PDA

View Full Version : Purgatus! Cfavano (Inquisitor Scythia Kalta) vs Jacogos (SUbject Tau)

Cfavano
12-07-2013, 05:12 AM
The battle was winding down. In the distance, the reports of artillery fire still sounded. Inquisitor Scythais Kalta drew her blade back from the innards of the Heretic Champion she had been hunting. The deadly aura burns off the blood that was on it. She deactivates her sword and sheathes it, activating her communicator. "Target is eliminated, awaiting extraction." She says. Even though the enemy is broken and retreating, she still feels unease, and thus retrieves her bolter from it's thigh holster on her armor, racking the slide, and holding it at the read, her senses tuned and ready for combat. She looks around. She's still in the ruined habitation block where she had cornered the champion. It combines single floor shanties with high-rise hab-towers, resembling what those in the 21st century would call a 'ghetto'. Many of the shanties have collapsed, and most of the towers are partially collapsed and/or have parts of them still on fire. Every now and the the sound of metal groaning or rockcrete falling to the ground can be heard. Her psychic senses alert her to someone, or something watching her. "I know you're there. You might as well come out."

Jacogos
12-07-2013, 11:38 PM
Tau's sense came on in a flash of light, at least to the experiment's 'eyes'. Suddenly its world was alive, the sense of sight, sound, taste, touch, and smell all perceived in one glorious instant before it began to become commonplace almost immediately. Subject Tau took it all in with relish, enjoying his newfound life almost instantly.

Destroy your opponent.

And like that, the enjoyment was gone. Something told Tau what it must do and why it must do it, and the experiment obeyed. Gathering its surroundings, the orb of red light emerged from a corner and witnessed its destined opponent. It was impressed, to say the least.

The Inquisitor was a formidable visage for sure, standing above the corpse of her recently slain prey. Subject Tau made a note of the sword that would surely be her primary means of attack, its processors whirring silently as its computer began the first action of the match. Scanning took only about a second or two, an undetectable pulse of energy that traced the very fiber of the world for a half-mile. Data surged into Tau's primary and secondary processors, sorted and stored for later respectively and allowing the match to get underway almost immediately. However, for now, Tau was out of actions and would allow the Inquisitor to move first. It said nothing, simply floating there a few yards away after she had spoken.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 01:21 AM
She turns to the new addition. "So, there you are." She looks at the orb of light intently. She levels her bolter, and begins firing. "In the name of the Emperor, I purge you, warp spawn!" The mini-rockets fly toward Tau, with a very flat trajectory, tracing pink through the air.

Jacogos
12-09-2013, 04:29 AM
Tau immediately noted the bolter for the first time, primary processor whirring as it gathered this new information and played out its possibilities. Zipping to the right, Subject Tau disappeared around the corner it had been 'hiding' behind originally, just barely avoiding the whizzing bullets as they sped through the empty space it once occupied.

Commencing Electrical Pulse Sequence.

Tau might've jumped in surprise if it had legs, electricity sparkling off of its form as it seemed to attempt to electrocute the nearby air. Questioning how viable this form of offense or defense was against the likelihood of ranged opponents, Tau focused its attention on the corner where Scythia would likely appear around, slowly floating backwards down the hallway without really paying attention to where it was going.

Cfavano
12-09-2013, 04:38 AM
"You'll not escape me." Scythia rounds the corner, but not tight against the wall, keeping the creature at range until she can figure out its abilities. She targets it with her bionic eye, to increase her accuracy. She reloads and continues firing, reducing it to 3 round bursts. Less bullets, but it is more accurate. "Stand and fight, coward."

Jacogos
12-09-2013, 04:49 AM
"I question the logic of that statement. You're trying to kill me," Subject Tau replied in its monotone, gender-neutral voice, attempting to maneuver around the bullets as it did so. Its form was small, making it a hard target, and something in its secondary processor told it that moving erratically would make it an even harder target to aim at. Still, the bolts grazed its form more often than it would've liked, though any damage was unnoticable on the small orb of light. Though that didn't mean it didn't sting.

Initiating Firebolt Attack. came the voice once more.

Subject Tau had little time to prepare before it was launching a beachball-sized blast of fire at the woman, the force of the shot shoving Tau backwards a few feet. The red-orange projectile, though poorly anticipated, was still on a crash-course with the woman and would easily wash over her if she did not move. Upon hitting something, the Firebolt would burst to consume an extra two feet of space in flames.

Cfavano
12-09-2013, 05:08 AM
"It speaks. Surprising." She continues her advance, moving faster, and rolling under the ball. Yet, she could still feel the heat, and knows that she's lost her only eyebrow, and some of her hair. She gets up on her knee, to better balance herself. "A cowardly Daemon. You are different. But you must be purged nonetheless." She takes aim, but the the explosion happens, knocking her off balance and causing her shots to go wild, and her to become temporarily disoriented.

Shaking the stars from her head, she takes aim once more, but then gets up and calmly advances. The hallway Tau was retreating towards was a dead end. When Tau would finally get to the rear wall, she would then spray it with fire once more. "End of the line, Daemon." She would say once she opens fire.

Jacogos
12-10-2013, 03:54 AM
"You are mistaken, female," Tau replies, suddenly realizing that it no longer has an escape route. "I am an AAA, an Adaptive Attack Android. A demon is a creature of the netherworld, a hellspawn with dark powers. I exist because I was created by the Omega Facility. You are clearly not very adept at distinguishing one from the other." Peering about, the experiment quickly tries to find a way out of this situation, to little avail.

Activating Defense protocol.

Even as Scythia began firing, a shield of pure energy lept into existence around Tau, shielding him from the rounds that simply stopped dead upon impact. One round, however, did make it through before the shield was up, penetrating Tau's tiny form and causing it to yelp in pain. Electricity fizzled as the bullet left its 'body', piercing the wall behind Tau and exiting through the other side.

As this happened, however, another phenomenon was taking place around them. An artillery blast only a few hundred feet away shook the earth violently, causing the building they were in to groan as it began to give way. Unable to move from the shock it was experiencing, Tau did nothing as the floor beneath it gave way, the edge of the building falling away as the weakened foundation crumbled into dust. Safe within its defensive matrix, Tau was largely unaffected. However, during this time, the orb of light shone even brighter, obscuring its form from sight as it fell to the ground.

Whenever Scythia next saw Tau, the android would now be an entirely different being based on sight alone. No longer was it a fetus of light, but instead a small child, androgynous in gender. The child had dirty blonde hair that was tied back tightly into a very short ponytail, lopped off in the manner of warriors of old. It wore robes akin to those of a monastery, fitted to someone nary three feet tall. The child floated off the ground as the orb did, which showed that the child was wearing wooden sandals.

Cfavano
12-10-2013, 04:15 AM
The collapsing building proved troublesome, and Scytha managed blast her way through a wall and get out before she was crushes, but only barely, coughing from the dust, and hacking up phlegm. She regains her composure and once again faces Tau. "I see. You are AI, Abominable Intelligence, tech-heresy. Your very existence is unwanted. You are nothing more than an evil being, doomed to corrupt and destroy the galaxy." She takes aim. "And I shall end you." She fires another salvo of shots at range from her bolter. If Tau made a move toward her, she would maneuver herself to keep her at range, and keep firing at her, reloading if necessary.

Jacogos
12-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Tau maneuvered much more deftly this time, easily avoiding the barrage of bullets with only a few tears through its robes. The android's face was a somber mask of seriousness, as if contemplating the woman's words in their entirety. At length, Tau projected its voice over the gunfire, replying to her.

"It appears that you intend on eliminating me despite what I may actually be, then. Your mission is xenophobia: to destroy any that is not like you. A deplorable trait to be sure. I fear that the world is already corrupt for your continued existence in it." Its expression remained steady as it spoke, as if Tau was speaking down to a creature that could not comprehend what it was saying.

Gathering data... Commencing Elemental Blast: Fire Artillery.

"And I believe you will be the one to die here," Tau finished, bringing both hands up. Without further warning, a cannonball-sized plume of fire erupted from Tau's hands, launching at Scythia with the velocity of a round from the very artillery that were set up nearby. Tau recoiled back violently, landing in the debris of the fallen building with an audible thud.

Cfavano
12-11-2013, 03:41 AM
"Shit!" Thinking quickly She summons her psychic ability, and fires a molten beam of pure heat at the fireball. The combined heat of both attacks was enough to turn the ball into an unstable ball of plasma, a miniature sun, if you would. being unable to continue its reaction, and with nothing holding it together, it supernovas, causing a shockwave which hurls Scythia back 20 feet, and into a wall. She falls to the ground, dazed, and close to blacking out. However, she refuses to give up. By sheer force of will, she forces herself to her knees, then spits out bloody saliva, and then stands up, gasping for air. A determined look never leaves her place. Looking at her bolter, she sees that it is ruined, and throws it away.

"You dare to talk down to me, abomination? I, who have judged the fate of worlds? I, who am responsible for keeping humanity pure and safe? You present a threat to the Imperium of Man." She draws her blade, which crackles with a cyan aura of deadly psychic energy. "I am an Inquisitor of His holy Ordo Malleus!" In her off hand, she draws her pistol. "And I shall protect my fellow man from the likes of you!" She suddenly charges at Tau, leading off with a salvo of bright blue-whits plasma shots from her pistol, before going into an intricate flurry of slashes with her force weapon.

She begins reciting a piece from the First Book of Indoctrinations, to keep herself level-headed, and keep her from giving in to her righteous fury, for she is facing a true enemy of mankind. "The weak will always be led by the strong. Where the strong see purpose and act, the weak follow; where the strong cry out against fate, the weak bow their heads and succumb. There are many who are weak; and many are their temptations. Despise the weak for they shall flock to the call of the Daemon and the Renegade. Pity them not and scorn their cries of innocence - it is better that one hundred innocently fall before the wrath of the Emperor than one kneels before the Daemon."

Jacogos
12-14-2013, 03:26 AM
"So feeble-minded for one so determined to murder..." Tau mused quietly, grunting as it picked itself off of the ground. The super-nova managed to spray its entire body with flames, leaving burns and spots where its robes were singed open or completely off. This reveals to Scythia that it was branded with the letter Tau in the center of its chest. A few inches below it, though, could also be seen a clean hole through the android, revealing its complex innards. This was a result of the bullet that managed to get through before its defensive matrix had been all the way up.

As Subject Tau manages to get back into flight, holding the wound with a grimace, Scythia was getting up as well, which surprised Tau a bit since it had felt the power of that explosion completely. That she had survived at all was a shock.

"Your 'order' is a group of brain-washing zealots, I do not doubt," Tau mocked, holding a hand up as its next maneuver was accessed. Preparing Water Orb. Freeze Capability Allowed. The woman began firing once again, but Tau was ready. The water appeared seemingly out of nowhere, drawing into a sphere that immediately froze completely through. So wide was the sphere that it fully shielded the small child-like android that floated behind it and so thick was the ice that even the Inquisitor's advanced weaponry could not completely pierce it.

It could not stand against the mono-molecular blade, however, and the ice was split in twine in a brief moment. Tau could do nothing else other than attempt to flee, dodging backwards as quickly as it could, all the while studying the woman's motions with the keenest of eyes. Only through Tau's inexperience with hand-to-hand did Scythia managed to slice the experiment's left hand off. No sooner than did it separate from Tau than the hand disassembled itself into particles. A precaution by my masters, no doubt, Tau thought grimly.