PDA

View Full Version : Royal Rumble in the Candy Kingdom

Jeremor
11-22-2013, 12:59 PM
TEAM SOME GUYS OR WHATEVER!
Uai Trakand(Jacogos) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10331&p=831652&viewfull=1#post831652) & Abel Tafiti(The Imposter) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18896&p=704086&viewfull=1#post704086)

VS

TEAM HARD BARDS, I GUESS!
Holly Jonas(Bee Bear) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47718&p=1698785&viewfull=1#post1698785) & Undos the Sand King(DoughGuy) (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47727&p=1738643&viewfull=1#post1738643)

These two teams shall do battle in a fearsome arena, known only as...
http://i.imgur.com/rstcCsN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IubQohm.jpg

Candyland is a magical kingdom filled with lollipop forests, gumdrop mountains, peppermint cane tundras, eeeevil licorice warriors, and more! Throughout the land are castles made of cookies and waterfalls of creme. Brownie volcanoes that erupt with their molten hot gooey chocolate insides. Horrible gurgling pools of soda, which will eat skin from bones, and horrible dungeons with candy corn scalpels. EVERYTHING is made of some kind of candy. Everything. Also, there are human children and candy-people frolicking everywhere. Also also, there's a sun made of lemon drops that will be down for the duration of the fight, in consideration for our nocturnal combatants.

And the terms of this battle are as follows...

~ The battle shall be to the death.
~ The battle shall last 14 posts from each combatant.
~ All magical abilities shall be allowed.
~ I am a pretty swell guy.
~ All the normal Battle Arena rules apply.
~ Hey that rhymed, uh, have a pie
~ Have fun guys, let the time just fly!

POSTING ORDER

The Imposter
Bee Bear
Jacogos
DoughGuy

Alright folks, I want to see a clean fight out there. No funny business, unless it makes me laugh. Then it's okay.

FIGHT!

The Imposter
11-23-2013, 06:21 PM
The Seekers of Illumination...
Labelled by historians as a guild they sought simply...
Knowledge

Abel 'The Artist' was one such member, albeit one of the least moral of the guild. He was subscribed to the idea that to best understand something one must dismantle it. Such a thirst for knowledge now brought him here, before the strange portal. Through his artistry he came to understand much, the cost mattered little to him. This venture would be no different.

With a breath he stepped through the purple 'gateway' and found himself instantly in a vastly different location than expected. Perhaps I foiled the spell...it would do little use complaining now however. It would seem that this land....is candy.

Sweeping low he ran his fingers through the earth...or rather chocolate cake that made up the ground where he now stood. His head swiveled as the excited cries of children bellowed out in the distance. Gazing he saw a small group catching and devouring the small fireflies that danced and illuminated the evening air. His features twisted delightfully as he approached his only hand extended in the false pretense of a friendly greeting.

'Good evening children...are you human?'

'Huh? Ummm of course...weirdo.'

Truly youth was wasted on the young, the children continued to gorge themselves until they swelled. Abel just stood watching, awaiting the moment to begin a new work on this unexpected canvas he had been given. When the sugar high began to settle and the children groaned out from the newly formed pit they created in their fit of gluttony Abel looked down and softly stepped amidst them.

'I do appreciate your contribution children...you have given so much already...'

'...ugh...shut up wei.....GAH!

In the brevity of an escaping breath Abel had drawn his blade and sliced through the first child, his arm quickly retracting and stabbing into another. A flick and twist caused blood to mist into the remaining glow of the fireflies as he maneuvered and cut into the last child.

'Hmmm...it appears you were human indeed.'

Smiling Abel rose out of the pit, unable to tell if it was blood or melted chocolate on the end of his robe. Sheathing his blade he began to walk towards the forest ahead, there was still much for The Artist to learn.

Bee Bear
11-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Holly Jonas
Post 1

Holly gingerly lifted one of her bare feet off the ground and cringed when something sticky clung to it - a partially chewed on lollipop. "Eeeew ..." She made a face and peeled it off. She was careful not to let her long cloak brush against the ground. Who knew how long it would take her to wash the sugar out of it? She was currently standing on a small hill made out of what appeared to be a giant glazed doughnut with a dusting of casting sugar over the top.

With a dainty little cough she looked around.

Her eyes grew wide as she spotted another being - a man! - in this candy land. Soon after she spotted children as well. He was talking to them. Aw, that was nice, she thought. He wasn't bad on the eyes either, from what she could see. A man who got along with kids was always a plus in her book. Father material for sure. She sighed dreamily. Holly may have been a vampire but she'd fantasized about adoption for most of her undead life. If only she could find the right man to share that joy with and -

He cut the children down. Sliced and hacked and killed them in a matter of moments.

Her mouth fell open and tears of blood filled her eyes. Why would he do that? Why would he hurt them if he wasn't even going to have a taste of their fresh young blood? That was just evil.

Pure evil.

"Hey you!" she yelled at the top of her lungs and marched forward to meet him before he entered the forest. "I've got a bone to pick with you!"

Jacogos
11-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Post 1
Introductions... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLP4PjxVSPgUstgOOvjV3d1xkqyjrihJwl&feature=player_detailpage&v=70RNkaajLus)

"Where is it that you have taken me now, demon?" Uai asked caustically, feeling her skin itch from the powdered sugar that consistently existed in this place's air. She grit her teeth and bore it for now, unwilling to show a hint of weakness around her traveling companion while he still remained.

That partner was a figure of black, cloaked fully so minus the silver gauntlet that was revealed on his left forearm. With his hood up, Uai might as well have been talking to a Nazgul out of Tolkien's fantasy epic. He replied in a voice that belied his dark nature, calm but very much human save the hint of something... more.

"I figured you could tell just by looking around. They call it 'Candyland'."

"You'd think they'd go for something a little more subtle..." Uai muttered, picking a bit of cotton candy off of her leg.

"Does this place really strike you as one for subtlety?" the figure laughed, stopping in his forward momentum next to Uai as a scene played out before them. Uai moved a few paces forward and crouched, ignoring the fact that the hill she stood on was basically a large marshmallow.

"You said the one without an arm was to be my partner, yes?" she asked, watching as he engaged in conversation with a group of candy-devouring children.

"That would be the one," her companion replied with a curious tone, as if waiting for something to happen. No sooner than he did than did the one-armed man began to slaughter the group of youngsters, prompting Uai to grin widely.

"I don't think we'll need any introductions..." Uai stated, turning her gaze now towards another individual that yelled at the one called 'Abel'. One of her enemies... "You said the girl was a... vampire? And you still have yet to explain what that is."

"I had actually thought you had already encountered one before," the shade replied thoughtfully. "No matter. If they're here, then I shouldn't be. Have fun, Uai!" he said with a laugh, his form flickering darkly a few times before disappearing in all senses of the word. The Yynglyng growled low in her throat at his avoidance of the question, but kept her gaze upon this 'vampire' either way. She hadn't noticed Uai yet... That might be to this 'Artist's' advantage.

DoughGuy
11-25-2013, 01:08 AM
A few metres form where Holly walked a large lollipop began to shake. Cracks began to run down its surface, small chunks falling from the main body.The pink colouring began to fade to an ugly yellow and an awful screeching resonated from within, like nails drawn down a chalkboard. With a final crack the lollipop split open to reveal a swirling tempest of sand. A bandaged figure stepped out of the maelstrom, sand trailing from every nook and cranny on him.

As he exited the portal the sand died down immediately and dropped to the earth. It solidified into dirt in seconds leaving no trace of the portal barring the ruined lollipop. Undos looked around, quickly noting the unlife vampire he was here to fight with. It appeared she had already located the one-armed man, one of the pair he was here to kill.

He looked around, his hollow eyes searching the brightly coloured land for his second victim. He barely spotted her atop the white marshmallow, only the pale blue light standing out against the dark sky giving her position away. However he turned from her and stalked after the vampire and the one arm.

He raised his staff and pointed it at the man, "Kiiiiiill." his dry voice droned.

The Imposter
11-26-2013, 06:54 PM
'Hey you! I've got a bone to pick with you!'

Abel turned his grin still etched on his face as if it had been permanently placed there. The candy fireflies danced like sparks from a newly fed fire as she yelled and marched towards him. The small lights illuminated the field revealing much of the source of the yell. The rather small woman also arrayed herself in the comfort of a cloak, however her porcelain cheeks and blood red lips inclined the seeker to a few options of what was speaking to him. A soft chuckle began to bubble out from the halted one armed man. The Artist noted the difference in her accent from the children. Their champion? Or something else....perhaps another visitor to this realm. The possibilities.

He had barely begun to hypothesize when one of the lollipops by the woman shattered. The disturbance causing the settling lights to once again rally into the air around them. The bandaged creature that emerged contrasted much of the jolly candy filled realm they were now in. As it gazed about at its surroundings Abel noted its brief pause towards a marshmallow. The pale glow...The Artist's chuckle began to rise and now he hunched over laughing. The spiritual energy that radiated from the pair was rank of decay. Such deadness could not be hidden in the spiritual realm If I were a betting man...I'd venture to say that is a mummy...the woman also some undead creature. Out of all the realms and variations I wonder what has landed in my lap.

"Kiiiiiill."

If ever a voice was to match the deadness of the energy that surrounded the creature it was that which proceeded from the monster wrapped face as it pointed its rod at Abel. The Artist was now laughing manically his eyes wide with excitement. His mind raced crazily picking up what information he could as he lifted his hand parted his cloak as he rubbed his teary eyes.

'So it seems your pet, my dear, has offered more information as to what kinda bone you wish to pick. Well I never turn down such freely given mediums as those that have been given to me tonight. Shall we begin? I have much to learn and a new masterpiece to CREATE!'

Abel's fingers danced wildly in the air creating a red symbol. His sinister grin only intensifying by the shadows cast from the glowing red light. Pressing it with his hand when it was completed was only for show, deciding that if either of his enemies used their brains they may be deceived that he must activate the symbols physically. The symbol burst into flames and formed a orb the size of a globe that sped off towards the two. One might think the Artist's aim was off as it sailed for neither creature but rather for the gap between the two. Exploding violently as it reached its mark and bursting the flames outwardly. Abel watched to see if it had caught either of them in the blast.

Bee Bear
11-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Post 2

What a freak, Holly thought with a cringe pulling at her face. This was one of those times her mother warned her about back when she was a human girl still learning the Ways Of Men. The one-armed warrior was a clear representation of the proverb; "Don't judge a book by it's cover." He may have been attractive in a non-traditional sense, what with his disability and all, but he had very pretty eyes and boyband hair.

His black heart clearly didn't match that perfectly haircut, though.

Once he sprouted his artistic nonsense and started to make weird motions in the air Holly new something bad was going down. She'd seen enough movies and met enough sorcerers to know that when they drew symbols in the air it usually spelled something big. She was moving by the time the orb came towards her and the mummy who she wasn't really concerned with yet. Her only target was Abel, that child killer.

So instead of simply running away from the orb of mysterious origins she went forward towards Abel. Her cloak flew off her shoulders and her movements were smooth, graceful and inhumanly fast. She didn't plan to drink from this one - she simply wanted to punish him. Her curled fingers were raised, ready to claw out his eyes. At the moment of the explosion she jumped to close the final gap between them and it helped propel her forward even faster.

Jacogos
12-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Post 2
This is the way I pray... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RYlDE5pOI8)

Uai watched with a bit of interest as yet another individual entered the battle, a sand demon or something similar that burst forth from one of the sugary treats that dotted the landscape. Though the dim lighting hid his eyes from her at this distance, his head turned towards her briefly and his gaze was heavy upon her skin. She wondered momentarily if the creature had even seen her, but she knew from experience that her luminescence wasn't the best for keeping hidden.

Regardless, the vampire (as the Shade had dubbed her) was still focused on the man, as was the sand-demon for now. This meant that Uai had a moment to prepare. Thus, she decided to take a moment and pray. Eyes closing for a moment, the Yynglyng chanted quietly...

"In the dark this time we fight,
Blood and tears to be shed tonight.
Leave them nothing left in the least,
For upon their souls your spirits will feast!"

Completing the spell was simple with the words, her attachment to Ionor's magic only needing a slight prod along with the rhyme. The air chilled slowly as her spirits began to filter into the world, needing a few moments before they were ready to attack. For now, however, Uai was content to stand and slowly make her way towards the enemy, watching as the fight below her took place.

The fireball had taken place whilst she was still praying, though the area where it had hit still burned, telling her who had fired it. So the armless one is a mage as well... Interesting. It made things that much more interesting for her. She approached the fight casually now, waiting for her turn to strike. The eager grin on her face gave away her excitement.

DoughGuy
12-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Undos's eyes didn't deviate from the mage as the fireball raced towards him. He didn't seem unduly concerned by such close proximity to his bane. He raised his staff and tipped it towards the fire slightly. A ball of sand appeared in the air just above him in between the fireball and his position. It dropped to the ground as the fireball landed, cutting the flames off from Undos. The force of the explosion crystallized the outer layer into glass instantly while pushing the inner layers over the Sand King who was unconcerned.

As the fireball died down the glass tipped over and shattered on the ground into hundreds of pieces. The action caught the king's attention and he turned to look at the shards. Without the sun they reflected nothing, doing little more than covering the ground and giving anyone who walked barefoot over it a painful experience. Determining their was no omen held within Undos raised his head and spotted the approaching woman again. He wasn't sure of her allegiance in this battle, but he knew there was a life to her form. She still breathed and so would suffer.

Turning back to the vampire and mage Undos stalked forwards, the shard of glass biting into his dead skin giving him no discomfort. He raised his staff into the air and let out a bone chilling moan. Grains of sand burst from the ground and began to spin in a circle centred on the mage and vampire. Undos was included in its range but the woman wasn't. It quickly grew to its full strength, obscuring and battering those within.

Jeremor
12-03-2013, 01:18 PM
~+~ RANDOM EVENT ~+~

As the four combatants battled it out, there was a sudden rumbling in the distance and then a great explosion! Chunks of chocolate chips came rocketing out of the top of a nearby Brownie Mountain, and then molten hot liquid chocolate gushed out and rolled down the moist delicious slopes. This was Mount Chocoblast, the most feared active brownie volcano in all of Candyland. Perhaps by the intrusion of these strange people onto it's plane, the force of their battling, the volcano raged up and let forth it's mouthwatering fury.

Everything in the choco-lava's tide was melted and burnt to a crisp as it touched the boiling choco-magma, Christmas tree cookies and peppermint canes and gumdrop forests... nothing withstand the quickly flowing tide as it raced down toward the combatants.

In two(2) posts from now, the chocolate lava will reach all of your location and cover it in gooey, sticky, scorching hot chocolate syrup. You may want to avoid taking a bath in it.

The Imposter
12-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Abel remained unflinching as his eyes were fixing on his two mediums. Their reactions differed immensely and the Artist could hardly contain himself. His voice echoed out as the young woman sprinted towards him. In all her speed and grace, he gathered much. Experience that far outreached the limits her physical appearance rendered, the less than human movements. Obviously she was far more than what solely an untrained eye would yield. It was then he felt it once again: The twisted spiritual energy that pulsated forth from the angered lady. There was no mistaking it now, she was undead.

As her fingers curled and she lashed out propelled by the balls denotation. Abel began his defense. Fully realizing how useless it would be to try to use his simple blade to stop the strength of such a creature the one armed man quickly absorbed the spiritual energy in the air and manifested a new arm. The twisted decayed spiritual energy became a conduit for the Seeker of Illumination.

As the vampire's claws slashed they were stopped centimeters from the eyes of the Artist. A ivory arm now in place of the gaping absence, held its own against the strength of the lady. Bracing himself he managed to hold her strike at bay, however the rising sands suddenly blanketed the area obscuring his view of both his opponents. Some grains whipped cutting under Abel's cheeks, drawing crimson droplets. When he gasped to catch his breath a startling realization caused him to chuckle. The 'sand' was cinnamon sugar...the mummy's powers surely adapting to the environment.

Despite the whistling 'sand' the explosion roared far over the buffeting storm. Unable to see what it stemmed from Abel decided to disengage and make his way for the forest once more. As he exited the whipping cinnamon he realized the truth of his new manifestation. The ivory arm hung elongated dragging its fingers against the earth, another more sickly and disfigured wing hung limply from his shoulder. Almost like a bat's wing? Rotting and torn...interesting. Looking at where the explosion occurred he saw the flooding chocolate sauce.

'Miss....Miss....MISS BLOODSUCKER! Come quickly I most certainly do not want you getting caught in such a catastrophe....no,no,no I've got much to paint with you and your pup's blood!'

Drawing his sword in his left hand he continued into the forest dragging its tip behind him, clanging it against the rock candy stones, and maple candy roots.