PDA

View Full Version : Slaves No More [IC]

roan
07-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Ulions Bathing House – The Temple District

Walking up to the large structure one might not think this place was meant for base slaves. Its dunmer architecture was old but grand. The two large wooden doors at it’s entrance to greet those who enter with a wave of warm steam. To the left is the men’s bathing room, to the right the woman’s.

Inside of each are identical to the other, a large heated pool with plentiful soaps, oils, ointments, creams, drying towels, and robes. Everything is tiled with white and brown marble, scrubbed cleaned after the bathing house is closed at dusk.

Once an individual is finished with their bathing the middle of the building is equipped for both male and female, with dozens of lounging chairs, comfortable plush sofas, and an array of fruits, breads, and meats so that one might relax and feel at peace at their stay at Ulions.

Taw’nee
When the golden suthay had first began going to Ulions she felt ashamed bathing in front of strange females; Khajiit, human, Argonian, and mer alike. After a few months this shyness had passed, finding no one judge her here. No one looked down on her, or rarely spoke to her. This bothered Taw’nee a little, feeling so dreadfully lonely at times, but let the notion pass.

Today she had arrived early from the brothel, wishing to test the water before it was tainted from others. Having brought a boar bristle brush she scrubbed the tawny fur covering her body roughly until is shined like gold and she smelled strongly of the wonderful sweet soap provided. After combing her wet mane of blonde hair she wrapped a robe around herself, tying the sash tight around her narrow waist and padded on clawed toes to the lounge room. There were a few other in the middle room, a small surprise for Taw’nee had believed she the only one here this early.

“Aaahh,” The suthay sighed in relaxation as one hand held a glass of honey wine, the other a berry tart and her body stretched along a bright green couch with two yellow pillows. It was rather quiet in the room, and this khajiit was one for conversation though she rarely received it, said sarcastically, “If I were free I think I might still want to come here.” A small laugh came from her short maw before continuing, “I don’t know about the rest of you but this is the best thing to happen to me since… well ever. Hah.”

Lord Tully
07-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Gin gave a little start when Taw'nee started speaking, this was the first time he had been left at the Ulions for a long period of time. Usually his masters brought him at a time when almost no one was there, and took him home as soon as he finished bathing, so he was not used to other people being there, much less speaking to him. Gin was sitting with his back up against a wall with a small dish of fruit in his hands, he never trusted meat or bread left in such a place to be safe to eat (Esspecially when it's provided for the Khajiit patrons). "I'd just be happy with coming here on my own, without my masters looking over my shoulders." He replied to her with a light smile, she seemed much nicer then most other slaves he saw, "At least the water is warm and fresh here, and we're allowed to stay in a room such as this for a while."

Lord Veneficus
07-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Do'Shano sat in a chair with an apple, cutting it into quarters with his claws. He felt so refreshed after the amazing bath. He sighed, looking at the Khajiit who sat near him. "Ahh, Do'Shano loves a good bath. He was beginning to stink," He said as he swallowed the last piece of his apple.

He glanced at the Khajiiti woman next to him and said, "Do'Shano hasn't seen you here before. He would like to know your name."

TZS
07-10-2010, 03:15 AM
Lady Lea was hosting one of her parlor brunches again; Allaire had been given pocket money and a pass granting him access pretty much anywhere in the city and very sweetly been told to amuse himself for the afternoon.

She had been doing this more often lately. Allaire had been trying to make himself more... well, useful around the estate, but while mother had always been supportive of art and music and books- pretty much anything Allaire had ever expressed interest in, he had to practically sneak maths and economics. It was getting easier...

He knew he had to find something he could propose as useful to his master when Lady Lea finally tired of doting on him. He was little more than a house-cat at this point and Vitrii, one of the maids, had spent the last four years delighting in reminding him exactly what happened to pretty- but essentially useless pets. He was not winding up dumped off at some brothel, thank you. Oh sure, it wasn't something Master or his Lady would mean to happen to him, but he wasn't strong enough for the farms labor- though...

He remembered sitting in his sisters arms, vaguely, the smell of hay and goats and the old Nanny's hide warm against his cheek and he thought... he wished... If one of the farms might be willing to give him a chance...

It wasn't practical. He was having trouble with some of the higher sums without a proper tutor- he had come into town hoping to find someone willing to tutor a slave, even another slave, it didn't have to be a teacher, just someone who understood this fractions concept a little better than he did.

But disappointment and the dust of the road had eventually driven him to the bathhouse. He hadn't really minded the openness of it all- it was separated boys from girls though he felt a bit out of place lacking the fur of the other patrons- But he decided it didn't matter. He was exactly what his parents had meant him to be; they could laugh if they wanted.

It still stung when a couple of the Suthay men had, though...

Allaire wrapped up in a fuzzy robe against the chill of his wet mop of hair and flopped on his stomach on one of the open divans, popping a grape in his mouth and opening his maths book he had retrieved from his things.

A woman lounging on the couch to his left sighed, swirling a glass of... something Allaire wasn't old enough to drink, even- or especially- as a slave.

“If I were free I think I might still want to come here.” She laughed. “I don’t know about the rest of you but this is the best thing to happen to me since… well ever. Hah.”

Another, a man, replied to her: "I'd just be happy with coming here on my own, without my masters looking over my shoulders... At least the water is warm and fresh here, and we're allowed to stay in a room such as this for a while."

A third chimed in; and since it seemed to be an open conversation, and something that had been weighing on his mind, Allaire rolled over and folded his hands behind his head. "If I were free, I'd go home. I miss our goats."

Someone he couldn't see from where he lay laughed at him. "Yea, house-cat; spoiled thing like you? You'd not last a day on a farm."

"Maybe not." Allaire yawned. "But still... Luxury doesn't mean much when you know it's only temporary..."

Lord Tully
07-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Gin raised an eye brow when someone was called House-cat. ~House-cat?~ he mouthed the words as the thought them and looked towards the boy the insult was aimed at, then he understood. The boy was barely younger then he was, but he could tell that what the other man was saying. "He's probably right kid, best you keep to your masters and stay away from the fields. If at least one of us can have a nice life, that's worth something." Gin then got a little spark in his mind, "But if you are set on joining us on the farms then I think I could whip you into shape, for a small fee." He grinned a bit wickedly when he brought up the fee.

TZS
07-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Allaire craned his head back over the edge and cracked an eye open. He wasn't sure he trusted the Kahjiit's greedy smile but... Well, it couldn't hurt to ask, of he was careful. He wouldn't be party to any kind of theft or violence, he wasn't going to risk what time he had left by betraying his Masters' trust but he knew he needed to be formulating some kind of backup plan, in the worst case of his Master getting rid of him once Lady Lea had moved on to her next ridiculous amusement.

"I'd like a clearer idea of this fee of yours before I agree to anything..." He started cautiously.

Lord Veneficus
07-10-2010, 04:21 AM
"Little one, Do'Shano does not think you should take the offer. Regardless of the fee. The little one should come let Do'Shano show him the way of fighting. He thinks it would be good for you," Do'Shano said, bending down and clapping the human looking Khajiit on the back.

Lord Tully
07-10-2010, 04:25 AM
"3 Septims, per day, it couldn't be too hard for you to scare up a spare 3 coins could it?" He said in a blunt tone of voice. He felt a little bad for taking the kid's money, but he could use that money to make life just a little better for every Khajiit in the room. "Get the money and come by the Delva farm after dark, you'll find me in the barn. I'll teach you most of what you'll probably be doing if you leave your current masters for a farm." Aside from the money, Gin partially hoped to scare the kid out of it, one Khajiit having a nice life was better then none of them having one.

TZS
07-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Allaire had sat up only to be practically knocked forward off the couch by 'Do'Shano's' friendly swipe. There was something warm- honest- about his voice that made Allaire smile anyway. "'Fraid I'm wouldn't make much of a warrior... But..." He frowned. "I think I could manage three septums a day, but I'm not sure what I'd tell mother. She won't even let me do chores. Don't laugh. The woman is insane."

Actually he thought he probably ought to learn something- about self defense at the very least- though he didn't know how he'd manage it either. He kicked his feet over the edge of the seat thinking. It was nice to talk to his own kind, he didn't get to very often. The other Kahjiit servants weren't allowed to talk to him and most of them wouldn't have if they could. And Vitrii... "Is there some trick to tell when someone is about to throw something at you?" Vitrii had caught him in the back of the head with a vase last month- and then blamed him; telling Lea he'd knocked it off the shelf running in the halls. A shelf that was no where near head-height.

roan
07-10-2010, 12:41 PM
The three males that had replied to her comment made Taw'nee smile. She listened intently while they spoke, having introduced herself as 'Nena' to the one cathay-rhat that called himself Do'Shano before he and the other suthay began speaking of training the younger ohmes-rhat. As they talked Taw'nee picked up one of the yellow pillows on the couch she laid upon and tossed it playfully at the nearly furless young one. "Don't do chores? Why you're no slave at all! Come to the Red Vase brothel and I'll show you some work. Ever see a dunmer female naked? Not the prettiest of sights."

Finishing the last sip of her honey mead she set the glass on a small table next to her seat, wishing to have another, but knew that at any time Meira or Deltra would be coming to relieve her of Ulions for another month. Taw'nee need not have her head fuzzy with alcohol when she arrived back to the brothel. It was near noon and the regulars would be itching to have their share.

Thinking of the duties she had facing her that the green-eyed suthay detested she spoke again, interrupting anyone speaking at the moment, "Anyone ever thought of leaving? Not the city, but the country. Go back to Elsywer, our natural home." Her voice was hushed but her eyes rimmed in white fur showed great seriousness. "Do'Shano, and you Gin," she looked at them both, "I understand by your physics that you work hard. Are you not tired of it? I for one am. One slave cannot survive getting out of the city. But three? No, that's different." Moving her emerald gaze to the young ohmes, "If you were in your own true environment I'm positive your innate abilities would come to you fast. Growing up like I think you did wasn't the best opportunity to hone your khajiit skills."

Glancing behind her should, checking for any guards that might of over heard their conversations, the golden suthay looked back to the males she questioned.

Lord Veneficus
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM
"This sounds tempting and Do'Shano is slowly losing his edge. But Master Ralas is oh so kind to Do'Shano. Do'Shano must think this through," Do'Shano contemplated. He stood up and grabbed a broom, proceeding to spin it through his clawed fingers.

He wanted to leave, but didn't know what he would do once he made it out. "If Do'Shano and his newly found friends made it out of this place, he would need a job, preferably a job where he can sharpen his skills."

Lord Tully
07-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Gin was a bit surprised when the woman started talking about escaping so suddenly, "Escape, all the way to Elsweyr? Forgive me Miss, but you're a bit too optimistic." He whispered back to her, "Sure if we left at night we could probably get a good head start on the soldiers they'd send after us, and if we avoided main roads we might get to the borders, but eventually they'd catch us and execute us. Even if we did get out of Morrowind, I don't think any of us knows their way around the other provinces, and I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be on the run and lost in either Black Marsh, Skyrim OR Cyrodiil."
Gin stopped talking for a moment to let his mind fully catch up with him, and kept his eyes on the female's expression, "I can tell that I probably can't stop you from doing this, but the least I can do is try and help. On the farm where I live I usually have to sleep in the barn if it's not raining, so I can probably hide a few things that could help you on your way, food, tools, maybe a little gold. When you decide to do it go to the Delva farm, and in the barn find the door with "Gin'raza," my name, on it and I can give you what I can, but I can't come with you."

roan
07-13-2010, 10:36 AM
“A job? Pfft! That wouldn’t be a problem, my furry friend. I’m sure there are endless opportunities in Elsweyr! I think we’re all capable of hard work, over there it would be easy. And you could live your life instead of being told what to do.” The thought of escape was now branded into her head, incapable of getting the thought out. When the stripped suthay spoke up Nena turned her attention to him, listening to him speak and already thinking of what to say. “It’s simple, really. Dunmer might be able to see in the dark like us, but we’ve an advantage they don’t. Picking up her feet Taw’nee wiggled her clawed toes. “We’re faster than they are. Yea, they’ve mounts but if we stay in the trees I doubt they’ll find us.” This might have been true in so many ways but the Dunmer were rather canny.

Gin continued speaking, Taw’nee having to bite her tongue to not interrupt. When he finished she spoke. “I’m not too keen on geography but I do know that if we traveled south west for half a week we’ll meet the Cyrodiil border. If we go west enough we’ll miss the Valus Mountains and be maybe close enough to Cheydinhal city. Once there we’ll be save, their laws will protect us there! I’m sure we’ll be able to purchase a map and other supplies. Or steal one or the two.”

If Gin didn’t want to go with them that was his own loss. It was very thoughtful of him to give a spot for everyone else to meet up, and to even risk his own hide stealing from his master but it was all up to him.

“That sounds like a good idea, thank you. But if you think you might get a lashing then reconsider. I appreciate the offer, regardless.”

Turning her striped green eyes to the young one stretched on the ground she gave a motion with her head. “So what do you think, kit? You in or would you like to stay with you ‘mother’?” How he even called a human his mother was ridiculous in Nena’s mind.

Lord Tully
07-14-2010, 12:43 AM
"Ohh don't worry about me, if I'm careful with what and how much I take by the time they realize that something's missing you'll be long gone, and it should seem like bandits took it or something. Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to the farm if I am to get all that around for you in time." Gin'raza stood up and went to gather his own clothes, "Before I leave, I would like to know your name Miss, if I am to help you like this you at least owe me that."

Lord Veneficus
07-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Do'Shano moved towards one of the large tubs and said, "Do'Shano would think Cyrodiil would provide us shelter from those who wish harm upon us. Hide in the mountains or some such. Do'Shano thinks it should be a considerable spot. He knows the terrain well."

roan
07-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Watching the stripped suthay rise from his seat to gather his belonging Taw'nee leaned back, bringing her arms up to cross behind her head as she reclined. "Call me Nena. Maybe not tomorrow night but some time in a fort night I'll be at the farm."

Turning her gaze to Do'Shano, pointed ears moving in the direction of his voice before her eyes. Her tailed flicked with interest when the cathy spoke of his knowledge of Cyrodiil. This was great news to the golden Taw'nee.

"Excellent, Do'Shano. That's great information! I'll have to ask where you bed? If you do wish to leave this horrible place I will meet with you there the night this takes place. Or maybe not there, if it's too dangerous. Another location, if you so wish."

Suddenly a elder woman, her dress showing her wealth. She immediatly without a word grabbed the arm of the young khajiit on the floor and left.

"Well," Taw'nee said with a blink, "I guess he won't be coming along."