PDA

View Full Version : [M]Out of Time(OOC)

Pages : [1] 2 3

John
06-26-2010, 02:54 AM
Rated M for scenes of violence, coarse language, nudity and sexuality, drugs, alcohol and anything else I may have missed that may offend your sensibilities.

A Gypsynaz production.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/nazguljcg/TimeBannercopy.png

There is no difference between the past and the future in the 4-dimensional space-time-world. The present is only an illusion.
- Albert Einstein

Time.

We think of time as a river, with a source and a direction. We think that it flows towards a destination, a steady march to the inevitable. We think of ourselves as floating down that river, helpless to the current. Some of us try to fight it, some of us resign to it, and very few of us simply relax into it, but one way or another, we all see ourselves on it.

But time isn’t a river.

Time is more like a tree. It starts at a point, the trunk, and a while the trunk is one. Then it splits, and the branches spread out. And each branch splits again, and again. And we are the small ants, tiny beings with no idea of the sheer magnitude of the thing we move on, marching up the tree, faced with forks in our proverbial rode as we chose one branch over the others, following it outward and onward. But the tree is not still beneath us, it is ever growing, expanding and stretching further. New branches form, old ones die, and the massive, complex, living thing we move on continues on, unaffected by our scuttling, fleeting forms.

To: Sadie Chastain <schastain06@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, May 25 2010 at 1:46 PM
Subject: re: Experiment?

Monday will be fine for me. I'm glad you're going through with this! If this doesn't land you at least three grants, nothing will. Of course you're welcome to use my lab, I'll make sure everything is ready for you. But I have a class till 2:00 on Monday, so if you want to come by and help me "set up" ;) I'd appreciate it. Make sure you invite everyone you want there for your first trial run! It would probably be good if they came maybe at 4:00, or possibly 5:00? What do you think? You'd better email them soon though so they can be sure to make it!

Anyway, call me with the details. Or just call me. ;)

-Dr. Ethan Keyes,
Assistant Director, Department of Physics

Character Sheet Skeleton

Name:
Pic: (text is also welcome. No anime, no drawings, no CGIs)
Profession: (Student or employee of the university. If student please list major and minor. If employee, please say what I.e. teacher, janitor, etc.)
Languages Spoken:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Bio:

Naz's Character;

Name: Sadie Chastain
Pic: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/nazguljcg/1230684475lEudjvx.jpg/1230684475lEudjvx.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]
Profession: Student. Major: Temporal Mechanics Minor: Italian
Languages Spoken: English. French. Italian. Latin(high school level)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Personality: A free spirit. Does the things she does because she enjoys them. Generally fun loving and happy, but has a more serious side when it comes to her work. Gets frustrated when things don’t work out her way.
Bio: To be revealed(This does not mean this character is going to die. Just that I’m too lazy to make one right now.)

Rules
- Gypsy and Naz are gods
- No meta gaming.
- No power modding or god modding.
- No attacking or stealing from another PC without permission.
- No one liners
- Please allow two people to post before posting again
- Please be respectful in the OOC. If not we will kill you with fire.
- Co op posting is allowed and encouraged
- All other RPA rules apply.
- Have fun!!

The Cast

Nazguljcg as Sadie Chastain

The Gypsy Queen as Ethan Keyes (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=247536&postcount=2)

Lake as Ivan Proctor (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=247746&postcount=7)

Shepherd as Joshua Richards (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=247881&postcount=13)

Mysteria as Lisette "Lisi" Madel (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=248803&postcount=20)

Jansen as Aerin Siour (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=252902&postcount=40)

a la Mode as Alexander Shenti (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=253270&postcount=45)

Ruby Antoinette as Alice DuBurg (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=253545&postcount=53)

Lady of Shalott as Sarah Brandt (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=254931&postcount=75)

ShatterFist as Jack Cross (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=255186&postcount=83)

Lerouge as Tristan Reid (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=261710&postcount=205)

Whimsical Wail as Vanessa Manila (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=266646&postcount=301)

BallsofIce as Chinatsu Chen (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=283439&postcount=405)

The Gypsy Queen
06-26-2010, 02:55 AM
XD I believe Naz is trying to kill me via too many role plays. Have you no shame, man?!

Name: Ethan Keyes

Pic: http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz102/Jezzy666/hugh-jackman-mad-scientist.jpg

Profession: Assistant Director of the Department of Physics

Languages Spoken: English, Indian, Russian, Japanese.

Sexuality: Bisexual

Personality: Ethan is an inordinately cheerful person. He is somewhat absent-minded, has no organizational skills whatsoever, has the bad habit of laughing at his own obscure physics-related jokes, and a bit socially awkward. He means well, though, and is a compassionate and good natured person. He is fiercely defensive of what he loves, and has a very strong sense of justice and right and wrong. His first and greatest love is science and learning, and as a result, he has not had much luck with relationships.

Bio: Ethan's father was a factory worker in New Jersey who didn't think much of his youngest son's preoccupation with reading. The fourth of six children in a strictly Catholic family, Ethan grew up surrounded by other people and with no personal space to call his own. His childhood was chaotic and unruly, with both parents working and only his vaguely interested older siblings (preoccupied with dating for the most part) and Ethan found solace in his school work. It turned out, he was very good at it.

Against his father's wishes, Ethan applied for and received a full ride scholarship to MIT, where he rebelled thoroughly against his strict upbringing. He shook off the religious shell he'd been forced into and found himself growing into an eager and curious scholar, eager to learn anything that anyone could teach him.

His passion for learning was all that consumed him, and a few failed relationships have left Ethan wondering if perhaps he should follow the example of numerous men of science before him and marry his work.

Lake
06-26-2010, 03:08 AM
So... college themed? Going back (or forward in time)? Or is this all to be determined?

The Gypsy Queen
06-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Well the RP is set in a college. MIT to be exact.

XD And as for time travel... well, we'll see won't we?

Lake
06-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Alright, just wondering how much would involve actual college life and how much would be focused on the time traveling part, but I suppose we will see indeed. Character sheet going up shortly.

The Gypsy Queen
06-26-2010, 03:42 AM
XD Yay that's what I like to hear!

Lake
06-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Name: Ivan Proctor

Pic: [http://images.movieplayer.it/2003/05/17/justin-bartha-13998.jpg

Profession: Student. Major. Ocean Engineering - Biological Oceanography ( With an Emphasis on Cetology ) Minor: Theatre Arts

Languages Spoken: English, French, Humpback

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Ivan is a traditionalist. He likes setting up methods and doing them in that exact order. While this does not necessarily mean that he is OCD-organized, he prefers that everything follows by a determined set of rules where the outcomes are always predictable. He also sticks to his day to day routine, and finds change agitating. His favorite color is gray.

Ivan is boring, but he rejoices in his boredom, as it is safe, calculated, and is never bothered with the likes of "relationships" or "significant others". Other than that, Ivan is quite and polite, and will only let himself "loose" in the company of those he has learned to trust.

Bio: Ivan was born to a strict set of parents on the island of Nantucket, MA. He was the second of three children, with an older sister and a younger brother. While he dislikes the term "middle-child syndrome", Ivan cannot deny that he has experienced some form of this, er, misfortune. His mother focused most of her homemaking attention on his dimwitted sister, as she had no hope in going to college and wanted to move to California. His father was more attached to his younger brother, who had one of the best slap-shots in the state. Ivan found a small escape through his high school's theatre program as well as reading.

Upon graduating Ivan applied for, and got accepted to, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology to major in Ocean Engineering, which he soon dropped in favor of Biological Oceanography ( or Marine Biology ), and after reading Herman Melville's masterpiece, decided to focus primarily on Cetology. Ivan chose to minor in Theatre Arts, hoping it would diversify his portfolio so that he didn't appear as just a complete ocean freak. Whenever Ivan tells his friends, family, and even coworkers his educational choices, they all ask when he starts at Sea World. Ivan does not find this funny.

- - -

I have read and agree to all rules.

Alright, I hope this will work. I'm happy to make any changes as well, as I'm a little unsure about somethings. I googled "majors offered at MIT" and the closest thing I could find in to Biological Oceanography was Ocean Engineering, so hopefully it will suffice.

The Gypsy Queen
06-26-2010, 04:32 AM
lol okay I have to be honest. I saw Humpback in your languages, and I thought we were talking about the kind that live in bell towers. I was a little alarmed. It sounded like this:

" Wait, what? What? What?! What?! Oh. Oh... hee hee that's clever."

Accepted. XD And very creative.

Also we definitely wanted a variety of majors. :D If you look you'll notice that there's no such major as Temporal Mechanics (Naz) so it's okay if you're making some stuff up.

Lake
06-26-2010, 05:33 AM
Awesome, I'm really looking forward to this RP.

The Gypsy Queen
06-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Me too! XD Glad to have you on board!

Shepherd
06-26-2010, 07:15 AM
This looks interesting, I may join if a character idea hits me. Quick question, can we be grad students?

John
06-26-2010, 07:27 AM
Good question. Yes. Yes you can. I would also like to mention that if anyone wants to be a visiting student form Harvard, this wouuld also be allowed

Shepherd
06-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Name: Joshua Richards

Pic: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3239/2605794783_d1042926a1_o.jpg

Profession: Grad student studying for his Masters in Genetics. Hold a Bachelors in Molecular Biology and a minor in Philosophy.

Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Hebrew, and Latin (not conversational, merely knows scentific names and classifications plus some root cognates)

Sexuality: Homosexual

Personality: Joshua, Josh to his friends though he honestly doesn't care, is very detail oriented. He tends to notice little details that most people ignore and he remembers them for later. He is always gathering information in one way or another, be it from a book, the media or from watching people interact. He is so good at reading people that he is often accused of being psychic usually knowing exactly what someone will say and how they will act if he spends enough time with them.

Josh tends to be a rather chaotic person, but he's a Cancer, that's to be expected. He has mood swings and they tend to make you wonder if he's the same guy you met yesterday. Exceedingly witty and intelligent he is a repertoire of knowledge. He tends to come across as a know-it-all however and will hastily correct you if you are wrong. He is rather charismatic and charming, but you have to get him to open up as he usually doesn't feel comfortable around those he doesn't know. When he's with his friends he is calm, collected, engaged and a bit random discussing television one moment and theoretical physics the next. His randomness is a gift though because he sees a connection in the topics somehow, which causes the leap, its lead to him discovering some interesting symmetries in his studies. Around others however he tends to be withdrawn and a bit stand offish, he won't hesitate to use his intellect and wit as a weapon if he feels uncomfortable either. But hang around him long enough and he'll open up, and with plenty of sarcastic snipes at everyones expense, even his own.

Bio: Growing up an only child Josh's childhood wasn't the best. He was IQ tested at a young age and told he was a genius, and had the ego ever since. His parents split when he was 8, finalizing the divorce when he was 10 and ever since he never really got along with his folks. His mother saw too many traits of his father in him and would lash out randomly, sometimes while calling him Robert (his father's name.) His dad was mostly gone, Josh saw him a few times a month, usually long enough for dinner and a brief chat and that was it. This family life made Josh very independent very quickly and he learned to take care of himself. He kept himself busy with soccer and martial arts, and rarely bothered with school work, he passed all the classes without trying.

This behavior continued until about his senior year of high school. Senior year was a very trying time for him as he was dealing with several personal issues, not the least of which being his home life and his identity. It was then that he decided he had to do something with his life, not just get by, but contribute to mankind in someway. He graduated high school with a 3.8 GPA and scored quite well on his college aptitude tests as well. He ended up getting a scholarship to Tulane University for Biomedical Engineering. His first time away from home and in the city of New Orleans had disastrous consequences and he ended up losing the scholarship and being put on academic probation after freshman year.

Josh, being the self reliant person that he was, decided he had to completely turn himself around and spent the next 4 years, he pretty much repeated freshman year, hitting the books and being a bit of a recluse. He had his core group of friends and kept his head down and his nose clean for the most part. He switched his major at the end of his sophomore year deciding that, while he loved physics in theory, he hated doing calculus. To him calculus was useless math and he never really got very good at it. His new major was Molecular Biology and he minored in Philosophy for fun. After graduating he applied to several grad programs hoping to do research while teaching lower level sciences and was thrilled to be accepted into MITs Genetics program.

Tsampi
06-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Naz, do you mind if I jump aboard this RP?

Mysteria
06-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Okay Okay....as long as its not going to be one of those ones where I have to post umpteen times a week...and Naz you may have to help refresh my memory on this cuz I Have no clue what I did with that c/s. I know you keep everything so umm...if you have it you know what to do yes? XD

John
06-26-2010, 03:52 PM
@ Shepherd - Looks good. Acceptance pending Gypsy's approval

@Tsampi - Not at all. Post a sheet.

@Mysti - I will see if I can find it when I get home form work.

Ludypoof379
06-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Mmmkay I'm interested in joining but i may have some difficulty posting in a few weeks but I will try my best to do so.

The Gypsy Queen
06-26-2010, 05:37 PM
lol hurray for sleeping co-gms! Yes Shepherd that looks great. XD Accepted. :D

Also wow a lot of new faces for this one! Which is great, I love fresh meat - er, meeting new people. XD If you haven't posted a sheet yet I'm waiting on baited breath.

Yoruyonaka
06-26-2010, 06:24 PM
How could Yoru so no to a Naz and Gypsy rp? XD

John
06-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Found Mysti's sheet XD

Name: Lisette "Lisi" Madel

Age 25

Pic:
If one were to look at Lisette they might think they were looking at a youthful Loretta Young. Lisi is fair skinned with long dirty blonde hair and almost what could be called aqua colored eyes Her eyes have a bluish green appearance that changes depending upon both lighting and seemingly also at times by her mood. Standing at 5 ‘ 6 “ Lisi is of slightly but solid build weighing in around 130 pounds.

http://www.tegclassictv.com/images/loretta-young-B-W-1.jpg

Profession: Part time student in numeric photography full time secretary for MIT

Languages :Spoken: English

Sexuality: Straight

Personality: Extremely focused when on task at work or in one of her classes but when involved in other activities she is highly fun loving and approachable. At times Lisi can be very introspective and quiet. She has a love of animals, nature and photography.

Bio: Lisi was born and raised in small town Pennsylvania and lived there for most of her teenage years. Her father was relocated to Salem Massachusetts when she was at the end of her junior year in high school leaving Lisi to enter into a new school for her senior year having no established friends. While Lisi did make friends easily she really didn’t have time to become close to any of them other than a scant few outside of her photography group and her co-workers at a local photography shop that she worked at after school in the evenings.

Lisi was fascinated with the history of Salem and the Salem witch trials. The owner of the photography store that Lisi worked for would spend hours telling Lisi the towns history. After graduation Lisi moved to Cambridge MA so that she could begin working as a full time secretary at MIT. After being there only a few months Lisi also began taking a class in numeric photography due to her love of anything that had to do with photography. By doing so Lisi helped to eventually be able to major in a career of photographic specialties.

The Gypsy Queen
06-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Mysti's sheet is accepted. :D

Mysteria
06-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Naz thanks for finding that since I'm not at home I wouldn't have been able to access it until I got to my old pc.

Gyps thanks for accepting it!!

The Gypsy Queen
06-27-2010, 05:43 PM
oh come one, what else was I gonna do with it? XD

John
06-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Three characters so far. I do belisve we need some more. Spread the word people. Tell your friends and neighbours XD

Shepherd
06-29-2010, 04:48 AM
We have neighbors on RPA? Does that mean we have houses too? I want an RPA house, how do I apply?

John
06-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Simply send a certified cheque for 100,000 dollars to Anne Bonny care of RPA and we will get you on the list XD

Damonique
06-29-2010, 04:58 AM
I think, from what I understand of the concept of this RP, that I would be interested, but I'm still a little shaky on the details. Mind filling me in, Naz? Just the intelligence of the concept makes me interested, if nothing else.

I' think I'll drag back to life an old charicter from a quickly-dead RP from another site who though in numbers. Sounds fitting for this RP. Not to mention being able to put "Binary" on a known languages tab equals instant win.

The Gypsy Queen
06-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Well we're glad you're interested hun! :D

But we are big on surprises, Naz and I, as anyone can tell you. So all we can say is that, if you join, your character is invited to see an experiment being conducted by a brilliant temporal mechanics student and her very excited professor. As for what will happen during said experiment... well, I invite you to come find out. :D

John
06-29-2010, 05:14 AM
Excited prof...lols. *runs to look at pic again*

Damonique
06-29-2010, 05:32 AM
Okay then, I'll work up a sheet, just give me about a half hour or so.

John
06-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Can't wait XD

Damonique
06-29-2010, 06:29 AM
Removed, overhaul will be in a new post.

John
06-29-2010, 06:53 AM
I have a few problems with what you have so far. So I would like to take a moment to address them First, I'm sorry but the age is non negotiable in this one. Second, while I would be willing to accept a double major, I don't feel I can go with a triple major. In all honesty I would prefer just one leaving others available for other players.

Third, due to the nature of this RP, I can not guarantee the survival of a sickly character(by the way, did you know that rain actually sends pollen into the air making allergies worse, and i'm speaking form experience.)

I also have a problem with a charcter that can only really interact with other people a third of the time. I appreciate the work you have obviously put into it, but you need to rethink this one dude.

ILYTH
06-29-2010, 08:34 AM
will edit this into my char sheet after dinner.

John
06-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Cool, what are we having?

ILYTH
06-29-2010, 10:51 AM
vietnamese chicken and lentil soup, cooking up my sheet at the moment but also have a psychology paper due so could be a while.

Damonique
06-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I may have jumped the gun on that one. The triple major I can explain, he works on a number of majors and minors simultaneously due his erratic thought process, and, once I get the bio up you'll understand that he more or less lives at the college, in his study, thinking. Age bumps not a big deal, but there have been child prodigies who have GRADUATED colleges at younger than seventeen.

I'll be doing a major overhaul, as that was, more or less, just an extremely rough draft I typed up at 2 in the morning, with the lack of a bio leaving 90% of the sheet less-than-comprehensible. Main reason that I made him such a genius, is that using theoretical math compiled by a mentally unstable prodigy would actually make the theory of time travel halfway plausible.

John
06-29-2010, 04:52 PM
@ Helios - Damn, I'm really hungry now XD

@ Jansen - I look forward to seeing the overhaul. We will, however, not allow a triple major. Sorry dude. It's too much.

Damonique
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Actually, I've ditched the triple major for a simple "Undeclared", since Aerin, now 23, though he has been living at MIT since he was 17, sits in on classes for every subject in the book. Since a fancy grant fund I entirely made up pays for his education, room, board, and studies, he's not in much a hurry to leave.

Damonique
06-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Here it is, totally overhauled.

Name:Aerin Siour

Pic: Thin, tall, and pale, Aerin is, obviously, out of shape and very thin and lanky, despite eating copious amounts of Junk food and Sugars in order to keep himself awake on consecutive all-nighters unraveling the mysteries of the universe.

His hair is a dark grey, a shade lighter than black, and always left in a messy mop over his pale-blue eyes, as Aerin rarely has time to get it cut or straighten it, so he just lets it hang there. His wardrobe consists of nothing but loose jeans and blank white T-Shirts, as he has little sense for fashion, obviously. One of his greatest annoyances is his constantly growing beard, which he would rather just let grow if it didn't get in his way. He blames it on his father Scandinavian ancestry.

Sad to say it, but think L, from Death Note, just for an analogy for the appearance.

Profession: Full-Time Student, Major: Undeclared, thought he has sat in on classes over many different subjects, Aerin has never once taken a final, and has never completed a class over his six-year funded stay at the college.

Languages Spoken:English, Binary, Japanese

Sexuality:Straight

Personality:Aerin is a calculating individual, thinking in numbers and probabilities rather than words and emotions, and constantly glued to a chalkboard, computer monitor, or a pen and paper. Despite his obvious and almost unparalleled intelligence, Aerin has difficulties controlling his thoughts, sometimes a simple sentence spoken will send him into an almost trancelike state of thought as he considers every implication from a purely objective standpoint, Mathematically, these episodes usually ending in breakthroughs.

When he is in a state like this, in which anything said or done around him can trigger an episode,he is rarely approached by other people due to these episodes making conversation almost impossible. He spends much of this time locked away in his study.

When he's not in a state like that, he often sits in on classes, seminars, and experiments for other classes, and occasionally accepts requests from other students and physicists when dealing with complicated formulae and the theoretical.

He is actually quite a nice person, despite his obvious Quirks and oddities, and some of the other Physicists have actually began to enjoy his company, if only for the objective insight he often takes to their experiments that often lead to key breakthroughs in a theory.

Bio:From a very young age, Aerin spent time in the foster care system, until around nine years old, when his condition began to show itself. From then on he was in various special education programs and psychiatric institutions.

Most of his psychologists original believed it to be simple autism, except that Aerin seemed to have no trouble understanding or learning what was taught to him, and instead applied much of his time to explaining the concrete facts most people just accept.

At age 16, after a comprehensive learning program run by the Edison/Tesla foundation for Gifted Students(Made it up), he was given SAT and ACT testing, and passed both within the top fifth percentile. The fund then paid for him to be sent to MIT, where, from seventeen to now, his math has been cited in papers on various theoretical subjects.

The board of directors and student populace at MIT no longer mind him being there, given child prodigies at MIT have never been a new thing, and his assistance is often asked for and usually results a breakthrough in whatever theoretical field the physicist in question was working on.

Unlike most students and physicists, who hope to get published, he cares nothing for study grants or patents on his work, and often distributes whole hard drives worth of math on a subject when asked. What often bothers him is when other students and physicists see something blatantly obvious in his work that he, the one who wrote it, didn't give a second thought.

At the moments, he is working up algorithms for Sadie Chastian, in the recently founded Temporal Studies department, and since he is the only one who can even begin to understand the processes of his own math, he will be sitting in on the temporal experiment in order to make sure his calculation are being followed to the decimal.

John
06-29-2010, 05:19 PM
I shall need to confer with the co gm before acceptance can be made. I ask you again to rethink the sicklyness of your character. A character such as this will have a very hard time in this RP. However, the choice is yours. Also, was curious if you knew that Aerin is a girl's name

Damonique
06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
There isn't really a such name as boy and girls names, and I wasn't aware, actually. I assume the colloquially accepted "Boys" version would be the commoner "Aaron"?

And converse with your co-GM, I was merely intrigued by the subject of the RP. If I'm not accepted, It won't be that big of a deal. It would be much easier to formulate a CS if you gave us any idea of what we would actually be DOING during this RP. All I know thus far is that it deals with time travel and that its set at MIT. Neither of which requires excessive physical activity.

Really, I may have thrown that In for my propensity for joining combat RP's, and I tend to throw in limitations for particularly genius or powerful charicter, this being, obviously, the former.

John
06-29-2010, 06:18 PM
Aaron woud be the accepted boys name. http://www.yeahbaby.com/baby-name.php?name=Aerin

One of the reasons we don't give a whole lot of information to the players is so the reactions are more real as well as the characters. I have a thing for taking ordinary people and throwing them into extraordinary situations.

And wile being a student at MIT may not require excessive physical activity, who's to say that time travel doesn't? That would actually depend on where you end up. But on that, as the characters so far are bookworms, I don't really expect any of them would be athletes either.

Now I'm not saying you can't play a sickly character if you like, just letting you know that given what is going to happen, it might be a difficult character to play. But on that, I know you have the ability to pull it off.

Damonique
06-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Well, I toned down the sickly bit, so that it only prevent excessive physical activity. I'll play him like that and hope we don't end up in the stone ages.

à la Mode
06-29-2010, 07:29 PM
...interjection:

Alexander Shenti

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9459/notmarcello.jpg

Profession:
Grad Student. Earned BA in Philosophy with a minor in Theatre Arts, studying for PhD in Philosophy.

Languages Spoken:
English, Spanish, and Latin

Sexuality:
Homosexual

Bio:
Alexander was given life on a silver platter, with a silver spoon in his mouth, and an ATM card that—coincidentally enough—was colored silver. His father, a German-blooded man named Sven, was a Harvard graduate of law, who worked under the most prestigious of firms. His mother, an Egyptian beauty, was nothing more than a trophy wife to Sven, delving in the riches of her husband and relishing in lifestyle of doting to herself and to her only child.

Though, it wasn't just Daddy's money that got Alexander into MIT. Along with the designer clothes, car, and fitness trainer, Alexander's parents made sure his education was top-of-the-line. Private school coincided with a personal tutor. Alexander graduated valedictorian in high school and egregia cum laude in his Bachelor's program. So, rather than just being fed with the silver spoon, he started to craft his own made of gold.

Personality:
Having nearly everything has its drawbacks. Alexander is a dick, no question about it. He has little, to no, pity for people that have nothing and continue to achieve nothing. Cynicism took the best of him, as through his rigorous studies of philosophical debate of right and wrong, wrong usually overpowered right in the world. And, Alexander has little remorse regardless of what he says or does. Most conversations seem superfluous. Most cheerful, meaningless emotions (like giddiness or love) are abhorred.

Being well-off has its upsides too, of course. Wading in the good-genes pool and having a no-max credit card gave him an in with MIT fraternity Lambda Chi Alpha. He thoroughly enjoys having a wild and crazy time, usually induced with a myriad of alcohols. Drama is almost non-existent around him when he's drinking and having fun. These times are probably the few times one would see Alexander at least a smoot away from disdain.

Luckily, he's a self-declared alcoholic, and these joyous times are frequent.

===

I truly hope this is okay. If any changes can be made to improve the chances of acceptance, I'll happily take note. -dance-

Damonique
06-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Wow, your characters a total jackass. Cool.

John
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm actually really digging this character XD Once Gypsy comes on, we will let you know for I must confer with my co gm.

The Gypsy Queen
06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Jansen: We like surprising our players. We get more realistic and human characters that way, not so many characters built just for that RP, and you know the ones I'm talking about. :D But in any case the your character looks good to me, but I will echo Naz in letting you know that you might expect some difficulties. So... Accepted. XD

Mode: Oooh a new face! I love new faces. And wow. That guy sounds like a jerk. XD Accepted.

Naz: Holy shit I'm alive!

Damonique
06-30-2010, 12:35 AM
I know limitations.

Know whats a major problem with time travel? Diseases. The Bubonic and Nuemonic plagues haven't struck in great numbers for a long time, but most humans are still extremely vulnerable without access to modern medicines(Penicillin). So going back to the dark ages would be a little more than a death run, would it not?

Not to mention that if you DID get back to your own time to receive treatment, you would have a chance of passing it to anyone in the present you came into contact with. Sorta scary, now that you think of it.

The Gypsy Queen
06-30-2010, 12:46 AM
It is, isn't it? *whistles innocently*

Damonique
06-30-2010, 02:26 AM
I just found out one of the plot ideas you were toying with, didn't I?

Cleopatra
06-30-2010, 03:09 AM
OoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOO OOOOOOo... INTERESTING...

I'm thinking this is gonna be like Dr. Who meets Back To The Future XD

Sounds like fun!

Cleopatra
06-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Sorry for the double post, but here's my character:

Name: Alice DuBurg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f21/SubSniper/geek-girl.jpg

Profession: Student, Junior Year, majoring in Communications with a minor in History.

Languages Spoken: English, some French and some Spanish, but by no means fluent.

Sexuality: Heterosexual.

Personality: Alice is a pretty cheery person, but with a somewhat cynical and sarcastic attitude. She's very loyal and trusting, but note that loyal and trusting does not mean she will not complain or argue about what is to be done. Her moral stances are very clear and she tends to see things in black and white. However, she knows this and tries to see things from both sides to get a good idea of what's going on.

A self-proclaimed nerd, she delights in things like Doctor Who, Star Wars, Mass Effect, and, of course, the TV series The Big Bang Theory. Her social standing is not as polished as some, but she does her best to be polite and open to all. She will be the first to admit that she is clumsy and not as intelligent others may be, but her common sense is strong and she knows when to keep quiet and listen, which is just as good as smarts.

Bio: Alice is the second oldest of a family of five- three brothers, one sister. Her parents were supportive and caring, making sure that they were all provided for and could have the best they could afford. From an old New Orleanian family, she was raised a Catholic and still holds many of the same beliefs and values that were taught to her then, and she admits that her high standards towards things such as loyalty and trust were most likely instilled in her mostly because of her parents, not because she's naturally that way.

As a B student, Alice is mostly ignored by the more brilliant minds of the college, and instead spends most of her free time with friends watching movies or playing video games. She is not a member of Greek Life, nor is she interested in parties. However, she is well thought of by her professors and friends, and she enjoys a somewhat moderate level of popularity amongst her own.

John
06-30-2010, 03:57 AM
@ Jansen - Maybe, maybe not XD

@ Ruby - Think more like Quantum Leap meets Sliders. Either way though, it will be fun. And even more so if you're here.

The Gypsy Queen
06-30-2010, 04:04 AM
Accepted! imo... Co-gm? You're thoughts?

John
06-30-2010, 04:06 AM
The character was accepted the moment I read what was on the tee shirt in the pic XD

Seriously though, it's a great character and it is accepted. Was there ever a doubt in your mind?

Cleopatra
06-30-2010, 04:07 AM
lol Well, it's always safe to doubt first. Otherwise you risk disappointment. But yaaaaaaay!

John
06-30-2010, 04:23 AM
So I was thinking, time to start writing. IC will be up tonite or tomorrow at some point. Depends how inspired I am. We will still accept new characters after the IC goes up. There will come a point when we will stop accepting new characters.

The Gypsy Queen
06-30-2010, 04:32 AM
yeah what he said. XD Party time!

Cleopatra
06-30-2010, 05:02 AM
Woot woot! XD

Damonique
06-30-2010, 05:38 AM
May the complete and utter geekery commence. I've spent the last hour looking through Wiki articles over complex mathematics just so I'll have a few genius-esque things for my charicter to say.

Lake
06-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Really? Because I just got done editing Wiki articles over complex mathematics. :D Good thing I took pre-calculus in high school!

Haha, it'll be fine. I'm basing all of my whale knowledge on what I read in Moby Dick, a work of fiction, so I can't really insult. ;)

à la Mode
06-30-2010, 06:23 AM
So excited! I'm grateful for the acceptance.

Alexander's going to get all pompous on all these character's asses. XD bahaha

Just an "And Now You Know" moment: Lambda Chi Alpha is an actual social frat at MIT. The reference to Alexander being a "'smoot' away from disdain" is a nod to the fact that LCA found the international increment of measurement (the "smoot")!! It was the measurement used to test the length of the bridge between Harvard and MIT, named after the man who was used as the measurement tool (Oliver Smoot).

And Now You Know..

Shepherd
06-30-2010, 06:45 AM
They used a man to measure a bridge.... MIT students...? I would have thought that would be to inaccurate for them, like the whole 12 inches is a foot thing. Funny thing to do though. Hmmm... bridge of people....

John
06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
The IC will be up tonite when I get home form work. Just need to finish it up and co op part of it with Gypsy.

Mysteria
06-30-2010, 10:12 PM
ha ha, and I don't know a thing about anything, thats why my char is what she is!! lol.

Im'a wing it!!

The Gypsy Queen
06-30-2010, 11:48 PM
For the record, math scares the living hell out of me. The wikipedia article on physics is utterly terrifying. I will have nightmares. D:

That being said, this is shaping up to be loads of fun. :D I'm thrilled to have you all on board.

Damonique
06-30-2010, 11:50 PM
I understood some of it. Good thing about my char being a mathematics genius is that I can mostly just plug random numbers into complex formulae, and regardless of what comes out, it wouldn't make sense to any of you anyway.

rabbit
07-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Heyheyhey, is there another spot open? >.>;

The Gypsy Queen
07-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Jansen: Yeah I'm banking on that. XD

Bliss: Certainly is, love. :D

rabbit
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
-Mini party- YAY! I'll get to work on my character sheet. :3

The Gypsy Queen
07-01-2010, 01:41 AM
Groovy. I can't wait.

Tyanet
07-01-2010, 02:26 AM
Since people are still joining, and there's no IC thread, Imma assume that this is still open and I'll go ahead and join :D

The Gypsy Queen
07-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Oh boy another new face! Yes we are still open, bring on the sheet! :D

rabbit
07-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Sarah Loraine Brandt
Born June 28th

http://i48.tinypic.com/34rygoz.jpg

Profession: Undergraduate, sophomore year
Major: Humanities
Minor: Comparative Media Studies

Languages Spoken: English, French, Italian, and Spanish.

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality: Sarah fits into the description for a true Cancer personality as she is a deeply emotional person, but does her best to be smooth and confident on the outside. Her strength lies in home, family and friends and she is a very nurturing and caring spirit. Sarah is generous and kind to others, so she makes friends easily but she is often too quick to trust or love.
Emotions run deep in her and even small slights can resonate very deeply. When hurt she can retract into herself and become “unreachable” for periods of time, often seeming like a completely different person. Susan is also has moments where she is sulky, brooding and irritable for no apparent reason to anyone else.
She is very strongly rooted, which makes her very passionate, and thinks of and learns from her past and finds a deep significance in mementos and things that other people would take for granted. She often speaks of this and that time and tries to connect what she’s learning to herself or something she already knows so she can understand it better, which works well with her humanities courses. Her intelligence often takes the back seat to her emotions, as she thinks with her heart then her head, but has never been hindered by it and over all she enjoys learning and has a very open mind.

Biography: Born and raised in Malibu California, Sarah had a fairly normal childhood, except for the part where she was an absolute crybaby from preschool through about fifth grade. She had many friends but few who were very close to her heart and those were the ones who understood when, after she received her associate of arts degree in communications from Santa Monica Community College, she jumped at the chance to attend MIT.
Sarah had never had a plan for what she wanted to be when she grew up, but throughout school she made the grades to do whatever she wanted. She fell back on communications and business when she graduated high school, but discovered the humanities courses at MIT just before she graduated with her AA from SMCC and decided that was what she wanted to do. She applied and was accepted.
The move from glamorous Malibu to green Massachusetts is dramatic, and she misses her family like mad but she’s adjusted well – but the winters are something completely foreign to her and she’s become a very strong believer in layering clothes during the winter months.

---

I accept the rules.

Tell me what you think! I think I went a little overboard...

The Gypsy Queen
07-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Lol I think it looks nice. I have to wait on my co gm for approval though...

John
07-01-2010, 04:16 AM
Why is it always up to me? XD It's all good Bliss, accepted. And the IC will be up soon *glee*

The Gypsy Queen
07-01-2010, 04:26 AM
it is not always up to you! Half the time it's up to me! Geez. XP

rabbit
07-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Yaaay!

Damonique
07-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Glad to see someone semi-normal in this.

John
07-01-2010, 05:40 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but I will take that as a compliment being the most insane person here XD

The Gypsy Queen
07-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Well it would certainly be an accomplishment, imo. XD

Black
07-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Name: Jack Cross
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll177/Nickolas/House-MD-Hugh-Laurie-Dr-Gregory-Hou.jpg
Yeah, I went there.
Profession: Anatomy and Human Sciences Professer
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Personality:
Jack is a laid back calm cool guy. He is the type of professer whom is loved by students and staff alike. Although he does assign a lot of homework and has impossibly high expectations of his students. Not many students pass his classes, only 4 or 5 get through a year and they get through barly scrape by. Even though he fails nearly 400 students a semester from a single class Jack is still considered one of the best professers of Human Anatamy and Human Sciences.
Jack hates liars. Hates them with a passion. Hates them so much that he took a class on how to recognise a liar by his or her body language. He has been known to instantly fail anyone who lies in his class about anything.
Bio:
Jack was born in Kings Cross London thirty seven years ago. He went to harvard medical school for his masters degree in Medical Human Sciences and Behaviour and Anatomy and minored in Physiology. Jack also took the many nessisary classes needed to become a M.D. but instead decided to teach and so here he is. Now that he thinks about it, he probably should have taken the job.

Lake
07-01-2010, 06:19 AM
Uh oh, House's all up in this mother.

John
07-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Okay, in about two minutes after I post this, the IC will be going up. So you all get to introduce your characters and what not. You will not be able to enter the lab yet, but you can do anything else you want within reason including interacting with each other. Also, for everyone who received the email, which are the already accepted characters, here's what it says.

"Hey Hun. Would Really love to see you in Professor Keyes' lab at 5:00 today. My experiment is ready and it would mean so much to me if you were there.

Hugs and kisses

Sadie"

Want to remind everyone that co op posts are welcome and encouraged in this RP but not required. So yeah, that's it, hope y'all have fun.

@Shatter - I like it. We only have to wait for Gypsy's word. Oh and if accepted, your charcter will have also received the email as you are faculty.

Shepherd
07-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Ut oh, Lady of Shalott's (Bliss is it?) char is a cancer as well, emotions are gonna run amok, lol.

Damonique
07-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Can we edit the email to make sense with why our character would be there. For instance, its less so the Aaron is invited as much as he's part of his experiment, given his theoretical math is a core component to the experiment actually doing anything.

John
07-01-2010, 06:40 AM
It's up BTW. Go look. Do eet XD Oh and one more thing, as i had to come up wiht a reason for your characters to be invited, i took a little liberty, I hope no one minds.

John
07-01-2010, 06:41 AM
@ Jansen, no. It was a mass email, everyone got the same email.

Damonique
07-01-2010, 06:54 AM
'kay

Shepherd
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Awesome, I'll read the IC and try to get a post up tomorrow since its my day off, but right now its off to bed, night.

à la Mode
07-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Bahahahhaahah!!

"Alexander Shenti, who Sadie didn’t really like. Still he was intelligent, and no doubt he would have some opinion about her experiment." Perfect!! Hahahah Alexander's gaining his nasty, nasty ground already.

RP time!! :rocker:

Damonique
07-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I'd think that biggest reason for Shenti to be there is because he knows rich people. If you want to get rich off of something, you sell it to rich people.

John
07-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Unless Sadie doesn't really care about the money XD

à la Mode
07-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Hopefully she cares about his opinion, like it states.

...because Alexander is definitely the one to give it. :crazy:

John
07-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Well she is interested in hearing it. And she is looking forward to it XD

à la Mode
07-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Ooh!! I'm so excited! XD

And, GAH! I posted!! ... O.O ...
I hope that's okay, and I'm willing to negotiate a co-op since Alexander is all alone and at a designated spot.

John
07-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Everybody is doing great so far. Loving the posts.

à la Mode
07-01-2010, 08:37 PM
-dance-

Yay.

((I put a link to the IC in my signature, to draw attention...but mostly to have a quick link if we're on the OOC and want to switch over to the IC...I'm lazy. ^_^ ))

Black
07-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Gyps needs to hurry up and get on an approve my charrie =3 lol.

rabbit
07-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Gaaah, I'm off to go get my (first ever!) tattoo in a few minutes, but in the time I have, I'll read over the IC. I may not get a post up this evening but I will get one up ASAP! Also, tomorrow night I'm going over to my friends house... But I shall find time! Raaah! Haha! :3

The Gypsy Queen
07-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Oh good luck! I just got my first one a few months back!

Edit: Approved Shatter. Sorry. XD

The Gypsy Queen
07-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Double posting is wrong. XD

Go my pretties! Go forth and post! Post like you've never posted before!

*cackles*

Tyanet
07-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Oh hell. I need to work on my character sheet D:

I should have it in sometime today.

Damonique
07-02-2010, 05:53 PM
....we already started the RP..

John
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
I need to work on my character sheet D:

I should have it in sometime today.

Looking forward to it. For anyone else thinking of submitting a sheet, we are still accepting, but time is limited(but it's all relative XD)

Lake
07-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Looking forward to it. For anyone else thinking of submitting a sheet, we are still accepting, but time is limited(but it's all relative XD)

I see what you did there. :hiding:

Also, I'm sorry for mentioning this at such a late notice, but the next two weeks I will be gone. I have a summer camp that I'm attending and then immediately following that one I'm going to be a camp counselor for a week for 7-9 year olds.

Who've never been away from home before.

And most likely, with my past experiences as a counselor, still wet the bed.

I know this is bad timing, with this RP just starting, but I'm fine with anything happening to my character. You can kill him off, or have him get transported to a different period of time than the rest of the characters until I get back, or you can control him as a mindless zombie. The possibilities are endless.

But yeah, gone for two weeks, starting Sunday, won't be back till the 17th.

John
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up Lake. I'm sure we can puppet your character along till your return. Hopefully, everyone else posts and maybe you can get in one more before you go XD Hopefully.

Black
07-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Ill go get the remote control so I can control you like a zombie.

John
07-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I thought I hid that XD

rabbit
07-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Apparently not well enough!

John
07-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Well the only other person who knew where I hid it was... *shock and disbelief* It was you Bliss. I can't believe you told him where it was. XD

Damonique
07-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Naz, how the hell you actually get anything done in these RP's is astounding. And its okay, I still have the backup-zombie-remote override thingy(that was my attemt to sound intelligent)right here in my*Feels around in his jacket pocket before shouting incoherently*

We've been compromised!

Mysteria
07-03-2010, 01:45 AM
email? I did not get an email from anyone!!! :(

edited for duh!!

John
07-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Naz, how the hell you actually get anything done in these RP's is astounding.

How do you mean?

The Gypsy Queen
07-03-2010, 02:16 AM
It's the pic I used for Ethan. It's soo distracting! *stares*

Damonique
07-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Heh, with all the screwing around in the OOC, I've checked it, and it seems to always happen to your OOC threads. Sometimes it seems like thats the main attraction rather than the RP itself. Not that its a bad thing, I love screwing around!

*Slaps Gypsy* Snap out of it!

John
07-03-2010, 02:21 AM
You slapped Gypsy? O.o *runs for cover*

The Gypsy Queen
07-03-2010, 02:23 AM
*quirks an eyebrow* Oooh. Big tough guy. Slapping little old me. Careful. I might like it. *winks*

Mysteria
07-03-2010, 02:28 AM
*quirks an eyebrow* Oooh. Big tough guy. Slapping little old me. Careful. I might like it. *winks*

Might? *coughs*

;king10;

The Gypsy Queen
07-03-2010, 02:29 AM
*kisses Mysti's cheek* Shhh, you'll give away all my secrets!

Mysteria
07-03-2010, 02:31 AM
:lalala:

not saying a word here....besides, you have info, you CAN blackmail me so I'ma just keep my pout mouth shut... ;)

Damonique
07-03-2010, 02:32 AM
*Ran away*

Creepy...Very Creepy.

The Gypsy Queen
07-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Hee hee. XD I always win.

Black
07-03-2010, 03:50 AM
o3o

John
07-03-2010, 03:52 AM
I always win.

It's true. Don't mess with the power of the queen XD

Black
07-03-2010, 04:19 AM
*Pokes the power of the queen*

Seems a lot like jello.

Shepherd
07-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Does that make Bill Cosby all powerful....? *shudder*

The Gypsy Queen
07-03-2010, 04:33 AM
Watch what you're poking there, sir.

Black
07-03-2010, 05:06 AM
O.o >.> <.< CURSES! FOILED AGAIN! *flees*

The Gypsy Queen
07-03-2010, 05:16 AM
mwahahaha!

Mysteria
07-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Posted a lil something to get me into this til it gets to the good stuff. Naz, if you need me to change anything lemme know. You weren't around to ask, but I figured it all would be okay and if'n it aint, I can change it! LOL

Damonique
07-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Aerin's making his way to the lab, if you want to stall some just have it be locked or something, but I was going to have him show up early to set up his algorithms and set up some last-minute simulations. Because you don't unveil an experiment until your sure its going to work.

Black
07-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Cross is getting sleepy standing there, frozen in time doin nothing.

John
07-03-2010, 09:34 PM
@ Jansen - The door is locked. Sadie locked it behind her upon entering. And don't worry, she is sure it will work, but more on that in the next GM post

Damonique
07-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Yeah, but my charicter is a calculating individual who wouldn't consider someone else competent enough to do anything remotely relative to time travel without him triple and quadruple checking the math first. I'll just leave him as suspended in this post looking for the lab until everyone else starts showing up.

rabbit
07-03-2010, 09:48 PM
K, don't know who saw my absense thread, but my computer crashed like, 5+ times yesterday, so I give permission to the GMs to puppet my character around. I'm so sorry, guys. :(

John
07-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up Bliss. Gyps and I will be happy to do that for you until your return, which hopefully will be soon.

rabbit
07-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Ok, I'm back. That took a lot less time than I thought. x]

John
07-05-2010, 04:03 AM
So glad you're back. Had us worried for a minute there.

rabbit
07-05-2010, 04:12 AM
Lol, well, I'm not up to my full calibur - I'm running off of a trail version of Microsoft Office 2010 until I can get the 2007 version (my stepmom has the discs and she's in Albuquerque...) I should have something up tomorrow, though!

The Gypsy Queen
07-05-2010, 04:17 AM
Yay! Hi bliss!

rabbit
07-05-2010, 04:21 AM
We're out of time and all we've got is four minutes, chikachika, four minutes.

D: That's the song that goes around in my head whenever I think about this roleplay. -Sobs.-

Also, why are there no young, straight men in this roleplay that is not a professor? :\

Shepherd
07-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Also, why are there no young, straight men in this roleplay that is not a professor? :\

Lol!!! Just lucky I guess. ;-P

The Gypsy Queen
07-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Hey bi works! XD

*drool* Hot young bi guys...

Shepherd
07-05-2010, 04:26 AM
I will have to agree with Gypsy on this.... bi is best

rabbit
07-05-2010, 04:27 AM
T~T But there aren't even bi guys!

John
07-05-2010, 04:28 AM
Isn't Lake's character straight? Can't say whether or not he's cute though.

rabbit
07-05-2010, 04:28 AM
WAIT I FORGOT LAKE IS STRAIGHT! YAY!

sorry for double post... >.>;

Yaaaay for posting at the same time as Naz. Oooh, Ninja Naz...
And yeah. He is pretty attractive...

Shepherd
07-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Ignore this, I'm dumb, was thinking of shatter's char

rabbit
07-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Noope. :D He's a student! -Happy dance.-

John
07-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Well then, there ya go. Better get em quick, two other straight women out there XD

Shepherd
07-05-2010, 04:35 AM
I said ignore that :P

The Gypsy Queen
07-05-2010, 04:35 AM
lol The prof is bi! and played by a very excited hugh jackman. What's not to love?

Also, props to Shepherd. Bi is where it's at.

Mysteria
07-05-2010, 04:36 AM
bi, straight, who cares? sexy is sexy. ;)

John
07-05-2010, 04:39 AM
lol The prof is bi!

And spoken for...sort of XD

And well said Mysti.

Shepherd
07-05-2010, 04:40 AM
it matters if you are trying to land them, trust me ;)

rabbit
07-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Rotfl, Shep ♥

Mysteria
07-05-2010, 04:46 AM
wait, shatter is a prof, correct

and LOL at Shep!

John
07-05-2010, 04:48 AM
Yes he is.

Black
07-05-2010, 05:21 AM
wait, what???

Damonique
07-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Please tell me this is just OOC banter and that this whole thing won't turn into a sexual drama. If so, I quit immediately. I also noticed that despite being technically you, male, and straight, noone mentioned Aerin in that category.

You rightly theorized that he is more or less asexual.

John
07-05-2010, 06:15 AM
While the RP is in no way intended to be a sexual drama, I will not tell players their characters can't go for a romp if they like; as long as it stays within the boundaries of RPA rules. XD

Black
07-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Rofl, I don't intend on doing any sexual drama. Theres that much leastwise.

à la Mode
07-05-2010, 08:43 AM
On that note, this RP is completely void of any lesbians. Now that, friends, is sexual drama.
...at least on Lyndon B Johnson's behalf of affirmative action.

^_^

Shatter, your pic of Professor Cross is in error. Is this just me and my defunct computer?

Black
07-05-2010, 08:55 AM
No, It was a picture of House MD but Photobucket appears to be retarded.

Damonique
07-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm not saying that people can't do whatever the hell they like with their characters, so long as I don't have to hear about it in detail. Personally I'll keep my characters interactions with other characters personal lives to logical observations and quips about the triviality of it all. I plan on making him a "Voice of Reason" character to keep the focus on the overreaching plot.

For now, at least, anyway.

John
07-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Wait....there's a plot? XD Anyway, need two more people to post and then things can move along.

Damonique
07-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Whenever a plot exposes itself, at least. People need to start getting to the physics department so we can start this thing for real. Aerin has been wandering aimlessly looking for that lab for the last two days.

à la Mode
07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
I concur, I'll be writing up my next post so Alexander will be there, but as Naz is saying, we've yet to be introduced to the beautiful Sarah Brandt and Alice DuBurg.

So excited to have us all here, and to have this story going!! -dance-

Damonique
07-06-2010, 06:38 PM
True. They need to post soon. Personally, I find the cast of this RP a bit too large for my tastes. It takes too long to get everyone properly introduced.

John
07-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Funny, it's actually smaller than what i'm used to running.

à la Mode
07-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Personally, Jansen, I find it appropriate to give the GM(s) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4) of an RP respect, trust in the plot that they allow me to be a part of, and to reserve patience for all the writers to help create a worthy story. ^_^

Though it's only in the beginning stages, Out of Time has me in anticipation to read more of each individual style toward a similar goal, and, of course, writing!!

Thanks Naz and Gypsy. :adoration:

The Gypsy Queen
07-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Aww... no thank you hun! We love working with creative minds like you!

Damonique
07-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Why does everyone read my casual comments so seriously? It was just an observation, I wasn't criticizing the GM's or the RP or members. I have no doubt that Naz can keep it under control, not to mention the larger number of RP'ers will do us well in the long run later, making sure the RP doesn't get too bogged down because one or two people can't post.

I'm in it just to write, really, and as an oppurtunity to be in one of the Nazgypsy RP's, which always seem to turn out great in most cases I've seen.

Mysteria
07-07-2010, 12:01 AM
a naz/gypsy creation is always a winner, thats for certain!!

Black
07-07-2010, 12:01 AM
People taking me seriously when im just commenting casually on something annoys me o.o

Shepherd
07-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Cause its the internet so things like tone and inflection are lost. Even the simplest joke can come across as serious criticism depending on how its read. One of the downsides inherent in this form of communication.

Mysteria
07-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Shatter you don't annoy me, you just scare me.
Get outa from under my bed would ya dude!! XD

And Shepherd, exactly. Tone and etc can not be heard on the net. Its one of it's greatest downfalls!

Damonique
07-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Indeed it is. Okay then, unless its apparently stated otherwise, I mean anything that could be read as criticism as merely casual observation being textualized(internet inverse of vocalized) out of boredom. That wasn't even as much of criticism as merely an allusion to my personal preferences when it comes to RP'ing. By no means did I, or do I ever, mean to insult my homeboy Naz or the lovely Gypsy Queen*

*Mostly because they scare me

Mysteria
07-07-2010, 12:09 AM
They both scare me, but in a good way!!

Oh shush Gypsy!! XD

Shepherd
07-07-2010, 12:14 AM
But the only thing to fear is fear itself... right?

The Gypsy Queen
07-07-2010, 12:15 AM
O,o

So confused. I should never look away from this thread.

There was praise in there somewhere. I'm blushing. Gonna go hide now and convince myself of my own inferiority. :D

Mysteria
07-07-2010, 12:27 AM
But the only thing to fear is fear itself... right?

Absolutely Shepherd!!

and gypsy, tsk tsk...stop that darn blushin gal!

Black
07-07-2010, 03:06 AM
So I say Naz, Mysti, Gyps, Anne, and Septimus get together and begin plans for a super awesome rp of super awesomeness, then invite me to it so I can be like "Im having fun! woo!!"

Seriously though, I'd like to see what Naz, Mysti, Gyps, Anne, and Septimus can do when they all put their great rpin skills together to come up with an RP. And anyone else who can toss in ideas too! = D

Though now that I've wrote this I realize this is the wrong place for it.

Damonique
07-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Probably.

Black
07-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Probably.

"NAWWWW ITS OKAY SHATTER, WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!"

This is the answer I was looking for. You're not a very positive person.

Damonique
07-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Nah, I'm the negative to the worlds positive.

Black
07-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Nah, I'm the negative to the worlds positive.

Not something to be proud of bro.

The Gypsy Queen
07-07-2010, 03:24 AM
I flattered that I made that list but honestly I wouldn't want to ruin Mysti's, Septimus's or Anne's RPs with my clutter. :D naz already lets me bumble his up.

Shepherd
07-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Nawwww it's okay shatter, we all love you!!!

Damn I broke that commandment thingy about lying again.

Damonique
07-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Not something to be proud of bro.

Yes it is.

Black
07-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Ah you're all nice people. I'll see you all in RPA hell. AKA The recycle box when Anne kicks our asses with a light red boot.

Shepherd
07-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Can we sign up for that? Or do you have to be *really* naughty? XD

Black
07-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Creepy dood. Creepy.

Lerouge
07-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey I'ma ninja join this RP K? K.

Damonique
07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Uh....we sorta already got a cast together. Aren't we still waiting on a sheet from the last ninja-joiner? I forget.

Lerouge
07-07-2010, 09:10 PM
I already talked to Naz about it in private

Damonique
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Oh, okay. Then get a sheet up, man!

Naz needs to get another GM post up.

Lerouge
07-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Another GM post? For why?

Shepherd
07-07-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm sure there is still room, Naz did mention he was still accepting a while back, I doubt that's changed as we haven't gotten much farther in

Lerouge
07-07-2010, 09:15 PM
He kinda told me to apply lol

John
07-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Naz is still accepting...though I can't speak for Gypsy XD And a GM post will be coming soon, as in Gypsy's post, when she has time. Hopefully others who need to post will by then.

Lerouge
07-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey if Gypsy isn't accepting I'll convince her ~.^

Lerouge
07-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Name: Tristan Reid

Pic: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/singh2266/ya.png
Profession: Student Major: Music Minor: English

Languages Spoken: English, French

Sexuality: Bi-Sexual

Personality: Tristan tends to be the quiet one in a group the one absorbed into his own mind rather than with the world around him. He is normally found sitting under a tree with his guitar strumming his fingers lazily over the strings as he stares into the sky. Lazy to almost a crime unless It matters and yet extremely polite with others.
Bio: Tristan’s family was rich and like many rich parents they barely knew they even had a son until the day he was 18 and expected to come into the family business. As a young child he was raised by maids and butlers who wanted nothing more to fulfill his every wish and need which is great until his wishes and needs revolved around being alone. He spent most of his time indoors including his home schooling and his life revolved around trying to escape from what he considered his “prison.”

Once he hit 18 his father wanted him to go to MIT and study business so that one day he could be able to take control of the business, however, he wanted to enter for music since it was his main passion throughout his childhood. Sadly, his father completely disagreed and after he entered the university and applied with Music as his major he was cut off financially. He works 2 jobs to try and continue his education and the school hoping to make it “big” on his own.

(ehh you know me and bio's I hate them unless they provide something crucial... but yeah whatever)

The Gypsy Queen
07-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Glee! Lulu! *glomps* Accepted accepted accepted! XD

Black
07-07-2010, 11:47 PM
Sheesh everyones bi sexual these days.. o.O

The Gypsy Queen
07-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Cause that's where the party's at. ^,~

Lerouge
07-07-2010, 11:53 PM
awww djigga!!!!

The Gypsy Queen
07-07-2010, 11:59 PM
hee hee precisely.

Mysteria
07-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Lelu!!! Awesome!!

The Gypsy Queen
07-08-2010, 12:22 AM
a game is always better with Lulu.

Lerouge
07-08-2010, 12:23 AM
I duno about that I have been super rusty >_>

Cleopatra
07-08-2010, 12:59 AM
So... yesterday I turned 21... which means I've been at parties of various kinds for like the past week and half (my family believes in week-long birthdays and two for special birthdays) so I'll have a post in a bit.

Black
07-08-2010, 03:34 AM
fun! = D

rabbit
07-08-2010, 03:36 AM
I swear to bob I'll have a post up. -Is drug around, ankle tied to the writer's-block-for-this-character Ick-creature.-

John
07-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Happy Bday Ruby. And no worries to you or Bliss. And yeah, the writer's block sucks doesn't it? Sometimes a co op can help, just a thought.

Damonique
07-08-2010, 04:15 AM
I noticed that Naz changed his name.

John
07-08-2010, 04:17 AM
More an alteration than a change. :nazgul:

Black
07-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Yeah. I was wondering why the JGC bit was in there.

John
07-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Actually it was JCG, but anyway, gather round kids and I will tell you a story.

Once long ago, back when the internet was still relatively new, Naz bought a computer. He found some sites online that he wanted to use. In order to use them, he had to create an account and offer up his first born male child in order to play euchre online. So he did and decided to use the name Nazgul.

However, some pretender to the name came along before him. Still, Naz would not be deterred and added the initials JCG, form the name given to him by his parents. Finally Naz found RPA and continued to use the JCG.

As Naz became more evil, he realized that he was the only Nazgul on the site and gave up the name his parents gave him to be pure Nazgul.

The End

So now you know. Now let us eat pie :nazgul:

Black
07-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Speaking of changing names, how does one do this? Iwas looking through my UCP but couldn't find it.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5jzRyWaFew&feature=PlayList&p=D22DB55EC9701731&playnext_from=PL&index=4

John
07-08-2010, 04:33 AM
To change a name, contact an admin

Damonique
07-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Because on the other forums he used the name on, just "Nazgul" was already taken, I guess.

John
07-08-2010, 04:40 AM
@ Jansen: Did you not like my story? I...I'm crushed. It worked on it for hours *sobs* It came form my very soul and now *cries* i can't go on. I'm sorry...Goodbye cruel world *dies in an explosion of Skittles*

Black
07-08-2010, 04:44 AM
Poor naz. Ah well. SKITTLZ*omnomnom* they taste like pure evil.

Shepherd
07-08-2010, 04:54 AM
So... yesterday I turned 21... which means I've been at parties of various kinds for like the past week and half (my family believes in week-long birthdays and two for special birthdays) so I'll have a post in a bit.

Congrats Ruby, my friend turns 21 on the 18th and I'm gonna get her SSSSOOOOOO wasted, its gonna be great, hope yours was fun.

Lerouge
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Ummm... quick question before I post. Did Sadie send the same email to everyone or were people just being lazy and copy/pasting stuff from other people?

John
07-08-2010, 04:39 PM
You would have actually recieved a different email, which would read as follows;

"Hey there

Come to Professor Keyes' lab at 5:00. I have something you just have to see. Hope you can make it.

XOXOXO

Sadie"

Lerouge
07-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Heh I saw that but it just seemed too... I dunno romanticy of a email to come see something. I can do it but everyone else did the same thing and you know my obsessiveness with variety.

Damonique
07-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Thats just all Sadie does. She just sent a mass email.

She sent the original one to my pale, creepy looking mathematician despite him only being invited because he had done some considerable amount of work on the temporal algorithms.

Lerouge
07-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Well that's mostly what I wanted to know so I could note in my post that she sent it to a number of people. It's details like that which always catch my eye in posts but I didn't know for sure.

Damonique
07-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah, she sent the same Email to everybody.

John
07-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, she sent the same Email to everybody.

Actually, in my post she sent a second message at the end. That would have been the one Lu's character got

Lerouge
07-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Heh you know me Naz... post incoming one you and I figure out in PM what we want to do

John
07-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Nice post Lu....now where are those other two XD

Damonique
07-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Indeed.

Black
07-09-2010, 01:23 AM
read Ruby Antoinette's post and loved it, looked up her bio character and noticed the picture.

opened the picture and read the text.
What happens if I've already been laid and I can still read the text?

The Gypsy Queen
07-09-2010, 01:31 AM
You are the first and shall be honored. XD

I can read it though and I know no one here is questioning my bedroom experience.

Black
07-09-2010, 02:40 AM
XD

Cleopatra
07-09-2010, 03:09 AM
read Ruby Antoinette's post and loved it, looked up her bio character and noticed the picture.

opened the picture and read the text.
What happens if I've already been laid and I can still read the text?

XD Well I'm glad you like it. I thought it was too short but the humor would make up for that. Hopefully... Maybe.

Damonique
07-09-2010, 03:13 AM
Whoa, BA new avvy/sig, Ruby.

Cleopatra
07-09-2010, 03:14 AM
I'm assuming BA is badass. Which is good.

I think. XD

Lerouge
07-09-2010, 03:28 PM
It should be BAMF imo ^^

The Gypsy Queen
07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
I swear I will post today. Now that I've slept and relaxed some and been convinced that life is good.

Damonique
07-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes, BA means bad ass, and it is a good thing.

Black
07-10-2010, 01:43 AM
So who are we waiting on?

John
07-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Bliss is still suffering form her writer's block, which I completely understand. So that would mean we are waiting on Gypsy.

The Gypsy Queen
07-10-2010, 01:51 AM
D: I'm alive and stuff! Crazy day was crazy. Full of new furniture and stuff.

John
07-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Very nice. What'd you get? Eh? Tel us. Do eeeet. XD