PDA

View Full Version : Gins nothing out of the Ordinary Cooking.

Raindrop
08-11-2013, 12:42 AM
So I dunno, I figured I would start a "cook book" here with my secrets and my stuff for you people to enjoy.

So starting off I will just put something easy out here for you to try and enjoy.
There will be quite a bit of vegetarian food (That is Lakto and Ovo vegetarian food as it is the most common one among vegetarians) but not only that of course.
I will give you tips and tricks for some unusual stuff.
If you ever want to discuss something major with me you are free to VM/PM, though if you only have a question and tend not to bring it up as a major discussion, feel free to ask here OR if better up, you have tried cooking something that I posted here, leave a comment and tell me how it went and how it tasted. :)

Finally before I set you off with my first recipe in here, feel free to try out my recipes and mix and trick with them to your hearts content and flavor as experimenting in the kitchen is the best. :)

Tomato and Mozzarella.

First off, it can be as Starter or just because you felt like it, either way it is easy and awesome.

2-4 People.

2 Tomatoes.
Mozzarella Cheese 200g
Olive Oil (Preferably)
Fresh Basilica*
Flake Salt

First off what you want to do is to have your groceries ready for use.
Others things you will need is:

Cutting Board
Knife
Small gratin dish
Hand Blender/Blender* (Not necessary, so if you don't got one, you CAN use the knife if you are skilled enough or just exchange the fresh Basilica for some dried basilica and skip the last step before the oven).

Start your oven at 200 degrees Celsius (that is 392 degrees Fahrenheit).

So, what you do is to split the tomatoes in two, cut out the green tips of them and preferable cut of some tomato skin from each half's own bottom to make a so called "foot" or flat surface for it to stand more stably upon. Slice the mozzarella and place them on the tomato halves, if there is any left over of the mozzarella, eat it directly OR place it in between the tomato halves.

Take the olive oil and sprinkle some at the bottom of the small gratin dish, just a bit so to not have the tomatoes stick onto the form.

Now if you have a blender, put in about 1-2 dl olive oil in it, and about a few/couple of sprigs of basil and blend it till it makes a fine smooth dressing, salt and pepper after taste but not TOO much for that could throw of the taste from the tomato and mozzarella.
(If you didn't have a blender of sorts, just finely chop/mince the fresh basilica by with a knife OR sprinkle the oil at the tomato and mozzarella and sprinkle a bit of dried basilica on it as touch)
At last if you did the blender thing, pour it evenly and gently onto the tomato and mozzarella and sprinkle some flake salt.

Put it in the oven for about 15 minutes or so (keep a check on it as ovens so differ from one and each other).
When the cheese has melted and it looks done (because it will) take it out, let it cool of a bit as the tomato can be very hot for a while and serve after a couple of minutes, (like 2-5 minutes that is, I really hate burning my tongue on good food as it takes away to good taste.) xD

Anyway, that is for starters and I hope you enjoy this easy recipe. ;)

Have a pleasant time with friends, drink and enjoy your food and I shall post more whenever I can and feel like it. :)

Raindrop
09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
Appetizer / Snack

Inventory:

Cheddar / Spicy Cheese
Puff pastry

Good things to have:

Rolling pin
Grater
Knife / dough cutters

Put the oven at 175 degrees celsius.
Start by tearing the cheese.
Roll out puff pastry in a rectangular shape.
Cut the dough in a thumb thickness over the width.
Add the cheese nicely over the lengths you just made.
Roll them as screws and try to get the screwing to infer.
Put them in one form or oven plate.
Bake them at 175 degrees centigrade for the received bit color or until cheese is melted.
Remove them from the oven when they see / feel ready and let cool briefly.
Enjoy your meal, well or snack time.