PDA

View Full Version : The Squad

Mysteria
10-17-2009, 10:19 PM
A Roleplay By Zhengy Zhengster:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/eclarice/war.jpg (http://role-player.net/topic/7219133/1/#new)
IC will be up as soon as I make my character ^_^.

In the horizon dawn approaches with the roar of the waves crashing against land masses all over the planet. American soldiers already boarded in their LCVP's headed for the destination of their deaths. Many soldiers had friends and families back at home where they came from and many of those soldiers will not be returning to their loves one. This is war...this is World War 2...this is death at its greatest moment.

As the mortars exploded with shrapnels flying everywhere, one by one American soldiers fell and crumbled to their deaths. Squad after squad perishing under the raging fire of the MG42s.... Soldiers cried, "Medic!" The medics do their best to patch up any wounded soldier, but even with the medics help the soldier will be forever scarred across his whole body and the scars of this cruel war will never disappear.

With the soldiers last breath of every nation in this terrible war they call out, "Mom" (In German, Japanese, Russian, and basically every other language that was in the war.) Many nations say that the soldiers die calling out revenge to the nation that had killed them, but those guys were dead wrong. Mark's Diary, Mark Juno, September 10, 1944

OOC (Info):

Now that you have a little bit of information on what the time period is and some facts about the war. I will be adding on to this part of the page with more information later during the story that or another part of the post. So make sure to read this area once a week or twice/once every 2 weeks.

This will be in the East Pacific part of the world. This island is located about 52.2 miles North of New Zealand. The island is a very lush and green island full of trees, flowers, traps, animals, food, bombs, and many more items to be found later on in the story of mishaps. I know I am missing somethings so if anyone one spots it please pm me about it and I will see if I can fix it to the best of my abilities.

Main Story:

Squads were not very big, but for our story it will be a little bigger to fit our purposes. You are one man/woman in a 7 man squad. The battle you are going to take in is a top secret mission for the unit (27th ID, New York Division) eyes only. You were chosen among hundreds to particpate in this mission for your skills in combat, weapons, or tactician. The island which where you will parachute to (Which is where we will start) is called Hano Death. The only reason why it was called that was because so far from every other attempt to take this 6-10 mile by 8-10 mile island has all been a failure. So basically you are one of the most elite members of your whole unit.

Rules:

1. RPA Rules
2. Be as realistic
3. Atleast a paragraph (4-5 sentences) per post
4. Try to check the OOC and IC atleast once or twice a week
5. 3rd person...Grammer/English I can be semi easy going on that, but no text speak (ex: Hey wats up wana go to ur house fta school)
6. Have Fun
7. Questions pm me or Wolf

Secondary Information (Will not edit):

This part I will not be editing. Be realistic guys this is during World War 2 and the medicine still wasn't all that great so you will get injuried and that might have consenquences depending on how bad it is. I am going to rely on you guys to judge on how it will go with the injuries yourself so please don't make me regret it.

Also the island we are parachuting into is protected by Nazi and Japanese mixes. So you might or will be shot sometime or later that or even get a banzai charge.

Here are the 7 ranks of the Squad that you will be joining and remember there are only 7 spots.

Captain (CO)
1st Lieutenant (XO)
Sergeant (Group Leader)
Corpral -
Private First Class
Private
Private
Abbreviations - Cpt.| 1st Lt.| Sgt.| Cpl.| Pfc.| Pvt.

Gear list - Primary weapon (Heavy/Lights..ex: Sniper, M1 Garand, BAR, Thompson, Bazooka, Grenader, Flamethrower) | Secondary weapon...This is not allowed to be changed because your only secondary will be a Colt 45 pistol. | Melee weapons (2 only) 1 will be required which is a standard army issues combat knife handed out to all soldiers. You may have a extra close comat weapon at your choosing which was avilable in WW2. | Maxium 3 grenades. | Only heavy gun will be the .30 Cal Machine Gun and that is still a maybe at the moment. Also you may pick up the German/Japanese weapons after you kill them at a certain point. | Rations | Extra Rations | Bedroll | Extra Ammunition

You may lose some of your items on the parachute down, but don't worry you will most likely find replacements.

Here are the 7 positions of the Squad.

Captain (Me)
Lieutenant
Sniper
Heavy Gunner
Rocketman
Medic
Back up Medic/Sniper
Strategist/Tactian

"There are many more, but here are just a few of them so if you have one that you like please tell me how it was used in WW2 and make sure it is semi-realistic. If it makes sense for the position then it is okay, but if it doesn't then no."

Mysteria
10-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Zhengy Zhengster:

Skeleton:
Name:
Appearence: (Anime or Real either works)
Race:
Rank: (Cannot be Cpt. or Lt. ((Lt. still a maybe so hold on if you want it)))
Squad Position:
Weapon:
Equipment(Your bag):
Biography:
Why were you picked for this mission of the assault?:

Map:
Coming soon....

Setting:
0500, Above Hano Death Island, In you plane with parachute ready to jump.

Comments - This is my first RP so yep please tell me how I did and such.

Mysteria
10-23-2009, 12:54 AM
StormWolf:

Name: Alexander Adolph
Appearence: http://www.moviewallpaper.net/wpp/Til_Schweiger_in_Inglourious_Basterds_Wallpaper_8_ 800.jpg
Blonde hair, stunning blue eyes, and fair skin
Race: Garman Anglo Saxon.
Squad Position: Strategist/Tactician
Weapon:
Mp40 with folding stock - 4 clips
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/album/data/590/mp40.jpg
Hitler Youth Knife
http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/560/127/86/0ZA7wjsqJNzlUlD.jpg
Long Barrel Luger - 4 clips
http://www.justpistols.co.uk/luger_001.jpg
4 grenades
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/German_grenades_WWI.jpg
Equipment(Your bag):
Rations
Extra ammo for Luger and MP40 - 6 extra clips for each
Trench Shovel - Can be used as a close combat weapon (http://www.nexternal.com/armynavy/images/german-army-shovel.gif)
Biography: Alexander showed great promise as a youth. He was highly intelligent and physically superior to the most in his class, due to his father being a mechanic and technician in a German war factory. He was taken into the Hitler Youth program and trained to be one of the elite. Graduating at the top of his class, Alexander was made a Lance Corporal right off the bat. He was one of the soldiers that invaded Poland. Being part of the SS, he was forced to hunt down Jewish families and make them vanish.

It wasn't long after seeing what happened to the Juden that Alexander thought he was on the wrong side. He was a soldier. It was not his place to fulfill Der Fuhrer's vendettas.

Being relocated to Hano Death to set up a coordinated defense against invading American forces, Alexander was able to steal an Enigma machine from the stock sent to the island. Those Japanese have a knack for having sticky fingers, you know. Besides, Alexander was a respected Sergeant by now, no one would question him.

Using the stolen Enigma machine to contact the Americans, Alexander informed them of the powerful beach defenses. He told the truth: He was a Nazi defector. He wanted the war to be over in the favor of the "good guys". Alexander offered to be the guide and translator for the squad the American's said they would be sending. They promised amnesty and a safe way to America if the mission was a success.

Why were you picked for this mission of the assault?:
Alexander is a man on the inside. He can speak both German and English and some Japanese as well. Skilled (near genius) tactician, knows the layout of the Axis camps, can waltz right into a camp if needed.

Campster J.
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Alright I am ready now to keep this rp alive!

StormWolf
10-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Cool!

Security of Mem
10-29-2009, 08:50 PM
What spots are still open? What would you expect in a character? What are looking for?

Anne Bonny
11-02-2009, 03:57 AM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/withfilter2-1.jpg

Campster J.
11-02-2009, 04:26 AM
Sorry I have been off my RPA was being stuipd and for reasons unknown it wouldn't let me read topics. Well now I am not really sure what I am looking for so make your character and I will see how ya do mkay?

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 05:19 AM
I had another question. All right I've read my history. Now in the World Era they did have combat shotguns. Would it be all right to have a combat shotgun as my weapon?

Campster J.
11-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Name: Aaron "Kashmear" Zheng

Appearance: Ignore the Corporal Insignia on his helmet think it is a Captain lol. http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Spartan117MasterCheif/productionCorbinAllred.jpg

Race: American/Chinese

Squad Position: Captain

Weapon:
M1A1 Thompson 6 Clips
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Spartan117MasterCheif/thompson.jpg

M1 Knife
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Spartan117MasterCheif/usm3a.jpg

Colt .45 4 Clips
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Spartan117MasterCheif/t_1332_02.jpg

Tomahawk (Should look older, but I couldn't find a good one so imagine it older and more simple lol)
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Spartan117MasterCheif/WoodedSmAxe.jpg

U.S Hand Grenade (Forget name)
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd161/Spartan117MasterCheif/118699_f260.jpg

Equipment:
Rations
Tomahawk it is a little keep sake from his past.
Bedroll
Extra Ammuntion. x3 for the Thompson and x2 for the .45

Biography: Kashmear was never really into the whole war thing till the Holocaust happened. By that he had finished college with a diploma and a job already with a happy family. The Holocaust had crossed the line with him and he enlisted with the Army. He started off just like any soldier, but quickly rose through the ranks due to his brillance and physical ability to get him and anyone under him through situations where many others have failed. One success achievement to the Army was the ambush on the German reinforcements. Though Kashmear found no success in that when he lost his whole battalion in the first few minutes of landing.

Though before all that he was a recuit then private then so on. He corrected many captains and majors through the few years of military service he had done thus increasing the speed of his promotions to captain himself. On the day when he received the information to take a special group of soldiers to assault an island he was a bit suspicous on where the information had come from. He searched for the answer and well in the end he didn't like it very much. He didn't like the Germans after the Holocaust and a traitor? Well he thought that was even worse because what was stopping the damn German from betraying them and leading them into a ambush. He had no say because it was a direct order from the president of the United States so he had to obligate to the order or face dishonorable discharge.

Why were you picked for this mission of the assault?: Kashmear has showed much skill in his previous missions that he had lead. One of them was leading a success ambush against German reinforcements to Omaha Beach. He started with a whole battalion, but as they marched forward men after men fell before his lead. His heart ached to pull everyone back, but orders were order and he carried it out till the end. When he ambushed the German reinforcements he only had about 20 men left. Casualties were costly and after the ambush only him and 10 other of his original battalion was still alive.

StormWolf
11-02-2009, 05:34 AM
i can't wait for this to get off the ground!

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Name: Kamau Badru

Appearance: Hold On

Race: Japanese/African American

Squad Position: Wing man....um backup. Not sure what to call the guys that go in right after you to back you up.

Weapon: Need your approval on this

Equipment: Under construction

Biography: Hold on

Why were you picked for this mission of the assault?: hold on

Campster J.
11-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Well if your going to be a Lieutenant it is usually called the XO or Executive officer otherwise XO. Though not being mean or anything is that I think you should move down one more rank. No racial discrimination or anything is that there still some discrimination in the world and the Japanese were really hated so the people wouldn't make the rank Lt. and also for me I was hoping for someone with more military knowledge. Regular soldiers carried the M1 Garand which is a 8 shot clip. The clip will shoot out by itself when you have finished the 8 clips and only when you have finished the 8 clips or it will not come out. Standard issue combat knife, bedrolls, extra ammunition, extra rations, and have the ability to fill in for the mission BAR man spot.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
As I said I have done my history. During World Wars they used combat shotguns, maybe not as the main weapon doesn't mean it didn't happen. Usually they were used for trench sweeps. I may know little about the military, but what I lack in military data is the ability to learn.

Campster J.
11-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Well you can have Lt. if no one else wants the spot ^_^. So yeah. When you guys have a chance help advertise the RP.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Booya, I get a shotgun. That's my weapon of choice. I went to a shooting ranger with my father a couple of times and I feel the most comfortable with shotguns. Also a gun I choose for FPS.

I'll use the Winchester 1897 model, does that fit in with the time zone of this RP?

Edit: It should.

Campster J.
11-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Sorry no Winchester it has to be the issue colt .45. Also I know that they used shotguns in WW2, but this is more of a stealth mission you have to recall ^_^. I know the .30 cal is loud, but that has some range to it and it is a heavy gun which can provide with good cover and also he can be left behind when the bullets are out. While the shotgun is lighter and still fairly efficient even with out bullets. Up close using the butt of the weapon can hurt someone badly while the .30 cal takes too much time to swing. So it will be useless after the bullets run out.

Security of Mem
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
Okay, I'll use the issue colt .45

Edit: I thought we could have two weapons. That pistol thing and then whatever our characters were good at. I mean someone has a sniper rifle and the issue colt .45

I wanted shotgun and issue colt .45

I'm not understanding something here, obviously. lol

StormWolf
11-03-2009, 01:28 AM
it would have to be the GI American shotgun for the times. The Trench Gun, basically. The colt .45 is given to every soldier as a standard firearm.

Security of Mem
11-03-2009, 01:39 AM
it would have to be the GI American shotgun for the times. The Trench Gun, basically. The colt .45 is given to every soldier as a standard firearm.

Oh okay. Thanks.

StormWolf
11-03-2009, 02:27 AM
no problem ^_^

Campster J.
11-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Oh yeah Storm your the co-owner of this RP since you helped me on the way, but yeah basically that is it a main firing arm and a 2ndary fire arm. For 2 weapons I mean't like a close combat weapon. Like the standard issues were the Mark 1's, 2's, and 3's. I have a M1 which is also a Mark 1 and a Tomahawk so that is my 2nd close combat weapon that is what I mean't sorry for any confusion.

Security of Mem
11-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Okay going to finish my profile now

Ryudo
11-08-2009, 08:16 AM
This looks great! Will be working on my profile as soon as I finish this post!

Campster J.
11-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Great to have you abroad!

whoaWhitney
12-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Hello group - this game is going to be recycled due to inactivity.
You can always request it to be reinstated should you wish to continue with it.
Please PM any of the mods if you wish your game to be brought back.
Let me know if you have any questions
-whit