PDA

View Full Version : Death Note anyone?

Mysteria
10-17-2009, 05:58 PM
A Roleplay By Strega:

I've done Death Note roleplays in the past and they've usually been pretty successful. For anyone who knows not what Death Note is, it is an anime/manga about a killer who can murder victims by writing their name in a book. I'd rather people didn't apply unless they know the manga or anime anyway.

The Idea I have in mind is a sort of death note sequal. set a few years after the events with the death note holder Light Yagami, the death note will fall into the hands of another. The only Canon character I'd like to feature in the roleplay is Ryuk the Shinigami, as it would seem more than likely that he would continue dropping his death note in the human world.

I'd like to discuss ideas though and I don't have a main story set in stone so im open to suggestions. I do ask that all members requesting to join must have a good knowledge of the death note story.

Now on to characters:

Kira: Kira is not the characters name. Name and age is entirely up to the member playing him, Although keeping him/her youngish would be a sort of semi-rule. "Kira" is the person who will obtain the death note and will be the main character of the story. the criteria for playing him/her is as follows:
Kira must have at least one person he/she truly cares for. Ideally I would rather Kira had close friends and assosciates to help the plot move along and to provide interesting roles for other players.

Head of the K.I.O: This character can be male or female. The K.I.O is the "Kira Investigation Organisation" which is a special branch of the police formed after the events of Light Yagami when he used the death note. criteria is:
Must be intelligent
As an officer this character will likely be the most qualified in a crisis situation, obviously trained in basic self defence and carries a gun.
Answer's only to "L" although at first he/she will be on their own investigation.

K.I.O operative: Second in command in the K.I.O from the head. can be male or female. no specific criteria.

"L": L will be played by me. L is my characters codename, my character being a prodigy of the original "L". My character will be Kira's sworn enemy as a rule. And obviously he's not the original L ^_^.

Other roles are Friends/Family/Love interests of Kira.

and those are the characters. apply for the one you are interested in with a profile containing:

Position applied for:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Sample Post: this must be at least a paragraph and will decribe your characters actions and thoughts in the following scenario:
"being held at gunpoint by a lowlife criminal"
you will be marked on decription and creativity. please write this post in FIRST PERSON as this roleplay will be written in the first person to better depict inward thoughts which will be a big part of the writing process in this roleplay.

also here are the rules of the death note:

Ryuk writes instructions in English inside his Death Note with the belief that English is the most popular language in the human world.

* The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
* This note will not take effect unless the writer has the person’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
* If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person’s name, it will happen.
* If the cause of death is not specified, the subject will simply die of a heart attack.
* After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
* One page taken from the death note, or even a fragment of the page, contains the full effects of the note.
* The instrument to write with can be anything (e.g. cosmetics, blood, etc) as long as it can write directly onto the note and remains as legible letters.
* Even the original owners of the death note, gods of death, do not know much about the note.

A Shinigami must own at least one Death Note. That Death Note may also be used and owned by a human, but only if the Death Note falls to earth and is found by a human. The Shinigami have to keep using the Death Note to kill people in order to extend their own lives.

A pact exists between the first human owner and the Shinigami who gave the human the Death Note. The pact is such that at the end of the owner’s life, the Shinigami has to write down the owner’s name in his own note.

hopefully someone is interested.

Mysteria
10-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Pyro-sensei:

Strega11 Oct 2009, 04:11 PMWell the more I thought about it I like the idea of setting around 20 years in the future. As for who I am I'm not really prepared to discuss it. I can confirm that at least for the moment I will not be playing Near.
Ah, good good. Then here we go:

Position applied for: Kira
Name: Kirsi Laurent
Appearance: (may be a picture) PB (http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20girl%20with%20glasses/Sonnacchia/Anime%20girls%20and%20boys/02w.jpg?o=32) (usually has hair in twin pigtails)
Personality: Generally kind and gentle, Kirsi doesn't like fighting or "bad auras". She is very soft-spoken and sweet but wants to do something about the amount of "bad eggs" in the world. She can be slightly childish at times.
History: Kirsi Laurent is an orphan from Geneva, Switzerland. Her father was a politician with radical ideas and was shot while giving a speech when she was five years old. Her mother was killed in an attempted robbery when she was twelve years old.
Kirsi became withdrawn and shy in her teenage years, afraid to get close to anyone. Despite her fear of loss she filled her spare hours with morbid research on deaths in the world and ways people could die. When she graduated high school she began work in a morgue and soon after discovered a way to dispose of the "bad eggs" that plagued the world...a Death Note.
Sample Post: "being held at gunpoint by a lowlife criminal"
I made my home late that night, having worked overtime at the morgue. It's interesting how so many people seem to die around here. Tonight we had a full schedule: hostages and bank robbers. The police were unable to save the five hostages in the hold up this afternoon and were forced to shoot down two of the four thieves. I was the only one who chose to stay late and finish up. During the job I had discovered details about the hostages. Not only were their killers bad eggs but they weren't so fresh themselves. Why is it that rot is so contagious? Like the plague it spreads to more and more innocent people. And there is no one left to dispose of the original bad eggs.
As I mentioned, it was late so no buses were running ad the last train had left before I arrived. So I walked. I rather like walking at night when no people are around. No strangers brushing by you that you can't tell by looking if they are good or bad people. The only thing worse than being surrounded by bad eggs is being surrounded by people not knowing for sure. As I passed a dark alley between two tall buildings I heard a distinctive metallic click behind me.
"Don't scream," a low male voice growled, "Raise your hands." I raised my hands slowly to show the bad egg I had no weapon. I smiled to myself despite my situation. What my attacker didn't know was I needed no weapon.
"Give me any money and valuables you have," the bad egg demanded, "And make it quick!" I turned around, keeping my hands high. It was too dark to see him clearly but this man was not very tall, maybe about 170 centimeters, and he had shoulder-length brown hair. I could see his hands were shaking as he pointed his gun at me. I chuckled softly.
"Lucky," I whispered and then lunged at him. I could tell he was not expecting that and had no time to react. I was able to pull the gun away from him and jump back before he could retaliate.
"Hey!" he shouted but I knew the truth.
"If you really want to mug someone you should load your gun," I said pulling the trigger and reveling at the empty click. The bad egg panicked and took off running in the opposite direction. I shrugged and tossed the gun into the darkness of the alley. Why didn't I report anything? Because bad eggs like him always get what they deserve. And I haven't the time to worry about little ones when there are murderers and rapists with no material concern running around with no one to stop them.
(that was long O_O I was on a roll! XD)
Also, I would introduce the character close to her later, like after she found the Death Note. Hope