PDA

View Full Version : Spirits: The Lost Scroll Of Humanity

moksh123
10-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Hey, Guys! Here's a story I've written. Please Review! :)

Spirits: The Lost Scroll of Humanity

Chapter 1:

Firstly, I am not stupid. Don't even dare to think about it. I'm gonna tell you everything that occured to me. And, it's true.

My name's Karan Grover. I am an average boy. I study, but I don't get much marks. I always forget most of the things when I sit in the exam. I mostly score 50 or 60 out of 90 marks. My report card's full of B1 grades.

The thing you should know that I'm in 6th grade. I'm just a kid. But such things had happened to me you won't believe.

So this started on my first day of 6th grade. I live in a small house, it's grey in colour and has a white roof. I had a very bad dream.

The dream was like, it was midnight and I was standing on a street with a lot of grey buildings on my side. Street lamps were lit and little breeze was blowing.

I don't know why but I couldn't move. I tried a lot, but no. Some body held my hand. I looked around, but nobody was there.

The hand started dragging me, I tried my best not to go. But the power of the hand was more. It kept dragging me. The hand then slammed me towards a wall. I defended myself. But then the hand held my head. It was about to thrush me into the wall when I heard a voice.

Where is that scroll? Tell us, Karan Grover! I heard in my mind.

How did it know my name? And, which scroll? I couldn't even speak. The voice again said, Tell us, or we'll kill you!

Again, I could speak. I was scared, what was happening? You won't tell us, it'll be good for you to die!

The scene changed, I was standing on a dead end. Beneath me was a valley. It was time for me to say Good-Bye.

I don't know how, but somebody pushed me, some invisible thing. I slipped and began my journey to death!

I woke up, I saw I was on the ground. I slipped from my bed. At least it was a dream, I didn't die.

I heard a voice on my door, it was my mom's. She said, "Karan, don't want to go to school. It's your first day, you should be excited! "

How could I be excited? It was first day, and I got such a bad dream. Mom called me again. So, OK. I thought it wouldn't be so bad.

I got ready for school. Did I mention I study at Delhi Provate School (DSP)? I didn't. Anyways, after getting ready, I went to eat my breakfast.

I took my milk and few dry fruits. I took a toasted bread and said Bye to mom. At least, I got a little excitement. I'd meet new friends and teachers. We'll get new topics to study. Yeh, I know study is a boring thing, but I got a little excited.

I always go to my school on a cycle. I got on my cycle and raced with a boy who lives next door.

I have to admit it, my first three periods went good. I sat with a boy named Rudra. We interacted with each other and got to know a little about each other. We introduced ourselves to new teachers.

But the real problem started in the fourth period. I went to the washroom to do number one. But when I opened the tap to wash my hands, the handle broke out. The water came out and started to spread. But I didn't pushed so hard.

Soon, the rain of water started. Light started to flicker and fell down, with electricity spreading all over. I ran from there!

I went to my class and sat there. What could I do? I just couldn't leave it like that. I decided to stay quiet.

People discovered it in the 6th period. Principal called the plumber and the water stopped. With help of the school electrician, they took the bulb out. Principal announced on the speaker that whoever had done this, she won't leave him/her! She said that the student should turn out himself and follow the right path of honesty.

Scare shot through me. What to do now? If I got caught, Principal woudn't leave me. I decided to keep quiet.

It was sure that my first day in the school went with a blast of terror. While I was going back to home, I decided to stop at a Pizza counter, I hadn't eaten anything till break because of guilt.

Finally, I ordered a small size Cheese Pizza. While I was eating it, a person in black coat came and sat on my table.

I said, "Excuse me, I'm eating here. You could take another table. "

He came near me and said, "I'll go. But today meet me at the park near your home. And, if you don't come, I'll kill you! "

He said and went away. What the heck?! A person just came and threatened to kill me and I remained quiet!

Spirits: The Lost Scroll of Humanity

Chapter 2

I had guilt of the washroom incident all the way. But the odd thing was that a man who I don't even know threatened to kill me. What the heck was happening to me?!

What buisness did he have for me in park? What was so important? I didn't know, but all I had was an option to go or not.

When I reached home, I tried to remain happy, so Mom wouldn't get to know that my first day had gone worse. Mom hugged me and sent me upstairs to my room.

I changed my clothes and sat on my bed. Now I had two bad things, guilt and option. If I decided to go, I have to think a plan to escape without my Mom's permission. Mom thinks that crime had increased all over India, and if I go to play, somebody would kidnap me. So, I have to stay at my home.

Experts say that concentration of a student increases only when he plays at least 1 hour a day. I think because I'm not allowed, my marks go down.

Anyways, I thought a lot and came with solutions of both the problems. For my guilt, I decided to tell my Dad. He's the nicest person in the world. He'd surely understand my problem.

For the option, I decided to go. For safety, I decided to take a knife with me. Yeah, a real knife. You'd think it can kill people. Sure, if the man attacks me, I should have something to protect me. To escape, my Mom takes an afternoon nap from 4 to 6 p.m. At that time, I'd slip out of the door.

At 4 p.m things went as I planned it. I ran towards the park, with the knife inside my pocket. When I reached the park, the man in the black coat was standing there.

'Oh, so you're here. I thought you wouldn't come, coward! ', he said.

'I am not a coward! You are a coward! ', I replied.

'Well, then boy, prove it. Come here. ', He said.

I was stuck again into a dangerous option. My Mom had always told me not to talk with strangers. But sorry, Mom. I'll have to disrespect you. I'll have to show this man that I am not a coward!, I thought.

I checked the knife in my pocket and went near to that man.

'Have you got somethin' little kid? You know I can crush you with my left hand. You are such a foolish! ', He said.

Then something really worse happened. The man put this hand in his coat and took out a sword. Yes, a real sword. One that has sharp blade. The sword had a black handle.

The man grinned, 'My name's Jaamin. Today is your last day, you'll remember my name in the heaven. JAAMIN, my boss. '

He raised his sword in the air. Like, he was going to slash me now! A chill went down my spine. I tried to pinch myself to make sure it wasn't a dream.

I got a crazy idea, I took out my knife and slashed it beneath his chest and tried to run. But the man smirked, 'You can't kill me, boy! But, I can KILL you. '

I turned to look, NO BLOOD on his chest! Was he a human or not?! But, he looked like a human. NO he was immortal!

But, one question, who was he? I got into speed again, ran towards my home. I almost reached it! Just a few metres for my door to open!

But somebody snatched me, the same man. I screamed! Somebody help me!

Then something happened, I took a big relief. When the man had raised his sword, I heard a big roar of a tiger. Behind the man, a fire started burning from nowhere. The flame gave form to a Tiger! A fully fledged TIGER!

The Tiger jumped on the man and fought to him! I couldn't see the whole drama! I ran inside my home and went upstairs. When I saw from the window, the man and tiger were GONE. Yeah, gone.

Had I imagined the whole thing? But I realised something very important. Something was wrong. That dream, the washroom incident, the attack, the tiger. These all had connection with each other.But What?

Oops, I think I forgot something. I had to give mom the pendrive she asked for and I had to look through my cupboard, because my cupboard was full of clothes and other things.

But while searching, I found something even strange. I found a book, its name was "Spirits: The Destiny of People"

Under the title was my father's information written:

' Rohit Grover VIII G
Roll No. 37
Scholar No. 8087 '