PDA

View Full Version : [R] R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B (For now.)

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:13 PM
A Roleplay By link99912:

[R] is for [R]some, sense we're all racist towards stake sauce.

As for the real reason-

It is completely possible, and, I want to stress, most likely, that this RP will be filled with drugs, sex, swear words, and other magical stuff we like to sprinkle on cupcakes. In this analogy, I mean to say that the RP's are cupcakes, you're all chefs, and you're all consumers. Get sprinkling.

For the less sunny reason:

The RP is going to have-

Sexual Moments
Drugs
Language

Thank you for your time.

And that covers part 1, I normally would not illustrate this, but just for the sake of being pretty...

R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B
or Rissspicb for short.

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:13 PM
link99912:

[*I]ntro(duction)

This is the intro, so to speak. It's not the actual story. The actual story, or whatever comes out, will be below in the first "s" section. I just made dinner, so if you don't see a large progression the thread for the next few post, that is... Tough. Although I will be working on it... While I'm sick... And eating dinner. Yes, but you can rush me. Of course. http://209.85.48.22/9054/103/0/e5001030/e5001030.gif

Also, sense I may not have the story up right away, the RP is going to have some school in it... Maybe some form of anthropoid pets... Hmm... Hell, it's going to be magical. Make some suggestions via... Oh wait, you can't post yet... Well, I may have to fix that some how, I suggest mainly that you PM me until the thread is up, or wait for the OOC to be done... Which... Does have some flaws, doesn't it?

We could use a title too...

R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:16 PM
link99912:

[*S]tory

We've all got our problems. Mine are just worse than yours.Someone should have warned you before you were born that life was going to be tough. As it turns out, you're obligated to learn that your self.

A path that is laden with treasure is more often then not equivalent in traps. It's to say that life has it's glories, and it's downfalls. It's much less like a single passage, and much more like a mine field. If life was only about living, then we'd all wait at the fields outskirts in safety, and wait like a flock for the inevitable slaughter. Instead of this, a rather depressing existence, most people choose to be pioneers. It's not to say that some people will wish that they had never gone out in the first place, or to say that even if they hadn't gone at all, they still wouldn't tripped a stay mine somewhere out on the fields edges, but instead to say that life is not for staying alive, but doing what we can with what time we have.

The world is not so kind as to give everyone a fair chance. Some of start are paths with disadvantages, or aren't given the choice of weather or not they're going to stumble blindly on to a mind, instead influenced by others into a devastating obstacle. People like you, for instance.

Welcome isn't the word that anyone would describe your arrival. It's not that everyone wasn't friendly, or the place didn't give off the normal radiant glow, it was the inner darkness that was churning you into a despair. It's completely possible that you could feel good about your arrival, however, it's just difficult. It feels like your stepping into something you didn't want, something that wasn't fair. You didn't chose your own path, so why do you have to deal with the consequences? It just turns out that this is life. The problems may not have been caused by you, but with no one else to lay claim to them, they're yours.

But welcome is what you make of it. Some one there to greet you perhaps, and at least you've got plenty of that. Weather you find it "welcoming" or not, you're here, and you're here to stay. It's possible that it the incident happened recently, maybe you were born they way, and have been going all along. To the new people however, it can be quite intimidating.

Some people describe it as having your life turned into a form of mock trial, instead of pretending to be contributes to a court case, you're all just pretending to be normal. Like everyone pretends it's all real, but when you step back and look at it all seems so fake. There's a down of dwarfs in china, but even they do it almost all for show; so what's a school of freaks but the same?

It's arguable that the elephant in the room is a matter of perception. What's normal in a world of insanity? Anything having normality is just it's ability to be accepted by the biased opinion of the general community. Even then, it's not hard to say that you're normal, and everyone else is just weird. That's how the world, the universe, everything works. It's a matter of perception. So are you a freak? Is the elephant not really just a person? Or is it that the elephant in the room is just as normal as a person? It's for everyone to decide.

You're here now anyway, weather or not you stand out, you still fit in. Everyone is here for a reason, it's because they've got something that makes them a little bit different. Or a lot different, once again, opinion based. It's not really a bad thing. It's not a particular good thing. It's supposed to be the normal thing, or as close to normal as you can find it. It's a school. That's a good start.

More specifically, it's a school for people who play the game of life with a handicap. It's hard to generalize what a handicap is considered, there's a lot of things that can go wrong with some one, and just about everyone of someone is here. Some times you'll find a person and suddenly realize you're happy you're not them, that you're problem is just a minuscule difficulty compared to theirs. But who but each other of you can decide what is more debilitating then any other thing? Someone without arms could look on to some one without legs, and be glad they've got what limbs they have. That's because it's all a matter of perception, sorting it all out can be complicated though.

A disability doesn't really mean some one has to be slow, or lacking limbs. It could be anything really. Being blind, having a heart condition, what ever the reason, you're best suited here. It's a place of healing in some cases, human companionship can be better then a hospital. A little bit of love may not heal your wounds, but at least you'll die happy.

Humans are very adaptable. While we lack the ability to grow a thick fur if we live in the cold, we make up for in our ability to adapt to challenge. When it was cold, we made a fire. When it was dark, we made a light. When we were at war, we made guns... And when we were desperate, we created devastation. Our amazing ability, the one that brought us to the top of the food chain, is that we refuse to die, and we refuse to lose. We've managed to accomplish things in the past that baffle us even today. We created the nuclear bomb before the microwave oven existed, they both could bake.

Maybe adapting to a new school isn't precisely the magnitude of making a weapon of mass destruction in a scenario of desperation, but in terms, it uses the same method. In this point, I bring out the fact that even under suppressive circumstances the human mind tries to bring out a level of normality that it can follow, and does it's best to adapt.

We can't live without companionship. We're one of the most socially dependent creatures on Earth. Without friends, some humans even find their lives not worth living. In contrast, we can never live with everyone. Humans need to hate, to be angry, to have rivals. Even under these circumstances a course of routine and normality is still established. Students make friends. Friends form groups. Students make enemies, enemies have groups. Groups over lap each other, sharing common ground, a social etiquette is formed, and everything seems to flow as it would normally.

It may be impossible to rid ourselves entirely of simple vanities, to overlook faults in others, because it is our nature. Would it even be a good thing? Eventually finding all the things wrong around you as normal? Many people find this as a chilling thought, adapting to something to the point where it becomes normal, where they don't even care anymore.

But is that really how it is? Does someone really have to not care about something to adapt to it? Or does adapting to something simply mean that you've come to terms with it. The ability to accept others is a life skill that very few humans can master. People look upon those they do not even know with scorn, simply because they are different. It's hard for humans to look over imperfections, but, if it was possible, then does it really have to be a bad thing?

It's time to move on. The school year is starting. What is in the past has happened, and only the branches of the future are possible to change. Your life may seem like a straight line, but it has far too many possibilities to be linear. With everything always being possible with a particular string of events at any given time in ones life, then all means of becoming successful our always available, up to the very point that you die.

The school is unique in ways other then the people who attend it. The building it self has odd quirks, good and bad, or maybe all bad, or maybe all good. What one considers to be good is a matter of opinion, and nothing can be decisively bad. It's class schedules are flexible, what can be missed can be re-accomplished, and failures erased. It represents the ventures of humans in search of a way to help others achieve what the world would normally not allow them.

It means to serve as not an apology, but a word of good will. Many people sacrifice to create an environment where students who have disadvantages maintain the same equality in their education and future that any other hard working student would achieve. It is not a hand out, it is an opportunity. This is something that is hard for many new people to accept, the idea that something that is trying to be as good as normal is an opportunity. Where is the justice in that? That one persons opportunity is another persons adequate? The easiest answer is that it's exactly what it is; an opportunity for you. Anything normal is as much an opportunity to someone else as this is to you, just thought of differently.

With a twenty four hour nursing staff it's hard to realize the school as a normal place to learn. Normal, again, is the word. A hospital is located just a ways down the road to occupy more serious incidents that may occur at the school. The whole goal is to give everyone the same chance anyone else has. This doesn't mean everyone there is going to be blind or deaf, even though some are, some of them just can't stay in a normal school environment, they need to be near somewhere they can go to in case of an emergency. It is this is what cause some to disdain the school, feeling that a flow of normality comes from the ability to live without aid. It's hard to recognize what exactly normality is, so it's no use blaming anyone for believing something is abnormal. It's just hoped that they quickly learn the difference from their normal and every others.

Putting the feeling of being in a semi-surreal environment and the apparently imitate hospitalization of one or more of the students population behind, the school has things that are causally considered good. The environment is particularly relaxing, quiet, and not too many people are in any sort of rush. Inside is a continuously expanding library funded mainly by the lone librarian and what little more the school and siphon out of it's budget.

There's a pet shop on the first floor, supposedly serving as a way for the students to get some sort of therapeutic companion. It's most likely that inside you'll find dogs of the smaller variety, however it's not very hard to order one of the larger ones if you're interested. Although rare, considering they can't just be kept in cages like the common variety animals, anthropoid animals are also for sale. The school had decided against it until recently, being that they considered the stress of having to deal with something that had semi human needs was something that the students did not need; however, they found that having some one they could have a conversation with that was loyal to the point of jumping off a bridge with bricks tied to their appendages if it would make their parrying owners giggle. It was one of the moor touchy subjects, but eventually considered to have more good then bad.

The school has a block schedule, four classes about an hour and a half long. In the middle of the day was lunch, the middle was around 11:30. It was a bit early, but many welcome to the quick break. Lunch occupies thirty minutes of the day, and then they're back to their third period class. Over all, school extends from 7:00 to 2:00, and however long you plan on sticking around afterward. Most students find they're quickly absorbed by the school, spending exceedingly great times in school activities. Something about living there did that to them, what else was there to do anyway?

Boredom was something that was often combated. Students didn't have to stay on campus, they were allowed to stray all over the town if they wanted, so long as they weren't caught after 1:00 am. The time seemed late for most, but the teachers found that it gave the students less urges to break the rules and stay out late that night. The literal thing they told them at the orientation assembly was this, "If you're going to break the rules, don't get caught." It sounded like an open invention, but it wasn't very hard to get caught. Some students were assimilated by the teachers to help them out with things like this, asking them if they saw said person come in last night, or if they knew if they were doing something they were supposed to be. Although it may not seem it, they all take their jobs very seriously. The lenience is simply a method of balancing out freedom and regulation. What is lost in one is taken up by the other. It can't be perfectly balanced, but they try their best.

Welcome to school, welcome home, welcome back.

R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:17 PM
link99912:

[*S]ummary (Yes, you have to read the story.)

You're going to a school for the disabled, or people who may need treatment or help in everyday life. It is not to say that the students are dependent on the staff of the school, more that it either makes it easier or safer for them. People who go here consist of those with any variety of disabilities. Blindness, deafness, heart conditions, extreme social disabilities (for instance, being extremely shy, panicking from the very least of social contact), extensive phobias or mental obstacles that do not have to pertain to slowness or inability to comprehend.

It has a twenty-four hour nursing staff that mainly consist of a night and day nurse, along with a hot line to the hospital for immediate response in case anything serious happens. Most situations can be handled within the school, however it's possible that say, if some one where to go into cardiac arrest, that need be they spend some time in the hospital.

Other then that it's almost completely a normal school. It's a boarding school as well, rooms are linked together but not shared, girls have odd numbered rooms, which exist in separate hallways, and boys have equal numbered rooms. Some things are assigned however, such as, if some one were to be deaf and mute, they'd have a translator their that would do all the translating to sign language and such. If some one was blind, they don't necessarily need some one to lead them around the school (actually, this is looked down upon by the staff, sense they do need to learn to cope with their problems), but will be supplied brain or audio assignment in place of normal text books. More likely however they will receive some one to help them read, and they'll do the rest their self. Those of course are just examples.

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:19 PM
link99912:

[*S]keletons
Student Skeleton

Student-

Forum Name:
Character Name:
Sexuality:
Disability:
Classes you take:
Picture: (No, it doesn't really have to match any disabilities, I'm not too picky. Try anime though, I don't have real pictures, and I don't want to start crossing them ya know... It gets all... Hard to imagine.)
History: (A bit of why you're here, not the whole life story... Unless you want to put the life story in, sure, why not :D)
Other:

Anthropoid Animal Skeleton

Anthropoid Animal-

Forum Name:
Character Name:
Race:
Sexuality:
Picture:
History: (If any)
Other:

Teacher Skeleton

Teacher-

Forum Name:
Character Name:
Sexuality:
Picture:
Classes you teach:
History:
Other:

Go fucking nuts.

R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:20 PM
link99912:

[P]rofiles
SoulSeer's Profile - Student

Forum Name: SoulSeer
Character Name: Raymond Smith
Sex: male
Sexuality: Straight

Disability: Autism. He has difficulty with communication, and a hard time understanding written and spoken language. Still he is very smart in some ways. He takes advanced classes, but his teachers have to make him customized study guides because he can hardly understand the language in textbooks, or the teachers while they lecture. Raymond doesn't get much out of attending classes, and if he had his way he'd stay in his room all day and study alone, but his teachers encourage him to attend class in an attempt to overcome his disability instead of giving into it.

He sometimes has trouble recognizing faces, and telling one person from another, although some people he can easily recognize (his parents for instance), and those are the people he tends to be attached to.

Classes you take: Trigonmetry, College Biology, English, Robotics

Picture: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6459423524/6459403897/PROFILE/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/03/30/brownhairbook.jpg

Although he wouldn't dress that way. He always wears his school uniform, even in the rare occasions that he leaves campus

History: When in normal public school he was in special education, which treated all the children, no matter their disability, the same. As if they were stupid. Raymond's parents thought that this situation was the best for him, but one day a math teacher at his middle school realized that Raymond was better at math than any other student his age, and it was that teacher who got him accepted into the special needs school.

Likes: Things in proper order, and his parents visiting him.

Dislikes: Change. Even small changes in things around him upset him and he will try to put them back the way they were. He generally dislikes being around people he doesn't recognize, but he's learned to put up with it.

Other: He likes to read the Chronicles of Narnia. Most of the language is straight forward enough for him to understand. He has all the Narnia books in one volume and its the only book he ever carries in his backpack.

He has an interest in anthripods but he's always been afraid to buy one.

Dodoced's Profile - Student

Forum Name: Dodoced
Character Name: Alice Willem
Sex: Female
Disability: Extremely Shy, doesn't dare to speak to alot of people, and usually responds(if she does ever) with nodding. She doesn't speak much unless she knows the person and trust them, or is in a situation she really has to. Often when spoken to she is too afraid to answer or move away, so she just stands still for most of the time, looking at the person speaking to her.
Classes you take: Math, English, Social Studies
Picture: http://64digits.com/users/Dodoced/nluhhh.jpg I think you said that anime pictures were allowed, so I thought I could pick one, else just tell me to change to another :P All the anime pics are really posy aswell >.<
History: Alice wasn't doing very well in school, and seeming to skip alot of classes and actually run away somewhere else to be alone. She was then moved to the special needs school because of her being so shy and asocial.
Dislikes: Strangers, talking, classes.
Other: She often lies on her own bed for herself, glaring into the wall. Usually thinking of people she have met, things that have happened. She rarely eats or drink much, afraid of seeming to greedy and usually leaves herself hungry and thirsty sometimes. It happens sometimes that she goes out to the town to sit somewhere alone.

Link's Profile - Students

Student-

Forum Name: Link99912
Character Name: Danny Stafford
Sex: Male
Disability: Danny suffers from a arrhythmia, where he often is over alert of his heart beat. If his heart becomes excessively stressed it risk missing a beat, fluttering for a moment and normally rendering him temporarily unconscious. Although athletics are not entirely restricted, hes advised not to go for high intensity activity, such as sprinting. He has too pill cocktails on a daily bases, one in the morning when he wakes up, and one for later at night, before he goes to sleep. He finds it troubling to remember weather or not he took them all, and missing just one could prove very dangerous. When his heart begins to falter he can vividly hear it, the sound like deaths drums beckoning him to the darkness.
Classes you take: Physics Honors, Calculus, Modern Affairs Honors, Computer Science.
Picture: http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t221/link99912/cef93928.jpg
History: After suffering his first heart attack and remaining in the hospital for some six months, he finally had what was considered his opportunity to return to school. The school was going to be this one, which, he was not very easy to admit was anything more then a glorified step down from what he was at before. He'd come to terms with this later, but for the time being he was bitter and resentful. The first heart attack he had came after an accident in school. Some one had dropped their books in front of him as he and everyone alike were rushing to get out, he stepped on one and tripped forward, tumbling down the stairs and landing crumpled on the ground. At first no one stopped, but soon a small crowd had gathered around him. The nurse was called, and the emergency defibrillator managed to keep his heart beating for the small while it took the emergency vehicles to arrive. Although he was alive, he showed no signs of waking up. Over the next two weeks he was left in a coma. The heart attack was actually not inspired by the trip down the stairs, but instead the rush of a adrenaline which had pushed his heart to beat faster. The exhilarating feeling from the fall had only served to amplify this effect, causing his heart to flutter and eventually give in to cardiac arrest. The next few months consisted of regulation and rehabilitation, mostly just sitting around and waiting for whatever it was to be over. He felt fine, but apparently there was still something wrong with him. He eventually stopped watching television, the same shows were on over and over again when you had to watch it all day. He resorted to books, which always had something new and them. He'd have a small stack of them sitting next to his hospital bed, and he'd sit there and read the days away. Books took longer to read, and were never repeats, so it was a much better way to occupy his time.

During his stay his track of the days had slipped. One day became another, and another, and another. He began thinking of a day as when the sun was up, and as night when it wasn't. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, none of those had meaning to him anymore, it was just one period of time, followed by another. Reality seemed to slip away, he became some what bitter and stir crazy, crying occasionally when he'd least expect it, eventually that passed.

One day they came in and told him that they thought he was ready. It still took a two weeks to get all the medical supplies stable and ready, but afterward he was free to go; or, as free as he could be, under his condition.
Likes: He enjoys reading to the point where it surprises him. He enjoys science, cosmology (the study of space, not cosmetology), and physics. He doesn't have a favorite color, but he likes to star gaze, and occasionally stare aimlessly at the moon. He also enjoys conversation of philosophy when they occur.
Dislikes: Having to exercise, although he does it grudgingly, knowing that it's the best way to help his condition. He's pretty easy going. He dislikes having to get up early in the morning.
Other:

Sugarholic's Profile - Student

Student-

Forum Name: Sugarholic
Character Name: Alexi Lobb
Sexuality: Straight, though could be convinced to try something different...
Disability: Psychosomatic- she literally lives in her own world, sometimes finding it hard to distinguish her fantasy from the reality she lives in. Also has an extreme phobia of birds.
Classes you take: College Biology Honours, Latin 1/2, History Honours, Computer Science.
Picture: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/sugarholic/Anime/windowseat.jpg
History: Alexi has always had a tendacy to daydream, write terrific stories and talk to herself in such a way that you would be convinced that there really were other people around. Her teachers and her parents could tell that she was bright, as when she was in the real world her grades were top notch but when she was in fantasy land everything dropped. A psycologist was hunted down and she was diagnosed after being told to keep a diary- this diary kept more track of her fantasy life than her real one and she was reffered to this school where she is being coached in how to keep her worlds seperate, along with gaining her education.
Likes: Sweet things, cheese, vodka/alcohol- it makes her trasition into fantasy easier.
Dislikes:BIRDS- did I mention she's phobic of them? brussel sprouts/green vege, the colour orange and small children.
Other:

Kio's Profile (Incomplete- WIP) - Teacher

Forum Name:
Kio
Character Name:
Kio Liengod
Sex:
Male
Sexuality:
Straight
Picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/Xshadowfox64x/anime-boy--large-msg-119479397947.jpg

Classes you teach:
Drama and US History
History:
Kio Liengod left home at the age of 17 to go to Broadway, unfortunately, he was quickly pulled into a world that didn't really want him. He managed to get the occasional paying job at small theaters and that had been his only source of income until he got the job at the school. He hoped that soon enough he would be discovered, but manages to separate his aspirations from his job. Recently, he managed to get into the US History position as well, when the last teacher was fired.
Acting, dramatics, history, Learning about old Wars, and food. Woman too.
Dislikes:
War, downers, drugs, over dramatics, and disrespectful people.
Other:
Calculated and smart, he's knows how to get what he wants and when he wants it. Due to his incredible acting ability, people are never sure if he's serious or not. And he know's how to use that to his advantage.

Bensanii's Profile - Student

Forum Name: Besanii

Character Name: Annabelle White (But goes by Anna)
Sexuality: People consider her bi-sexual, but she doesn’t understand her own sexuality.

Disability: Suffers from an extreme case of passive-aggressive behavior. She seems usually like a shy girl, stoic even, and sometimes depressed, but will end up getting over angered for some--usually unknown-- reason. When in this state she gets VERY violent, throws furniture, breaks things, and curses.

She also has a very strange reaction to fire. She has a terrible phobia of fire normally, but when in an aggressive state she is a pyromaniac.

Classes you take: French 1/2, Algebra II, College Biology Honors, Art

Picture: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/331/275490.jpg

History: In her other school she was treated like a joke, and her named passed around the school in way that burned through her skin. She wasn’t stupid. She could tell when someone had been talking about her, even if they lied. Eventually, the lies piled up again and she broke-- and so did one of the other students’ arm. And it kept getting worse, and they all stared. The only thing that seemed to calm her was her sketchbook.
So her mother, afraid for everyone, sent her to a school where she would be able to eat lunch without having to break a window.

Dislikes: Public speaking, being touched, most green vegetables
Other: She has odd sleeping patterns. Sometimes she has terrible insomnia for weeks, and other times she will sleep for days straight. Whether or not she is sleeping, after the clock hits 9:00 pm she has to have her stuffed bear.

Flex's Profile

Forum name: Flex!
Character name: Aya Lin
Sexuality: Straight - I think…

Disability: Aya suffers from a neurological condition similar to epilepsy most commonly provoked by an overload of emotion (whether it being happiness or terror or passion). “She goes through… black-outs… and then she wakes up and sees the world as something it isn’t; it’s hard to say, really,” a doctor tried to explain to her parents when she was first diagnosed with the condition at the age of twelve. Whilst there are times when she goes through a period of unconsciousness as a result of the condition; she mainly finds herself reeling in daydreams and self-delusions; in these rare moments she’s in a world of her own, speaking to imaginary people, making imaginary friends and relishing in a world of make-believe.

Classes: Physics Honours, English, Modern Affairs Honours, College Biology

Picture:
STILL TO COME.

History: A sociable butterfly from a young age, Aya lived a normal life until the age of twelve; she was popular, sporty, stylish, smart - everything she was meant to be! She would dance and sing, making her parents very proud. “Oh, our Aya,” her mother would gush, “she sings and she plays the piano - ah, she is a very bright girl.” However, the charmed childhood was all to end too soon when she fell into a concussion during a junior high prom; not only did the event throw her into a world of scientists, doctors and laboratories - it made her a social outcast in the society she had grown up in. Her friends threw her away from them and she was the common target of taunts, insults and at times, physical assault.

When her condition was finally given a title and finalised, her parents agreed that it was time for a change. “This new school will… embrace the new you,” they told her, “life throws you lemons - but you make lemonade, right?”

However, social status aside, Aya is still pretty much the same to the world outside; a future leader in the making, intelligent, always with a grin and always ready to state her opinion when a topic hits the discussion table. A revolutionary. However internally, she’s constantly questioning the world around her and is constantly frustrated; despite her parent’s speech about lemons and turning new leaves, she can’t help but eye those around her with disgust - particularly the teacher - and wonder how she could have made such a drastic change… and why?

Likes: Aya loves music (thanks to her parents she can play several instruments), the arts and history - she adores all her subjects and is desperate to make something of her life, no matter how severe her condition. She loves making speeches and talking; and was a constant for competitive sports until her condition came in the way - the sense of feverish excitement that sport brings provokes her condition.

Dislikes: Aya dislikes the rules that bind her to the school and the teachers that run the school; however, she’s intelligent enough to keep these irrational dislikes to herself.

Other: Whilst the daydreams/delusions provoked by her condition vary, there is one constant; an imaginary friend by the name of Terry.

R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
link99912:

[*I]n [c]haracter

[/URL][URL="http://74.220.215.108/%7Erolepla3/forum/showthread.php?p=965#post965"]In Character! R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B! (http://role-player.net/topic/7217587/1/)

R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
link99912:

Bulletin
Rules

[October 3rd 2009(3)] I will make this clear-

It's very simple. If you know you shouldn't do it, don't do it. If you do it, I will warn you... If you continue, I will forcefully remove you. I'm not trying to be a jackass, and I don't believe there is anyway in the icy remains of hell freezing over that I will ever have to do this. I don't mind cursing or anything, just don't do what you know is wrong. This means don't be a god, don't pretend to be in charge, don't do this and that and yatatata. All I ask is that you do not obstruct other rper ability to enjoy them selves while on my thread, and you may do whatever the hell else you like.

October 1st 2009

[October 1st 2009(1)] So, technically you can now post comments and such. Yay. Do that if you want. Suggestions are welcome, but you probably shouldn't make too many until the story is done. Go ahead.

[October 1st 2009(2)] Nulled.

[October 1st 2009(3)] I believe the story I was talking about will only have moderate influence in the actual plot... It hasn't be written yet though, so, once again, it's hard to say.

[October 1st 2009(4)] I'll be back in a bit to work on this... Need to think.

October 2nd 2009

[October 2nd 2009(1)] Hmm... Yea maybe... That might work. I'm going to type a little... And see what it turns in to.

October 3rd 2009

[October 3rd 2009(1)] Alright, the story is up. Hurray. I didn't even expect this to be how it is now, but I sure as hell like it. Now, a lot is still to be added (I cut the story a bit short at the end, I'm going to be adding to it in a bit. I just wanted to give people the ability to join.) Alright, I'll make the in character when we get a few people to sign up. Feel FREE to leave suggestions, tell me if there is anything that you would like to see.

[October 3rd 2009(2)] PS. Some may be wonderig, "Now why is this ball of fluff in the mature section?"- which I hope you're not thinking. That would be mean. Screw off. :stare: . Any waaay. It's mainly as such because I don't want their to be restrictions. Let their be foul language, sex, drugs, and awesome. It's school. How plain would it be without all that good stuff ~___~? Where will it come in the story? Good question, that's up to you- I put it mainly as this so that you're not stopping your self from doing whatever the hell you want. Long live the revolution! :AWSM:

[October 3rd 2009(4)] To make this clear, you may post your profile either on this thread, or send it to me. Either way it will end up under "profiles".

[October 3rd 2009(5)] Alright... Logging off for tonight. Hmm... Well, I don't ant to imply that it's your fault :stare: for not making any suggestions :stare: or keep me company, but that's fine, I'll just :stare: head to sleep now. (Oh, please take this updated lightheartedly >.<.)

[October 3rd 2009(6)] Can't say this isn't slightly disheartening, I suppose we all have our interest though. Regardless of the quantity of people that join (currently 0, I wonder if I'm talking to my self), I'ma just keep updating until it's done.

[October 3rd 2009(7)] Alright, got some more stuff sorted that will make it easier to join, and hopefully more appearing. Class set up is at the bottom of the page. You can now be a teacher/pet as well as a human.

October 4th 2009

[October 4th 2009(1)] Revamping the page to make it more organized. The comprehensive guide to anthropoid animals is out! Check the bottom post. I'll make it easier to read later.

[October 4th 2009(2)] Our first person has joined, once I reach say... 4 students (not including my self) I will start. I would like to see an equal balance of anthropoid animals to students, so I may have it in a way where there has to be a balance. Revamp is done. Guide is "semi-complete". If I get 5 people including me that would be good (under the conditions that 2 of them are anthropoid and 1 is a teacher, I'll start when we have a little bit more people.)

October 7th 2009

[October 7th 2009(1)] I've done a lot of revisions, I still plan on doing many more... Every now and then I realize I didn't really specify something, and I go back to change it. I do enjoy it though, watching the information archives stack up a bit. Anyway, it's on the RPA twitter now, maybe I'll be noticed :D. Also, thank you for sending out the mass E-mail, your help is greatly appreciated.

October 8th

[October 8th 2009(1)] Whoo, the in character is up!

[October 11th 2009(1)] Alright... I suppose I'll kick off the IC in a bit. As for everyone else, feel free to post before me.

We're always accepting people, I don't see why I wouldn't.
R-I-S-S-S-P-IC-B!

Mysteria
10-18-2009, 05:27 PM
link99912:

Manual

This is sort of just to answer some questions about things that may be confusing...

1. "Anthropoid", or something that contains human like features, is often abbreviated to "anthro" by the internet community. When I say anthropoid I refer to something that is for the most part human, but has some animals aspects. In the RP, these animals would share some common aspects, such as this-

A. The common anthropoid animal thing is either a dog or cat. It is of course possible for you to make anything else, so long as it looks relatively human minimal animals features. (Ex. The common "neko" like character. Cat ears and a tail possibly.)

B. Anthropoid animals will have instincts and traits common to normal pets. This means heightened sense of smell, hearing, loyalty... The difference is mainly that their intelligent is elevated. How smart they are can vary, and I will leave this to you to decide...

2. The Race area under skeleton is used for people who are going to choose to be an anthropoid animal, I'm currently going back to make a second skeleton for the animal variety, then teachers...

CLASSES

9th grade-

A. Science

Basic- Physical Science
Regular- College Biology
Advanced- College Biology Honors

B. Math

Basic- Pre Algebra
Regular- Algebra 1
Regular+ - Geometry
Advanced - Geometry Honors

C. Social Studies

Basic- Geography
Regular- World Cultures
Advanced-

D. Language Arts

Regular- World Literature

E. Language

Basic- Basics of Spanish, Basics of French
Regular- Latin 1/2, Spanish 1/2, French 1/2
Advanced- Conversational Spanish, Conversational French

F. Electives

Regular- Robotics, Business, Home Economics, Drafting, Wood Shop, Metal Shop, Computer Science, and more...

Err... I'm drawing a blank for the other classes. Feel free to put something in here that you took for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade respectively... Basic is whatever was taken the previous year, advance is the subject taken this year with "Honors" in the name.

As for the schedule...

1st Semester.

1. 1st period- Either Math/Social Studies/Science/Language/Language Arts
2. 2nd period-Either Math/Social Studies/Science/Language/Language Arts
3. 3rd period- Either Math/Social Studies/Science/Language/Language Arts
4. 4th period- Elective/Gym & Health

2nd Semester.

1. 1st period- Can't be what you had last year (unless it was language)
2. 2nd period- Can't be what you had last year (unless it was language)
3. 3rd period- Can't be what you had last year (unless it was language)
4. 4th period- If you had Gym & Health it's now your Elective. Vice versa.

The Comprehensive Guide to Anthropoid Animals.
((Organized for you viewing pleasure :D!))

Life Span (Extended/Revised)

Live span. Unlike normal dogs, who grow old quickly and pass all too soon, anthropoid animals have human like life spans, living normally as long as their master before dying. It's not unlikely in fact that the animals shuts down once their master dies, going into a peaceful rest and never waking up at the same moment they know their master is dead. It is often the ultimate form companionship, and many masters ask they be buried with their anthropoids as a sign of them never being separated.

However there are of course conditions to this. If an animal's master is to die at a young age or before the animal has gone through a large portion of their life, they will remain active. If the master dies while they are separated and the pet is not hastily reunited with the corpse the process will fail. If a master dies at any point in their life it is likely the pet will go into denial, mainly caused by their unstable balance between human like sentience and underdeveloped human coping mechanisms. Extensive care is usually needed to restore the pet to it's formal peace of mind.

If a master lives for very long periods of time it is possible that the pets organs will begin to fail before them, causing complications that may lead to death. The animal's internal systems normally try to keep it alive for as long as it takes for both parties to reach their ends, however it is not always possible. Exercise is normally the best way to assure the natural process is completed.

Anthropoid animals lifespan is normally associated with their apparent youth. Anthropoid animals grow for about twelve through fourteen years of their life, developing much quicker then humans, and reaching a size that is close to that of the rest of their breed. For the years afterward their outside appearance seems to remain the same, while their vital systems fade with age. Most biologist believe that this was an evolutionary trait that was developed in order to encourage humans to keep them even as they grew old.

Anthropoid animals have self preservation mechanisms much like the human being, although slightly less strict. An animal will do just about everything it can to protect it's master if they believe they are in true danger. Anthropoids are much more instinctive and daring, full willing to charge at an assaulter regardless of the danger. In some cases when an animal is permanently severed from their owner thoughts of suicide will occur, and they are more likely to carry through with them. This is another reason while after the death of a master the animal should be brought to a new home to be cared for as soon as possible.

Ultimately the anthropoid animal has evolved to fit the human life span as best as possible, however this is also some times the cause of their demise. It's a delicate balance, however unstable it is.

Breeding and Related Matters

Unlike humans who can 'breed' year round, anthropoid animals tend to only enter their heat stages during the fall and spring. There gestation period is particularly short, mating in spring or fall, giving birth in summer or winter. This is to say that most anthropoid animals are born either in the summer or the winter. (OOC: Btw, this is a little reminder for those who plan on being Anthropoids- Plan your birthdays accordingly :D.)

(More on this later, when it becomes more relevant...)

History/Basics

So, you're the new proud owner of an anthropoid animal. Congratulations! Now, before we get started on the extensive care process of taking care of your new pet, let's go over some of the basics.

Some people may be wondering, "What deranged mad man spliced a human and an animal?" Well, although this is the common interpretation of our not-so-furry friends, the truth is, anthropoid animals have been around for a very long time. What they were originally is any ones guess, however, we do believe that they are the farthest down the line of canine and other domestic animal evolution. Dogs were originally farrel, but not as such. They started as a form of wolf, and evolved into the proto-dog. Little no that dogs actually evolved to adapt them selves to human society, losing their flight distance, and instead becoming reliant and human interaction. Dogs actually evolved in a way where they lost efficiency in hunting, but instead gained human companionship. The common belief of the scientific community is that these interesting creations are actually the next level of evolution for dogs, finally melding them selves into human society, to a point where they can interact and converse with human; or, on a basic scale, at least.

The differences in breed has come as it did to normal dogs and other variety domestic animals, breeding by humans eventually lead to the different species of anthropoid animals. Some people believe that anthropoid animals do not have a normal thought process, however, this is only partially true.

Intelligence/Jobs/Licenses

Some anthropoid animals will not develop intelligence much past that of some one who is eight or ten years old, while other anthropoids will grow as smart, or more intelligent then there owners. The wild variation in intelligence is normally do to breed, however all anthropoid animals seem to have the capability to be as intelligent as their normal human owners.

Anthropoid animals have a lot of different jobs in the world. It's possible for them to go into nursing, where they will preform simple task, or actual administration if under supervision and have shown to be exceptionally intelligent. The larger breeds with good sense of direction and smell are good hunting animals, as well as police dogs. Although cats can be police dogs as well, this is rare, as their species normally makes them more relaxed and less physical. They are still referred to as police dogs. They may also serve as cross guards, therapy animals, or light labor. License are required for the majority of these, most animals are sold without licensee, but if they're being sold for special cases- such as therapy, they normally have the common variety of licenses.

Licenses are ways for dogs to under go certain actives with in the law. To walk own their own, or say, get something from the store, they must have a light duty work dog license, which means they are allowed to do light labor. To bored public transportation by them self they must have a commerce license, and private transportation is allowed to set the rules as they please. Military animals need special training license, proving that they have enough mental stability and physical superiority to serve.

Breeds/Size/Regulations
How good a particular anthropoid is at a certain job is not strictly based on their breed, however, it does help. Anthropoids come in three basic breeds, small, medium, and large.

Small anthropoid animals are some of the more common, not growing much past five foot. These anthropoids normally have a good sense of smell, and are free of most medical conditions. They are also praised for their intelligence, which, although is equivalent to most other breeds, is more common in small animals. They are good therapeutic animals, as they often open up to more people, and do it much quicker then the average dog. They do not require as much care as some of the other animals, and don't need a leash on to travel so long as they have a license. Other wise it's best to keep one around their wrist.

Medium size anthropoid animals are not unlike small ones. Their best trait is normally their ability to be good at most jobs, not so much excel, but they are considered universal workers. They do not need an owner to accommodate them if they have a license, however, a leash must be present on them. Either the neck or wrist is fine.

Large sized dogs are those who are exceptional at heavy work. These are the kinds that will normally become police dogs, work with other animals, or hunt. They are also the more prevalent in the military. They are the largest of the breed, some times over six feet. Large dogs however are normally not characterized by their height, but more so by their physical aptitude. They are normally stronger then the normal dog, sprint quickly and are able to subdue their pray, they also have a terrible bight. The ferocity of a group of them is some times considered to be the equivalent of how a group of huskies can take down a polar bear. Although they maintain a human form, their instincts are highly present. Large dogs are just as loyal as others though. They are not chaotic, just they have the potential to be. For this case, they must wear light chain leashes strapped to the collar on their neck. They do not need a human to accommodate them if they have a license, but if they don't, a human must be present and holding the leash.

Diet Care/Companionship
Anthropoid animals are normally great companions. They help release stress, and can help around the house. They have a sense of loyalty that mixed with their human intelligence and appearance causes great comfort to their owners. Caring for them is considered to be like caring for a child, however they soon adapt and, for the most part, can take care of them selves. They need their masters or else they will become depressed and distant, and the process of re-adapting can take a long time. They some times will need to be taught things a bit more extensively then humans. They may need to go through several trials to learn how to cook something. Luckily anthropoids can learn to read quite easily, so they become good at shopping for their masters, or doing other task.

Their diets consist of low salt content meals, spices and herbs make their tongues feel weird, a stingy sensation. They still do enjoy human meals, however over spicy foods may make it difficult to smell. Humans probably will not enjoy the anthropoids food, as it may taste some what flavorless or dry. Actual food is sold for the different animals, however a lot of humans prefer to cook for their anthropoids, as it increases the bond between them. They do not have reactions to chocolate like dogs or pennies like cats, and can drink just about anything humans can, however citrus causes them a lot of distress.

Clothes/Living Conditions/Closer
As far as clothes go anthropoids can where either human outfits or specialized anthropoid ones. Anthropoid outfits normally cost a fair sum greater then human outfits, as they are stitched with sturdier and higher quality products to prevent from tearing and damage. They are easily washable, sense anthropoid animals are known to get dirty. Some anthropoid animals like to wear a variety of outfits, some just one favorite kind. Some just wear whatever they're given. It all depends on personality.

Anthropoid animals can not be kept in cages like normal animals. They will become cramped, and can not stand the low conditions. They need to have basic human needs, which means open access to a bathroom and a place to sleep. It's also suggested that they have free access to the refrigerator and television, as it will make it easier to occupy their time. The lazier cats are known to enjoy reading a lot, as they find it relaxing. Having to live in rooms makes it hard for pet shops to occupy them, however they are easy to receive by order. Schools normally keep their anthropoid animals in boarding rooms that the students would sleep in until they are bought and move in with their masters.

Although they can require a lot of care, and can get them self into trouble that normal dogs can't, anthropoids in the long run are normally beneficial to a humans lively satisfaction. Some schools are adapting this into their programs for thereabout reasons, although it is still in it's trial period, many are reporting fantastic results. Anthropoids have proven their worth, and our happily taking their spots as "Mans other best friend."

School's Specific Anthropoid Services
Here at school the majority of our pets are equipped with one, and only one, basic therapeutic license. This means that they can not walk on their own, all of them must be on leashes, to use public transportation you must be attend to them, and they can not run errands for you. You must apply your anthropoid animal by to a light duty license your self, and they must pass. The therapeutic license assures that they have sufficient basic skills, the ability to read and speak (basically, there is no assurance that they understand complex words or literature), and can do light work around such as cleaning or carrying your school books. Students may pick an animal of their choice, purchase is a low adoption fee while the regular cost is supplied by the school. Clothes and food must be purchased by the students. Failure to adhere to your pets needs will result in reclamation, unless help is sought out, in which case services to support your pet while keeping it under your watch will be provided.

Your pet is your responsibility. The pet is to leave the school with you when your stay is complete, it legally belongs to you after purchasing. Animals are only guaranteed to have the basic requirements under the therapeutic license, other life skills must be taught by the owner. Meeting your pets needs is top priority, and the owner is expected to be able to follow them with maturity and responsibility.