PDA

View Full Version : [R] Lunae Lux OOC

Superfly
07-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Rated R for excessive language, gore and possible sexual themes.

The shining beacon of hope in darkness,
Lead the way home for me,
For you reflect the light of day,
And keep children safe while they lay,
A shadow comes above the lands,
The dark one opens up his hands,
And through the children’s tears,
Evil provokes my worst fears,
Our beacon dies,
The world cries.

The year is 2412. The world of Elendil has changed. A drastic war movement 15 years ago resulted in the destruction of the moon. This caused a ripple of disastrous effects on the planets surface. Much of the Elendil’s surface now lies in a frozen wasteland, with crazy weather patterns varying from monsoons to raging blizzards. Very little of the original land still remains.

The surface of the planet became too critical for any country to survive. The days were much shorter, lasting approximately 6 hours. Life began to decline rapidly. The death toll reached hundreds of thousands of people in a matter of hours. The world was dying quickly, with many races and animals becoming extinct. Starvation took most people, and the random weather disasters took the rest. Most of the survivors, the ones who fled first, moved to the highest mountains in the southern continent of Avrean.

In a city deep beneath the planets crust the last civilisation resides. The current population is 500,000 people. They live within a bunch of deep cold caverns which spread for miles. Plagued by earthquakes, starvation, lack of supplies and disease. The survivors continue to Dwindle…

---
Anima
The last known city on Elendil. It lies fifty miles under the worlds crust, under the continent of Avrean. The houses are a set of caves with whatever shelter people can find to protect from the cold. Larger caves hold about five families, while the smaller ones would hold two.

The self-appointed leader of the last city is a man named Victor Straum. He’s the leader of the A.S.F. and decides what supplies go to who. He and The Circle personally review the skills of the Animanian citizens and appoint them jobs.

The city is powered by one lone generator. Many solar panels that are on the surface still lie intact and store power for the city. Oil is necessary for survival and heats the caverns on the extremely cold days, although the supply is low and livestock hold priority over the citizens. Most of the light goes into the greenhouse to grow whatever little vegetation there is.

There is a large lake deeper under the crust that is the cities water supply. A series of wells link to it, and the supply goes directly to A.S.F., who give families a limited supply on a weekly basis.

A.S.F.
Anima’s Security Faction. This is the only law the city knows. There are no judges or juries. The A.S.F. enforce the laws of the city.
Their leader is Victor Straum who to the citizens is a dictator, and A.S.F.’s a fine hero amongst men. He appointed himself the leader because he had the weapons and the powers to do so. Guns assured him that he could uphold the law and keep stability. The main code of the A.S.F. is that the city doesn’t turn on each other and it doesn't turn to "Every man for himself". The A.S.F ensures peace for the most part.

The Circle
The Circle is Victor Straum’s closest advisors. They are political figures to give the appearance of a democracy. They appoint people jobs, and decide who gets supplies and medicine. The Circle holds about 200 people in it’s group and each member has a different section of the city to run.

Technology
Before the apocalypse many of the races had reached a golden age of use of technology. Airships infested the skies and gunpowder ruled the battlefield. Radio and TV were invented and used on a regular basis.
Much of the technology was lost, leading the average person to return to using wood to create fires.
The city gets by on using scrap metal from the airships that managed to stay intact after the moon was destroyed.

Magic
The use of magic has been rare since the moon was destroyed. Magic is said to have come from special souls who can manipulate the energy of nature around them. Since the people fled under ground the use of magic went into great decline. Anyone who is born, or was lucky enough to survive with magic is branded on the face by the A.S.F. for easy identification and so scientists can study them to know exactly how they still have their power.

People with magic are greatly respected for helping others. Although, since the moon disappeared overuse of magic results in internal damage which can be quite fatal.

This morning...
The people of Anima are awakened by the large rumbles and shakes in the caverns. Rocks fall, the ground opens up causing thousands of people located downtown to fall to their deaths as the city is swallowed by the ground. The power generator fails to produce electricity, leaving the entire city shrouded in darkness and fueled with panic.

Victor Straum issues the order of a strange group to travel up to the surface and fix the problem, little did he know, this would be the beginning of the end for Anima…

---
Alright, yes. The newbie is making a thread. :D Give me a chance. Anyways, the rp begins the morning of the quake. Each of us will experience it at the start, then somehow, if you’re willing or not we get ordered (Or forced) to go up to the surface and I’ll take the story from there.

I’d really enjoy a very detailed character developed plot, meaning… our characters come first, and not the main plot.

Rules
I don’t really have any rules, just that people don’t godmod, power play or treat someone else like crap unless it's part of your character. Oh, and have a fun time.

Character Sheet
Name:
Race: (A lot of races have been dying down in the past few years. So naturally, I’m allowing anything...except werewolves for obvious reasons. :D )
Job: (This goes from repairman to medic to basically anything you can pluck out of your imagination.)

Appearance:

Capable of Magic: (Yes/No)
Weapon:
Personality:
History: (Keep in mind that the world has been destroyed for the past 15 years, so if you’re playing a younger character, their history for the most part should be focused around the city of Anima.)

Superfly
07-05-2010, 11:13 PM
My Characters

Name: Garahl Harkins
Race: Human
Job: Mechanic.

Appearance: Garahl is tall, standing at 6'5. He has several scars on his face, which is intimidating to most. He is well toned. He has dark eyes, and dark hair is usually messy, but blends in with his red trench coat which stretches down to his ankles. he wears black trousers and boots.

Capable of Magic: No
Weapon: http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/galaxies111/02_03_15_l.jpg
Personality: Garahl’s is a man who accepts the past and moves on quickly learning from it. He’s abrasive, and speaks his mind whenever he has the chance, although, he often does this to the people he respects the most, referring to it as sage wisdom. Behind his rough abrasive nature is a man shrouded in secrecy. He is fairly quiet, not having much to say unless he needs to say it. He cares enough to fulfill promises to friends, and would do anything for those he feels he has wronged.

History: Much of Garahl’s past is shrouded in secrecy. What Tess has got from him in the past 15 years has only been stuff regarding her parents. He was involved in the war that resulted in the end of the world and personally knows but has a large dislike for Victor Straume that he is vocal about.

He had friends once, her parents. However, they couldn’t make it back to her when the apocalypse began and the weather disasters killed them. Through a promise to them, he protected her and brought her to the last civilization alive; Anima.

Through the years, Garahl has grown fond and protective of Tess and grown to like her annoying questions, and curious nature that usually gets him into trouble. He’s managed to put his past life behind him and take up the job as mechanic which is a lot cleaner than what he used to be.

Name: Tessanja Saliel
Race: Elf
Job: Mechanic

Appearance: Tess is small in height, she reaches 5’4 in size and has blue eyes which are powerfully entrancing. She has blonde hair, and very pointy ears. She wears a green wooly jumper and black coat that she nearly always keeps closed. She has a habbit of wearing leather boots that clash with her outfit, but she claims she likes the comfort she gets from it.

Capable of Magic?: No
Weapon:http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/Guardian0/crossbow.jpg
Personality: Tess is a young girl who is curious enough to ask questions at the wrong time. She’s quick witted and sarcastic however always willing to speak her mind. She has a deep respect for the ones who have her back and is bothered by indifference to terrible situations.

History: Tess was four when her parents were killed by the natural disasters that took her home. She didn’t know much about him at the time, but Garahl took her with him to Anima. At the time she didn’t understand the dangers of the world and why she had to leave the forests. She did feel it was a lot colder. One of Tess’ first memories with Garahl is when the human stranger gave her his coat to protect her from the raging blizzards.

Since then she has been raised by him, although she’d be the first to admit that he isn’t the best father figure. She thinks of him more as an uncle, and respects him greatly for caring for her and making the effort to be there for her.

She was issued a job as a mechanic when she was 16 and worked with Garahl fixing little things of importance.

TZS
07-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I get it now! The difference between Newb and Noob. This has some crazy awesome potential. I've been toying with a Naga character; are there any particular personality types you're looking for?

Superfly
07-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Not particulary. Like I said, it's an rp where the characters come first so..., anything you feel is right.

TZS
07-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Name: Illta Inshallu (Pronounced Ee-yet-ah Een-shy-yoo)
Race: Naga
Job: Doctor, (the more physical side, less medicine, more surgery and the like) also a member of Victor Straum's Circle; when no one is in need of medical attention he keeps watch over the livestock.

Appearance: Tail included, Illta is a good five meters long, but usually hovers at about two, or just around six feet even. He has dark, gold gold colored skin that becomes a mottled red and brown pattern traveling down his spine from skin to scales and along the rest of his tale, though his belly scales are the same gold color as his skin. His eyes are a matching red, as are the palms of both hands, and his hair- usually pinned up in a lazy mess because he hasn't the time, means, and opportunity to cut it together in a room for going on twelve years now- is corresponding dark brown. (Will edit to include brand if it is a specific shape?)

And in case you were ever curious about bone structure and organ distribution: Skeletal Structure (http://thezerosystem.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d6b9wc) | And Innards... (http://thezerosystem.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d6b9wc)

Capable of Magic: Yes

Weapon: Spear (http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=spear&order=9&offset=72#/d1d8ahy)

Personality: Illta has always been very calm and practical, something that has become almost a necessity for survival, but he has a soft spot for children, especially since the loss of his mate Duunu and their nest. He is generally pretty quiet- Naga are not, by nature, chatty folk, as they tend to have trouble pronouncing some of the words of the common tongue.

History: Naga are- were- a very long lived race. Illta was hardly considered an adult by their standards when he was mated to Duunu at 71, but they were a happy family for a long time. Duunu was an surgeon, Illta is a hunter; but eighteen years close working with a doctor is no experience to go to waste in these times.

Their oldest was one of the first casualties of the war times, Duunu followed, succumbing to an influenza that could have been easily treated had there only been the supplies along with their youngest, unborn. Their middle son escaped with Illta into this last of the cities, but he was a hunter as well; he left with one of the first parties seeking resources and survivors that did not return.

Illta accepted the identifying brand of a magic user without argument, though what magic is left in the world after the loss of the moon can only be tapped in small amounts and with great effort.

John
07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Superfly
07-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks Nazguljcg!

I've posted in the Roleplayer Games Directory. Hopefully it attracts more players. I just hope that because I'm a newb that it doesn't put people off.

TZS
07-07-2010, 05:21 AM
We were all newbs once, you gotta start somewhere- you're ahead of the curve in my opinion. You have good setting that gets people to interact; and character development is at least just as important as plot.

I'm so sorry my character is sketchy, I'll be editing him/her as soon as I get my laptop back tonight. Right now I'm on my phone and apparently I can post...but I can't edit my posts- I hit the button on accident and here I am...

Oh but I meant to ask if a magic capable would even be among the Circle (sorry for calling it the council I had like five people refusing to let me be properly anti-social at the time. I'll fix that too!)?

John
07-07-2010, 05:30 AM
And just to throw in an extra two cents, the ways above are some ways to get your RP noticed. But you could also hit up the people who post intro threads. Say hi and ask them to check out your RP, providing a link

Lord Veneficus
07-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Name: Nevyn Holder
Race: Human
Job: Blacksmith

Appearance: He's a big, muscular man. Stands at 6'1". Has bright blue eyes, long black hair he keeps in a ponytail, and a black goatee. He wears a black leather trench coat (when it's cold out), dark blue sleeveless tunic (which hangs to his middle thigh), black leather belt, black pants, and knee high leather boots.
Capable of Magic: No

Weapon: http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk278/SMZ_2008/A-Sword.jpg Made of steel that he refined himself.

Personality: (Can I skip this? I kinda wanna portray him through his actions and words.)
History: Grew up on Elendil. He learned how to fight from his father and forge metal, as well. Been a blacksmith all his life, forging a variety of metals and mastering each before the war that destroyed the planet. He mostly works with iron now and, if he's lucky, steel.

He now lives in Anima, making his money by forging weapons and making tools.

Superfly
07-07-2010, 06:22 AM
Accepted. And yeah, it's fine that there's no personality. I just do it so I can understand them and make sure they live by their rules.

Superfly
07-07-2010, 06:34 AM
We were all newbs once, you gotta start somewhere- you're ahead of the curve in my opinion. You have good setting that gets people to interact; and character development is at least just as important as plot.

I'm so sorry my character is sketchy, I'll be editing him/her as soon as I get my laptop back tonight. Right now I'm on my phone and apparently I can post...but I can't edit my posts- I hit the button on accident and here I am...

Oh but I meant to ask if a magic capable would even be among the Circle (sorry for calling it the council I had like five people refusing to let me be properly anti-social at the time. I'll fix that too!)?

They certainly would. Straum would want to keep them close to him and keep an eye on them. While some people are dependent on magic for heat and resources, so a lot of people would respect them.
If Straum had one on the council, even better.

The reason for the brand is not just descrimination, but so they can be identified by the average person for help if needed.

And just to throw in an extra two cents, the ways above are some ways to get your RP noticed. But you could also hit up the people who post intro threads. Say hi and ask them to check out your RP, providing a link

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again!

Pastel Apathy
07-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Name:
Elvryn Firon
Race:
Fae
Job:
A herbologist of sorts.

Appearance:
Elvryn stands at five foot two inches tall, being of slightly above average height for her race. She has long red hair that cascades just past her shoulders, silken to the touch. Her skin is rather tan, and her big, almond shaped eyes are a light baby blue. She has a petite frame, with not many curves, but she is fit, and well toned.

Capable of Magic:
Yes, but it is harder and more strain on her body. Though, this isn't to say she can't use magic. She just has to reach towards it more, and using it makes her feel ill afterward.
Weapon:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb275/kittykatdemon453/Short_Sword.jpg
Personality:
Elvryn is a straight to the point kind of person. She's brutally honest, and upfront. Most people take this as rude, but Elvryn doesn't see the point of lying, and has almost never told a single lie. If she doesn't like someone, she will tell them straight to their face, and will not hold back. This isn't to say that she doesn't know kindness, for she does. Her kindness is often overridden by her honest nature. Though, she can comfort people, she will not lie, but she will work around saying brutal things.
History:
Elvryn doesn't talk about her past. If she can avoid it, she will. Though, there are some known facts about her past that have slipped up from her. One is that when she was young, she had an accident with magic that makes it harder for her to use magic. What the accident was is not known, and no one knows if it can be fixed or not for Elvryn never lets anyone close enough to try and figure what happened. Another notable thing that has slipped up is that when Elvryn was a kid, her parents were never around. She grew up pretty much in the care of her mother's sister, who always lied to Elvryn. People suspect this is why she never tells lies. Other than this, nothing has really slipped up about Elvryn's past.

Superfly
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
TZS, Accepted. Nice character! The brand can be anything, but usually it would be on skin that is visible for others to see.

Twi, also a nice character. Accepted. :D

Seems to be a lot of older characters in the rp. I wasn't expecting that. Usually everyone goes for the young humans, this board seems more original. I like. :D

We'll start when we get one more. If no one joins by tomorrow evening, I'll set it up anyways.

Pastel Apathy
07-07-2010, 09:24 PM
Thank you! And yes, this board is more original. I've been with the board for a year and a half now. :D

TZS
07-07-2010, 09:51 PM
WEWTNESS! Rpa is a great bored. People actually look to contribute to the story here, making themselves important to the story rather than just trying to be important in the story- If that makes any kind of sense. Not that other boards don't... just... Rpa is a great crowd.

Superfly
07-08-2010, 10:24 AM
It makes sense. I just want this to pick up off the ground. :D

Superfly
07-08-2010, 11:09 PM
IC is up. :D

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=263093#post263093

TZS
07-09-2010, 06:00 AM
I'll have a post up tomorrow, tonight has been so exhausting I'm welcoming my nightmares as long as there will be sleep involved- that's no condition to write in, you deserve better... So! Tomorrow.

Superfly
07-09-2010, 09:36 AM
That's fine! I hope you feel better!

Lord Veneficus
07-09-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm gonna have to drop out of this Superfly. I just realized I have too much on my plate and need to cut back on one.

Superfly
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
That's too bad, LV. If you wish to come back there's an open spot for you. :D