PDA

View Full Version : [M] A Modern Day Myth (lexen x Gin)

lexen
09-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Rated M for sensual scenes, substance use and vivid violence.

A Modern Day Myth

Two beings, unhuman in nature, find themselves in the modern world. Their own lives filled with strange inconsistencies that press against their own need and the reactions of the humans. For a banshee this means trying to drop written notes at the door steps of those she can foresee dying within the next few days. Humans who have found the consistency between the notes and deaths have begun to believe that it is a warning from a murderer. Matched with some recent stalkers, the woman is starting to find herself into quite the dilemma. The other creature is up in the air, to be revealed at a later date.

SEASON - S U M M E R: early night, around seven.
EVENTS - S P E E D D A T I N G: the two start off sitting down to meet each other. A few posts of welcoming banter to open into the robber's dilemma.
LOCATION - A restaurant down town. Fairly well known for it's steaks; however, tonight it has been rented out for the 'Datingpalooza' which features individuals from 18 - 30 looking for another to at least waste a few minutes with.

lexen
09-01-2013, 02:31 AM
http://role-player.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3871&d=1378073973
Evelin Addis

The Banshee :: Restaurant

Her lips pursed. Their curled form flashing back at her from the mirror. "Well then, Miss Addis, aren't you a catch.' She joked while turning in her reflection to examine the clothing. It was a deep blue sundress that was relatively plain with a white polka-dot pattern. It made her blue eyes seem so bright in comparison. Perhaps that was one good thing about this body, she deemed while sporting a smile. The form changed every few decades. The one before was an elderly latino woman. It wasn't that bad - past the fact that she was the stereotypical maid for a rich family. Truth was: Evelin hated cleaning. There were few things she hated more than feeling that dirty cloth under hand and smelling that stinging scent of lemon. Ick. It sent shivers down her spine. But those old memories were tossed away. She had bigger things to worry about.

Letting one foot lead the other, Evelin left her home. Her hands almost stumbling over themselves as she locked the door and shoved the key away. She was always nervous when leaving her home. Recently there were people, strangers, who watched her. She could feel it. She could see it. Their eyes were cruel in nature. Dark and silent. Bad intentions plastered across every inch of their features. It wasn't because of her face. No, it was not her body or gender that inspired these feeling. It wasn't even who she was. It was what she did. The writing, the walking, the delivering. They thought she was a killer. After centuries of life, Evelin had never met such careful people. She was used the callings of being a 'witch' or something stranger. People, she remembered, would have no proof and would let her suffer for sins and curses. That was fine - banshees felt no pain and bodies showed no scores - but she hated the watching. It was why she had decided to start mingling with the humans romantically. Perhaps seeing she was busy with others, they would leave her alone. There were strengths in numbers, she thought. It was her only thought as the woman escaped from the falling sun into a building.

It was a restaurant but it didn't smell of food. No, the kitchen was closed. In place of loud families dining and chatting were a set of single tables with two chairs. One on each side. A sprinkle of awkward members sitting every which way. The rest of the calming scene was tainted with several bright signs. The name "dating-paloza" scattered everywhere with arrows leading people towards a long white table. Two women, around forty, sat there. Large grins on their lips as they greeted and laughed. Her hands directing as their eyes were looking to the next person to serve. Evelin walked up soon after a large man strutted away. "Oh my, looks like we have another narcissist." She joked under her breath as her attention was taken by one of the women. They asked for a name, number and money. They got those in order before slapping a name tag on her lower shoulder and pushing her away to the table labelled "6". It left Evelin feeling slightly conned.

Regret, Evelin identified while sitting down. That was her feeling. It wasn't so much conned as feeling that this wouldn't work. Could such a creature find a man that wouldn't appear suspicious with her? Odd, she was, and odd he would have to be. He would have to be easily tricked to not notice her little note business. If he were smart, well, perhaps the man would send her to jail before those strange stalkers did. That was another fear completely. While awkwardly fiddling with the white napkin on the table, Evelin mulled over the whole thing. Perhaps this little innocent act of trying to date would be her nail in the coffin.

OOC :: Sorry, photobucket is being a dick so...character picture is will be added later. Think redhead, lots of freckles on her nose and cheeks. Nice blue eyes. Pretty sleek face but a slightly broader chin.

Raindrop
09-01-2013, 04:15 AM
So yeah his wings are not there for normal people and normal circumstances but I figure they might be during the story.
http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/19855/angel-rocker-art-classic.jpg
Mikeal Winters

The Fylgja :: Restaurant

A good long stare in the mirror of the restaurants toilets, Mikeal was nervous and long had he wished just to, meet someone, become friends or whichever. Mikeal is a musician and nothing more then a local one at that and working with his given gift and mission as a Fylgja to top it all usually left Mikeal quite alone and seeing so much happen to people and of course, since he can't save em, well, guard them all, Mikeal knows life is to precious to live alone. Mikeal had green-blueish eyes for a mix that was unusually clear as thin blue circle around his green eyes lifted forward, the doctors called a version of having different colored eyes though it happened to both his eyes instead of taking an eye each... Well, that is the simple explanation Mikeal had given and being about the end of his twenties it was frustrating to never have anyone to talk to, this is what his music was all about, the loneliness in the world, at the same time, he sung about the little things in life that was worth living for, however he bet that no woman would want to hear about such a boring thing as song writing.
"Come on Mikeal, you can do this right?" Mikeal told himself and splashed water onto his face before looking himself into the mirror again, It will be alright, right, so pull yourself together. He thought to himself once more before pulling back his semi wet hair in a lightly messy yet looking good kind of way.

Mikeal was shown earlier were to sit, but out of all places why would it be seven? It was like someone wanted to make him laugh as if a joke about seventh heaven, which he was kind of certain did not existed, but then again, what would he know, after all, his kind was for real and so were a few others and the fact that he too was a form of what people would call, an angel, it was not the typical sort of angel people figured it out to be. Mikeal was the kind that could only do so much to help, he was more the kind to guide and leave hints of intuition for people, like a wind through a curtain or whispering thought to another person, just enough to hear but not truly know, it was all about how open they were to his advice and guidance, after all, such was his mission in life. Why? Because, well at least Mikeal figured it was, destiny needed tools and without tools things could go wrong for its chosen path.

Sitting at his spot he looked around the area around him and dully taking note that the room was increasing with people and more and more people sat down at their spot, many women looked interesting in a way, but Mikeal knew better then to trust an appearance or more so, what seemed interesting. Mikeal was in good cover for what he truly was, being a musician, in fact a guitar player and singer at that, he was considered a depressed and lonely guy in his neighborhood and all in all he was usually left alone except for a few nice people greeting him and what not.
But the truth was, Mikeal was not depressed, just lonely in his situation in life, something he was tired of being.
28 years ago, Mikeal was reincarnated at earth to full fill a duty he was chosen carry for his people, the memory loss of what had been before was close to complete, but sometimes late at night would he dream about a past since long forgotten and that also on earth. It was usually in a form of nightmare and it put him afraid at night, the darkness crept so close by but knowing better, the real danger was that which was alive.

A light sigh escaped Mikeal as he started staring into thin air, Can't it start already? he asked himself in thoughts while closing his hands together and resting his forehead onto his knitted hands.

lexen
09-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Evelin Addis

A man appeared before her. He sat proud with a rather impressive mustache covering his top lip which he petted incessantly. His black eyes looking up and down her form from behind the table. 'Pig' was the first word to come to mind as she flashed him a look of displeasure. Her hands began to ruffle with the white napkin more intensely. This truly was a bad idea.

'Allo,' He began, his right hand still touching his face while his left moved give her an odd wave, 'How are choo? He gave a wink that turned Evelin right off. She tried for a nervous smile, but it turned out to be more of an awkward frown. "Um...maybe we should wait for them to begin the dating bit, yes?" She asked, hopeful he would oblige. Of course, he didn't. "Ouu, you a saucy one. I like that." Another wink and another frown. She just tried to look away but the man continued talking. He was saying something about his manhood and the cleanliness of the bathroom and something rubber he had in his pocket. She tried not to listen. Oh gosh, how Evelin tried not to listen. It was only when one of the greeter women moved to the center of the room that Evelin found rest. The grand woman began to speak.

"Now listen, Dates! Two minutes a date, then we ring the bell and the men move to the next number! Drop one of your three phone number cards to a date you liked! Then it's up to you! Good luck!"

With that, the first bell rang and the odd man started up again. He said something about time after the date rally and not needing to give him her number since moments of passion are only moments. Evelin could feel her face growing red. Red and annoyed. Still, she patiently just tapped her hand against the table and kept her eyes from meeting his. It felt like hours but eventually the bell rang and the man moved. With one last wink he told her he would meet her after. The banshee just replied, "Good luck with that." Before her blue eyes turned to the next character.

All those that followed after were lack luster. Each had their vices and were far too shy or eager to match her properly. She did, however, drop one card off to that narcissistic man - she did like those muscles. But then something clouded her mind. Death was somewhere about. Her eyes desperately tried to find the source but failed. The only thing coming towards her was the last date of the evening. She sniffed as quietly as she could. Another sniff. This man, he smelled strange. He smelled of death, yet, not death. Something was off. While offering up her name, the girl dropped her phone card to him, "I'm Evelin and I dare say I find you interesting already." She grinned, unsure of how the man would react. She just wanted to know where he got that smell from.

Raindrop
09-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Mikeal Winters

Woman, after woman, all the same stereotypes he figured them to be and all of them ignorant, not interested, even when he pulled the who are you and tell me about yourself cards they were dull and obscenely self centered, nothing of which he would consider, someone whom had a chance at his heart, they lacked warmth and if they didn't they lacked honesty and feared the truth would scare him away, in the end it was either lies or the cold that made him not want to try harder then necessary. It was not like Mikeal had never had an intimate moment, especially days were things were all but good and life took its toll on him.

Table by table, fiercely challenging to get by in so many ways, well sure there was like one or two that interested him a little, but non of which he gave his card to, one was a musician like him and the other one, well a philosopher of sorts but the type he knew all too well. Someone whom deemed life less worthy then money and was brought to by a somewhat rich family, something he generally found less appealing. It was not until the last table it came to be when he was greeted with a very pleasant, well smile? whatever it was he statement was that she was interested in him without even starting to talk, coming to think about it, she had a weird, something about her, it was hard to come through but, she was different to say the least, not by appearance or anything, just... Different.

"Ah, hello Evelin, the name is Mikeal and I dare to say the same thing about you." Mikeal said and gazed down on the floor a bit and then back up and maintained eye contact with her, "So I gotta hand it to you, you know how to dress, but mostly I am more intrigued with what you have to say about me? I mean, you found me interesting before I even sat down, why?" Mikeal cought straight to the chase and kept eyes locked onto hers, sitting relaxed and while adding a smile touched by shyness at that. If she is pulling my leg with this I am done dating... Forever. Mikeal thought and laughed inside his mind.

lexen
09-02-2013, 12:25 AM
Evelin Addis

She watched him, her smiling not failing as he replied. Actually, his return comment strengthened her grin. Eying him carefully, she was surprised by his retort. It was so forward. Perhaps she would be forward as well...that was until she reconsidered what she would say. Telling someone they smelled of death was probably not the best move. Instead she made up some lie, "Your eyes, Mikeal. They're....different." Slouching forward, she rested her arms on the table while keeping her attention on his face. Subtly taking in that scent of death as she watched. It wasn't that she enjoyed the smell of death. It was more the fact that humans rarely smelled so strongly of it unless they were dead. Even those on their last breath had a less concealed scent than this man and she had to know why. Perhaps, just perhaps, he was a mass murderer. It could explain it...maybe. But then came the headache.

It was sore and continuous. The pressure in her skull tight against the bone walls. She pressed a hand against her head as she scrambled into the small shoulder bag wrapped around the back of her chair. Her free hand pushing around the mess until finally lifting with a notepad in hand. It was black leather covering with just a simple golden word etched into the front, "Serenity". It meant little to the girl, but she found it attractive. But now was not the time. Muttering lightly, she flipped open the book and began to scribble down some thing that her company couldn't see, "Sorry, sorry. I forgot to take my medication this morning. I get headaches often. Just writing a note to remind myself when I get home." She hoped that explanation would suffice. On the page, however, she wrote:

Dear Steven,
Your time is near.
Take heed.

It was rather nice writing, if she said so herself. It made it even better when the pain slowed. All was left was to deliver the page. With a nervous smile to her company, the girl slowly ripped the page out of the book and folded it up. She held onto the bit of paper while the book found its way back into her sack. While trying to not draw too much attention away from her date, her eyes began to look around. Their black core flickering back and forth. The person, whoever they would be, would appear red in her vision; however, none did. This was the worst situation ever. It didn't help that when she looked over her shoulder, the woman noticed something frightful. Four figures stood just outside the doors of the establishment. Their heads covered with black masks. One of them was glowing red in her eyes. "Oh no..." She murmured under her breath before looking back to Mikeal, "Do you know those guys with the masks?" She tried joking with a rather strained grin. Things were not looking good.

Raindrop
09-02-2013, 05:43 AM
Mikeal Winters

My eyes ey? is honesty so hard to get by? Mikeal thought to himself and looked around a bit before locking eyes with her again and taking a breath to reply when suddenly Evelin got a headache and started writing something and things actually happened quite fast.
Mikeal wanted to ask if she was alright but she was on edge before him, replying to his question if she was alright, he still somehow doubted she was, it looked painful enough but there was nothing that indicated she might need guidance in this, no signs for it anywhere, in fact, non at all... Weird. was all he thought about this all and the current moment he had finished thinking she came up with another question, asking Mikeal if he knew the guys outside. "No, why do you ask?" Mikeal asked getting slightly pulled in by interest again, she seemed a bit, distracted at the moment and it bother him, what kind of interest did he hold for her anyway? "Look if you want to go to another place and take a coffée, I am all yours, these environments tend to, stress people out, I mean with all the pressure and all." Mikeal asked nicely and locking his eyes on her with a lightly tilted head, adding a nice smile for her to trust in.