PDA

View Full Version : Mystivale - A Fantasy Adventure OOC; Still Accepting Profiles - IC Now Open

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Mysteria
10-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Eldora:

http://i515.photobucket.com/albums/t354/TykeTAI/mystivale.gif

This is a fantasy adventure rp, where just about anything goes, within the rules. Insanity and I are the Co-GMs, so if you have any questions ask us.

The Story:

Hundreds of years ago, the realm of Mystivale was in a state of constant war as the three great kingdoms - Silmere, Taurendell, and Oronaro - vied for power. As the might of their armies grew, so did the destruction and chaos they wrought upon their world. Countless died, and the three armies nearly destroyed the very lands for which they had fought for so long.

Realizing the folly of the past, twelve brave warriors emerged as the leaders of their kingdoms. Together they signed a treaty that would usher in a new age of peace, and then set to work rebuilding what had been destroyed.

Some however, so accustomed to war, began to fight amongst themselves. Violent groups of rogues threatened the fragile peace. Other groups rose up seeking to take power for themselves and form thier own countries.
In order to preserve the treaty and restore order, the leaders built a large arena on an island between the three kingdoms. Every year, warriors from each country would come to prove themselves against others in a Grand Tournament, and every hundred years, a Centennial Tournament would be held to determine the new monarch (either the king or the queen) of each kingdom.

The peoples were satisfied with such an arrangement, and relative peace has reigned in Mystivale ever since. Now however, as another Centennial Tournament looms, a nameless shadow stirs in the hearts and minds of the people.

What does the future hold for the three kingdoms?

Mysteria
10-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Eldora:

The Kingdoms

Here's a brief description of all of the known parts of Mystivale:
Silmere: Often called the Kingdom of Water, this southwestern kingdom relies on its rivers and the sea for much of its food and trade goods. It is cut into sections by these rivers and also by the Tear and Crescent mountain ranges. Because of the rich water supply, it is also a great country for farming.

Lumina Island: Off the mainland, far to the southwest, an island of frozen tundra called Lumina is home to a small village of fishers and weavers called Lumina Village. Some consider Lumina to be seperate from the kingdoms, however Silmere claims it as a territory, and it has never been publically contested.

Taurendell: This northern kingdom, called the Kingdom of Earth, is covered almost entirely by forest. It is divided clearly in half by a range of mountains known as The Ridge, and very few know the secret trails that lead from the northern half to the southern. Few who were not born in this kingdom dare to explore it, as tales are often told of adventurers getting lost and never returning.

Oronaro: The massive desert kingdom isn't called the Kingdom of Fire for nothing. Unwary travellers could wander aimlessly in the desert forever if they are not lucky enough to stumble upon one of the few oasis cites, or the giant castle fortress. But then, it might be best if they had stayed lost, for Oronaro's warriors are famous for thir bad temper. It is often said that the fire of the volcano at the center of the kingdom boils the blood of it's warriors.

Coil Island: The shape of this desert island roughly resembles a coiled snake ready to strike. It is a territory of Oronaro, however their ships patrol the waters surrounding it constantly to ensure that no one trespasses. Some say that the Coil Mountains are full of precious metals and jewels, while others contest that it is nothing more than a haven for monsters, and thus is too dangerous for humans.

Now, on to the Rules

General Rules:

1. First and foremost, follow all the site and forum rules. Obviously.

2. PM me with your profiles and any questions or requests.

3. What Insanity and I say is law. If at any time we decide to change the rules, we'll let you know, but they will still be law.

4. There is no minimum post length or literacy level. Try to keep your posts neat, but other than that, if you feel comfortable with it and we can all understand it, it should be ok.

5. You can play as many characters as you think you can handle, but you can only have one hero. Basically the hero will be your main character, who will try to win the favor of their monarch, and eventually compete for the throne in the Tournament (if they live that long).

6. If at any time you want to leave, just post the reason for leaving here, as well as how you would like the GMs to handle your characters' absense/death.

7. Last and most importantly, have fun!

Characters will fall into three categories, either hero, antagonist, or neutral.

Hero Rules:

1. Heroes must be human, and they must fall into one of the classes listed below. These are fairly broad, so you should have no trouble picking one that best suits your hero. Their class will also determine in part where your hero will start their journey.

Knight - In order to qualify as a knight, you have to have ties with the royalty of your kingdom, either by blood or by favor. Knights can wield swords and shields and can wear any type of armor. They can't use magic. though, so they have to rely on their strength. Knighthood is most popular in Silmere, but the other kingdoms have knights as well.

Warrior - This is a general term for those who are trained to use a certain type of weapon, and only that type. They may be skilled at using swords but wouldn't qualify as a knight, for instance. For your weapon you can choose anything except bows, staves, or Fighter weapons. They can also use shields if they have a one-handed weapon, and they can equip any kind of armor. Like knights they can't use magic. Most warriors are trained in Oronaro's castle fortress.

Fighter - These may go by many other names, depending on their fighting style. You could think of them as Monks, Berserkers, or even Ninjas. Basically, they are skilled both at fighting with their hands and with a certain type of weapon, such as knives, claws, katanas, throwing stars, etc. They are not as strong as Knights or Warriors, but they make up for it with speed and flexability. Because they need to rely on speed, they can't equip heavy metal armor. They can also use a bit of magic, but have no real talent for it. Fighters usually hail form Taurendell, but recently Oronaro has begun training them as well.

Archer - This is pretty self-explanitory. They use bows and arrows, and that's pretty much it. They also have to rely more on speed and intelligence than strength, and so they can't equip heavy armor. They can strike from a distance, and can also use some magic. Archers usually start off as hunters in Taurendell, but of course there are archers in other kingdoms as well, as it is a useful class.

Healer - Using both magical and natural means, they can cure ailments and heal some wounds. Usually a healer wouldn't be interested in joining the Tournament, as the magic they use drains their physical strength. This is why they are stereotyped as being frail and frightened, though in truth they simply appreciate the weight of their class. They usually wield wooden staves or flails, and because of their magic, they usually only wear the lightest of armor, such as robes and cloaks. The majority of healers come from Silmere and Taurendell.

Magician - The masters of offensive magic, they are able to manipulate the elements around them to their advantage. In other words, only the most skilled of magicians would be able to cast a fire spell in the tundra, or vice versa. This type of magic requires knowldege of the elements, so most Magicians are considered to be quite intelligent. However, like the healer's magic, a magician's magic drains their energy so they are physically weaker than most. They usually wear robes or cloaks for armor, and usually hail from Oronaro.

2. The term hero does not imply whether a character is "good" or "evil". Each hero will be fighting for his or her kingdom. Their personalities and where their priorities lie is up to you.

3. Aside from the kings and queens, royalty can also be heroes, but in battle they have no advantage against any other heroes. Insanity and I will play the reigning monarchs. Let us know if you want a character to be royalty.

Antagonist Rules:

1. In this case, antagonist simply means any force that will seek to hinder the heroes in their mission. This can be an individual or group.
2. If you want to play the part of an antagonist, PM me or Insanity and we will let you know if your profile fits what we have in mind. Nothing's set in stone, and we are always open to new ideas, but we have a general plot that we'd like to stick to, which relies quite heavily on the antagonists.

Neutral Rules

1. Neutral characters are either NPCs or the "normal" people of the kingdoms. They may fight or have some basic abilities, but they won't play any huge roles in the plot. For example, they may provide a service for a hero, or in the case of a thief might steal something from them. But only other heroes or antagonists can kill a hero.

2. You can make these up as you go along or stay with one or two if you like. They won't require profiles, but I would encourage descriptiveness and consistancy with them.

Profile Outline

Username:

Name of Character:

Type of Character:

Kingdom:

Character Class/Job:

Strengths/Abilities:

Personality:

Bio:

Appearance: (I would prefer if you didn't post a picture here. I know it's tempting, but I prefer that players use their descriptive writing skills instead. Include any weapons your character has here.)
Other: (Any other relevent information.)

And as I said before, please PM Insanity or me and get our approval before posting your profiles.

Eldora
10-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey, everybody. It's me.

Please check in here so that I know how many people are still in the rp.

Edit: Thank you for all your hard work, Mysteria. *hugs*

Mysteria
10-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Hey, I'm in and will get the rest transferred asap. Give me a few minutes to grab what was added since I updated yesterday!

*edit*

You should be good to go now, I have them transferred.

Eldora
10-26-2009, 10:07 PM
I know that I said I was going to wait to post, but then I realized that you have to post in order to subscribe to a topic. I replied to Shani's post, so you guys can go ahead and start posting again, and we'll work out who's here and who's not later.

GraftRaven
10-26-2009, 10:12 PM
i'm here, and somewhat disturbed by the loss of some roleplays in the sci-fi and mature sections but oh well xD

Heirosyth
10-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Here!

Edit: I know it's a big favor to ask, but can someone from the members section put in a good word for me to those mods/admins so I can get out of the Newbie box? Thanks!

Eldora
10-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Great guys. Heirosyth, it's still your turn. And I'll be glad to put in a good word for you. =)

Heirosyth
10-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Cripes, you people post fast! *grins* Alright, next post is up, trying to tie together all the stuff Esther and Tsuyako did in my momentary lapse there.

Let me know if anything needs changing.

mcstringer
10-26-2009, 11:50 PM
I am BAACCCKKK

Mysteria
10-26-2009, 11:55 PM
i'm here, and somewhat disturbed by the loss of some roleplays in the sci-fi and mature sections but oh well xD

Only games that were put in the roleplay transfer threads with links were transfered here. All gm's were PM'd. Each game that was listed in that thread, has been transferred. It was the gm's responsibility to make sure that it happened, not the staffs.

Heirosyth
10-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Hot dog! Member status! That was fast! Thanks!

Eldora
10-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Thank Mysteria. She's the one who put in a good word for you. She's been working all day trying to keep up with the updates on all of the topics. I think she deserves a gold medal. Or at least a cookie. ;)

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Thank you!! I love cookies, and I AM hungry. I think I forgot to eat today!

mmmm...cookies!!!

Heirosyth
10-27-2009, 12:14 AM
*passes Mysti a tall glass of cool milk to go with the cookies*

Can't have one without the other, I dare say.

And thank you again, Mysteria!

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Milk, cookies...what more could I possibly want!! Thanks!

mcstringer
10-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Wouch Myst not cool. I always find time to eat. When I am on my death bed, you can bet I snuck a Big Mac through somehow ans will eat it before I pass on. Ofcourse that philosophy has gotten me to the plus size I am today.

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm going to make time, right now. I'm fairly caught up on the games now, so I AM going to make time. ;king9;

Eldora
10-27-2009, 12:26 AM
What's this I hear about someone not eating? *Brings in a plate of baked salmon* You need some protein in you! I hear eating dessert first is good for the digestion, though. Lol. *Sets plate in front of Mysteria.* Let me know if I can get you anything else, dear.

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Heck, Im just gonna sit here and eat the offerings!!

Milk, cookies, *eatookie* salmon...I have everything I need now!! Thanks ya'll!!

Eldora
10-27-2009, 12:44 AM
You're welcome Mysteria. Now go get yourself some real food and stop eating up all the virtual stuff. Lol.

Anyway guys, it looks like Insanity might not be on again for a while. I have some work that needs to be done, and I may or may not be on for the next few days until i get it finished. If he get's back while I'm gone, do me a favor and tie him up for me, ok? I don't want him running off again. Lol.

GraftRaven
10-27-2009, 01:14 AM
Only games that were put in the roleplay transfer threads with links were transfered here. All gm's were PM'd. Each game that was listed in that thread, has been transferred. It was the gm's responsibility to make sure that it happened, not the staffs.

sorry, it wasn't a crack at the moderators, i was just suprised by the number of gms that didn't request a transfer xD

P.S. i like this smiley: :sauron:

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 01:26 AM
It's ok, I just wanted to be sure that everyone understood that we ARE working hard on this end to make certain all gm's who asked to have stuff transferred were taken care of.

Have a cookie!! *eatookie*

Shani
10-27-2009, 01:34 AM
Hello, I'm still here. I love this rp and the wonderful people I get to to with.

Eldora
10-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Aww. Thanks, Shani. It's a pleasure roleplaying with you too. All of you. =)

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 01:47 AM
and now I wish I had more time for more rp's cuz as I was transferring this I couldn't help but keep thinking DARN I wish I would have joined this one!

katosu
10-27-2009, 02:32 AM
Rawr... I lost all my nifty forum-stuffs. Like checking the active user list and PM's D:

Ah well. Time to start post-whoring to get some skills back. It's sorta like being data-drained in .hack. <.< Only I'm not in a coma! :D

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 02:35 AM
I can fix the pm thing for you! I'll go do it now!

katosu
10-27-2009, 02:52 AM
But I LIKE being data-drained! D:

Mysteria
10-27-2009, 02:59 AM
I can put you back to a newbie if you want me too!!

katosu
10-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Data drain only works once! D<

After that, I think you start building a resistance or something... Why hasn't anyone ever been Data Drained twice? <_<

Eldora
10-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Which are you a fan of, the games, the anime, or the manga? I did it backwards. I got hooked on the manga, then played the game(the first one), then watched the anime(The first series all the way through).

katosu
10-27-2009, 03:26 AM
Which are you a fan of, the games, the anime, or the manga? I did it backwards. I got hooked on the manga, then played the game(the first one), then watched the anime(The first series all the way through).

.hack//SIGN was one of my earlier Animes (I won't mention what my earliest one was for the sake of my pride.) I got hooked on that, then played .hack//INFECTION and the other three.

Did the same thing with G.U., but right now I'm actually reading the manga of .hack//LINK. I haven't been impressed so far. =/

Glad to see another fan. :)

Eldora
10-27-2009, 03:33 AM
I didn't really like the way //SIGN ended. It tied some loose ends but still left you wondering. For instance... What the?! Tsukasa is a GIRL?!! She had a different name in another version of the anime, but I don't remember what it was - the main character who was trapped in the game. Also there are a few disturbing things about the end, like the "father" of the floating girl. That thing he was trapped in gave me nightmares. And what was the deal with the evil voice that said she was Tsukasa's dead mother? I never understood that.

By the way, if you don't know what we're talking about, just ignore us. It makes no sense to anyone else and it would be a pain to try and explain it.

katosu
10-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Yea, Harold's existance in the world still confuses me sometimes. I don't really get what's going on with him, but I don't think .hack has ever really TRIED to explain him, outside of being the maker of The World and being the "Father" of Aura. <_<

...And yea, anyone who doesn't know .hack wouldn't get a single word of this. xD

mcstringer
10-27-2009, 04:57 AM
SIGN was the best one in my opinion, but that is because it is so dark centered and a little f-ed up. I have seen and read others, and I did not like them as much. The one set after all that which I think is LINK was alright.

katosu
10-27-2009, 12:18 PM
SIGN was the best one in my opinion, but that is because it is so dark centered and a little f-ed up. I have seen and read others, and I did not like them as much. The one set after all that which I think is LINK was alright.

I think that was DUSK, actually (Chronologically; SIGN (anime/manga) -> INFECTION (Games) -> DUSK (Anime/Manga) -> G.U. (Anime/Manga and Game) -> LINK.)

Link is a newer one that has come out recently that takes place in "The World: RX" (Third Version.) So far, it's just been REALLY annoying, as it not only has a really annoying main character (Very starry-eyed, with visions of becoming a 'Hero', which he reminds you of every ten seconds.), but so far it's just been rehashing old, used characters (Tsukasa, Kite, Haseo, and Tri-Edge so far.)

Eldora
10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Okay guys, I just re-posted Mystivale to the Recruitment forum, so you'll have to behave yourselves.

Like that will happen. =P

Heirosyth
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM
*knows what a scop is*

Just saying... you know, without actually saying. *grins*

Eldora
10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
You knew the word of the day? Good for you! *Pats Heirosyth on the head* Lol.

It's your turn to post, by the by.

Heirosyth
10-27-2009, 10:36 PM
I see that.

But I probably won't get to it tonight.

Shani
10-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I love the word of the day :)

MidKnight
10-27-2009, 11:05 PM
hey Eldora, did RPA had a upgrade or something??? Because I tried to log into my account but it had no file or anything of my last profile, so do we have to start everything over or what???

GraftRaven
10-28-2009, 12:09 AM
well... this is embarrassing... i've lst track of Devlen, anyone know where he is at the moment? :SOS:

Eldora
10-28-2009, 02:03 AM
He's being carried by the guards back to the castle. They should be back by now.

Eldora
10-28-2009, 02:04 AM
And Hell Knight, we upgraded. Everyone had to do the same as you. This new site'll take getting used to, but it looks great.

RisingPhoenix
10-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Is this still open to sign ups?

Eldora
10-28-2009, 02:21 AM
Sure. Just PM me with your profiles and we'll talk.

Eldora
10-28-2009, 03:22 AM
Edit: Miss Devil is definately out. She needs to study for her SATs so she told me to drop her character.

Shani
10-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Aww, thats really sad I have too much on my plate otherwise I would.

mcstringer
10-28-2009, 07:22 AM
Monkeys, still have not thought of anything for Oronaro.

Eldora
10-28-2009, 11:57 AM
You try to run three kingdoms at once. =P JK
I know, I know, I'll figure out something.

Edit: I posted a good long post for Emperor Odor Shan II, the emperor of Oronaro. If that doesn't get the ball rolling for Oronaro, I don't know what will.

mcstringer
10-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks, I just stall out every time I think of posting.

Anne Bonny
10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg

Eldora
10-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Cool! Thank you, Miss Bonny!

Eldora
10-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Hello visitors. Thanks for coming. =)

If you think you are interested in playing, PM me with your profiles and we will discuss them.

If you want to check out the IC before you decide, or if you just want to lurk, check out the IC thread:
Mystivale IC (http://74.220.215.108/~rolepla3/forum/showthread.php?t=472)

Eldora
10-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Excalibur, what do you think about the Emperor's introduction? Did I do alright there?

mcstringer
10-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Yah, now I just have to fiddle around with it, and create my own Rp at the same time. No big.

Eldora
10-28-2009, 10:25 PM
There's no hurry, Excalibur. Go ahead and get your rp set up, and just let me know when you're ready to start the Chimera hunt.

A question to the group, to splicer in particular:

Shall we stall the battle in Taurendell's western woods until Jesse gets here, or at least wait a few days on it? Or should we go ahead with it and let him jump back in when/if he gets here.

GraftRaven
10-28-2009, 10:53 PM
i'm partial to waiting a little while longer, but if you want to go ahead...

Eldora
10-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Alright, we'll wait a few more days. But in the meantime I've set things up for your hero character so you can start playing him if you like.

mcstringer
10-29-2009, 12:33 AM
I am almost done. I double task this stuff with a Monster in my hand till I kill over from too many Monsters.

Heirosyth
10-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Eldora, look for a post from me tomorrow, or Friday at the latest--it's coming, I promise.

Eldora
10-29-2009, 12:51 AM
I understand, and don't think you have to rush. I will definately be on tomorrow, but Friday I have a Bat Mitzvah to help plan and I'll probably be gone all day. After that I might not be back on until Sunday.

mcstringer
10-29-2009, 01:27 AM
Cool. Congradulate the lucky lady for us.

Eldora
10-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Thanks, I will. =)

Nyccus
10-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Eldora did you get my last PM? I won't be able to work on the rp much friday and saturday as well. I've got an exercise coming up so I'll be wrapped up in that and probably dead tired. Let me know if I need to send everything again.

Eldora
10-29-2009, 11:35 AM
No, I didn't get it. Send it when you have the time.

katosu
10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
I might write up an antagonist now that I have some free time. Any thoughts on what you would want?

Eldora
10-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Perhaps one of Kar'Athul's buddies, another immortal monster? Or perhaps another rebel leader maybe (Lumina could use something).

Heirosyth
10-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Post up! Apologies again for the delay.

GraftRaven
10-31-2009, 01:46 AM
i realized this was missing xD

Username: splicer407

Name of Character: Devlen Takaru

Type of Character: Hero

Kingdom: Taurendell

Character Class/Job: Archer

Strengths/Abilities: Heightened senses, slight involuntary magic, intellect, customized arrows (bomb, smoke, net, multi, ect.)

Personality: Highly intelligent, inquisitive, outlandish, calculating.

Bio: Devlen was a quite normal child, then he started showing signs of brilliance by building a clock out of shop scraps, a bit later he began his training in archery, developing a few special techniques and types of ammunition. What is his goal? Win the competition of course!

Appearance BEFORE incident: 5' 8", black, naturally spiky, hair, fair skin, green eyes that are almost luminescant. He normally wears a hite shirt covered by a green vest, with black pants and a patterned green/dark green cape (which is really more like a cloak, but without most of the front or sleeves) with a hood. He also carries a longbow made of blackened oak and and quiver made of leather which has separate partitions for different arrows and a side tube for the bow when its not in use.

Appearance changes AFTER incident: The uppermost left part of his face, including the eye, has been burnt away, leaving only the white bone of his skull, also the areas of flesh around it have been streaked with black. His left eye is missing, however, due to processes beyond understanding a red orb has now replaced it, granting extra sensitivity, especially in low light. Nobody understands how he will survive this encounter, as the corrosive material has proven to be poisonous to others.

Other: He has no idea what he is in for, or what the incident has done to his destiny.

my thanks go to Mysteria for pulling it out of the old site ^_^

Alas PoorYorick
10-31-2009, 03:23 AM
I wish to dearly join this RP, yet I cannot send out PMs yet? May I just post my profile here?

Eldora
10-31-2009, 05:41 AM
Ok, splicer, I'll add it back to the profile thread when I get a chance.

And Yorick, I see you're a member now. You can probably use PM again. If that doesn't work though, then you may certainly post your profiles here.

katosu
11-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I am the sex in my holloween outfit.

Just felt you should all know that. :)

GraftRaven
11-01-2009, 01:45 AM
hmm... interesting bit of information

for me trick-or-treat night comes around and i'm on my way up to my dad's house on a 1.5 hour drive... oh well, would've been stuck handing out candy i couldn't eat anyway xD

Eldora
11-01-2009, 02:02 AM
TMI, Katosu. TMI. Lol.

For my part, I don't participate in Halloween. But hey, I have all the fudge I can stand right now.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Splicer, I think maybe we've waited long enough for jesse to come back. It's been a week since the site move and he hasn't even signed up yet. What do you think?

I have an idea though. We can finish out the battle in such a way as to not hold it up for him, but make it so that he can come back in later if he wants to. If he has a problem with it, he can take it up with me later.

MidKnight
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey Eldora, I didn't get any fudge, instead....I got a rock. LOL.

Anyways I'll just keep up what I'm doing, maybe have my guy set out on his own.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Lol.

"What did you get, Charlie Brown?"
"A Rock..."

I love Charlie Brown.

Okay. Sorry things have been kind of slow in that area, but it should pick up once we can get back to the battle.

MidKnight
11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
LOL, the only thing that was kind a funny to me was when they added Charlie Brown on Family Guy lol.

So...Should I have my character get involved in your guy's war???

Eldora
11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
That might be a good idea. Wait to join in until splicer gets back though. It's still his turn.

MidKnight
11-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Alright then, I was gonna post last night and all, but nothing came to mind lol.

So who should I do it??? Come up the guard and give him a punch? or ask his captain to join his ranks?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
I think we covered this already. Wasn't Tauroneo on his way home going in that direction anyway? I think maybe he should just stumble upon the battle. And it's not really a war per se. It's just a bunch of guys out looking for the monster that killed the king. It's up to you though.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 05:34 PM
So, um I read from the title, that this is still accepting characters. So I was wondering, what are you looking for in a character? What are your expectations for a character? Anything specific you want?

MidKnight
11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Alright I'll send Tauroneo back home after he's done chopping up wood.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 05:47 PM
@ Security of Mem

Check out the first two posts on here, and you should get a fairly good idea.

We need some more characters in Silmere and Oronaro. After the site move a few people kind of disappeared and haven't shown up again. -.- What we need most as far as heroes are knights and magicians, just to even things out a bit. If you wanted to do something in Taurendell, though, feel free. You can only have one hero though.

We can always use a few more neutrals. It would be nice if there was another Messenger like Shadow, but you could do a more normal character if you wanted.

As for antagonists, you can pretty much go wild like splicer did with Kar'Athul.

If you have any questions about it, just PM me and we'll chat.

Edit- Sorry, I just noticed that you can't PM. Feel free to post your profiles here and we'll talk them out.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Username: Security of Mem

Name of Character: Echo

Kingdom: Silmere

Character Class/Job: Magician

Strengths/Abilities: Water and wind. All though he can use fire and earth as well. His favorite abilities are magic of water and wind. Like him they flow.

Personality: Echo is the silent type. He only speaks when necessary. He is well knowledge and spends most of his time reading books. Echo is shy towards new people, but that doesn't mean he won't speak to them. He's kind and gentle. He can be slightly peculiar at times as it seems he is a little out of the box.

Bio: Echo was born normally. His parents were not rich nor middle class. They were rather poor. But that didn't stop them from the little things in life. When Echo was young he use to sneak into the libraries and just read all the most fantastical stories. He was a child with his head always in the clouds. Always thinking outside of the box, which didn't help him make any friends. Then again Echo was always to nerdy for them anyway. Echo would also sneak into classrooms to here the lessons the school children would be given. Living on the streets wasn't so bad. His father was the thief and his mother was the cook. No one bothered them. Echo doesn't remember a life without a good time with his family. Till they caught an illness. Serpentine Poison. He watched as the disease mad them crumble away. From then on Echo had to find a way to make it on his own.

Appearance: Echo is a handsome young man. He has light brown hair that is cut short to the nape of his neck. He wears a gray poncho over a black robe. He wraps around a blue scarf around his neck hiding a scar that he has on his neck. He's cold to the touch with pale skin. His eyes are a liquid blue that move like an ocean as people explain it. His poncho is flecked with patches of dirt. He looks as if he had been traveling alone for a while.

Other: NA

Eldora
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
That sounds good. Just so you know, you can do multiple characters if you like, but only one can be a hero. So, what kingdom are you thinking?

MidKnight
11-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm no expert at RP but damn I can't compare my skills with Slicer or Kar'Athul. LOL. You can say I'm a medium player.

Anyways Eldora, if Slicer posts today I'll try and come up with something good to met up with the soldiers hunting down the monster, uh which reminds me, what kind of monster??? Last post I read said something about a bear?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
The bear was in Silmere. It was a sort of magical experiment by Horum's magicians, and it had poison in it's veins. It nearly killed Tsuyako, but Esther and Sage Mourn saved him. Long story.

The monster they are talking about in Taurendell is Kar'Athul, splicer's necromancing tar-spider-skeleton thing. I suggest you read more about him in the Profile Thread. Basically, he attacked the castle, killed the king, and nearly killed Shadow who managed with the help of the castle guards to run him off.

Yeah, I know it's confusing, but there are different plots being played out in each kingdom.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
That sounds good. Just so you know, you can do multiple characters if you like, but only one can be a hero. So, what kingdom are you thinking?

I posted a rough bit of the profile editing my post. I wanted to be in Silmere because I like water.
But I'm not sure about the other bits.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Okay, would you like to go through and read it yourself, or would you like me to give you the Reader's Digest version of what's happened in Silmere thus far?

And did you say you posted your profile already? I haven't seen it. Just post it here and we can talk about it, then I'll post it to the profile thread when it's approved.

GraftRaven
11-02-2009, 06:21 PM
BLARGH!! I have returned

@ HK: me, Kar'Athul, and the 'monster' (at least in this context) are all the same thing ^_^

@ Eldora: yes, i think we should move on, its been quite long enough. I'll start typing and hopefully we can get this moving again.

EDIT: disreguard anything that i said that's already been said... i missed a lot, this thread is moving incredibly fast x.x

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 06:22 PM

Type of Character: ??? Not sure I understand this bit.

Kingdom: Silmere??

Character Class/Job: ??? I understand this bit, but not sure I understand it from the perspective of this RP

Strengths/Abilities: What are we limited here about?

Personality: Echo is the silent type. He only speaks when necessary. He is well knowledge and spends most of his time reading books. Echo is shy towards new people, but that doesn't mean he won't speak to them. He's kind and gentle. He can be slightly peculiar at times as it seems he is a little out of the box.

Bio: Echo was born normally. His parents were not rich nor middle class. They were rather poor. But that didn't stop them from the little things in life. When Echo was young he use to sneak into the libraries and just read all the most fantastical stories. He was a child with his head always in the clouds. Always thinking outside of the box, which didn't help him make any friends. Then again Echo was always to nerdy for them anyway. Echo would also sneak into classrooms to here the lessons the school children would be given. Living on the streets wasn't so bad. His father was the thief and his mother was the cook. No one bothered them. Echo doesn't remember a life without a good time with his family. Till they caught an illness. Serpentine Poison. He watched as the disease mad them crumble away. From then on Echo had to find a way to make it on his own.

Appearance: Echo is a handsome young man. He has light brown hair that is cut short to the nape of his neck. He wears a gray poncho over a black robe. He wraps around a blue scarf around his neck hiding a scar that he has on his neck. He's cold to the touch with pale skin. His eyes are a liquid blue that move like an ocean as people explain it. His poncho is flecked with patches of dirt. He looks as if he had been traveling alone for a while.

I'm still confused about the bits.

May I have the readers digest version of what is going on? I read the thread as a guest a few days ago. But I'm slow in the head.

Edit: Gotta take my baby sister out for lunch. I'll be back.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Type of Character: Means hero, neutral, or antagonist.
Heroes are the ones seeking to join the Tournament and fight for their kingdom eventually. Antagonists are either monsters or "bad guys" that seek to hold down or kill the heroes, though they don't have to necessarily be "evil". Neutrals are neither one nor the other, though they can fight on the side of one or the other, or both. They are basically either NPCs, normal people, or those who are seeking to keep the playing field level, so to speak. Shadow, my Messenger character, would be an example of the latter.

Character Class/Job:
If your character is a hero or a neutral character, what is their fighting style (class), and what do they do for a living (job)? Your character's class would be magician, but you wouldn't have to put down anything for job.

Strengths/Abilities:
What is your character's level of skill in magic? In this game, magic is simply the ability to manipulate the existing elements around you into something different, using your own energy or that of an outside source like an amulat for instance. Magic is limited to the strength of the character's spirit as well as their knowledge of the elements and how to manipulate them.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Here's the story for Silmere so far, in a nutshell:

King Cyrus III seems to be dying of old age even though he is far from old, and fears that he will not live until the tournament a year from now. He has no known children, which means he will have to choose an heir. He asked his two closest friends and advisors, Master Sage Mourn and Master Healer Meliore to make the choice for him, but they convinced him against this. Esther one of the healing students, has a nightmare that she believes to be prophetic, and goes Mourn and Meliore, but they are too busy to speak with her about it. Meanwhile, Tsuyako, a boy that Master Mourn saved several years back and has sworn to be his servant to repay him for his kindness, is in the woods hunting a huge bear that Mourn had discovered traces of when he was tending his garden. The bear is no normal bear, but the one I mentioned earlier, with the mind of a human and the ability to heal itself, as well as poison in its claws.

*takes a deep breath*

Tsuyako kills the bear but not before getting scratched by it. He manages to make it back to Silmere castle before collapsing in front of Esther, who does her best to heal him before taking him inside to the Healers' Academy. Sage Mourn draws the rest of the poison out of him with magic and puts him to sleep. Just then Healer Meliore arrives, raves that he is the head healer around here and why didn't anyone bother telling him about this. He takes the poison and invites Esther to his lab to help him inspect the poison to figure out the nature of it. While they are gone, Sage Mourn goes to the dining hall of the castle in hopes of restoring some of the energy he had lost in healing Tsuyako. But he finds that the food has been poisoned, sends someone to go tell Meliore and the others, and runs to the king's chambers to make sure that he wasn't poisoned as well.

*another deep breath*

Menewhile, while Healer Meliore and Esther are experimenting with the poison, they realize that the body of the bear is still out there, and if any of the animals eat it, they could be poisoned too, and so on. They went back to the infirmary and found that Tsuyako had recovered and wanted to help in any way he could. On their way to warn the king, the boy Mourn sent catches up to them and tells them about the whole dining hall being poisoned. Esther takes charge and tells Meliore to go find the king while she and Tsuyako start a triage in the dining hall.

*struggles to catch breath* Now you're completely up to speed.

Edit: Guys, if I forgot anything or left anything out, just let me know.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Baby sister eats nothing, but junk. Anyway....thanks for letting me know. So let me finish this er profile.
Also I had another question. Is magic only limited to the elements? Is their other magical abilities?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 08:22 PM
The short answer to that is yes. There are other types, but they were supposedly sealed after the treaty hundreds of years ago. The exception to this would be healing magic, which only healers can use and involves the same premise - uses the caster's energy - but with a different set of rules.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
I realize I have too many questions, it's going to get annoying. How would magic be casted? I mean I know we would describe a fireball coming from the palm of their hand. What I meant is, if it were all right for my character to go back to traditional witchcraft? Back then the spells were written in short prose form. I wanted to create like a poetic one sentence phrase or if you let me a 3 line poem of magic he's going to cast. Would that be all right?
Not that he would say it, I mean 3 lines before casting a spell is funny and long and ridiculous. What I mean is that it would be said in his head. And only once. Like once I did the poem of fire, I'd never write that poem again. So a little introduction of the spells I guess.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Splicer, when you're ready, go ahead and post. You have half a kingdom waiting on you, you know. =p

@Security of Mem

That's alright I suppose if you wanted to do it that way. Some have come up with magic words to say, while with others it just happens. A good example would be in Insanity's first post when Mourn flicks his wrist and the candle on the table lights up. Yet later when he is healing Tsuyako, he uses magic words. Those are just examples. It's up to you really. Also, if he uses the poems simply to focus himself so that he can use his magic, that would be alright too. I don't like to be too restrictive on things like that. After all every character is different.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh cool. Traditional witchcraft and old fashion druidism really fascinate me. So I wanted my character to reflect the converge of those two. And I think I'm going to make a secondary character an antagonist. If that is all right.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Sure. Just... er... try to limit the magic to the roleplay, 'kay? I don't want to wake up with bunny ears on my head tomorrow. lol.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Don't worry I'm wican. We practice protection rituals and elements rituals.

GraftRaven
11-02-2009, 08:42 PM
i personally wouldn't mind animal ears... maybe not bunny ears...

anyway, post is coming.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Hmm...

Well, I won't say anything further on this subject then. I didn't realize with whom I was speaking. Perhaps we should discuss that at a later time, but I won't discuss politics or religion in my roleplays, and I would ask you to do the same, if you don't mind.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Hmm...

Well, I won't say anything further on this subject then. I didn't realize with whom I was speaking. Perhaps we should discuss that at a later time, but I won't discuss politics or religion in my roleplays, and I would ask you to do the same, if you don't mind.

lol

I wasn't trying to go there. But I won't do it again. And I'm not a crazy, lol. It isn't like I'm going to go: RAWR I hate you, you offended me and my religion. <----yeah that's crazy

Eldora
11-02-2009, 09:00 PM
No, I don't think you're crazy and I never said that you were.

I would ask however that you do not use any actual spells in your posts. I think you can understand why. Can you agree to that?

But if we could get off of this particular subject and move on to something else?

GraftRaven
11-02-2009, 09:07 PM
yeah... um... i have a question about Jesse's character: could i take control of him for say, two lines or so? it would make my post easier to write (plus it doesn't seem as if he's coming back.)

if no thats okay, i don't really care xD

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 09:08 PM
No, I don't think you're crazy and I never said that you were.

I would ask however that you do not use any actual spells in your posts. I think you can understand why. Can you agree to that?

But if we could get off of this particular subject and move on to something else?

Oh oh oh. lol. I would never do that. I was just going to introduce the elements, in a fictious way.

Of course.

What kind of antangonist are we looking for? Something humanoid possibly? Is there any specific race? Do they all have to be human?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 09:13 PM
No, the heroes are the only ones that have to be human. I'm mainly looking for more of Kar'Athul's buddies, meaning other immortal monsters that hail back from the time of war, they don't have to be anything like him. I'm also looking for more "normal" monsters. For instance, if you wanted to play the part of the chimera they're trying to track down in Oronaro, you could. You could also play as a human antagonist.

Edit: You could play a humanoid monster, but you might have to wait for the right time. I haven't introduced them yet really.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 09:14 PM
How about a male banshee? Would that be all right?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 09:19 PM
A banshee? That's a new one. I know what they are, but it depends, how would you play one?

GraftRaven
11-02-2009, 09:22 PM
*cough* not to be rude, but, did you perhaps miss my question?

or did i miss the answer >_>

Eldora
11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Oh, splicer, i just now noticed your post. Sure, that's alright with me. Write it into your post that I said it was alright. That way if he comes back, he'll know I'm to blame.

GraftRaven
11-02-2009, 09:23 PM
thank you ^_^

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Well the way I could play one would be the called the tracker. A banshee that follows someone whom they've put the mark on them. They would be your personal ghost. I was thinking male banshees talk to their enemies through their dreams. Like mini day dreams showing them things of their past. Enticing the enemies to come closer so they could take their soul.

I know female banshees have the terrible scream that kills. But i wanted to do something different. Not only with a male a banshee, but one with different sorta abilities.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Interesting concept. Could this banshee be seen or detected in any way, and could it be killed or banished? If not, it would be too powerful even for an antagonist, and my answer is no.

One other thought - perhaps instead of killing the enemy directly, it simply tries to lead them to their deaths. That would be more in line with the banshee legend.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Well that is what I meant. They lure them with what they want. And yes he can be detected and yes he could be killed.

Magic and magical weapons can kill him. And you can detect them if a thick fog begins to brew from nowhere.

Also you will be able to see the ghostly black figure of a robe in the fog. So you can always locate. It's whether or not you fall for the mind tricks it will play with you.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Alright then. Write up a quick profile for it and I'll post it to the Profile thread, and go ahead and finish your hero profile if you haven't already.

And what are you still doing here, splicer? Aren't you supposed to be writing? Shoo! Shoo! Lol.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 09:37 PM
*salutes* Aye aye captain. I'll go do that.

Name of Character: Tracker a.k.a The Tracker

Type of Character: Antagonist

Kingdom: Wandering creature, lurks in all kingdoms...meaning he follows you. lol whomever he choses to be his victim he follows you and you only.

Abilities: Lures it's enemies to their death by showing them the things they long for.

Appearance: Lurking in cold and cool fog is a shadow. A shadow wearing a baggy robe that is tattered and ragged. This shadow speaks in whispers. Their hands are skeletons and they are cold to the touch, if you could touch them. He silently waits for his next victim. His breathing send chills down your spine

Other: Male Banshee

Dies by magical weapons and magic.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 09:47 PM
I'll be right back. i have to finish cutting the grass and a few other chores. It will only take a few minutes though.

GraftRaven
11-02-2009, 09:48 PM
I'M TYPING AS FAST AS I CAN!! XD

actually i got stuck on a little writer's block, it'll be up in a few minutes, i promise.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Character Class/Job: Magician

Strengths/Abilities: Water and wind. All though he can use fire and earth as well. His favorite abilities are magic of water and wind. Like him they flow.

I've completed both profiles.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 10:09 PM
@ splicer
Good post. Now let's get this show on the road.

@ Security of Mem
I posted your profiles. You can start posting in the IC now. Let me know if you need any help starting.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Are the heroes in groups in each different kingdom? So you have a hero group of Silmere and you have a hero group of Orondan? And they only travel together? Or is it a large group together?
Are there no groups?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 10:32 PM
There are no groups of heroes yet. They can travel together, but they don't have to. Most of them will travel alone.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
The only thing I see is Tracker would need a prey. And I don't want to stalk my own character. So could I hold off on him till someone says they want to be my victim?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 10:35 PM
You can do an establishing post where he is in an area, but no one is around. Anyone who doesn't want to be tracked can have their character avoid him then.

Welcome back Heirosyth. Don't worry, you haven't missed much since you left this morning. Not in Silmere anyway. This is Security of Mem, our newest member.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
That works. I have like a million things to do. I'll get in a post soon.

Alas PoorYorick
11-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Err...there's a problem.
It won't let me send you the Profile...I exceeded the limit (5000) by nearly 800 words. =/

I'm almost done, I just need to get the Personality working and poof. In the meantime, I need to post it here as I have no working Word Document or recorder. (Not even Notepad...It had a virus.)

~~~

Username: Alas PoorYorick

Name of Character: Lyxander Lyrazel Lisianthius

Nicknames: Sia, Lyre, Alex

Theme Song: A day in my Life - Sia's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2TwEjK_N88)

Kingdom: Though the Darcsen swear to no King, they do gladly pay their tithe to the Kingdom of Silmere, from which their ancestral land is situated in.

Character Class/Job: Troubadour

Strengths/Abilities: Adept in both Lyre and Flute with some experience with a Harmonica, trumpet, guitar and any other musical instrument, Alex, descended from the generation of bards and troubadours who played to nobles before him, was born with the natural gift in regards to song and poem. Though the ways of the Gypsy people may be crude to some degree, Alex's passion is evident in the words he utters, filled to the brim with lyrical prowess that even birds sing to his tune. Well...maybe that last part was a bit exaggerated.

But facing the perils ahead, a Darcsen Gypsy wanders not unarmed. In fact, the Darcsen Gypsy can be viewed as a jack of all trades: he can dish out damage from afar with the mastery of his Sling or bow, dancing across the battlefield weaving through attacks and doubles as the healer with knowledge of Herbal medicine passed down from generation to generation. Where man had learned to make weapons of stones, Darcsen had learned to make weapons of lyric and song.

Their jests provoking sensitive and arrogant enemies towards traps set before them, raising a boisterous ruckus to disrupt the concentration of Rangers and Mages alike, the Darcsen bard is like no other in the sense it embodies the Darcsen people's heritage.

Personality: He's so polite that it even bugs other people. Of course, the nobility doesn't mind this, considering Lyre always tries to humble himself and do every bit of mannerisms to anyone regardless of rank, much to some comedic effect. Other than that, his easy going nature and naivete is something that makes him a bit too gullible. Even though he knows that someone may be tricking him or not, he never loses faith in others, believing that there is always a shred of good in everyone. Which of course makes him the punching bag of jokes around any crowd, of course.

Bio: Born to Naiyu Lyrazel Lisianthius, he felt only the hands of the Elders and his Father caress his cheek upon birth, for the passing of his mother was indeed the most unfortunate event in his father's life. Raised apart from the traditional Darcsen culture, his days were marked learning of Lore from every corner of the world, of heroes and their star crossed lovers, of tragedies that befell the aforementioned warriors of fate. Though, that didn't stop him from spending time with his father, whose lap he sat on during cold winter nights, listening to the sound of his lyre play, the howl of wolves complimenting his skillful play.

From the day he was initiated as an Adolescent to the Darcsen, Alex aspired to travel, as every bard aspires to. Though his father lamented of the dangers before him, a reluctant Alex wandered into the roads less travelled, as must all Bards do: to spend their days alone with nature, to further their affinity with nature. Sleeping under the stars and the shades of trees amidst typhoons, both awe and wonder inspired him to write of lyrics that marvelled at the world before him and of the lost loves that shattered the hearts of Heroes, something both sword and Arrow could not do.

Traveling deep into the country of Silmere, there he won the hearts of the nobles whom he played. He was reputed to have reduced the Duchess of Trent to tears playing a ballad mourning the death of the Hero Averith. As his reputation within the circle of the lesser nobles grew, so did his burning passion for the woman he loved: The Countess Marcella Oslo, a woman he found so alluring that the young bard, usually sharp and attentive, would almost always be caught musing to himself, stopping in the middle of his more romantic pieces simply imagining his hands holding to her own. Winning over her heart with his song and modest personality, it were not the stalwart barrier of heritage that he could not scale. Who was crazy enough to marry off his daughter, a Countess at that, to a man of common rank and a Gypsy?

Deeply heartbroken and offended, Alex pined himself away in the woods, singing songs of broken love that even made trees droop in sadness. However, news about the tournament soon reached the amateur hermit. The promises of glory and the gratitude of a nation was just too much to pass off. Vowing to one day marry his beloved Duchess, Alex set forward to the Arena, on foot to win over the glory of his nation and the love of his Soulmate.

Appearance: One mistake commonly commited by those who do not know Alex is the mistake of hitting on him. Done right and viewed from a specific angle, many would consider the young Gypsy to be more of a flat chested female rather than a male. Yes, wearing earrings is seen as a way of warding away evil spirits in travels. Usually leaving his hair to flow to his chest above the height of 5 foot 9 inches, Alex possesses a feminine touch both in his acrobatic grace and smile. The term "Pett'ankha", or 'Beautiful male' in Elesian (The native language of the Darcsen) best describes him. His eyes, as deep blue as the ocean itself compliments him best with his ever present smile, warmly entertaining his patrons with the gift of song.

Repertoire:
A day in my Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2TwEjK_N88)
Pi'ramma Vera (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JijEx-4w2I&feature=related)
Home Coming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZv3Vw2Hls&feature=related)
The Unthinkable Natural Law (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75I966sBMgI&feature=related)
Casket of the Stars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfS1AA6ZYI&feature=related)
The Path least Trodden (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztHsZoDSge0&feature=related)
Overlooking the Plains of Sheloh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HpY_60Db2I)
Promised Land, Rela Siel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inBzLi6_omY)
Workings of Grace ~ The Goddess of Victory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5FMRpDhhko)
To Fight the Fate that binds ~ Struggle in the Heavens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwMzq0PyCiI)

Note:
+ Pi'ramma Vera is a harvest festival that honors the Earth Mother, dearly adored by the Darcsen.

+ The Plains of Sheloh refers to the Darcsen mythology of the hero Cybele, who overlooked the gorge of the Damned, carving for himself the way against the many demons of Baal'berith to try and rescue his beloved. Unfortunately, the two lovers died side by side.

Eldora
11-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Accepted and posted. Welcome aboard, young bard.

Alas PoorYorick
11-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Thank you very much so, Eldora.
Though, where is the story right now? I wanna jump in, though I can RP by myself for the time being until an opportunity arises.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
Thank you very much so, Eldora.
Though, where is the story right now? I wanna jump in, though I can RP by myself for the time being until an opportunity arises.

Would you like to tag along with Echo?

Eldora
11-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Here's the story for Silmere so far, in a nutshell:

King Cyrus III seems to be dying of old age even though he is far from old, and fears that he will not live until the tournament a year from now. He has no known children, which means he will have to choose an heir. He asked his two closest friends and advisors, Master Sage Mourn and Master Healer Meliore to make the choice for him, but they convinced him against this. Esther one of the healing students, has a nightmare that she believes to be prophetic, and goes Mourn and Meliore, but they are too busy to speak with her about it. Meanwhile, Tsuyako, a boy that Master Mourn saved several years back and has sworn to be his servant to repay him for his kindness, is in the woods hunting a huge bear that Mourn had discovered traces of when he was tending his garden. The bear is no normal bear, but the one I mentioned earlier, with the mind of a human and the ability to heal itself, as well as poison in its claws.

*takes a deep breath*

Tsuyako kills the bear but not before getting scratched by it. He manages to make it back to Silmere castle before collapsing in front of Esther, who does her best to heal him before taking him inside to the Healers' Academy. Sage Mourn draws the rest of the poison out of him with magic and puts him to sleep. Just then Healer Meliore arrives, raves that he is the head healer around here and why didn't anyone bother telling him about this. He takes the poison and invites Esther to his lab to help him inspect the poison to figure out the nature of it. While they are gone, Sage Mourn goes to the dining hall of the castle in hopes of restoring some of the energy he had lost in healing Tsuyako. But he finds that the food has been poisoned, sends someone to go tell Meliore and the others, and runs to the king's chambers to make sure that he wasn't poisoned as well.

*another deep breath*

Menewhile, while Healer Meliore and Esther are experimenting with the poison, they realize that the body of the bear is still out there, and if any of the animals eat it, they could be poisoned too, and so on. They went back to the infirmary and found that Tsuyako had recovered and wanted to help in any way he could. On their way to warn the king, the boy Mourn sent catches up to them and tells them about the whole dining hall being poisoned. Esther takes charge and tells Meliore to go find the king while she and Tsuyako start a triage in the dining hall.

*struggles to catch breath* Now you're completely up to speed.

Edit: Guys, if I forgot anything or left anything out, just let me know.

There you go, Yorick.

Oh yes, one thing I forgot to add. Esther has a crush on Tsuyako. Lol. Not that it's a major point in the story though.

Alas PoorYorick
11-03-2009, 12:01 AM
"I WILL SAVE THIS PATIENT!"
Sorry, just had to make a Trauma Center reference.

In that case, hm. I don't want to be directly linked to the main scene in the kingdom of Silmere...maybe something a little more than that. And I guess I could tag along Echo. It seems to be a great opportunity for character development without trifling with Eldora's plans for Silmere.

Where is your character now, Mem? Not sure how to start off, as he can't just pop out and ask "Can we be frendz plox?".

Security of Mem
11-03-2009, 12:04 AM
"I WILL SAVE THIS PATIENT!"
Sorry, just had to make a Trauma Center reference.

In that case, hm. I don't want to be directly linked to the main scene in the kingdom of Silmere...maybe something a little more than that. And I guess I could tag along Echo. It seems to be a great opportunity for character development without trifling with Eldora's plans for Silmere.

Where is your character now, Mem? Not sure how to start off, as he can't just pop out and ask "Can we be frendz plox?".

lol

I just started myself. Haven't even gotten my latest post. I'm thinking maybe the library of Silmere. If that even exist.

Eldora
11-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Lol.

Mem just got here too, so he hasn't posted yet, I don't believe.

Why don't the two of you start off in a town a ways away from the castle so you won't be effected. Like Port Cyrus to the east of there, perhaps. Just a suggestion. Nothing's been done there yet so you could make it all up as you went.

Edit: There would be a library of Silmere, but it would be in the castle city, and I don't think you want to start there unless you wanted to be victims right off the bat.

Security of Mem
11-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Lol.

Mem just got here too, so he hasn't posted yet, I don't believe.

Why don't the two of you start off in a town a ways away from the castle so you won't be effected. Like Port Cyrus to the east of there, perhaps. Just a suggestion. Nothing's been done there yet so you could make it all up as you went.

Edit: There would be a library of Silmere, but it would be in the castle city, and I don't think you want to start there unless you wanted to be victims right off the bat.

A Port sounds nice.
We could have a go at a Kraken sometime. rofl.

Alas PoorYorick
11-03-2009, 12:58 AM
A Squabbling Bard who speaks in Metaphpors and a silent Thief. Heh. Not a bad combo, lots of room for character development.

Well, I do second being in a village far from the city as it is realistic for Sia to be there since he just came from the wilderness searching for a way there, but...what would an illiterate bard and a poor thief doing in a library? Just suggesting...but...meh.

Security of Mem
11-03-2009, 01:04 AM
A Squabbling Bard who speaks in Metaphpors and a silent Thief. Heh. Not a bad combo, lots of room for character development.

Well, I do second being in a village far from the city as it is realistic for Sia to be there since he just came from the wilderness searching for a way there, but...what would an illiterate bard and a poor thief doing in a library? Just suggesting...but...meh.

Porty Cyrus is our meeting point. Maybe Echo is looking for a river rock and needs your help. Yes Echo is that kind of peculiar.
Also Echo is a magician. Not necessarily a thief.

Alas PoorYorick
11-03-2009, 01:18 AM
River rock...Hm, I was looking over a BGM and I found something relating to water, so I guess he could play that. Added with his peculiar fondness to nature, expect him to be there.

Alright, let me get a post down then.

Security of Mem
11-03-2009, 01:26 AM
River rock...Hm, I was looking over a BGM and I found something relating to water, so I guess he could play that. Added with his peculiar fondness to nature, expect him to be there.

Alright, let me get a post down then.

Okay. This is going to be a weird meeting.

Eldora
11-03-2009, 01:28 AM
*Sits back and observes* This is going to be interesting...

Security of Mem
11-03-2009, 01:57 AM
Searching for a river rock. The most important journey ever.

katosu
11-03-2009, 04:47 AM
<- dead. Not even normal dead, I'm talking "Spell it d.o.d." dead. ):

Eldora
11-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Why, what's happened?

katosu
11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Nothing bad, just trying out a new workout. xD It's amazing what a difference a cardio-heavy workout is like when compared to weighted workouts.

Eldora
11-03-2009, 12:05 PM
lol

I need to work out more myself, but for now my workout consists of an hour of grass-cutting every day, at least when it's not raining. I have a very hilly yard with lots of obstacles, so it's really good for my arm strength. I need to start hiking again, but haven't found the time for it yet. I'm badly out of shape though, so I need it.

Alas PoorYorick
11-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Hm. i usually bike around 3-4 blocks twice a day to get to places, 3 times If I have to really get to work via bike. But yes, my Upper body strength is totally lacking...Not enough money for weights either, saving up monies =/

Just in advance:

Are there any restriction upon playing as characters based on Nobility?

Is there a branch for being able to use the Souls of others as an ability, sort of Magic? I was thinking that later on after gaining his friend Bear, he would be able to use Magic to play sounds otherwise unable to be attained, through being one with his ancestors. The Darcsen have a higher rank of troubadours known as 'DreamWeavers' , those who use the Magic of their souls to weave emotions through beautiful songs that inspire Courage to the Cowardly or fear to the most stalwart.

Eldora
11-03-2009, 06:18 PM
No, there isn't so long as you ask first, and I'm taking that as an ask.

Not the souls of others, that would fall under necromancy, which is off-limits to heroes, at least at this point. Now using your own sould to influence others, that could be done.

To be sure, though, that would be an advanced technique, and I don't believe your character is there yet.

katosu
11-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Which areas actually need antagonists?

EDIT: I ask this because we seem pretty evenly spread between Ore and Silm <_<

Alas PoorYorick
11-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I took the idea from the first time I heard 'Soul music'. So tadah, the idea of Dreamweavers (Taken from Mac's application) was born. But I thought it was a bit overpowered since it persuades others to feel a certain emotion (Which can be classified as Powerplaying) so I decided to usually leave the effects up to the player to decide whether it affects them or not.

Yes, it's the final rite of most Darcsen Troubadours. It has a 'test of faith' where the Bard must choose to either surrender their most powerful desire to attain Music that was said to have moved the Gods to either praise or insanity. Now, the question is, would Alex gladly give up not only his soul but also his Love for Marcella? The curse of a Dreamweaver is that they can no longer feel. They lose their emotions and become utterly apathetic, most are driven mad trying to once more regain their ability to love. His father was a Dreamweaver, and it actually hurt him to try and love his son. He would shed tears of blood at night from the agony of trying to love him.

But the bear comes first. What a better addition to the team than a Bear who can dance and is cowardly.

Eldora
11-03-2009, 06:48 PM
@katosu

Silmere is in enough turmoil at the moment, so I'd go with Oronaro or Taurendell. It's up to you though.

@Yorick

Hmm.. Yet another twist from your character to look forward to, and it has some irony in it as well. My, but we do have an unusual cast for this game! Well, you have my blessing. =)

Alas PoorYorick
11-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Thank you for the compliment.
Though, I may ask, are you in need of a Villain?

Eldora
11-03-2009, 08:12 PM
Always, always in need of villains. Each one makes things more interesting and thickens the plot that much more. If you have an idea for one, go ahead. I'm listening.

Alas PoorYorick
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, I was thinking that this one would work for some Big Bad Villain in the story to minimalize any attempts to derail the way you want your RP to go.

Well, he was a person who formerly tried to research the true nature of Magic beyond simple explanations. In an accident however, his body was completely incinerated, leaving only an ethereal form of his former self. He now inhibits a suit of Armor, using that physical form to prevent his now ethreal form from dissipating. He has renewed prowess of Magic, able to better harness Mana in his current form. Right now he's on a journey to reclaim his memories, as in the incident he has lost all semblance of his original memories.

Eldora
11-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Interesting character concept. If I may ask though, if he has lost his memories, what is his motivation for being an antagonist? Or is that something to be revealed later?

Alas PoorYorick
11-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Well, I was thinking he follows them out of his ideal. Since he is a literal 'Blank Slate', he falls for the first ideology anyone tells him about. And then fate was a total prick to let a Villain cross his way.

His weapon is The Scalar Mace. It resembles a rattle, from which a red and a blue orb orbits around the staff itself. The Scalar Mace is the only weapon he can use in his Ethereal Form. In battle, it assimilates the knowledge of those it makes impact on, allowing him to copy the memories of his opponents. In turn, casting magic forces him to destroy memories, thus it serves as a way of sustaining his casting abilities.

Though he doesn't eat, he needs knowledge to continue on existing. Otherwise, he will just dissipate into thin air. This is why he is almost always seen reading a book or doing research.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Fascinating. Well, you do come up with some orriginal characters, I'll give you that. Sure, why not?

spirits breath
11-04-2009, 12:52 AM
hope it isnt too late. havent yet gone through the IC or half of the ooc yet. working on it, and have to check if my idea will work. so I could have a chara up tom. if I could.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 12:57 AM
You are very welcome, and no, it's not too late. You only really need to know the info on the first two posts here, and if it would help, I could give you a summary of events in your chosen kingdom so far to get you up to speed.

spirits breath
11-04-2009, 01:23 AM
if you have nothing else to do, but right now I am going to the IC. and it could help a bit with character creation

Eldora
11-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Ok. PM me when you're ready to talk about profiles.

spirits breath
11-04-2009, 01:46 AM
alright, gotta figure that out next. so much different than last site. gotta make a list of who is who. lots to read.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 01:55 AM
It's only been a day in game-time. Even though so much has happened, things haven't even begun to heat up yet. So take your time, no need to rush.

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Alright E, I posted in, it was pretty easy of what came to mind, but I need your opinion if it's good or not.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 02:02 AM
Edit: Who killed the guards? Kar'Athul hasn't had the time to. Do we need a new antagonist here, maybe another monster?

GraftRaven
11-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Evangeline/Shani is on a horse, from 2 pages ago i think xD

i thought i would give her something to post about ^_^

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 02:17 AM
I didn't bother reading those post, I was a little too busy to read them. Have any those two posted yet???

Oh yeah Splicer, are you still posting in lockdown??? I checked if it was still there and looks like we're a couple members short to post.

GraftRaven
11-04-2009, 02:19 AM
ooh... yeah, i'm kinda forgetful of that... and we are a few members short... (figures i can't run my own RP) perhaps i'll just save it for later? i really don't know right now, i'm kinda tired...

[/offtopicness]

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Well anyways If.....who was it playing at Kar'Athul again?

Eldora
11-04-2009, 02:42 AM
@ Splicer

Right, right. I forgot...

@Hell Knight

splicer

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Oh well, I'll post mine after Splicer, I have to get to class before they leave lol, I forgot to check XD

Eldora
11-04-2009, 04:01 AM
'Night guys. See you tomorrow.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Right now I'm waiting on input from Heirosyth in Silmere and Splicer in Taurendell. After I asked my question about the dead guards, I realized that it made no sense for Kar'Athul to have killed them before Shadow showed up. The skeletons were old for one thing, and for another Kar'Athul didn't have the time. So, the new question is, are the dead guards Hell Knight mentioned Kar'Athuls doing at all? If not, do we need a new antagonist here?

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 05:50 PM
So I should re-write my post then???

Eldora
11-04-2009, 05:53 PM
It depends. Did you mean that he stumbled upon the skeletons Shadow was fighting, or the bodies of the guards that went into the forest to find Kar'Athul? That's what I was trying to work out, because it can't be both.

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Guards that were killed by Kar'Athul or they were killed by something Kar'Athul summoned, who knows?? all I know is they were killed by Kar'Athul.

Not trying to blame you Splice. XD

Eldora
11-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Could you change it to skeletons? I know I'm sounding a little OCD here, but I'm just trying to keep everything straight. There were five of them and it fits the situation best. They are bodies, anyhow, and they would have been wearing some armor so they would have looked like the guards. That means the prints he'd be following would be Shadows, leading him to believe that he murdered the guards, even though the real guards are still alive.

Is all of that ok with you?

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll see what I can do. Since you asked politely lol. :D

Eldora
11-04-2009, 06:15 PM
Thank you very much. That will do nicely. =)

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Oh I'm guessing you already check'd out my post huh? lol.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I'm quick like that.

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Should I post after you did? or do I have to wait???

Eldora
11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Sure, go ahead and post.

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Ah did. lol.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 07:13 PM
So did ah. Lol

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I made another post ah.

mcstringer
11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I think I am bowing out, Because I never post on here. Unless you think it is a good idea to keep me and my character in the Rp, otherwise kill it gruesomely as possible.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh won't you stay? Pleeeeeese? We need you! You're the whole reason I got Oronaro going again! Well, I might as well just blast the kingdom to bits if you leave... *sniffle*

Ok, I'm not that drastic. You can leave if you want to, but I would prefer if you stayed.

katosu
11-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Can I push the nuke button if we do? <_<

Eldora
11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Sure. =P

spirits breath
11-04-2009, 08:12 PM
ok, I am confused like a idiot headbutting a landmine.

Like four pages ago someone said something antagonising(which I can be an antagonist, haven't read all of the stuff. far too much loading on a psp for last night) they said something like involving a beast, yet we have to be human? I might be confusing myself, but I might be missing a big portion. Well I will continue cycling through this and figure what it was talking about.

I am not big on the quote sytem.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Heros can only be human. Period.

Antagonists can be human, monster, or hybrid - though I haven't really introduced the hybrids yet so it's best to stay away from that type for now.

Neutrals can be anything really so long as they're - well - neutral.

Does that help at all?

GraftRaven
11-04-2009, 08:30 PM
ahh, the beast would be either Kar'Athul or the bear, depending on who said it. and only heroes have to be human.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 08:45 PM
/\ What he said.

The bear was in Silmere, Kar'Athul is in Taurendell

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Posted ah!!!!!!!!!! lol, some reason I love saying that

Posted ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I brought my cap ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eldora
11-04-2009, 10:00 PM
lol. I posted right back ah....

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Ha ah I posted ah!!!!!!!

now give me something good ah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord yes ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, kidding, I'll only say that when ever I'm done with a post.

Eldora
11-04-2009, 10:34 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm done. That was a post, btw.

MidKnight
11-04-2009, 10:52 PM
PFT PFT PFT PFT PFT PFT PFT PFT

mesa posteda.

spirits breath
11-04-2009, 11:26 PM
hope you guys don't mind a cannibal. just made him earlier. And not sure much with powers and such. You'll read.

Name of Character: Stith Kotentsai

Kingdom: Coil Island

Character Class/Job: Monk, Runs a small diamond farm. (He forces people to mine the precious metals and cuts there heels so they can't run away.)

Strengths/Abilities: Uses lightning in junction with his attacks to paralize foes. Has extensive knowledge of nerves, and pressure points. (gotta think of a few more. now what to suit a guy who wants to torture people.)

Personality: A guy with little compassion to those he deems lower than himself. Views a quick death as mercy, but that isn't his game. Could be "nice" but it is more for getting into other places. And he accepts bribes and is a man of his word.

Bio: A childhood he isn't proud of, but has formed him nervertheless. His dad, a greedy old man. He wanted nothing but to gather up his little stones and sell them. He was a man with an iron fist, anyone even thought about taking a fragment of a diamond and he would cut there fingers in half(horizontaly) As Stith gained some strength, which originated from his own father beating him in a drunken rage almost three times a week. His mother didn't do anything to help him, she just stood in the corner covering her chest.

Stith saw his dad with some of his workers, one of them strapped down, and would never forget that day. His fathers knife sliced into the mans heel, and Stith ran away to the little diamond farm. He had to run away, too many men with the same mark on there ankle, whips cracking at there backs.

~~~~Some time in the future~~~~
Stith wandered back into the temple. A place he was still embaressed to go to. He fled home one night after his father lost one of his gems and was tearing up the house. For his luck, for a change in his life, the monks were the ones who prayed ten times a day. They defended themselves with there own bodies as the weapon. A neat trick they knew was the nervous system. Stick hard and fast and something goes numb, a beutiful concept. The hard part was to use it on animals. To eat them, he had to be heartless to them. He had to become his father, and did he ever want to kill his father.

His first test, to kill a dog. Defensless and a harmless dog. It hung out by the temple, that was its end. A few hits, and a knife along its underside to drain the organs and blood.

(time to be a bit lazy here sorry about this.)
The monks after seven years had one last thing to teach Stith, channeling the electricity from the brain and heart into a strike. Not nearly enough to kill on impact, just to jolt the body a bit. Used in junction with pressure points and nerves, you can immobalize as it over pressurizes the nerves in the spine.

Then he had to kill a bear. One of them would win other be eaten. They have said human flesh was sweet in comparison to other animals.

Eating human flesh was his downturn, his fathers was filled with who knows what kind of drugs and Stith just had a craving for human flesh.

Appearance: Pale skined with emerald eyes. Average nose, with a full moustash that is in the five oclock shadow state. He wears a red robe with some splotches of deeper red than usual. His body is lean, with a few ribs showing from fasting. His hands are wretched, and usualy in a half fist. A thin metal gauntles is over most of his forearm and covers his fingers. The gauntles is black with a golden ecription of an eagle on them, with the talons reaching over to semi-clawed fingers from the gauntlets. A black belt is draped along his waist, with a coin pouch a dagger, and a diamond that when held to the sun shows his temple.
He has a shaved head with a hood mainly over his head, protecting his pale skin. He has mockasins with a small metal plate on the end that cups his toes. On his back is another gold embroidered temple, with a dagger at the pathway.
Other: Stith is sort of a cannibal, and a heavy carnivore. The best time to talk to him about matters is after he prays, and seems in a good mood. He doesn't have a great poker face. He keeps his word.

mcstringer
11-05-2009, 01:17 AM
If you guys want a break, I think I can post something for Oronaro. Course I'll have to go back a few hunderd pages to find out what I posted before,(freaks) but ya, I can.

Eldora
11-05-2009, 03:19 AM
@Excalibur

No biggie, it's just a couple dozen pages really. Lol.

@ Spirits

So sorry I forgot to post your profile to the Profile Thread. I'll do that now.

mcstringer
11-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Ok ok I'll stay (grumble)

Has anything happened in Oronaro since my last post, or anything significant that will effect Oronaro?

Cool I can add to people's Rep!

@Spirits: Ya know that the Achilles tendon is at the back of the heel, right?

Eldora
11-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Check out the first and second sections on post 158 of the IC.

That's the only thing thst'a heppened since your last post, and I think only the second is relevant to your character.

spirits breath
11-05-2009, 11:37 AM
yup, tried to shorten bio a bit, and I cant open a spoiler now. but it saved a bit of time and another spelling error.

Eldora
11-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Strange. I would have thought the spoiler problem would have been fixed with the new site. Anyhow, you can start posting now if you like.

spirits breath
11-05-2009, 11:44 AM
well I am on my psp, cant do that all. double spoilers dont work. and I find it odd to have somebody reply early in the morning.

Eldora
11-05-2009, 11:58 AM
One more thing I didn't realize a PSP could do. XD

If you think it's odd, you don't know me then. I have a lot of time on my hands.

GraftRaven
11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
as far as i can tell the spoilers work fine... what's happening wrong with yours?

and i didn't know PSPs could do internet either ._.

spirits breath
11-05-2009, 07:30 PM
on computers they work perfectly. except a spoiler within a spoiler, but I understand that.

the loading takes a little while and when only five or ten posts per page doesn't seem to work out. then then there is 16 pages, well that is a lot of things to read and load. Then with you all, I could read a couple pages and then wonder when did the other five pop up.
Its all good now, gotta see about posing in the IC. got work later so I won't be on really to reply anything IC wise.

Eldora
11-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Are you going to post a hero, Spirits? You don't have to, but we could always use an extra hero around.

Alas PoorYorick
11-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Is Security of Mem back?
I await a Post in reply to mine.

Or, I could always alter the Posts and start anew with him if he dropped out...

Security of Mem
11-06-2009, 04:26 PM
I didn't drop. Sorry sorry sorry. I didn't think I'd be crazy busy. But I was crazy busy. I had a lot of homework this week.
Thank goodness it is Friday and I'm not going to be strangled by the mounds of paper doom.
They try to kill me here at college. I'll get a post as soon as I can. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience. And I hope you waited for me.

Sorry to everybody else too.

Sorry Eldora.

Eldora
11-06-2009, 05:13 PM
No need to apologize. There's always the real world to consider. Stuff always happens when we least expect it to. The important thing is your studies, so make sure you keep up with them.

Speaking of which, I won't be here next weekend. I hope that Insanity will be back by then, but if he isn't I'll trust you guys not to blow anything up while I'm away. =P

Security of Mem
11-06-2009, 05:26 PM
*puts down grenade launcher* But blowing up stuff is so fun.

Eldora
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
*wags a finger at Mem* Now now, you know you need proper adult supervision when blowing up imaginary realms. And we don't have any "proper adults" around here, so you'll just have to wait.

Security of Mem
11-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm not a proper adult....*thinks for a second*

Heirosyth
11-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Katosu, excellent post. I'll be getting to a reply by Sunday at latest. (Tomorrow I"m going to be away all day, so if I don't get it in tonight, it'll be Sunday)

Eldora
11-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Spirits breath, where is your character? I thought he was starting on Coil Island. If so, what is he doing in Taurendell forest? He would have to be there in order to hear the panther, unless it's a different animal entirely and it's just a coincidence.

spirits breath
11-07-2009, 12:32 AM
to be honest, I figured the coil island was somewhat river related to the forest. said that my guy was on a boat for a few hours. Transported. But with the animal thing, yea it is the same thing. figured I had to give some reason to hate you all :) mainly it is for background stuff and length. Ignore me if you wish, I kinda did it as something to do.

And I figured out the beast. I couldn't decipher if it was a panther, and if you did say stuff to describe it, then I feel dumb. But yea, the coil island thing was starting as in my character background sort of thing, not like I won't go back. Got a diamond empire to smuggle from and people to eat. Though it is a delacacy, not the only food my guy eats so it is every so often.

MidKnight
11-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Now I'm caught at a disadvantage here lol, sure it looks easy to post, but I gotta be delicate of my posting.

Eldora
11-07-2009, 07:03 AM
@ Hell Knight

Yeah, I realize that it wasn't very smart for Shadow to reveal himself. But on the other hand, he is defending Tauroneo, which is part of his mission. And as far as he knows, they are alone in the forest. Or at least, he is too preocupied now to notice anyone else.

@ Spirits Breath

That's no problem, I just wanted to clarify it. Coil Island is closest to Oronaro, and out in the sea. However, there isn't any problem with him being in Taurendell, as long as you can think of a reason for him being there. And no, I decided it would be a panther - Hell Knight wasn't exactly giving me any hints. =P

MidKnight
11-07-2009, 08:10 AM
So in other words, Shadow owes Tauroneo a life debt??? okay I think I get it now. lol, sounds like something from Star Wars: The old Republic.

Eldora
11-07-2009, 02:09 PM
This announcement is for everyone so listen up:

We're about to step over a threshhold here, and I want to be sure that everyone is on the same page. We haven't talked philosophy or religion very much so far in this roleplay, but if we go any farther I don't see how it can be avoided, especially in light of your last post Hell Knight. No, I don't want you to change it, but I want to make this very clear.

This is a game. We all know that. But I'm going to be voicing some of my personal beliefs. I don't want anyone to take me for a hypocrite, though. I want to make the playing field level. Anyone who wishes to do the same is allowed to, from here on out. If you're not comfortable with that, you are welcome to bow out and for my part I will not hold it against you.

Mem, I want to make this clear to you. Remember what I said about spells. That still holds. But if you want to discuss your beliefs, either in this roleplay or with me personally, feel free to do so. Personally I'm curious about what you believe and would like to open up converation with you on that subject, but privately and only if you are comfortable with it.

The same goes for everyone here.

katosu
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
So in other words, Shadow owes Tauroneo a life debt??? okay I think I get it now. lol, sounds like something from Star Wars: The old Republic.

I approve this message on the grounds that SW:TOR will be awesome. <_<

Alas PoorYorick
11-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Username: Alas PoorYorick

Name of Character: Father Andrew Roanoake

Theme Song: Rise Against - Andrew's Theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4CNXKTuF8g&fmt=18)

Character Class/Job: Priest-Alchemist

Strengths/Abilities: One thing that attributes best to Andrew is his unpredictability. His Healing potions can cause massive explosions that could level Buildings and leave massive craters on the ground, but at the same time could heal his Target. His unpredictability makes it hard to simply map a strategy to defeat Andrew, as his expertise in healing and Explosives can be executed at any range. Surprisingly, he has a resistance to Fire, Poison, Explosions and the other horrible side effects from years of enduring them with his 'Special Brews'. When all else fails, his trusty Spade paves the way forward, his somewhat unskilled yet unpredictable moves with the Spade rendering many opponents clueless when the next Spade strike or explosion would occur.

Personality: At first impression, Father Andrew always deceives everyone around him: his friendly smile masking his foul mouth, his pearly white hair hiding a mind delved in malicious thoughts. Despite having a well-built frame, his lethargy and procrastination destroy any hopes of a life where his faith was actively practiced.

If one thought his looks where deceiving, then his clothes would be no different: wearing the standard gold-trimmed white and brown robes of a High Priest, once his mouth opens it is easy to tell that his garb was all for show. Holding a Spade over his shoulder on the left and a half-downed bottle of liquor on the right, most people question his wisdom and overall authority when it comes to preaching. At his side lay a pouch of a plethora of his Home brewed medicine, from Healing Potions to Acid bottles that corrode even the strongest of iron.

With his distasteful remarks and sarcastic attitude, it is hard to dig deeper into his heart, much like trying to scrape away at an iron barrier with a wooden spoon. His hypocritical and arrogant nature sticks out to most people whom regard him as an elitist and a sexist. In fact, anything that ends with a suffix "-ist" describes him best.

However, if one should persevere and endure his hypocrisy, one thing would most likely stick out: his undying devotion to the sick, his compassion and kindness towards children. It is well known that he dislikes the current state of the church and its recent state of affairs: how they would dismiss claims of indulgences some clergy members enjoy while the poor suffer with what little they have and still continue to give. Despite his sound reasoning, the loathing and punishment he received by challenging the Clergy caused him to develop a spiteful attitude and mistrust to everyone in general, particularly towards fellow Priests.

Bio:

Appearance: Tall, elegant and somewhat poised, the fine gentlemen-like stature of Andrew Roanoake displays a form of prestige that were present in many nobles. However, the good descriptions end here. Mostly slouching, hobbling and staggering from many drinks, it is safe to say that all the drinking he has had did take it's toll on him. But if there was anything his snow-white hair and Chestnut brown eyes could express, it would be his unabiding compassion to all living things...and the desire for Alcohol.

Alchemy Series:

Healing Potion I:
Chance to Heal the Target (Minor)
Chance to do Nothing
Chance to Stun the Target
Chance to Poison
Chance to Explode

Healing Potion II:
Chance to Heal the Target (Minor)
Chance to Heal the Target (Moderate)
Chance to Heal the Target (High)
Chance of granting temporary Invulnerability
Chance of rendering the person Invisible
Chance to Poison
Chance to cause Paralysis
Chance to Do Heavy damage
Chance to do Nothing
Chance to Violently Explode
Chance to do 2 of the above effects

Vulnary:
Chance to Cure Poison
Chance to Cure Sickness
Chance to Remove Debuffs
Chance to cause temporary Invulnerability
Chance to render the Target invisible
Chance to Cause Poison
Chance to Cause Sickness
Chance to increase Susceptibility to Debuffs
Chance to do Nothing
Chance to set the Target on Fire
Chance to set an area around the Target on fire
Chance to do 2 of the above effects

Acid Terror:
Has a chance to Damage the Enemy (Low)
Has a chance to Damage the Enemy (Moderate)
Has a chance to corrode enemy Armor (Low)
Has a chance to corrode enemy Armor (High)
Has a chance of Healing the enemy (High)
Has a chance of Curing Status Ailements
Has a chance of Fortifying Enemy Armor
Has a chance of granting Invulnerability for awhile
Has a chance of Fixing Enemy Armor
Has a chance to Explode Violently
Chance to do 2 of the Above effects

Bomb Vial:
Chance to be a Dud
Chance to Explode Weakly
Chance to Explode
Chance to Explode violently
Chance to Damage Player Armor
Chance to Destroy Generic enemy Armor
Chance to Blind the Enemy
Chance to Explode on Mid Flight
Chance to Explode violently on Mid Flight
Chance to remain Dormant and explode Weakly
Chance to remain Dormant and explode
Chance to remain Dormant and explode Violently
Chance to do 2 separate Explosions

Create Alchemic Tool:
Has a Chance to create the desired Product
Has a chance to create a Random product
Has a chance to Explode Violently
Has a chance to set the Creator on Fire
Has a chance to set an area around the Creator on Fire
Has a Chance to do nothing

(( Same problem: Too much Words (5970) out of the allowed value (5500). Will finish it later. Also, a portion of his Personality shows his Appearance also. The stun effect comes from the Glass shattering on your head, which is where he throws the Bottles of his concoction towards his targets when they are far away from his reach. ))

MidKnight
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I approve this message on the grounds that SW:TOR will be awesome. <_<

Actually Knights of the old Republic is a good game, made for originally Xbox, I don't know if they have it for 360 yet. So far they have "Knights of the old republic." and "Knights of the old republic 2: The Sith Lords."

Here's a link of your still interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II

Now back to the RP topic.

katosu
11-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Actually Knights of the old Republic is a good game, made for originally Xbox, I don't know if they have it for 360 yet. So far they have "Knights of the old republic." and "Knights of the old republic 2: The Sith Lords."

Here's a link of your still interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II

Now back to the RP topic.

I know this. I assumed you were talking about the MMO on the grounds that you left out the word "Knights" in The Old Republic. <_<

I still remember my Dark-side Jedi tearing stuff up. You save all your levels for when you become a jedi, then dump them into your Force Lightning. It was -so- broken. One shotted everything. XD

MidKnight
11-08-2009, 01:49 AM
LOL I've noticed that myself when I posted, I was half tired. Been up all night. As usual.

katosu
11-08-2009, 02:14 AM
LOL I've noticed that myself when I posted, I was half tired. Been up all night. As usual.

Ho? College work hit you hard as well? Or just the work life?

spirits breath
11-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Wow, I feel left out. I am a senior in high school. But I am in college classes if it counts.
must be a pain to get a ton of work, and not to mention working for money on top of it. Not a great combination.

I already am annoyed with school, but senioritis, and realizing that out of the 6.5 credits I have to take I only get 2.5. it would be 1.5 but I took AP bio so they count it in. Sad thing is, the classes I don't need, affects my grades, and I feel like the biggest idiot for taking macro economica and AP PIG. Makes you wonder why rps allow you to kill things, describe them, then wait for the aftermath from other posts. Stress releivers yea!

katosu
11-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Wow, I feel left out. I am a senior in high school. But I am in college classes if it counts.
must be a pain to get a ton of work, and not to mention working for money on top of it. Not a great combination.

I already am annoyed with school, but senioritis, and realizing that out of the 6.5 credits I have to take I only get 2.5. it would be 1.5 but I took AP bio so they count it in. Sad thing is, the classes I don't need, affects my grades, and I feel like the biggest idiot for taking macro economica and AP PIG. Makes you wonder why rps allow you to kill things, describe them, then wait for the aftermath from other posts. Stress releivers yea!

I don't even know if he's a college student, I just know he sounds as busy as I am. lol.

Tuesday/Thursdays:
Wake up at 12:00, get to class by 1:00, kickboxing at 3:00, food and break from 4:00-6:00, bio and lab until 9:00. Get home around 9: 30, Insanity with my friend from 9: 30-10: 30, and to bed by 12:00. <_<

Every other weekday is easier, I work at the pharmacy 1:00-9:00. <_<

Alas PoorYorick
11-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Likewise, a question for the sake of my character Andrew: Any openings and/or oppertunities for him to jump into the Roleplay?

Also, out of my obsession to never leave things incomplete, is the Story fragment given via PMs to you Eldora, acceptable at most? Didn't want to compromise your Storyline for my own whims, please do respond if possible.

Eldora
11-10-2009, 02:06 AM
Just jump right in wherever you feel comfortable, and if you don't like any of the currently active places, feel free to make up a town or other area. And no, I don't think it will compromise the story in any way. Though at first it doesn't sound like something the king would do, considering the circumstances I don't see how he would have had any choice.

Eldora
11-10-2009, 05:28 PM
It's pretty clear by now that Jesse isn't coming back, and if he is, I don't want to hold back waiting for him. Does anyone want his character?

Eldora
11-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I'll let the question of what to do with Darsis stand. I don't like killing off anyone else's character if I don't have to.

Just a reminder to everyone - I won't be here this weekend, and I'm going to be pretty busy tomorrow preparing, so I might not be on. Since Insanity's not back yet, I'm giving over control to Heirosyth until I get back. I'm leaving behind some pointers for all of you though.

For those with characters in Silmere - There's another big twist heading your way. I won't give anything away just yet though. You'll have to see for yourselves.

For those with characters in Taurendell - The king's funeral will be "tomorrow" in game time. Whether you want to go that far is up to you guys. Oh and Splicer and Shani, it's about time to get the princess home. I'm sure the queen will have some way of rewarding whoever brings her back. Hint, hint...

For those with characters in Oronaro - Sorry I haven't been paying much attention to you guys, but I will. We will need more characters in that area very soon. Things are going to get hot over there quickly. No pun intended.

Also, I have a good friend of mine who's thinking of joining. If she comes while I'm gone, try to be nice and not scare her off, ok guys? She'll be a newbie at RPA, but I'm counting on you guys to show her the ropes. No, Splicer, not those ropes...

Alas PoorYorick
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
This character...do you have a sort of link for it?
I've never 'Adopted' an abandoned character so to speak, but...I just want to see.

Is this character of any importance to the plot or just an average 'Mook' ?

Eldora
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Name of Character: Darsis Windblade

Kingdom: Taurendell

Character Class/Job: Fighter (Dervish?)

Strengths/Abilities: Darsis's fighting style is more about dancing out of the way and striking while his opponents off balance. Typically, a foe will fall in one move as their first strike leaves them open. He rarely uses both his swords however.

When necessary, he opens his left eye, with belonged to that of a demon, Zalnae, he killed. This demon is slowly consuming him. His entire Left arm has been consumed already, though it only awakens when his left eye is open. This is why he usually has that eye closed. When Zalnae's powers are active, the arm becomes incased what appears to be wicked looking armor, that can block all but the most powerful blows with ease. It alse gives that arm considerable strength as well.

However he cannot use this effect for too long, or Zalnae will consume more of his body. Thus he only uses this as a last restort.

Personality: He is very thorough in his thought process. He thinks of things through pros and cons most of the time, rarely acting on emotions alone. He often seems very cold and distant from others around him, but in fact he is very caring for those close to him. He also has a strong sense of justice, which comes from growing up alone most of his life. However his father, who had been a knight of Taurendell, had taught him the meaning of honor and knighthood. So even though he isn't a knight by profession, he often carries himself as one.

Bio: Born and raised in a small part of the outskirts of Taurendell. When he was five or so, the town was attacked by rebels as they made their way towards the center of the city. One of the rebels, Kaln, found him amongs the corpses of his parents, trying to wake them up. Kaln took him back to the rebel camp and took him in. Darsis, like Kaln, lost his family due to conflict.

Kaln used to be a knight until he was betrayed by his collegues. Darsis was often told that there is no one you should fight for, only those you are willing to protect. He held this ideal close to him as he matured.After Kaln died, Darsis aided in the Rebel group, looking for some purpose to his life. However, once the rebels were wiped out, he became a mercenary for hire for the Taurendell miltary. Even now he fights to find some purpose for living.

Appearance: Darsis is always wears a cloak around his body, only taking it off in a serious fight. Only his right eye, which is colored a deep blue, remains open. His left eye is constantly shut, even though it is able to be opened and works fine. Three jagged white scars run across his left eyelid, adding to why many people tend to avoid him. His jet back hair is combed back, typically covered with the hood of his cloak when he passes through a new town. His left arm is always competely bandaged while being concealed in his cloak. His right arm hangs ourside the cloak, since its wrapped around his body to conceal everything but his right arm. If not for the cloak's veil, you could see two katanas hanging from his waist.

The situation now is that he's unconscious in Taurendell at Tauroneo's cabin in the Western Woods with a cut across his stomach. He almost died in the fight with Kar'Athul, but Shadow saved him and Tauroneo took them in so that his friend could take a look at him. It will be really easy now to kill the character off now, but I wanted to make sure no one wanted to take it over first. The character belonged to Jesse6991, but he hasn't so much as logged on since the move.

As to whether or not he's of any importance to the plot - yes, of course! Every character is important to the plot. You don't think I've thought all this stuff up by myself, do you? Aside from the basic background and a skeleton plot, everything so far has been you guys. Every character makes a difference and makes the story more in-depth. That's why I don't like killing any off if I can help it.

Eldora
11-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I have updated the member profile list. Go directly to page two for the updated and sorted lists.

Hell Knight, going through the Profile Topic I realized I can't find Tauroneo's profile anywhere. Would you mind reposting it here, please?

Heirosyth
11-14-2009, 02:37 AM
Katosu, I appreciate the nod, and I will try to respond tomorrow. Meliore will be in rush to go to the King. He will speak with you as he goes.

Edited to add: Response will either today or Sunday at latest. I give you my word.

katosu
11-15-2009, 03:25 AM
Katosu, I appreciate the nod, and I will try to respond tomorrow. Meliore will be in rush to go to the King. He will speak with you as he goes.

Edited to add: Response will either today or Sunday at latest. I give you my word.

I look forward to it. :3 And take your time - I've been pretty busy this week, too, and will be busy until Tuesday night when I can get left... 4 dead. <.<

Eldora
11-16-2009, 04:25 AM
DECOLORES!!! I'm back from my Emmaus Walk! It was wonderful - likely the best time I have ever had. I have never felt so refreshed or alive in my life. It's very difficult to explain though... Ask me via PM if you want details, but I won't give them here.

I've just finished reading your posts. Heirosyth - masterful work! I love how Meliore was clever enough to see to it that Sage Mourn will be free to go with Tsuyako by suggesting that he be interrogated first. At first I didn't know where you were going with that, the way he seemed to cast blame on Aviel Mourn, but I understood when I reread it. A few things though, first, it's "Lady Esther". Eldora is my name, silly. =P Secondly, I would have handled the scene with Tsuyako and the king a bit more delicately... But still, I can work with that.

Ok, since no one is claiming Darsis, I'm going to officially kill him off soon. Hell Knight, keep that in mind, since I might be relying on your character.

Alas PoorYorick
11-16-2009, 04:56 AM
Alas, I have yet to wait for Mem once again... =(
Though, I am at a loss of words for how Andrew is to start...don't count him out, I'm sure I can get what little neurons in my mind to work again.

Good to hear that you had some enjoyment and refreshment in your Real Life event.

Heirosyth
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
DECOLORES!!! I'm back from my Emmaus Walk! It was wonderful - likely the best time I have ever had. I have never felt so refreshed or alive in my life. It's very difficult to explain though... Ask me via PM if you want details, but I won't give them here.

I've just finished reading your posts. Heirosyth - masterful work! I love how Meliore was clever enough to see to it that Sage Mourn will be free to go with Tsuyako by suggesting that he be interrogated first. At first I didn't know where you were going with that, the way he seemed to cast blame on Aviel Mourn, but I understood when I reread it. A few things though, first, it's "Lady Esther". Eldora is my name, silly. =P Secondly, I would have handled the scene with Tsuyako and the king a bit more delicately... But still, I can work with that.

Ok, since no one is claiming Darsis, I'm going to officially kill him off soon. Hell Knight, keep that in mind, since I might be relying on your character.

Correction made!

I'm glad you approve.

Eldora
11-17-2009, 12:58 AM
Ok, thanks.

I'm going edit my last post to take it a bit farther.

Edit: Alright, I'm done with that. You can continue posting now.

MidKnight
11-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I just read your post, I'll find Tauroneo's sheet detail.

Eldora
11-18-2009, 02:21 PM
I decided that it would be a good idea to devote a CP to "Agatha/Merula". Given the unique situation with her, she is both a neutral and an antagonist. I will have primary control of her, but if you want to control her during your own posts, you may as long as you ask permission first.

Username: Eldora (unless I give permission otherwise)

Name of Character: Agatha/Merula
Age:Agatha herself is in her eighties, though because of her magic and Merula's influence she looks closer to twenty.
Type of Character: Neutral/Antagonist
Character Class/Job: Interrogator of Magi

Strengths/Abilities: It depends upon who has control of Agatha's body. Agatha herself was trained in the healing arts, but was never able to complete that training. In addition, she has the unique abilities of being able to descern the truth and only being able to speak the truth. The demoness Merula however is a cunning sorceress who can use her magic without uttering a word. She has an increadible power of persuation as well. While they are in the same body, what effects one effects the other as well, and one is always aware of what the other is doing, but not necessarily what the other is thinking.

Merula takes over Agatha's body whenever she leaves the Room of Questioning or the mysterious monks stop their chant, which they must eventually. The monks in the room are heavily armored under their robes, and their ears are blocked with wax whenever they are in the room, more for their own protection from Merula than to keep them from hearing the details of the interrogation.

Personality: Since magic is a part of her very being, Agatha is harmed as much by the chanting as those she questions, but she has learned to cope with the pain. She is very bitter for all that she has done and that has happened to her, and often takes it out on those she is interrogating.

Merula will do anything to try to coerce Agatha to give up control of her body, including killing those she cares for. She has nearly given up in this endeavor since Agatha has succeeded in resisting her thus far. However, that doesn't stop her from trying to take over a different body - someone whose will is not so strong. She will whisper lies and promises in the ears of those she wishes to manipulate in hopes of getting what she wants.

Apperance: Agatha has high cheekbones and a godesslike figure, as well as hypnotic hazel eyes that can seem to gaze into one's very soul. Her hair is curly and dark brown, and falls down to her waist. She is of an average height, but always commands the room with her presence. She wears a long black dress that seems like it must once have been pretty, though now it is faded and tattered, and her only jewelry is a pair of earrings made out of crow's feathers. That is, unless you consider the steel shackles on her feet to be jewelry.

Bio: When Agatha was a young child, a blessing was put upon her that she would always speak the truth, and that she would be able to descern the truth from lies. Unfortunately it had undesired effects of making her privy to the sins of everyone around her and forcing her to tell the truth no matter how painful.

She grew up with the hopes of becoming a healer, and did quite well in that regard until her unique "gift" was discovered. She was then appointed to be a judge over Silmere, a task which she hated to such an extent that she fled the kingdom in search of a remedy to what she considered to be her curse.

For years she searched and searched, but only one person could offer her relief. That man turned out to be a necromancer. She was told that a spirit would cohabit with her in her body, and would speak on her behalf when she did not wish to be bound to the truth. Seeing only her continued misery as an alternative, Agatha reluctantly agreed. That is how she came to be posessed by the demon known as Merula, who demanded of her more than she could give in return for her "services". Namely, her soul. She refused, but the cost was deadly to those she most cared for.

When Agatha was finally found, Merula had taken nearly full control of her body and had killed her parents and siblings in cold blood. She was bound by magic and placed inside the Room of Questioning where Merula could have only limited control over her. The numerous crimes she committed while under Merula's influence should have necessitated that she be put to death. But she was still considered too valuable to be killed. So in return for being allowed to live, she serves as an interrogator of magi.

As for Merula, she was once one of the Adversaries in the old legends, Merula the Enchantress. She was slain by the Twelve, but still retained control of her spirit and has managed to posess one human after another for hundreds of years. Agatha has proven to be her most challenging yet, but she is confident that she will either break her or posess another eventually.

Other: Nothing yet