PDA

View Full Version : CHIP'S NEW BOOK!!!

Chip the 3rd
09-07-2013, 09:59 PM
It's finally here. Uploading one chapter at once... Feedback welcome in between!

Mordecai Jones is a twenty-year-old vlogger in the domed city of Trassin. He runs a webshow called "Surviving The Storm", with his (interspecies) girlfriend, Bangladesh "Freehoof" Kessler. But when food rations begin to mysteriously vanish and other survivors begin to act strangely, Mordecai and Bangladesh are thrust into an adventure spanning the entire Dome...

It was a bright day in Trassin. The Dome, sealed tight around the city, kept out the infection. No one really knew where it came from, but it stopped most outside threats dead. There were still some creatures in the city, and The Infection had developed strangely in animals. Made a lot of them... Sentient. Human-like. For Bangladesh, known as simply Bang to her friends, and the other zebras, this mutation was most evident. She trotted down the cobblestone pavement, looking around for food reserves and other interesting items. Abruptly, she collided with a human.

"Watch it, Stripe," the human spat as he got up, brushed himself off and walked down the street in the other direction.
"I AM ZEBRAIC!" she protested. She was so TIRED of that word. That humans would take a symbol of such pride and make it so insulting! Bang couldn't believe it. She checked the time, desperate to take her mind off it. "Oh, shoot!" she exclaimed, taking off at top speed toward the nearby apartment. "I'm here, Mordecai!" she called out as she dived through the door of the top apartment in the block.

"Well, what took ya?" shrugged Mordecai. He was a young man, with dark hair and a Pink Floyd shirt, with ripped jeans.
"Some speciesist. I'm ready now," Bang smiled, resting on the bed. And so, filming began... However, below ground, something stirred.

A spider crawled across a metal floor, through a red beam, promptly bursting into flame. That beam continued on its way, hitting the scanner set to read its signals. With its activation, an engine started up, and pistons began to whirr and thud. And as they moved, so did the immense Eternal Engine...

"So what do we have today?" asked Bangladesh, after a brief rest.
"Well," Mordecai thought for a moment, "there's a supply drop scheduled two hours from now. It's not too far, actually. If we take off now, we might make it."
"Mmkay," replied Bang, getting up, "let's go, then. Don't forget the camera!" she called, breaking into a full-on gallop.
"I'm not gonna!" Mordecai shouted back, as he ran after her.

The journey to the drop-off was uneventful, save for a brief pause for the two to catch their breath and look at the surprisingly undamaged scenery of Trassan's urban centre. After that, it was little more than a jog down two roads, to the place where a SEAL team was cutting through the dome. One of the armoured group lowered a large box into the fresh hole, which Mordecai documented. He then filmed the whole thing, even as they sealed the hole back up.

As for his Zebraic companion, Bangladesh, she had noticed a familiar face in the crowd that was rapidly gathering for supplies.
"...Kaji? Kaji! Is that you?!" she exclaimed in surprise, charging toward the elder zebra with uncharacteristically reckless abandon. It WAS him. Her dear Kaji. Her papa, who she hadn't seen for months. And yet, he didn't look a day older!
"How are you, Freehoof?" Kaji grinned toothlessly, bowing his head. Bang responded with a gentle "free hoof" to the side of his head. A violent gesture, but a playful one.
"I don't like being called that, Kaji, but since it's you... I guess I'll let you off," she groaned.

"Hey kid," Kaji returned the affectionate attack, "you're the one who insists on calling me by title," he chortled, "so how come I can be Kaji, but you can't be Freehoof?"
"I... I don't free-run any more, Ka... Dad," Bang explained, rapidly collecting herself. It seemed formality was going to be abandoned for this meeting...