PDA

View Full Version : Summoner (IC)

Wander
07-18-2010, 08:44 AM
SUMMONER

JUNE 28, 2025. THURSDAY. 8:31 AM.

"And we're live... In 5... 4... 3... 2...."

LIVE AT NOVA ISLAND WITH HELEN CRUZ, PATROL 7 NEWS.

"Just months ago, a group of archeologists found an undiscovered island, baring what seems to be remains of a hidden culture. These archeologists, headed by the well renowned Professor, Dr. Adrian Gwain, are on the verge of uncovering lost truths in the history of the world with the simple finding of this island. Today, I shall be interviewing the said leader of the archeologists to learn more about the island and their findings.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/199/d/c/Summoner___T_V__by_Dante123ICanBeAnyone.jpg

"So tell me Dr. Gwain-"
"Please, just call me Professor."
"Alright then. So Professor, can you tell us what you have discovered so far?"
"We have found several artifacts uncovered around the island, and the recent tests placed on them tell us they have been dated to exist around the range of 1000 to 2000 years ago. Based on studies so far, we are starting to believe we have discovered the remnants of a well hidden civilization. Some of the items we have found include different jewelry made from the island's resources, very limited supplies of which I believed were used for their architecture, and what appears to be cooking utensils. Though oddly enough, despite the fact 5 months have past since we started excavating on this island, we have not at all found any remains of weapons from these people despite the fact many of the fallen architecture and certain areas show evidence that a battle took place here."
"That does sound odd. If the people did not have weapons available for themselves, then how do you think did they battle?"
"The answer to that will have to wait. Though I believe all the answers will come once we finish excavating around the center of the island."
"I see. Thank you very much, Professor.

"Currently, the archeologists and workers are excavating around the center of the island since recent tests show that there is in fact a tomb hidden underneath the layer of earth around the island's center. And according to our sources, in just a few hours from now, they might be able to open the entrance to the very tomb beneath the island. I believe with the opening of this tomb, this would become history in the making...."

--------

"I believe with the opening of this tomb, this would become history in the making.... Now other sources tell us-"

"Eck. History? I'm no longer interested."

The newscaster was cut-off and disappeared from site as Jett quickly clicked on the bright red button located at the top right corner of the remote in his hands. He then placed down his legs which were reclined on the table in front of him as he started to stand up and stretch his arms. "HEY! I WAS WATCHING THAT." Said a voice from behind. It was his sister. By now she was trying to grab unto the remote in Jett's hand, but sadly for her, she could not keep up with the height of where he was placing the remote just so that she wouldn't get it. "You're going to need to try harder than that to get the remote, sis." "Come on, Jett! Stop being such a jerk!" From down the hall, a sigh was heard, and their mother came in to correct the young man. "Jett, turn the television back on for your sister. And please try acting your age sometime? You're 17 years old." Grumbling, Jett presses the button to return the power into the t.v.

"Within the week, Germany has won yet another game and are just steps away from the World cup." "Hey. Awesome. Sports." Jett said as he was smiling at the expression on his sister's face knowing how ticked off she was at the fact she missed the last message of the last report. "Ugh. You're such a jerk, Jett." "Thanks. And you're an annoying ditz." Showing a face of insult, she stormed out of the room and headed upstairs. Jett was about to return back to the t.v. until it was turned off automatically by itself. "What the-"
"Jethro... We need to talk."
Jett simply sighed and turned to his mother. "What?"
"Jett. After this year of high school, you're going to go to college and may never see Kira again."
"Good, more time for me to stay away from her."
"Take me seriously now, Jethro. You should at least spend some time with her and actually learn how to get along with her better, and you should do it before heading to college or else you might actually regret it once you're there already. You obviously know your dad brought you here for that specific reason." Jett kept silent as she said this. "If... If you can't do it for yourself, for me, or your father... Can you at least do it for him?" Sighing once more, Jett looked to the side and then to his mother and nodded. "Fine. He probably doesn't like seeing us fighting in the first place anyway." Smiling at Jett, his mother came up to him and kissed his forehead. "Thank you Jett. Now get yourself ready. Your SAT review classes are in a while..."

Tsunami
07-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Aren waited impatiently in front of the door to the library, checking his watch for the fifth time in the past minute. "Almost... there!" he exclaimed quietly to himself, as the digital read on his watch showed that it was half past eight. Pushing open the doors to the library, Aren found himself immediately at ease. This was his home, this was the place he belonged!

Walking over to the shelves, he began his search for today's reading material. Within a few minutes, he had found four books that had seemed interesting, and he moved over to 'his' table. Sliding out 'his' chair, he sat down, and began to read.

Ludypoof379
07-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Alice sat upon the table in her dorm room swinging her legs as she stared out of her window. It was a beautiful day outside. She signed softly and only glanced at the laptop beside her. It contained all of her text books and also access to the internet. She thought for a moment she might want to study but changed her mind. It was nice to be living here and that it was paid by the government. The only issues she had were how some people scoffed at her because she was in grad school at 18 years old. There were younger people who had gotten through long before she did.

Pushing herself off of the table she landed softly on the floor and then pulled the laptop off of her table and held it to her chest with both arms as she turned and walked to the door of the dorm room. Reaching out with one of her hands she twisted the knob, opened the door, left the room, and closed the door. Yanking a lanyard that was hanging out of her pocket, she locked the door and jammed the keys back into her jean pocket as she walked away from the dorms. Alive was headed towards the library in the city...

Alice arrived the library and as she got out of the car noted that by the look of it the library had only opened a few minutes before she arrived. She walked up the path to the library and opened the door with her laptop still cradled in her left arm. She entered and found a nice comfy chair, sat down Indian style, and opened up her laptop...

UberPingu
07-19-2010, 06:02 AM
"D is for disease.. E is for Entropy.. A is for acceptance, so drop your futile weapons.. T is for time, and you don't have much left! H is for Heaven or Hell. Now let's hear it for death!"

The only thing seperating Donnie and the world was music. Nothing like the throb of old school headphones and his own rhythmic step. Nothing like wet pavement and the smell of the dying ozone layer. Smog travels as fast as the traffic here. His thin, dark flannel shirt flared behind him as he walked. His pace was not usually brisk, but this song was so upbeat. The singer screamed on:

"My friends, you know that no side's better in the end. We're all gonna fry togethaaaaaaah!"

Donnie ran a hand through the front of his hair and used the natural coat of grease to spike it up a bit. How long ago was his last shower? Didn't matter. He didn't have a girl to impress at the moment. Step. Step. Step. Beat. Beat. Beat. Stoplight. Wait. Wait for it... Walk. Step. Step. Swear. He could've sworn that prostitute was glaring at him. It couldn't be...?

Oh yes it could. Aw... $*@&!... Donnie sighed and stopped on the curb. She was walking over. A platinum blonde about five foot three. Dark red lips, too much mascara, tight little black dress. Unmistakable. "Donnie-boy!" She crooned venomously, "Donnie-boy, you wouldn't happen to have my $300 do you? Hmmm? A girl's got to pay the rent, you know."

"You could come stay with me," Donnie smirked, "I could get you off the streets for good, Posha."

"Right," Posha sneered, "And live in a rat-hole with you. Sounds like a dream. Fork it over, boy."

AliceMalice15
07-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Victoria glowered angrily at the man unfront of her. The morning had not gone well and now this? Crossing her arms she sighed in annoyance.

"Look Mr. Marco," she sighed, "I told you there is no way I can get you those outfits by tomorrow. I'm super busy as it is. The earliest I can get them to you is Thursday."

"That's not good enough," Mr. Marco said aggitatedly, "please Victoria. I know you can do this. Your my best designer! Isn't there anything I could take for the magazine?"

"I'll see what I can do Mr. Marco," Victoria sighed, "it probably won't be much, but it will be something."

"Oh thank you," Marco said happily, "I know you'll come up with something spectacular. You always do! Anyway I have other matters to attend to. I will leave you to it and I need whatever you have by tomorrow afternoon. Just give it to my secretary. Tah tah."

Victoria watched as the man hurried quickly out the door. Sighing she turned back to the model she'd been working on. The girl was rail thin and the material was draped around her trying to look fashionable. Victoria shook her head and began unpinning the material. She hadn't had a good idea in days! How was she suppoosed to make a living like this!

UberPingu
07-20-2010, 11:31 PM
"Look, Posh," Donnie pulled out a box of cigarettes, "We've known each other for what- a year now?"

Posha narrowed her eyes as she watched Donnie light a stick and then offer her one. "What's your point?" she asked impatiently. She took the cig and let Donnie light it for her.

"Well, I was thinking... we could actually be friends. I could be your friend instead of your customer," Donnie said. Posha laughed, tendrils of smoke escaped her lips and nostrils, "Alright, Donnie-boy. We're friends. But that still won't get you out of paying that three-hundred bucks."

"Fine," Donnie sighed coolly, "Give me another week. I'll get your money." He leaned against the brick wall, deciding to stay and chat awhile. He had nothing else to do. His next job was later that night. A special delivery on the down-low. From point A to point B. A midnight run for $50.

Donnie turned his head down and to the side to sneak a peek at Posha's figure. She really was a pretty thing. Her affection made Donnie's heart sing and his blood run hot. Sometimes he could almost convince himself that she was his. But nothing in this life is free.. Except for maybe the smoggy air and the weak sunlight that hardly penetrated the haze.

Wander
07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
"Quite a while has past since the last review, and things are finally moving along nicely. The others until now are still under the sun, digging around the area I had specifically told them to concentrate on. They had dug up much already, quite quickly for the amount of time they had spent, but sadly the entrance is much more deep in than I have expected. It won't be long until they find something-"
"Sir... Sir! I think you're going to need to put that journal down so you can come over here and see this..."
"Why speak of the devil."

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/202/2/e/Stone_pillar_in_the_sand_by_Dante123ICanBeAnyone.j pg

"What do you think it is sir?"
"Hmm... It looks like one of those pillars in the sands... Except compared to the others, this one actually has a something engraved on it... It suspiciously looks like a... Door... I wonder..."

As he presses it, the next thing everyone knows, much of the sand and dirt, collapse into the ground, and an entrance is revealed.

"...Someone. Give me a flashlight..."

-------

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN EVEN SHE'S JOINING ME?" Jett exclaimed as he found out some "badnews" as he would take it. "You didn't know even 3rd year students can take the reviews and the SAT's?"
"I- I do... But... I was hoping that I could get away from her this time... Plus mom never told me anything about this!"
"Chill, man. It's just your sister-"
"Just my sister? JUST MY SISTER?" He takes a breath in before making his next statement. "Why would she join the review classes anyway? It's not like as if she's going to prove anything is she?"
"....Actually, I will." Kira managed to hear her brother from across the hallway and decided to butt into his chat. "I get to prove to everyone how much smarter I am than you." She continued grinning menacingly towards him. "Hardy-har-har. Very funny." Jett said with sarcasm.

AliceMalice15
07-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Victoria sighed as she stepped outside for a cigarette. She knew the things were disgusting, but they made her relax. Plus she only ever smoked them when she was stressed. Deciding to take a walk she began strolling down the sidewalk. Soon she came upon a pair of people on a street corner smoking as well. Sizing them up Victoria leane against the wall of the building that stood at the corner.

Suddenly she glanced back at the boy. There was something about him. His clothes weren't anything special, but somehow he made them seem fashionable. He was handsom she'd give him that, but it amazed her how he seemed to make things work. Walking up to him she put on a winning smile and snuffed out her cigarette.

"Hey you," she called, "you got a minute?"

UberPingu
07-23-2010, 07:42 AM
"If you're going to offer me a 'good time', then no thanks." Donnie eyed the attractive stranger. One long stare-down and he concluded without much thought: another whore. Man oh man.. Someday they'll take it all away. Self-control was never given much thought. The only thing Donnie really mastered was the ability to deal with consequences.

Posha was a bit more friendly, "You new around here or something?"
Donnie played with his cigarette impatiently. Small talk annoyed him. Fluff. Meaningless and unnecessary. The new girl was uninteresting so far. Few things caught his attention. He'd seen it all. Done it all. Yet he continues to get himself into stupid, sticky situations. Donnie wrapped his flannel closer to his body, so that it hugged the angular contours of his lean body. Still no comfort. Maybe another cig would do. Or maybe some food. His stomach growled angrily. It had been neglected for nearly 24 hours. Food should always come first.. Damn.. I should get my priorities straight.

Peephole
07-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Warren awoke.

When most people say this, there tends to be an associated image of early-morning grogginess, an actual wake-up period. Warren seemed to transcend these stereotypes rather easily, shooting up the moment his alarm went off and mechanically going through his task list; shut off alarm, head for shower, get dressed, eat and pills, brush teeth, leave. This was all extremely routine, as it was to most people. The difference between "most people" and Warren was that others didn't keep track of their schedule down to the minute. He was very precise about what he wanted done, and when it would be done. After waking up at around 6:30, he allowed himself ten minutes for a shower, three to get dressed, seven for eating, and another two for brushing his teeth. It took about twenty minutes to drive to his work, and another eight to make his way up the floors of the generic office building. By the time he arrived at his desk in the System Analytics section, it was always almost exactly 7:30.

Despite this immaculately organized behaviour, Warren didn't uphold the look of someone who was obsessive about such things. He was quite often unshaven, his hair generally unkempt since cutting down the time so much in the morning left very few opportunities to fix himself up. Had it been any other employee, they most likely would've been fired by now. But Warren was probably the best System Analyst there, having saved the company's drives and servers from more than one crash. Apparently the managers thought him worth the eccentricities and odd appearance.

The day felt normal as he settled himself into the computer chair, spinning in a light circle before stopping at the keyboard, a random practice that he had somehow picked up during his years of work here. However, as his eyes drifted over the cubicle, he could've sworn he saw something a bit strange; what looked like a large, furry insect. His heart jumped, and he almost fell out of the chair as he stopped it at the desk, stumbling out of it and pulling himself to his feet. Warren turned around, staring out of his cubicle and into the small hall.

He took a few cautious steps outward, looking from side to side slowly and not entirely noticing the strange glances he was getting. After a quick examination of the hall with no results, his heart calmed a bit, and he returned to the desk.

What Warren didn't realize was that this wasn't going to be the last strange occurrence of the day.

Wander
07-27-2010, 12:23 PM
"Sir, what do you think is down here?"
"I have no idea. But whatever it is, it must be valuable since it was hidden from the outside view."
"...What if it isn't?"
"Hmm... Unlikely. But at the end we're going to find out anyway..."
"Weird, this tomb is starting to look just like a hallway... And has anyone noticed how cramped up this place is getting?!"
"Quiet, Jones. No one wants to hear your complaints- My word."

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/208/0/1/Door1_by_Dante123ICanBeAnyone.jpg

"Hmm... Well I'll be. Those carvings do have a meaning... It still looks like a door but, how is it possible for someone to use such a door if it doesn't lead to anything?"
"Uhm... Sir..."
"Quiet, Jones."
"But sir, the carvings on the wall-"
"...Jones, there are no carvings on the wall."
"...That's not what I see..."
"...Right... Hmm... I wonder how plants can survive on the door despite the lack of light in here..."

As the young man closely looked at the "invisible carvings", the professor continues to examine the stone door. For some reason, the carvings move and the next thing he knows, he is in a trance...

"I wonder... What is to happen if... Mr. Frederick, touch the door."
"Uhm... Sure... If you say so..."

His hands are brought close to the door, and Jones returns to the world, sweating with nervousness, seeing what was to come...

"SIR! NO!"

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/208/f/8/Door2_by_Dante123ICanBeAnyone.jpg

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/208/2/3/Face_by_Dante123ICanBeAnyone.jpg

"At last..."

--------------------

"...Our time has come..."
"What did you say?"
"Hmm? I didn't say anything, Jett."
"Funny... I thought I heard something..." Jett was in front of a locker, getting ready for his next review class by returning and grabbing certain notebooks from his locker. As soon as he gets what he needs, he then closes the locker and turns to the crowded hall to his right, only to be surprised by a weird image. Amidst the crowd, there was a man... A very tall man looking at him... The man was very blurry in his eyes, which caused him to try and focus his sight on him. Slowly a different image overcame him... This man had a face of a lion, and horns jutting from the top of his head. He was wearing some sort of armor and held unto an odd blade. Jett started to stare at this man, and could not take his eyes off him. They soon made eye contact, and a message came into his mind. "Prepare yourself... There is a lot coming ahead of you."

"Jeett... Jeeett... JETT."
"Wait-Wha-?"
"Stop spacing out. You look even more like an idiot that way."
"Woah, woah, woah. Kira, did you not see the... Lion head man?"
"...The WHAT?"
"Yeah, the guy, he was standing just over-"
For some reason, the man had disappeared from sight with out making a noise.
"-There..."
"Uh... Yeah. And I saw a man with long white hair, wearing a mask, and holding unto some.... Long blade a while back. Very funny."
"But I swear..." Kira had walked away by now to go to her own review class.

"I'm telling the truth this time."

AliceMalice15
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Victoria sighed and pulled out another cigarette lighting it and blowing out a small cloud of smoke. Crossing her arms she gave the boy a look of annoyance.

"A good time," she said sarcastically, "well if you consider a job a good time then sure. If your talking about something more... Serious... Then no. I only offer that to people I like."

Victoria flicked the burnt end of her cigarette before continuing.

"I'm a fashion designer," she sighed, "frankly kid you've got what it takes and more. I'm offering you a job. It pays well and there are plenty of benefits. So are you in? Your... Friend can have a job too of she wants. She's got the right stuff."

UberPingu
07-28-2010, 06:28 AM
"I think she means your boobs, Posh."

Posh snorted, "Three hundred by the end of the week. Or else." She gave the fashion chick a quick nod of farewell and sauntered off. As she passed, a strong wave of the most delicious perfume blasted Donnie in the face. He breathed it in deeply and sighed. Then he looked up, finally making eye contact with the unfamiliar girl.

"Look, lady.. I'm not into fashion," Donnie took this opportunity to get a long, subtle look at the girl's torso, "I'll deliver packages. Lift heavy objects... and...take you out to..."

Donnie blinked. The girl was out of focus. Her face a complete blur. An eerie feeling crept up on him. He shook his head. Rubbed his eyes and the bridge of his nose irritably. The haze just grew stronger. "What the-"

Rrrraaaaaaghrr.. rarrr..rawrrrrr! Grrrrrrrrurrrr...

A deep growl echoed in his mind. A wavering shadow. The old brick buildings no longer seemed solid. They fell away from his eyes like mist. The sky turned from a dull, polluted grey to fiery orange. Donnie blinked, shook his head again. Was it a drug-induced flashback? Did he take a hit this morning? No memory of that.

There was another rumbling growl. An animal growl. Nearby? No. So close. Like it was right as his ear. No. Closer than that. He leaned against the brick, overcome by a sudden weakness in his knees. For once, Donnie had no answers. No witty remarks to throw at this strange dream.

AliceMalice15
07-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Victoria frowned as the boy began to reject her offer. When his voice trailed off she looked at him worriedly. What was wrong with him? When he leaned against the wall to support himself Victoria grabbed his arm to steady him.

"Woah," she said, "you ok? You aren't looking so good."

Victoria looked around and sighed. Putting his arm over her shoulder she began leading him toward her office.

"Come on," she sighed, "you need something in your stomach. I have just the thing. Did you do some drugs this morning or something?"

Victoria shook her head and continued down the sidewalk. What had she gotten herself into?

Ludypoof379
07-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Alice sat cross legged with her warm laptop upon her legs as she typed away at a report she had due in a week. ' Oh hmmmm' she thought to herself as writer's block presented it's self to her. She sighed softly, closed her laptop, and stood up while tucking the laptop under her arm. She began to walk between the shelves of books looking for what may help her upon her history report. As she walked between shelves she saw a man, a man with wings, standing in an isle.

' Now that can't be possible...' she took off her glasses to see if it would help. The man was gone. She shook her head and her blond hair danced around her face. She turned and thought to herself, ' I'll do the report later... what in the world was that?'

Alice was a bit confused. She was so used to facts and details. Not so much of men with wings. She had heard of people who dressed up with wings and armor and crazy things like that. People who believed in fantasy. What in the world was happening?

Alice walked out of the library and put her laptop into the passenger side of her dark red monte carlo and then leaned against the side of her car, staring up into the sky.

UberPingu
07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Donnie was just about to push her away until she mentioned food. FOOD... But it wasn't his stomach that was growling. It was definitely something else. Donnie allowed the girl to lead him down the sidewalk, but tried to hold his own weight. His legs tried to obey, but they stumbled occasionally. By the time they reached the office, he felt more stable.

He flew through the doors and felt the air conditioning cool on his damp face. He hadn't even noticed he had broken out into a sweat... What's going on? He remained calm; he was always calm, but this had never happened to him before. Donnie found the nearest chair and collapsed into it, breathing a sigh of comfort.

"Thanks, I'm fine now," Donnie mumbled. Just as he started to relax, the sound of a heavy stone door grinding open reverberated in his mind, scattering his thoughts. He could almost see the door in his mind's eye.. marked with glowing symbols.

AliceMalice15
07-29-2010, 01:58 AM
Victoria watched the boy sink into a chair as she walked into the office kitchen.

"Hey no problem," she said loud enough for him to hear, "so you got a name or am I just gonna call you kid?"

returning to the room she handed him a plate with a blt on it. Sitting backwards in a chair she looked at him.

"Eat up," she said, "it'll make you fell much...better...wha...?"

the room had gone all blurry and seemed to be dissolving. Had she eaten something bad?suddemyl she saw something move in the corner of the room. When it moved she lept out of her chair and backed up a bit cautiously. What was that?! The thing stood up spreading a massive pair of wings. When it bowed Victoria though she was going mad. What kind of bat winged creature knew how to bow! As suddenly as it had started the 'vision' was over. Victoria found herself staring wide eyed at the empty corner. Looking at Donnie she pointed at the corner.

"Did you see that," she asked, "did you see something in the corner? I swear I just saw something. Maybe I need to sit down."

Sinking back into her chair Victoria shook her head. What the hell was that?!

UberPingu
07-29-2010, 06:41 AM
"Something screwy is going on.." Donnie leaned forward in his chair and put his head in his hands. "A door. Opening. And a lot of growling."

Obviously he wasn't the only one experiencing this weirdness. Victoria's eyes were wide with confusion; her gaze seemed far off. It couldn't be a coincidence that they were tripping out at the same time. The sounds and illusions started to fade away, and everything was normal again within the next minute.

Donnie chuckled in amazement. "Wow, whatever got into my system.. It's pretty damn good." Little did he know, it wasn't drugs, an airbourne substance, or radiation (which were his first three guesses). Growly had entered his mind. Growly, the One of Eternal Growling, had been waiting for this moment for eons. With rabid vigor, the beast had targetted his match and forced his new master to accept him as his Summon. Two were one. Growly purred as he nestled inside Donnie's head. "Insatiable hunger! My hunger for revenge..." growled Growly.

Tsunami
07-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Aren sighed contentedly, flipping his book closed, before walking through the shelves and replacing it. He caught a flicker of movement just on the edge of his vision, but as he moved to face it, it was gone. The young boy tilted his head to one side, confused, before shrugging and continuing his search to find a new book.

-------

Tsunami meandered along the hidden pathways and roads in the void, not really going anywhere, not really having anything to do. The gateway beckoned to him like a siren's call, but each time he approached it, he felt a strange sensation, filling him with a curious combination of worry and dread. "Could this be Fear?" he rumbled to himself, his voice vibrating through the entire armor. Steeling himself, he approached the gateway once more, walking through it, back into the world he once knew.

-------

There it is again! Aren thought to himself, as the space just outside of his vision seemed to ripple. What's going on? Pretending to continue reading his book, Aren waited, watching the little he could see from how he was positioned flipping pages about as quickly as he would have were he truly reading.

AliceMalice15
07-29-2010, 12:31 PM
"Ok dude I don't do drugs," Victoria sighed, "I'm barely ever out of this office, so no radiation. Airborn is an option though... Crap why me... Did you just say something?"

Victoria looked around in confusion. She could swear she had heard someone speak her name. She knew she hadn't told it to the boy so how could it have been him? What was going on? What was that thing?

-----------------------

Tsetan sighed, his summoner wasn't accepting him. He had to get to her some how. Her name! What was her name? Victoria! Victoria. A beautiful name. Sighing he reached out to her.

'Victoria,' he called out,'Victoria, please concentrate. I need your help.'

Tsetan knew she probably hadn't heard most of what he said, but it was worth the try. Looking back at the door he had just exited he could see an old aquaintance of his. Tsunami or something. He seemed hesitant to exit the door. It had felt odd to Tsetan, but he knew he had to contact his summoner. The door seemed to jam his abilities.

----------------------------

Victoria rubbed her head and walked into the kitchen to make herself a smoothie. Blending up a strawberry smoothie she walked back into the office again. Suddenly a strange feeling came over her and she stumbled back grabbing a hold of Donnie's shoulder to steady herself, but she ended up falling all of the way down and passing out.

UberPingu
07-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Donnie swore as he watched Victoria collapse on the floor. He stood up and leaned over her, gently lifting her by her upper arms. "Hey, wake up," Donnie shook her a little, but no good. He slowly lowered her back onto the floor and looked around the room for the telephone. Was this a 911 situation? Donnie walked over to her desk and reached for the phone, but something growled inside of him. His hand froze outstretched.

"No! No need for help. Female is fine. Female is like us. Stronger as one," the beast purred, "Strong enough to kill them all."

Donnie stood there, relatively relaxed. This wasn't the first time he had voices in his head, but this one was powerful, strangely familiar, and very real. "I am your Summon. You are my master. As one we are strong. As one we will kill-"

"I heard you the first time," Donnie said aloud. The power in him swelled as he realized the reality of it. It didn't take much to convince Donnie that this wasn't a dream. Victoria lay on the floor, perhaps experiencing the same thing. Donnie smiled, "Who are we supposed to kill?"

AliceMalice15
07-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Victoria could tell she wasn't technically awake. She was more in a sort of limbo. Somehwere between awake and sleep. Looking around her there was nothing but black.

'Victoria,'a voice seemed to rumble around her, 'Victoria...elp....ease...I need you...'

"What," Victoria said softly, "who are you? Why do you need me? How are you even talking to me?"

Suddenly a figure appeared in front of her. Large ram horns stood in stark contrast against pure white hair. Massive wings like that of a dragon connected at human-like shoulder blades, but the most striking thing was the figures face. It was completely humans save for the milky white eyes and the fangs that slightly protruded from his lips. Standing from where he was crouched the figure stepped forward and bowed.

'I am Tsetan,' his voice rumbled again, 'I am your summon. We haven't time. You must allow me in your mind. Please. You must....'

"H-how," Victoria stuttered, "aren't we in my mind now? How do I let you in?"

'...ocus,' he said again, '...ocus...toria....Focus.'

Victoria concentrated as hard as she could on the figure which had begun to fade. As she concentrated it seemed to grow more real. More natural. Soon it seemed more as if they were standing in a real place and they were the only two there. Soon the figure bowed again ands small smile found it's way to his face.

'Thank you,' he said, 'we are now connected. When you awaken you will be able to summon me. No matter what, even if you can't see me I will be by your side milady.'
---------------------------------

Victoria shot up from where she was lying on the floor. A summoner? Wasn't that what her grandmother would always tell her about? Looking around she saw Donnie standing by the desk. Could she have said something while she was passed out?

"Um," she said, "I... Sorry. I don't usually do that. You didn't call the hospital did you?"

Mosaic
08-04-2010, 03:43 AM
Hunter slept, how long has it been since he woke? He can't remember for the life of him. It seemed like he slept forever, yet at the same time it was as if not a day had passed. He had not woken once since he was forced in this place since he had been betrayed by the bloodline he had once served, after striking down his last master.

The air smelled odd, fresh. He stood as his body cracked and groaned in protest. He could still move easily. This place seemed to have preserved his health since he could still stand. He moved around wandering aimlessly back to the place he had found himself at when he was forced in here. Nothing but the similar landmarks he remembered from his first day. He grunted and turned back, but as he did so he looked back as a light and the symbols of those people traced themselves about the air and an opening formed. Was this? Could it be, his escape, a chance for freedom?

He ran straight for the opening and found himself encased in light, symbols and writing passing by him, and then nostalgia hit him he smelled the air of the building he was led to. He came rushing out of the glowing door at a speed that made him fly right past the researchers, he plowed right into one of them but kept moving. Freedom was his, and a familiar smell hit him, the blood. The line had continued, were they still selfish and prideful, or had the bloodline changed?

He charged out of the ruins and past more people surrounding it, he payed them no mind, none of them looked like the people who once lived here, how much time had passed while he had been stuck in there? He wasn't concerned with subtlety and sneaking past the researchers, all he was concerned about was his new found freedom and finding this new member of the bloodline. After all he didn't know if this freedom was permanent or temporary.

UberPingu
08-04-2010, 05:20 AM
"No, I didn't call 911," Donnie muttered, "That was weird as hell."

"Hell? What is hell?" Growly asked. His growls continued to rumble faintly in the back of Donnie's mind. It seemed like the creature could not stop growling, like it was just the way he breathed.

"Hell is where bad people go when they die. It's all fiery and miserable," Donnie spoke to Growly through his thoughts. "I don't really believe in it."

Growly seemed to purr in understanding, "Fire. Death. I know these things. They came from Hell. The ones who destroy."

Donnie's perception of reality was unclear. The walls rippled like water. He felt the presence of more than one Summon like many invisible eyes staring a hole through him. Without thinking, Donnie walked slowly to the door. Eventually he found his way out of the office building.

As he walked mystified down the street, he felt the urge to stay with Victoria, who was also experiencing the other dimension, but the urge to go outside was worse. Growly wanted it. Growly needed to be outside. Donnie soon discovered that it was rewarding to feed the needs of the beast inside. Growly sensed the other dimension and the other Summons as well. "We need to find others. Like the female. Like us. Strong ones." said Growly. Donnie walked past the buildings, searching with his new sense.

AliceMalice15
08-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Victoria nodded and stood up rubbing her head in confusion. When Donnie went out the door she followed him.

'Yes,' Tsetan said in her head, 'follow him. He too is a summmoner. There is strength in numbers. Go with him and find others. I believe his summon is good.'

'Oh ok,' Victoria replied meekly in her thoughts, 'but how do I know? How can you be sure?'

'You are wise for a youngling,' Tsetan chuckled, 'I was able to tell a bit about his summon when you made contact with his person. As you brought him here I could feel it's presence and it did not try to hide itself from me.'

Victoria nodded and followed Donnie outside. When he stopped on the sidewalkshe stepped up next to him.

"So," she said, "we're both summoners eh? Shall we work together then?"

UberPingu
08-04-2010, 06:37 PM
"Summoner?" Donnie kept in step with Victoria, who was moving a little slower. The bonding experience left him disoriented, but Growly's reflexes and balance compensated for his own. "Is that what we're called? How do you know anything about this?"

Suddenly Growly let out a ferocious roar. It rattled Donnie's skull, he clutched his temples and bent over in pain. "Aahh.." He groaned, "What the hell-" The roaring continued, the pain brought Donnie to his knees. The hard concrete of the sidewalk hurt. Then the noise stopped abruptly.

"What the hell was that?!" Donnie asked angrily. Growly replied, "A call. A summoning of all the summoners that are close. The birth of our army!" This excited Growly very much. Donnie felt the swell of happiness from the beastly presence in his brain. It was young and enthusiastic. After the pain ebbed away, Donnie couldn't help but smile.

Donnie went to the old brick wall where he was hanging out with Posha before and sat down, leaning his back against it. He felt his conciousness slipping. Growly encouraged him to close his eyes. "The other place. Like this one but in ruins. When you sleep, you can see it. And find the ones from Hell." So Donnie fell asleep.

CALYPSO
08-05-2010, 02:28 AM
It was her day off.

And what a perfect day to go rock climbing, she thought.

Irisa parked her car (http://img.motorpasion.com/galleries/porsche-carrera-gt-en-el-salon-de-vigo/Porsche_Carrera_GT_Vigo-3.JPG) far as possible from the entrance of the mountain trail. As she got out, she opened the door of the backseat and grabbed her equipment needed for rock climbing. It was, an overall, very hot day, but that was nothing new to her. She paced herself along the mountain trail, humming a tune to herself--the empty parking lot and the lack of people on the trail or mountain made her easily guess that she was the only one at the mountain so far. Irisa was happy for that.

Her boots made footprints as she kept going a little higher in altitude, until she found a good decent spot to climb. As she found a good area to start with, she began setting up the equipment, making sure she was secured with the cords and there was enough anchors to secure it and her weight. She pulled her long hair back into a ponytail and soon, Irisa began her journey. She hoisted herself up, leading her own path upon the mountain, her gloved hand touching the hot rock. Rock climbing, to her, was a relaxing way of releasing stress from work. It helped her ease better, it helped her dream better--she couldn't remember the last time she had those weird dreams of ugly beasts.

Higher.

She felt the warm air getting thin, the sky getting clearer, the day getting brighter. Everything about it gave her goosebumps across her bare arms and legs. Irisa put on her sunglasses as the sun was getting too much for her eyes. "Good thing I wore sunblock," she muttered to herself as she pulled herself higher. As she continued with her pace, the mountain grew darker and darker--almost turning into a midnight blue. Irisa peered up only to see no dark clouds covering her path. "Odd. Though, I don't remember climbing this side of the mountain anyway." She continued getting higher…too high for her own good, though she didn't dare look down. She was never one of those people.

Until she felt the rumbling before her. Irisa quickly latched on tight and attempted to hold still. She scowled in frustration, but luckily the rumbling wasn't strong enough to be an earthquake. The vibration surely died down and she was able to continue her merry way. Irisa saw no reason to give up that easily...

AliceMalice15
08-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Victoria was about to reply when the same roar echoed through her mind. Wincing in pain she glanced over at Donnie to see him holding hi own head. It must be his summon. When he leaned against the wall she tried to catch him but her perception was off and she missed stumbling to her hands and knees.

'Tsetan,' she said, 'what's going on? Why do I feel like I'm about to pass out?'

'...ur...ing...ernate world,' came the choppy reply, 'I...ill...ait...you.'

Victoria sank to the ground in confusion and felt her head land on something softer than she expected.

'What did I land on,' she wondered, 'could it be that boy? I hope he doesn't mind. I feel so awkward. I hope he doesn't think I'm forcing myself onhim or something. What if he does? Won't matter now....'

Victoria's last sight was of the cars passing by and people seeming to fade away. Weird.

UberPingu
08-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Donnie woke up to the smell of sulphur. He coughed once and tried to focus his eyes. When he did, he could hardly believe what he saw.

The city was gone. The land before him was crimson like blood. The earth had been scorched to nakedness and it radiated a mournful heat. It was like a great fire had passed over everything. What was left of the buildings were just shambling brick walls standing alone in waste and piles of rubble. Donnie couldn't even recognize it. The destruction was thorough. No signs of life anywhere.

Except for the heavy, living weight on his lap. Victoria lay with her head resting on his thigh, nestled in the flannel and worn denim. Donnie took off his flannel overshirt and carefully lifted Victoria's head. He shifted away and placed the flannel under her head before setting it down on the hard ground. After this uncharacteristic act of kindness, he stood and scanned his surroundings. Not much to look at... The sky and the smog were an eerie, pale orange.

Donnie spoke into the thin air, "Growly, where are you?"
"Here," came an amused response.
"Why can't I see you?"
"I AM you!" Growly exalted, "We are one! Not every pair can be one flesh. Most carry their own form. Follow their masters around. But we ARE the same flesh now. Wait for battle."

Donnie stared silently across the empty plain into the horizon that glowed with the light of a dying sun. It was like missing the apocolypse.

Growly spoke gravely, "This is your world. When the Destroyers come. My world looks like this now. Burned away. But you still have time."

"This isn't another dimension?" Donnie asked in geniune surprise. It was all too real..

"No. Just a dream. My memory is yours. Yours mine. Realization is needed. Door to 'Other Place' will open soon. But first you must see why you must kill them. They bring your doom."

Wander
08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
'Boring... Boring... Boring...'

It seemed as though taking these review classes was the biggest mistake he made. Most of the things mentioned in the class were lessons he was still familiar with and weren't hard for him to forget. 'Man, I wish there was a way I could get out of here...' He decided to look at the clock. It was 11:45. Wouldn't be long until lunch would come. 'Well, I might as well pay attention or... Maybe even distract myself just so the class could end faster...'

He took the second option, because listening to the instructor was something he got too annoyed of. He pulled out a sheet of paper and started writing all over it. Random notes, random comments, doodles, anything to keep him from boredom. But for some reason, despite the fact he was able to fill up the whole paper with doodles which made him feel like thirty minutes passed, the instructor failed to dismiss them. He checked the clock again. 11:50. 'Hmm... This day is way too dull isn't it...'

He then proceeded to the back of the paper and did the same. The amount of time he took to fill up the back felt just as long as the front, but for some reason he was STILL not dismissed. Once again, he looked... 11:51. 'What? Is that clock busted or something?' He was clearly confused at this point. He looked at his own watch. It had the same time. 'Okay... This is weird.' For once, he looked at his teacher. Was it him, or was he... Talking extremely slowly? It didn't even look like he was going to move the chalk he placed on the board at any moment. '...Man, this class is too messed up...'

It was at this point he suddenly felt extremely sleepy. 'Heh... I guess sleeping could make everything go faster.' After yawning on his seat, he proceeded to place his head on his desk sidewards, and then closed his eyes...
"Look...."
'Huh?'
"See..."
'What?'
"Hear... Listen..." A weird voice was echoing in his head. He tried to open his eyes to look around and see where the voice was coming from, but he could not. His eyes were shut tight, making him see only black.
"Danger... It is coming..."
'Who... Who is this? Who are you?'
"You must see and listen to understand..." It was then a bright light overcame his sight, and for some reason he was standing up all of a sudden.

'What... Is this?' The bright light disperses, and the next thing he knows is that he is standing on vast fields. 'Where am I?'
"This... Is where I come from..." As soon as Jett heard this voice once again, he looked around in an attempt to see if the person who was talking was anywhere near by.
"Hahaha... You can't see me... Not until later at least..."
"Who are you?"
"You will know sooner or later... But first, tell me. What do you see?"
"Stop playing games with me! Who are you?!"
"Hmm... So you're the persistent type... No matter..."

All of a sudden, a large red light came from above, and fell upon the land. Everything in front of Jett was suddenly destroyed. "What the-?!"
"Did you pay attention to your surroundings before you caught sight of that Farien?"
"Fa.... Farien?"
"That is what my people identified that comet to be... The Farien. The destruction of a world... And sadly for our case, the destruction of our dimension..." Jett started to try and remember what he saw. Strange looking people who were tending to the field along with odd animals around them. But his memory of the sight was somewhat vague as he did not pay close enough attention to them. Now those people were all dead, blood everywhere on the barren red lands.

"...Your people? So... Did you end up like them? Killed by this... Farien?"
"No... I was the only one spared." The next thing he knows, the land breaks apart under his feet, and he started to fall into the land. As he fell, he was expecting that he would crash land hard unto molten lava, as it seemed like he was falling into the core of this world. But instead, he was just brought upon a sight. A sight of a sleeping knight...

"Is that... you?"
"...Yes..."
"Wait a second... You're... YOU'RE-!"
"...Yes, I am..." Jett clearly recognized this knight, especially because of it's Lion head and the large blade he held in it's hands as it laid there. "But... You said, your world- or dimension- whatever ended... How did you survive?"
"I have to thank you for that. Or rather, your ancestors..." The place was suddenly dispersing into blackness, and slowly the blackness came towards the sleeping knight. But before it could even touch him, he suddenly turned into a bright light and shone through out the darkness.

"I am in your dept now that you have been chosen... Your ancestor summoned me a long time ago, and after him, another summoner was chosen, and after that one another. And now that I have awoken once more, it is your turn to use me... You are my current summoner... And your duty is to fight others like me, but without masters"
"But... Why?"
"Did you not see what happened to my world? It is a sign of what is to come to yours if you do not take heed of my words. These summons without masters are those who refuse your kind. They will do anything to destroy your world, just as how theirs was."
Jett at this point was silent. He was trying to process everything. It was not long though until he reached out to the light in front of him, held unto it and inserted it into his chest...

"You are taking the right choice..."

------

His eyes finally opened. His head was flat on a surface, sidewards as how he left it. Though the only difference in his position was that he was no longer sitting in front of a desk. Instead, he was completely laying down on the ground. He stood up and tried to take note of his surroundings... It was just like his classroom... Though the roof was completely ripped off, and the chairs were thrown aside, leaving the floor free from anything except himself. "What... What happened?! Wait... Those summons... They must have done this! ...Thank goodness they decided to destroy this first before anything else."

He stepped out of his position and looked outside his school. All the buildings were in destruction, and most of them already have collapsed. The next thing he knows, he hears a scream near by. He turns to his right, and sees an odd creature gnawing on the neck of a girl. Jett looked in disgust at the sight. Once the creature stood up, the girl suddenly dispersed into tiny particles and disappeared from sight. "What the hell-" Saying this immediately alerted the creature, and it had started to rush towards him. Jett stood there in shock. He wanted to move, but he just could not. The creature lunged towards him, and he couldn't help but jerk backwards and close his eyes while shielding his face with his arms...

After that, no pressure was placed on him. He was expecting the creature to have pinned him down by now, but instead nothing. He looked; a large armored man stood in front of him. It caught the creature by the head before it could even touch him. It was trashing in the man's hand, trying to release itself from his grip. The man then held on it's neck with his other hand. "I'm sorry, but this is what you get for what you've done..." The creature's head was then ripped off it's body, and immediately it stopped moving. Just like the girl, it dispersed into particles and disappeared completely into the air. Jett looked up at the man, recognizing him from a while ago. The man turned to him and went on one knee in front of him. Holding out his large hand, he looked at Jett with assurance.

"My name is Retsu (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/218/6/8/Retsu_Redux_by_Dante123ICanBeAnyone.jpg)... Welcome to the summoner's dimension, kid..."

AliceMalice15
08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Victoria woke up a few moments after Donnie and sat up sleepily. Looking around she saw the same baren landscape and the same dying sun. Standin up she walked past Donnie and stared at the scene before her.

"It's real," she whispered, "all of it was real. The stories. The creatures. The worlds. I always thought they were just stories, but they were real...once. That's what grandma was always trying to tell me. I was to young and naive to realize it though."

"This is what became of all summons worlds," Tsetan said appearing behind them both, "the destroyers came and everything was lost. We are all the last of our kind and-"

"You were saved by the summoners," Victoria finished, "which bound you to them forever. Eternal servitude to their bloodlines as thanks to them for sparing you. I know."

DCLXVI
08-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Beasts of every variety shuttered in and out of sight, or perhaps in and out of existence, Skoteinomystiko would never truly know.

"You," one of them said to Skote, "Dragon. You going to stay here forever, are you?" It grinned, then flickered away. Many around it payed Skote no mind, in their rush to escape.

The dragon did not want to stay in the dark, barren prison, yet he did not want to venture out into the world that was not his own. His own world was where he belonged. The northern dragons, Skote's brethren, called it "Atich'aska," which meant "land that breathes fire" in their language, and it could also mean "land of the dragons." Skote had not seen a single dragon like himself since he arrived at this strange place, many years ago.

He sighed, and began to flicker. Skote knew there was no hope for him here; the creatures that had brought him here were outside the void. Summoners, they called themselves. Although he himself was no longer bound to serve these creatures, he could still communicate with them. Perhaps, if they could summon him to their own alien world, they could also send him back home.

Imogen realized she was getting a headache and turned on her desk lamp, alleviating the sharp contrast between her computer and her dark bedroom. She yawned and continued to read part of her friend's blog. Rachel had insisted Imogen read it, and had been bugging her about it for nearly a week now, but she was a poor author, and Imogen could barely concentrate long enough to finish a paragraph.

She stretched, yawned, and leaned back in her chair. Thinking about nothing, Imogen began to stare out the window, wishing Rachel's story were more gripping. There was a woman walking along the dark street just out the window, who appeared to be lost. Imogen watched her as she leaned up against a ornamental tree, hit her head on the branches, then slouched and glared up at them.

After a few moments, Imogen realized that the woman was gigantic. Imogen continued to stare at her until she turned abruptly, saw that she was being watched, and disappeared. Imogen rubbed her eyes. There was nobody there. She shook her head, took a sip of her soda, and rubbed her glasses. There was still nobody there.

"Kathryn?" she called to her sister, who was upstairs in her bedroom. Imogen realized she was most likely listening to music and IM'd her instead.

Immy: kathryn
Kat: what?
Immy: I just saw a thing outside
like a person but massive
Kat: like how massive?
Immy: iono, maybe 10 feet tall
as tall as the tree
Kat: stop drinking soda so late at night
Immy: I'm not hallucinatign kat I sa wit
Kat: you're typoing
Immy: not illegal is it?
Kat: you're tired
you're seeing things
go to bed

Imogen glared at her computer again, then walked up the stairs. Sure enough, once she got halfway up them she could hear what was unmistakably some-letter-of-the-alphabet-pop coming from her sister's bedroom. She opened the door sporting a star that read "Kathryn's Room."

Kathryn was singing along to a song in a language she didn't understand, barely hitting the high notes, despite the fact that the singer was a man. Imogen yawned.

"See?" Kathryn said, yawning herself, "You're tired."
"Listen, I don't know what you know about hallucinations," Imogen retorted, "But I'm pretty sure you don't see ten-foot-tall people come and lean up against trees, look around, see you, and disappear."
"You see whatever 'shrooms or LSD or whatever wants you to see."

Imogen sighed. She walked over to the open window and stared down at the tree, illuminated on one side by the light she had left on in the room below, on the other by a streetlight. A cool breeze floated in, carrying the sounds of a million cicadas.

On the other side of the building, away from windows, Mazzicks contemplated going back. That girl had been the first person that she had noticed noticing her, which made Mazzicks think that perhaps she wasn't entirely invisible. She had already tried talking to people directly, and she was usually ignored. The girl, Mazzicks reasoned, must be a distant relative of the family that had originally summoned her.

Mosaic
08-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Hunter had run around the Island looking, things had changed and time had definitely passed but there still seemed to be no way off except to swim. That however was no option since he did not get along with water at all. He had to find a way to reach the new branch in the bloodline. He would rather have a partner but he would not side with anyone in the bloodline if they had not changed. He had run past the people in the camp back by the temple, still dumbfounded by his rushing appearance out of the temple tunnels. However it seemed like they couldn't see him, perhaps his body had returned to the realm but his mind remained. How much longer would his mind stay here.

The time seemed to be passing with the movement of the sun, and he felt himself slipping, a pulling at his whole being. It was just as last time, he was being pulled back. Not yet, I'll find this one. I won't leave until I can judge the blood. He closed his eyes to calm himself judging if he should try to swim for it, however in moments the smell of the air seemed to have shifted. The air became cooler and windier, he remembered the feel beneath him, stone. He opened his eyes looking down the rock face of a small mountain.

He looked down and saw the frame of a woman climbing the face of the mountain. The smell was thicker here, this was her, a female? A woman was the next in line to fight by him? She seemed slender yet capable, she was strong enough to climb this high, maybe fitting to fight by his side. He stayed where he was to see what happened to weigh his options as to whether to give her a chance for being a woman, or to let his opinion of the bloodline judge the fate of the partnership.

CALYPSO
08-07-2010, 06:44 AM
As Irisa climbed, little rocks had fallen by her (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtEV8tZq12I), which made her quickly look up to see if anything was there, yet nothing was there. Irisa continued, the mountain was never extremely high to begin with. So what was a challenge to her at first, became simple to her. She just needed to do something and get out of the mansion. Irisa unhooked the cords that secured her and let them fall on the ground; she walked up to the giant rock that sat near the edge and sat on it, letting her feet dangle in the air.

She stared at the view of her city and grinned at the beauty of it all. "If not for your cowardice, I wouldn't have gone this far," she snickered. "Thank you, old man." She made herself comfortable by undoing the ponytail and letting her hair free, the cool wind blowing it in all directions. She took off her sunglasses, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the strain from the sunlight. As she peered up at the view again, her city was now a dark barren wasteland of magma and obsidian rock. "Huh?" The mountain she climbed was a lot higher in altitude, with many rocks and ledges piercing out of the mountain. She stood up from the rock she once sat and turned around to see two large beasts fighting before her. One was smaller and fiercely agile compared to the larger one. She tried to scream in fear, but nothing came out from her voice. Instead she stood there watching the battle take place.

The mountain shook in anger as the beasts roared and fought with each other. The bigger beast, with skin made of red rock, threw the smaller one towards Irisa. Finally snapping out of her daze, she quickly jumped out of the way, watching where she landed. She was by the edge, but far enough that one of the beasts didn't notice her (or at least she hoped). The rock beast that was thrown over, easily jumped right back up before it fell to oblivion. It raised two large tentacles that were glowing a deep purple at the tip and hissed at its target as if provoking it. The red colossal dashed towards him and before it attacked, he jumped on it's chest and the two tentacles easily stabbed his enemy in the neck, injecting poison for an instant kill.

Irisa was amazed to see something smaller in size take down a beast twice it's size. The beast roared in victory, which caused her to shake up and bury her head in her arms. Hunter grabbed the dead beast by it's neck and dragged it over to the edge of the cliff. Irisa slowly peered up to see both beasts right in front of her; Hunter firmly grasped the monster and threw it over the cliff. He got on all fours and walked away from Irisa. She quirked a brow, wondering if this beast saw her at all or not. She slowly and cautiously got up, "Uh…hello? Are you real?" Hunter turned around and made a sprint towards Irisa. Frozen in place, she only used her arms to shield her face. Hunter made a high jump, ready to attack from above, only for him to flicker and disappear. Irisa waited to be mauled to death, yet when she felt nothing she looked up to see the view of her city.

She quickly looked at her surroundings dumbfounded, expecting to see something strike at her. "You've got to be fucking kidding me," she grumbled.

UberPingu
08-07-2010, 07:40 AM
A low, underground rumble snapped Donnie out of his thoughtful trance. The ground shook with increasing intensity, until it was difficult to stand. Donnie braced himself, struggling to maintain balance. Suddenly, the earthquake stopped.

"Open.. We are here. No longer a memory. But a reality. Welcome to the Other Place," growled Growly ominously.

"Wait, what?" Donnie touched the dirt on the ground and felt it between his fingers, "That's it? We're in another dimension now? How is that possible?"

"No more time to wait. Battle begins now!" A roar. A ferocious battle-cry forced itself out of Donnie's throat. His eyes widened in surprise as Growly seemed to take over his lungs and vocal chords. "What.. in the..f.." Donnie touched his throat in supressed horror, but tried to keep control.

The earth shoke again as if provoked by Growly's taunt. A huge, fiery serpent-like creature erupted from the rocky ground; its head was that of an ugly dog. The fangs were gnarled, curled and sharp, jutting out of its powerful jaws in every direction. It hissed and screeched at the sight of Donnie and Victoria, gnashing it's teeth hungrily.

"The door is open. Evil is upon your world. Fight among its ruins in this existence to save it from becoming reality."

Donnie shook his head, his gaze distant, "This is crazy... but ok."

Mosaic
08-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Hunter watched on with her initial reactions, unsure to what was going on with her. Just as he was about to think her insane, the settings changed for him as well. He was, he was home? He looked around and saw himself, no not home, a memory. He was fighting one of his clan members who had blamed him for the death of his sibling in one of the battles at the clan lines. She was not seeing all the fight, just the end of it. He remembered it well, he had allowed himself to be chased up this mountain, all while the mountain itself shifted higher, and grew more jagged. Their world was already dying at this point, warring with itself and its people.

Mother Terra, why do you still haunt me of those days. he thought to himself. He watched the fight to the end, he remembered how proud he felt after stunning his body with the toxins and then dragging the body over the edge, smashing against the jagged face, and then running back to see it fall into the running red earth.

"Uhm hello, are you real?" he heard her call out, and she flinched as he saw himself run back to see the body fall, swallowed by Mother Terra.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me."

He felt different for a moment, he couldn't explain it but he felt whole again. He felt wind against his body again, the other world didn't have a full grasp on him apparently, at least not yet. Who knew how long this would last this time.

He crept up behind her, standing on his hind legs and walking forward silently, standing nearly eleven feet in height. When he was right behind her he settled down on all fours, now slightly larger than a horse by comparison. He used what knowledge he had of her bloodline to remember how he spoke to them. He tried anyways. "I'm as real as life itself, if you turn to see."

She turned around and gave a very large and shocked jump as she fell to the side of the rock she was on. "W-what are you?!"
"Varenal, the creature you just saw. You however may call me Hunter."
"Get away from me."
"That's just the thing. I've found you, I'm not leaving until you come with me."
"Like hell I am, I'm not high and I don't do drugs so I shouldn't be seeing things like you. You've got to be some sort of an illusion, that's right I've been overworking myself!"
Hunter grimaced at her statement and moved forward scooping her up in his right foreclaw and held her over the edge of the mountain cliff. "Does this look or feel like an illusion to you, or do you want to accept that I am real for the time being."
She went wide eyed as she saw the ground so far beneath her and started to kick and swing, punching his claws. "Ok ok, put me down put me down on the ground!" As he pulled her back and put her down his physical body vanished again.
"What the crap!"
"I'm still here in a sense, that's why I need you, or I'm trapped with no one."

CALYPSO
08-07-2010, 08:03 PM
She sat back down near the rock, her heart pumping faster than normal. "Perhaps I should have listen to my therapist and taken some medication for this," Irisa mumbled rubbing her forehead. "Ugh! What do you want from me then?!" She spoke in anger.

"To be my partner." he said plainly and matter-of-factly before Irisa objected, he continued. "You are part of a very specific bloodline that I paired with. The details are too much to explain now, but simply after who knows how many generations, you are the next in the bloodline for me to partner with. You don't seem to be the backstabbing type at least, which is why I wish to partner with you. To see if the blood has changed."

Irisa raised an eyebrow in confusion. 'Is that why my father my left? Because I am part of a different bloodline? Did he…fear me?' So many thoughts wondered into her head. 'No matter, he's dead anyway.' She looked around to see if Hunter was around, but he was not. "Very well!" She stood up and placed her hands on her hips, "I suppose I shall be your partner. You may be prove useful at my job by taking out my coworkers that lack initiative," she snickered.

Mosaic
08-07-2010, 08:49 PM
"Then we have an agreement. You shall be my partner, and I your guardian. Maybe I shall one day help you with what you need me here for, if you see this place again." he said, after the agreement was made Irisa felt a stabbing sensation in the back of her head, like something forcing its way in.

"What do you mean see this..." she yawned, "Why am I so, aaawwwwhhh, tired." her vision began to blur and she collapsed there on the mountaintop. Her mind, spirit, soul, whatever you desired to call it had been removed from this existence and taken to the other realm with Hunter.

AliceMalice15
08-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Victoria stood frozen in fear before the huge dog headed serpent. When Tsetan realized she would not be able to command him due to fear he reacted of his own accord to ensure her saftey. Changing it to his own more firer form he erected a protective barrier around her. Seconds later the serpents tail lashed out striking the barrier. It's attack did not shatter the barrier, but it would not hold up for long under a continuous onslaught.

"Victoria," Tsetan called, "you must command me. The element of fire is yours to command as you wish."

Victoria snapped out of it and shook her head instantly clearing her mind of all thoughts and emotions. Just as she'd been taught she assesed the situation in seconds and began ploting how best to handle it.

"Snakes can't live if you Take off their head, and dogs get distracted by things on their noses. Hey kid if your summon attacks the nose we can slip behind it and severe it head at the base of it's neck."

UberPingu
08-08-2010, 06:07 AM
"Uh..." Donnie concentrated, but quickly realized he didn't know what the hell he was doing. "How do I...?"

Growly's grating laughter echoed in his mind, and he felt a surge of power and adrenaline enter his veins and muscles. "I am you! We command the same body."

Vicious growls escaped through Donnie's clenched teeth, as his nose and mouth elongated and fangs formed in his mouth. His ears grew pointed and migrated to the top of his head. Sleek black fur gradually covered his entire body. The muscles and bones in his legs cracked and snapped eeriely as they changed shape and shifted position. The force of the transformation brought him down on all fours and caused him to pant heavily through the endless growling. Another pair of legs grew from his ribs, making six claw-tipped limbs in all. A long, lashing tail sprouted next. Finally, two writhing spike-tipped tentacles erupted from his shoulders.

Donnie opened his green glowing eyes. Everything was sharp in contrast, shadows and light. The dog-serpent towered above him, but Growly/Donnie was unafraid. The summoner bunched up his powerful hindlegs and pounced nearly twenty feet into the air. Nearly missing the dog-serpent's snout, Growly instinctively reached out with both front claws extended and dug them deep into the enemy's skin.

The beast screeched in horrible pain and shook violently, trying to shake its attacker off. Growly held on, hooking four claws into the sensitive skin on the beast's nose. "I'm on it, Victoria!" Donnie said telepathically.

AliceMalice15
08-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Victoria nodded and motioned for Tsetan to attack the beast. Tsetan nodded and charged up a huge amount of fire turning it into a rough kind of laser. Then he ran up to the beast and lept on to it just behind where it's head connected to its body and drove the laser into the base of its neck quickly severing the head. The body shuddered and fell limply to the ground, but the head continued to move and thrash.

"What the," Victoria gasped, "how is that possible?!"