PDA

View Full Version : Duelist Dominion: Gabrielle (Queen Bee) VS Urson

E1Alpha
08-21-2013, 10:40 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/28upv11.png

Gabrielle VS Urson

Shadow and the soft ristling of leaves are the only companions one would at first notice in the seemingly endless woods. Dark clouds covered the nightsky, leaving only a small bit of moonlight to light the way through the thick canopies. An occasionaly wolf howl in the far distance stirred the attention of scared critters, causing them to scurry hopelessly to a new hiding location.

A bit further into the woods, a large brawny looking man had settled down, legs crossed and his fists placed against one another, taking deep and slow breaths. He was barechested, but had a good amount of fur covering him. A large, furry kilt laid over his legs, and his hands were much larger than those of a regular human, fur covering them, while also sporting large claws. Finally, to finish it up, a cowl in the shape of a bear head laid over his head.
Remaining motionless in place, his nose finally twitched and his bright yellow eyes opened up, gazing about. "Mmm..." His growling voice ushered out toughtfully, as he slowly pushed himself up. "It appears... I am not alone anymore..."

Bee Bear
08-22-2013, 10:14 AM
"Well spotted, beast-man," Gabrielle's voice echoed eerily through the trees. She was perched high up on a branch directly above Urson, crouched down and leaning over so she could keep him in view. Her pale eyes were alight with excitement. This man below her was no ordinary human, that much she could tell.

A new plaything, she thought with relish.

"I am Gabrielle," she continued in her soft French accent. "Who might you be? And what brings you to this ..." She chuckled lightly. " ... particular neck of the woods?"

As she spoke she was bracing herself against the tree and tensing her muscles, ready at any second to leap into the air and take flight should he attack.

E1Alpha
08-27-2013, 06:08 PM
The shamanistic warrior gazed up at the treetops as he heard the voice echo from above him, taking his time to peer through the branches and leaves. "I have come here to seek peaceful meditation... Requesting the spirits to deliver upon me a challenge worthy to test the power of the bear." Finally, his eyes locked a faint distortian in the green of the leaves, sitting atop a branch. He could not discern the nature of his opponent from his point of view however. "Are you there answer? Let us find out." With that said, he moved towards the tree and reared up his fist, landing a powerful punch into it, shattering some of the wood, making the entire tree tremble violently (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC0dCtXC5do). "Come down, little girl. Let us do battle in honor of the ancient spirits."

Bee Bear
08-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Gabrielle could not be so easily phased. Her grip on the trembling tree tightened momentarily as she came up with a course of action, then she released it and leapt into the air directly over Urson. She dropped for a split second until she extended her powerful wings and safely glided over him. There was little room to maneuver so she decided to take a bit of a risk and go in for a landing.

Her high heels touched the ground about twenty meters from Urson. When they did Gabrielle was already prepared with her bow out and a bodkin tipped arrow at the ready. The string was pulled back tight, but for now she pointed the weapon at the ground directly in front of her enemy.

"Here I am as per your request, big man," she shrugged cockily. "But I see no honour for a man to do battle with a mere woman like me. What would your ancestors think ...?" She tut-tutted in fake disappointment to try and rile him up.

Angry men made a lot of mistakes.

E1Alpha
08-30-2013, 01:34 PM
The man couldn't help but smirk, keeping his defensive stance, one fist extended before him, the other resting at his stomach. "You are part beast yourself. You should be well aware that only one rulle counts in the wilds. The rule of survival. The measurement of strength seperates from the worthy from those who aren't. And honor does not look at gender. You carry a weapon with you, that is enough to say you are a warrior. As where I to beat another warrior in honorable combat, my ancestors and the spirits would be proud."

With a grin flashing on his face, the bestial warrior kept his eyes locked on the bow and arrow as he now began charging forward, his fists now held besides his body, hanging backwards as he rushed forward to try and close the distance with the harpy and if possible, bring up one of his fists to try and strike the woman in the chest with a straight punch, channeling his bestial strength into the punch to make its impact stronger.

Bee Bear
08-30-2013, 09:10 PM
So he wasn't quite as easy to rattle as Gabrielle had hoped. No matter, she smiled inwardly. But there was no time to come up with another tactic - he'd finally finished his long-winded speech and was attacking.

"Ma chère," she purred, watching his foolish headlong rush. "So eager to die ..." One of Gabrielle's greatest assets was her agility and grace, which she put to good use by taking three quick steps to her left and tracking Urson's movement with the bow in one smooth motion. As she did so, she flicked her wings out and prepared to give them a hard flap in order to make her escape to the treetops again.

Before she did so, however, she released the nocked arrow. If Urson didn't dodge or block in any way, it would hit and pierce its intended target - his left foot.

E1Alpha
09-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Urson's eyes had been locked on the arrow since he had begun his charge, well-aware that a ranged opponent would take advantage of a forward charge. As the harpy's wings beat herself off of the ground, and the arrow was sent soaring towards him, he dug his heel into the ground and forced himself into a sideways roll, dodging the arrow quite easily as he now began to rush to the side, in between the trees, trying to keep his eyes on his opponent. "Hmm... Need a way to ground her..."

Bee Bear
09-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Gaining altitude quickly, Gabrielle left the confines of the woods and circled around above the treetops in the general area where she believed Urson to be. As she patrolled her keen eyes detected movement here and there, flashes of colour that were just slightly different from the green and brown of their environment.

The bow was still in her hand and she now loaded it with another arrow while she gripped an extra in her teeth, ready to be fired next.

"Come out, chère!" she taunted, hoping that if she got him to reply it would betray his position. "Or are you afraid of me now?"

As soon as she saw a heard something or got a clearer sign on movement she would fire the arrow.