PDA

View Full Version : Aboard the Star Dragon (A space faring adventure)

Lord Tully
07-21-2010, 06:23 AM
http://rpggamer.org/uploaded_images/AndromedaAscendant.jpg
Date: March 19, 2189. Location: Jolag's bar, Lunar colony. Hello there, come in and sit down we've alot to discuss. Now you've probably come here with the intention of becoming the next big hero of the galaxy, but do you have what it takes to brave the vast expance that is the universe? Pirates, space beasts that could swallow ships whole, black holes, expenses of nothing so large that they drive men insane. Well if you think that you can face all that and more then why don't we find out?

This is a magnificent space adventure that will take you on a journey that will span the furthest stars. But you already got that impression didn't you? Yes now you'd like a more in depth explanation wouldn't you, well here it is.
The Ship (Pictured at the top of the screen)
Dubbed, The Star Dragon or just "The Dragon" to it's crew, this vessel is a Misho class star ship, capable of holding up to 30 passengers (36 if you count the crew), 4 one man fighter craft, and 60 tons of cargo. It was originally built for hulling cargo, but it's been refitted into a pretty passable combat craft with 6 forward facing torpedo tubes, 1 tube facing aft, 2 heavy laser cannons mounted on the nose, and enough mines and "surprises" to keep any foe on their toes. Not the fastest or the strongest, but for the small time adventurers and the like there's few better.
The Galaxy
It's the same galaxy that we've all seen before, just alot more crowded, since the 21st century humanity has discovered dozens of populated worlds, and has branched out to make sure none of them blow the hell out of Earth. Now you're bound to run into several different Non-Humans but there are 3 big name civilizations out side of earth you NEED to know about.

The Kinal: They are probably the most common out of the Non-Human that you'll encounter, not hard to spot, they look like very pale humans, with elongated ears and bright blue lines running over their skin in intricate patterns. They were the first Non-Human species we made contact with, which was lucky for us as they are very smart, very beautiful and often very kind, due to their natural kind attitude most will help another person if they need it, it's why they helped humans get a foothold on the interstellar stage by giving us guidance with our technology, and make up an alarming majority of medical practitioners.

The Hekthon: Now here's a lot you need to keep you eye out for, they are a highly tribal race, with a constantly changing government, tribes always absorbing each other, and separating over and over again often with small, mostly quiet but very violent confrontations that rarely leave the building in which they start most of the time. Highly adaptable to change you will almost never hear a Hekthon complain about anything that isn't trying to kill him. They tend to be quite tall, often standing at least 6'3" with long black hair baring a red tattoo over their face that signifies their allegiances and makes them more or less instantly distinguishable from other races.

The Jukan: Now this is a race more different then Humanity then any other. They are a race of (for lack of a better word) Anthropomorphs, more specifically, Foxes. Or at least that's the closest thing on Earth that we can compare them to, but most don't seem to mind being called a Fox, maybe it's a compliment in their language. They aren't hard to spot since they look like giant Foxes, they all have clean red 'fur' covering their entire bodies, and something about their skin makes it nearly impossible to visibly scar. Their ways are too complicated for just this space but you have to know this, DO NOT TOUCH THEIR TAILS. I realize that their large fluffy tails look soft and pretty, but to them touching someone's tail without their permission is a severe transgression that will get you killed in some places.

Now the Rules of the RP
I am the GM, I am god here, so what I say goes.

All forum rules apply here.

This is NOT a Mature RP, so violence, language, sexual content, none of it can exceed what they'd allow on a TV show or PG-13 movie, if you're unsure, PM me before you post. It's better to have to rewrite something then to have the Mods mad at you.

While we wil encounter other races the only Non-Humans available for characters are the 3 races above, NO EXCEPTIONS.

due to the nature of the RP I will allow under age characters, 14 at the youngest though (Please keep kids at a minimum, I don't want an entire ship crewed by nothing but teenagers).

Relationship are perfectly fine (Inter-species relationships are even better) as long as you follow the above rule about content and no underage sex.

Humans may occasionally be called Terrans by other species.

other then that, just try and have fun.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race:
Height:
Weight: (No need to be precise with this)
Appearence: (Text or Pictures are fine, due to the nature of the aliens any style of picture is fine)
Personality:
Skills:
Other:

(Note: May be subject to change)

John
07-21-2010, 05:19 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Damonique
07-21-2010, 07:32 PM
I'll bite, though I wont be able to post until I get back.

Name:-Rorahn Mascvic(Pronounced "Roran Mash-Khi-Vhic)

Sex:-Male

Race:-Hekthon

Height:-6'7"

Weight:-180 Lbs or so?

Appearance:http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Galleries/Shows/S_Z/Sq_Sz/StargateAtlantis/crops/stargate-atl-jason-momoa17.jpg (Yeah, I know I stole it from Stargate Atlantis, but it fits the race perfectly. The lack of facial tattoos is because he was raised on earth, outside of tribal influence.)

Personality:-Rorahn has a fairly relaxed demeanor whenever he is on a vessel of some sort, and does any work he's told to do without bothering to question the order, and any man he's ridden with will vouch for him as a good man.

When on land though, he gets fairly anxious and uptight, and becomes much less pleasurable company, often lashing out at those around him verbally as an outlet for his anxiety.

Bio:-Rorahn was one of the first generations of Hekthon to be raised entirely on earth in a social environment experiment. Though he, like every other offworlder involved in the study was offered a free education, he never felt at home on earth, and he quickly dropped that aspiration around 16 or 17 and went through the arduous process of getting a ship master to hire him in order to get back to where he believed he belonged.

Sadly, it was not until he was 23 that he finally found himself on a world inhabited by his race, and though he was offered to join a tribe, the life on a space faring vessel was at that point more a home to him that any particular world, thus he became a Vagabond, jumping from ship to ship, running security and doing the work that needed to be done.

His lack of facial tattoos is often a mocking point from others of his race, but it allows him to pass for human easily enough to the casual observer. It was only luck that brought him to that particular bar that night, that brought him to work on the Dragon.

Skills:-Being large and menacing, can hold his own in a fight, a good shot with just about any weapon you hand him, intensive manual labor(moving cargo, securing bulkheads, the like).

Other:

Lord Tully
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah red facial tattoos are a bit hard to find, so no worries on the picture. I'm not entirely sure if I can wait for you as long as you're going to be gone, but I'll sure as hell try.

Damonique
07-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Okay, thanks. I don't want to be too much of an inconvenience.

Higurashi
07-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Aww D: I was hoping to be able to find a RP where I piuloted my opwn starship.... and Jansen, Post DAMN YOU! This is War needs you!

John
08-02-2010, 01:43 AM
This Rp has been featured as this week's Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=293799#post293799)

spirits breath
08-02-2010, 02:58 AM
this may be tweaking a few knobs of interest. as I can easily play a Jukan. The name sounds fun in my head. (only the first three times sadly...) Anyway if I may. would a 14 yearnold just be a passenger. Much to young to know anything unless they were born on the ship and spent their days watching someone work.

Jansen: you got a stalker. and I was watching stargate a while ago. It is all good on my end. (only saw a few episodes of the first season so no asking questions)

Higurashi: you really have to stop posting in other threads for Jansen to post. it shows despiration, dependance, and disregard for sir hatless. It is a thing well suited for a pm, but Jansen left it, told you as well on top of that. Can stand to leave it be.

Lord Tully
08-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Spirits, don't worry about how "Useful" your character might be, I'm going for a feel more akin to Star Wars or Firefly, then anything actually realistic. If you want to make a 14 year old Jukan go ahead, just keep in mind the limitations that come with being 14 years old and you should do fine (And if you don't I'm here to help you with it).

Biophysicist
08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
ANDROMEDA ASCENDANT WUT

In. (Does the ship have an AI? If so, can I play as it?)

spirits breath
08-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Name: Volch Weyligth

Sex: Male

Race: Jukan

Height: 5 foot 2 inches

Weight: 117

Appearance: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:reOuqI1_4mltXM:http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w59/TsukasaSusanti/FoxAnthro.jpg&t=1

Personality: While usually light hearted, he holds grudges with a passion. Even one who touches his tail by accident usually will have a ‘reminder’ to not touch it again. While part of him enjoys space travel, he also hates it as it keeps him from the natural. Not exactly easy to take jokes lightly as he sees them as dead serious.

Skills: A keen sense of smell and hearing was given at birth. Though he does have exceptional hand to hand skills to make up for his inability to use guns.(not from his hands, just no training in them) He has moderate knowledge of the bodies nervous systems.

Bio: Volch had always been a Jukan to his knowledge once he saw his first human. He is still trying to figure outthe actual meaning of being called a fox. Besides it meaning that they were complimenting how they looked, but that is when he looked up what a fox actually was. The bite mark on his rear had a bruise for a week as he realized that he did resemble an earth fox. Only the part where old farmers would go on fox hunts wasn’t a welcome tale.
He still holds that as a joke about humans when he knows they will need him. As well as noting that if he ever had to fight a hekthon, he would have to jump, and aim for any nerve endings he could. Though he would also bite if grabbed. Humans the same except he didn’t have to jump.
Going onto the ship seemed like fresh brushed fur and a rainbow. though it wasn’t until his first few days that he realized it wasn’t like that. Let alone being held back when a earch child tried touching his tail.

Other: You can now say you have a friend to can bite his own tail in a sense.
He has a ocd about making sure his fur is smoothed out and looking clean/smells clean.

Higurashi
08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Name: Jillian
Sex: Female
Race: Jukan
Height: 6'2
Weight: 175 lbs
Appearence: http://images.elfwood.com/art/c/h/chelley/foxchica.jpg

Personality: Jill is a generally gentle person who can't help but love on anyone close to her. While she doesn't mind being hugged by strangers. She does mind anyone, and that mean ANYONE touching her tail without her asking them to. To her her tail is practically sacred, and letting someone touch it is equivelant to giving herself over to them entirely.

Bio: Born amongst the quiet forests of the Appalachin mountains. Was driven from her home when loggers and rpospectors came and forced her into a relocation. She wandered for a long time, searching for a home. She arrived in a city one day. While walking down the street, frightened by the steel and concrete, she was captured by a gang. They abused her in unimaginable ways, and finally she snapped. In her rage, she killed the entire gang, and continued wandering. She was eventually taken in by a friendly old couple, who worked at the nearby starship dock. SHe worked with them, and eventually started going ont he starships themselves. Now she journies that stars.

Skills: Charisma, Mechanics, diplomacy
Other: She has swirling black fur tattoos on her tail and limbs.

Lord Tully
08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
ANDROMEDA ASCENDANT WUT

In. (Does the ship have an AI? If so, can I play as it?)

The ship probably will have a computer with an AI, but no you can't play the A.I. Sorry, but since it'll be an NPC, everyone will be able to control it (If that happens pay attention to other people's posts and keep it consistent, I don't want a schizophrenic computer).

Higurashi and Spirits you are both accepted, but Hig, just some fore warning, 6'2" is pretty tall for a Jukan, and prodomenantly white fur is practically non-existant, so expect Jillian to get alot of attention.

spirits breath
08-02-2010, 07:50 PM
alright, we got two people for you not to touch the fluffy tail. except if of course the moment utterly calls for it. (easy to get their attention that way on a side note.) but I don't technicly consider my character final until my first IC post. then it can't be changed. I sort of feel like I am short changing this a little so expect a few updates here and there.

and may I say, an AI we all control sorta. That will be confusing to say the least.

Higurashi
08-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Yah. I think tshe'll either be of albino or snow fox origin.

Lord Tully
08-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Spirits: Well it's not going to be a full on character, it'll be more like the ship's computer from Star Trek then Romi.

Hig: You don't have to change the color, it's fine the way it is, I just wanted to let you know before hand so that you're not taken off guard.

Higurashi
08-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Okay... can we start?

Lord Tully
08-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Sure I'll just put my Character up and then we'll go.
Name: Mitchel West
Race: Human
Height: 6'0"
Weight: Around 140
Appearance: http://images.epilogue.net/users/mrauw/Space_soldiers_epilogue.jpg
Personality: Mitchel is a very caring captain, he like to get to know those he serves with well, helps him make sure he can trust them. He'll do almost anything to protect his crew even risking the ship (his motto is: A good crew is stronger then a good ship). However to those outside his crew he can be a bit harsh, so you might want to watch his mood before approaching him.
Skills: Rifle training, Surveillance, mild medical training.
Other: Mitchel was a Soldier on Earth so it's pretty common to see military symbols on his clothing.

Ic will be up soon.

Lord Tully
08-02-2010, 09:06 PM
IC is now up. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=294188#post294188)

Lord Tully
08-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Good posts so far you guys looks like we're starting out nice.

Higurashi
08-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Mhm... now reply o-o

Lord Tully
08-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Sorry, I wasn't here to reply when you guys posted, Oh and Hig, if you don't want Jill to be the engineer like I'm setting up, go ahead and tell me so I can edit your preferred position in.

Higurashi
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
DOn't worry, she'll be fine where she is.... as the sexy head engineer XD

spirits breath
08-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Don't get Volch too excited now. though I guess he may allow you to touch his tail if you play nice. (we both know that Volch would have a bit of a crush of Jill, just hard to express it being who he is. )

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Yah :P Now got post. I'm tired form writing tech talk.

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 12:29 AM
I have a ocd that is interesting, and if I wasn't the the one steering the ship, I would see just how good the captain can hold his standards by trying to make him willingly touch a Jukans tail. then i have an excuse to spar with him.

But otherwise, I will allow you to make up more random words. Ever try connecting that square rotating thing into the square slot? It makes that slot spin and then something happens.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Im not making up words?

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Alrighty then... I will actually have to note my non tech savy mind. well it is, since I got a computer not meant for games to be running them, and uncrashed a computer. But I have no knowledge of these things, leave me alone.

*goes and picks up bone club* "Me kill internet with club!" (insert shouting rambles) "Computer no work anymore..."

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah Spirits that's not likely to happen with Mitchel, even if you managed to get him into a fight he's a former soldier, Volch is not.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 12:54 AM
o-0 Okay mister sarcastic, no need to be like that.

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Don't worry he'd probably only slap you across the head.

iamaninja
08-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Could I join?
Also I was wondering if I could be a medical officer of some sort, unless its taken?

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 01:45 AM
which may hurt a bit more considering the snout and all. but it is the mental picture that made it worth it. and besides, Lith has teeth and would go for your nervous system and attempt to temporarily paralize you. or see what you taste like...

But moving on, did you hear the one about the fox hunts? Yeah, so did Lith. You jerks...

yes you may, and the position is completely open. plus you have someone who will eventually comoe to visit your whatever character you are making is.

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Doesn't the Nervous system cover like you ENTIRE body, you know with nerve endings and such? So wouldn't it be sorta redundent to AIM for the nervous system if you're going to hit it regardless of what you do?
@IMANINJA yes you may join, but since we're already in space you'd need to wait until we got to a planet to introduce your character the the rest of the crew.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 02:11 AM
your turn to post spirit

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 02:12 AM
yes it does, but there are points that are more vulnerable than others, in example your shoulders, inbetween the joint at your elbow. at the side of your stomach.(in between the love handles and the main abs)
Then if you stun them,( the action potential from calcium moving in and out of the cell as the membrane switches polarity near the fatty mylen deposits would be disrupted.) This would stop your moter neurons from being able to send or receive the signal to move a part of your body, thus rendering it practicly useless of a limb. thaose are excluding pressure points, where they are more abundant.

your lymph nodes are different they would cause infections and do some damage if ruptured in short. (these are those round bubble like veins you can feel on the inside of your thighs and sometimes near your neck.)

you have just been learned. if you understood any of that that is.

in short, i hit nerves, your arm stops functioning, you don't punch me in the face. But since we are stuck with eachother, in a whole reach and highfive distance, a fight is not a good thing to have since it jeperdizes the entire crew.

iamaninja
08-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Rightio, I'll whip up a CS and hang round a s[ace port or something til you guys arrive.

Question, what kind of races, other then the ones on the front page, are available(if any)?

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Well as I stated in the rules, other then human, those three alien species are the only acceptable races in this RP. there are no exceptions EVER.

iamaninja
08-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Okay, thanks, I was just wondering

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 03:05 AM
I ninja posted you sir hatless XD

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Yes you did, I edited it a bit, not sure if it helped anything or not.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Yep, thats better

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 03:40 AM
alright, and to be the harbringer of your two escapades, I am going offline for the night.

and lets just say, you two may be able to figure out my next post if you think.

lets just say expect the unexpected. except you hig, then expect what any male would do to a female he had the hots for... I know you both can. if of course I helped you. well I wish I was covered in fur, sleeping would be comfortable.

(and if our mods would stop talking to me. I am about to heaad off. hey I got two messages...)

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 03:45 AM
So.... uhm... I see no post? Or was that meant to explain what'll be going on tomorrow?

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Mind translating that Spirits? Are you saying that your character will make a move on Jill or that my character should make a move on her? And what's this talk of you helping us what would you be helping us with? I guess you should go sleep if you're getting off, you'll probably make more sense in the morning.

iamaninja
08-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Name: Artyom Ivanov
Race: Terran
Height: 5’9
Weight: around 110 kg(ish)

http://yafh.com/image/72f06def-herr_doktor.jpg
(Has a stethoscope always hangs around his neck, never leave home without it!
...and no Medic back-pack)
Personality: Loves riddles, jokes and near anything to do with humour but is very serious when working. He often jokes while operating but can get serious if someone’s life is endangered, at least for a little while. Cant spreckens da anglish so well, I kid, but he reverts to Russian occasionally.
Skills: Excellent medical training, knows a good amount on anatomy of quite a few species and has an odd knack to disappear the moment any danger is perceived, usually minutes in advance.

Artyom is an extreme pacifist, refusing to fight but will go out of his way to fix wounds, even if the wounded are enemies or tried to hurt him only recently, if asked why he refuses to fight his reply is usually "I have karma to consider!...among other things"
He seems to be able to somehow break any and all technology that he tries to use if it is not medical equipment; this often puts him on the ‘bad-side’ of mechanics.

He enjoys his work a little too much, loves spicy food (wasabi-flavoured ice cream, jalapeņos etc) and can sometimes be bribed with it into giving up certain medicinal products.
He is mildly eccentric and will sometimes lock himself in his room and ‘wallpaper’ the walls and ceiling with whatever he can find, just for a ‘change of scenery’, and I mean anything, fax machines, printers, posters, clothing items etc. Or forgetting to wear most items of clothing; not sleeping for days on end; sleep-walking and forgetting what he was about to do.

At the moment he is working at a clinic close to a space station and bored out of his mind, he wants to get off planet and would jump at the chance to join a starship crew.
Did I mention he’s Russian?

-
Is good?
Heh, I was gonna go Jukan but then the captain would be out-numbered.

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
my message was purelly intentional as it is one of those things to help me remember what I was going to do. confusing the heck out of you and thinking I am delerious was a bonus.

and I got my med fix(thumbs up emote) though wasabi ice cream doesn't sound yummy...

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Egh, this'll be fun.

soulpelt
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Is this still open?

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 04:19 PM
yes this is open, we just have to get to a space port pretty soon for anyone who is thinking of joining. or have made a character. so yes we are open.

and I hope it is hig.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Hmm. Now for hatless to post.

Tsujiko
08-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm putting up a character sheet and if it isn't still open just let me know~ Thanks ^^

Character Sheet:
Name: 吉澤蛍 Hotaru Yoshizawa
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 46 Kilograms
Appearence (http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab129/tsujimidori/Pictures%20for%20Characters/aika.jpg)
Personality: Hotaru is upbeat and chipper almost constantly seen with a smile on her face. She is very friendly especially with new people but if she is angered or put in a situation she is a very competent combatant.
Skills: Weapons maintenance, lockpicking/hacking, martial arts
Other: Hotaru is looking for work as a security officer or a computer assistant

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 07:57 PM
OK IMANINJA and Tsujiko you are both accepted, I posted a way for you to join the ship soon. After this though I'm not really cmfortable with any more people, sorry soulpelt, but if someone drops out and creates an opening I can PM you if you like.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I find some problems with your post. I know your the Gm, but its clearly stated by the person who is HEAD engineer that th problem is fixed. The think about the power coupling, its fixed to. Though it'll likely break again. About my last sentence, Nobody Knows That. I understand what you're trying to do, but its incorrect.

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Well ok then let me try and fix that.

How's that?

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
That'll work. I suggest going in for a refueling as a way to introduce new characters.

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Um Spirits, just asking are trying to give Mitchel a head ache or something? Cause I think you're succeeding.

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 09:20 PM
in a sense yeah. as in relating my character to a dog in a joke. though he seems to be taking things too seriously. ( I mean didn't he just say to have Volch and jill go on a break or something a few posts back.) but anyways feel free to share some earth culture. except without a gun or problems with oil.

but it is all a joke dun worry about it.

Lord Tully
08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
I know he isn't being serious, and yes he said Volch and Jill should have a break, I'm just asking if 'annoying' is the tone you're aiming for with your character.

spirits breath
08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
No, just he acts differently when he is on break and working. you said that he was on break then asked him to do something. that was his way of telling you that.
except for the going to his homeworld. That is a bit more serious for survival skills. but that is also an inprobability in a sense.

basicly he is different in different circumstances. his ownn time he is happy go lucky. Working, youll be wondering why he is quiet and occasionally talking to hiimself.

Oh, and I will start our characters 'date' hig in maybe an hour hour and a half. also depends on a few more factors, but that is just a rough estimate.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 10:07 PM
okay. Wondering why but okay.