PDA

View Full Version : Deserted Magic {M rated RP}

Lord Tully
07-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Rated M for violence, intense language, sexual situations, and other M rated situations.

So first a little back story *activates overly dramatic background music and gritty voice over*
The year is 2045, and the world has turned to hell. It used to be good here Magical beings long thought to be fairy tales came to life all around us, new power sources were invented, and it looked like the world was stepping towards peace. But some wouldn't allow it, The Front, a terrorist group of xenophobic radicals wouldn't let out new allies be and corrupted a few nations to reject Magical beings. With support from whole countries The Front needed to be stopped, so a special alliance between Japan, the UK, Ireland, Germany, Israel and a few other Magic friendly nations became The Kin, a force of human and Magical soldiers sworn to stop the Front from causing large scale damage. This effort failed and now almost every nation on Earth is embroiled in an all out war, whole nations have been torn apart at the seems by the opposing view points with only a few "safe zones" set up to keep civilians out of the line of fire. Near on of these safe zones is the base camp of a Rouge faction, bound to neither faction, but made up of a little of both, they are war prisoners, army deserters, and just people not content with just sitting around waiting for the war to end. It is here you live, it is here that you will fight.
*Narration ceases*
OK now that we have that out of the way let's talk what this RP is about. Our characters (Unless you have my express permission), are members of a rouge faction based in the middle of the African plains. They're probably less then 200 in the faction all together so they don't have the numbers to take on either army face to face, which is why most of their attacks are hit and run guerilla style fights.

Now the Rules.
I'm the GM so what I say goes.
These are guerilla fighters, that means most quick hit and run attacks, so heavy weapons are to be kept at a minimum, you can have them just be reasonable with them (something like a 10 pound rocket launcher is much more likely to be a heavy weapon here then a 50 pound mini gun)
Since this is a rouge faction, most of the equipment will probably be second hand or fairly inexpensive, so there won't be many of the fancy new weapons that the main two factions have.
No killing another players character without their permission (Does not count for NPCs kill as many of them as you please, but it's nice to inform us if it's someone important [like an enemy general])
Characters MUST be at least 18 years old.
The race of your character is completely open, as long as they are sentient beings they can be almost anything you can think of (some restrictions may be applied to some beings). If you're not sure about something, like for example Dragons, feel free to ask me (before you ask, Dragons are acceptable here, but only up to a certain size, try and keep them smaller then the average city bus please). And if you must know, yes humans can learn some magic, but it's very limited.
And finally, this is more of a suggestion then a rule but still, try and keep the characters varied, I love elves as much as the next geek, but I don't want 5 of them in the same RP when there's such variety avaliable.
*note these rules may be subject to change

And lastly the CS
Name:
Nickname: (Optional)
Race:
Appearance: (Pictures are welcome, any style as long as it's identifiable)
Country of Origin:
Personality:
Former Faction: (Front or Kin?)
Skills/equipment: (Non-magical)
Magical Abilities:
Other:

If anyone has suggestions feel free to speak up.

XxGamerGirlxX
07-10-2010, 03:37 AM
Name: Braeden Crimson
Race: Human
Appearance: http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv242/forever33/YoungMan.jpg
Personality: A very laid back guy, except when made angry. Always tries to do good, even when he knows that it could get him killed.
Former Faction: The Front

Skills/equipment: A cheap 10mm pistol and a low-grade hunter rifle for a little more distance capabilities.

Magical Abilities: He has trained to control the elements, Calm Earth and Fierce Fire, but he can only control them to a certain extent and at a certain time. He can control soft dirt, small boulders and small trees. In order to control fire, he needs to be in an aggrivated or scared state. When tired (worn out from fighting, sleepy, crippled to any extent, etc.) his magical abilities temperarily drain out of him.

Other: Joined the Front simply because he needed to survive. He finally made a choice to quit the Front when he became mature about his actions and saw that this just wasn't about naive destruction, it was about murder.

Lord Tully
07-11-2010, 03:20 AM
That looks alright, I'd like it if you were a touch more detailed, but it's fine as it is.

John
07-11-2010, 03:22 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?