PDA

View Full Version : [M] Deisidus: Fall of the Guardians

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

☆Catwoman☆
12-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Rated [M] for violence, alcohol/drug use, sexual themes/content, mild language, etc.

This RP is currently no longer accepting players.

The land of Deisidus is lush and beautiful, dotted with mountains, lined with rivers, and sprouting vast forests full of life. It has expanses of grassland where the herds and nomads roam, regions far to the north where the ground is almost always covered in snow, and one might stumble into a swamp here or there during their travels. It is a continent surrounded by ocean on three sides and connected to other lands in the east, beyond the treacherous Wyvern Perch mountain range.

The two major cities of Deisidus have known forty-three years of peace, though it has grown tenuous in recent years with the rise of a new king in the northern city of Dornhaven. King Lornas Dorn XII is a young brat unfit for the throne, brash and arrogant and spoiled. His father supposedly died of illness, though rumors abound telling a different story. His widow aids their son in the rule of the kingdom, but the boy-king often ignores her counsel. Because of his harsh and greedy reign, tensions are growing between Dornhaven and its sister city, Talyn, named after the wife of its first king. The current ruler of the south-western city, Queen Ralena, is a strict but benevolent leader and grows weary of the boy-king and his cruel and devastating rule. Many feel that war is inevitable, that King Lornas will someday try to take over Talyn and its vast kingdom.

But that is the least of the country’s problems.

Demigods roam the land of Deisidus, seen on only the rarest of occasions: specifically, when they allow it. The Creator placed them there to oversee and care for it. Each one is immensely powerful, unique, and wise, and each governs a different aspect of the continent. They are magnificent, but most importantly, they are benevolent Guardians.

Until now.

Darkness is spreading in the heart of Deisidus, unseen and unfelt by all but those most attuned to the earth. Corruption is seeping into the souls of her Guardians, turning their will against the Creator and the protection of their home. None but a handful know of this growing evil, and none at all know its source. Blood and despair loom on the horizon, but who has the power to stop it if even the Guardians themselves are falling prey?

The Story Begins...

This is a fantasy RP. There are a variety of races and creatures both real and mythical.

We begin the story in a relatively large, busy town known as Irys. It lies along the Continental Road--also known as Merchant’s Pass--which connects Dornhaven and Talyn. On the western border of Irys is the forest known as the Sterling Wood, home to a clan of elves. On the eastern border is a dark, corrupted woodland known as Mavellynne’s Bane, once a part of the Sterling Wood but now twisted by an unknown curse.

Due to their close proximity to one another, the humans of Irys and the elves of the wood are friends and allies. Elves are always roaming the streets of Irys selling their wares, talking with friends, or teaching some of their skills.

Humans
They are tall, lithe, and long-lived. They consider all life precious, but are willing to take it if necessary. They also hunt, but they never kill more prey than required to feed their clan, and they use every part of the animal. Most elves revere the Creator and thank His child, Rymnalynne, Guardian of the earth’s creatures, for allowing them to sacrifice one of her children on behalf of their clan. They never gorge on meat, and it is always secondary in their meals.

as mentioned above, she is the protector and caretaker of the creatures of the earth. It is rumored that she favors the Sterling Wood as her dwelling place.
http://i.imgur.com/KmGaliW.jpghe is the demigod of the mountains and volcanoes, of magma and flame. He is thought to dwell mostly in the Wyvern Perch mountains.
he is the Guardian of waters, from the vast oceans to the tiniest streams. There is no record of anyone having ever seen him.
she commands the skies, the winds and the creatures that fly in it. Many claim to have seen her; they say she is a dragon, a wyvern, or a number of other fantastic winged creatures, but these claims are all false.
she is caretaker of all that grows upon the land, and alluded to in the term “Mother Nature”. She is the twin of Rymnalynne. Some speculate that she may dwell in the Sterling Wood with her sister, but no one truly knows.

The Rules:

Pretty sure we all know the GM and godmodding ones, so moving on…
While I do not wish to deter anyone who has only recently begun exploring the fine art of writing, I would ask that everyone keep in mind that correct spelling and proper grammar are an integral part of improving your writing skill. If need be, type up your post in Microsoft Word or something else with spell/grammar check then post it in the RP. It makes reading it easier to understand and more enjoyable. No mid-paragraph speech, please.
Keep swearing to a minimum. A very minimum.
Long periods of inactivity without informing me will spell doom for your character.
3rd person POV please.
For now, let’s keep it to one character per person. However, feel free to give your character a little buddy (animal companion, familiar, imaginary friend, that kind of thing)

Character Sheet:
Picture references are okay, but good ol’ fashioned written descriptions are preferred.
NOTE: Magic is a very important part of this world, and I would like there to be characters skilled in it. However, to prevent an overload of magic,there are no more spots available for full magi. Talents like alchemy or a magically-influenced skill in something like stealth are fine for all, however.

Name:
Personality:
History:
Weapons/Specialities/Other:

Accepted Players:

Draedyn "Drae" Elanura - Cat
Blake Rendor Wikstrom - Doom
Alina Kas'Uni - Heson (MAGE)
Olono Reynard - Dizzy
Sajreth Warspawn - Kayne
Nirvana Frostfeather - Derp (MAGE)
Catherine "Cat" Alenko - Chihana
Ginegria, AKA "Ginger" - Cat

Alderin "Khal" Yanan - Elizabeth

I’m always happy to answer your questions, so if any come to mind, ask away!

IC Thread: http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52447&p=1766710#post1766710

Iwazuma
12-02-2013, 07:30 PM
*hugs Catbat* I suppose I will help ya get this thing rolling, since a ton of my RPs are dying at once D: Glad to help ye out.

Preach
12-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Hello :D! If you want to advertise and/or show off your RP to the site, be sure to check out these links:

Roleplaying Games Directory (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40645&p=1318649&viewfull=1#post1318649) – Add your RP to the directory!
Staff Sigs (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) – Have the staff advertise your RP in their signatures!
Roleplay of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) – Enter your RP in "Roleplay of the Week" to show it off to the site!
Roleply of the Week Banner Shop (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18912) – Get a cool banner made for your RP!
The RPA Tribune (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18026) – Get your RP featured in the RPA News!

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-02-2013, 07:51 PM
I would like to join! I'll make the CS later though. Now's not a good time.

☆Catwoman☆
12-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Awesome, Doom! Thanks! *hugs* :D

Thank you, Preach, much appreciated :)

No rush, Dizzy. Post it when you can :)

Iwazuma
12-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Let's make a deal Catbat. You post on enaz's RP, I'll make a CS. :P

☆Catwoman☆
12-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Working on it!! It is just kind of a boring post since it is just a response to Vex running into a tree and what you said. XD

Waiting for Enaz to explain how the time-lapse is going to work..

And admit it, you were reeled in by the false hope of seeing photos of scantily clad ladies. >_>

Iwazuma
12-02-2013, 11:38 PM
*stares then loses focus from confusion* Girl whatchoo talkin bout?

☆Catwoman☆
12-02-2013, 11:57 PM
LOL so you didn't find out about this RP by clicking on my signature?

crazydawg444
12-03-2013, 12:04 AM
I want to make a character! This sounds fun. And may I say, you know how to catch attention. I didn't see your signature till reading the last few posts, but I would have clicked it for sheer curiosity.

☆Catwoman☆
12-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Heehee thanks, Crazydawg. I try XD

And by all means, post your CS as soon as you're ready!

☆Catwoman☆
12-03-2013, 01:00 AM
I'll go ahead and post my CS:

Name: Draedyn “Drae” Elanura

Race: Human

Appearance: Draedyn is an average 5’7”, a slender 122 lbs, and well-tanned from life spent mostly under the sun. Her blue-black hair is softly waved, and she keeps it cut to the jaw for ease, accentuating her square face shape. Her eyes are icy blue with flakes of startling green. Draedyn is well toned from intense training since she was a young girl.

Personality: Draedyn can be described in many ways, and is many things to many people. To some, she is spunky and fun-loving; to others she is calm and level-headed. Others see her as quiet and tentative, and an unfortunate few have seen the woman angry, which tends to end with broken bones. Truthfully, Draedyn is simply intelligent, observant, and calculating. Whatever her attitude on the outside, she is always watching and always ready. This is not to be misunderstood for apathy or emotional detachment; Draedyn is kind and always willing to lend a helping hand, and she gets along easily with others.

History: Draedyn was orphaned at birth. Her mother died in labor and her father--who was part of the Queen’s military--was killed in a skirmish around the same time, though the news arrived a few weeks too late. Draedyn was raised by her nursemaid, an elf named Esereth Elanura, who had been a close friend to Drae’s mother and her nursemaid as well. Draedyn spent most of her youth in the Sterling Wood with the elven clan, but visited Irys weekly with Esereth since most of her family lives there. She had a joyful upbringing, surpassing her elven peers in many of the skills they are taught from a very young age. They believe she excelled because of her human heritage--humans, by necessity, learn quickly because they are so short-lived, whereas elves often spend decades perfecting their talents. Draedyn became a master with the bow and duel-wielding a short sword and dagger. However, she has no talent for alchemical practices or anything even remotely related to magic. Nowadays, she is a town guard in Irys, accepted into its fold at the meager age of 18 because she beat every man they threw at her in a duel to first blood.

Weapons/Specialties/Other: Draedyn carries a beautiful recurve bow of elven make, gifted to her by her elven mother when she was sixteen. It is carved of ebony and enchanted to never break. It has the engraving of a magnificent stag on its handle, the avatar of Rymnalynne. Draedyn also carries a dagger and short sword crafted by her maternal grandfather, Irys’s blacksmith. The dagger has a 10” double-edge blade that curves softly. The hilt is wrapped with black leather, the pommel is plain steel, and the guard is shaped into small, fanned wings like a dragon. Her short sword is its twin, but with a 20” double-edge blade.

Iwazuma
12-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Ah, ok, finally.

Name: Blake Rendor Wikstrom

Appearance: Blake runs a good six foot, two inches tall, and a lithe but muscular 160 pounds. He has fair skin, neither tan nor pale. He has tons of burns on his body from his magic backfiring. He's got a subtly muscular body that isn't obvious when he has his shirt on, but he is pretty strong and well toned. He has auburn hair he keeps combed over his right eye, but both of his eyes are a deep amethyst.

Personality: Blake likes to help others learn more about their skills as a fighter. He enjoys a good battle and always tries to take something from it, win or lose. He also likes eating meat, which sometimes leads to an argument or two with the elves. However, he and the elves share a good relationship, since he often shares his skills with them. He is prone to a rage every now and again, but he naturally has a calm disposition, unless his friends are in danger, where he will fight ferociously. He is a good warrior and he is very skilled.

History: Blake was raised by an elvish family after his mother died in childbirth and his father committed suicide afterwards. The elvish family raised him like their own, training him in various fighting styles. Blake seemed to be most attuned to the halberd, so they focused on that particular skill, but he could fight with nearly every weapon. His adoptive mother was a mage, so she tried to teach him some magical skills to help him in his battles. Blake did not like using magic very much, but one type of magic did stick with him: Thunder magic. He loved watching electricity flow and course through things his mother used it on, and he tried to master it himself. His first attempts were very ill-fated; almost all of his burns are results from electrical fires or overcharging. However, little by little he improved, and now he is rather adept at it. His skills in other disciplines of magic are poor or nonexistent, unfortunately. At the age of nineteen, he left his family to find a life in the world, which happened to be a merchant in Irys, teaching humans and elves alike the skills he had learned as a child and an adolescent. He makes a good living, but he wishes something else would come along, something of greater meaning.

Weapons/specialties: Blake tends to use a 5' 6" halberd in battle which has a 5'' spear tip and a 1' 4" axe head, accompanied with a 3' 3" falchion should something happen or if the opportunity arises. The halberd was obtained from his adoptive parents, who forged it at their own personal forge, for his adoptive father was a small-time blacksmith. The falchion he received as payment for a small job apprehending a group of bandits who had stolen a family's personal belongings. The halberd has a rubber grip to prevent backlash from a backfired electrical attack. The falchion has no characteristics out of the ordinary except for the fact that its scabbard is too large for it. He also can use a variety of electrical attacks, though his mastery is not complete and occasionally it will injure him.

ElizabethStark
12-03-2013, 05:40 AM
This sounds quite interesting, I will consider joining. :)

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-03-2013, 06:18 AM
I shall post my CS tomorrow! I need some time to think this through. Can my character have a ghost friend or spirit bound to them? Not exactly a familiar, but you know?

Iwazuma
12-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Ah Dizz, you try so hard to sneak two chars into every rp. XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Hope you do, Stark :)

And that sounds fine, Dizzy.

☆Catwoman☆
12-03-2013, 03:48 PM
You are accepted, Doom!

No more humans raised by elves, please and thank you :)

I won't consider that one of the two magic spots since he is not a full mage. Two spots still available should anyone want them.

We could also use an elf or two.

Iwazuma
12-03-2013, 03:55 PM
Was considering reusing Lyana from a dead RP, but you're already an archer. XD Is human raised by elf bad, or do you just want variety XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Nah, just want variety. Cause both your and my characters are humans raised by elves. Which is fine, so long as no one else tries it too. And the fact that you are from somewhere other than Irys and raised by another elf clan other than the one in Sterling Wood makes it more believable.

Iwazuma
12-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Migration ftw *yuppers* And you use a bow and I a halberd. which is a freaking epic weapon.

☆Catwoman☆
12-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Heh, you do seem to favor those PSmiley

Iwazuma
12-03-2013, 04:45 PM
The falchion is a new one for me though. When it comes to swords I'm normally a claymore person.

☆Catwoman☆
12-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Indeed. Is it the thicker cleaver falchion or the leaner, more sword-like cusped one?

Iwazuma
12-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Since he already has a cleaver in the halberd (trust me that thing is freaking choptastic) I would assume it's lighter, to assume some sort of balance.

Heson Shadowbane
12-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Name: Alina Kas'uni

Race: Elf

Appearance: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0QDdPHoyFpI/TrBpze6oLDI/AAAAAAAAAZs/4RNs6aBqsZc/s1600/Half-Elf_Cleric_Female.jpg

Alina is 5'9" and is very lithe like most elves. Light brown hair cascades down past her shoulders with a holy circlet on her head that helps keep hair out of her eyes. Her skin is light, spending most of her time inside with books. She has a small nose and a beautiful smile. She is usually seen in the garb of a Cleric of the Creator's Church.

Personality: Alina is an honest soul and a friendly person. She doesn't think twice in going to help someone even if there is danger involved. Even though she is attuned to what is considered combative magics, she is still a devout follower of the Creator. In a fight she keeps calm and focused, ready to strike where she thinks best.

History: While not an exile of the Sterling Woods, she isn't one of the popular people around there. Following down a path of destructive magics instead of magics for healing and protecting was not a favorable action to do. She continued to follow this path though, even amidst the turmoil in her family that wished her to turn her path. One day she suddenly packed up her belongings into a travel bag and with a goodbye to her family she set off for the human city. She felt that in the home of her clan she wouldn't develop further in her magics and that the human city would provide more outlets for her studies.

During her time in the city she joined the Creator's Church, not because she had to but because she wanted to do so. While her people did worship the Creator, most of their worship was focus on his guardian Rymnalynne. She devoutly followed the Creator over his creations and her devotion was not lost upon the Church. Weeks and months passed and she was more recognized by the Church. Her skills in magic were noticed and soon she was allowed to join the ranks of the Clerics of the Church where they helped teach her more about the usage of magic. Ever since she has been a Cleric of the Church, being a holy warrior for the Creator.

Weapons/Specialities/Other:
Alina is a magic user, but despite being a Cleric her magic is more combative and destructive. The element she is most skilled in is fire but she can and will tap into the magics of other elements.

For weaponry she carries a mace like staff, keeping with the weapon of a Cleric while combining it with the staff of a magic user. Holy symbols mark the staff potion of the weapon, along with markings of the demigods and their respectful elements.

----------------

Not too sure how well this turned out. We'll see though!

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 02:58 AM
I rather like it, Henson! You're accepted :)

I did want to point out--though you probably already know--that Irys is a relatively large town nestled between the Sterling Wood and Mavellynne's Bane, so though Alina no longer lives with the elven clan, she will still see its members on a fairly regular basis, as it is only a couple hours travel.

Just so I understand, she has elemental magic (kind of like a shaman) but mainly uses fire?

On a side note, we are down to one spot for another magic user. :)

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Name: Olono Reynard

Appearance: She stands at 5'2 and weighs 105 lbs. She has a skinny build and does have muscle, though not very much of it. Her hair is pulled into a half-bun and falls at her waist. In the front, she has long bangs that curve around her face and are slightly parted to the side. It is dark red with natural highlights that are platinum blonde. Her eyes are a pale silver that is almost white and she wears a choker necklace with a blue jewel in the front at all times.

Personality: She has a generally cheerful personality that if touched the right way can turn right on it's back in an instant. She is persistent and stubborn, unwilling to be moved once she has set her mind on something. That being said, she is not deaf to the voice of reason and will stop a certain task she sees it necessary. She's a good listener and likes to hear other people talk, although even though she appears to be open to people, she is very distrusting and half the time is testing to see if a person is good or bad according to her own terms. She hates people who are bossy and will only show true respect if she thinks a person deserves it. Still being rather youthful, her main objective most of the time is to show that she can take care of herself just as much as any full-fledged adult. She is afraid of teachers, surprisingly enough.

History: She was raised by strict parents who expected her always be "proper" according to their standards. Her teachers were always tough on her as well, both giving harsh punishments if she ever slipped up. As a result, she is very reluctant to follow any figure of authority, often seeing them as people who aren't capable of showing true warmth or emotion. She was thought of as the "problem child" of the family and treated as such as well. Angry with them, she left home once she saw it fit and cut her ties with all of them, not that they cared. She had siblings who saw the world with the same eyes as they did and they could all take her place easily since they were so much "better". After running, she attracted the attention of an interesting being. A ghost boy who claims to have died at the age of sixteen. Although he certainly looks his own age and acts even younger, the skills he possesses are far beyond his years. When it comes to fighting or hunting, he is far better than any of her teachers or even her parents. Ever since they met they've been working together so that living is easier for the two of them, but no matter how much she asks him, he never tells her when he was alive, how long he's been dead, or any details of his past life. Their trust in each other is shaky, but it's better than the trust they have in anyone else.

Weapons/Specialities/Other: On her own, Olono's greatest strength is speed and coordination. Her weapons consist of a cavalry saber, throwing knives, a boomerang, a hatchet, and a shepherd's sling each tucked away in a sheath or pack that is strapped onto her body. Though she is skilled in the use of each one, she is not as experienced as she needs to be on her own nor as strong as she would like which is where her ghost friend comes in. The blue jewel on her choker necklace, through some force be it magic or something else, works as a connection between her and him. It allows her to become a vessel for both of their spirits so that they can fight as one using her body. Combining his skills along with her's, she is able to become a formidable opponent as well giving her heightened awareness, better balance and more importantly, greater strength and stamina.

Description on ghost friend: His name is Asham. He has slightly shaggy black hair and extremely pale skin when he allows himself to be seen by others. His clothes are awful tattered. His eyes are a bluish green color that lack pupils and are slightly glazed over. He is toned and can become tangible, but only for very short amounts of time. He can't possess other than Olono without their consent and his emotions can be projected and can be sensed within the atmosphere around a person if strong enough.

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 04:45 AM
Accepted, Dizzy. :)

Sounds like she is armed for war. :P Which is good...cause that is basically what this is...

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 04:56 AM
Hmmm....can I have a little thing with your ghost, for example, say he knows who the ghost is and where he's from?

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 05:52 AM
Thank you for accepting me!

And that sounds pretty cool Doom. Okay, but I'll have to figure that out myself first. I haven't got his whole backstory complete yet. XD You got a plot idea?

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Perhaps.....an older brother?

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Really? Literally you mean? Hmm... yes that would be interesting and pretty fun to play around with. It could play out in a lot of ways though and instantaneous recognition of each other is never fun and filling it with a warmhearted reunification sounds too sappy. What would you say?

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Brothers who HATED each other. :3

- - - Updated - - -

And of course, I would imagine his form changed a bit when he joined the spirit realm, so it would be slow recognition, and ol' ghostie would NOT want to bring up their relationship.

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Yes! Interesting, but then why do they hate each other? This is going to lead to a whole long dramatic back story you know. XD
Anyways, so, how hateful is hateful? Hateful to the point of killing each other or just sibling hate towards one another? Did Blake kill him, or did he actually feel bad that his brother died and now that he's back they spiral down in their hatred for each other again?

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Hmmmm. Blake is too goodhearted to be a murderer...I would go with sibling rivalry. XD

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Wow. They're probably opposites then.

Okay, well if they're siblings that means that both their parents died and the mother would have died giving birth to Asham then, unless something else happened. So, with that being said, their rivalry would probably start sometime in between that and their father committing suicide or after that. Unless they're not actually rivals and they did love each other at one time but that changed later on, or they hated each other from the start, but I'd imagine something would have to spark it that wasn't just Asham causing his mother to die in child birth. Pretty much anything can happen. Unless maybe Blake was the only one to go to an elvish family in which they would part ways and Asham grew up elsewhere which would explain them not knowing each other but that only works depending on how old Blake was when he went to live with elves. Either way, maybe Blake wouldn't have known about Asham's death at all.

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 07:28 AM
Asham would be the older brother. XD He would have been old enough to care for himself (like seven) and he woulda followed Blake since well they're siblings, but when Blake got all the attention and became a better fighter than Asham....and then they just woulda kept competing in an Annie-ish sorta way XD Eventually Asham woulda gone off on his own and then he died in some way you can invent. I would assume Blake wouldn't know how Asham died, or if he was dead at all.

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Okay, that makes a lot more sense. Hmm... I do like that idea, although I am sad to say that I don't get the Annie reference which means I've either never seen whatever that's from or I'm just really stupid right now. XD
Okay, so then Blake still causes the mother to die. So at first they're a nice happy family but then their parents die so everything is sad. Maybe Asham holds resentment for Blake because he sort of blames him for killing their mother, but he holds it in and still takes care of him for his parents' sake because he loved them, but once Blake becomes a spoiled brat (according to Asham) and no longer needs him to take care of him, he feels tossed aside because he's an emotional teenager who lost his parents and then they become rivals so that we annihilate any chance of Asham suddenly being happy for his brother's progress. But then after things get too bad, Asham sees that his hate grows too much for himself to manage and he realizes that if he does stay, he'll end up killing Blake so he leaves and kills himself to prevent that from happening because they are still brothers but even then he still doesn't like Blake. My only question is, in this series of events, where does Blake's hate for Asham come into play? Or dislike, because it doesn't have to be hate entirely I guess, because it doesn't seem like he really has a reason to hate Asham other than Asham's own hatred for him. Does he actually hate/dislike Asham?

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Like I said, the two keep besting each other in various competition which just annoys the crud out of both of them, and deep down I would think Blake does love his brother but he couldn't get over the fact that Asham left him for who knows what reason. That way he resents his brother for killing himself, since Blake is not a perfect person and still harbors selfishness on occasion.

Annie is a very popular musical, and the reference I was making is the "Anything you can do I can do better" song.

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Alright then. I think that sounds like a good story behind it then. Okay.

I don't know the musical, but I definitely know the song.

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 07:55 AM
And of course, Blake isn't going to recognize Asham at first. But Asham will recognize Blake. :3

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 07:59 AM
XD I see no problem with that. Okay! It sounds fun!

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 08:02 AM
And your character, caught up in this.....XD

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 08:06 AM
XD That only makes it better!
Oh yeah, and hey! What's the age difference between the two?

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Well by REAL age Asham would be seven years older, but since his age was preserved at time of death......

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Wow. So by the time Blake got better, Asham died at 16 and that would mean that Blake was beasting him when he was, what, nine? Wow, that would be embarrassing. No wonder he killed himself.
So his all happened sixteen years ago so Asham is actually 32. And they still hate each other. Nice.

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Like I said, Blake got more attention from the elvish parents because he was littler and cuter and less capable of taking care of himself. XD

ElizabethStark
12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Alright, I'm most likely going to be joining, is a magic user spot still available?

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
It's mired somewhere in here, but yes, one left!

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Well, that was fun planning, but I have to go to sleep now if I hope to have a chance on waking up in the morning.
And Doom, I don't make two chars for every RP. Only when it's fun! XD Night.

Heson Shadowbane
12-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I rather like it, Henson! You're accepted :)

I did want to point out--though you probably already know--that Irys is a relatively large town nestled between the Sterling Wood and Mavellynne's Bane, so though Alina no longer lives with the elven clan, she will still see its members on a fairly regular basis, as it is only a couple hours travel.

Just so I understand, she has elemental magic (kind of like a shaman) but mainly uses fire?

On a side note, we are down to one spot for another magic user. :)

Yeah, I know that. She would've gone farther, but it's hard to get over that emotional attachment to your home :P

And I guess Shaman would be an apt way to put it. Maybe since she's a Cleric she mutters a prayer to the corresponding Guardian before she casts a spell of it's element. And for some reason her connection with the fire element is strongest out of the elements, hence why she wasn't as popular back home in the forest XD.

So we have two humans living with elves, an elf living with the humans, and a human who lives with a ghost in her. What a combo eh?

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 04:05 PM
LOL yeah, that is quite the combo, Henson. Nice summary there. XD

Yes, one more magic spot open, Stark. (thanks for responding to her, Doom! ^^)

I like that idea, Henson. That would be derivative magic, where her power is derived from spiritual beings. Makes sense for a cleric!

This sibling rivalry thing will be interesting... :3

Heson Shadowbane
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah. Another thing to keep in mind is that her magic is offensively based, not protective. Instead of an earthen wall she'd crack the earth under her foes.

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 05:00 PM
I feel like having one of Blake's magic spells explode right off the bat. XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 09:13 PM
I'll start the IC soon. Going to wait a little longer to see if Stark posts her CS then we'll get underway. :)

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 09:24 PM
I was also thinking about how the Guardians becoming corrupted might affect her powers, Henson.

But since the Creator is the one who made the Guardians and rules over them, I figure we can skate around that issue by saying that even though she might call upon a specific Guardian to fuel her spells, whether or not to grant it is the Creator's domain, especially since she is devout to Him and not the Guardians.

Unless you want her to face crazy magical struggles as each Guardian faces corruption. Entirely up to you.

crazydawg444
12-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Sorry, I cant join after all. I don't quite have the time I would like. Sorry again.

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Aww, no problem, crazydawg. Thanks anyway.

Heson Shadowbane
12-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I was also thinking about how the Guardians becoming corrupted might affect her powers, Henson.

But since the Creator is the one who made the Guardians and rules over them, I figure we can skate around that issue by saying that even though she might call upon a specific Guardian to fuel her spells, whether or not to grant it is the Creator's domain, especially since she is devout to Him and not the Guardians.

Unless you want her to face crazy magical struggles as each Guardian faces corruption. Entirely up to you.

We can do something with it. Maybe she's more sensitive to the changes (maybe feel a bit of corruption herself? Possible plot point to consider eh?). Maybe at times her magic goes wacky, but since the Creator is where she calls mostly for her power she can easily power through it.

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 11:12 PM
Sounds good. She could tip the group off that something isn't quite right, considering only a handful of people are aware that something is happening to the Guardians.

I'm going to get the story started pretty quick after everyone makes their introductions in the IC, and since she is devout, she is a good candidate for catching the attention of the Guardians--which is both good and bad. PSmiley

Heson Shadowbane
12-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Hehehehe, don't worry. She is a devout follower of the Creator, he will guide her and protect her in the time of need.

RedKayne
12-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Hmm... I'm considering in joining with you guys...

Ah, what the heck, I'll join lol. I'll have a CS later up on tonight.

From what I understand, Stark reserved the second mage role? If so, would it be fine if I create a character that only specializes in dark magic, or does that count as a mage?

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 11:44 PM
So....we have the Archer, the Champion, the Cleric, the Mage, and if Kayne goes with dark, the Sorceror. HMMMMMM.

☆Catwoman☆
12-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Yaaay!! Welcome aboard, Kayne! :)

If your character fights primarily with magic, it counts as a mage; if it is a relatively balanced combo of weapons and magic, I won't count it as a mage.

I'll post the IC later this evening, and everyone can start introducing themselves. Even if you and/or Stark don't have your CS's up by then, you can add them while everyone else is posting their intro. It'll still be a couple hours though.

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Whahaha. Hmm. Catbat, what's your take on romance here?

Heson Shadowbane
12-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Yeah, but you need to remember that this Cleric is not a healer, she's a battle Cleric

Iwazuma
12-04-2013, 11:53 PM
There are two types of cleric, if I'm correct: Healers and Punishers. Yours happens to be a Punisher.

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm a sucker for romance, so have at it. This is a mature RP, so as long as you abide by RPA's rules regarding mature romance/sexual encounters, you've done no wrong by me.

And you can just call me Cat. Bat is my hubby XD

RedKayne
12-05-2013, 12:28 AM
Lol Doom, you should have known that cat is a sucker for romance... haven't you notice her going lovey dovey back in enaz's rp? :P

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 12:28 AM
I do have a character planned out and stuff, but I'm not sure I'm ready to get back into roleplaying again. That being said; Red, you can go ahead and have that second role as the Mage. (Give me a couple days to think about joining, I'll give you an answer by Friday or sooner, if that's too long then I understand.)

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 01:07 AM
It's no problem, Stark, I understand the time it can take to jump back into things. You'll still be welcome to join if you decide to later on. :)

Darn right, Kayne. XD And for the record, you've been at least as lovey dovey as me >.>

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 01:09 AM
May I partake in this playing of roles?

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Yes indeedy, Derp. IC will be up shortly so get your CS in when you can. No rush though, may take a while for everyone to post their introductions.

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 01:24 AM
IC is up, my pretties! http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52447&p=1766710#post1766710

The inn's door tis opening so someone or ones feel free to join Drae at the bar. :D

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 01:28 AM
May I have the last spot for a magic user?

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Depends on Kayne. If he fights primarily with magic, it's his. If he fights with a magic/weapon combo, it's yours.

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 01:38 AM
Ok

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 02:10 AM
I have actually decided a lot sooner than expected, I shall be joining! :D

Question time: What type of magic are we dealing with exactly? Like, any sort? Made up?

Is making up a clan allowable? (As in an elf clan.)

Is it okay if my character has a little dragon looking companion?

(Dumb questions, I know..)

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Name: Nirvana Frostfether
Race: elf
Appearance: nirvana is relatively short for an elf standing at a mere 5'8" and is thin weighing around 95 lbs her overall build is as said before thin, but not anorexic with an average sized chest and an average body as far as curves go (not that anyone would know with the clothing she wears) and slim, but strong legs. Her skin is fairly pale with some tanning on the arms face and hands. Her hair is a honey blonde and long (toner her back) and her eyes are a deep forest green her clothing varies depending on climate but she prefers to wear lose airy clothes with little in the way of armor.
Personality: curious and naive. Nirvana often will miss some things people say or take then wrong(for better or worse) but she does have a tendency to unload when she is worked into a fury.
History: nothing much. Just a few good years of early life before her father fell Ill and passed on leaving her and her mother in the care of others for years until she could work. She then spent her early teens working for a local wizard assisting him in his research. Until recently when she began traveling in order to broaden her horizons and hopefully find what she is good at
Weapons/Specialities/Other: novice fire wizard with some skill in alchemy.

RedKayne
12-05-2013, 02:30 AM
I was planning to make my character a combat/magic combo specialist, so derp or stark can battle for the mage spot instead :P

And for the record, cat, you started the whole lovey dovey thingy lol

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 02:36 AM
Beware I only have to edit mine to be a magic user so I think I'd win that one.

EDIT

done editing

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 02:51 AM
You can have the Mage spot, Derp. I truly don't mind. :>

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Oh.. why thank you stark.
*bows.respectfully*

RedKayne
12-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Name: Sajreth Warspawn
Appearance: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/357/d/a/elf_guy_by_xatalayax-d4jzm5k.jpg

He has about 6 feet tall, he has a lean but toned body. Underneath his clothing are multiple scars across his chest and back that hide his tragic past. He tends to wear dark leather armor to blend with the dark shadows.
Personality: Sajreth is an interesting character... he has multiple personalities... actually, he's a schizophrenic. Long ago something damaged his psyche and split it apart. One part can be cheery and optimistic, but he often speaks sentences that make no sense whatsoever. His cheery personality may resemble that to a giddy young child. Another personality, he will tend to act aloof and distant himself from others. However, this is when he is most sane and makes most sense. However, his other personality is a cold killer. He is very ferocious and bloodthirsty in battle. If he ever feels threatened, he won't even need to blink to pull out a dagger and stab you through the neck. So yeah... don't get on his bad side :P
History: Not much of his history is known, however it definitely seems like he has a traumatic past. He buried all of these bitter memories all the way to the back of his mind. Every once in a while, he seems to have an outburst and relives his past... or a nightmare. One could guess from his screams during these outbursts that a person or a group of people dominated him for most of his life and caused all sorts of pain to him.
Weapons/Specialities/Other: He has lots of daggers... lots and lots of daggers. Specifically, he has three daggers tied to each leg and arm. Six daggers are wrapped around his waist, he has one dagger on the side of each boot, and one dagger on each forearm. He has an even amount of throwing daggers (http://allninjagear.com/content/images/thumbs/0000328_red-ninja-throwing-knife-set.jpeg) and combat daggers (http://www.weapons-universe.com/Knives/Cheap_Knives/05714746704.jpg). He is a very acrobatic person and uses his lithe body to his advantage as he can move around the battlefield with ease and create a bloodbath to all those around him. As a last resort, if he feels his life is threatened, he reveals his own malicious powers... dark magic. He can shoot multiple dark balls or dark waves, and can create dark tentacles that can slice his enemies apart.

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:20 AM
TADAAA! Drae now has blake as company XD

- - - Updated - - -

And.....I like calling you Catbat! Cuz then I can pat catbat XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 04:25 AM
Derp, your race says human but description says elf, so edit whichever one is false and then you're accepted.

Glad you decided to stay on, Elizabeth! And yes, the magic is very flexible so I'm not likely to decline any type. Yes to your other two questions as well. :)

Kayne, your character scares me. And is accepted. And is dang hot for a schizophrenic elf.

Did I really start the romance? I don't even remember anymore... XD

Doom...that hurt my brain. "Pat catbat" ....try saying that five times fast.

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Well catbat, since Blake is the only human at your char's age.....:p

RedKayne
12-05-2013, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I think you did started the lovey dovey thingy.

And it already sounds like you may be starting a lovey dovey thingy in this RP bc your already crushing on my character lol (even though he scares you :P )

And I was really craving to play as a crazy character, because i figured it would be one of the most unique characters i made so far

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Not as crazy as Blake trying to kill a ghost eventually. :3 Catbat fall in love with meeeee blake is a perfect babydaddy

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Fixed it.

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 04:38 AM
LOL I'd say. Though I think Doom is right, Drae is far more likely to go for Mr. Also-Elf-Raised Wikstrom than psycho elf.

No offense >.>

But congrats on making him a hot psycho elf. Someone might go for that sort of thing. XD

Thankies, Derp! Accepted!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL just saw your last post, Doom. Baby Daddy. Good Lord. XD

RedKayne
12-05-2013, 04:39 AM
Hmmm... but i think your still proving my point lol

Your starting the lovey dovey thing :P

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Yes :3 I win. *dances the happy dance*

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 04:40 AM
Heyyyyy, y'all haven't seen my lovely Elven man yet! XD

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 04:41 AM
I think I'm the youngest one here.

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:49 AM
Check Dizz's.

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Ruh-roh, Doom. You might have competition. >.> Draedyn likes herself some lovely elven men too XD

Hey, Doom technically started that one, Kayne!!

And yeah, year-wise, Olono is the youngest, but maturity-wise, Nirvana probably is since elves age so much slower, especially physically.

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 05:12 AM
D: But....I'ma pat Catbat until Blake is babydaddy again!

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:15 AM
...Hmmm...trying to figure out if that statement is disturbing or not... >.>

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 05:18 AM
<.<.......>.>......<.<.......Nope. Not disturbing at all.

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:26 AM
HA!! I just checked--cause I'm a dork--and YOUUU started the little romance between Myra and Kyril, Kayne! Even threw in that awesome story of how they had worked together in the past. IN YO FACE.

And now that that childish moment has passed...

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 05:29 AM
OMG. Derp, Nirvana is s'cute! I love her already. xD

RedKayne
12-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Ehem.... that was not a lovey dovey romance thing, that was simply a sign they were friends beforehand.

You started it when you made the post about how only Kyril brings out Myra's bravado and that she can be herself around him. So... BOOYAH!

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Dangit. I guess that is an early sign of a crush... dag nabit. You win this round! -_-

RedKayne
12-05-2013, 05:36 AM
Don't mess with awesomeness cat :P

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:38 AM
LOL hmph.

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 05:39 AM
OMG. Derp, Nirvana is s'cute! I love her already. xD

Hehe thanks I wanted to make her the younger sister type of character that everyone can love

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 05:46 AM
*hugs catbat* MY DRAEDYN!!

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:55 AM
*squeaks* o.o

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-05-2013, 05:56 AM
O.O *backing away because obviously I missed something while I was gone* ...

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Heading to bed. Catch up with you guys in the morning. Can't wait to see your CS, Elizabeth! ^^

*waves*

And yes...yes you did, Dizzy XD

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 06:13 AM
XD I didn't know catbats squeaked when you hugged them

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Name: Alderin "Khal" Yanan

Appearance: http://www.freewebs.com/yananw/alderin.jpg
Alderin is quite tall, as most elves are, standing at 6'5" and weighing around 190 lbs; a lithe and somewhat muscular build, but well-toned. His skin slightly tanned, but not much, as he has spent much time under the rays of the sun. His black hair tends to go in a myriad of different directions, but doesn't bother Alderin much. His eyes are a dark, but gorgeous, green color. He has a scar under his left eye from his reckless teenage years. His usual garments are similar to the clothing displayed in the photo, though they may not look it, they are fitted just right to provide easy movement. The best part about his appearance is his smile, his smile is always warm and bright, even the saddest of folk warm up at such a sight.

Personality: Alderin is soft spoken at times, and he does have a brilliant mind. He often so listens more than speaks, but his words are usually carried with some sort of wisdom or cleverness to them. For his young Elven age he is maturer than most in any given situation, mainly situations needed for maturity. However, occasionally he may forget himself... His teenage years were his most mischievous and reckless; that part of him has never truly left him utterly. Those years have taught him to be cunning and devious, with swift comebacks to stifle any foe to naught but babbles. He tends to study and analyze the behaviors of others, whether he means to or not, only he can say.

History: Alderin grew up within a clan not too far from the Sterling Wood's, a day's ride south from the place and you'll find the small village of elves; the place was called Rumulwood. The village was splendid and peaceful, a beautiful purplish pink waterfall was a ten minute walk from the village, and it was something many travelers stopped to gawk at. The river of which it was made was a rather small one, but even the river was just as glorious a sight. The river was named a little after Rumulwood, it was named Rumai River. There was also a cave behind the water fall you had to swim under to get to, a sacred place full of secrets and beauty Alderin visited a myriad of times. (It was called the Cave of Rumai, and the waterfall, Waterfall of Rumai.) The cave was off limits due to its sacred nature (though it wasn't very enforced), but Alderin was a rebellious child. He was the son of a blacksmith and a Mage, his mother often showed him all sorts of cool magic, which is why he is so fond of it. His mother was a sweet and gentle Elven woman. His father, on the other hand, a strict and rough Elven man. His parents appeared to be complete opposites, while his father favored a sturdy sword in his grip, his mother favored spells and wards of magic. But the two loved each other nonetheless, even a blind man could see it.

Alderin was the youngest of three, two older brothers (twins), and a sister being the eldest. His sister was a good ten years older and his twin brothers four years older. His sister was the most loving woman the world could ever know, but his brothers constantly made cruel japes toward their younger brother. However, Alderin was a tough kid. He'd always gotten back at them one way or another, and it was probably the most fulfilling moments of his childhood. The mischievous elf always had someone to screw around with, one day it'd be the old crone a few houses down or the older men in training, whoever it was he had a great time messing with them. When he wasn't being a troublesome kid, he was running around in the woods practicing sword fighting with a wooden sword and pretending to use magic against an imaginary dragon. While he played make believe he'd make his way to the Waterfall of Rumai to bask in its waters and swim down to the Cave of Rumai. The cave was filled with wonders from crystals to strange insects of such a variety to strange engravings along the walling.

Alderin's father helped him in his practice of swords, he obtained his first owned weapon at the age of thirteen, a short-sword. At the time it was a tab bit too large, but he soon grew into it and he's kept it ever since. The elf had always had some sort of weapon to play fight with since he was only nine years old, which at the time was a mere stick. But it sufficed. Ever since he gained his first real sword, Alderin was never far from its reach. Anytime he'd go out into the woods he'd bring along his short-sword in place of his wooden one to fight his new imaginary foes. And at the age of fifteen, now that he was well practiced with the short-sword his father crafted him a long-sword and a pair of twin daggers (which he actually named after his brothers, Osha and Asho); weapons he adored oh so. I should also mention how reckless the boy was, he loved to climb and he climbed all sorts of buildings and trees and boulders aplenty. He loved climbing just as much as he loved swimming; there were places to climb in the Cave of Rumai as well. At the age of sixteen Alderin came across a peculiar creature as he was climbing around in the cave (probably the stupidest thing he's ever done). The creature scratched at him (which was how he got his scar) and startled him half to death, which only sent him falling from not much of a height, but enough to break a bone or two. He laid on the ground for about an hour while the creature who sent him sprawling worked up the courage to go down to the Elven boy. Getting out of the cave was hell in itself, but trying to explain how he ended up in such a misshapen matter was a whole other ordeal. Thankfully, he brought along the creature to his village which averted some of the trouble. The creature was apparently a faerie dragon, a rare species. Alderin named her Droga.

At the age of seventeen was when Alderin had truly started getting into magic, and he also got his first bow. He loved water and he loved the thought of air and flying, so he learned as much as he could on the elements. He even looked more deeply into the guardians Dessos and Tressa, as they were closely related to air and water. He practiced lifting the water of Rumai and tried using all sorts of spells.

His life was nearly perfect, aside from his cruel brothers (though he still loved them), he was simply happy. However, happiness could only last so long. When he was nineteen his sister died of an unknown cause, one day she was fine, the next... A year later Alderin's father presented him with a claymore. A blade he had promised Alderin since he was ten. He named the sword after his sister, Astaria. His mother enchanted the blade with a layer of magic. His brother, Osha, left the village to travel around a few months after Alderin got his claymore. And only a month after that his other brother, Asho, committed suicide due to the death of his newlywed who had died only days before. Alderin left his village when he was twenty-two to visit Irys. He did send many letters to his parents about the new faces he'd met and about the humans, which weren't seen much around his village. About three years later he received a letter stating his mother's death. She had fallen ill, suffering from cluster headaches and vomiting left and right. Alderin left Irys to mourn with his father, but he returned a year later to Irys. He's been back and fourth to visit his father and brother, Osha, if he ever showed back home. Due to all this death and sorrow, Alderin has become a soft spoken, level-headed man. For the most part, mind you.

(Phew. I actually had to cut some things out to shorten it. I tend to get too into my characters...)

Weapons: Alderin's weapon of choice is a two-handed claymore, a length of 5'1" (a bit lengthier than most claymores, but he had it customized to better suit him). The claymore he names as Astaria is coated with a thin layer of magic, which only serves to strengthen the claymore's durability. Astaria is also engraved with markings devoted to the guardians Tressa and Dessos along the hilt and sheath. If need be, in certain combat in which it is easier, he'll use a short-sword or long-sword or his twin daggers (names Osha and Asho). In far-ranged combat he loves to equip his bow, Versier. Despite his undying love for Versier, he is far more skilled with swords and daggers than he is a bow, but he is somewhat decent.

Specialties: Alderin adores the elements of water and air. Henceforth, he has practiced magic which revolves around the two elements. The most he can do with water is control it, he can create many shapes (spheres, crescents, cubes, etc.) of it and freeze or boil it (though it is easier to freeze than boil). Though it is not much for combat, he enjoys the subtlety of the way he can move the water. Of course, air is also involved with these small tricks of his. By combining the two, he easily made to lifting the water. He could use such tricks against his opponents, but mastering such had always been tedious. Thus, he hasn't gotten the hang of it and often fails trying to cut anything sharply via water. If focused enough, with the correct word usage involved, he can cause the water to change color. As for air, it has granted him uses in combat. By creating magicked air along his weapon his strike becomes stronger, swifter, and faster. He may also create a wind strike to blow down his opponent, but he's tried many a time with little success.

Other: http://www.neondragonart.com/dp/images/dragon.jpg
Droga is 3'8" in length, and the female faerie dragon is around the age of forty years.

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Hot damm are all elves here attractive?!

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 02:43 PM
*stare* I daresay Blake is pretty sexy on his own.

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Apparently average is not the norm.

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 02:55 PM
He's not average XD he's damn hawt.

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Then there's Nirvana...

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Love it, Elizabeth! You're accepted so hop on in! :)

*pats Droga fondly*

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 03:49 PM
*pat catbat* :)

Heson Shadowbane
12-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I added a picture to Alina's sheet to go with her written one. I was tired of people not talking about the sexiness of the Cleric and debating trying to romance the one who has her eyes upon the Creator :P

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Whoever shall try to romance Blake first shall get my attention. XD

- - - Updated - - -

but no one under 20. DERP.

Heson Shadowbane
12-05-2013, 04:13 PM
Well Alina won't be doing any romancing herself, someone will have to put an effort to romancing her :P

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 04:23 PM
LOL, awww, well if it is any consolation, Heson, Draedyn would totally romance your sexy elf cleric if she rolled that way PSmiley

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Well I can see the chemistry between them, they're both rather hot and Blake controls a rather nice elemental magic :P

Catbat, you better step it up if you want a blake babydaddy!

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 04:35 PM
but no one under 20. DERP.

For shame you really think I'm in this for that?!

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 04:45 PM
*starts humming "can you feel the love tonight"*

Derp is right though, while romance is certainly allowed and encouraged, it is not the focus. Draedyn might stumble into a relationship (nothing brings people closer than spilling blood together! ...well, almost nothing) but she won't be actively pursuing one.

By the way I know not everyone has done their first post yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and respond to...*counts*...four people. XD

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I know, but I like trolling around at the speed of sound -nogood- Sorry catbat, I've been scaloopy with lack of sleep prepping for finals.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be a good halberd-wielding ass kicker now :)

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Nice. :P

Oh, and I just noticed that I have no idea what Nirvana's hair or eye color is, Derp. Wanna add that to your CS?

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Yeah I'll get on it

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Thank you!

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Wait. Can Blake SEE the ghost? Or is he invisible to most unless specified otherwise?

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 05:31 PM
He is invisible unless he allows others to see him.

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Fixed my CS

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Boo. XD No see ghostie.

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Alright, I'll get a post up hopefully by today. (:

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Who wants a mega hug from Nirvana?

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Alderin would love a hug! I think...

Oh and I dunno if I missed this if it was stated, but what is the weather like in the IC?

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
You will get a halberd in the stomach if you try on Blake. XD

- - - Updated - - -

And, er......Derp, how come all your chars are super happy or super depressed?

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks again, Derp. :)

And the weather is fairly mild for now, partly cloudy and cool with a bit of a breeze. A little cooler than one would expect for the middle of summer, however... *dun dun duuunnnnn* C:

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 06:31 PM
You will get a halberd in the stomach if you try on Blake. XD

- - - Updated - - -

And, er......Derp, how come all your chars are super happy or super depressed?

I'm always swinging between the two. Though I can do some mild characters

EDIT

Hehehehe. HUGS FOR ALL!!!!

ElizabethStark
12-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Posted posted. :D

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 09:28 PM
YAAAAACK!! I posted in the wrong thing! D: D: D: IM SORRY!!!!

☆Catwoman☆
12-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Yay!! C:

Heh, it's ok, Doom. PSmiley

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 09:31 PM
It could be worse. Now I have to maximize cuteness and whatnot

Iwazuma
12-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Anywho.....complimentary, your character is. *yoda sagenod*

Derpnaster
12-05-2013, 10:16 PM
I just realized that adventure wise taking nirvana oo one would be crazy.

Heson Shadowbane
12-06-2013, 12:39 AM
I figured being a Cleric and magic trained, Alina would be the most sensitive of the whole group. However I had her take it as a possible answer to her earlier prayer rather than a ghost :P

I hope I can include Nirvana more in my next post, I let my focus be diverse across everyone and she's too CUTE to be ignored XD

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Blake half thinks Alina is a bit too overdevout. XD 'treating elements with love' and blake is all *yuppers*

Derpnaster
12-06-2013, 12:46 AM
I figured being a Cleric and magic trained, Alina would be the most sensitive of the whole group. However I had her take it as a possible answer to her earlier prayer rather than a ghost :P

I hope I can include Nirvana more in my next post, I let my focus be diverse across everyone and she's too CUTE to be ignored XD

Aww thanks I try. C:

RedKayne
12-06-2013, 02:07 AM
Hmm... I'm gonna hold off posting for now in the IC... it seems like you guys are having a grand ole' time at the tavern... and I rather not have some pyscho elf crash into it and ruin your fun XD

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 02:28 AM
DOOOO ITTT ANYWAYYYYSSSS

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 02:37 AM
Awww bust in anyway. I'm very curious about psycho elf. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, the fun is going to get started here pretty soon. C:

RedKayne
12-06-2013, 02:56 AM
Well, it wasn't much of an into, but I posted

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Heh, I can tell he is going to be an interesting fellow. XD

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 03:07 AM
Reynold, I assume, is NOT going to appreciate being called a caterpillar. XD

ElizabethStark
12-06-2013, 03:10 AM
Caterpillar.. I love that so much. XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Haaaahahahaha "hostile bumblebee" that cracked me up. XD

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
What is Blake, a boisterous katydid? XD

RedKayne
12-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Oh, pretty soon, Doom, you'll find out what Sajreth will call Blake lol

And it seems like I'm entertaining the people here with the psycho elf lol

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Well, Doom...katydids are best known for their loud mating calls so you tell us. XD

And yes, yes you are, Kayne. :P

Now let the chaos begin. *dun dun duuunnnn....runs off to type*

ElizabethStark
12-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Ohhhh, things are getting rather interesting! :>

Derpnaster
12-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah nirvana just broke down mentally

ElizabethStark
12-06-2013, 08:49 PM
How old is Nirvana in human years?

Derpnaster
12-06-2013, 08:51 PM
19. Though she has the mentality of a ten year old

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 09:08 PM
*has nothing substantial and good to post so sits and stares at the IC* T_T

RedKayne
12-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Hmm... *quotes Doom about posting something*

DOOOO ITTT ANYWAYYYYSSSS

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 09:25 PM
But unlike you, Kayne, I have NOTHING to really post that wouldn't be beyond a line or two.

RedKayne
12-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Thats debatable lol

A strange elf entered the bar, and then some crazy lightning storm wrecked havoc, and you could only summarize that in a line or two?

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 09:58 PM
*chuckles* I feel bad that Alderin never ended up getting the chance to buy his iced milk XD

So...will we not like Sajreth when he's angry? >.>

RedKayne
12-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Hmm... wells its your decision whether or not you will like Sajreth if he's angry.... like if you're interested in the kind of thing where he holds a dagger to your throat or stabs you in the shoulder or slashes your gut open... then thats on you lol XD

Derpnaster
12-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Well.. keep him away from Nirvana.. She really doesn't like that at all

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Pfff, getting her gut slashed open is one of Drae's favorite hobbies, didn't you know?..

ElizabethStark
12-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Aha, Alderin'll get his iced milk in the end.. It's his new life mission. (x

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Haha, just sneak some from the back, Reynold is gone for now >.>

Derpnaster
12-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Should we be concerned?

☆Catwoman☆
12-06-2013, 11:39 PM
I suppose that depends on why you are asking XD

Heson Shadowbane
12-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Well the Cleric fled so you're now free to panic! :D

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 11:42 PM
*STILL has nothing substantial to post* T_T

Derpnaster
12-06-2013, 11:52 PM
What about calming the paralyzed elf child in the corner?

Iwazuma
12-06-2013, 11:55 PM
Seems like someone else has that covered.

ElizabethStark
12-06-2013, 11:58 PM
Ah yes, Alderin's got that covered.. Sort of.

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 12:09 AM
...Really? There are several things you could respond to. Sajreth being crazy, Nirvana being petrified, the general chaos taking place outside, run upstairs to check on Olono, run out to help people in the streets, et cetera et cetera. I'm waiting for a post from Olono before posting again myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Just whatever everyone posts, keep in mind that we all are going to be accompanying Alina to Mavellynne's Bane.

Iwazuma
12-07-2013, 12:20 AM
The thing is....Blake, based on his character, would look at all of that, go 'hmm odd' then go outside to train in the thunderstorm.

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 12:22 AM
...Seriously? People are screaming and dying, including the children he trains, and their houses are on fire and Blake would just say that's odd and go train? Somehow I doubt that.

ElizabethStark
12-07-2013, 12:25 AM
While you guys figure that out... Derp, do you care Alderin just carries Nirvana around?

Iwazuma
12-07-2013, 12:35 AM
He doesn't know that last part! All he currently knows is there's a bad thunderstorm. XD He's....not the brightest bulb on the Hunukkah tree sometimes. He's brilliant, but occasionally slightly ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

And do you really want Blake rushing out away from everyone else, unlikely to return for days?

Derpnaster
12-07-2013, 12:45 AM
While you guys figure that out... Derp, do you care Alderin just carries Nirvana around?

Go on ahead though it won't make much of a difference in her reaction

ElizabethStark
12-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Alright. :)

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Alright, you seriously need to go back and re-read my last post. A "bad thunderstorm" does not involve lightning striking so viciously in the town that things are being blown apart, people getting injured/killed, and everyone making a mad dash for the storm shelters. There is an obvious panic going on.

That's laziness. Do better.

Iwazuma
12-07-2013, 01:08 AM
I'M TIRED. XD Also, maybe it is a good thing I haven't posted yet then, if I missed that a bit. XD Still.....completely unsure of what to do.

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Much better. Thank you, Doom.

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 02:23 AM
By the way, Derp, you might want to have Nirvana come to her senses. She is going to need to straighten up and convince everyone that she is stable enough to come along on the trip to the forest. If she gets put in that shelter, she won't be of use. And we won't be coming back to Irys for a long time, if at all, so she would basically be out.

ElizabethStark
12-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Yeah, how about before she gets to the shelter have her brave-en up or something?

Iwazuma
12-07-2013, 02:27 AM
Maybe a bolt of lightning fixes her scaredycattiness?

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 02:56 AM
LOL goodness gracious, Kayne. Your character cracks me up.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait...should I be scared?

RedKayne
12-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Lol, I aim to please ;)

Hmm... perhaps you should be XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Should I expect to get shanked at some point? >.>

RedKayne
12-07-2013, 03:19 AM
Who knows... Sajreth's crazy :P

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 03:26 AM
I like how even his illustrious creator doesn't know what to expect from him XD

RedKayne
12-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Heh, that's what you think, but I already have something planned that your character may not like XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Awwww crap -_-

Derpnaster
12-07-2013, 06:25 AM
I'll think of something..... Hmmmm. Stray kitty needs help?

Derpnaster
12-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Posted.. Yes I did that on purpose. But hey I had nothing aside form getting thrown into a storm shelter.

Iwazuma
12-07-2013, 10:11 AM
*meow*

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Alrighty, I'm leaving here shortly to go out of town to visit my grandparents. They live in the middle of nowhere USA but I should still have internet connection so I promise to get on as much as possible over the next four days. Should be like I never left C:

Heson Shadowbane
12-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Weeeee, now I just wait for others unless I get to speak to a Guardian in my prayers! :P

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Alright, eight hours later I am at my grandma's house. Man that was a rough drive...gonna catch up then post. :)

Heson Shadowbane
12-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Hurray! Welcome back!

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks! Might take a little while to type up cause I am trying to juggle this and chatting at the same time XD

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 10:54 PM
GAAAAHHH I HATE POSTING ON THIS STUPID IPAD!!! Sorry for the stupid double post. This thing is imbecilic.

- - - Updated - - -

All I did was add the subtle response to Alina's prayer at the end. Otherwise everything is the same.

- - - Updated - - -

All I did was add the subtle response to Alina's prayer at the end. Otherwise everything is the same.

RedKayne
12-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Lmao oh the irony of this apology XD

Heson Shadowbane
12-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Hahaha, true that!

Derpnaster
12-07-2013, 11:33 PM
It's happening to me as well

☆Catwoman☆
12-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Dag nabit... -_-

Derpnaster
12-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Dang iOS tech

Iwazuma
12-07-2013, 11:46 PM
The double posting is an RPA problem, according to Nazgul.

Derpnaster
12-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Hmm. Alright then

☆Catwoman☆
12-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh really? That makes me feel better. Though I still wish this stupid thing would quit with the auto correcting. Can't type names to save my life.

☆Catwoman☆
12-08-2013, 03:27 PM
By the way, Derp, I posted earlier that it is not raining. It is a dry storm as of right now.

Iwazuma
12-08-2013, 03:44 PM
I love dry thunderstorms. Aren't they (except for this one) so pretty?

Derpnaster
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I'll edit. I set it up for that anyways.. And thanks.

☆Catwoman☆
12-08-2013, 04:26 PM
No problemo Derp :) there is a reason there isn't rain, by the way, otherwise I wouldn't care if you said it was raining or not.

I agree Doom, they are very pretty. Had one not too long ago actually. Constant lightning, but no rain.

Derpnaster
12-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Where I live a thunderstorm with no rain usually starts a wildfire

ElizabethStark
12-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Where I live, I GET NO RAIN AND IT SUCKS. Well, I mean rain is rare... Thunderstorms are the best thing ever.

Derpnaster
12-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I think we live in the same area. All the water here comes from snow

ElizabethStark
12-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Snow is super duper rare here. The last time it snowed was in 2008 and it was magical.

Derpnaster
12-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Do you live in the southern US?

ElizabethStark
12-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Nope.

Iwazuma
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Do you even live in the US?

ElizabethStark
12-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Yes, I do. XD

Iwazuma
12-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Are you Dorothy? (Either in Kansas or not in Kansas anymore)

ElizabethStark
12-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Ehhh, no.

Derpnaster
12-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Cali

☆Catwoman☆
12-08-2013, 09:05 PM
We're getting weather here in texas that no one is really used to. Drove on a good two inches of ice a lot of the way from Austin up to northern texas where my grandparents live. If my parents didn't have such a good vehicle this trip wouldn't have happened.

Iwazuma
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM
*claps* Meanwhile in Rochester we have had no weather at all. D: WTF AMERICA

Derpnaster
12-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Utah got -1 degree temps in some areas and 2 degrees everywhere else

ElizabethStark
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Nevada is a bloody desert. (The part I live within is, anyways.)

Derpnaster
12-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Holy crap I was in Reno for thanksgiving

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-09-2013, 12:20 AM
I was in Nevada for Thanksgiving where it was mostly desert. It was really cold. I live in Az and it's always warm here.
Whenever we get rain, everyone freaks out. Rain is viewed as a rare miracle from the Heavens, although we seem to have gotten more of it this year.

Derpnaster
12-09-2013, 12:26 AM
As a Utahn I can say that rain is non existent. What we have instead is ten feet of snow in three months

We also have two seasons.
Winter, and construction

ElizabethStark
12-09-2013, 12:52 AM
Ugh. I am so jealous! I want snow... D:

Derpnaster
12-09-2013, 12:59 AM
It's a seven hour drive from Reno to salt lake

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-09-2013, 01:14 AM
Snow doesn't exist here at all. Rain is rare since we're in a forever drouth. I think we only have summer and winter, but cold here is probably nothing compared to cold in other places. In summer it's scorching and everyone's dehydrated. Or I am at least.

Derpnaster
12-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Yep that's Nevada. Though if you go to the west you can find snow in the Sierra mountain range. It has snow almost year round in some parts. And yeah I know what ya mean. Utah is the second dryest state very closely behind Nevada. Surprisingly Arizona is third or fourth depending on how dry New Mexico is

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-09-2013, 02:02 AM
I don't know. All I know is that here in Arizona, everyone complains about how hot or cold it is depending on which season and then asks why anyone would ever want to live here. XD It's pretty amusing actually.
Whether you have snow or not depends on where you are here. I live in Phoenix, so there is none.

Derpnaster
12-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Hmm yeah snow is rare that far south. Though this might be that year.

DizzyMaelstrom!
12-09-2013, 04:24 AM
I don't think I'd be able to handle snow. It's too cold.

Derpnaster
12-09-2013, 04:49 AM
Well if the rest of the county got below freezing then by January you should at least get there