PDA

View Full Version : [M] Stirring the Pot (OOC)

The Gypsy Queen
07-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Rated for mature language, nudity, sexual themes, violence, gore, drug and alcohol use, and anything else that could offend your sensibilities.

A GypsyNaz Production

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes, all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses
All went to the university
Were they were put in boxes,
And they came out all the same.
And there's doctors and lawyers
And business executives,
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same.

- "Little Boxes," Linkin Park

Human beings have a remarkable talent for trying to force things into little uniformly sized boxes. When something don’t fit, people push and hack and tear until it does, but they don’t see that the thing they was trying to fit ain’t what it was before. It’s some kind of chopped-up deformed shadow of what it was, and people, they so short lived and short sighted they forget what it was to begin with, so what it is now is what they know, and they’re okay with it.

So people, they keep hacking and pushing and tearing till they can make the whole world fit into their little boxes. They live in little boxes, they work in little boxes, they sleep in little boxes, they travel in little boxes. Skies above, they even relieve themselves in little boxes. There ain’t nothing in life they ain’t tried treat or poke or change into something else. Now they got themselves a bundle of diseases, wars, and problems with nature they don’t know how to fix, and none of that fits in no box.

Bless ‘em, though, they don’t know no better. They can’t help it. They just like old Cody, him who stirred up the pot with all them parts of all of us he thought best and pulled out people. People can’t help but to be like him who made them. And Cody, he was just trying to make things right, damned fool that he is. Course you gonna get something like people, you take the corbae’s creativity, the bear’s strength, the turtle’s longevity, canine’s curiosity, the cuckoo’s ruthlessness, the raptor’s cunning, and the furfoot’s speed. Mix those things up without the memory of the Long Ago to temper them, you gonna get something like people, them not knowing how the world works and too blind and deaf to feel the Grace inside us all.

And these people who fill these cities, they haven’t got a clue. Never seen the way the world is in its natural form, the way it was when Raven stirred the pot to call it into being. Pristine and lovely, full of wonder and mystery. But you know how these stories go. There are things in this world that don’t fit into people’s boxes and people now, they shocked to see them. They get their world shaken right out of all their pretty boxes and the world is suddenly bigger, scarier, and more mysterious than it was before. Damn if it didn’t happen to our own Hank, just so, when he met the Crow Girls, but that’s another story for another time.

There are things in this world, and they don’t fit in people’s boxes and can’t be made to. There are those of us from the Long Ago, who were touched into life by the Grace. Me, Cody, Maida, Zia, Raven, Chloe, Ray, and that cuckoo woman whose name I’ll not speak. They call us and our descendants the animal people, and probably about a quarter of people out there got some blood in them. Then there’s the fair folk and the little people, but they ain’t nothing like people see in them movies. The Sidhe are beings of power and most people go mad at seeing them. But the wee folk, they ain’t so bad. Mostly funny little pranksters and thieves. You might even spot a numena around, them that the creators brought into the world.

Don’t change nothing, though. Everything dies. Don’t matter when or how you came into the world or what you are, we all go back to the Grace sooner or later. You hear this whispering? I was up in the hills not two days back, up at the murder them Crow Girls got put up, and plain as day some of those wild crow boys were squawking about a creator man, got his loft burned up and most of his numena with it. All of them, burned to death in front of his eyes. Police are saying arson, did you hear it? That poor boy though, don’t do him no good. He’s gone nuttier than fruitcake, that’s what the whispers say. Like watching your own children burn right in front you, and ain’t nothing you can do for it but hold them and watch. He’ll go back to the Grace soon, I reckon.

Life don’t fit into little boxes. Life is big, chaotic, and scary. Life is beautiful, inspiring, ancient, mysterious. Life is full of the magic of the Grace, and all love that brings into the world.
- Old Jack Daw, the school bus in the Tombs

Our story takes place in 1967 in a city in the Pacific Northwest called Newford, or in some circles, Crow City. Newford is a medium sized city with a significant ghetto area known as the Tombs, home to a large number of squatters and the city’s biggest junkyard, owned by a man affectionately known as Moth who is the go-to guy for all things less than legal.

The northeastern side of the city boasts the Butler University and its surrounding Little Bohemia, home to the city’s fairly significant population of artists and college students. Butler U boasts a wonderful staff, including several mythology professors who are the top minds of their field. The Rookery can be found in Little Bohemia, where some of the city’s top artists and musicians live.

The Uptown is where the business of Newford is located, owned by a family called the Couteaus.

Fifty miles south of Newford is the hills, where a number of blooded folk and animal people live.

Newford has a large Native American and Irish population, as well as some regular Midwestern and African Americans and a few folks of Hispanic descent.

People: Just your normal, run-of-the-mill average Joe/Joanne. The vast majority of people think magic, animal people, and things like that are myths and are happy to leave it at that. But there are a few with a natural, inborn magic, outside of any animal people family.

Creators: (restricted for play) Artists with the innate ability to call spirits from the Long Ago into being through their art. The work of art itself is a portal the resulting numena depends on for its existence, and the creator shares an intimate connection with the numena he/she brings into the world. The act of making numena is addictive to creators. The numena themselves are as varied as people but always maintain an otherworldly quality. Their magic is never as strong the First People and they never remember the Long Ago.

Seers: Prophets born with the ability to see the future, present, or past. They may have visions, dream it, or use some medium to call up the knowledge (cards, dowsing). The older they become the more control they gain over their seeing, but it often begins to cost them their sanity.
Finders: People who have the inexplicable ability to locate things or people, sometimes from great distances. The finder needs to have seen the thing or person before they can find it, and have greater difficulty over distances. Can train themselves to increase their ability but often choose to keep a low profile due to their kind being highly sought after.

Healers: Often doctors or nurses, these people are born with the ability to heal the sick and injured to varying degrees. They have a natural love of helping others but using their ability is very taxing and leaves them weak, vulnerable, and can even cost them their lives.

Animal People: Either the Firsts themselves or those with strong enough family ties. They have traits and magic specific to their family. All have magic in their family traits (ex: Corbae artists create exceptionally beautiful and compelling artwork), and stronger blooded individuals can change their form or “skin” at will.

Blooded Folk: The boy with brilliant red hair or the girl with birdlike features, the slow old man who’s been around forever or the young woman with the brilliant and charismatic smile. These are the descendants of the animal people, the first people. They have blood of one or two of the families in them and it shows in the appearances and traits. Most are very watered down, and very few direct children and grandchildren remain. The stronger the blood, the stronger the traits and the magic that comes with it.

Corbae: Crows, magpies, rooks, jays, jackdaws, and similar birds. They are creative and curious, and are forever obsessed with small shiny things. Their blooded are often artists, musicians, and writers. They were the first to awaken when the world was made, and their leader is Raven, who made the world from his magic pot.

Canidae: Dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes, and dingos. Curious, intelligent, charismatic, and loyal to a flaw, the canidae are often given a bad rap. Their curiosity and stubbornness gets them into a lot of trouble, and their leader Cody is charged with having ruined the world Raven made by unleashing people upon it. Their blooded are often cops, lawyers, investigators, and others with a strong sense of justice.

Cuckoos: Cuckoos were once part of the corbae family, but they were ostracized for their sociopathic tendencies. Cuckoos are murderers and thieves, famous for leaving their eggs with people or blooded corbae families. When the chick hatched is old enough, it kills it’s foster family and is collected by the cuckoos. Their leader is Emilie Couteau, and they have no blooded as are the only pure and totally inbred family.

Rodentae: Rabbits, squirrels, mice, rats, weasels, and other small mammals. Cunning, quick, and decisive, the rodentae are more commonly called the furfoots and serve as the messengers between the families. They are among the most populous races and have many blooded, who often work in communications. Their leader is Ling.

Ursalae: The bears in their various species. They are physically massive, strong, and tough. They can endure nearly anything. They are gentle souls who are not that bright. When they love, they love intensely and mate for life. Their blooded are often laborers and their leader is Ben.

Testae: Turtles, tortoises, and terrapins. Slow moving and slow thinking, but always have a wealth of knowledge and are very long lived and tough. Can recover from nearly any wound. They have very few blooded, as most humans find them unattractive, but what blooded they do have are often librarians or scholars, and their leader is Mort.

Fair Folk: People know them as elves and fairies, and they have forms as varied as there are colors. They have magic on par with the first people and some of their strongest Sidhe can communicate directly with the Grace.

Sidhe: (restricted for play) The Sidhe are beings of power and beauty beyond most mortal comprehension. They befuddle even the first people. They speak in riddles and often make bewildering decisions or actions based on apparently nothing. It is rumored they have the ability to see the pattern of time and are moving towards some endgame only they can see. They have a Queen and Court that only Raven has ever seen.

Fae: Mostly human looking elves and fairies, but always have strange hair and eye colors. They command some magic and tend to prefer to either pass as humans or live in secluded glens. They are bound by promises and some clever mortals have tricked fae into swearing oaths to them, thus binding them for all time.

Wee Folk: The little people who live in burrows under the ground. They have a simple society and always stay near family burrows, but occasionally will swear loyalty to a Sidhe, fae, or even human master. Once a wee person’s loyalty is won, it is won forever.

Changelings: Mostly fae infants that are swapped with stillborn human babies while still in the womb. They compose the majority of the fair folk population and mostly live among their human families, completely oblivious to their own heritage, but always isolated because of their natural oddities.

Magic is an unconscious act for those who can manage it. It happens on its own and is often dependent on what trait in the individual is magical. Corbae for example find things very well. Fox children are quick with puzzles and riddles. Magic is always working and flowing and only the oldest and closest to a family can actively control it. Some individuals, such as creators and seers, have a magic outside of an animal family, but it follows the same principals. Magic comes from the Grace.

In the Long Ago, there was no sky. And the Crow Girls, Maida and Zia, they were set about complaining that they had the urge to fly but no place to do it. Old Raven was under siege by them, day in day out. So one day I got to thinking on it, and I wondered to myself why we hadn’t a place to fly when our bird skins had such nice wings. So I go to Raven and I ask him

“ Old Raven, you stirred up this place, your medicine lands, from out of the pot the Grace gave you, and the Grace rewarded you by calling us into being so you weren’t alone. That’s how it happened, ain’t it?”

And Raven, he turns to me and says “ Jack, you on collecting your stories again? No one here who doesn’t know how it happened.”

So I ask “ I suppose so. But it’s just got me thinking, if you could stir up the medicine lands out of your pot, why couldn’t you stir up a sky?”

“ Why do we need a sky? Have the Crow Girls sent you over here?” he asks me and me, I’m being clever for once and I ask “ No they didn’t send me. I was just curious is all. If you can’t stir up a sky, it’s all the same to me.”

“ Now hold on.” Raven cries. “ I never said I couldn’t stir a sky out of my pot. I just didn’t want to. Every time I stir the pot I have to give a piece of myself to it.”

And I say “ Oh I see, Raven. It’s not can’t. It’s won’t.”

And Raven, he goes all in a huff while I amble off, and before I know it he’s gotten his pot out of wherever he hid it that time. And he goes and dips his hand in, quick as a furfoot, and stirs real hard. We hear a rumble and a pull and in the blink of an eye, Raven’s gone and pulled all us First People into a new world, with trees and hills and rivers and beaches and rocks and grass and best of all, a sky. A big beautiful blue sky.

And us corbae, off we go, now we’ve got someplace to be flying. And away goes Cody with his canidae to run through the hills and the trees, and Old Mort with his kin to roam the lakes and rivers and seas, and Big Ben takes his folk through the forests. And it don’t seem like much to us, but a thousand years go by and Cody’s gone and stolen the pot. But that’s another story, I am sure you don’t want to hear no more of those.
-Old Jack Daw, the school bus in the Tombs.

Notes:
This RP is loosely based on the work of Charles de Lint, specifically his novels Someplace To Be Flying and Memory and Dream. Some of his characters are appearing as NPCs. We in no way claim Mr. de Lint’s work as our own and are making no profit from his work.

Rules:
1. All of RPA’s Rules and Mature Rules apply. Any questions, check here (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32).

2. In accordance with RPA’s rules, this RP is rated mature. We’re okay with as much violence and gore as you can conjure up but keep the sex under control. We’ve got the rating for some nudity and steaminess, but take it to the PMs for anything more.

3. I and Nazgul are Gods. There’s an RPA rule for that. Most folks know we’re both pretty accommodating as GMs, so if you try something and we flat tell you no, assume we have a reason, please.

4. We want to make a point to promise to any player that joins this RP right now that we will always strive to treat you fairly and kindly no matter what. We promise we will address any issues you encounter in the most timely manner possible, and we promise that we will do everything in my power to make this game as fun as we can for as many people as possible. In return, we ask the same of you.

5. We view RPs as a collective effort to make something creative, so we encourage player creativity. If you see something you’d like to happen, for the most part we want you to go for it. However, we do have an overlaying story for this RP and we will occasionally railroad characters. We try not to but it happens. We want players to be aware that this is not a complete sandbox game.

6. One character per player please. No negotiations.

7. Try to keep a two paragraph minimum where possible. We’re not Nazis on this one but it’s a good guideline.

8. Let’s not spam the IC, guys. Try to let people post… a good rule we try to keep to is to let two people post before I post again.

9. We will not tolerate power gaming, godmodding, or meta gaming. If something in your post looks fishy to me, we will call you on it. We will treat the situation respectfully, but I ask the same of you.

10. We highly encourage co-op posting between players. We’re controlling a number of important NPCs (hint: if they got mentioned in the OOC you can probably assume they’re important) as well, and although we do have lives, one or both of us will always try to be available to do co-ops. Either of us can easily be reached by PM.

11. No attacking or stealing from other PCs without permission. It comes off as godmodding and is not cool

12. Be respectful in the OOC please. Nothing makes an RP less fun faster than flaming in the OOC.

13. The rules include everything you see here and everything that we may see fit to add later on.

14. Have fun!

Name:
Character Race: (person, animal person, fair folk)
Character Type: (finder, numena, fae, corbae, etc)
Abilities: (These should tie in directly to your character type traits. For more on these, feel free to contact us.)
Description: (pictures, drawings, written descriptions are all acceptable. No anime or dolls)
Brief Personality Description:
Background:

The Cast

The Gypsy Queen as Ciara Rowan (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=266836&postcount=3)

Nazgul as Midori (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=266836&postcount=2)

Kailya as Lyia (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=267588&postcount=12)

RubrisLibra as Shelby Crane (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=268829&postcount=18)

Enigma as Theodora Walker (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=270070&postcount=29)

Maple as Caleb Green (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=270124&postcount=30)

roan as Alisia Delheni (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=274119&postcount=33)

Ryudo as Adam Mason (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=276689&postcount=35)

Shepherd as Shane Murray (http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=276815&postcount=38)

John
07-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Hey, I don't remember agreeing to this XD

Name: Midori
Character Race: Person
Character Type: Numena

Abilities: Is able to sense how Ciara is feeling and where she is at all times. Sometimes Ciara's feelings can blend with her own.

Description: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/nazguljcg/l_5bdb6352a769eb8af35c625c53ba1b-1.jpg

Brief Personality Description: As much as Midori is herself so is she part of her creator Ciara. Oftentimes she will act much in the same manner as Ciara, for Midori was created of her soul. Midori is highly curious.

Background: Until this moment, she existed as a spirit. She remembers really nothing of her existence before becoming a numena. A few small emotions and sensations stay with her, but she can't remember what they were tied to.

The Gypsy Queen
07-12-2010, 04:43 AM
Name: Ciara (pronounced KEE-ar-a) Rowan

Character Type: Creator

Abilities: Calling spirits and muses to her from the Long Ago, and painting them into our world. An accomplished artist who uses oils, watercolors, and other mediums to call her numena into existence. Has an intimate connection with her many numena, knows where they are and how they are feeling.

Description: http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz102/Jezzy666/C9AE45C9-1107-6493-6C411657AAACE3CB.jpg

Brief Personality Description: Slightly OCD, overly critical of her own work, low self esteem but very outgoing. Loves to be with people.

Background: Ciara is the daughter of an Irish immigrant. Her father was always supportive of her early attempts at art, even if her motivation was somewhat baffling to him. Her mother was at first supportive but gradually became distant as the yoke of too many children, too little money, and no one else to lean on began to slowly crush her. Ciara, the oldest, was the one who called the ambulance when her mother swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills.

Her mother was committed to a mental health hospital, never to be released, and Ciara took over the household duties her mother had managed, putting aside her art to tend to her four younger brothers, clean and cook, and take the family to visit the shell that remained of her mother in the hospital. She had all but given up on college until her father forced her to apply for scholarships, and no one was more surprised than Ciara herself when she received a full ride to Butler University in 1959.

She learned from good teachers at her school, but the city of Newford itself was her best teacher. She graduated with her bachelor’s degree in art and two years later accidentally summoned her first numena in 1965. The experience was nothing short of terrifying for her and for the poor numena in question, a small puppy with brilliant blue eyes she’d called Jersey.

Since then, Ciara has perfected calling numenas into the world. Her numenas choose if they would like to be sold or not after they have become accustomed to their new lives, and most of them have willingly been featured in galleries and gone to all corners of the globe. Ciara makes a tidy living on her painting and enjoys the wonderful company of her creations, including her devoted clumsy puppy Jersey, who never ages and never leaves her side.

Auki
07-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Sent you a PM about my character, Gypsy~

The Gypsy Queen
07-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Yay! I love pms!

John
07-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Dman, I never get any PMs *sadface*

The Gypsy Queen
07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh hush. You get all the pms for OOT. XD

John
07-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Yeah, but they're all from you, so it's not the same XD

The Gypsy Queen
07-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Not true not true! Oh hey people are watching! Post people! :D

Maple
07-12-2010, 08:26 PM
This sounds interesting, I'll try to come up with something!

The Gypsy Queen
07-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Yay! Let us know if you have questions.

Auki
07-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Name: Lyia (Pronounced Lie-ee-ah)

Age: Age is irrelevant to a Sidhe and having lived in their community, Lyia has also adopted this perspective. Although it is unknown whether she carries the immortal gift of her father, as the years turned to decades, and then into centuries, monitoring the passing of her life seemed frivolous.

Character Race: Fair Folk

Character Type: Sidhe (Father) / Fae (Mother)

Abilities: Her father’s powers seemed to have been passed down to her, although her mother’s were not in any great amount. When it comes to seeing the pattern of time, an ability known of all Sidhes, she specialises in viewing the future, although she’d never breathe a word of what she sees to a mortal. Although she can view flashes whilst travelling through everyday life, to truly reflect upon a future event, she must meditate. Attempting to view the past causes her to have severe migraine attacks, although the reasons for this are unknown, and are mainly blamed upon her mixed-blood heritage.
She also has an innate wish capability, with whatever she wishes tending to come true in one form or another. As if to combat that gift, she has discovered that like every other Fae, she is bound by promises. Overall, she has to be extremely careful with what she says.

Description:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u207/Angel-Of-Mist/Lyia_PNG2.png

+ When it comes to appearance she resembles her mother, giving her unusual hair and eye colours when compared to that of a human.

Brief Personality Description: She speaks in riddles and will often make little sense to one not of her species. Each word she mutters is thought through to perfection to prevent her being trapped by one of her abilities. She will never try to offer her opinion unless she feels it is necessary. Although some may struggle to understand her, she is not cold nor is she uncaring but occasionally a flash from the future will cause her to distance herself from others to ease the pain of what she knows will happen. Having grown up around true Sidhe her whole life, she has no illusions that she is beautiful and although time has taught her that appearances are not everything, insecurities will often whisper to her when she is alone.

Background: Lyia did not experience the life of a Fae until she was decades old, being secluded to knowing only one side of her heritage as a child. After all, although her mother was strong enough to gaze upon a Sidhe without losing her mind, the actual encounter with her father – of which Lyia was the product – almost destroyed her sanity. She was kept safe throughout the pregnancy, despite her many attempts to take her own life, and it was only within the last month that she truly began to regain her mind. Once born, Lyia was cared for by her father whilst her mother healed. As she grew older, she began to travel between the two, attempting to adapt to both cultures but feeling more at home with her father. When her mother found a new partner, Lyia began to visit less frequently and now only does so reluctantly.

The Gypsy Queen
07-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Looks good to me hun, let's just see what my co gm thinks...

Shepherd
07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Editing in progress.

John
07-13-2010, 07:24 AM
@ Auki - The co gm thinks it looks good. So I would say it's accepted.

@Shepeherd - Ninja'd me, give me a seond XD

RubrisLibra
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Sounds like an interesting RP.

Would you prefer a PM or should I submit the character profile here on the OCC thread?

John
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Submit it here if you please XD

RubrisLibra
07-14-2010, 01:33 AM
Name: Shelby Crane
Character Race: Fae
Character Type: Changeling (though she's unaware of this and doesn't even know what a changeling is)

Abilities: Tends to get what she wishes for, although in unexpected ways, and she is always bound by promises. People who buy Shelby's baked goods are unknowingly (by either them or herself) manipulated by her magic. Rude customers may find themselves in an accident on the way home, or worse, but pleasant patrons receive unexpected good luck soon after leaving Sugar Town Cakes.

Description: Blonde (dyed from her natural odd bronze color), silver-grey eyes, petite 5’4”, slightly pointy ears that she hides beneath hair and hats.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/Apachen/RPA/cass.jpg
Brief Personality Description: Always felt “different”, misunderstood, especially by her own family. Neighbors and school mates gossiped about her. Sometimes she even wondered if she had been adopted as she's so unlike the townsfolk she grew up with. Shelby found Newford to be a place where she could start a new life of her own design. She works hard to keep her business going, spends long hours experimenting with flavors, textures, and sculpting cakes which she loves to do. Not particularly close to anyone, her only friends are her employees and her former boss and mentor, elderly Iva Curry. Shelby dates occasionally, mostly blind ones that go nowhere, though she has a romantic spirit.

Background: Grew up in the midwest to a conservative farming family. She is the only one of her siblings to pull up roots and venture out. While attending Butler U., she fell in love with the little town of Newford and its quirky mix of people and decided to stay. Despite her cultural anthropology degree, she has found herself the owner of a bake shop. Beginning as a part-time delivery person in college, she showed a talent for creative ideas and grew close to the shop owner, Iva Curry. After a few years Curry retired insisting Shelby take over the business. Paying for the shop a little at a time, Shelby has made her own niche in the Newford community by transforming the little shop into a thriving extreme-art bakery, Sugar Town Cakes.

The Gypsy Queen
07-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Shepherd - Your character sheet is really good, I'm just a little concerned that perhaps having two characters with a seer type ability may be a bit redundant? Kailya's half-sidhe character can do pretty much the same thing. Like I said in pm, I love the idea of a PI character, but I can't really allow more than one Seer type character and Kailya was the first one to bring it up with me. I'm sorry, hun.

Rubis - lol I love the idea of a baker character! It's so cool. But some of the abilities don't "fit" as you put it, although I really hate to put it like that, because it is a cool idea. To be honest I wasn't expecting so much interest in the Fair Folk! XD Fae have two major capabilities - they tend to get what they wish for, although in unexpected ways, and they are always bound by promises. Beyond that they tend to just try to blend with humans, and changelings even more so. Changelings are totally unaware of their heritage 98% of the time. So there is that 2% of the time that they are aware, but I just thought I should mention it.

Thank you both for applying with such cool ideas!

Shepherd
07-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Damn, I was hoping that since Seers weren't restricted but Sidhe were that I could get away with it (hence why I limited him to cards.) But its cool, I'll tweak him into one of the other types we talked about, though its probably gonna take me a day or two to fix the bio. I am probably gonna need your help on the abilities thing too, but I'll PM you about it.

RubrisLibra
07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
To be honest I wasn't expecting so much interest in the Fair Folk! XD Fae have two major capabilities - they tend to get what they wish for, although in unexpected ways, and they are always bound by promises. Beyond that they tend to just try to blend with humans, and changelings even more so. Changelings are totally unaware of their heritage 98% of the time. So there is that 2% of the time that they are aware, but I just thought I should mention it.

Thanks, Gypsy!

Can you help me keep the "approved" parts of the Shelby character and change the part that doesn't fit?

I'd like her to have a magic ability with the cakes, possibly that she's unaware of, so if there's a way that you can think that fits the RPG I'd like your advice. She doesn't have to be Fae, of course. Maybe she's just one of the "blooded" people?

"...they tend to get what they wish for, although in unexpected ways, and they are always bound by promises." Hmm, that could fit how she came to own the bakery.

"...Beyond that they tend to just try to blend with humans, and changelings even more so. Changelings are totally unaware of their heritage 98% of the time. So there is that 2% of the time that they are aware..." So that could be Shelby realizing that there's something about her cakes that goes beyond the normal, but she doesn't directly mention it to anyone.

So a Changeling is a Fae, right? I'm just trying to understand and not insisting at all that she be labeled either Changeling or Fae.

What kind of category would you suggest that she be in? Does the way I've described her fit into any of the categories you've listed? Whichever one suits her best will be totally fine with me. I think I must've misunderstood about the Fae Changeling.

*cakes*

The Gypsy Queen
07-14-2010, 02:34 AM
Shepherd - Absolutely hun! You know I love helping. XD

Rubis - Actually, it's totally okay that she be a Fae, I just didn't think that the Fair Folk would be so popular! XD Silly me. Anyway, she probably wouldn't know she was a changeling, although she certainly could be suspicious. And rather than losing the cake ability all together, couldn't we just tweak it slightly? Instead of amplifying emotions, her unconscious wish for the person she sold it to could affect the cake? If the person was kind of a jerkface she could be all like... "Man I hope they have a horrible birthday" or whatever (you know we all wish things like that when we work public service) and then her wish comes true? It's just a thought but I really do like the cake thing and would love to see it work somehow.

And yes, most Changelings are Fae children, but some might be part Sidhe. Very, very unlikely though.

I hope that helps?

RubrisLibra
07-14-2010, 03:12 AM
...her unconscious wish for the person she sold it to could affect the cake? If the person was kind of a jerkface she could be all like... "Man I hope they have a horrible birthday" or whatever (you know we all wish things like that when we work public service) and then her wish comes true?

I love that!

So... I'll change the character bio to reflect that and that she was a changeling but has no idea of that or even what that means.

Thanks again, Gypsy!

The Gypsy Queen
07-14-2010, 03:21 AM
No problem hun! Can't wait to get it accepted!

Maple
07-14-2010, 09:17 PM
Two questions:

1) Do blooded folk know about their ancestry, or realize they have magic?
2) Is there an overall plot for the RP, or will it just be revealed in the game? Apologies if this was already explained and I missed it somehow...

John
07-14-2010, 09:22 PM
1) I will wait for Gypsy to explain that on her return
2) Yes there is a plot, and it was actually mentioned in the OP. However, we didn't draw a whole lot of attention to it so no apologies are necessary

The Gypsy Queen
07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes and no. Some blooded are close enough to the family or raised near them to know what they are, but others just have some blood in them way back in the line and have no idea about it... they just might have a particular animal trait.

The Gypsy Queen
07-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Double posting is bad but accepted Rubis! Welcome to the team!

Enigma
07-15-2010, 05:19 AM
Name: Theodora Walker
Character Race: animal person
Character Type: Canidae (Fox)
Abilities: Skinwalker - able to switch from human to fox. Shapeshifter (can blend into the surroundings or take other forms), incredible hearing and sense of smell.
Description: Slender build, reddish-brown complexion, raven hair tied into a pony tail, brown eyes, 5'7", 121 lbs, tattoo of a paw print under her belly button.
Brief Personality Description: Quiet and always watchful, very hard to surprise.
Background: John Shaffer was a Blackfoot Indian, a corporal in the US Army who had a brief fling with Mary Lou Walker, a waitress. By the time she realized she was pregnant, the Army had already shipped him off to Korea. He returned in a wooden box, never knowing his little girl, Theo. Who gave her mother the fright of her life when she found a tiny fox cub curled up in her crib instead of her baby - only to find her again when she came running back into the room.

Her Uncle Charles, a WW2 vet, had an idea what was going on and contacted a friend of his who could take the form of a wolf and belonged to a 'pack'. They took her in.

Wolves and foxes don't mix. While the Pack Leader was understanding and let her run with the pack (keeping a close eye on her), others resented her among them and that resentment made its way to the children of the town - she didn't have a lot of friends growing up. But when the pack leader's son started showing a little too much interest in Theo (and she in him), he showed up shortly afterward with a bus ticket and some money, putting her on a bus to Newford.

Maple
07-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Here goes nothing!

Name: Caleb Green
Character Type: Blooded (Canidae / Coyote)

Abilities: Canine charisma is his most outstanding trait; he makes friends easily, and lovers almost as easily. It's not through any manipulation, it's just the force of his personality. Caleb also inherited his ancestors' keen sense of smell, which makes him a natural empath - he can detect the pheromones put off by different emotions, and can literally "sniff out" lies and deception.

Description: Caleb is 6' tall with dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and medium-toned skin.
http://croweau.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/l16_jpg.jpg
Brief Personality Description: Caleb frolics through life like a wild-eyed puppy. He is high-spirited and free-thinking, thrill-seeking yet easygoing. He'll do just about anything to get a laugh. His wanderlust is at odds with his love for people, as he seldom stays put long enough to make lasting friends, but his few lifelong friends receive his undying devotion.

Background: Caleb was born in a small town in Southern California to a working-class family. His father was a crippled veteran living on a military pension, while his mother worked as a hairdresser. He was the youngest of his family, with two older sisters. Nobody knew of their animal ancestry, and Caleb had a fairly normal upbringing. As a child he spent many afternoons in his mother's salon, listening to the radio, and he became obsessed with music. All the wages from his first summer job in high school went toward buying the guitar that would become his constant companion.
After graduating high school with average marks, Caleb spent a couple of years at the local community college but never settled on a major. Having given up on college, he registered for conscientious objector status to avoid being sent off to war - much to the dismay of his father, who promptly disowned his "good-for-nothing draft-dodging son."
That's how Caleb came to spend most of his twenties traveling up and down the west coast, working various odd jobs, and practicing his music. Eventually he was able to save enough money to buy a van to live in. He found himself perfectly at home in the growing counterculture movements of LA and San Francisco, but he never felt truly at home in a city until he visited Newford one day. He was working the fields in a nearby farming community at the time, but as soon as the job ended he followed his instincts and headed straight for Newford.

roan
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
OMG! I must join this! But, it's early morning for me and I've got to go to work soon. I'll have a character sheet up as soon as I can wrap my little head around everything and come up with something nifty.

The Gypsy Queen
07-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Enigma: Accepted! Welcome!

Maple: Double accepted and welcome!

roan: sweet! I wait on bated breath.

roan
07-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Name: Alisia Delheni

Character Race: Animal person.

Character Type: Rabbit Rodentea.

Abilities: Excellent hearing, extremely agile and swift, and can maneuver and suggest others with her charismatic cuteness.

Description: http://www.ladysuite.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Short-Hair-Models2.jpg

Personality: Hyper-active, spontaneous, and sharp-tongue.

Background: Years ago the Delheni family was notoriously known in the slums of Crow City as bad blood. In every race of family, and many sole individuals, are on drugs. Whatever it is someone wants the Delheni can get it, in endless amounts… for the right price of course. Through the last centenary the family has developed a good name for themselves in the drug trafficking of Newford. Either they are loved and liked or hated and despised.

Alisia’s mother was her father’s fourth cousin on his father’s side, the infamous gangster Lorido Delheni. This fact alone gave Alisia a more privileged life then most children raised within the dank and greasy Tombs, however good that can be.

Now in life Alisia is what is called a runner, basically a transporter of their “goods.” She loves her job and enjoys the lifestyle that she lives, never knowing anything different. It is a dangerous way for a woman to live but in the family of the Delheni it’s the norm.

The Gypsy Queen
07-18-2010, 03:31 PM
glee I love that pic. Accepted.

Ryudo
07-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Name: Adam Mason

Character Race: Animal Person

Character Type: Ursalae

Abilities: Adam’s strength and endurance are nearly unmatched, he effortlessly overpowers almost anyone, and when the chips are really down Adam has been know to smash even his own expectations.

Description: http://www.themoviesonline.com/images/david.jpg

Brief Personality Description: Quiet, kind, and always respectful, Adam is also very loyal, sometimes to a fault. Most people look at Adam and instantly write him off as an idiot which is quite sad, because though he wont be winning spelling competitions any time soon, there's actually a lot going on behind those emerald eyes. Contrary to popular belief, Adam doesn't take pleasure in hurting people, in fact it's quite the opposite, sadly though Adam’s been led to believe that violence is the only thing he is useful for, thus he carries out his job with great reluctance.

Background: Adam’s early childhood was very unremarkable, adopted by a poor family of tenant farmers at a very young age, as soon as Adam was able to work he was put in the fields. His family could not afford school, and soon his large size was such a great strain on the family that Adam was forced to leave the household at the young age of fifteen.

That’s when things get a bit more interesting, after a few grueling weeks of life on the streets Adam caught the attention of Tony Gregory, that’s right the Tony Gregory, head of the Gregory crime Syndicate. Old Gregory noticed that Adam wasn’t like the rest of the kids his age, and where most saw a lumbering oaf, Tony saw potential.

And well, I guess the rest is history. Adam joined the Gregory crime family, and quickly distinguished himself as one of their most trusted, ‘enforces’. And while Adam hates hurting people, Tony’s the only person who has ever taken an interest in him. Unfortunately, Adam isn’t sharpest knife in the kitchen drawer, thus he doesn’t realize that old Gregory is just using him.

John
07-19-2010, 09:02 PM
And accepted. We are still waiting for edits to Shepherd's sheet, but I do believe we are ready to start. So expect an IC soon...ish?

roan
07-19-2010, 10:18 PM
glee I love that pic. Accepted.

Thank you! I was trying to find a pic that looked a little rabbitish. I think I found a good'n.

Shepherd
07-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Edited, tweaked, and hopefully finished. Let me know.

Name: Shane Murray

Character Type: Seer

Abilities: Shane is able to divine the past using cards. This can be anything from his poker hand showing him a bar brawl from 2 days ago to him doing an actual tarot spread for figuring what happened at a crime scene. He carries around a deck of tarot cards with him, and whenever he feels he needs advice he'll just grab whatever card is on top and go with it. He will occasionally "see" someone as one of the major arcana when he meets them, giving him insight into their personality. And like any true seer, occasionally he will have dreams but they are often to abstract and metaphorical to make any sense of, so he sticks to his cards when he wants to know something. His abilities often flare up when he's been drinking, he finds alcohol makes them easier to understand.

Description: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jJOSSBozkeE/Sfo2ueNvCLI/AAAAAAAAALM/u6G2DrKSPAA/s400/Hugh+Jackman+Black+Suit.jpg

Brief Personality Description: Shane is all about two things, truth and justice, he really doesn't care about anything else. He learned a long time ago that justice is just another word for vengeance most of the time, since the laws of men and the laws of human nature are often in conflict. As far as the "law" is concerned he feels that it has barely anything to do with justice anymore, its all pomp and ceremony. That's where he comes in, he has no problems in pushing the boundaries in order to serve what he feels is the greater good. He tends to be very passionate about most things and being a P.I. he lives by his charm, keen intellect and quick wit. Though he knows being a crack shot with a pistol doesn't hurt either.

Background: Shane's dad was a cop, his mom was a school teacher, and he grew up wanting to be just like them, well educated and serving the public and the greater good. That was until his dad got killed in the line his Junior year of college and Shane watched the murdering bastard walk away with a slap on the wrist due to a technicality. 'The officer didn't identify himself properly' my ass, was all he'd say for years if questioned about the incident. He dropped out of school and enlisted in the army, eventually landing in Vietnam in 1961. It was here that he discovered his 'gifts' as it may be. He was playing poker with some buddies in camp when suddenly he saw the images on the cards in his hands spinning, forming people and sneaking around the woods near camp and he got this odd feeling that he was being watched. He figured he just had too much booze so he went to bed. Half his company was wiped out in a guerrilla attack that night. Turns out the images he saw were the enemy scouts who had discovered them a few nights before and prepared an assault. He saw it as an omen and carried that deck of cards everywhere, staring at it every night. Eventually he learned to interpret his visions and used them to warn fellow soldiers of potential dangers, like when a transmission was intercepted or where a mine had been buried. Eventually others caught on to this and figured he was crazy, the army discharged him on medical grounds in '64 and he went home to find his home town much changed. It had become corrupt and he couldn't stand it, so he set up shop as a P.I. using his dad's old buddies on the force as connections. He has done quite well thanks to his gifts and has developed quite a reputation for always getting to the truth and solving the case. Sometimes he gets called in when the cops are stumped and need a new angle on things, or when they are just weird. No one ever questions how he knows what he knows, most don't want to know, so he goes about his business, keeping under the radar and using his police connections to keep himself out of trouble should he be on the "wrong" side of the law.

John
07-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Tis a good sheet sir. Accepted. And the IC is currently in progress, expect it soon XD

roan
07-19-2010, 11:46 PM
The IC is currently in progress, expect it soon XD

Yay! :vGrin:

The Gypsy Queen
07-19-2010, 11:58 PM
IC is up! Go and post my pretties!

Maple
07-20-2010, 01:49 AM
Yay!! Before I start writing, may I ask what time of year this is taking place?

roan
07-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Just posted. Hope it was good.

John
07-20-2010, 01:53 AM
@ Maple - It is late August, the 30th i believe.

@ Roan *runs to read*

Shepherd
07-20-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm trying to think of something other than having shane sitting around the office throwing cards into a hat, but I'll get something up soon regardless.

The Gypsy Queen
07-20-2010, 03:58 AM
lol Intros are always hard. I promise it'll get better.

btw if anyone wants to interact with an npc like Jack Daw or anything, let me know. :D

Maple
07-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Posted! Wanna get coffee, Alisia? ;)

roan
07-21-2010, 04:16 AM
@ Maple: Sure! Why not? I'll post again here sooner than later if all goes well tomorrow.

I totally over looked the date in which this takes place 'til just a minute ago. o__O This changes everything! *googles 60s fashion and such* Gotta play tha' part! *hopes no one notices the mention of a cellphone in intro.*
>_>

<_<

John
07-21-2010, 04:20 AM
I can honestly say I completely missed the cellphone. But then I think Gypsy did too.

roan
07-21-2010, 04:28 AM
Maybe it just didn't register at the time as "Hey, no such a thing then!" I'll be more time wise now. ^__^

John
07-21-2010, 04:49 AM
As will we all, but no harm no foul

Maple
07-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Hahaha! I caught it but I wasn't going to say anything; it's an alternate history after all...

Anyhow, I'm excited to see the coyote man and the rabbit girl interacting. Should be interesting!

Shepherd
07-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Still waiting to hear back from Gypsy but if I don't by tomorrow evening I'll get a post up then.

roan
07-22-2010, 01:03 AM
In case anyone is wondering why I have that blue spit on my post its cause in my quest to be more time conscious I added a few things that didn't make immediate sense aft first which can obviously seen are explained their meaning in the sentence at the bottom.

Sorry if I over elaborated, I felt the need to explain. xD

John
07-26-2010, 04:15 AM
For anyone who has already read my last post, I misinterpreted something and have edited the ending. Just so you all know XD

The Gypsy Queen
07-28-2010, 02:12 PM
So who's next? Hm? Anyone?

Maple
07-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Meeeee! Sorry, I can't spend much time at my computer on hot days, it's stationed in an attic that turns into a giant toaster oven. O_o

The Gypsy Queen
07-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Goodness. You are not allowed to die of heat stroke! D:

roan
07-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Yea, Maple don't fry! Be carefull of your computer, too. I've had my very first desktop die on me after be packed into a car for only two days.

Maple
07-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I try to be careful! Luckily the nighttime is usually cool, which is why I tend to go a little nocturnal in the summer... ;)

Shepherd
07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Nocturnal is good... I'm a hard core night owl.

Ryudo
08-04-2010, 11:22 PM
Working on a post as I type this!

roan
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Yay!

Ryudo
08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Posted, hope everyone likes it =-)

John
08-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Gypsyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! XD

Mirage
08-21-2010, 01:26 AM
I was wondering if you're still taking characters. I promise I'll read everything and be very up to date.

John
08-21-2010, 01:33 AM
As far as I know, we are accepting. I don't see why not. Feel free to put up a sheet.

Shepherd
08-21-2010, 04:24 AM
Am currently working on a co-op with Kailya... or to be honest... she has sent me the first part and I have yet to respond. Will get on that tonight. Go Go fuzzy brain!

Mirage
08-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Another question, would it be possible for me to be a rogue Numena? I've read a lot of Charles de Lint's books, especially those in Newford so I'm familiar with everything.

The Gypsy Queen
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
You're my new favorite person. Let me discuss this with the co gm.

John
08-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Sounds good to the co GM XD

The Gypsy Queen
08-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Whoo! Rogue Numena!

Mirage
08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Nevermind this, I was doing it as back-up but since you're letting me have free reign... *evil laugh*

Question, what kind of powers might Numena have? I don't remember them having much in the way of them.

Name: Leta (hard e)
Age: She looks to be in her early twenties but seems beyond that age
Character Type: Numena
Abilities:

Description:
http://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100728/16/4c50c133e8363_m.jpg

Brief Personality Description: Leta is quiet but in a way that makes you nervous. She looks soft and young but inside she is hard and brittle with anger and fear and hate. She does not let others stand in her way and if they try they won't stand for much longer.

Background: Leta has no background. She does not remember what happened before she woke up in the street in Newford covered in blood and with a small portrait clutched in her hands.

Criticism is welcome. :)

The Gypsy Queen
08-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Oooh... I like it... Let's see what Naz says.

Mirage
08-22-2010, 12:53 AM
I just put up my first post. I'll change it if you require :)

Mirage
08-22-2010, 02:42 AM
By the way, that's you and Nazgul. I figured it would make sense for her to be drawn to another Numena

John
08-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Everything looks good to me. Once we hear form the Queen, who by the way needs ot post, we shall continue XD

Mirage
08-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Hurrah!

hyacinthgirl
08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Name: Ran Lowell

Character Race: animal person

Character Type: corbae

Abilities: Ran has an uncanny ability to sense and flee danger, thanks to her two particular talents. Her eyesight is incredibly sharp, and small movements in her periphery or tiny body language ticks read as quite large and obvious to her. This has other applications, of course, such as making her bang-up at poker. Her second ability is a talent for climbing and leaping. She can escape up and over rooftops almost effortlessly. Those who have seen her do it say that she seems weightless as she leaps from building to building, or when she lets go a foothold and looks to be supported in the air on almost nothing.
Description: Ran is a small girl, short and thin--though not in a willowy or delicate sort of way. Her body is always covered in layers of clothing, as she bundles herself into flannel shirts and cotton jackets to fend off the cold. She has large, round brown eyes with green flecks in them. Her hair is black, though the underside and tips are touched with a wispy white-grey that is natural. She keeps it short and choppy, partially out of preference and partially because she usually cuts her own hair and isn't particularly talented at it. Her face is always tanned and she often has a bit of a sunburn on her nose because of all the time she spends outside.

Brief Personality Description: Clever and talkative, Ran more or less views the world as some sort of wonderful joke or game. She has a smile and a greeting for everyone, and is well liked. She's slow to anger, though she's known to be a pouter--often to get what she wants out of people, in terms of minor favors. Though she is likable and happy, it is difficult to truly get close to her, since she has so many middle-distance friends. Still, if you do manage to get the whole way in, Ran will be your most loyal and fiercest friend.

Background: Ran was raised in an orphanage. She's never let this get her down, even though she was teased somewhat for her strange mannerisms by the other children there. Never afraid to show her disdain for rules and authority figures, Ran was never adopted. The people who ran the orphanage tried to placate and calm her by offering activities, and she discovered a talent for the guitar. Now, never having found a family, she roams the town near the slums and the junkyard, busking, be it with her guitar, a bucket and some drum sticks or a borrowed harmonica. Between that, her talent for poker and the generosity of citizens she knows, Ran scrapes out a happy life free on the streets.

Took me long enough, eh? My life has been totally crazy. -_- I'll just wait for this to get a thumbs-up before I post, just in case.

The Gypsy Queen
08-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Looks good to me, hun, but wait to hear from Naz too.

Also, I posted! XD I'm sorry it took so long, things have been nuts and I didn't want to force it. XP

Mirage
08-29-2010, 10:59 PM
I understand completely! Do you want me to wait for Nazgul to post or to just wait in general?

The Gypsy Queen
08-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Oh I'm sorry hun I was talking to hyacinthgirl, you can feel free to post at any time!

John
08-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Looks good to me. Welcome to the game.

Shepherd
08-30-2010, 04:37 AM
Crap, Completely forgot to do my co-op with Kailya. *Goes digging through his inbox* Give me.... *looks at the mess around him* 2 days? At most.

John
08-30-2010, 04:40 AM
And he says I have no brain XD

Shepherd
08-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Hey for the record, between my sinuses and me making *your* life easier, I'm allowed to be a bit spacey.

John
08-30-2010, 05:30 AM
A bit he says XD

Shepherd
08-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Bite me.

John
08-30-2010, 06:11 AM
I don't do requests XD

The Gypsy Queen
08-30-2010, 06:28 AM
Now boys. Either play nice or go play nicer in the PMs. I can't take all this sexual tension.

Shepherd
08-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Cut me some slack, unless you want me to tell Anne and Merry that I overheard you plotting to destroy their shoes of course. XD.

Gyps if you'd like to help ease the sexual tension feel free. ;P

The Gypsy Queen
08-30-2010, 06:33 AM
*smirks* Tempt me not, my friend. That is a box you should not be opening.

John
08-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Um, actually I'm attempting to take over RPA fully and completely to serve my own evil purpose. But they already knew that.

Gypsy, there are so many things i could say about your post, but I think tis better to say silent. XD

Shepherd
08-30-2010, 06:37 AM
Why can't I open Gyps' box? *most devious grin ever*

John
08-30-2010, 06:41 AM
I think I'm just gonna stay out of this one XD

The Gypsy Queen
08-30-2010, 06:42 AM
I would hazard a guess and say you're not allowed to go around opening people's boxes, hun. XD I also know a certain man in my life who will be most displeased.

John
08-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Nah, it wouldn't bother me that much XD

Shepherd
08-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Its okay Gyps, he can play too. XD. Double the fun. ;P

The Gypsy Queen
08-30-2010, 06:45 AM
*opens my mouth, then closes it slowly* The mental image I just got was not displeasing.

Shepherd
08-30-2010, 06:48 AM
So is that a yes? You know you wanna. Besides, boxes were made to be opened.

hyacinthgirl
08-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Wow, I just realized how awful my profile is to read without spaces between the sections. I'm gonna fix that now, and I'll make my first post later this evening. ^_^

The Gypsy Queen
08-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Sweet... I love posts. XD

Mirage
09-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Please don't let this die! Someone give the thread mouth to mouth! D:

The Gypsy Queen
09-06-2010, 01:56 AM
It's not gonna die. Just slow is all. :D

hyacinthgirl
09-06-2010, 02:01 AM
I hope so, I feel like I killed it!! :O

Shepherd
09-06-2010, 02:26 AM
No its good, Kailya and I are working on a co-op, we just have to work in your sudden appearance at the end.

Mirage
09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
*relieved sigh* Oh good! And here I was thinking I killed it...

Maple
09-07-2010, 06:20 AM
Me and roan are also working on a co-post. I'm hoping that we find a way to bring all the characters together at some point, maybe at the party...?

hyacinthgirl
09-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I hope I didn't screw things up for you by showing up like that.

Shepherd
09-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Not at all, its my writers block that's screwing with me, I'm still not used to co-ops yet so they are difficult for me.

hyacinthgirl
09-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Can I ask--what exactly is a co-op? I've heard the term thrown around, but I'm new to forum style roleplaying, so I don't know exactly what it means.

roan
09-08-2010, 12:01 AM
It's when two people get together and post. For example, I will send a post to Maple, he'll send my his response, I'll reply again, then I will post those three post in the RP. Did I explain that right?

hyacinthgirl
09-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Ah, that makes sense. That's much more like how I'm used to doing it.

Mirage
09-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Erm...anyone want to co-op with me so I can get out of this corner I've written myself into?

The Gypsy Queen
09-09-2010, 11:13 PM
I can if you want hun. I can also play any npc anyone wants to interact with.

Mirage
09-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Yay! Would you mind starting? I'm sort of at a dead-end right now in the creativity thing.

John
09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Expect a post from me at some point tonite. Just need to talk to Gyps first.