View Full Version : Manikin: Dustland

\/Ģin
07-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Manikin: Dustland (Mech RP - OOC)

Six hundred years...

Six Hundred years...

The Battle for Earth has yet to end...

No end...

Blood has stained the Dustland for ages, but the sand always covets it's precious history. Covering the bones of hero's and instilling amnesia of time, a death to be forgotten. Yet mankind has continued the one past time that it never tires of, war. It runs in the veins of every man to taste blood, as if it is stronger than wine. The powerful smack their lips in pleasure, whilst the average over drink and pass on.

To presume that the Orbital Wars would've been a lesson for man, was foolish. We've learned nothing, we've regret nothing, and we've changed nothing but the world around us. Now the sky is always gray, the sun rarely peeks through, and the sandstorms blur the vision. A world made of wasteland.

Even so, there is a hope to be found. With the world's population falling under a few thousand, we're still breathing. This could only mean that some where in this barren world lies a paradise with grasslands and trees still holding together our atmosphere. Paradise is where we need to go, but how can we get there with the Akari always on our backs? Always making raids to take the last safe Haven on Earth, Redemption. Their goals are unclear and their reasons for wanting to take Redemption have something to do with the ruins beneath the Hive. Ruins sprawling for miles and miles with technology of the old world just waiting to be excavated. They know the Manikin Demons sleep somewhere in the ruins and they know that they're the key to finding Paradise.

We just haven't found them yet...

As the name implies, a Manikin is a hollowed representation of a human being in a statue form. This was the nickname given to the Mechs. Built in a bipedal shape resembling a man to increase maneuverability in high speed combat. Built to hold numerous weaponry, flying capabilities, and high tech radar/sensor technology, the Manikins were the elite weapon of the Orbital War.

The "Demon Manikins" is a reference to a legendary team of Manikin whom served as the Elite Force in the Orbital War. These individuals are historic and praised as the greatest pilots of their time. The Demon Manikins was the nickname given to their Prototype Manikins that were more powerful in every aspect than the average mech. The Demon Manikins are rumored to have been parked in a military base somewhere after the war and left there when the great disaster took place. It is believed that Redemption sits on the ruins that contain the Demons.

The Orbital War was a conflict over 600 years ago that took place in space. World powers broke into a war for control over the planet when resources began to dwindle thus leading to a battle above the planet in the cosmos surrounding Earth and Mars. Little is known other than the fact that Manikins were used as the primary fighting force and after the death of millions and a strange turn of battle, the world as we knew it was destroyed. Since then man has forgotten how we've come to be scavengers in the ruins of old tech.

In the Dustland sits the fortress of Redemption, a militant guarded stronghold of salvaged tanks and Manikins. Beneath Redemption is the hive, a spiraling city that stretches deep beneath the fortress that has been constructed over time by the inhabitants. The center opening is left unchanged due to the main Manikin hangars being at the bottom of the hive and the opening is used to launch manikins up through the center of the city if ever need be.

The city is mostly made of salvaged steel from the ruined cities. Citizens hand build their homes for the most part living in a somewhat poverty state and having to work for their food and water.

Beneath the hangars is the caverns, where the ruins of an old city sits. Although parts and weaponry are usually excavated, it is a military base containing the Demon Manikins that the people so desperately dig for.

The Men of this city commonly become salvagers digging in the ruins, but during attacks or major battles with the Akari, all men are Manikin pilots ready for battle. Females are welcomed to be pilots but aren't under requirement as the men are.

Players begin as an inhabitant of Redemption's Hive. You are an inhabitant and citizen inside the hive. Battles will come around and you will be called out to pilot Manikins on missions and so the storyline will progress. You may explore the hive and make up whatever you like as long as it is not major.

First though, you need to post your sheet.

Name:

Manikin (describe your Manikin):

Manikin Weapons(You do not have to fill them all, you must have at least one weapon however. Weapons may not be overpowerful, but can include Plasma, Laser, Machine Gun, Rifle, Sniper. etc.):
~~Right Hand:
~~Left Hand:
~~Right Shoulder:
~~Left Shoulder:
~~Chest:

Pilot Appearance:

Bio:

\/Ģin
07-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Name: Ray Xiphon

Manikin (describe your Manikin): Black framed with light weight legs and a medium strength torso. Specifically designed for fast movements and light weapons.

Manikin Weapons(You do not have to fill them all, you must have at least one weapon however. Weapons may not be overpowerful, but can include Plasma, Laser, Machine Gun, Rifle, Sniper. etc.):
~~Right Hand: Plasma Blade
~~Left Hand: X-34 Sub-Machine Gun
~~Right Shoulder: Temporary Shield Generator
~~Left Shoulder: Detachable explosive. Detaches entire arm as a proximity mine, can be used as a projectile if needed.
~~Chest:

Pilot Appearance: Ray is about 5'8 with green eyes and dark black hair. He has a young appearance and can be naive at times, but when serious he can seem much older than usual.

Bio: Ray is a descendant of one of the old Manikin Demons. Although he is unsure of what his great grandfathers name was or know much of him, the family insisted on pointing that out to Ray ever since he was a child. He was supposed to be the prodigy of the Xiphon family, but that dream fell through when he couldn't pass into the Elite Core. He is now mostly a salvager trying to get by and a soldier trying not to die.

Tyanet
07-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Looks great.

Too tired to whip a char sheet right now though, so I'll do it in the morning :3

\/Ģin
07-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Tyanet: Sounds good.

Btw, anyone who isn't sure from my description. Manikins are (in my mind) like the machines in "Zone of the Enders" most of the time, if you don't know what that is, then google it and you should see a multitude of pictures. They're skinny and light machines.

GraftRaven
07-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Name: Arxus

Manikin: Chipping black with gold accents and a raised chaos star on its forehead, medium strength legs, wings, and torso designed for average movement and heavier weapons.

Manikin Weapons:

~~Right Hand: H12 Minigun, belt fed from backpack attachment
~~Left Hand: Significantly enlarged forearm and hand and fitted with claw like fingers surrounded by a light disruption field designed to stun targets struck.
~~Right Shoulder: 12pc homing rocket pod
~~Left Shoulder: EMP generator, directionalizes the blast into a cone shaped area in front of the Manikin, slight chance to malfunction
~~Chest: Sacrificed equipment mounting for ammo storage and armor.

Pilot Appearance: [X] Minus the messed up arms and lightsabers. (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/93/SithStalkerCloseUp.jpg)

Bio: If it weren't for his inconsistency Arxus would be a fantastic pilot, but his performance varies greatly between missions and sometimes even hours. And, furthermore, if he didn't spend all of his spare time hunting for relics he might be able to fix that problem. But he does, his eccentric attire which he wears at all times and acts as his flight suit is testament to that.

Of course this is all pending your decision Vein, and if there's anything that you don't like just say do and it'll be changed ^_^

\/Ģin
07-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Splicer you're accepted.
:D

Hurry and join peeps! :D I'm anxious to get this started, I have GREAT plans for it!

Tyanet
07-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Name: Major Vera Dzerzhinsky
Manikin: The 'Moscow Class' Heavy Manikin is perhaps one of the largest Manikin classes ever built, except for perhaps for the Demon Manikins. The base model stands at over 45 feet high and has a pitch black paint job. It has Heavy grade legs and a heavy grade torso. It's specially designed for large confrontations, Heavy fire support, sieges, or shock and awe. It is not recommended that the Moscow is left alone against several enemies, due to it's slower than average torso turning rate and slower walking speed. Vera's Moscow has some red trim and additional armor on the shoulders, thighs, and head.
Manikin Weapons:
~~Right Hand: M-8 Shield Projector, Makes a shield that is 30ft. by 10 ft.
~~Left Hand: AC-345 70mm Auto-cannon
~~Right Shoulder: M-45 200mm Rail-gun
~~Left Shoulder: MRP-451 Rocket Pod (10 Rockets can be loaded at once.)
~~Back: HM-16-C Heavy Mortar
Pilot Appearance: Vera is 5'7" tall, she is pretty light but is a soldier, so she's very muscular. She has long black hair that is never seen anywhere other than in a pony tail. She also had dark green eyes. When not in her manikin, she often wears a tanktop of some sort, BDU pants, and combat boots. When she's in her mech she wears her jumpsuit, boots, and her gear (Metal vest, metal arm and leg covers, full head helmet). Oh, and she's fairly tan, but definitely Caucasian.
Bio: Vera, like everyone else, was born in the Hive. She went to school and grew up like you normal end of the world child. She enlisted in their makeshift militant army right after she graduated. After years of working her way up and fighting off the Akari, she was able to become a pilot of one of the few remaining Moscow Class Manikins.

I finally did it :D

\/Ģin
07-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Tyanet accepted. Sorry for being slow guys, I got my gf over this weekend.

But the three of you is enough is need be, I'd like to have 5-7, but three good players would make this move along greatly. Count the IC up by Monday.

Just a heads up, I plan to make a sequel and 2 prequels to this RP if this one goes well. So maybe when this one gets going, if you guys want to join any of the other ones or hear about the plans I'll eventually post up then PM me. :D

GraftRaven
07-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Sorry about nit-picking Vein, but don't you mean the three of US?

You made it sound like it was you and three other people.

Again, sorry... just been one of those days, my mom has been driving me up the wall for the last few days.

\/Ģin
07-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Sorry about nit-picking Vein, but don't you mean the three of US?

You made it sound like it was you and three other people.

Again, sorry... just been one of those days, my mom has been driving me up the wall for the last few days.

lol, I realized what I said after I posted that xD. But yea that's what I meant.

Higurashi
07-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Name: Telsa Banks

Manikin: http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=150584636414&id=57ba8eee4c84706810ecb7647458f6b8 20 feet tall, Medium strength amrour with many dents and repairwork, Colorings- Dark Red on the shoulders, head, front of the legs, and breast, black on the rest.

Manikin Weapons
~~Right Hand: Plasma Ray (Shoots a beam of plasma) Range: 400 meters. Power level:(6/10)
~~Left Hand: Two Pronged claw (Also used for excavations on the side) Range: 5 meters Power level: (2/10)
~~Right Shoulder: N/A
~~Left Shoulder: Grenade launcher, Range: 100 meters, power level: (4/10)
~~Chest: interchangeable grappling hook/ Digging claw, Range: 50 meters

Pilot Appearance: Telse is about 5'4, with dark tanned skin, Shocking blue eyes, and brunette hair. She is skinny and is often mistaken for a teenager. To put it another way she is wiry.

Bio: Tesla was born in the lower sections of the Hive, among the excavators and treasure hunters. Her father had managed to pull together enough parts to make his own mech, which Tesla learned to use. When she was fifteen, her father died and she inherited the mech. She used it for excavating till the next attack came. One of the enemy penetrated into the lower hive, killing dozens. Tesla managed to defeat him by smashing his mechs head in with a large steel beam. She was recruited by the army after this to help defend the lower city. She still does excavation on the side, generating money to upkeep herself and her mech.

Tyanet
07-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Welp, time for the IC?

\/Ģin
07-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Hig accepted :D

Tyanet: My bad, I got off work really late tonight. I'll get it up tomorrow.

Higurashi
07-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Yayzors!

Tyanet
07-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Curses Vein! Get it up!!

\/Ģin
07-22-2010, 12:59 AM
lol I'm sorry I'm going to do it now. I've been under so much bull as of late. But everythings gone back to normal so far.

Tyanet
07-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Hey, I think you misnamed the IC thread title >.>

Tyanet
07-22-2010, 05:27 AM
Oh, and by the way, this is what a railgun shell looks like in flight.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Railgun_usnavy_2008.jpg

That's plasma, not fire :3

\/Ģin
07-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Oh, and by the way, this is what a railgun shell looks like in flight.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Railgun_usnavy_2008.jpg

That's plasma, not fire :3

lol yea, I've seen vids and pictures of railgun test shots. I had to look em up, after I found out that my Grandpa was present when they were first testing the rail gun on naval ships and was still secretive.

Higurashi
07-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Posts seem to vary from what You siad was happening Vein.

Tyanet
07-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Both of your posts made little to no sense.

Higurashi
07-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Mine made sense just fine thank ou very much. It was splicer who was talking about an army when theres only six.

GraftRaven
07-23-2010, 01:22 AM
'Scuse me Hig, but I'm perfectly correct as well.

The HUD began to bleep as it picked up on a cloaking field being disbanded behind him. They had an army after all, cloaked and moving in from the rear. A tactical move.

Higurashi
07-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Well I'll be damned. So there is.

\/Ģin
07-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Yea, try to read the posts more carefully Hig. No harm done, but sometimes things can get confusing if you don't read thoroughly.

Tyanet
07-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Vein, This isn't really gonna go anywhere if you don't post...

Sir Manguydude
07-26-2010, 05:05 AM
Name: Apollo Lunaus

Manikin (Volnutt): Designed for up close fighting, thus it is very maneuverable.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/avsareone/Manikin1.png

Manikin Weapons:
~~Right Hand: Shield, and Hand pulls back into a special Buster that can channel EMP energy through it into a beam, or just a single shot.
~~Left Hand: Beam Saber, Red colored
~~Right Shoulder: Nothing
~~Left Shoulder: Nothing
~~Chest: Flight/Jet Pack, highly mobile.
~~Feet: Added Jets for increased flight stability
Pilot Appearance: His flight suit doubles as his mechanic suit, and he rarely takes it off, making sure when he goes to bed that it is spotless once more. See picture for more detail. http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc320/avsareone/apollozerostyle2.png(His arms, legs, and midsection kinda blend in with the background, I might go back in and fix that, though as you can tell, I am more of a spriter kind of guy)

Bio: He found his Manikin, Volnutt, down in the ruins, and managed to bring it up. He then gave it an intensive tune up and repainted it and such. He spends most of his time making sure that Volnutt

\/Ģin
08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
GUYZ I am sorry, T.T I'll post right now I swear!!

Manguydude. Accepted. You may post right away.

GraftRaven
08-02-2010, 10:22 PM
ZOMG ITS ALIVE!!!

\/Ģin
08-03-2010, 02:31 AM
Splicer: LOL. Yea, I kinda had some net probs for a few days. It's alive for dayum sure lol

ForeverEnd
08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Name: End

Manikin:A support Manikin, with its light grade torso and legs its a great vulnerability if its damaged but makes up with in with its sheilds and speed. This type of Manikin makes sure the others don't fall apart at the hands of the enemies it is outfitted with close range basic firepower. Its a dirty scuffed white due from all the previous battle, it has a red cross on its left shoulder it's a faint glow of neon red and spreads throughout the rest of the arm as to resemble veins.

Manikin Weapons
~~Right Hand: A red plasma blade attached to the wrist.
~~Left Hand: A light maintenance laser outfitted for close combat
~~Right Shoulder: Shield generator
~~Left Shoulder:Shield generator (Really the same one)
~~Chest: Tri Quantum Power generator, ment to keep the shields and drones active for long periods of time.
~~Back: Repair/Combat drones ment to help others on the feild while also causing distractions and misleading the firing of missiles.
Pilot Appearance: http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc292/Kialocke/085-1.jpg
Bio: He was born orphaned in the Dustland, he was taken to Redemption just like the others had always been, he grew up working and caring for the younger ones. This nurturing side of him grew into a protector state of mind with each year passing watching the Akari struggle to take over his home he worked through all the trials of becoming a Manikin pilot and earned his Manikin that represented what he believed in.

Tyanet
08-06-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm afraid this is dead mate. Feel free to come and join my roleplay :D

ForeverEnd
08-06-2010, 03:47 PM
lol wow thanks for the heads up though if You got anything similair I'd be happy to join.

Tyanet
08-06-2010, 04:36 PM
No really similar, but I'd be happy to have more players XP

http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5577

\/Ģin
08-07-2010, 03:35 AM
ForeverEnd: It's not dead and you're approved if you still want in on this.

Tyanet: The RP is not dead, in fact it's your post...We're waiting...

ForeverEnd
08-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Yes of course I'm in!!! Ty for the accept and sorry if I took a while to reply back. Should I post after Tyanet or jump right in there?

Tyanet
08-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Vein, it would be nice if you, you know, responded to our posts? I shot the large enemy manikin but my round seems to have disappeared when it hit and nothing happened.

\/Ģin
08-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Vein, it would be nice if you, you know, responded to our posts? I shot the large enemy manikin but my round seems to have disappeared when it hit and nothing happened.

Ty, read your own post and think for a moment. How was I supposed to ever guess you shot at the large one? hmm? All you mentioned was shooting at a Akari Manikin, which would apply as a description for them ALL. You never once mentioned which Manikin you were firing on and your only clue was that whole "Shooting at big things" part which if you also look, all of them are big...just the larger one is bigger of course.

Forever: You may begin posting anytime :D

Tyanet
08-08-2010, 03:40 AM
I thought I mentioned shooting the bigger one >.>

\/Ģin
08-08-2010, 04:31 AM
I thought I mentioned shooting the bigger one >.>

Nothing that I saw suggested that, but it's all good man. Just get a post up detailing it hitting the larger one, and I'll follow up on your post to reply.