PDA

View Full Version : Battle! The Cold Emperor (RedKayne) vs Inquisitor Scythia Kalta (Cfavano)

RedKayne
12-07-2013, 05:21 AM
Colosseum Match: RedKayne vs Cfavano

Deciding Factor: Death or Surrender, if accepted

Time Limit: None

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/129/c/9/Throne_Room_Dark_by_Fishspawn.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Heavy footsteps echo in the dark corridor, a dark figure was moving across the shadows. Light appeared at the end of the tunnel, and the Cold Emperor took his first step into the dark throne room. He looks around the forsaken area, his glowing eyes of blue fire carefully examining the environment. At the top-center of the room, an empty throne laid of a long-forgotten evil king. The Cold Emperor traveled far to this place, because he heard rumors of a powerful weapon hidden somewhere in the throne room. He wasn't sure if there was a secret passage or not, but he was determined to find it.

Immediately, his eyes then glance over at opposite end of the room, carefully watching the dark corridor over there as he hears someone approaching from within. This was a surprise, he didn't know there was someone else in the castle. Whoever it was and whatever their reasons, he... she... it didn't have that much longer to live. The Cold Emperor doesn't plan to share the weapon he has been searching for in his quest for power.

Cfavano
12-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Scythia was here for one reason, and one reason only. The destruction of the daemon-possessed weapon. She had had to cut down several sentries, and others who had came for the weapon. They were easily killed, as this planet had yet to gain advanced technology. But even as she spoke, a Fleet was on it's way to reunite this world with the rest of the Imperium. Her bionic eye gives off a faint light in the dimness. She approaches the throne room, when you feels the evil presence of the weapon, and another evil, albeit much weaker, presence. It obviously is a servant of chaos, and she racks the slide of her bolter, and says a small prayer of blessing on it, so that it may perform well in combat. Entering the room, she sees the figure.

"It appears there is another seeking this weapon for evil. Like the rest, I shall purge you as well." Leveling her bolter, she pulls the trigger, and unleashes a rapid-fire volley of the psycho-reactive explosive armor-piercing rounds. The bolt rounds are essentially mini-rockets, and have a very flat trajectory, and trail pinkish energy as the zoom through the air.

RedKayne
12-07-2013, 05:45 AM
The Cold Emperor was not impressed as he watched an armor-clad woman appeared from the passageway. She barely spoke a few words before she immediately started the battle by using her bolter and shooting several projectiles. The Emperor wasn't entirely sure of the effects of the projectile, and just to be safe, he slammed his hand on to the ground, sending a wave of Ice Magic in front of him. Immediately, a large wall of ice formed about ten feet in front of him. Each of the Inquistor's rocket-rounds bombarded against the Ice Shield, taking away chunks away from it. By the time they were all gone, the ice wall had many craters and fractures on it.

With a wave of his hand, the weak state of the Ice Shield shattered into pieces. "That was pathetic," the Cold Emperor simply said, his voice slightly muffled by the helmet he was wearing. "Die," he points his palm at the woman, and about a dozen Frost Shards formed from his hand. Immediately, they shot from his hand and towards the lady. These razor-sharp shard were useful for slicing through most armor like butter.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 01:26 AM
She grins. "So much hubris, for one so ignorant of the universe." She charges right at the ice shards, but rolls under them and rises on one knee, leveling her bolter once more and unleashing a barrage of bolts. This fool thinks simple sorcery will work? Pah, he telegraphs his every move.

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 01:40 AM
The Cold Emperor smirks under his helmet at the woman's comment. He holds out an arm, and a bright ball of light forms at the palm of his hand. Soon, that light shapes itself and then disappears, revealing the Scythe of the Reaper. He watches the upcoming bolts, and instead of trying to dodge them, he jumps back a few feet. Instead of his feet landing on the ground... it starts sinking into it... sinking into his own shadow as if it was liquid. He was quickly shoulders deep already into the ground and the bolts whizzed over his head. He cackles as his complete body disappears into his own shadow.

"I will make sure you die painfully in this forsaken area," his voice cackles as his shadow start moving at its own. It starts circling around the room at the speed of a wolf, waiting for its moment to strike. "What hope do you have, woman? What hope do you have when you face an opponent who is about to obliterate you?"

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 02:16 AM
"The Emperor Protects." She returns her Bolter to the thigh holster, and draws out her plasma pistol and Force word, the blade of the weapon crackling with deadly psychic energy. "I fear you not, heretic. I have face beings far more powerful and malevolent than you. I am an Inquisitor of His Holy Inquisition. And none shall stay my victory. I shall destroy both you and this weapon. If you surrender, I promise to make your death quick and painless."

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 03:27 AM
The Cold Emperor cackles even louder, "Well, Inquisitor, I too have faced very powerful and very malevolent beings. And I will admit... I wasn't strong enough to defeat one of them," he said truthfully, recalling the time where he was defeated in battle and failed to protect his beloved like he promised. It was a painful memory, watching her tears and hearing her scream for his name while his blood mingled into the ground and he felt his very life force depleting from him.

"I promised myself to get stronger and have my revenge on this being. Nothing will stop my quest for power. Once I slice your head off, I will use the cursed weapon of this throne room and use it to destroy your precious Order!" his shadow zooms to a corner, and then rushes towards her back. The Cold Emperor's body pops out of his shadow and he was about five feet behind the Inquisitor. He quickly rushes magic to the blade of his scythe, and it was quickly coated with Icefire. He swings the scythe in a wide arc intending to slice her in half, the blue fire from the blade left a trail in the air.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 03:45 AM
"Predictable." She spins around, and parries the scythe with her force sword. The scythe does hit her shoulder pad, carving a gouge, but not hitting her. Suddenly, her head is wreathed in golden light. "Burn, Heretic!" Suddenly, the very air around her ignites into a raging firestorm, which would engulf the cold emperor. But that was not it. She would then charge forward, and slam her massive weight (much of it from the armor, it's over 100 pounds), which would create distance, then, she would slash downward with her force sword.

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 04:13 AM
The firestorm caught the Cold Emperor off guard. He felt the flames sear through his armor and burn his skin, he had to grit his teeth together from the pain. He then felt the impact of the Inquisitor's forward charge, causing him to fall on his back and knocking the air out of him. As she charged at him to swing her sword downward, the Cold Emperor lightly tapped the ground with his right hand. His magic quickly spread throughout that area and ice covered the floor beneath the Inquisitor's feet, which would cause her to lose balance. He rolls away from her strike and quickly stands up, slightly breathing heavy from the pain.

Damn it, I'm still vulnerable to most fire attacks, he cursed himself. Smoke was still coming from his armor, the burn marks were hardly noticeable on the black metal. I rather wished I didn't had to use this, his scythe disappeared in a flash of light. A new weapon set replaced it. A short sword on his right hand, and the Dark Gauntlet on his left. I can already feel its voice... he glances at the sapphire gem embedded into its palm. He points the palm of his Dark Gauntlet towards the Inquisitor, "Its time for you to bleed," he says coldly as Frost Shards formed from his palm again. This time, there were twice as many, and they short forth towards the woman, covering more area this time.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 04:27 AM
The ice made her temporarily lose her balance, but the firestorm is still raging around her, and so the ice on the floor melted. She say the shards coming for her, and twisted her body, to present as small a target as possible, while using her sword to parry some of the shards. Some get by, however, and ping off of her armor, although one gets lucky and penetrates, hitting her shoulder. "Rrgh! You shall not win!" She twists her body around the other way, her pistol leading. She then fires a salvo of plasma shots, the white-hot super-heated balls of ionized gas trailing brightly through the air.

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 04:41 AM
The Cold Emperor held out his Dark Gauntlet, sending his magic right in front of him and forming another large shield of ice. The super-hot bullets though, went straight through his shield. Quite a few of them were direct hits against the Cold Emperor. He slightly staggered back, but then smirked. His Dark Gauntlet enhances his ice manipulation powers, so his shield of ice was stronger than before. Even though it wasn't able to completely stop her attack, the magic did its job and severely weakened and cooled the bullets. The impact felt like punches and some of the bullets dug into his armor almost about an inch, but none of them managed to contact with his skin.

Allow me to take over... Kyril...

No... this is my battle... He clenches his gauntlet in anger, Stay out of my head, the Cold Emperor warns. He glances back at his ice wall, even though it had quite a few small holes from where the bullets shot through, it was still standing. He could still use this shield as protection while he prepared for his next attack. Intense ice magic began to focus at the tip of his index finger of the gauntlet, the air around it became frigid as cold energy began to swirl around the sapphire.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 04:47 AM
"Still you cling to your sorcery." She once again changes position and focuses. She releases her energy in an invisible beam of pure melting heat. The air hisses and steams as the beam lances toward the cold emperor, Hot enough to reduce heavy battle tanks to piles of molten slag. It would likely pierce the shield of ice, and perhaps overload the gem in his gauntlet.

After this psychic shooting attack, she would charge through the hole she made, firing another salvo of plasma shots, then lead with her force sword, getting into melee with a low sweep followed by a kick to his chest, and another blast from her pistol.

- - - Updated - - -

"Still you cling to your sorcery." She once again changes position and focuses. She releases her energy in an invisible beam of pure melting heat. The air hisses and steams as the beam lances toward the cold emperor, Hot enough to reduce heavy battle tanks to piles of molten slag. It would likely pierce the shield of ice, and perhaps overload the gem in his gauntlet.

After this psychic shooting attack, she would charge through the hole she made, firing another salvo of plasma shots, then lead with her force sword, getting into melee with a low sweep followed by a kick to his chest, and another blast from her pistol.

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 05:40 AM
The Cold Emperor watches as she begins to focus energy. He cackles as the beam of light shot forth and towards him and his ice wall.

Her molten beam obliterated his ice wall and incinerated everything in its path. As the beam cleared, it left a huge melted hole near the wall where the Cold Emperor was standing at. However, the mage-knight himself was nowhere to be seen.

You were too late, the Cold Emperor cackled in his mind. As she fired her beam, the cool-down of one of his previous abilities was complete. He quickly sank into his shadow, and it darted away from the blast radius. It quickly hid behind the empty throne and out of her sight. Now, it was quickly binding his time for his next attack.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 05:54 AM
She looks around for him, but cannot seem to find the cold emperor at this point. Keeping her guard up, she releases her servo skull, so that it can scout the area It floats high in the room scanning the area. While this happens, she activates her vox link. "Prepare cyclonic torpedoes, Authorization Kaltos, Inquisitor, Ordo Malleus. Traces of Daemonic taint are visible. Exterminatus is the only remaining option. Fire upon my order." Her link buzzes the reply. She waits. "Come out, coward. If you make me look for you, It'll only make it harder on you."

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 06:05 AM
Let me take over... Kyril... I will squash her like a bug... just let me take over!

I said stay out of this! The Cold Emperor shouted in his head, the voice was slowly corrupting his mind, but he was using all of his willpower to stay in control. He knew he couldn't keep up this self-battle forever, he needed to finish off the Inquisitor as quickly as he could. This next move shall do it...

His shadow rushed around the empty throne and towards the Inquisitor like an incoming shark. He was about five feet away from her front side and then he jumped out of his shadow. With a loud battle cry, he slashed downwards towards her head. This main attack, however, was only a distraction.

He finished gathering up energy in his Dark Gauntlet, and its index finger was swirling with immense ice magic. He thrust his Dark Gauntlet towards the Inquistor's right arm, the briefest contact with that finger would cause her entire limb to be enveloped by ice.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 06:17 AM
As the Cold Emperor charges her, she quickly levels her plasma pistol, and fires a quick volley of shots at him, seeking to wound or slow him down. As he gets close, she once again activates her Holocaust power, a firestorm erupting from her being. During this she hops back to avoid the scythe, but that was when she saw the hand, and, stepping to the side, she brings her sword down on his arm. If it hits, it's likely to cut right through it, severing his hand and the gauntlet.

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 06:38 AM
The Cold Emperor twisted his body to avoid most of the shots, but some of them skimmed through his armor and burned his skin. She activated her firestorm ability again, causing even more agonizing pain throughout his body, but he continued with his assault anyway. His willpower would not let him slow down, he planned to end this fight. She manages to hop back from his short sword, but through the flames he saw her attempting to slash his hand off. He grins and slightly pulls his Gauntlet back, this was going to be a really reckless move of his own, but this would truly test his might.

The force blade made contact with his index finger, and then there was a large collision of energy. The powerful ice magic he gathered collided with the force blade, and then there was an explosion of energy between them. The Cold Emperor was thrown back from blast radius and his back collided hard against one of the walls. He fell to his knees on the ground, panting. He could still feel the sting of each burn on his body, everything felt painful to him.

This pain... however... was nowhere near what he felt before...

---
"Kyril! Kyril!" she screamed his name over and over again, her tears falling upon his bloodied chest. "Stay with me, Kyril!"

"It's no use, he's a goner," the dark figure spoke and took a step beside her, grinning wickedly.

"Don't.... don't you dare touch her," Kyril raised a bloody hand and pointed it towards the dark figure, trying to gather what remaining magical power he had left... but it was to no avail. He then saw the dark figure strike... and his world was gone.
---

"You will not stop me," the Cold Emperor spoke aloud as he stood up. "That weapon will be mine, and I will use it to stop him."

He raises up his Dark Gauntlet and smirks, it was intact even from that collision of energy. He glances back at his opponent, wondering what was her fate and what happened with her weapon. Most of the time, if any weapon came into contact with his Touch of Winter ability, it would freeze over and become useless.

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 03:01 PM
The explosion of energy Caused Scythia to stumble back, but she regained her footing thanks to her years of training. As the smoke cleared, the Cold Emperor saw Scythia still standing, her weapon intact, and cracking with it's deadly aura. A lesser weapon would have been destroyed, but her was an ancient and powerful Nemesis force weapon, created to be an anathema to daemons, and made of unknown metals.

"That weapon is evil, and has to be destroyed. It is tainted by the daemonic forces of the warp. As are you..." She points to the gauntlet. "And that gauntlet of yours. There is a daemon inside it, and has corrupted your mind. You've lost your humanity, and death is the only path you can take." With a silent mental command, she commands her servo skull to fly out from it's cover at high speed at the cold emperor from behind, and then explode with the force of a bomb. As that happens, she would then charge him, her pistol firing yet another salvo of shots, and then her sword swinging upwards in a powerful, cracking arc.

RedKayne
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Since there was nothing behind the Cold Emperor but the wall, he saw all of the Inquisitor's attacks coming towards his front side. His lips curl up into a wicked smile, "Heh, and you call me ignorant," he chuckles as he raises his gauntlet in front of him. Another ice shield formed quickly in front of him, except this time, it powerful enough where it withstood all of the Inquisitor's attacks; including the small bomb, the salvo of shots, and her pitiful attempt to slash at it. The Cold Emperor could feel the effects of the Cursed Gem giving him even more power than before.

"I lost my humanity way before I had this Gauntlet," the Cold Emperor cackles. "Time's running out for you, you self-righteous fool," he warns as ice energy began to gather around his body. Blue streaks of light swirled all around him, "The Abyss awaits you."

Cfavano
12-08-2013, 09:23 PM
"I see. Then my path is clear to me." She activates her vox-link. "Begin Exterminatus, Authorization, Kalta, Inquisitor, Ordo Malleus." She faces the Cold Emperor once again. "You have lost, heretic."

High, high up in space, the Inquisitorial ship wheels around to face the planet. On the main deck, the captain is informed they they have a firing solution on the planet. "Fire cyclonic torpedo." At his command, the bomb is fired at the planet. High in the atmosphere, the bomb goes off in a storm of light, energy, and fire. Within seconds, the planet's very atmosphere begins burning, the oceans boiling away into vapor. All life is extinguished on this world, and the castle the two fighters are in simply ceases to exist, as does everything else on this planet. It is not nothing more than a barren rock, devoid of all life and oxygen.

The Emperor protects.