PDA

View Full Version : Potatrobot's Potential Pantheon Participants

Potatrobot
11-19-2013, 08:04 AM
So I've been considering making an arena character and participating in a battle for a little while, and I think a thread in The Barracks might get me started.

Here you'll find information on characters that I both make and adapt for these contests. You might find adaptations more than original characters because I like to bring in old, unused characters that I think deserve another chance. Characters that I make here will also end up in my comprehensive character thread (link in signature), giving them the in depth description of their creation. I will also add a theme music section to all characters I put here, if I can find any songs that fit.

For my benefit, a character sheet template:
General Information:
Name:
Race:

Appearance:
Build:
Height, body shape and muscularity fall under this section.
Hair:
Eyes:
Distinctive Features:
Characteristics such as scars, skin tone and unique anatomy fall under this section.
Clothes / Armour:
A basic overview of the character's outfit, armour and accessories is needed, enough that your opponent will be able to form a general idea of what your character looks like.

Fighting Style:
Weapons:
All weapons need to be mentioned in detail – type, appearance, magical attributes, etc. Equipment, such as shields or grappling hooks, should also be described here. You cannot overload your character with an unrealistic amount of weaponry. If your warrior has expertise in unarmed combat – hand-to-hand – then make note of his fighting style here.
Abilities:
All spells, special moves and abilities must be listed here. You must provide a description of what they do, how they affect an opponent, charging and cool-down times, and how long the effect lasts for. You should include any limitations or drawbacks of the abilities.
When talking about periods of time, please give details in the form of the number of posts i.e., ‘Kai’s ‘Lightening Bolt’ spell takes two posts to charge, and she must wait one post after use until she can start charging again.’
Attributes:
Racial weaknesses and natural strengths fall under this section.

Biography:
Personality:
Background:

Potatrobot
11-19-2013, 12:01 PM
For my first trick, I will attempt to adapt The Storyteller to an arena character. I welcome any and all critisisms or advise delivered through PMs or VMs.

General Information:
Name: The Storyteller
Race: Deity
Theme Music: The Fantasy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssdcig4zDrY)

Appearance:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/008/f/f/the_storyteller_by_darkpotato57-d5qtxjz.png
Build: His body is hidden under his cloak, but he consistently assumes the form of an old man. He is a little on the short side, but stands tall.
Hair: Unknown
Eyes: Unknown
Distinctive Features: He wears a cloak that covers his whole body.
Clothes / Armour: The Storyteller wears a dark brown cloak with an orange and white trim that covers nearly his entire physical form. The wide sleeves reveal his hands, which are white and quite aged. The hood over his head covers the top half of his face, leaving his mouth and chin visible.

Fighting Style: The Storyteller is a mixed fighter, sometimes going all offence and sometimes going all defence. He fights with his staff, and at times summons other weapons to fight with or creatures to fight for him.

Weapons:
The Storyteller fights mainly with his staff. It is a plain, wooden staff with a slight zig-zag shape at the head. Hitting with a staff is all well and good, but The Storyteller has made a way to increase the power of the weapon. He uses magical solids to form blades at the head, such as a leaf blade or scythe blade or axe head or even a monk's spade. These solids are devastating and unbreakable, giving The Storyteller unlimited methods of attacking, since he can turn his staff into a different weapon at will.

The staff can also be manipulated to form other objects. While The Storyteller can utilise various ways of flying, he might turn the staff into a broomstick — by causing twigs and sticks to grow out of the bottom end of the staff — and fly on that. Using this method of flight, The Storyteller can free his hands from his staff so that he can use a different weapon. He can also extrude a construct blade at the head and charge enemies on the staff, giving him yet another unique attacking strategy.

The staff itself is something The Storyteller had taken from a story. After summoning a cobra on a plane one time, he drew inspiration from the Exodus of the Bible and had it turn into a staff during the ensuing chaos on the plane. He can undo this transformation and control the cobra, and sometimes does to spend time with the animal, but almost always keeps it as a staff.

Abilities:
The Storyteller's most prominent ability is that of bringing things out of the world of fantasy and making them real, essentially conjuring anything out of any established story. This includes creatures, weapons, tools, or even phenomena like flight. He usually does this by opening portals to the Dark Realm. However, he can also make small things appear out of his sleeve or from within his cloak, such as his staff, a different weapon, or small creatures.

Summons obey The Storyteller and can be destroyed after two, well justified attacks. The Storyteller cannot attack while the summon is active, but can only defend. He can also have at maximum two summons (or groups of smaller individual summons, like a swarm of Nymphs) out at any one time.

The Storyteller controls his own small, personal universe called the Dark Realm, which acts like a central hub through which he can access the world of a story. The Dark Realm is a vast spherical space with the interior surface having the texture of swirling black and purple, and is frequently lit by distant flashes of lightning. It has no gravity but The Storyteller can freely control the movement of anything inside. Accessing it is done via a portal, or many as the case may be. The portals are wide and circular, and have the same solid black and purple texture. They cannot be seen through, as the colours are solid.

The Dark Realm is not only a hub for The Storyteller but also a sanctuary and storage place. Items and artefacts that he takes from the world around him he stores in the Dark Realm. This includes his many books, which he reads quickly and frequently, as well as weapons he took from downed opponents.

The Storyteller can only enter and leave the Dark Realm once per post. He may enter it and stay there over a single post to avoid being targeted, but must come out of the following turn and can not go back in to repeat the process. Furthermore, entering and leaving the Dark Realm in a single post requires a cooldown time of one post.

The Storyteller has developed two magical, solid materials that he uses as weapons or for decorative purposes. The first is a bright white light with other bright colours flicking across the surface. It is unbreakable, as it is magical and not made of flimsy matter. When it strikes another blade, it does not ring out like steel but rather emits a harsh hissing, gurgling sound like water dropped onto a hot stove.

The second construct is similar to the first but it is made of the substance of his Dark Realm. The solid is coloured swirling black and purple, and it has a unique ability. Where a blade made of this substance is laid, it opens up a portal to his private universe where the open cut would normally be. Cutting an apple in half with a knife made of this solid would open two portals where one would expect to see the yellow flesh and seeds.

The Storyteller mainly uses these constructs to procure blades of various shapes at the head of his staff. He may cause a sword blade made of the light solid to appear, or a scythe blade made of the dark solid instead. The only limit is the amount of blades that exist, leaving him virtually infinite possibilities for blades.

He can also use constructs to form basic shapes like domes for shields or umbrellas. Either one works well, but sharp edges of the dark solid still have the ability to open portals.

Constructs require no time or cooldown to appear.

When The Storyteller flies (without the aid of any story time method of flight such as a broomstick or other flying contraption), he intentionally procures a set of segmented, eye-shaped wings made out of the solid light substance described above, despite the fact that they are useless in helping him fly. They are mainly shaped like semicircles with curved lines that make the shape of the eye and the pupil while the curved edge is surrounded by triangles that represent the eyelashes.

Because they are perfectly flat and thin, and have many sharp corners, they have the potential to cut opponents or even shave layers of flesh from their bodies.

Attributes: The Storyteller is a deity and as such is immortal, but this does not stop him from being defeated. He does not prefer to summon unstoppable forces and monsters from stories to crush his enemies, rather he fights them as fairly as reason would allow. He only ever uses one other weapon to use in tandem with his staff, if he even summons one at all. The Storyteller is very talented with fighting but he is not perfect; his immortality does not compel him to avoid attacks as much as his mortal opponents do, so hits can in fact reach him.

The Storyteller knows any and every story known to mankind, from folk tales to the newest blockbuster. He uses this knowledge to think of creative ways to attack enemies, be it with summons or attacking tactics.

Using a combination of powers taken from stories and his own natural abilities, The Storyteller can also make use of immense strength and speed, as well as the ability to move his own weapons without touching them. This is especially useful when he is fighting against a far more skilled opponent with a certain weapon, since he can stand form a distance and wield the weapon remotely.

Biography:
Personality: The Storyteller is a rather mysterious individual, but only ten minutes of conversation with him would paint a clear enough picture as to his character. He is a calm, collected individual with a sinister twist when it comes to fighting, but he prefers to engage in friendly, intelligent conversation with those who aren't his enemies. He is honest and modest, but he maintains a healthy ego and does not simply 'let his opponents win'. Despite this, he lends himself to restraint when he utilises his powers, so as to keep fights interesting and fun, for him. However, if heavily challenged, he will quickly do away with restraint.

He thoroughly dislikes bureaucratic agencies and does not hesitate to cause them trouble. Agencies that try to map out every corner of what was once a vibrant and mysterious planet are a particular thorn in his side, and so conjuring fictional creatures is his main method of toying with them.

Background: The Storyteller has been around since there were stories to tell. This puts his time of creation well within the amount of time humanity has existed. He has lived closely with humans throughout their development as a species, sometimes occupying himself by literally telling stories to children in front of a fireplace. It was his ability to give them a truly mystifying experience that earned him the love of many generations of children. However, the best place by the fire is not kept for the storyteller any more. Humanity outgrew him, entering a technological age.

He instead chose to spend his time in the world of stories, learning their crafts and skills, and sometimes interfering with the stories themselves so that he appeared in some books for a time. Besides that, The Storyteller spends most of his time reading. He knows every story but reading is its own reward to him, and as such he usually keeps several books near at hand, easily conjured from his Dark Realm through his sleeve.