PDA

View Full Version : X-Men: The Next Generation

Crow
06-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Coco awoke to find that she had slept on the roof of the school again, Her long hair blew in the breeze caused by the high altitude. She looked out to see the light clouds and slowly began to daydream.

Bia
06-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Joanna had been awake for a few hours now. She had been sitting in the bushes, hidden from view. She preferred to be as completely covered by plants as possible. She felt the plants contentedness and she found herself being content too. She stroked a soft green leaf absently when her watch binged-oh crap, she had to get to class. She stood up, brushing the dirt off her bright yellow sundress.

As she stood up and hurried inside she noticed black hair flying on the school roof. Coco she told herself. They often saw each other early in the morning like this, both of them preferred to be outside. She shook her head and ran inside.

Crow
06-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Coco looked down to see a girl running into the school, she gave off an angry, yet dissapointing sigh as she then turned to the edge and began to crawl down a drainage pipe. She passed by a teacher's window and the teacher looked dumbfounded at her before Coco gave her respectful nod and a wink before crawling the rest of the way down and into the school.

Alice
06-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Nikki slowly made her way through the trees and bushes, keeping her eyes on the one light violet flower. When she finally reached it, she leaned down and caressed the flower's petals with her fingers. Trillium, from the family of lilies, she thought to herself. The three-petaled flower was a beaut, it was. Carefully, Nikki picked the flower and straightened up. She concentrated, and in a few seconds the flower was exhibited inside a small dark crystal sphere. Nikki held it up to the sun, and the crystal sparkled.

With the frozen flower in her hand, Nikki made her way back to the school. Classes were about to begin, and it wouldn't help if the girl was late on her first day at the academy.

Crow
06-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Coco looked at her shedule and saw that she had ability control first. She rolled her eyes and made her way into the classroom, it had a few people in it and she hoped that the classroom size wouldn't grow much bigger. She took a seat in a dark corner and began to fiddle with her mannicured black nails.

Alice
06-27-2010, 01:02 AM
When Nikki got to her dorm, she placed the frozen flower in her pocket, and started searching for the schedule she had been given when she had arrived. She found it between the layers of clothes waiting to be shelved, in her backpack. After skimming over the paper a few times, she dropped it on her bed and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. Walking around the school all day with the paper in hand seemed too attention-attracting, and she didn't want to make the fact that she was new too obvious.

Nikki skipped down the steps, and found the classroom right away. She entered quietly and walked to the back, so as not to attract any attention. She especially didn't want a big introduction by the teacher, where she knew she would make some stupid mistake and make a fool of herself. The frozen flower bumped against her thigh, which made it hard to concentrate, so she took it out and held it in her hands.

Crow
06-27-2010, 01:12 AM
Coco glanced over at the new student who walked in, Her red eyes popping out of the darkened corner. Her attention then turned to the door as the teacher walked in.

The teacher walked into the room "Ah, good morning class. I am professor Everfrost and welcome to Ability Control" she said as she bowed to the class lightly "I do beleive I see some new faces in this group so, why don't we do a little exercise to get to know everyone"

Familiar
06-27-2010, 01:39 AM
The teacher walked into the room "Ah, good morning class. I am professor Everfrost and welcome to Ability Control" she said as she bowed to the class lightly "I do beleive I see some new faces in this group so, why don't we do a little exercise to get to know everyone"

"This place is going to be nice!" Janus thought to himself "Interesting classes, nice rooms..." Quickly switching back to his dorm room now, where a small bot was slowing getting things set up. "...cute girls, this could be good! Wait. This is a school for mutants Janus, you have to get smarter about this. Those types of thoughts are going to get you in trouble. No thinking things that could offend someone, at least no one psychic. Be careful about that. But if you think about not thinking about it, are you still thinking about it?" Sighing, Janus gave up on the train of thought, desperately hoping that there wasn't anyone around with an affinity for mind reading. When he got back to his room, he resolved, he was going to plug part of his mind into a radio. Maybe that would do something. Probably not.

Regardless, this was not the time to be thinking of that. Ability control. Little exercise. Focus on this.

Alice
06-27-2010, 03:45 AM
Nikki's eyes scanned the room, pausing a little more on some faces than others.
A school for the gifted. I wonder if all of the students have.. special abilities? Soon enough, a professor walked into the room. She mouthed the usual introduction teachers give, and finished by saying that they'd be doing a little "exercise" to get to know each other. Oh no. Please don't make me introduce myself. Oh please, and I'll love you forever, Nikki thought the silent prayer. She clutched the frozen flower, unaware that her knuckles were turning pale.

Bia
06-27-2010, 04:13 AM
Joanna hurried into the room just as the teacher was introducing herself. Her bright yellow sundress was hard to miss however and the teacher caught her eye as she was sitting down. Thankfully though, Everfrost didn't pursue it and she was able to sit in her seat without repercussion.

She looked around the classroom, mentally making note of where everyone was sitting and checking out any students she didn't recognize. The "exercise" or whatever sounded a little lame, but whatever, at least she might get to see everyone elses powers. She looked up, bad move, the fluorescents shined painfully in her eyes and Joanna had to shade her eyes and fumble clumsily for her sunglasses before she slipped them on, sighing happily. At least they provided some relief.

Crow
06-27-2010, 12:08 PM
"Alright, everybody up and into a circle" the professor said as she stood up and notioned over to the empty half of the classroom used for training "Now, I want you to explain 3 things about you to the rest of the class and show us a bit of what your gift is" she said as she smiled sweetly.

Coco rolled her eyes as she then slipped back on her gloves to protect the other people that would be close by. Her long black hair trailed over parts of her face as she slowly stood up and made her way to the other side of the class, she truly hated speaking since she doesn't know much about the way people speak the English language fluently.

Yamimoon
06-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Ryan was new to the school, and had found it a lot easier to navigate than the streets. He had been given a schedule, and a map on the day that he arrived, and knew that this was going to be his new home… maybe. He had been a loner for so long he didn’t know if he was suited for this kind of life, and also didn’t know when his other half would grow tired of this. He was awake the whole time that his other personality, or the other side of his personality was awake. He never worried about it to much for they were of the same mind some times, but he usually didn’t like staying in one place for to long. He only hoped that this might be different.

He had made his way down the hall towards his first class, when he passed a clock, and saw that he was going to be a little late walking in. He quickly entered the room, not to sure that using his powers would be a good thing. He took a seat, and waited for the teacher to say something about him being late, but nothing was said.

"Alright, everybody up and into a circle" the professor said as she stood up and notioned over to the empty half of the classroom used for training "Now, I want you to explain 3 things about you to the rest of the class and show us a bit of what your gift is" she said as she smiled sweetly.

Ryan had just sat down when this was said, and now he was already back onto his feet. He watched and fallowed his fellow class mates to the designated spot, and waited. He figured that the teacher would be the first to introduce herself to the class, like teachers did when he did go to school. So he waited in the circle.

Crow
06-27-2010, 12:45 PM
"Ok, now that everyone is here. I'll begin" the professor said softly "I am Professor Jane Everfrost" she said smiling as she bowed "I've taught at this school for about 23 years now and I am alot older than I actually look" she said as she closed her eyes and then a soft powdery snow began to fall, but it wasn't cold and it didn't touch the ground "My gift is illusionism" she said smiling. "Now, let's see.... who shall go next" she said thinking "Ah, how about you? the blonde girl in the sunglasses" she said smiling.

Alice
06-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Nikki sprang up from her chair and drifted into the crowd of students as they entered the hallway. When she gazed around the crowd, she caught a new face in the midst of them. A blonde-haired guy, who was looking a bit uncomfortable.
Nikki turned back to Everfrost as she started to speak. A lot older than she actually looks? Wow. The girl had never ever in her whole 16-year-old life met a woman who would actually admit such a fact. It was a bit amusing.
When the soft, white snowflakes appeared, Nikki was taken aback. Such a gift.. She considered the countless possibilities of such powers. Amazing.
As Everfrost finished, Nikki held her breath as she announced the student who would demonstrate next. She released her breath when it was announced that it wasn't her.

Crow
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Coco stood around in the crowd, with her arms folded slightly. She really didn't want people to see her ability, especially if people had been following the news about her and what had happened 2 years ago at her school.

Bia
06-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Joanna was mesmerized by the snowflakes, they were so pretty! This was awesome..she couldn't wait to see everyones-- Just then Everfrost called on her. Joanna gulped, how was she going to explain her power? She didn't even really get it herself...She glanced frantically about the room, and saw that the Professor had small cactus by her desk, perfect.

"Um," Joanna began in her soft summery voice "I can connect with plants...I can feel what they are feeling and if I concentrate, I can get them to do stuff..Here let me show you" she hurried over to the cactus and picked it up, immediately bonding with it. It was sort of thirsty, but it was nothing it couldn't handle, after all it was made for the desert. Everfrost had been kind enough to it...in fact, it was so happy it was almost ready to bloom.

Joanna closed her eyes and prompted the cactus, it felt a little wary at first but in a moment it gave in and the bright red flower sprang out from the top, popping into bloom. She was so into it she almost felt as if she were blooming, coming alive if you will. She smiled and opened her eyes, feeling refreshed and renewed. And took her place back in the circle. Glad her turn was over.

Crow
06-27-2010, 05:49 PM
The professor smiled "Very good" she said as she gave her a hand "Now, let's see who will go next... How about you pick, Joanna?" she said softly.

Familiar
06-27-2010, 06:00 PM
"Much older than she looks, and she's an illusionist... So we've been under her spell ever since she walked into the classroom. I wonder just how far she can push an illusion? Either way, that's a truly broken level of power..."

Janus' mind whirring with the thoughts of the illusionist, both the sheer possibilities that such a power presented, as well as how it might be possible to counteract such a power ("Perhaps cameras looking into the room from a distance...? No, probably not..."). He was so caught up in his mental calculations that he very nearly missed the first student to present their powers.

This girl's powers were somewhat less impressive than those of their teacher. Sure, being able to control plants was fantastic. Summoning plants? great! Coaxing them into doing something? Slightly less useful. Still though, that was why they were at this school wasn't it? to learn to control their powers to the utmost.

Rocking backwards, Janus waited to see who the teacher would call on next.

Crow
06-27-2010, 06:31 PM
"Alright, how about..... you" The professor said as she gently pointed to Coco.

Coco was startled when the teacher pointed at her, she then looked around and pointed to herself with a raised eyebrow and the teacher nodded. She sighed a bit "Ummm, Hi" Coco said softly in her Sweedish accent "My names ist Coco.... I ist 18 and froms the Sveeden" she said softly as she then stood back into the circle.

"Alright, well... May we see your Gift?" The professor said a bit curiously.

Coco nodded and went to the center of the circle "Now, Don'ts be scared of vat yous might sees, Buts bes avares that theres mays be zome.... brightnesses" she said as she took off her leather jacked to reveal her strapless leather corset dress and she removed her protective gloves and looked onto the ground as her hair began to move on it's own. She looked up as small jolts could be seen in her eyes and the electricity turning her veins black, small bolts escaped through her finger tips as a ball of electricity began to form above her head before it became the size of a large beach ball before she screamed from the pain and unleashed it at a security camera, she then breathed exhausted-like as she stood there before regaining her composure and putting back on her gloves and jacked "Nows, dis protects yous from getting shock" she said as she pointed to her gloves.

Alice
06-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Nikki watched curiously as the girl in the bright sun dress walked up to Everfrost's desk and picked up the desert plant. Ohh, an interaction between a human and a plant. That's interesting, thought Nikki as she watched the scene. After the female finished speaking, she demonstrated by making the cactus bloom.
Wow... That flower is really pretty, too, she smiled, fingering the frozen flower in her hand.

Up next was a girl named Coco. Nikki gaped when she saw what Coco could do. Control electricity! What a gift. Nikki watched, and sparks started flying from Coco's fingertips. Above her head, an energy sphere started to form, until it reached the size of a large beach ball. With a scream, Coco launched it towards a security camera. The camera was destroyed, and Nikki's jaw almost touched the floor.
As Nikki came to, she noted that Coco was a bit exhausted. Could the power use up that much energy? It wouldn't be very useful if used in excessive amounts, then. After, Coco mentioned that she wore the gloves to protect others from getting shocked.
Wait.. So.. If I touch her, I'm gonna die? Oh my.

Crow
06-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Coco looked around as most of the students were in terror. She rolled her eyes as she then ajusted her long black hair to let it calm down.

"Wow, ok...." the professor said "That's, quite a power" she said softly as she smiled "Who would like to go next?" she said softly "How about you?" she said as she gently pointed to Nikki

Alice
06-27-2010, 10:14 PM
WHAT?! MEE?! NO, THANK YOU. NO. IT'S OKAY, REALLY.
Her thoughts went into panic mode, but it was impossible to tell. She was a master at hiding her feelings, when she wanted to. Nikki made her way to the center, and pasted a smile on her face.
Ahh. What do I do?
"Uhm, hey," she started, "My gift is.. Well, it's nothing compared to the powers demonstrated so far, but, uhm.. I can manipulate crystal. Well, I make it appear first, then manipulate it at my will.. You know what, I'll just show you."
What a retard. Great intro, Nikki.
Nikki held up the flower that she'd embedded in crystal earlier this morning and showed everyone. Then, she placed it in her pocket and turned to Everfrost. "I really don't know what to show you.. Would you like me to make something?"

Crow
06-27-2010, 10:18 PM
"That's very beautiful" the professor said softly as she smiled "Don't worry, over time you will all get to know everyone better" she said smiling sweetly.

Alice
06-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Nikki smiled, "Well yes, but.. I can make things. Just name any object, and I'll show you. This frozen flower is just something I made in the morning, I'd like to show you my powers in action..."
What?! You stupid, stupid girl. Why did you say that? She was letting you off the hook, and now you ruined it. God.

Familiar
06-27-2010, 10:34 PM
<OOC> Alice: assume that this comes after your next set of posts. Crow was bugging me to get one up :) </OOC>

"Alright then... Don't touch the lightning chick. Got it." After a brief moment of thought, Janus elected to add "and don't her near any of my motherboards, that amount of static just can't be good for 'em."

Despite the somewhat glib tone of his internal monologue however, the demonstration was fairly disturbing. It was blatantly obvious that the girl was in pain while channelling her powers, and to be unable to touch people was something Janus would much rather not think about. She was the reason that classes like this one existed.

The next girl seemed to have no clue as to exactly how stupidly powerful she was. Summoning and controlling anything was a deadly combination, to say nothing of some unknown crystal. "I wonder what the resistor value of that stuff would be...?" Idle wondering, nothing more, but it would be an interesting thing to find out.

"Alright then..." The teacher began again. "You there, how about you go next." It was a statement, not a question and Janus saw that the instructor was pointing at him this time.

"Alright then," Janus said, stepping forward. "Names Janus, and to put it really simply, I'm a technopath. Basically, I can put myself into machines and control them completely." Looking around, he spotted a projector that would suit his demonstrative needs perfectly. Waving his hand, Janus cast a piece of himself into the machine, turning it on with nothing more than his mind.

"I can get just about any machine to do whatever I want, within the machines own limits. For instance:" The projector began to stream photos, random collections of images that Janus dredged out of his mind. "I can make this show whatever I want, but I couldn't turn it into a gun, or make it move. That, I'd have to do by hand."

Janus took this as being enough, stepping back into the circle.

Crow
06-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Coco smiled a little bit when she saw Janus' ability "Thats quite cools" she said softly as she gently folded her arms as a knock came onto the classroom door.

"Very good, Janus" the professor said softly before she turned to face the door "Excuse me for a moment" she said before bowing and walking towards the door "Package for Coco D'am-D'am....D'Amarest?" the man said before handing her a package "Oh, Thanks" she said before closing the door "Coco, you have a package. It says urgent and I can't really read the label of it..." she said as she held out the package.

"Oh?" Coco said softly as she raised her eyebrow and walked over and saw the package "Tis in Sveedish" she said as she took the package and opened it to reveal a black rubber collar "Yes!" she said before quickly slipping it on her neck and then taking off her gloves.

"Ah, I see now" the professor said softly "Having rubber on you is more of a safety precausion if your emotions go haywire" she said as Coco nodded

Alice
06-27-2010, 10:55 PM
[[ Haha, ookay. Oh, and one more thing. I think Nikki forgot to introduce herself. Just pretend that she did, okay? ;) ]]

Nikki stared at Janus.
Okay, wow. A technopath.
She watched him make images appear on the monitor, and listened to him explain.
Duuude. So, he can, like, get inside a computer and change his grades and do stuff like that whenever he wants to? And control technology by getting inside it? I feel pathetic.
Not that Nikki thought that Janus would do something like that, but it was just so awesome. He could do basically anything with anything that included technology. A really, really useful gift to have. And Nikki's gift? Laughable.
Nikki's attention turned to Everfrost when she went to pick up the package. She came back and handed to Coco. A rubber collar?
Oh, a safety precaution. I see.

Crow
06-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Coco stepped back into the circle, awaiting who would be called upon next. There was something.... Different about Janus, something that made her feel a bit less apprehensive. She could only pray that he wasn't an avid reader of the News.

Yamimoon
06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Ryan was watching everyone powers with a smile on his face. Back when he was trapped in his house he had hear that there were others like him, but even when he ran away he found very few. Now he is in a school that is filled with people like him. He knew that he needed to go and introduce himself to the class, so when he felt the time was right, and there were shadows in the room that he can use he walked into the middle of the circle.

“My name is Ryan Nightray,” Ryan said as he looked around at the students. “I have the ability to control and solidify shadows,” Ryan said as he placed his right arm out. ’I wouldn’t do that’ came a voice into his head. He could hear his other self, and he could hear him. They both knew what the other was thinking. He closed his eyes concentrating. When he opened them once more his eyes were completely black.

The shadows in the room started to raise up into his hand, and as it was happening his skin, and hair were turning a darker color. Then the shadows took the shape of a dagger, and then stopped moving. Suddenly he shook his head as if he was discussed. Taking the dagger, and throwing it into the floor. “This is my ability, but there is more that I can do. This idiot knows not to try and do this. I am the only one that can handle this power,” Ryan said as he walked back to the circle. He could care less if the teacher, or any of the other students were surprised by his change of character. When his other half solidifies shadow the side effect is that he comes out.

Crow
06-28-2010, 06:10 PM
The professor smiled "That's a very neat power" she said happily "The best I can do is to give the illusion of me being different, you can fully change yourself" she said as she then bowed "I think that's everyone" she then looked at her watch "Since we don't have alot of time left in this class, I want you to pair up into groups of 2"

Familiar
06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
"Nightray... A guy who can manipulate shadows... Subtle. Though I don't suppose I really have any ground to stand on when it comes to this sort of thing." Janus Mulciber watched on as Ryan proceeded to demonstrate his abilities, creating a shadow dagger in his hand before tossing it into the floor. "Another summon/control mix; man this class just has some broken powers. Though once again, I might not have much room to say something like that. Quite a few people to keep an eye on at least."

A strange sense of uncertainty hit Janus as the realization dawned on him the the good portion of the people in this room had the power to destroy a city, provided they were clever in the use of their powers, and that he was most likely among this selection. Sure, he had thought about what his powers meant to his future once he had discovered them, everyone probably did, but realizing that he now sat in the centre of a compound that held a power so great it could destroy countries really brought the point home. "The power of a thousand atoms bombs, in the hands of emotional children, unsure of themselves and they're powers. This is going to be an interesting year, isn't it?

It wasn't as though Janus thought himself above his classmates in terms of maturity or intelligence, but he recognized that he was afforded advantages few others probably had. He was comfortable with his powers, as he had already been working towards them even before he became a mutant, something that someone like Coco didn't have; his parents were supportive, they still stood behind him no matter what he became, not all parents were that accepting. Being able to run his brain through a computer to check and see if he was doing anything stupid didn't exactly hurt either.

"Since we don't have alot of time left in this class, I want you to pair up into groups of 2"

"Hmm, who to go with? Nature/Tech mix might work well, same with Electric/Tech, and I'm still curious as to what exactly that crystal of Nikki's is exactly. So many choices..."

He elected to hold back for now, he wasn't sure exactly what the activity was, perhaps the teacher would let on a little more. If someone asked, he would certain go with them, but for now he just waited.

Crow
06-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Coco took a deep breath and thought about who she should ask. She was still a little bit nervous about these classmates and she wasn't quite sure if they knew her past or not, so she began to fiddle with her hair a bit and looked around the classroom.

Alice
06-28-2010, 07:29 PM
A guy who can control shadows? Goodness. And what was that all about? Is he bi-polar, or something?
Nikki stared at the dagger that Ryan had just tossed on the floor. In a few seconds, it disappeared, making Nikki blink a few times to see if it really had. Her thoughts were confirmed, and her attention was turned back to the teacher when she said "groups of two".
Damn. What a madhouse..... I like it, the female smiled to herself. And she had thought she was the only one in the whole world who was like this. Boy, had she been wrong. After seeing all this, Nikki was pretty sure that fairies existed. She had believed that anything was possible before, but now she had solid evidence that it was.
Back to the real world, Nikki. Your next challenge - find a partner. Probably the hardest challenge yet.
Nikki agreed with herself.

Bia
06-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Joanna watched everyone else go, dumbfounded. Wow, she really needed to step up her game. These people were amazing...controlling electricity, controlling dark crystal, controlling machines, controlling shadows...

"and all I can do is talk to plants" she muttered to herself. It seemed that all these people had a lot better control over their powers than she did. She had thought that everyone would be at the same level as her, but she guessed that some people must have practiced more. Well it's your fault Joanna, you didn't even find out about your powers until last year.

She sighed and shifted from foot to foot, until the teacher announced they would be breaking up into pairs. There was a brief moment of silence while everyone realized that one, they had to find someone to pair up with, and 2, no one knew anyone. Joanna looked around the circle..she sort of knew Coco, like they had seen each other a few times outside...but she just seemed so much better and cooler than her. The other girl seemed nice, and she had that flower wrapped in crystal, so maybe she liked plants too...The technopath was really cool, but she didn't know how much they would have in common...and the shadow guy was in about the same category as Coco.

Everyone seemed to be in the same position as Joanna, awkward and unsure of what to do. Everfrost just looked at them expectantly...so Joanna thought she'd make the first move. Janus and Nikki where sort of standing next to each other so she walked up to them, trying to look polite and friendly asking , "Does one of you want to be my partner?" That way, if one of them didn't they could just pass it off to the other and you weren't in that strange position of kind of being forced to say yes.

Familiar
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
"Does one of you want to be my partner?"

"Alright, I'll take you up on that offer." Janus took a step forward, standing next to Joanna. "Pleasure to meet you." "Hmm, nature and science. Together at last. Could be an interesting activity."

Now all that remained to be seen was what everyone else was going to do.

Pyro
06-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Silence ran down the hallway as fast as her stiff, tired legs would carry her. She had slept in on her first day and wasn't too happy with herself for staying up all night watching zombie movies. Dammitdammitdammitdammit! she thought as she forced herself to move faster. She was in such a rush that she ran straight past her first classroom. Silence skidded to a stop and backtracked to the room in question: Ability Control. She swung the door open and loudly announced herself.
"Hey, everyone!" she called, "I would say I'm sorry I'm late buuuuut...I'm not." She grinned, exposing her longer than normal canine teeth, and scratched the back of her head. "So what're we doin'?" As it was her first day, Silence didn't want to reveal everything she could do so she decided to keep a somewhat low profile. That means no jumping off buildings today, she reminded herself.

Alice
06-28-2010, 11:07 PM
She seems really nice, thought Nikki, her eyes on Summer. And she's a nature geek! Kind of like me. Except I only do flowers. But it would be nice to partner up with her.. As she was about to say something, Janus stepped up and claimed Summer.
Darn it. Oh well, it's okay. Janus seems kind of excited to be partners with her, she thought with a smile.
Then another girl kind of.. exploded into the room.
Nikki watched, then after the other girl was finished, she laughed, and instantly the day brightened up. Now this was her type of person. Before Everfrost could turn to the new girl and order her detention or something, Nikki skipped over to her and smiled. "Hey there. We have to get into groups of two. And you're gonna be my partner. I think," she said, tipping her head to the side and smiling.

Crow
06-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Coco glanced over at the new girl that walked in and then looked around once more untill she finally made up her mind to ask someone. She slowly approached the shadow tamer and sheepishly began to ask him "R-Ryans ist its?" she said softly as she embarassedly scratched the back of her neck "Will yous bes mine par-ten-er?" she asked as a small static jolt escaped from her left cheek, causing her to blush.

Bia
06-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Joanna was glad Janus accepted her offer so quickly. She also felt a little bad though, because Nikki looked she was willing too. In fact...they had an odd number...--

She was just about to call Nikki over, maybe they could 3 up, but then a tall, cat-like girl burst into the room. Teaming with confidence and loudly getting everyone's attention. Nikki practically skipped over to her and it looked like she was doing alright.

Joanna shrugged inwardly and turned back to the technopath.

"Alright soo...I'm not really sure what we're supposed to be doing. But I'm Joanna...you know...in case you didn't catch that earlier..." she trailed off dumbly. Idiot she inwardly scolded herself. Lamest first impression ever. She ran a hand through her wheat blonde hair and tried not to look like she was the dumbest blonde ever.

Pyro
06-29-2010, 02:13 AM
Silence's grin grew wider at the explanation from the girl who approached her.
"Sweet," she said, "Some kinda exercise, eh? Wonder what it is..." She moved to an empty chair to dump her Meneki Neko messenger bag for more free movement in case she had to show something off. Her deep blue eyes swept the room, studying each of her classmates with a precision her personality hid perfectly. To the rest of the world it appeared she was only casually glancing around but in actuality she was picking up things about their body language they wouldn't even notice themselves. Gotta know more about people than people know about me, was one of her many mottoes.

(here's a pic of her adorable bag. I love this website: http://www.gesshoku.org/maneki-neko-messenger-bag-silverkhaki-green-p-1238.html?osCsid=2ba25240c2e08081368102f4cb96f0bc

Alice
06-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Nikki's eyes glittered when she saw the bag. She stood frozen for a few seconds, then tackled the bag, exposing her weakness for cute stuff, and said, "Ohmygosh! This is THE cutest thing ever. Seriously." She looked up at the girl and saw her glancing around.
"Wait. I forgot. I am Nikki. And you'd be?" she asked with a smile. Then she realized she still held the bag. She placed it back on the chair and looked at the girl.

Familiar
06-29-2010, 02:59 AM
Garbled squeaks of "cute" echoing off into the background Janus took stock of his new partner. She wasn't all that great at introductions apparently, but that wasn't a big deal. Janus had been in her situation before, it happened to everyone eventually, so he wasn't exactly inclined to make a big deal about it.

"Alright then Joanna, pleasure to work with you." He paused for a moment to look around the class. "So, what do you think this 'activity' is going to be? Still way too early to be trying to get us to show off anything too impressive..."

Pyro
06-29-2010, 03:13 AM
Silence sat on the chair next to her bag and pulled her knees up under her chin.
"I'd be Silence," she replied, "Though if I'm ever quiet you should probably call an ambulance." She snickered at her own stupid joke. "Glad you like the bag. I've got a bit of a weakness for cats myself." She absentmindedly tucked one side of her chin length black hair behind her ear and stretched out the leg on the same side, resting her elbows on the back of the chair.
"Looks like everyone's lookin' for someone else to make the first move on 'em, eh?" Silence noted idly.

Bia
06-29-2010, 01:38 PM
"Yeah I think you're right, we're probably just doing another getting to know you exercise" she said, glad it came easier than her original introduction. She watched Nikki get all excited over the new girls bag...but Joanna couldn't bring herself to get what was so great about it. I mean, the bag was cute. But Joanna didn't really like cats.

The air-conditioner turned off, and the steady breeze that had been blowing stopped. Joanna could feel the air still and started realizing just how close everyone was, how muggy it was...how bright it was...how not-outside it was. Joanna pulled up a chair to keep from hyperventilating. She could always take a break outside, but they were just about to do their exercise, and Janus already looked at her weird. Having to take regular breaks would just make her look weirder.

Alice
06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Nikki had to use her excellent feeling-hiding abilities to not explode with laughter right there. "Pleasure to meet you, Silence."
Her name is Silence.. It's so.. inappropriate and appropriate at the same time.
She chuckled at Silence's joke. That might actually be true, referring back to her entry into the classroom.
She was getting tired of standing around all day, so Nikki grabbed a chair and sat down, with her eyes on the teacher. "We're just waiting for Everfrost to tell us what to do. I have no clue to what activity we're gonna be doing this time."

Yamimoon
06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Ryan was not a bit pleased to be here, let alone teaming up with someone. He didn’t think the teacher quite got the differences between them, but that didn’t matter. He had though that this was a bad idea, but he agreed with his other half to give this school a chance. Maybe they would find a place to fit in, but he didn’t think it would work out. Him and his other half were as night and day. He might find a friend, but he was not looking for one.

Then the girl that can control electricity approached him, he eyed the girl, with a slight smile on his face. Our of all the people in the room she was the most like himself. Then she asked to be his partner. He looked at her seeing that she was slightly embarrassed, but could tell that she just might be what his other half was looking for. “Yes my name is Ryan. I have no problem teaming up with you, I think that you will be good for ‘Him’,” Ryan said as he just looked at her still smiling.

Crow
06-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Coco smiled "Sveet" she said softly "My names ist Coco... Tis nice to meets yous" she said as she blushed. The shadow manipulator seemed happy to see her and it made her happy and slightly concerned on the inside, she shook the concerned thoughts from her head and began to fiddle with her long black hair.

"Alright, does everyone have a partener?" the professor said "Good, now... Professor Xavier has asked the first class teachers to pair every student up into twos in case the school is invaded"
she said before clearing her throat "Sad, I know... But it's only for your safety. Get to know your partener well because you will need to watch out for each other" with that the bell rang signalling a class change "Alright folks, class dismissed. Tomorrow, we will be talking about power enablers" she said as she closed her eyes causing hands to appear and throw confetti and streamers as the students left.

Coco looked over at the bell when it rang and began to pick up her black binder with sweedish writing in a white marker. She looked down at her schedule pinned to the front and it said 'free period' on it. Coco smiled as she held the binder to her bosom "I'll sees you laters" she said with a slight static shock escaping from her cheeks again, causing her to blush.

mcstringer
07-01-2010, 05:22 AM
Quentin lazed on a couch in one of the sitting rooms in the X Mansion. He was busy appreciating old memories from his time in the school. He pushed up the glasses on his eyes as he observed the bustle of students new and old as they went about their business. He sat with a cup of coffee after his jovial chat with his old friend and mentor Proffessor Xavier. Quentin felt strange that he felt warmed that Xavier accepted his proposal to be the new science and math teacher in the Institute. Though he would not be getting much for pay. He got free room and board plus use of the lab in the basement of the mansion.

After a moment of thought, Quentin finished his coffee in one gulp. He decided to find the room he was going to teach in and set up for the next class period. On the way he bumped into some of the new students.

Vinyl
07-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Geoff smiled as he rummaged through his suitcase, unpacking into his new home. He had only minutes ago, been introduced to Xavier, as he said goodbye to his family. He didn't think he'd miss them, but he felt slightly...given away. They'd slowly been pushing him out of the family and trying to find somewhere to shove him. He smiled again, as he looked at the medium sized bird cage on his desk. "I can tell you're happy.." He spoke to the beautiful singing of his bird, Sapphire. She chatted away, as he nodded to her. "Yep, no more yelling..." It was a sad fact that Geoff's family never appreciated the sound of a singing bird. Sapphire was told to 'Shut the hell up' and got a cage rattling often. She chirpped a few more times, happy to be somewhere else for a change. "Professor Xavier already mentioned I've missed the first class...but, I should catch up..quick, right?" He said, unsure. The blue bird sang a bit, as Geoff chuckled, Sapphire mentioned how she knew he was shy, but that he would be okay!

After unpacking, Geoff left his room, to explore a bit. He wasn't sure where to go...or if, he had another class? He blinked, seeing a group of students exit a classroom. He might've made it just in time. He looked down, attempting to avoid any glares. Instead, he found someone that might help him, "Umm..excuse me, are you a professor..here?" He asked, bringing a hand up to scratch his head to wait for an answer.

Familiar
07-02-2010, 05:51 AM
"Professor Xavier has asked the first class teachers to pair every student up into twos in case the school is invaded"

"Well that's cheery..." Janus said, turning once again to Joanna "... but I suppose this means that we're going to be working together for a while yet." "Probably should get to know her a little bit better if that's the case... Wouldn't mind a better explanation of her powers as well. I really don't want to be relying on flowers blooming if there is an attack; if she could control them a little better, perhaps make them grow at an accelerated rate, the she would be a force of nature." Mentally slapping himself for the egracious pun, Janus decided to, at the very least, get started on the 'get to know you' portion of his plan.

"So, partner, what's your next class?"

Alice
07-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Nikki tried to remember the schedule she thought she had memorized this morning, and finally recalled reading "Free" on second period.
Yess, she thought with excitement. Now she could finally check out the library she had seen on her way to her dorm. It was huge! Or she could go outside and check out the forest behind the academy. Or explore the ancient rooms that looked off-limits to the students in the back of the building.
Wait.. Maybe she should hang out with Silence for a while, get to know her, like Everfrost had instructed. She probably had a few ideas, too.
Nikki turned to the energetic girl and said, "I think we have a free period next. And I should probably stalk you, like Everfrost said.. So.. what'cha gonna be doing?"

PrettyBoy
07-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Geron rushed past so far he was late and his teachers weren't going to be happy scooting past a few people he hurried to catch to his lesson he had or at least the rest of it, as he moved past them he called out just to be polite "scuse me, coming through, late for class and i'm so in trouble."
He walked slower to reach his class now and looked round sheepishly "Sorry bad habit i really need to get rid of" the teacher looked at him and frowned as geron walked to his seat.

Pyro
07-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Silence flashed her trademark fanged grin once more and nimbly leaped to her feet.
"Indeed we do have a free period!" she said, "We should spend it outside, y'know? Away from any teachers who might bug us about hall passes or whatever." In actuality, Silence did not have a free period next but she did not feel like attending math on her first day. She wasn't a cutter by habit but once in awhile it did some good. If anything, a loose schedule helped clear some clutter in her mind. Besides, if Nikki asked about it later, Silence would simply state her counselor changed her schedule for some reason. No big deal. Life's a game. Until you meet someone who changes you to your core...

Bia
07-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Joanna was a little dumbfounded. Soo this wasn't just an exercise...these partners were like their buddy system guys...

"So what's your next class?" Janus asked, bring Joanna back.

"Umm...science it looks like. Whats yours?" Joanna resisted the urge to do a jig. Science was her favorite class, always plenty of nature and what-not. Especially in the biology unit.

Familiar
07-03-2010, 05:08 AM
"Umm...science it looks like. Whats yours?"

"Well... my class schedule is a little odd to say the least; I think I'm in about three classes? The real me goes to one, and some cameras/speakers goes to whatever other ones I want. Then, when the day is done I just take the recording back into me. Just an upside of being able to throw pieces of your brain into whatever piece of scrap you feel like I suppose..."

It really was an odd system, and experimental to be sure, but on the plus side he'd be able to make progress like nobody else if he was actually able to pull it off.

"To make it simple, let's just say that I have science as well."

mcstringer
07-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Dr. Quentin Howes was calmly pacing to his classroom against the grain of the crowded hallway. The students were going every which way and at every speed. It seemed pointless to be among the discipliners because their efforts were not working. His purple hair was in a business man's cut, he wore a new pair of glasses around his close to violet eyes. He decided to carry his lab coat crooked in his right arm out of need and want. He didn't need to wear the coat because he was not up to feeling toasty with his black suit and tie underneath until his class started, and Quentin did not feel like being in teacher mode yet because he wanted to reminisce a bit more; plus, he was still a little early for his first class.

He just passed the stairs the boy's dorms when a new student stopped and blurted out a nervous sentence in his general direction. Quentin paused his slow pace to stare at the student through the nose of his face down his glasses.

"Hello, I am Doctor Quentin Howes. I'll assume you understand it is rude to jump into a conversation with a stranger without introducing yourself, so I'll get right to your question. Yes, I can help you. I have time enough to do so before I go to teach my class. What would you like to know?"

Quentin knew he sounded arrogant, but he had to make a point now to stamp laziness or, he felt, it would grow like a weed.

Vinyl
07-03-2010, 08:44 PM
He pursed his lips, as he waited for Dr. Quentin Howes to finish speaking. He blinked as his eyes met those small ones behind the lenses of this Professor. He was taken back, quite a bit, since he'd never been scolded for being rude, Geoff was anything but. He nodded, realizing he let his nervousness take over his good morals. He stood straight up, but his head was lowered symbolizing that of the tail of a dog between it's legs. This was uncomfortable.

"Forgive me Dr. Howes. My name is Geoff Kingsley...this is my first day, here..uh." He then extended his hand out in introduction. He then licked his lips, before beginning his question. "I'm a bit lost..uhh.." He paused, while digging into the front right pocket of his blue jeans. He unfolded a white piece of paper, revealing his class schedule. "I'm aware that I missed my first class, since..I had to be brought by Professor Xavier..but, I don't know where to go now..?" He said, handing Howes the paper.

He stood there, looking a bit shy. He wasn't very used to new people, especially one that introduced himself in such a way. He gave a nervous chuckle, as he waited for an answer or direction...

Alice
07-03-2010, 10:20 PM
"Outside - sounds great," answered Nikki with a smile. When she looked at Silence, though, she looked a bit..
Nahh, Nikki dismissed the feeling, I'm probably imagining it.
The girl stood from the chair and stretched, eager to be outside as fast as possible. Maybe they could drop by the forest she had visited earlier. See some new flowers.. Nikki could even make a frozen flower for Silence, if she wanted one.
Just to be sure she wouldn't forget it, Nikki went over the schedule a few more times in her mind, already thinking about what class she had next.

Bia
07-04-2010, 12:18 AM
"Oh..." Joanna said, not quite sure how to respond to that. "So...are you coming to science physically? Or just your computer self?" she asked almost teasingly as she grabbed her white tote bag, it blended nicely with the bright yellow sundress she was wearing, and the white sunglasses she had on.

She walked out of the classroom slowly, waiting for Janus's reply before heading to the courtyard for a brief bit of fresh air before her next class.

When she got outside she smiled, taking a big breath in, and letting it out slowly. She took her sunglasses off and sat on a large warm rock, just soaking in the sunshine and fresh air.

After about 30 seconds of just recovering from the stuffy classrooms. She knelt on the ground, looking at the plants in front of her, a couple dandelions and lots of grass.

Joanna had found that out of all the plants, she could control weeds the best. She suspected it was because they were always eager to grow and move, willing to do anything and choke out anyone, while other plants were more cautious and aware.

She closed her eyes and concentrated on the dandelion. It wiggled a bit at first, then grew a few centimeters. Usually this was where Joanna would stop...but today...she wanted to test herself. She took a deep breath, and put all her energy toward this single dandelion. She could feel it building and building, but she didn't hold back. Finally the dandelion burst upward and simultaneously grew 3 ft and changed into a bright yellow sunflower. Joanna fell backwards, knocking her head against the ground and feeling like she had just run 10 miles. She got up slowly, and gazed at her work, feeling prouder than a mother with her first child.

The bell rang then for class so Joanna took one last gaze at her beautiful sunflower before turning to look down at the dandelion that had been sitting next to it. She smiled at it and whispered "You're next" before turning and practically skipping to science.

Crow
07-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Coco began to walk outside as she saw Joanna grow a sunflower from a dandilion "Wows...." she said softly to herself "She hast potentials" Coco then began to walk down the steps and took a seat in the Japanese garden. It was far away so she could concentrate on her power and not have to concentrate on human safety.

She pulled out a clear glass orb around the size of a tennis ball and began to take off her rubber collar to not hold back her electricity, she then took off her coat to reveal her corset dress once again. She closed her eyes as her body began to pull electricity from the ground, She held onto the glass orb as small electrical jolts began to appear in it until the heat of the electricity finally melted all the glass and began to shape it with the electricity. She formed a heart made out of the molten glass and then switched the electrical flow to static to cool it down, she thought about her partener and what he was doing right now.

Familiar
07-05-2010, 03:00 AM
"So...are you coming to science physically? Or just your computer self?"

"Ah, but of course I'm coming physically! It's always better to go with someone you know and besides..." Janus added with a grin "I'm supposed to stick with you. Remember?" Sighing, he decided that it would probably be for the best if he did a quick personal check up on some of his systems before Science began. He needed to get his drones up and running too. "Alright, well, despite that I actually do have one or two things that I need to get done before science starts, so I'll meet you there."

It was a fairly boring break, to tell the truth. Everything seemed to work as it should, and there weren't really any surprises. Janus supposed he should be thankful for that, especially when the school was as threatened as it was, but he could help but wish that something happened.

Without much, if any, emotion. Janus made his way to Science.

Pyro
07-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Silence began to prance outside.
"Alright! Let's go!" she cheered. Though she had gotten off to a bad start this morning it seemed things were looking up for her.

"Just keep a positive outlook, Si. Smile and the world will smile with you."

And indeed she was smiling at her sister's words shortly before she left for the Institute. She had complained that it sounded cheesy and lame at the time but it seemed Teresa was right. If Silence were her old shy, antisocial self things might have been a little tricky, friends harder to make. But yes, things were definitely looking up now. And hey, she just made forty-five minutes of free time for herself so she could build a friendship with someone who appreciated her positivity. Looks like a fun year so far, she thought, Thanks, Teresa.

Alice
07-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Nikki followed Silence with a smile on her face. The other girl seemed much more cheerful now, it was easy to tell. When they opened the door leading outside, a huge sunflower greeted them.
Woahh.. A sunflower? Next to a dandelion?
Nikki laughed and walked up to the huge yellow flower. She caressed the large petals of the plant with her fingers and said, turning to Silence, "Hey.. Where did this come from, I wonder?" Then, she leaned down to take a look at the smaller plant - the dandelion. "Hey Silence, would you like me to make you one of these?" she asked, holding out the frozen flower she'd made in the morning. "You can choose any flower you want. And any crystal color."

Crow
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Coco gently set the cooled glass heart down by placing it on the bench beside her, she decided to not put her collar back on and allow her electricity to flow naturally with no restrictions from the rubber. Harmless light blue static waves flowed in rays from her shoulders as she came into a nice calm state.

mcstringer
07-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Dr. Howes rolled his violet eyes skyward and said a quck prayer to the gods. He was a busy man. He didn't want to help the kid. He would rather let someone like Tony take care of it. , but his inherent self let itself out, the piece Xavier always insisted was there. He sharply to the piece of paper with a precise movement from his hands. He showed a wall to any outside feelings or distractions. He lifted his glasses a tad to read the paper. He never let his lab coat fall. It was just there.

"Well, It seems you have the Sciences next, which is my class. Follow me."

As he quick marched toward his classroom, Dr. Quentin Howes quickily and accurately folded the schedule into the perfect size to fit into a pocket. He slowed occasionally when he took a quick look over his shoulder and did not see the student. He spotted his door quickly and sandered toward it, occasionally giving a polite nod to the people he knew or acknowledged his presence. He opened the door and most of the students were already inside.

"Here we go. Seems you are right on time. Try to come earlier next time. You'd get a better seat."

He voice was neutral betraying no emotions. Though there were obvious hidden ones.

Bia
07-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Joanna got to class just before the Professor and the other boy walked in. She slipped silently into a seat next to Janus's, thanking him for saving her a seat. She pulled out her notebook and pen, not quite sure what they were going to need. She was new to the class experience as it was. But a class for the gifted? Anything could happen.

Yamimoon
07-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Ryan continued to smile at the girl as she introduced herself, and knew that this girl would be a perfect match for his other half. She just might be what he needed as well, but only time will tell. He then looked at the teacher as she said her next statement. This didn’t surprise him at all. Their kind were enemies to all normal people. At least that’s what they thought. When the bell rang, and Coco excused herself.

He stayed in the room a little longer. He had never really liked school, nor the fact that it was held during the day. He hated the light for so many reasons, but he would have to deal. At least till his other half wakes up. He reached in to his pocket, and pulled a pair of sunglasses from them. He was use to his other half doing stupid things, but that is neither here or there. He walked out of the classroom, and went out side. He was going to skip his next class unless ‘He’ wakes up. He didn’t want to attend any class, but his other half insisted that they did.

He then made his way over to the Japanese garden that was on school grounds. The day was no where near over, and that was annoying. But as he entered the garden he saw Coco sitting on a bench with a glass heart next to her. He figured that they should get to know one another since he would hopefully only be coming out at night, and the school had a curfew. That he was not going to obey at all, but that is for tonight.

“Is this seat taken?” Ryan asked in a nicer tone than he is use to using. He didn’t know if it was a good idea fro her to get to know him, for he was not the type that is easy to get along with. Him and his other half were as night and day literally. He hates talking to people, where is other half loves to talk to them. He just hoped that he would be able to keep his temper to himself.

Pyro
07-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Silence blushed and flapped a hand at Nikki.
"Oh you don't have to do that!" she said, "You're too nice!" She wasn't used to positive attention from anyone other than her sister so she was rather embarrassed by the offer. She glanced around at her surroundings.
"Uhh, let's check out the trees over there!" she said pointing at the edge of the forest near the school, "I hope you like climbing!" And maybe you'll get to see a bit of what I can do too, she thought mischievously.

Alice
07-07-2010, 04:16 AM
When Nikki looked back at Silence, she saw her cheeks turn rosy. When she spoke, there was a hint of embarrassment in her voice.
Not used to friendliness?
Nikki couldn't help but smile. Not wanting to embarrass her any more, she just followed the girl into the forest. When Silence brought up one of Nikki's favorite topics, she said, "Ohh, but of course! I love climbing trees. In fact, there used to be this huuge old tree in my auntie's backyard. Ever since I was little I tried so hard to try to climb up to the top, but I never did really get higher than a foot. But then one day, I made up my mind that I would make it this time. And I did! I was really proud of myself. Achieving that has made me believe that I can climb any tree in the whole world, silly as it is."
Talking about her aunt didn't really make Nikki sad, as it would some people, since she had just died. But it actually made Nikki feel warm and happy to remember auntie.

Vinyl
07-07-2010, 04:34 AM
"Oh, thank you." He simply said, giving a small polite smile. He looked down, as he folded the paper back up, and slipped it into his pocket. Geoff followed the man, as he strutted into his classroom. 'Science..' Geoff thought, as he processed this Professor. He wasn't very warm, or hospitable. But, he knew he must be a smart man. He nodded to himself as he adjusted his light grey, and blue jacket.

As he entered the classroom, he nodded to Dr. Howes, as he was instructed to take a seat anywhere. He thought that maybe, he had started on the wrong page with Dr. Howes. He hoped he didn't think little of him. As he thought, he took a random seat in the second row of the classroom. He felt oddly out of place, everyone else had seemed to know each other. He lightly put his head down, not really wanting to observe anyone.

Crow
07-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Coco heard Ryan's voice "Oh! nopes. Go rights ahead" she said softly as she smiled. It felt good to not have the rubber collar on, but that good feeling was cut a bit short by a large static jolt accidentally slipping out of her... Causing her to blush "I's sorrys..." she said softly "...I'll puts it back ons" she said as she looked down a bit ashamed. She slowly grabbed the collar out of her coat on the floor. 'Its hurts so much to haves the collars on' she thought to herself.

Familiar
07-08-2010, 12:12 AM
"Hello again..." Janus gave a nod to his new companion as she took the seat next to him. He didn't see anyone from their first class around yet, but there were still a couple of minutes left to go. One way or another though, Janus was looking forward to this class. Physics and Chemistry were among his best subjects, and he actually enjoyed taking them. What he would be learning here, without any government oversight, could be very interesting. Just as long as they didn't start with Bio, Janus would be happy.

"You have any idea what's going on in this class?"

Pyro
07-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Silence listened to Nikki's story, her head cocked to one side in interest.
"That's so cool," she said when the other girl was finished, "I spend most of my time climbing around buildings 'cause there aren't a lot of trees where I grew up." She smiled remembering the landlord of their apartment yelling at an eleven-year-old Silence for climbing on the bars of the stairwell. "Trees are better though." She jumped to one of the low branches of a nearby tree and swung her legs up onto it effortlessly.

Yamimoon
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Ryan saw that the girl was full of electricity, and was couscous about it. But his time here was now at an end, and he was thankful for it. He could feel his other self, and he was awake. “You’d better not ever do this again with out consulting me first, or your life being in danger!” He had woken up right as he sat next to the girl, but was not strong enough to come back out till now. “I am sorry about that I know how much you hat the day, and don’t like to be around people.” His hair returned to being a golden blond, and he took off his glasses at the same time he raised his other hand to hers to stop her from putting on her collar.

“There is no need for you to put that on. I don’t think that you will hurt me at all,” Ryan smiled at her his eyes saying that he was sincere. He was now ready to make some friends. Something that his other half would rather not do. “So what brought you here?” Ryan asked as he looked at the garden. He knew what he needed to know because his other half was telling him all that he needed to know.

Crow
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
As soon as Ryan's hand touched hers, a flood of crimson filled her cheeks... Causing static to emerge from her cheeks. She looked down at her lap smiling "Wells, Professor Xaviers sents a letter ins the mails abouts this schools. Ands mine parentss saids that its was the bests place for mes" she said softly "Its reallys is differents here ins the Americas... Its really is warms heres"

Alice
07-09-2010, 08:32 PM
"Where you grew up?" asked Nikki, curiosity obvious in her voice. "Where are you from?"
She grabbed on to the branch above hers tightly, pulling herself up into it. Doing the same on a higher branch, she kept climbing until she was almost at the top. The higher branches were probably too weak to support her weight, so she settled on the branch she was on.

Bia
07-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Joanna jiggled a little in her seat, she was soo pumped. Sure she was still a little out of breath and felt a little drained, but that was all forgotten in her adreniline rush from actually accomplishing something.

She turned to Janus, barely catching his next question:

"I dunno." she answered "I hope we start with Bio though! I stink at Chemistry and Physic's bleh" she said smiling, rubbing her arms. Why was school always so cold? It's like they had the AC on 24/7. She would much rather be outside letting the warm sun soak into her skin...

Pyro
07-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Silence swiftly followed her new friend up the branches, not even losing her breath as she made her way to the top. Then, putting on the thick accent she clearly lacked, she said,
"I'm from Bahston though I don't really give a crap about basebawll." She giggled and swung upside down from the branch she was sitting on, holding on with her legs. "City's an interesting place for a kid," she continued, dropping the accent, "If you're smart you can find places no one could even look for."

Yamimoon
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Ryan smiled at her as she spoke, not noticing the reddening in her cheeks and he knew that this just might be what he has been looking for. “Yes it is quite warmer here than other places, but that is why this place can make great gardens like this one,” Ryan said as he pointed out to the beautiful garden that surrounded them.

Crow
07-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Coco smiled and nodded "Mmhmm!" she said giggling a bit afterwards. She then began to play with her long black hair for something to do "Sos... Umm, Wheres are yous froms?" she said softly.

mcstringer
07-15-2010, 05:57 AM
Dr. Quentin Howes stared hard down his glasses at his students. He let the stifling noises of his students stop before speakiing. He moved his labcoat from his arm and threw it on like a regal robe.

"Good Day class. I am Dr. Quentin Howes, and welcome to your first introduction to a true science class. You will not waste my time in my class. I will not repeat information you can find out for yourself, and I will punish laziness by simply piling on more work."

He paused for breath and to sip from a water bottle, which was located on a corner of his desk. He waited until he thought everything he said sunk in, which was not long.

"All of you attending class are responsible for getting the information from my lectures to the absentees and remind them they have extra homework waiting for them. If you haven't cycled your little brains around my soullessness yet, let me add an additional factoid for you.

am the displinarian of this school. Though every teacher here will try to keep their problems in house, some of you little twits will eventually make it to me. Those that do will no longer wonder how the entire mansion and estate is so clean and well kept."

He takes another small swig from his bottle.

"Now that I have spoken about how the cogs of my class are run and got the required conduct mess out of the way. I will finally tell you about the class itself.
....."

Dr. Howes voice became mildly passionate.

"Unlike most, no, all of your previous science classes. I will not stick you one section of science alone and harp on it. I'll speak on a bit of Biology, bit of Chemistry, then maybe a bit of Physics. Because no real science can be taught without teaching the rest of them. Our natural world interconnects everything and it is beyond idiocy to try and seperate each science into seperate piles to be forgotten over the summer. I will guarantee you will remember atleast some of what I teach you next year. I will answer reasonable questions with the best of my ability. I will not answer a question that will make me repeat what I have already said or questions like 'What is the answer to number 1'. If we are clear on this, I will start taking questions about anything class related. I would prefer not to answer questions about myself personally during class. Any other time would be fine. Who has the first question?"

Yamimoon
07-24-2010, 07:05 AM
When she asked her next question Ryan got a little defensive in tone, but he knew that she hade the right to ask him since he did the same. “That is a long story. Well I was a member of a wealthy family, and not treated to well because of my power. They tried to hide me from the world ,and though never treated me like a member of the family. So ran away, and lived on the streets. That is where Professor Xavier found me, and brought me here, even though my other half refused his invitation,” Ryan said as the tension eased, but that is as fare as he would like to dive into his past.

Crow
07-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Coco bit her lower lip a bit cautiously "That ist so sads...." she said softly as she ajusted her dress a bit "Buts I knows that Professors Xaviers broughts us heres to protects us froms the peoples that don't understands" she said looking down at her lap.

Alice
07-30-2010, 09:41 PM
Nikki let out a yawn and sat up in bed with closed eyes. What time was it? She managed to open her eyes and peer out the window, which confirmed that it was too early. Well, she actually had no way of knowing that, but she decided that it was too early so she could go back to sleep. Very smart. The girl collapsed back into bed and covered herself with the blanket from head to toe. Her eyes closed immediately and she dozed off. Just a few minutes into sleep, a nightmare was starting to form in her head and her eyes jerked open.

With a groan, Nikki stood up - eyes still closed - and felt her way to the bathroom. With a few sprays of water to the face, she was fully awake in no time with her brain back into function mode. Yesterday she had walked into the dorm late and hadn't gotten a chance to meet her roommate. And she hadn't looked at the roommate's bed on her way to the bathroom because.. well, she had been sleeping. She didn't even know if her roommate was there at all.

She shrugged and continued to brush her teeth.

mcstringer
07-31-2010, 05:30 AM
Quenting was in the mansion's kitchen. Quentin sipped a little of his near black coffee. With only two sugars in it, the coffee sat in a plain white mug with him on a bar stool in the kitchen in a plain red t-shirt, grey sweat pants, and mocasins. He sat enjoying the smell of a new morning. His old habit of getting up at the crack of dawn as a farm boy let him enjoy these quiet mornings.With so few up, he could be a little nicer, but he drew the walls and facade of the Disiplinarian Teacher/ Nazi/ etc.... when class started again.

He left the kitchen when the students on breakfast duty began rolling in. He prefered to not get in their way. He pointedly decided to not notice the relief on the students on duty's faces. He could not stand not giving pointers on how to actually cook a meal. A real meal not toast and cereal with a little fruit. It seemed to him only country people knew how to make a good breakfast.

As he left, he waved cordially to some of the more awake students and teachers. He even stopped to have a short chat with Mrs. Everfrost about her garden and a possible tennis match later in the day. he continued on a walk about of his old home. He was in the mood to even take ANY questions form the students he passed on his tour.

Familiar
08-01-2010, 04:50 AM
BBBBBZzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Janus leapt out his small bed, the alarm ringing, literally, in his head. "Well, that worked better than expected... Jesus Christ..." Trying to calm his heart down, he extracted the small portion of himself he had put in his alarm clock the previous night. "Perhaps slightly quieter tomorrow... Save yourself some stress... His roommate still slept, unaware of the noise that had just gone off inside of Janus' head.

He dressed quickly, black slacks complimenting a dark blue shirt, and snagged his trademark toolbelt from where it hung awkwardly over a chair. Yesterday had been fun, if rather nondescript, but today was a new day. It could be amazing, it could be shit. Only time would tell.

He left the dorm quietly, his roommate still sleeping. He would grab something to eat from the cafeteria and head off to his first class.

Pyro
08-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Silence woke with a start. It was like she had fallen from the dream into her own body. She sat up, pressing her hands to her face as a means to hold onto the fading images.

I dreamed I was on fire...but it didn't burn...

It wasn't like Silence was afraid of fire either. In actuality, she was something of a pyro. But the dream still terrified her, leaving her shaking in the grey of the early morning. What does it mean? Silence didn't need to be a psychic to have premonitions. In fact, many women experience these "disturbances" from time to time. Silence herself had had several of these large experiences in her life, most specifically before her parents died and before Professor Xavier contacted her. In each of the instances she had no idea what was going to happen, just that something would.
Silence shook herself out of her funk...literally. She knelt on all fours and rapidly shook her entire body like a cat shaking off dander.
"Come on, girl," she grumbled to herself, "Get on with it." So she pushed the dream to the back of her mind, got herself ready, and left the room.

Bia
08-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Joanna lay under her sunflower, staring up at the sun. As every plant knows, the best sunlight is the fresh sunlight of morning. So naturally, Joanna was up at the crack of dawn everyday to get her daily dosing of natural light.

She hadn't really talked to her roommate at all. In fact she hadn't even spent more than an hour awake in her new room at all. For her it was just a place to sleep. She would much rather be outside than in a small shared room.

The smell of bacon and muffins wafted from the school cafeteria and Joanna stirred from her spot. She sat up, brushing dirt from her hair and pink sundress (http://reverie.meltstudio.com/gallery/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/keyhole_sundress_pink.jpg) before standing up. She gave a mental goodbye to the plants...and breathable air, and headed into the school.

Pyro
08-23-2010, 10:56 PM
(I'm keeping this alive by bullshitting. ^_^)

Silence walked downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. Though she wasn't much of a breakfast person (usually waiting several hours before eating something) she needed something to take her mind off the strange dream. Upon entering the kitchen, she quietly slipped a few pieces of fruit into her jacket pocket before leaving as quickly as she came. No one noticed her come or go and she was happy to keep it that way. Getting yelled at for sneaking around was not on Silence's to-do list. Yawning exaggeratedly, she pulled an apple from her swiped stash and tossed it between her hands a few times before biting into it. She leaned against the wall in the hallway adjacent to the kitchen tucking one hand into her pocket while she ate. It was then her sensitive ears picked up on a conversation down the hall...

Redwynn
09-17-2010, 12:11 AM

Merry
10-10-2010, 04:19 PM
This game is being recycled - it can be revived at any time by sending a PM to anyone on the staff should you wish to continue this game.