PDA

View Full Version : [IC] The Construct Wars

Mr.Handsome
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
A sleepy hamlet in the neutral plains between the three kingdoms marks the rendezvous point for Clank. The Mechanic pushed up the rim of his hat and looked over the small village of Red Leaf. His green eyes easily pierced the darkening landscape. The night was young and he had covered much ground since he first set off, all but abandoning his unit to achieve the glory he craved to lift him above his rank and file brethren. He pulled his cloak close and made his way down the sloping hill towards The Broken Talisman, the tavern he had been instructed to find.

Being a mostly standard Mechanic, he stood at 6’ even and weighed 185 without gear, as most rank and files did. He was part of a newly formed ‘Musket Corp’ and was given one of the new devices. Clank never cared for the accuracy and the time it took to reload, but when it hit, the recipient rarely got back up. His wood and metal body occasionally glinted against the small amount of moonlight.

__________________________________________________ _______

In the tavern, a young, worried, robed lad and an older dark haired man in similar robes to his counterpart sat together in the abandoned room. The place had closed and its owner had long retired to his own house. This served as the most private meeting place the pair cared to muster.

“Suppose they don’t come.” The young boy’s eyes darted to his master.

“And suppose the sun refuses to rise. You worry too much, Max.” The older man peaked out a window, one hand casually on his short goatee and the other crossed across his chest, resting in the crook of his elbow.

“We have nothing to give these constructs. What do soulless warriors have to offer us? Bodyguards? Fodder?”

“Think about this young one. Those who have been born like you and me don’t appreciate life. We take it nearly for granted. This war just goes to show. How many lives have been snuffed out by the foolishness of the living? But think of those who are created. Those who have life given to them. The smart ones, the right ones, have an appreciation for life that we simply can’t comprehend. They remember what it’s like to be soulless. The smart ones will fight for that extra inch to preserve themselves and others. Hopefully.” He grinned at that last remark. Max shook his head.

“Master Brodrock, I really don’t understand.”

“And that’s why I’m here. I’ve known you since you were just a little boy. How old were you? Six? Seven?”

“Six…” Max muttered.

“And now eight years later, you have grown and learned so much. Do not worry of the little ignorances now. They will pass.” Brodrock smiled and patted his apprentice on the back. Max just grumbled and laid his chin on the bar. Brodrock moved to check the sky out of the window once more.

“It shouldn’t be long now…”

XxGamerGirlxX
06-30-2010, 02:32 PM
The night before Amata had to sign up to act in the Construct Wars, she escaped her living quarters, which is located near the fire Elemental Factory where she was made, and ventured into the neighbooring forrest.

She was found practicing her round-kicks on the bark of a tree. "192, 193, 194." She bark was significantly dented and scarred from Amata's kicks. She was so into beating her personal record for round-kicks that she hadn't heard the rustling bushes behind her. "197, 198, 199." She started to struggle on the last kick. Her hips and thighs were worn out. "200!" She screamed into the dead night.

Decius Aurilius clears his throat behind her. She swirls around, forcing fire into the palms of her hands and switches into Guardian Stance (right leg back, fists protecting both sides of her jaw). Immediatly, she saw know threat, but she couldn't move. She was so shocked. Decius Aurilius, her creator, was standing in front of her in flesh and bones. What shocked her even more was his stance. He wasn't in an attack position...or defense position. He trusted her not to attack.

He wore a brown cloth robe and held a tall, wooden staff in his right arm. Towards the top, the staff zig-zagged. "I trust you to not attack, Amata."

"You...know my name..." She finally pulls herself together, shakes her head, pulls back the flames from her palms, stands straight with feet together and bows. "Arch-Mage Decius Aurilius."

"Amata Crimson." He bows with Amata. "Of course, I know your name. You are my most prized creation. You are like no one else in your race. I know this because I have watched you. I watched you grow, I studied your feelings."

"I'm not like everyone else, Sir. I am weak when it comes to love. I am almost human." She lays her head down in shame.

"That weakness has made your fighting much stronger, Amata. You channel that longing for Braeden and focus it into fighting. I wish my other creations could possibly do that." Decius grabs Amata's chin and holds it so she stares into his abnormally green eyes. "And you are not like humans at all. You have a gift to fight. No human can match your Martial Art skills. Fight the best you can in the war, do you understand me? Fight till the death of your soul. Fight for the Hokandree."

"I will try my best, Sir." Was all she could say. She had so many questions: Why had Arch-Mage Decius Aurilius come all this way just to speak to her? How did he find her in such deep woods? How did she become so unique? Did the Hokandree depend on her and her brothers and sisters to defend them? Where was the Council of Mages? Shouldn't they be here by their leaders side?

"We will surely meet again, Ms. Crimson." Decius lets go of her chin, turns around and walks back to the bush. She watches him leave until there was nothing but a shadow left. Then, a bright light took the shadows place - and then nothing.

Suddenly worn out and feeling the familiar pain in her legs, she leaned against the tree trunk and slides down to the green grass. It was early at night and she had a lot of time to think through what just happened.

bluemoon
07-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Orange eyes flashing in the near darkness, Ayame stalked the streets of Red Leaf on her way to The Broken Talisman. Her keen sense of smell picked up the distinct smell of a mechanic. Wrinkling her nose in disgust, she bared her glistening fangs and growled low and deep, her nails extending into talons and the soft fur on her palms thickening. Pausing, she caught herself before the transformation could take hold. There would be time after the "mission" to seek revenge on her enemies.

Her undead body needed little rest and required even less nourishment, but she found the rending and consuming of warm flesh most satisfying--almost a compulsion. Giving in to this desire, she often sought out the lesser creatures that had the misfortune of crossing her path. Her meat she ate raw, unless forced to consume it otherwise in the presence of others. Tonight would be no different.

Catching a tantalizing scent, she allowed her cape to fall from her shoulders and went down on all fours. Chasing a stray billy that was nosing the ground, she quickly pounced on the unsuspecting creature. A sharp bleat escaped it's mouth seconds before she tore into it's throat. Hot blood splashed over tongue as she lapped up the steaming fare. She tore off chunks of the flesh and swallowed the pieces whole. Her body resembled a half wolf-like creature--the upper half mostly wolf, crouching on human legs. As she devoured the goat, she growled softly, content and absorbed in her pleasure. With the last piece consumed, she licked the blood from her fur and skin. Her flesh was cool under her tongue--barely warmer than the surrounding air.

Doning her cape once again, the sated werewolf made her way to the chosen destination. She pushed open the doors of the tavern, seeing the man and boy sitting together at a table. Pushing back the cowl of her cape, her golden hair fell free of the restraint and she stepped forward boldly.

"You are the ones? ..the humans?" She asked, her voice silken and deep. She allowed her gaze to linger on the boy--he was a fresh and tender morsel. Running her tongue over her canines, she smiled at him. "I am Ayame..at your service."