PDA

View Full Version : [M] The Rocky Path to Love (EnglishBelle & Roleplaychick)

Pages : [1] 2

EnglishBelle
01-02-2014, 12:22 AM
May contain fantasy/action violence and gore, strong language, mature thematic elements, sexual references/situations, and possible drug/alcohol use

Katherine James worked for a high flying publishing company that had been around for many years and was well known. Katherine had been there for several months now and had landed the job pretty much as soon as she had arrived in New York. Katherine was originally from England, but due to circumstances and other things, had decided to travel and ended up in New York. With some savings, she'd found a small apartment to live in and found a job working at Brown and Mitchell publishing company.

It wasn't what she had wanted to do, but as far as she was concerned, it was a job and it paid the bills and allowed her to stay in New York. Kate seemed to spend all of her time at the office, working as a lowly PA for a boss who wasn't that high up in the company as he liked to make out. Her boss, Mr Corrigan, was always flirting with her and trying to get her to go on a date with him, like other guys throughout the company. Kate always said no.

Finally, she'd managed to book a holiday in Los Angeles, hoping to spend a couple of weeks relaxing on the beach and having time to herself for once. Pulling her long auburn hair out of the ponytail she'd had it up in, Kate let her hair loose among her shoulders. She had finished packing that morning but her flight wasn't for another few hours. She thought she'd walk, save the cab fare. Picking up her grey coat, she slipped it on over a soft grey fake cashmere sweater, jeans and a pair of sneakers.

Making sure that her apartment was locked and after triple checking she had everything, Kate plugged in her Ipod and headed to the airport.

Notty
01-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Owen Strathburn sighed, running a hand through his hair as he stepped out of the cab at the airport. An English Professor at NYU, he was looking forward to spending his winter break in Los Angeles. Somewhere warm, somewhere sunny. And somewhere that was very much not New York.

It wasn't that he didn't like the city, or his job. He did very much. He enjoyed the bustle of the city, and he had always wanted to teach English. But it had been a long semester, and he was ready for a break.

He glanced down at the ticket in his hand and then searched the flight status board. He was an hour early, but he didn't mind waiting. Taking his time to walk to his terminal and check through security, Owen found a secluded chair to sit in while he waited. Digging through his backpack, he pulled out his notebook and a pencil, and began to write.

EnglishBelle
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Kate arrived at the airport, her fingers frozen from being wrapped around her suitcase handle without wearing gloves. Her cheeks were tinged rosy red with the cold but she put up with it because she had to. Kate wasn't one to complain but she would if she had to.

Kate's stomach growled a little as she checked through security, reminding her that she'd not eaten that morning yet. She'd made up some sandwiches and put them in her bag, hoping that they weren't squashed. Getting through security okay, she eventually found the terminal and found an empty seat ready and waiting for the departure gate to open. It would be a couple of hours for that, and so Kate searched through her bag for her sandwiches, groaning when she discovered they were squashed.

Oh well. Better than paying a silly price at one of those little stores in the terminal for some tiny sandwiches. Setting her sandwiches on the side, Kate pulled out a dog eared book and started to read it. It was an old classic and one of her favourites - Tess of the D'Urbervilles.

Notty
01-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Owen sighed and glanced around, shifting in his seat and trying to get comfortable. It was nearly time to board the plane, and he stowed away his notebook and pen, zipping up his backpack and standing up. He glanced down at his ticket and pulled his backpack on, walking to the line to board the plane.

Following the line onto the plane, Owen glanced around, searching for his seat. When he had found it, he stuffed his backpack underneath the seat and settled down, pulling on his seatbelt as he waited for the rest of the plane to fill up. He couldn't help but pray that the other seats next to him would be empty. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. He leaned his head against the side of the plane and stared out the window.

EnglishBelle
01-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Finally the call to board the plane was made and Kate glanced at her ticket, noting she was sitting nearer the front than she'd like. Oh well, at least she'd managed to get a seat considering she'd booked her flight so late. She ran her fingers through her hair and followed the queue of people onto the plane.

Looking around, Kate noted that the plane wasn't as busy as she'd thought. Great, maybe I can read in peace. She thought to herself, smiling to the stewardess who checked her ticket and told her where to sit. Kate sat in her window seat, pulling out the same book she'd started to read before. Her pocket jingled with the odd change, and she figured she might have a coffee later on.

She tucked her small hold luggage underneath the seat in front and settled down, ready for the safety announcements. She rolled her eyes at the stewardess giving the safety announcements. They always looked too made up and caked in make up but maybe she looked too plain? Kate shook her head at that idea. If that's what guys wanted, then fine. She wouldn't pretend to be something or someone else just to impress.

About half an hour into the flight, Kate tucked her book into the back of the seat in front of her and closed her eyes. Covering herself with her coat, she tried to relax the best she could.

Notty
01-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Owen had pulled his notebook back out before the plane had taken off, and was deep in his work, his iPod playing as he wrote, the words flowing easily through his pen onto the paper. Every now and then he would smile a bit to himself, or frown and scratch through a few words. But for the most part, he worked easily for over an hour uninterrupted.

A bit of turbulence caused him to glance up from his work and pull out one of his earbuds. "We apologize for the turbulence, we've come across a bit of a storm. Shouldn't be too bad. We do ask that you keep your seatbelts on for your safety. Thank you." Owen sighed a bit and shifted in his seat. I never take the damned thing off. Never was a big fan of flying. he thought to himself.

The sky outside had darkened and he could see lightning in the distance. He pulled down the small cover over the window, not wanting to think about what lay outside. Putting his earbuds back in, he tried to concentrate on his work.

EnglishBelle
01-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Kate had tried to sleep but was failing miserably and the movie that had been put on for the in flight entertainment wasn't one that she was keen on. She grabbed her iPod from her bag and put her headphones on, closing her eyes as she listened to it.

She had managed to read about half way through her book also until the sign for the seat belts lit up and she frowned a little. Oh okay. Just turbulence. You'll be fine Kate. You've flown half way across the world in worse weather than this. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Looking outside at the sky, she noticed how black it had gone but knew that she'd be alright. Surely they'd flown through storms worse than this?

Before she could relax, the plane started shaking more and the lights flickered on and off. "If everybody could remain seated please. We're just coming to the worst of the storm, but please do not panic."

Notty
01-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Owen jerked up from his work, his pen scribbling across the page from the shaking of the plane. A cry rose up from the passengers of the plane when the power went out. Owen could feel his heart pounding in his chest as the message came over the intercom. Yeah like I could relax and stay calm now.

A crack of lightnig struck and the entire plane lit up, thunder shaking the plane. Suddenly all went quiet, the sound of the engines was silenced. "Please buckle your seatbelts, we've experienced a power cut and will be forced to land."

Owen stuffed his notebook into his backpack and pulled it on. This was his absolute worst nightmare coming true. He ran a shaky hand over his face as the plane shuddered, people around him crying and screaming.

EnglishBelle
01-03-2014, 06:35 AM
Not panic? Not panic? How could she not panic? Kate didn't want this to be the way she'd die, but if that was so, she wouldn't let it. She had to help. Something wasn't right. There was a child a couple of rows down that just wouldn't stop crying along with it's mother. Kate unbuckled her seatbelt and headed to them, ignoring the plea of the stewardess who she sent a glare to.

She comforted the child as best she could, making it laugh now instead of cry and then eventually the child began to drift asleep in the comfort of the mother's arms. The mother thanked Kate and so she returned back to her seat. What Kate wasn't aware of was that the engines would soon cut out.

The power went off completely in the cabin and nothing was on. She heard the whir of the engines stop, and that made her heart sink. Please no. Please don't say that was what I think it was.

The plane just started to fall as the engines now had stopped and failed. Kate looked at the woman and child in the few rows in front and got out of her seat again going towards them. "Please....go towards the back of the plane and get down. Secure yourself...." She did this to another two couples near the front, not wanting them to lose their child/children or vice versa. Kate took a seat and braced herself for the impact.

Notty
01-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Owen watched as people tried to scramble to the back of the plane, panic and chaos rampant through the passengers and crew. He could hear couple whispering to each other that they loved one another, kissing their children and embracing as everyone prepared for the worst.

I don't have anyone. I wouldn't even know who to call if I could... Owen thought to himself, a lifetime of regrets suddenly washing over him. He closed his eyes, not wanting to think about what was happening. He felt the plane lurch forward, almost in a nose dive as they hurled towards the ground.

He heard the front of the plane hit first, was thrown back in his seat and remembered no more.

EnglishBelle
01-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Urgh. Kate's head was pounding and she didn't want to wake up. Five more minutes in bed.. She rolled over and groaned in pain. She eventually managed to open her eyes and see the carnage of the plane crash that lay before her. Where was she?

Her head was throbbing and as Kate put her hand up, she felt something sticky and wet. She winced as she saw blood when she brought her hand back down. She tried to stand up, but fell over again. Her ankle was all swollen and didn't look good, but that wasn't the worst. She was bleeding from her side and she didn't know whether she'd been cut or what. No, she was okay. She managed to stand again but couldn't see anyone else. She wasn't sure how long she'd been unconscious but she knew she had to try and find someone for help or see if anyone else needed help.

She wrapped her arms around herself to try and keep warm, having lost her coat in the crash and all her other belongings. She hurt really bad but her own health wasn't important right now. What about those children? The other people? She didn't even know where she was.

Notty
01-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Owen groaned, god, it hurt everywhere. He really needed to get back to the gym. His eyes slowly fluttered open, thinking he would find himself in his bed at home. But instead, he awoke to smoke and a cloudy gray sky. His eyes widened, sitting up quickly, he cried out in pain. And then he remembered

The power. The storm. The crash. And then nothing.

He glanced around at himself and saw that his arms were cut up and he had a deep gash on his left leg. His head hurt something awful, and he winced when he furrowed his brow. "You're okay...just get out of the wreckage. Surely there's someone else around."

Slowly making his way out of the wreckage, his backpack still attached to his back, Owen turned and looked. The front half of the plane was all but gone. Bodies lay lifeless in the wreckage. He kept waiting for someone to open their eyes, to groan in pain, but as of now, it was quiet. Deathly quiet.

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Kate managed to stand finally, her ankle throbbing so bad that she wanted to cry out in pain but she wouldn't. Lifting her sweater, the deep wound on her side which covered her stomach was still bleeding but she had nothing to stop it. Pressing a hand to it, Kate groaned and started to walk. Which way? Where to?

Kate had no answers but started walking, kinda limping all the same. She'd been walking for what seemed like hours and she knew she couldn't carry on right now.

"Hello! Anybody!" She called out in the hopes that somebody, anybody would hear her and she'd be saved. Pulling her hand away from her wound, she noticed it was still bleeding and her hand was covered in blood. She needed to find someone before she grew too weak from the blood loss.

Notty
01-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Owen began walking around the wreckage, looking for anything- anyone that could still be alive. So far though, he just saw bodies. Suitcases and backpacks lay all over the place, small fires burning around. What he couldn't get over, was how quiet it was.

He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, wincing as his hand touched his forehead, bringing it back down he saw that it was covered in blood. To be honest, he felt surprisingly good. "Must be the adrenaline," he murmured to himself, looking around.

Then he furrowed his brow and stopped walking. Had he just heard someone. "Hello?!" He yelled back, his eyes trying to scan the wreckage and the area around. "Is someone there?!"

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Kate groaned as she replaced her hand against her side and pressing it on as hard as she could, her head still throbbing. The smell was the worst. The smell of burning and the smell of death. She would never forget the smell, never be able to be rid of it but for now, she needed to help people but she couldn't find anyone.

All around her were parts of the plane, discarded bags, suitcases and other belongings just smoking as if they'd been set on fire on purpose. She could feel tears wanting to fall as she searched for people but she willed herself not to cry.

As she carried on hobbling around as best she could, Kate thought she heard someone answer her. Oh please...please be real and not just a figment of her imagination.

"Hello!!! Please....where are you?! I can't find you!!!" She shouted back, crying out in pain from various parts of her body.

Notty
01-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Owen stopped in his tracks. He did hear someone. "Stay where you are! I'll find you!" He could tell it was a woman's voice and she sounded scared. He began walking faster, wincing in pain as he walked, the blood from the gash soaking through his pants. His eyes scanned the area, trying desperately to find the woman who had been calling out to him.

The darkening sky made it difficult, and the more he looked, the darker it got. "Where were you sitting? What do you see?" He yelled out, knowing the wreckage probably spanned a good quarter mile. He had to find her. He had to help her.

Owen slowly made his way through the wreckage, ever moving closer and closer to Katherine's position.

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Kate couldn't just sit or stand still...She knew that if she stopped, there was the chance she'd fall asleep and she didn't want to and then never wake up again. She was scared but she wouldn't admit it. She wouldn't give in to her fear; not now.

Shivering still from the cold weather, it was getting colder and darker and Kate knew if she didn't find this guy, there was a chance that either of them could get hypothermia or worse.

"Just stay still! I'll find you!!" She shouted out towards his voice. She didn't know anything about this guy and if he was old, he would need help. She couldn't remember in all the panic where she'd been sitting, and then she'd moved seats not long before the crash.

Notty
01-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Owen frowned a bit, hearing her voice, but she was closer this time. "I'm coming! I'll find you!" He called out, now stumbling in the growing darkness of the forest. He groaned as his leg hit up against something. He sucked in a deep breath, trying not to scream in pain.

He continued walking, trying to see the woman for whom he was searching. He has to find her. It would be dark soon. And then it would get cold. And dangerous.

Suddenly up ahead he saw movement, his eyes widening. That had to be her. He hadn't seen anyone else moving. "I'm here!" He called out, waving his arms for a moment before he limped faster towards her.

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Kate heard his groans and hoped he wasn't in too much pain, but sounded like he was worse for wear, worse than her anyway. Kate would cope; she always did.

She needed to find this stranger, she needed to help him. She didn't care about her injuries right now, she'd be alright. "I can hear you! I think you're closer!" She called back to him, pushing her hand down on her side harder, groaning a little in pain.

Trying to look through the smoke and the darkness that was approaching, she managed to spot his waving arms and hobbled in his direction, she almost felt like crying when she saw him. She didn't recognize him from the plane, but then again there had been too many people on board, a lot she wouldn't have recognized anyway.

Notty
01-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Owen nearly cried in relief when he saw her, moving faster until he was to her. Without even thinking, he gently put his arms around her and pulled her against him, hugging her tightly. He held her close, gently rubbing her back as he tried not to cry.

After a few moments he pulled back, "I'm sorry, sorry I'm Owen." He said with a forced smile, his eyes moving over her face in the growing darkness. "Have you seen anyone else? We need to find them and find shelter for the night..."

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Kate let him put his arms around her but couldn't help crying out a little as she was pretty hurt. He was a lot taller than Kate and his hug was one of having found someone, no passion or romance there at all. Kate nearly felt herself give into the tears from before but didn't. She couldn't.

"It's okay, please don't be sorry. I'm Katherine...Kate." She knew she probably looked a mess but right now, there were more important things to be worrying about then how she looked. Her eyes looked down as he asked her and she shook her head.

"No...I haven't...Just the plane...I was near the front..I moved." Her voice was soft and more like a whisper as she replied, shivering as it was getting colder. "Lean on me, we need to move. There might be some caves or something near here." She took his arm and put it around her shoulder, taking some of his weight and helping him to walk, even though she was struggling herself.

Notty
01-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Owen nodded and pulled his arm around her, holding her gently, but as he did, he felt the warmth of the blood from her gash on her side. "What happened?" He asked, glancing down at her, smiling even though he felt horrible. "Lean against me, I think I'm better off than you..."

They walked for a while before they found a grove of trees that provided a pretty good shelter. "Here, this will have to work. It's too dark to continue on." He gently let go of her and helped her down onto the ground. "Here, I've got some stuff in my backpack. Let me look at you..."

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Kate winced as she felt his hand on her side and then felt him pull away from her. "No it's okay, honest...." Her skin was paler than normal but she was strong. Rather than protesting, Kate put her arm around him, leaning against him. He was warm and strong but Kate didn't put all her weight on him.

"I don't care about where we are, this is fine..." Kate whimpered as she managed to sit down, at least the ground was dry and flat. She'd try and get some sleep if she could but right now she couldn't. "No, I'm fine.." As Owen sat down next to her, she saw the blood on his trousers and the blood on his face. "Let me help you first." She took his first aid kit, putting a dressing on his head wound and bandaging his legs as best she could.

Notty
01-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Owen frowned a bit, not wanting her to neglect herself just for him. "I'm okay, really..." He protested as she bandaged him, his eyes moving over her face as she did so, but he wasn't thinking about her or her looks. He was trying to make sense of what had just happened. What they had just been through.

Once she was finished, Owen took the first aid kit and began helping Kate, cleaning her wounds and bandaging them. "Forgive me..." He murmured as he lifted up her shirt and worked on the gash on her side. It was deep and didn't look very good, but bandaging it was the best he could do. "Your ankle is sprained I think, stay here and cover up with my jacket. I'm going to get some firewood..."

Standing with a wince, Owen walked around near where they had settled, picking up sticks and branches until he had an armful, then coming back to Kate's side. He built them up and then found the matches in his back, starting a small fire before he settled back against a tree. "so...what now?" He mused aloud.

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 10:38 PM
"Your legs aren't good so we need to find somewhere tomorrow and get you sorted...I'm no medic, but I think you'll need stitches. I'm just worried about your head injury." She frowned as she finished up patching Owen as best she could.

"It's okay.." She looked at him, wincing as he lifted up her sweater to look at her wound on her side. She could have cried out in pain as he dressed it, but she didn't. She needed to stay strong for him right now, she would come second. She was relieved that it was just a sprain, but it would mean that she'd slow them down. Kate would do her best not to do that. She didn't want to get on the wrong side of this guy.

Before she could say she'd go, he'd given her his jacket and she put it around her shoulders, going to give it him back when he got back. She was grateful for the fire, moving a little closer to get warm, taking his jacket and putting it on his legs. "You need to keep warm. You should get some rest and then in the morning, we'll make tracks and see if we can find somewhere and somebody to help.."

Notty
01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
Owen nodded and smiled weakly, pulling his arm around Kate's shoulder and pulling her close to him. Glancing around for a bit, he turned back to Kate. "I'm not an expert at all, but I'd say we were in Colorado. I saw mountains in the distance. Most likely the Rockies." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, partially stiff from dried blood.

It'd be a long night, and Owen didn't even want to think about what lay in the darkness beyond their fire. And food. And medical help. Suddenly, he felt a responsibility to mate. He had to take care of her, though she seemed more keen to take care of him. "Go ahead and get some sleep. We will need our strength for the morning."

EnglishBelle
01-04-2014, 11:56 PM
Kate jumped a little when Owen put his arm around her. It'd been a long time since anybody had done that, and she'd been deep in thought when he'd done that so wasn't expecting it. She didn't move it, Kate knew they had to get along and she didn't want to fall out with this stranger right now.

"Colorado? Wow...Quite a way from L.A. and New York. Always wanted to see the Rockies." She smiled, trying to joke but then realised that was stupid and her smile faded. She shook her head at his mention of sleep. Kate was tired but her mind was too full to sleep right now.

"I'll stay awake for a few minutes longer. You need more sleep than me and I'll keep the fire going a little longer." She turned to look at him, her emerald green eyes glowing from the light of the fire. She pushed her long auburn hair over her shoulder and looked up to the sky, waiting for him to lie down.

Notty
01-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Owen sighed and looked at Kate, knowing he was fighting a losing battle. He finally laid down near the fire, but kept his eyes on Kate, wanting to be sure that she was okay. "Wake me up if you need anything." He murmured, finally closing his eyes and letting out a long breath. He was surprised with how exhausted he was, the toll of the day finally setting in.

He slept deeply for several hours, but was haunted by vivid and intense dreams of the crash. He survived but no one else did, he was buried by parts of the plane and couldn't get free. He kept screaming for help but no one came. Bolting up, he looked around, panting as sweat poured down his face, looking around for Kate, wanting to be sure she was okay.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 01:06 AM
"I will, just get some rest." She near enough whispered, watching as he lay down as comfortably as he could. Kate was worn out and tired, but she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep. When Kate knew that Owen was asleep, she got up and gathered a little more wood for the fire to keep it burning a little while longer; keep him warm.

She sat down by the fire again, wincing as she sat. Maybe this is how they felt...Alone and scared. She thought to herself. It had been years since her parents had died, but she still thought about them. They had died in a car crash and nobody had found them until it was too late. A few tears fell and she wiped them away roughly as she heard him screaming in his sleep.

She saw him bolt up in his sleep and she moved a little closer. "Did you have a nightmare?" She grabbed a tissue from his pack and wiped his face with it.

Notty
01-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Owen shook his head, not wanting to worry Kate. "I'm okay, really..." He murmured as she wiped his face. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He slowly turned and looked at her, offering a weak smile, "have you slept at all?" Sucking in a long, slow breath, he shook his head, "you need to sleep Kate, your body needs rest to heal."

He wasn't quite sure why, but he pulled his arm around her and held her close to him, gently laying her head on his chest. Owen gently rubbed her back, trying to keep her warm, to help her relax so she could sleep. "Just sleep Kate..." He whispered. "Let's just rest together, let's just sleep."

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 04:00 PM
"You're not a very good liar are you?" She said softly as she wiped his face of sweat. She shook her head as he mentioned sleep. "Nope, but I'm okay, don't worry about me." She smiled a little but it wasn't a proper smile though. She turned a little and looked at his head. It had stopped bleeding but she was more worried about the damage to his head rather than the bleeding.

Kate felt Owen put his arm around her, his hand pushing her back a little to get her to put her head down and she followed. She was too tired to argue or protest right now. His gentle touch on her back and the heat of his body made her feel even more tired than she was and soon enough her eyes were closed, his words so soft and dreamy. She fell asleep quickly, tucked up beside him, trying to keep warm as best she could.

Soon enough, morning came and it was colder than the night. The wind had picked up and the smoke had disappeared. Kate didn't want to look at the wreckage anymore. "Which way do we go? I have no idea...." She was used to having control, knowing what she was doing, but here she had no clue.

Notty
01-05-2014, 04:15 PM
When Owen awoke, he was pleasantly surprised to see Kate still snuggled up against him. For the most part they had stayed fairly warm, but the day wasn't going to be forgiving. He smiled a little when she woke up, trying to figure out what was going on. Thinking for a moment, he turned back to the wreckage. "I know it's probably not what you want, but we should go back to the wreckage. Salvage what we can. Food, clothes, blankets....." He said as he glanced back at her. "If it's easier, I can do it, if you don't think you can handle it."

He pushed himself up off the ground, wincing a bit as he did. "We don't have much of a choice though." He turned and looked at Kate, "you go ahead and stay here, you should keep off your ankle anyways. I'll see what I can find for us." He smiled reassuringly to her. "I'll be right back."

Owen disappeared and slowly made his way back towards the wreckage. It was obvious to him now that they were the only survivors. He shook his head, trying not to see the bodies, trying not to think of the people whose belongings he began to rifle through. He found a cabinet of the airline blankets and pulled them all out, the same with over a dozen water bottles and various snack foods. Finding a large backpack, he dumped out all the contents and then started packing it again. He found several long sleeve shirts, some sweatshirts and coats. Hopefully it would be enough.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Kate was relieved when Owen said that he'd go back to the wreckage but she felt kinda bad as he was in the same state as her. She put her arms around her body to try and keep warm until he was back. While he was gone, Kate wondered if he had any family that would be worried about him, a wife and children perhaps? She wouldn't ask, but she would not start anything or let anything happen until she knew later.

She tried to stand up on her ankle and just about managed, wincing in pain. It was still swollen, but had gone down from yesterday. Her whole body ached and it felt like she'd been hit by a bus. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and pull yourself together woman. She thought to herself.

Owen was back sooner than she'd thought and had a rucksack on his back, which looked to be pretty full. She took it from him and helped him back down. Unpacking it, she found blankets, snacks, bottled water and a few items of clothing. She found a t shirt and sweater that looked to fit Owen and pushed it over to him. "You should get changed into these..." And she pulled out a smaller sweater for her. It was probably one that belonged to a guy, but she wasn't fussy right now.

Notty
01-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Owen took the shirt and the sweater and pulled them on, groaning as he did. His whole body felt sore and stiff. Once he was dressed a little warmer, he looked over at Kate, giving her a small smile.
"Let's eat some and then we can try to figure out what to do from here."

He settled back down on the ground next to her and handed her a bottle of water and some crackers, "I know it isn't much..." He murmured, eating some crackers himself. He looked around as they sat there eating. He was almost positive that they were in Colorado, but where exactly, he didn't know. "Honestly, I don't know enough about Colorado to tell you where we are, or even where we should go. I think our best bet is to just pick a direction and start walking in it, and to stay together."

It was strange, he hadn't even known Kate for more than a days and he couldn't imagine what it would be like without her around. He felt a sense of responsibility for her. That he should take care of her and watch over her. He would certainly do the best he could.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Kate was pretty quiet as she pulled the sweater on and then ate the crackers, not feeling hungry even though her stomach had been growling a little at her. "Thank you." She spoke as he handed her a bottle of water with some crackers. She was grateful for the food even though it wasn't much and she drank about half of the bottle, her throat had been so dry.

"Let me clean your head. Don't want it getting worse. Close your eyes so I can pour a little water on your head." She said softly, pouring the water on a little bit and then gently cleaning the dried blood from his face. Her eyes looked over him as he had his eyes closed. He was quite attractive, but she couldn't think like that right now.

"Are you okay to start? We shouldn't leave it too late, before we know it it'll be dark again soon." Kate packed the few items back in the rucksack properly and put it on, adjusting the straps for her small frame and helped Owen up.

Notty
01-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Owen closed his eyes as she cleaned his head, loving the attention and the softness of her touch. Surely she has someone waiting for her. Someone she takes care of like this. It isn't right for me to think that way. he thought to himself, giving her a small smile.

Owen stood and groaned a little, taking in a sharp breath. He picked up his backpack and pulled it on, shifting it a bit until it was comfortable. "Alright, what direction should we go in?" He asked, glancing around and then back to Kate. "And lean on me, you shouldn't be walking alone. I don't want your ankle getting any worse. Maybe we can find a cave or something." He furrowed his brow and looked up. It looked like it was going to storm.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 07:03 PM
She smiled a little at him as she finished cleaning his head and the dried blood from the side of his face. "Are you okay to walk? We should but with your legs the way they are, we need help. I'm no medic and no expert at first aid." She looked at him a little worried.

"Let's go left....I hope we find somewhere soon and then we can get you patched up." Those cuts on his legs weren't going to get better with all the walking around, especially as it was getting colder with it being winter now. "It's fine, don't worry about me. Just worry about yourself for now, I'm fine...Honest." Kate wasn't one to complain, especially in a situation like this one.

"Well let's just keep going for as long as we can. I'm sure we'll find something, and if you need to stop, let me know." She knew she'd be the slower one of the two and wished he'd kinda go on without her so she wouldn't slow him down. She started walking as quick as she could if you could call her hobbling walking.

Notty
01-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Owen nodded and smiled, holding her close. They walked for a few hours, progressively getting slower and it was getting colder out. Owen held Kate closer as they walked, not saying anything- what was there to say? The cold made his injuries feel even worse, and he was stiff. He glanced over at Kate and smiled a bit. "So tell me about yourself."

He hoped that if they talked it would help take their minds off the pain and the cold, and the nightmare of what just happened. Owen smiled a little bit, "before you tell me though, just...let me take care of you, okay? You seem like you are used to doing things yourself, but you need to let someone take care of you." He dropped his gaze and continued walking, a little embarrassed now that he had said it.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Kate shivered as they walked, knowing it was getting colder but if they stopped they had no shelter; nothing. They had to keep going. Owen put his arm around her, she figured just to keep her warm and to lean on her. For God's sake woman, just pull yourself together. She could imagine her mother telling her to do that and it tweaked at her heart.

"There's not much really to know about me. My full name is Katherine James. I work at Brown and Mitchell Publishing in New York. I was just over there on my travels, but then decided to settle down." That was the truth so why did she feel bad about missing out that her parents died and so that's why she moved all the way from England?

She listened to him and almost felt a little enraged by his comment, feeling like the small woman who couldn't take care of herself but she knew he didn't mean it like that. "I am pretty used to doing things myself yes you have that right...So I apologize now if I don't let you. It's been a long time since someone took care of me." She went quiet.

Soon enough though after hours of walking, they came upon what looked like an old cabin. It seemed disused and appeared abandoned. "I think we should stop here, the weather won't get better and it'll get dark pretty soon." She helped him inside and to sit down on a chair. "So I told you something about me, maybe tell me something about you?"

Notty
01-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Owen shrugged off the backpack once they got inside the cabin. Glancing around, he could tell it hadn't been used in a while, but it would provide good shelter, and didn't seem to have any leaks or holes in the roof. He smiled when he saw an old stack of firewood near the fireplace. "Let me start a fire.." He said as he began to stack the wood inside the fireplace.

Quiet for a while until the fire was burning brightly, Owen finally spoke. "I teach English at NYU. Nothing fancy. Just me. I decided I finally needed a vacation, I wanted to get away to write." He shrugged and shook his head, "guess I got farther than I expected." He glanced over at Kate and smiled a bit. "You need to have a seat and let me look at you, I'm sure your ankle is complaining by now. You should prop it up." He pulled a chair out and pushed it towards Kate. He smiled a bit, "you're all I have, got to take care of you."

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 09:33 PM
The sound of the fire crackling away made her relax a little and soon enough the fire was burning and the cabin was heating up. She was warmer than she had been the previous night. Kate got out a bottle of water for each of them, passing one over to him as he sat down on the chair. She took a sip of hers and stood next to him.

"Wow, so a professor hey? Better than what I do. I'm just a lowly PA...I do everything but nothing important. I loved English when I was at school. I love to read.." She smiled a little and took the chair from him, sitting down next to him. "You really don't you know, I'm a tough nut. Just take care of yourself Owen." I'm sure you have someone to look after back home....

Notty
01-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Owen smiled and shook his head, kneeling down on the ground to look at her ankle. "Even tough nuts need someone to take care of them every now and then," he said as he unwrapped her ankle. It was still swollen and bruised, but not as bad as it had been the previous day. "You'll be okay, just keep off it." He wrapped her ankle again, his touch gentle as he did so.

"I'm sorry about this one," he said, reaching up and lifting her shirts to reveal her side. The bleeding had stopped, but the wound was still serious. "Let me clean it and dress it again." He said, having her lean back a little on the chair. He worked quickly to clean the wound, not wanting to cause her any pain. After he wrapped it again, he let his fingers brush over the bandage before pulling her shirts down. "You'll live." He said with a smile, then it faltered, remembering what had happened to them.

"So, got a fella back in New York?" He said nonchalantly, pulling himself back up into the chair and warming back up. He pulled some mixed nuts from his backpack and handed them to her, drinking some more of his water.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 10:12 PM
"Sorry, I just...I'm not..." She took a breath and then started again. "It's been a long time since anybody did, that's all. Kinda got used to doing it on my own. Sorry." She bit her lip a little, feeling a little bit of a fool. It was kinda nice actually to have someone do this for her.

"Keep off it? No chance when we have lots to walk. I'll be alright. Trust me." She smiled a little, jumping a bit as she felt his fingers on her skin. His touch was gentle and soft and she was grateful to him for looking after her. She bit down on her lip as he cleaned and redressed her side, not wanting to hiss at the pain and show herself up.

She shook her head. "Nope...Just little old me. Guys are only interested in one thing - no offence to you - and plus, I just don't have the time to go out and meet someone. If I wanted to I mean." She blushed a little, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "What about you?" She chewed on some nuts as she sat back and waited for her answer.

Notty
01-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Owen smiled and nodded, "don't knock us all," he chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Maybe you just haven't met the right one." His eyes moved over her face in the darkness, the firelight dancing over her features. "Nope, no one for me. I've been too focused on teaching." He smiled and leaned back, taking a sip of water. "My only companion has been stacks of essays."

As he glanced around the cabin more, he noticed that there was a bed, though rather small. He yawned and stretched, ruffling his hair. "There's a bed here, you can have it, I'll sleep here by the fire." He said softly, dropping his gaze. He hoped that she wouldn't fight him, but had a feeling she would.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 10:49 PM
"To be honest, I'm not sure if I really want to...I just don't know and yeah I guess I haven't. But the next time a guy is interested in me, he can tell me rather than leave me guessing." She sighed and ran a hand over her face, feeling herself blush a little. "Well maybe you just haven't met the right one." She grinned, repeating him. "No seriously though, maybe she's there but you just haven't realised."

Kate stood up and stretched a little, she was getting stiff and the cold didn't help. "Nope. This time is your time to listen. You are having the bed. I will be perfectly fine on the floor." She took a few items of clothing from the bag, pulling on an extra sweater and using the rest to sleep on, throwing a coat over to Owen for him to either wear or use as a blanket.

Notty
01-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Owen shook his head, "no, I'm not going to let you sleep on the floor, you are having the bed, or I'll sleep on the floor next to you." He tried to look serious and not smile, but it was proving to be difficult. His eyes scanned Kate's face, trying to read her. "I don't think you should be on the floor, it's much too cold. Please Kate, take the bed."

He moved over to the bed and sat on the edge, feeling it. Surprisingly soft, he found some blankets in a nearby dresser. "There's a couple blankets here, you'll be plenty warm enough." He smiled and set the blankets on the edge of the bed, then took the clothes out of her hands, making the bed on the floor for himself.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 11:08 PM
What was with him? Why wouldn't he just let her be and stop arguing back? He was like the male equivalent of herself and she smiled a little at that. She shook her head. "You are not sleeping on the floor either if it's too cold. Why don't you.." She bit her lip a little. "Why don't you sleep on the bed with me? We'll keep each other warm and then neither of us will be on the floor?"

Notty
01-05-2014, 11:15 PM
Owen's eyes widened a bit a her suggestion, but he nodded. It was a good idea. "Yeah..." He said with a bit of a smile, then grinned, "don't be trying anything." He chuckled a bit and kicked his shoes off, stoking the fire with more logs and spreading the blankets out on the bed. "You can get in first.." He said softly. The truth was he wanted to be closest to the door, if something happened he wanted it to have to go through him before it got to her.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 11:20 PM
"Ever such the gentleman..." She smiled tiredly at him, rolling her eyes a little and grinning. "I think you'll find it would be the other way round.." She yawned, slipping her sneakers off and slipping under the covers quickly. She was already cold from being away from the fire.

Kate rested against the wall, getting as small as she could so that there would be more room for Owen. She felt the heat from his body as he climbed in, wanting to lean against him but she knew it wouldn't be right. "Goodnight." She whispered, turning over so that her front was facing against the wall, her hair hiding her face from him.

Notty
01-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Owen smiled as he climbed into the bed with her. He saw that she drew away, making herself small and holding against the wall. He shook his head and smiled, "I thought the idea was to stay warm," he whispered, gently placing his arm around her and pulling her towards him. "I promise I won't try anything," he said softly, relaxing with her body close to his. He could feel her warmth as he held her, his chest gently pressing against her back each time her took a breath in. "Goodnight Kate," he whispered, closing his eyes and settling in for the night.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 11:30 PM
"Please don't go. Don't go out tonight, stay in with me, I don't feel well..." She mumbled in her sleep as she shifted a little against his body. Kate had been tossing and turning all night, unable to keep still. "No..No they're not dead...No, don't tell me that!" Her voice became a little raised. "Stop it! Stop it! Just please...I want to see my mum!" She shouted and woke herself up.

Settling back down, she lay down but didn't close her eyes. She couldn't get back to sleep now, but Owen's arms around her made her feel a little safer than normal and protected.

Notty
01-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Owen awoke when she started tossing, feeling her move against him. He opened his eyes and furrowed his brow a bit. He waited, not wanting to wake her up or startle her. What had happened? What was causing this dream? He felt his heart sink as she cried out about someone being dead- her Mother? Was her Father dead as well?

"You're okay Kate..." He whispered, pulling her closer. Owen wasn't quite sure what to do, to be honest, he didn't have a lot of experience in women. So he held her close and brushed his fingers through her hair, trying to help her relax. "I'm here Kate, I won't let you go." He didn't quite know why he was saying this, but it seemed like the right thing to say.

EnglishBelle
01-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Kate felt his arms tighten a little around her but this made it worse. She felt the tears fall down her cheek and shook her head, wiping them away roughly. "I'm okay Owen. I'm sorry..Sorry if I woke you, just go back to sleep." She whispered softly to him.

Here she was in a cabin with a guy she'd met two days ago in a plane wreckage, curled up in bed with him having a bad dream again. Maybe this was all a bad dream...She hoped it was but knew it wasn't. She closed her eyes, hoping that he'd think she was going to sleep and do the same.

Notty
01-06-2014, 12:03 AM
Owen frowned a little, loosening his grip around her. He could feel her tears falling down her cheeks and hitting his arm. He hesitated for a while, not sure what he should do. He wanted to help, but was afraid that he would make it worse. Finally he decided to just go for it.

Pulling his arm out from underneath her, he gently rolled her over so she was facing him. "Hey, Kate I don't know what is wrong, and it isn't my business, but I'm here if you want to talk about it." He smiled a little bit, reaching up and gently brushing away her tears. He put an arm around her, but didn't hold her as tightly as before, not wanting to push himself on her.

EnglishBelle
01-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Kate felt him roll over and so now she was facing him. Oh those eyes...They were so beautiful, being both blue and green. She felt her heart beat a little quicker but then snapped out of it. "Thank you Owen. That means a lot, but I don't want to. It's been a long time since I had a dream like that and I just think all this brought it on. We both could do with getting back to sleep though."

Kate closed her eyes but not before curling up to keep warm and resting her head against his chest. She tried to breathe in his smell but it was hard, what with the smell of smoke and dirt and other things. "Tomorrow we need to get moving, so let's sleep."

In the morning when she woke, she didn't feel so good. Her body ached even more, but she put it down to exhaustion but her head was pounding and she just didn't feel good. She took a bottle of water from the bag and had some, careful not to wake Owen.

Notty
01-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Owen nodded and closed his eyes, keeping Kate close through the night. He slept peacefully through the rest of the night. He woke a little after Kate, groaning softly as he stretched and then sat up. He smiled a bit to Kate, all but forgotten the events of the previous night.

"Good morning," he said with a small smile, standing and shivering a bit. He moved quickly over to the fire and threw a few more logs on the fire. He rubbed his arms and looked over at Kate. He furrowed his brow when he saw her, "you okay?" He asked, noting that she didn't look very good.

EnglishBelle
01-06-2014, 12:37 AM
She took a seat, her stomach doing somersaults inside and Kate closed her eyes, hoping this feeling would go away. She didn't want to slow them both down by being ill. She smiled a little and nodded. "I'm fine. We should get going soon when you've had something to eat."

Without warning, Kate hobbled outside as fast as she could and threw up a little way from the cabin, her hand resting on a tree to keep her steady. Urgh. She hated being sick. She hoped Owen hadn't seen her, but tough luck if he had. Kate would argue with him not to stop for her but to keep going. They needed to keep going and not get stuck in an abandoned cabin in the middle of nowhere.

Notty
01-06-2014, 12:59 AM
Owen stood and went to follow her, but when he heard her being sick, he stayed inside. He waited a little bit, then stepped out with a water bottle. "Hey, here you go...." He said quietly, handing her the water bottle. He wanted to stay close in case she got dizzy or faint. The last thing he wanted was for her to fall and hit her head.

"I can pack everything up while you sit and rest." He said, gently rubbing her back. He stepped inside and quickly packed everything up, rolling up some of the blankets they had found in the cabin and adding them to the pack. While she was outside, he shouldered big bags, knowing that she shouldn't be carrying anything.

Stepping outside, he gave a small smile to Kate, "feel like heading on?"

EnglishBelle
01-06-2014, 09:11 AM
She took the water bottle from him, rinsing her mouth out and drinking a little. "Thanks....I'm fine honest, don't worry about it." She smiled a little, not wanting him to do everything although Kate felt like she could just fall asleep and not wake up for hours right now.

"Yes, let's head on...We need to find somewhere else for shelter, and get someone to check you over...I don't want you getting sick.." She took one of the rucksacks from him and put it on her back. "You may be stronger and taller than me, but that doesn't mean you can carry everything. I can carry this one."

Notty
01-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Owen frowned a bit when Kate took the backpack. "You're a stubborn one, aren't you?" He said with a bit of a smile, but in all honesty, he found it quite endearing. Shaking his head a bit, he moved closer to her. "Carry it as long as you wish, I'll take it when you can't carry it anymore."

Pulling his arm around her waist, he spoke softly, "lean on me, your ankle looks better, but it's still not where it should be. And I know you don't feel well. I can help you, let me help you." He began walking slowly, careful to watch the ground that they were walking on so it was fairly flat and without places they may trip.

EnglishBelle
01-06-2014, 09:39 PM
"Yep I am....Just have to get used to it sorry..." She grinned a little. "You'll say that, but you know that even if I couldn't carry it anymore, I wouldn't tell you." She shifted it on her shoulders to get comfy before they started and soon enough they were on their way.

The weather was a little better today but the sky still looked like it would pour down outside and soak them both in minutes. As he spoke softly to her, Kate found herself blushing, jumping a little as he slipped his arm around her waist. "It'll be alright, but thank you. Okay....Fine, thank you for your help." She smiled softly, leaning on him a little more than before.

Several hours later, when it was growing dark, Kate spotted lights in the distance and she stopped. "Owen, please say you can see those lights too and it's not just me..."

Notty
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
The path was long and painful, but Owen never said a word. Still incredibly sore and stiff, he bore the weight of the backpack and Kate as well. He was hungry and exhausted, and his mind felt blank. He didn't even know how to think about what had happened. What they had survived.

As the sky darkened and evening began to set in, his attention was drawn to Kaye. He squinted a bit, looking into the distance and then cried out. "Kate! Kate those are lights! Oh god, I'm so happy I could....I could...." Then without even thinking, he leaned down and kissed her. The kiss lasted only a few seconds before he pulled away. He blushed a bit and chuckled nervously, "sorry...sorry I didn't mean to...I mean..." He reached back and rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm just happy." He said with a sheepish grin.

EnglishBelle
01-06-2014, 10:24 PM
Before she could reply to him, she felt his lips on hers; he was kissing her. His lips were rough but his kiss was soft and it surprised her. Kate felt her cheeks heating up as he pulled away and smiled. "Oh Owen...I can't believe how close we are! Thank you.." She smiled a little at him as they carried on walking.

"I know we've been walking all day, and it's getting dark, but it's not far now. Another couple of hours at the max and we'll be there." Kate was exhausted and being ill had wiped her out. However, seeing the lights and knowing that civilization was not far now, urged her to push on and eventually they were at the border of the town. Kate's body wanted to stop but her mind and the fact that she was with Owen, willed her to carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Before she could reply to him, she felt his lips on hers; he was kissing her. His lips were rough but his kiss was soft and it surprised her. Kate felt her cheeks heating up as he pulled away and smiled. "Oh Owen...I can't believe how close we are! Thank you.." She smiled a little at him as they carried on walking.

"I know we've been walking all day, and it's getting dark, but it's not far now. Another couple of hours at the max and we'll be there." Kate was exhausted and being ill had wiped her out. However, seeing the lights and knowing that civilization was not far now, urged her to push on and eventually they were at the border of the town. Kate's body wanted to stop but her mind and the fact that she was with Owen, willed her to carry on.

Notty
01-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Owen held her close, keeping her weight on him as they walked. He was happy, incredibly happy. Maybe it was the lighters that were growing brighter the further along that they walked. Or maybe it was the fact that he had kissed a girl that he really liked- and he thought that she had kissed back.

"Do you think it's a town or something?" He said, trying to discern what exactly what they were looking at. "Maybe we can get help. We can find a hospital." He smiled a little more, thinking that they would finally get warm, they'd finally get help. But then again, he would most likely have to say goodbye to Kate. He cleared his throat a little, holding her closer.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 10:43 AM
An older couple who were out, going home from the bar where they'd just celebrated the birth of their grandson, spotted Owen and Kate. At first, they just stared at the couple as they were too far away, but when they got nearer, they could spot how bad they were and rushed to help.

"Oh you poor dears! What happened to you?" The woman asked as they both helped Kate and Owen into their truck. "Oh no, you weren't in that awful plane crash were you? I only read about it on the news a day ago and they didn't think many had survived...I told Fred that was wrong." She smiled and sat in the drivers seat.

"Joan, leave them alone. We'll take you both to the hospital, looking at the state of you, you both need checking out." The old man smiled as they drove them both there. "We'll leave you from here, but there's a motel not far from here if you want to stay. Just tell 'em Fred sent you..." He helped Owen out and Joan helped Kate.

Notty
01-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Owen had never been happier to see people in his life. He didn't say much, simply followed them into the car, letting his body finally somewhat relax as he sat inside while they drove them to the hospital. He reached over and took Kate's hand as the couple drove them to the hospital, wanting to know that she was near him and safe.

Once they were out of the car, Owen helped Kate into the hospital. A nurse spotted the both of them and immediately rushed over. A wheelchair was brought for each of them, and they were rushed away. When Owen saw that he and Kate were being taken in separate directions, he began to panic. "No! Kate!" He called out, trying to move out of the chair, but he was too weak and she was already out of sight

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Kate normally would have protested and argued and shouted, but she just didn't have any energy anymore. All that had been used trying to get here and now she was wiped out. She was finding it hard to stay awake as she was examined. She was changed into a hospital gown and she was given a wash. The doctor frowned at her wound on her side but Kate didn't care now. Once her wounds had been dressed and her ankle elevated, Kate slipped into sleep.

The nurse could see how distressed Owen was getting from being away from that woman, so arranged for his bed to be next to hers so that he didn't injure himself further.

Notty
01-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Owen was brought into a room after being examined. He too was changed washed and then taken care of. He had been given stitches across his legs, and some muscle relaxers to help with the stiffness from the crash. He was exhausted, his body finally feeling like it could rest.

He glanced around as the nurse wheeled him into a room, thinking of Kate. Where she may be, what may be wrong with her. Owen couldn't help but smile a bit when he saw her sleeping on the other bed in the room he was brought into. After being helped into bed, Owen turned and looked at Kate, smiling wearily until sleep overtook him.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 11:08 AM
She had another nightmare. This time it was to do with the plane crash. Kate tossed and turned and then began to scream. Scream as the plane went down, scream as she saw all the dead bodies, scream as the wreckage was littered all around, the worst thing being that she saw Owen. He was lying on the ground but he wasn't asleep. In her nightmare, he was dead.

Notty
01-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Owen groaned softly, a sound pulling him from the depths of his sleep. What was it? He couldn't quite put his finger on the sound. And then he knew it. It was Kate. She was screaming like she had been that night in the cabin. His eyes flew open and he looked over at her. Despite what the nurses had said about him staying in bed, he climbed out and over to Kate's bed, brushing his hand over her cheek.

"Kate, Kate it's okay. You're safe." He whispered, hoping to calm her down. He took her hand in his free hand, squeezing gently as he watched her face. "We're safe now Kate, I won't leave you."

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 11:23 AM
With all the screaming going on, a nurse rushed in. She frowned as she saw Owen out of bed but she was more concerned about Kate right now. Getting out a needle, she filled it with something. "It's alright, it's just something to calm her down. She needs rest - both of you do." She injected Kate and she whimpered as she felt the needle in her arm, but soon enough she was calm and her hand went loose in Owen's grip.

"Everybody....leaves me..." She whispered before heading back into her dreamless sleep.

Notty
01-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Owen watched as the nurse injected Kate with something, but she soon calmed down and seemed to be slipping back into sleep. The words she murmured though before she fell asleep broke his heart. "I'm not leaving you Kate." He whispered, groaning softly as he pushed himself up a bit and kissed her cheek.

After pleading with the nurse for a few minute, Owen's bed was scooted over right next to Kate's. He climbed into his bed and laid on the edge, reaching over and taking her hand. He closed his eyes, sleep soon overtaking him again.

The nurses stood at the door, looking at the couple and talking. "Are they married?" One asked the others, and they shook their head. "Not sure who they are really. Most likely from the plane crash. I didn't see any rings..." The nurses shook their heads, another speaking up, "just make them comfortable and keep them together. God knows what they went through to get here."

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 11:55 AM
Over the next few days, they both got better but they weren't let out until the doctors had given them the final once over. Kate's ankle was better but she'd been told to take it easy on it, as had Owen with his legs being what they were.

The day came when they were allowed to go and all the nurses said goodbye to them like they were celebrities, or film stars. As far as Kate was concerned, she just wanted out of the hospital. She didn't much like them, but if she had to be there, she had to be there. As they both walked out together, heading towards the motel that Fred had told them about, Kate didn't say a word but slipped her hand into Owen's.

Notty
01-07-2014, 12:01 PM
Owen smiled when he felt Kate's hand in his, glancing over to her. They had been contacted by the authorities and each been given a hefty stipend by the airline company.

Letting out a long sigh, Owen looked over to Kate. He opened his mouth several times to speak, but never knew quite what to say. He knew that soon they would be saying goodbye. And he most likely would never see her again. He held her hand a little tighter as they walked.

Coming to the hotel, they stepped inside the lobby and were greeted by the receptionist. "Can I help you?" She asked with a friendly smile, "uh yeah, Fred sent us...we need a from. Er, rooms..." He furrowed his brow a little and looked at Kate, unsure if she would still want to share a room or not.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 12:09 PM
"Okay that's fine, we have a couple of rooms available..." Before the receptionist could say anything else, Kate stopped her. "Thank you, but it's just the one room we need. As long as there's a bed and it's clean with a bathroom, we don't mind." She smiled a little at the receptionist who nodded and booked them in.

"There you go. It's on the second floor, room 12. If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to call down. Enjoy your stay!" she called to them as they went up the stairs.

As Kate opened the door, she sighed softly and went and sat on the bed, slipping her sneakers off. "I think we need to go shopping..For some new clothes. I hope you don't mind I said about the room..I..just...Just it seems silly to pay for two rooms when we could share." She felt herself blush and feel stupid. "I'm going to go have a shower..." She headed into the bathroom, glad to finally wash her hair and wash herself properly.

Notty
01-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Owen followed her up the stairs, shutting the door behind them. He watched quietly as she moved to the bed, unable to keep from smiling when he saw her blush. "Yeah, no, it's fine. I don't mind." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I just didn't know if you were sick of me yet," he said with a sheepish grin.

"I'll see about getting a car or something so we can get to the store. Some new clothes would be great." He smiled and nodded, "I'll be here. You want me to order some food or something?" He shrugged a bit and called down for some sandwiches and soup, flopping down onto the couch. His legs were still sore, and his bruises were fading, but the whole thing was still pretty fresh. He really hadn't allowed himself to think about the situation. All he cared was that Kate was safe.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 03:13 PM
She smiled and nodded at the suggestion of food. She wasn't all that hungry but she'd feel bad for saying no, and she'd try to eat a bit when it came. Kate switched the shower on and let the water heat up a little as she got undressed. She looked at herself in the full length mirror. She looked awful. Her hair was long and had lost its' shine, her body was covered in bruises and she looked like she'd been through the wars. There was an ugly looking scar where she'd hurt herself on her side, but hopefully in time it would get better and fade.

Standing under the hot water, Kate sighed and closed her eyes. She took time to wash herself properly, wash her long auburn hair. Even though she could make herself clean, she'd never forget the smell of the wreck. The smell of death. Switching the shower off, she pulled a large towel around her and sat down, beginning to dry her hair with the hair dryer.

Having found two robes hanging up in the bathroom, Kate slipped into one and it swamped her. She pulled it tight around her and left her hair loose down her back. She made her way back into the bedroom and lay down on the bed. "Bathroom's free." She said softly as she looked up at the ceiling.

Notty
01-07-2014, 03:20 PM
Owen glanced over at her as she exited the shower. A half eaten sandwich in his hand, he smiled when he saw her. He had never seen her before the wreck, so he didn't know what she normally looked like, but he thought she looked absolutely gorgeous just as she was now.

"Oh...great..." He murmured, taking the last couple bites of his sandwich. "There's plenty for you," he said with a smile as he stood, pushing off his shoes near the door.

He stepped inside the bathroom and quickly shed his clothes. He couldn't wait to get properly clean. Turning on the water, it was already warm from Kate's shower. He stepped underneath the shower head and sighed. It felt amazing. He took his time showering, but it didn't matter how hard he scrubbed, he still felt dirty. Like there was a later of grime he couldn't get rid of.

"I think I need to find a razor..." He said, rubbing his chin as he stepped out into the room, the robe wrapped around his body. He grinned a little, his hair was a mess, but the stubble on his face was actually quite attractive.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 03:27 PM
"Thanks.." She smiled, sliding from the bed and going over. She took a sandwich and ate half, but had nearly a full bowl of soup. She had been more hungry than she'd thought she was. She heard him in the shower and she found herself blushing as she stared at him when he came back into the room.

"Well ermm, I think it looks alright for now." She smiled, chewing her lip and looking away. "The stubble kinda suits you.." Urghhhh...embarrassing! Well done stupid. "Thanks for the food by the way. You've still some soup left and you can finish my other half of sandwich if you like, I won't eat it."

Knowing that she had no clothes to sleep in, Kate pulled back the covers and slid into the bed still wearing her robe. It wasn't all that comfy, but it was the best she'd had in the few days. She yawned a little and tried to stay awake. She didn't want to fall asleep before Owen.

Notty
01-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Owen grinned wider when she said she liked his stubble, rubbing his hand over it again. "Well then, maybe I'll keep it." He said, taking another bite of a sandwich. "I think I'll just put it in the fridge for now, I'm more tired than anything."

He worked on cleaning up their food, putting it away in the small fridge in their room before moving over to the bed. He started to pull the blankets back, then remembered that Kate was just in a robe. "Do you...want me in the bed with you? I can sleep on the couch. Since we are just in robes..." He blushed a little, looking at Kate. God, she's beautiful. Even like this. I can't lie, I've gotten used to waking up beside her. I kind of like it.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Her green eyes stared up at him as he stood by the side of the bed, waiting for her permission. She shook her head. "No, you're not sleeping on the couch. It'll be fine. I trust you." She smiled, yawning a little and curling up on her side of the bed. It had been a long time since she'd slept in a bed with someone.

Notty
01-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Owen nodded and climbed under the blankets. He pulled them over him and Kate and then gently rested his arm over her body like he had at the cabin. "Goodnight Kate," he whispered, holding her close as he drifted to sleep. He wasn't quite sure why, but he wanted her close, wanted to be sure she was safe.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
During the night, Kate whimpered a little but didn't shout or scream like she had done. She rolled over so that she was curled up next to Owen, it looked almost like he was spooning her. Being close to him again brought her no nightmares, and Kate slept peacefully for once.

In the morning when she woke up, Kate found herself wrapped up beside Owen. She blushed, her pulse a little quicker and her heart beating, but she didn't move. She closed her eyes again, pulling his arm over her a little more and holding onto him. She didn't know what would happen soon, and so would spend as much time next to him as she could.

Notty
01-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Owen awoke the next morning, and smiled to himself when he saw Kate curled up against him, his arm around her. He looked at her for a moment, and then figuring she was asleep, pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "I don't want to let you go Kate," he whispered, barely audible.

He laid there, just holding her. He would let go when she woke up. But for now, he held her in his arms, safe and content.

EnglishBelle
01-07-2014, 10:06 PM
"And I don't want you to.." She whispered back, rolling over so that she was facing him. She cupped his cheek with her hand, her thumb stroking his cheek. "But this isn't going to work though Owen." She sighed and looked down. She couldn't stay in this bubble for much longer.

She'd need to go back, sort out the paperwork, go back to work and live the same mundane life as before. Nothing would change, it would all go back to normal. Kate would miss Owen, but she knew that she'd have to get over him. Plus, a college professor would never look at her. He could be with someone who was much more intelligent than her, smarter than her; more beautiful too.

Notty
01-08-2014, 12:04 AM
Owen frowned a bit and then lifted her chin with his hand. He opened his mouth to answer her, but then he leaned forward and kissed her deeply. There was so much behind the kiss- all he wanted to say, all he felt. "I want it to work Kate," Owen whispered softly when he pulled away from the kiss. "I don't want to lose you."

His eyes moved over her face, taking her in. He couldn't believe how beautiful she was. That he woke up with her by his side. He felt like the luckiest man alive. Owen smiled gently, reaching up and brushing a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Kate felt him lift her chin up to look up into his eyes, but before she could protest, his lips were on hers. She felt her lips being crushed underneath his in a passionate deep embrace and she just melted under his touch. She was dizzy with excitement and when he broke the kiss, she didn't know what to say.

"You really...really want this to work? You really do?" She whispered, feeling herself blush as he tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. He's different. Not like the others. He won't hurt you if you take the chance and let him in. She pressed a small kiss to his cheek and then rested her head back on the pillow next to him just looking at him, running her fingers along his jaw and down his neck.

Notty
01-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Owen smiled and nodded, cupping his hand at the base of her neck. "I really do Kate. I can't imagine life without you. I don't want to." He closed his eyes to her touch, feeling shivers run through his body- but instead of feeling cold, warmth spread through his body. He leaned down the kissed her forehead. "I want you Kate, I want you and your stubbornness and your arguing." He smiled a little more and looked at her, "I want your beauty and your charm, how you look when you sleep...I want it all."

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 12:22 AM
She bit down on her lip as he spoke. He really means it. She looked down and then back at him, her green eyes meeting his. "I'm not used to this, I've never done the whole romantic thing before, so you'll have to go easy on me." She smiled softly and sighed when he kissed her forehead.

"I want to try. I really do. Just please don't rush me or anything, there are a lot of things that you don't know about me and I don't feel I can share straight away." She moved her head to lean against his chest. "We should really get some clothes sorted out right? And then sort out travel and other things...Can we go by coach this time? Or something else?"

Notty
01-08-2014, 12:28 AM
Alex nodded and smiled, pulling his arms around her. "I haven't either. I don't want to rush." He smiled and lay down beside her, kissing her cheek before he spoke again. "What about a rental car? We could drive back to New York together.. It would give us a chance to talk and get to know each other better."

Alex called down for a taxi, wanting to go to the store to buy clothes. "How long do you want to stay here?" He asked Kate. "The taxi to take us to get some clothes, but we can stay as long as you would like." Honestly he just wanted more time with her.

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 12:35 AM
She shook her head at the idea of a rental car. "I love the idea of having a chance to talk, but after what we've just been through, I'd rather have someone else drive so I'd prefer a coach, but we can talk on there and I can lean on you when I'm sleepy." She grinned and climbed out of bed, stretching a little and running her fingers through her hair.

"If I'm honest, I miss my own bed. I'm not usually very good at sleeping in hotels, but this time it's different." She smiled softly towards Owen. "How about we get some clothes and then go look at coach times? Hopefully there's one in the next couple of days and we can have one more night here...What do you think?" During the night her robe had loosened a little and her shoulders were slightly exposed.

Notty
01-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Owen smiled and nodded, his eyes moving over Kate as she stood, watching her exposed shoulders as she stood. He grinned, feeling his cheeks flush a bit. "You're beautiful," he murmured, standing and moving to where his clothes lay. He started tugging on his jeans, glancing over at her every now and then.

Once he had gotten dressed, he glanced over to Kate, smiling wider. "You ready?" He asked softly, unable to keep his eyes off of her. "where shall we go? We have plenty of money..."

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 01:05 AM
"Hold your horses, let me get dressed first!" She grinned and rolled her eyes mockingly at him. Taking her dirty clothes, she disappeared into the bathroom, slipping her jeans and sneakers on before the t shirt and sweater over her head. Coming out, she pushed her hair over her shoulder.

"To be honest, I don't really care right now. Just a general clothes store will do. I only need a fresh pair of clothes for the journey back, and then I'll get some when I get home." Kate wasn't good at spending money on clothes, or on herself for that matter. She'd always learnt to budget and spend her money on things she actually needed.

Notty
01-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Owen chuckled as she scolded him, sitting on the edge of the bed as he waited for her to get dressed. When she came out, he stood and smiled, offering her his arm. "Shall we, my lady?" He asked, taking her arm and escorting her out of the hotel room and down to the lobby.

The taxi was waiting for them, and Owen opened the door for her, letting her climb in before he followed her in. "Where to?" The older gentleman asked, glancing back at the couple. Owen looked to Kate and then to the driver. "Just the nearest clothing store please." The old man nodded and began to drive. Owen settled back, slipping his hand in Kate's and holding it tightly.

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 01:32 AM
She took his arm and smiled. "Why thank you kindly sir..." She grinned and went down with him to get the taxi outside. Kate was still pretty exhausted even though she'd slept a lot last night. She felt like she could sleep for hours more though.

She blushed and smiled at Owen as she felt him hold her hand, her heart beating quicker. So this is what it feels like then. When you like someone. They finally reached the store and went round it together. Finding a pair of jeans to fit her and just a plain grey t shirt and dark blue hoodie, she went to the changing rooms to check that they fit her okay. She was surprised when they were too big. "Gotta eat more.." She grinned at herself. Going back out, she shook her head at Owen. "Just gotta change these for a smaller size and then I'm good to go."

Notty
01-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Owen held her hand as they walked around the store, feeling oddly comfortable. He liked being with Kate like this. It felt normal, relaxed. He nodded as she came out of the dressing room, chuckling a bit. "Yeah, my jeans were too small too." He walked with her back through the store, exchanging his jeans for a smaller size. He had grabbed a plain white tshirt and a light blue plaid shirt, along with some pajama bottoms.

When he glanced at what Kate had in her hands, he smiled a little, giving her a playful nudge. "Not planning on wearing anything to bed?" he asked, his eyes going to the stack of clothes, not seeing any pajamas. He laughed a little, "I'm just teasing. Or are you hoping on wearing this shirt of mine to bed?" He watched her for a reaction, then leaned down and whispered in her ear, "I wouldn't mind if you did, I bet you'd look stunning."

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 11:23 AM
"Oh erm, I guess I should grab some pyjamas then...I wasn't thinking.." She said a little shocked, her cheeks reddening as she disappeared for a few minutes. She came back with a grey tank top and a pair of red shorts. "These'll do. I'm not that fussy as long as I'm comfortable." She smiled and they went off to pay.

"I think if we grab something to eat and then go to the coach station and see if we can get a coach back to New York tomorrow...Is that alright with you?" Kate looked at Owen and then did something that she wouldn't have thought about doing before. She kissed his cheek softly as they stood there in the street. She blushed and smiled. "Looks like there's a park over there. How about I go grab us some food, you find us somewhere to sit in the park and I'll join you first?"

Notty
01-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Owen smiled widely when Kate kissed his cheek, and he reached down and squeezed her hand gently. "That sounds perfect," he said with a smile, "I'm not a picky eater, so whatever you get will be great." He said with a smile, then leaned down and pecked her on the lips quickly. "I'll be waiting for you."

Crossing the street, Owen found a park bench near a small pond and settled down. He had a large smile on his face, still unable to comprehend how he had gotten so lucky, how Kate was actually interested in him. He hand a hand over his face and shook his head a bit. Guess it wasn't totally bad, something good did come of it. he thought to himself, then settled back, waiting for Kate.

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 11:42 AM
She went to a cafe she'd seen a couple of shops down from where they'd been stood. She ordered a large portion of fries, two lots of sandwiches and half a blueberry pie for them to share. She grinned at the amount of food, but she knew she could eat anything and not put that much weight on - must be all the nervous energy from running around all day.

Crossing the road and entering the park, it wasn't long before she spotted Owen sitting near a pond and smiled at him. He was handsome in a rugged way and hopefully now the advances made on her by her boss would stop when she told him she had a boyfriend. Either that or they'll get worse. She went up behind him, putting one hand over his eyes. "Guess who.." She whispered, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek from behind him.

"I hope you're hungry, I got food.." She grinned, holding the bag up and then starting to get the food out. "Fries and lots of them..sandwiches and pie for after!"

Notty
01-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Owen jumped a bit when she covered his eyes, having been lost in thought, but he smiled widely when he heard her voice and felt her lips against his cheek. When Owen saw the amount of food, he laughed, "I should have found a picnic table!" He joked, scooting down on the bench to make room for Kate.

He ate until he could eat no more, having polished off a sandwich, half of the fries and then half of the pie. He leaned back and stretched, feeling satisfied. "I don't know if I'd make it to the coach station." He chuckled, "I'm full enough now I could just go back to bed." Leaning over, he kissed her on the cheek and then pulled his arm around her. "Doesn't matter what we do, as long as it's together."

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Kate had eaten the other half of the food so nothing was left. She sat on the floor and lay back, staring up at the sky with her hand on her stomach. "I know what you mean..." She grinned and looked at him before sitting next to him. "Well why don't I go to the coach station and you go back to the room? Once I'm done, I'll come straight back and we can have a little post lunch snooze." She kissed his cheek and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You know..When we go back, I was thinking..I might try and get a better job. I've got a degree you know." She grinned. "I'm not all hair and big eyes.."

Notty
01-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Owen pulled his arm around her and smiled, gently rubbing her side. "It's okay, I'll come with you. A little walk would do me good, and then I'll sleep really well." He turned and kissed the top of her head, laughing a bit. "Your stubbornness doesn't come with that?" He said with a grin, teasing her. "You're brilliant," he said with a smile, tilting her head up and kissing her gently. "You'll be perfect, no matter what you do."

Standing and then gathering their bags in one hand, Owen took Kate's hand in the other and began walking towards the coach station. He was full, he was happy and he was with the girl he loved.

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 12:28 PM
"Well obviously." She grinned, sticking her tongue out at him. "There's my amazing personality and wit to match too...Don't forget that.." She laughed a little, shaking her head. "Thanks you.." She failed to mention that her degree was in Photojournalism and that she would try to apply to be a war photographer or journalist. She kept that quiet for now after what had happened.

They checked the times and there was a coach tomorrow at 11am. That would allow them time to have a shower and grab some breakfast before heading off. It would take them a whole day to travel but Kate didn't mind, she would rather travel by coach than plane.

Notty
01-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Owen walked with Kate back to the hotel, his hand in hers. He was incredibly happy, keeping her close as they walked. When they reached the hotel, he opened all the doors for her, trying to be a gentleman. Once back in their hotel, he dropped their bags on the couch, letting out a sigh as he pushed his shoes off.

"I don't understand how I can be so tired, but I am." He said with a smile, moving towards the bed. He laid down on one side of it and closed his eyes. "Are you coming to bed?" Owen asked softly, then smiled a bit to himself. He liked the sound of that.

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 02:41 PM
"I will in a minute, I'm just going to use the bathroom..." She smiled and disappeared for a few minutes. Kate came back and smiled at Owen lying there with his eyes closed. She bit her lip a little, slipping her shoes off and curling up on the side unoccupied. She curled up by him, feeling how warm his body was and sighed. A sigh of content as she nestled closer to him, drifting off into sleep.

Notty
01-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Owen opened his eyes a little when he felt her climb onto the bed and curl up beside him. Smiling, he pulled his arm around her and held her close. "Sleep well Kate," he whispered, pressing a kiss to her temple before shutting his eyes again, quickly drifting to sleep.

He slept for several hours, waking late in the afternoon. Blinking several times, he looked around, smiling when he saw that Kate was still nestled up against him. I have never felt this way for someone before. I can't imagine my life without her. I don't want to imagine my life without her.

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 03:13 PM
"Stop watching me while I'm sleeping.." She mumbled, rolling over to face him and opening her eyes. Those beautiful emerald green eyes staring up at him. "Have we been asleep long?" She yawned and stretched, her t shirt riding up a little as she did so.

"Are you hungry yet? I know we've already been sleeping, but I think we should get some food and then have an early night as it's a long time until we're back in New York." She sighed, not really wanting to go back, but right now she didn't have a choice.

Notty
01-08-2014, 03:16 PM
Owen laughed a little and then leaned down and kissed her, "I can't help it," he said with a smile, his hand moving to her side and rubbing gently. He glanced at the clock then back to her, "just a few hours." His hand remained on her side, half on her shirt half on her skin. "That would be a good idea." He shook his head, looking out the window. "Seems like a million years since we were there. I don't even know how to go back."

EnglishBelle
01-08-2014, 04:08 PM
She felt his soft and warm touch on her skin and blushed again. Urghh, you gotta stop blushing at every thing. She mentally scolded herself. "I know what you mean, but we have to...We can't just stay here forever. Surely you have family and friends to get back to? Plus there's your job. Your colleagues." She sighed and sat up, running her fingers through his hair softly.

"How about I go and get some food then? You can stay here and play housewife?" She grinned. "I'll be the big man who brings home the food..." She laughed a little, grabbing a hair clip and piling her hair on top of her head.

Notty
01-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Owen chuckled, "shall I wear an apron, perhaps hold a feather duster?" he teased, leaning up and pecking her lips quickly. "That's fine, I'll be here. Might look into getting a bag for our things. Its rather awkward just carrying around clothes."

Standing, he stretched and then looked at Kate. He couldn't get enough of her, each glance of her made him want to look and watch her more. "You're beautiful." he said with a smile, reaching out and taking her hand, he pressed a kiss to it. "Now get to it, bring home the bacon."

EnglishBelle
01-09-2014, 12:56 AM
"Hmmmm maybe...They might suit you.." She grinned, smiling softly as he kissed her lips. Kate loved the feel of his lips against hers, and would have let him kiss her for much longer if she hadn't have been as hungry as she was. "Yeah that's true. Okay, well I'll see what I can get." She smiled, putting her shoes on. Her heart melted when he told her she was beautiful. Nobody had ever told her that before. Hot yes, cute yes but not beautiful. "You're not so bad yourself!" She laughed before heading out.

Kate had seen a small pizza place down from the cafe where she'd gone to at lunch and so decided on that. The only thing was the toppings but she had a feeling he wouldn't mind as long as it was food. She decided on double pepperoni with extra cheese. Couldn't go wrong with that. She went for the biggest they did and a large bottle of soda they could share.

Going back up to the room, she knocked before she went in. "Honey, I'm home!" She called out, grinning as she walked in.

Notty
01-09-2014, 01:11 AM
Owen leaned up, a mischevious grin on his face. He had tucked a towel into the front of his jeans to look like an apron, and was busy ironing her socks. "Oh, hello sweetheart!" He called in a high pitched voice. "I have been ironing your socks and making the bed!" He motioned back towards the bed that he had sloppily made.

Unable to keep up the charade, Owen laughed, throwing his head back as he did. "Hey babe..." he murmured, his cheeks warming a bit as he realized that he had called her 'babe'. He took the pizza box from her, smiling even more. "This smells amazing..." he said as he carried it over to the small desk, opening it up. "Perfect. Pepperoni is my favorite." he said with a smile.

Pulling the other chair from the desk out, he moved it close to his. "Come on and sit, lets eat."

EnglishBelle
01-09-2014, 01:17 AM
She laughed and shook her head as she saw him with the towel apron and ironing her socks. "Oh well you have been busy.." She grinned. "But I've brought home the bacon..Well this time it's pizza." She raised an eyebrow at him sitting by the desk at a chair.

"Erm I think you've got some learning to do Professor.." She grinned and took the pizza box from him. Kate took it and jumped onto the bed, getting comfy as she slipped off her shoes and switched the tv on. "This is what you're meant to do with pizza and a hotel room silly..."

Notty
01-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Owen laughed and moved onto the bed beside her, gently nudging her with his shoulder. "Hey now...we Professors know how to have fun. In a...dignified way." He grinned and grabbed a piece of pizza, taking a bite. "Now don't get it on my freshly made bed! I spent a lot of time on that!"

He looked over to her multiple times, taking in her beauty. He loved how her cheeks flushed when he touched her, how her nose wrinkled when she laughed, and how she rolled her eyes when she thought he was being ridiculous. Owen could feel himself falling harder and harder for this girl.

EnglishBelle
01-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Taking a slice of pizza and beginning to eat it, Kate couldn't help but take the odd glance at Owen. She just couldn't understand how he was still single. She knew that it wasn't all to do with looks, but he was attractive. She loved his eyes and how they lit up when he started talking about something and got excited, the way his hair did that slight floppy thing when he'd run his hand through it and the way in which his fingers danced over her skin.

As she began to think of those things, she felt herself blush and when she noticed he wasn't eating a slice of pizza, she pressed her lips to his softly. She had wanted to do that for a while, but didn't want him thinking that she wanted more than that right now.

Notty
01-09-2014, 02:17 AM
Owen smiled when Kate kissed him, and gently pulled his arms around her, kissing her back deeply. He couldn't get enough of her, and to be honest, he wanted to make out with her like a pair of teenagers, but didn't think it was appropriate.

He smirked and pulled back a little, "are you coming on to me?" He teased, kissing her again, his hands gently holding her waist as his eyes moved over her face.

EnglishBelle
01-09-2014, 04:17 PM
She looked at him in mock disgust and rolled her eyes. "Of course not! What do you take me for?" She saw the look on his face and couldn't keep it in anymore. She shook her head and laughed at him before kissing his lips softly again. "Sorry, I was only joking...But it would be nice to cuddle up with you though after this pizza..and ermm maybe kiss a little more too.." She felt herself blushing.

Soon enough Kate had finished nearly half of the pizza and lay back on the bed with her head near his lap looking up at Owen. "Right, no more for me...I'm stuffed.." She moved her hand up and stroked along his jaw.

Notty
01-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Owen smiled and stretched out next to Kate, pulling his arm around her and placing a kiss on her lips. "Are you satisfied my dear?" He said with a soft smile, gently rubbing her side.

He was in awe with the woman that lay beside him, honestly surprised that she was still there, he had never had such luck with women before. He usually never made it to a second date.

Leaning down, he kissed her temple, his hand moving up and cupping her cheek. He swallowed hard. "Kate, I don't know if it's too soon, and I know it may be.." He began, looking at her as he brushed her cheek with his thumb. "But I care a lot about you," he smiled and looked into her eyes, following the depths of their emerald color. "You mean the world to me, and I'll always be here for you."

EnglishBelle
01-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Kate snuggled a little closer to him as he pulled his arm around her. "I am indeed...Pizza and a cute guy next to me? Couldn't be better." She smiled and purred a little; grinning at him. "You okay sweetie?" She sighed and stretched a little.

Kate's heart began to beat faster and she got that fuzzy feeling in her stomach as she felt his hand cup her cheek. She felt herself redden a little and her eyes closed a little as a soft breathy sigh left her throat. "You mean it Owen? You hardly know me...Please don't say these things if you don't mean them.."

Notty
01-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Owen stopped her words with a kiss, pulling his arms behind her and holding her close as he kissed her. It was tender and gentle, but also emotional. Pulling back slowly, he smiled, then kissed her forehead. "I mean it Kate," he whispered, brushing some loose strands of hair from her face.

He held her there, not wanting to let her go. Not wanting the moment to end. It was so intimate, so perfect. He swallowed again, then pulled her close, just holding her. God knows he wanted to make love to her, but he didn't want to push it, he cared for her too much.

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Before she could say anything else, Kate felt his lips on hers and it melted her. She sighed softly, her body relaxing into his hold as he kissed her. It was a kiss that was gentle and loving, one that told her that he meant it. When he brushed the few strands of hair from her face, she closed her eyes briefly, feeling his fingers linger on her skin.

She wanted to say something, but at this moment in time, nothing seemed to fit right so she didn't say anything. Instead, Kate just enjoyed this moment of being close to him. Hearing his heart beating. Feeling the warmth of his body next to hers.

Kate nestled into his hold a little more, draping one arm across his chest and holding onto him gently. She'd never had this before with anyone and she didn't want to rush things with Owen. "Don't let me go.." She eventually whispered, tilting her head up a little so that her large green eyes met his.

Notty
01-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Owen smiled and shook his head, letting his eyes meet hers. Damn those eyes, I'd do anything to have her look at me like this all the time. "I don't want to." He whispered, pressing a kiss to her forehead again. He smiled a little more, then spoke again. "When I told you earlier that you were beautiful, you looked surprised." His thumb traced over her chin and up her jaw. "As if you've never really heard it." He leaned down and kissed her tenderly. "If that is the truth, then there is a world full of blind men." He smiled and settled a little closer to her.

"Because it isn't just your looks. Though, you are radiant and beautiful. You are smart, stubborn, witty, funny." He smiled, holding her close as he spoke. "You are beautiful Kate." He whispered as he laced his fingers with hers. Then kissing her hand, he whispered, "don't you forget it."

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 12:58 AM
Even though he said he wouldn't and that he cared, there was still that little bit of doubt for Kate. She liked him, but she didn't know if he really would stay. She found her breathing to become a little heavier and her heart felt like it was going to escape from her chest when Owen traced his thumb along her jaw. "That's true...I mean, I'm not being shallow, but guys say that I'm hot and cute and gorgeous, but I've never had anyone say that I was beautiful." She smiled and blushed at what he said. He certainly had a way with words.

"And you have a way with words.." She smiled as she pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. "Yes well, if you say I'm stubborn now...You'll find me to be extremely stubborn later on then.." She grinned. "I won't if you're going to keep saying it." She smiled and kissed his hand back, pressing a few kisses to his palm and then his wrist.

Leaning over to check the time, she rolled back and yawned a little. "I think I might get some sleep now. I'm getting tired anyway, and I want to be up early to grab a shower before I head out of here.."

Notty
01-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Owen smiled, "I do teach English my dear, words are my life." He said softly, his eyes closing as she kissed his palm and wrist. He wanted to stay like this, but Kate moved, glancing to the clock.

"Before you leave?" He chuckled, "already decided you've had enough of me?" He said, teasing her as he stole another kiss. "But I think you're right," he leaned up and stretched, pulling off his shirt as he walked over and grabbed the pajama pants. Across his toned back was a long, jagged scar. "Give me two minutes and you can have the bathroom beautiful."

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 01:25 AM
"No of course not silly..." She grinned and swatted him playfully on his chest. "We haven't even been on a date yet so I can't leave.." She laughed a little and stuck her tongue out at him. "Okay sure.." She felt herself blushing as Owen pulled his shirt off but then found herself looking at the scar on his back. Who did that? How did he get that? It doesn't bother me at all, I just don't want him to have been hurt.

Kate grabbed her tank top and shorts from the shopping bag, pulling the labels off and waiting to use the bathroom. She would change quickly so that she could curl up in bed with him for longer. She would miss this when they went back to New York. Maybe he could stay with her and vice versa? That's if he didn't change his mind about her once they were back.

Notty
01-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Owen walked into the bathroom and quickly changed into the pajama pants, running a hand through his hair. He brushed his teeth quickly and then stepped out, smiling over at Kate. "It's yours babe." He said with a smile, heading over to the bed and flopping down. "Now don't take too long, or I'll fall asleep." He teased, watching her as she disappeared into the bathroom.

He wanted this to last forever. Maybe...just maybe she would want to stay at his place sometime, or let him stay with her. Or maybe, if things went well, they'd move in together.

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 01:39 AM
Kate took the clasp from her hair and let it fall down her back in gentle waves. She got changed into her tank top and shorts, brushing her teeth and then her hair before going back through to Owen. "You still awake?" She grinned as she pressed a gentle kiss to Owen before climbing into bed beside him.

"Owen, you don't have to tell me but the scar on your back? What happened?" She asked gently as she rested on her elbow looking at him. She traced the outline of his jaw and down the side of his neck as softly as she could.

Notty
01-10-2014, 02:01 AM
Owen smiled sleepily as he felt her lips on his face, having almost been asleep. "Hey babe..." He murmured opening his eyes and looking up at her.

"My back, hmm?" He asked, shifting a bit and making more room for her. He leaned up and kissed her, "car accident, got pinned inside with the back window in my back. Thought I would be paralyzed." He said as he brushed his fingers over her cheek. "I'm okay now, just a nasty scar."

- - - Updated - - -

Owen smiled sleepily as he felt her lips on his face, having almost been asleep. "Hey babe..." He murmured opening his eyes and looking up at her.

"My back, hmm?" He asked, shifting a bit and making more room for her. He leaned up and kissed her, "car accident, got pinned inside with the back window in my back. Thought I would be paralyzed." He said as he brushed his fingers over her cheek. "I'm okay now, just a nasty scar."

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 02:05 AM
"I wouldn't care if you were.." She whispered as she settled down under the covers, yawning a little. Hearing him say that made her think of her parents. If only they'd gotten away with just a scar. She was glad that in the dark he couldn't fully see her.

She leant over towards him and brushed his lips softly with a kiss. "Goodnight you. Sweet dreams." She smiled and kissed his forehead before falling asleep. During the night she slept uneasy, tossing and turning and then settling into a ball away from him.

Notty
01-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Owen smiled and kissed her back, "goodnight beautiful." He laid back and closed his eyes, falling to sleep quickly. He awoke in the night as she was tossing and turning, "Kate?" He whispered, placing a hand on her side, seeing how restless she was. He simply pulled his arm around her and held her close, kissing her shoulder. "I'm not leaving you."

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 02:26 AM
In the morning when Kate woke up, she was still pretty tired from having a restless night's sleep. She woke up with Owen's arm around her and she smiled. She turned and kissed his cheek softly. She didn't think he was awake and didn't want to wake him, so she slid out from under his hold and disappeared into the bathroom.

Switching the shower on, Kate climbed under the hot water and let it flow all over her body, waking her up in the process. She scrubbed at her skin until she was clean, her skin a little red from scrubbing a bit too hard. She pulled a large fluffy white towel around her, her wet hair sticking to her back. Sneaking back in, she grabbed her new clothes and then got changed in the bathroom.

Notty
01-10-2014, 02:41 AM
Owen sighed as she climbed out from under his arm, but didn't wake up. When he heard the showering running, he finally awoke, glancing around as he stretched. He lay in bed, just thinking until the door opened. He smiled as he looked over towards the bathroom, only to have his eyes widen and face color as Kate stepped out in a towel. "Oh...gosh I'm sorry..." He murmured, looking away.

Shaking his head, he climbed out of bed, smiling slightly to himself as he began to get dressed. She was beautiful, there wasn't a part of her that he had seen that wasn't. He sat on the edge of his bed, tying his shoes and waiting for her to come out of the bathroom.

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Having changed and dried her hair so that it fell down her back as usual, Kate made her way back into the bedroom. She knew that Owen had seen her, but this time, it didn't bother her. Normally it would have, but she knew that he wasn't like that. Surely if he'd wanted more, he would have already tried by now right? She smiled as she liked that about him.

"Morning you....Bathroom's free if you want it. We should go grab some breakfast at that cafe and then we should be going. Just think, in just over 24 hours, we'll be back home in New York." That made Kate happy in a way but not as happy as she should have been. She knew that once they were back, he'd go and she wondered if she'd see him again.

Notty
01-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Owen smiled and nodded, getting up, he walked over to her and kissed the top of her head. It would be nice to be back in New York, but what did that mean for them? Making his way into the bathroom, he washed his face and brushed his teeth, not bothering with his hair.

"Alright then, shall we get breakfast?" He said with a smile, reaching for Kate's hand. He gathered up their belongings into a backpack and slid it on his shoulder. It was time to go home.

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
They went to the cafe where they both had breakfast and then waited. The conversation wasn't as it had been, but that was probably because neither of them were sure what to say. Neither of them knew what would happen once they got back.

After a while, Kate led the way to the coach station where the coach stood waiting for its' passengers to get on. Kate smiled and paid for two tickets for both of them, choosing two seats near the middle. She was glad that they got to sit next to each other.

"So will you be teaching when we get back then?" Kate finally piped up,not wanting their trip to be awkward and to stop thinking of what might have been if they hadn't met each other.

Notty
01-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Owen smiled weakly, "I still have a few weeks off until the spring semester starts," he looked at Kate and then out the window. "I guess I'll just keep myself busy until then." His voice trailed off, not knowing how to say what he wanted to, and especially not wanting to say it in a crowded bus.

Finally he pulled his arm around her and hugged her close, kissing the top of her head. "I want to be with you Kate," he whispered, tucking some hair behind her ear and tilting her chin up so she was looking at him. "I don't want this to end with friendly goodbyes at the coach station."

EnglishBelle
01-10-2014, 10:25 PM
"That's good then, you can have a rest before you start back. Get everything together and see your family and things before you get going again." She smiled a little at him, loving his arm around her right now and closing her eyes when he kissed her on the head; she didn't want to forget that.

Kate felt her cheeks heat up as Owen whispered to her, lifting her chin up so that she was looking up at him whilst he spoke. She didn't either but was it right? Especially with what she had in mind for the future? Screw it. That wasn't now, and Kate knew she didn't want to have to say goodbye to him.

"Me neither." She whispered before resting her hand gently on his chest and pressing her lips softly against his, wanting to show him she meant it.

Notty
01-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Owen felt his heart swell as she spoke, and then she kissed him. To hell with it. He pulled his arms around her and kissed her deeply, letting everything that was unspoken have voice in his kiss.

Words didn't come. Words were Owen's life, and for once, he didn't have them. He kissed the top of Kate's head and then pulled her close. How could he ever begin to tell her how he felt?

The miles passed, but Owen held Kate, not wanting to let go. "what happens now?" He finally murmured, knowing that once they reached New York, they each had separate homes to go to. Lives to return to, but maybe they could figure out what they were when they got there.

EnglishBelle
01-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Not many people were looking as they were sleeping but Kate was sure she heard someone whistle in their direction and she blushed as she pulled away eventually. She pressed another small kiss on his cheek, near his lips and smiled softly, leaning against him when she felt Owen pull her close towards him.

Kate yawned as the day began to get dark, shifting a little beside Owen to get comfy but not moving from his hold. "Well ermm I don't know..." She chewed her lip as her forehead crinkled, as she tried to think. Getting out a bit of paper she had from a leaflet, she borrowed a pen and scribbled her number and work email down on it.

"There you go. Now you have no excuse for not getting in touch with me." She grinned. "Maybe we could meet up sometime when we're both settled back in? Like maybe a date or something?"

Notty
01-11-2014, 01:14 AM
Owen chuckled and tucked the paper into his pocket. "You've got it," he said with a smile, keeping her close. He slowly closed his eyes, leaning his head against hers as he drifted to sleep.

Owen dreamt that evening of him and Kate, they were at the coach station, kissing each other goodbye when they were pulled apart, and suddenly they were back in the forest, the plane was burning, dead bodies all around. Kate? Kate! Where are you?! She can't be gone...where is she?! I promised her I wouldn't let go, that I'd always be there...

EnglishBelle
01-11-2014, 01:22 AM
Kate smiled as she saw him sleeping and kissed his forehead, keeping him close to her. "Oh Owen.." She whispered; sighing as she did so and looking out of the window. It had felt like hours that they had been on the coach and hours it had been.

Kate heard the driver announce that they'd be stopping in about another hour for a break and to swap coaches. Kate ran a hand over her face and knew that she'd be awake all of the trip. She didn't like falling asleep when travelling, wanting to know where she was.

She felt Owen jerk in his sleep and by the fidgeting he was doing, figured he wasn't having a very pleasant dream. "Owen, wake up...I'm here..It's not real..." She whispered, pressing a kiss to his forehead and gently shaking him to wake him up.

Notty
01-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Owen stirred, his eyes open wide as he glanced around. He took in a shaky breath and ran his hand through his hair. "I'm....I'm okay..." He said softly, pulling his arms around Kate. I didn't want to lose you. I'm terrified to lose you.

Maybe it was because she had found him after the crash. Maybe it was how she took care of him. How stubborn she was in helping him. Maybe it was that first kiss. Owen wasn't sure what it was about Kate, but he knew he never wanted to let go of her.

EnglishBelle
01-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Kate looked at him a little concerned. "Are you sure? You didn't seem like you were having such a good dream, but I won't pry." She smiled warmly at him and let him settle his arms around her again. She felt herself yawn but she knew she wasn't going to sleep, no matter how tired she was.

Soon enough, they were at a small diner just off the road where they had a quick toilet stop and swapped coaches. It wasn't long before they were back on the road. Kate looked at Owen and gently ran her fingers through his hair, tracing one along his jawline. She felt the stubble beneath his fingers and smiled.

Notty
01-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Owen smiled as Kate's fingers traced over his jaw, his eyes following hers. When her fingers approached his lips, he leaned forward and kissed the tips, taking her hand in his and placing it on his cheek. He was mezmerized, transfixed by her. He smiled a little more and kissed her gently. The lights of the city they passed through flickered in the windows, casting soft shadows on her features.

"Attention ladies and gentlemen, we will be approaching New York City in about an hour." The bus driver announced, pulling Owen from his thoughts of Kate. He smiled a little and kissed her forehead, "almost home."

EnglishBelle
01-11-2014, 07:26 PM
She giggled and bit her lip a little when she felt Owen's lips kiss her finger tips, feeling him take her hand and rest it on his cheek. Even though he had stubble, his cheek was smooth and Kate used her thumb to gently stroke it. She sighed softly as she felt his lips kiss her again.

She yawned again and stretched, her body aching and stiff from sitting down for so long and for the previous few days. It had felt like something out of a movie; what they had been through and Kate at times wasn't sure it had been real. "Yep..." She sighed and moved a little, facing towards the front of the coach and pulling her jacket around her.

What would happen now? Just a goodbye and a kiss and then both of them away to separate ends of New York?

Notty
01-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Owen was quiet, watching Kate pull her jacket on, noticing the familiar surroundings, knowing they were close to home. He couldn't just say goodbye. To be honest, he never wanted to say goodbye. He ran a hand through his hair and turned to Kate, giving her a small smile.

"Would you, uh.." He began, smiling sheepishly. "Do you want to come over to my place?" He asked quietly, suddenly feeling like he was a teenage boy asking out his crush. "Just erm, I kinda like having you around." He frowned once the words were out of his mouth, laughing weakly, "that sounded better in my head."

EnglishBelle
01-11-2014, 09:19 PM
She smiled as he stumbled with his words even though he was an English Prof. She pressed a soft kiss to his cheek and nodded. "I'd like that...I'd like that a lot." She smiled. "You're so cute when you go shy like that. I like that." She laughed a little and before they knew it, the coach had pulled into the station.

"Well looks like we're back then...Is it far to your place? I don't mind getting a cab if not." She took her bags and followed other people off the coach.

Notty
01-11-2014, 11:24 PM
Once they had climbed off the bus, Owen smiled a bit, looking around the familiar sights and smells of New York. "It's about..." He began, glancing at the street signs, "yeah let's take a cab. We probably could walk, but a cab will be quicker."

Flagging down a cab and giving the driver the address, Owen settled back in with Kate, pulling his arm around her. They drove through the city down towards the historic part of town. The car pulled up in front of a small cottage style home. It was covered in ivy with rose bushes lining the walkway. He smiled a bit and opened the door after paying the driver. "This is it. This is home."

EnglishBelle
01-11-2014, 11:35 PM
Wow. It was so beautiful. Much better than her tiny apartment downtown. She was almost embarrassed of it. "Oh Owen, you live here? It's so beautiful.." She smiled, taking her bags and walking down the path to the front door. She ran her fingers gently over the roses as she passed them.

She stood at the front door waiting for him to open the door. Right now all she wanted to do was get out of her clothes and fall asleep in his arms tonight. Luckily it was the weekend and Saturday which meant that she was free until Monday and wouldn't have to worry about getting up in the morning.

Notty
01-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Owen chuckled, "yeah, this one is mine." He grinned a little, "think I lived in a library or something? A dorm room maybe?" He put his key in the lock and turned it, opening the door and letting Kate in.

The house wasn't grand or large, rather it was small and cozy. Off to right was a den filled with large bookcases full of books. Then a cozy kitchen and living room. The master bedroom sat off to the left, along with another bedroom that was used as an office. "It isn't the cleanest," he said, slightly embarrassed.

EnglishBelle
01-12-2014, 12:14 AM
She noted his embarrassment and shook her head. "It's fine. I don't know what you're on about. It's your place, don't be embarrassed about it. Just means I have to make sure I tidy up my place before you come round." She grinned and set her bags down in the small hallway.

"I know I should probably eat something and you may find this rude, but would you mind if I just went to bed? I'm pretty tired from being awake for the duration of the trip, and I don't want to keep yawning when you're talking to me. That's rude." She took her jacket off and hung it up, slipping her sneakers off and putting them tidily by the front door.

Notty
01-12-2014, 01:30 AM
Owen smiled and shook his head, "no, that's fine. Can't promise there's a lot here. Tried to eat up most of the stuff in the fridge before I left." He pulled his arm around Kate and kissed the top of her head. "Might have some stuff for pasta or something."

Taking her hand, he led her into the bedroom. It was spacious for the small house. A large bed in the room, plenty of room for the both of them. "Here's the bedroom, bathroom is through there" he motioned to a door and then opened it, revealing a claw foot bathtub with a shower. "anything you need? Want me to start something to eat?"

EnglishBelle
01-12-2014, 10:19 AM
The bed was big and looked so comfy that Kate knew that if she fell asleep, she wouldn't wake up in hours. "Wow, i'm liking the bath..Always wanted one like that if ever I got my own house...As it goes, my apartment isn't big enough.." She shook her head as he asked her if there was anything she needed.

"Thanks sweetie, but I think I'm just going to grab some sleep. I'm pretty tired to be honest. If you're hungry though, don't let me stop you getting some food. Sometimes when I haven't had sleep for a while, I'll sleep through anything." She smiled and lay down on the bed, yawning when she did.

Notty
01-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Owen smiled and nodded, pushing off his shoes and setting them in the closet, he laid down on the bed next to Kate, pulling his arm around her. "Goodnight Kate," he whispered, kissing her forehead as he held her protectively. It was strange, even now he felt like he wanted to protect her, to keep her safe. But at the same time, Owen couldn't get over how perfect this felt. This house, this bed, them together. He smiled gently to himself, his eyes moving over Kate's face in the darkness. Sleep finally overtook him, slipping away into dreams of him, Kate, and their future together.

EnglishBelle
01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
The next morning Kate had woken early that she thought would have, and smiled at Owen sleeping next to her. She gently moved his arm so that he wouldn't wake up as she slid from the bed. She slipped out of her crumbled clothes and took a quick shower, changing into one of his t shirts and pulling on her jeans that she'd bought.

Seeing that he was still sleeping, Kate took some money from her purse, slipped her shoes on and jacket and headed out. Soon enough she was back and smells from the kitchen headed towards the bedroom. Setting the last dish down, she'd made pancakes, crispy bacon, scrambled eggs and toast along with some coffee. She'd picked up the food at a local store not too far from Owen's place.

Notty
01-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Owen stirred slowly, his body thanking him for finally sleeping in his own bed. His hand reached to hold Kate, but finding her not there, he opened his eyes. A smile came across his face as he smelled bacon and coffee. Sliding out of bed, he shuffled into the kitchen, pulling his arms around Kate from behind and pressing a kiss to her neck. "Good morning beautiful," he whispered. His hands gently rubbed her sides before he let go, smiling even more when he saw that she was wearing his tshirt.

"Looks better on you than on me," he said, pouring himself a cup of coffee as well as her. Handing Kate the cup, he kissed her again, unable to get enough of her. "This is perfect," Owen noted, settling down at the table. "Thank you Kate."

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 02:13 AM
"Are you sure? I hope you don't mind, but with you saying you hadn't got much in, I took a chance and got this stuff from the store down the street. Eat as much as you want, I'm not a big breakfast person to be honest...I only really have time for coffee and a banana at work.." She smiled as Owen kissed her and passed her a cup of coffee, sitting down opposite him.

"Yeah, sorry about the t shirt. I didn't want to root around in my stuff and wake you up so I figured you wouldn't mind if I just borrowed one of yours." She smiled and took a piece of toast to nibble on, pulling up one leg and resting her chin on her knee.

Notty
01-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Owen nodded and piled a few pancakes on his plate along with eggs and bacon. "Yeah I don't mind, you are erm...." He went a bit red. "Well I suppose I haven't asked properly..." He continued, chuckling nervously, "never thought it'd be quite like this, always imagined something a bit more romantic..." He mumbled, then ran his hand through his hair. "Sorry I ramble when I'm nervous," he said with a sheepish smile.

"Kate, would you like to go out with me? Be my girlfriend?" He smiled and looked to her, his eyes hopeful for her answer.

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 02:32 AM
Whoa. Big thing. She looked at him, with his cheeks a little red and his hair tousled, his eyes all lit up in the hopes she'd say yes. She couldn't though, could she? Not yet, it was too soon. Yes, they'd been through a lot together, but she didn't want to say yes just because of that. Her eyes then went back down and she put the piece of toast that she'd been nibbling on down; suddenly not so hungry anymore.

"I won't say no because it's not that I don't want it. But I'm not going to say yes. Just....Not yet. I'm sorry Owen, but it's too soon. I just don't want to rush." That was part of the truth, that and the fact that she was scared. Not of him, but because she hadn't done this. She hadn't had many relations with men, and things had gone wrong a time or two and she didn't want things to go wrong with Owen.

Notty
01-13-2014, 02:39 AM
Owen nodded slowly, but kept the smile. He reached over and took Kate's hand, bringing it up to his lips and kissing it gently. "I'll wait Kate," he said with a smile, swallowing hard. "I don't mind waiting." He brought her hand down from his lips and brushed his thumb over the top of it.

His eyes moved over her face, noting the emotion behind it. "I'm scared too, if that makes you feel any better," he said softly as he let go of her hand and began eating again. "It's just finding the right person to be scared with, eh?" Owen said. "How about a walk in the park today? It looks beautiful out and there's no one I would rather spend my Sunday with."

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 02:48 AM
Wait? For how long though? She thought but before she could move, she felt her hand being moved and Owen kissing it softly. She smiled a little and nodded at what he said. You'll mind if it doesn't happen.

"I never said I was scared. I just don't want to rush is all." She drank her coffee and sat back in her chair. She looked up at him and nodded. "A walk in the park sounds great. That's what Sunday's should be for, being lazy." She grinned and finished her cup of coffee. "I'll even buy you an ice cream if you're lucky.." She grinned and laughed a little, shaking her head. "Could we take a walk round the lake too? I love it there.."

Notty
01-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Owen smiled and chuckled, "I promise I'll be good and not chase the other children," he said as he teased her. After clearing his plate, Owen stood and walked over and kissed the top of Kate's head. He quickly did all the dishes, playfully scolding Kate each time she tried to help.

"Now then," Owen said as he pulled on his shoes. "Now then, let's go to the park." He gently took Kate's hand and led her outside, starting slowly towards the park. He wasn't quite sure what to say, so for now, he said nothing.

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 09:22 AM
"Good boy..'Cos that's my job!" She laughed and sat back as he washed the dishes. Once they were clean and presentable enough to go outside and be in the company of others, Owen led Kate down to the park. The air was still fresh but the sun was out and it was going to be a nice day...

Kate smiled as he took her hand and they walked through the park, and she wondered slightly if the answer she'd given still played on Owen's mind as he was a lot quieter than he had been. A bit later on and they passed an ice cream truck. "Want one?" She grinned, digging some coins from out of her pocket.

Notty
01-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Owen grinned when they passed the ice cream truck, "yeah, that'd be great." He said with a smile, walking up to the side with her. Once they had gotten their ice cream, they began to walk once more. Maybe she wanted to wait because she really doesn't want me, and that was the easiest way of letting me down. It can't be. I've felt her kiss me back. I know there's someone there behind her kiss...

Taking her hand again, Owen stopped and pulled her a little closer. "Kate, I do care for you. I hope you know that. And there isn't a thing I wouldn't do for you." He smiled a bit and brushed some hair back behind her shoulder, then gently cupped her cheek. "I don't want to lose you. Or wake tomorrow morning to find that this was all a dream." He let his forehead rest against hers as he took a long breath. "I'll always be here for you," he whispered before kissing her gently.

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Kate got two ice creams and passed one to him, starting to lick it as they walked along. So it was cold, that didn't matter. Just meant the ice cream wouldn't melt as fast. Her forehead crinkled a little in confusion as Owen stopped and pulled Kate to one side, a little closer than before. She listened to all that he said, and she knew that he meant it. It was just too quick. She blushed as he pressed his hand to her cheek, feeling her heart beat a little quicker.

Before she could say anything, she heard a scream and turned around. "Somebody help! Please help me!" A woman was stood on the edge of the lake staring out. There was nobody out there but an empty boat. Kate dropped her ice cream and ran over. "It's my son! He fell out of the boat when I wasn't looking! Please....It's so cold..I can't lose him!" She cried and Kate knew what she had to do.

Before Owen or anyone else could stop her, she'd taken her shoes and coat off and was swimming towards where the boat was. Her clothes were heavy and it was a task to keep herself up as the water was freezing too, but she'd make it. Looking around, she couldn't see him and taking a deep breath, dived under the water.

Notty
01-13-2014, 08:05 PM
Owen ran after her, "Kate!" He yelled out, jogging down to the lakeside. He ran his hand through his hair, pacing a bit nervously as he watched her swimming through the lake towards the empty boat. He glanced back towards the woman, "call 911!" He yelled, grabbing Kate's coat and pulling his off.

It seemed like forever. He waded out waist deep into the water, desperately watching for Kate to resurface, his heart pounding as he waited. Come on Kate, come on...

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 09:27 PM
The water was so murky that she couldn't see. Kate was so cold but she forced her muscles to work. She put her arms out in front of her to try and feel for the boy but she couldn't. Her lungs were empty and she couldn't stay down for much longer.

Kate pushed up with her legs and gasped when her head broke through into the air. Whilst treading water, she looked over to see Owen stood in the water; freezing. "Get out of the water Owen!" She shouted to him, watching as someone dragged him out. Come on woman. Don't let him down. If you don't find him, he'll have lost his family. Kate took another breath and went back into the murky water, searching as best she could. Reaching out, she felt something and held on.

Kicking to get back up to the surface, Kate saw him. He was only young and was so pale. "Don't you dare go now..." She spoke a little breathless, making her way back to the side. She was freezing and tired but didn't stop until she had pulled him from the water.

Notty
01-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Owen struggled against the man that pulled him from the water, remaining near the waters edge as he watched Kate. He felt like his heart was in his throat and he could feel the tears welling in his eyes as the time passed and she didn't surface.

When she finally surfaced with the boy, Owen let out a soft cry. He pulled away from the man who had drug him out of the water, helping Kate and the boy out of the water. He quickly grabbed the boy and wrapped him in his jacket, checking to see if he was breathing. He was so small, so cold.

The sound of running feet interrupted him as some paramedics rushed their way. He stepped back from the boy and went to Kate's side. He pulled her jacket around her and held her tightly in his arms, trying to fight back tears. "Gosh Kate, you scared me. Let's get you warmed up."

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 10:19 PM
She had never been so cold in all her life, not even when it had snowed and she'd been out drinking with friends. "Sorry.." She whispered quietly, her eyes watching as the paramedics attended to the boy and was relieved when she heard him start to cough.

"Oh thank you! Thank you so much!" His mother cried as she hugged Kate and then went into the back of the ambulance with her son. "Ma'am, you should really come and get checked out at the hospital too..You've been in the water a while and you could catch hypothermia or pneumonia. It shouldn't take long.." One of the paramedics approached her but Kate shook her head. "I'll be alright.." She shivered, pulling her coat around her but it wasn't making much difference.

Notty
01-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Owen frowned a bit and rubbed her sides. "You should go Kate, better to be checked out and safe than get sick later on..." His eyes moved over her face, the concern evident. "I'll go with you, you won't be alone," he smiled weakly. He pressed his hand to her cheek, brushing back her wet hair. "please Kate, I don't want anything to happen to you."

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 10:39 PM
"I guess we could fit you both in the back of the ambulance." The paramedic smiled and let them both in before he hopped in and closed the doors. "Just so you know, I don't like hospitals..Or needles..." She smiled a little at Owen, resting her head on his shoulder but then moving as she realised she was soaked through.

They arrived at the hospital about twenty minutes later, the boy and his mother rushing off and Jess was taken through to a cubicle. "If you get changed into this sweetie, the doctor'll be along soon." An older nurse smiled warmly at Jess, handing her a gown and what appeared to be a pair of fluffy bed socks. Kate raised her eyebrow at those but didn't complain. "Erm, you mind just stepping out whilst I change?" She waited until Owen was stood outside before Kate peeled off the wet clothing and put it into a plastic bag she found.

She changed into the gown and the bed socks before using the blanket on the bed to wrap around herself rather than get underneath it. "All done!"

Notty
01-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Owen nodded and stepped out into the hallway, glancing around until he heard Kate's voice. Stepping back into the room, he smiled over at her. "Feeling any warmer?" He asked with a smile, moving over to her and hugging her tightly. He kissed the top of her head, rubbing her back as he held her.

He was wet from the waist down but didn't bother to say anything, Kate was worse off. She was the one who needed looking after, he would be fine.

He grinned, "local heroine." He kissed the top of her head again and hugged her, "not even back a day and you're a hero." He chuckled a bit, "ever looked into being a caped crusader?"

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 11:10 PM
She shook her head, knowing that she wouldn't be able to lie about not being cold. "Not really..." She closed her eyes briefly as he hugged her, his body a lot warmer and so inviting right now. Her hair was still wet and hung from her head but she didn't care about that. He shivered and she frowned.

"You need to change too...You're wet and I'm not having you get sick either." Kate pressed the buzzer that would send the nurse to them. "Well I did think about it once, but just don't have the time for it." She grinned and then pouted, laughing a little and lying back on the bed.

Notty
01-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Owen rolled his eyes and shook his head, "I'm fine..." He protested, but before he could say anymore a nurse had come in the room. She glanced to Kate and then him, "what seems to be the problem?" She asked. "Before she can tell you anything," Owen said with a smile, "I got wet, she thinks I need one of those crazy get ups too." He tried to hide his smile, but it wasn't working.

Several minutes later, Owen was in a gown as well, wrapped in a blanket as he pulled on the fuzzy socks. "Happy now?" He said with a gentle nudge to Kate. "You just couldn't bear to wear this horrible gown alone." He said with a grin, though had to admit, he was significantly warmer without his wet clothes on.

EnglishBelle
01-13-2014, 11:51 PM
Kate grinned when he sat down in the chair with a gown on, those crazy socks and a blanket. "Oh very happy now." She grinned and couldn't help laughing a little. "Those socks just complete it." She curled up under the other blanket on the bed and lay back, the head rest part not fully flat.

"I wish this doctor would hurry up..I don't like hospitals.." She shivered as she thought about the last time she had been in one but closed her eyes and reopened them, trying to get rid of the memories that floated around her head.

Notty
01-13-2014, 11:58 PM
Owen grinned and came and sat down next to her, nudging her gently. "Just be glad I don't have my phone, we'd be taking some lovely pictures to remember this by." He smiled and laid next to her, his eyes moving over her face. Closing his eyes he let out a long breath, he didn't like hospitals.

"The sooner we are done here, the better," he mumbled to himself, opening his eyes and staring up at the ceiling. He ran his hand through his hair and then looked over to Kate with a smile. "I think you'd make a great superhero," he said with a grin. "Super Kate: she's beautiful, she's mighty, and she's here to save the day!"

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 12:08 AM
Kate smiled at Owen but when she tried to lift her head up to look at him, it felt too heavy. She was so tired right now, just wanting to close her eyes and fall asleep and she couldn't stop shivering. She closed her eyes for a moment, but then jolted awake. She was so tired though.

The doctor finally came around and it was a slightly older male doctor. He examined Owen first. "Go home, keep warm, drink hot tea and rest. You seem to be alright, but if you feel cold, not getting warm or can't stop shivering you need to come back." He smiled and then went round to Kate. "Miss James, Katherine, can you hear me? You need to open your eyes for me if you can.." She was shivering and her skin was pale and cold.

"You'll have to wait here please, but we need to rush Katherine into the emergency room. She's in good hands and just needs to be warmed up but by our special heating equipment."

Notty
01-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Owen nodded and smiled, glancing over at Kate. He frowned a bit when she wouldn't open her eyes, but thought she was joking. But when the doctor sent over to her and she didn't wouldn't open her eyes, he began to panic. "Wait! Wait!" He called out, trying to follow, but a nurse held him back. "You can't do in there sweetheart," she said, Owen desperately trying to follow.

He remained in the room, pacing back and forth nervously, waiting for any information on Kate.

- - - Updated - - -

Owen nodded and smiled, glancing over at Kate. He frowned a bit when she wouldn't open her eyes, but thought she was joking. But when the doctor sent over to her and she didn't wouldn't open her eyes, he began to panic. "Wait! Wait!" He called out, trying to follow, but a nurse held him back. "You can't do in there sweetheart," she said, Owen desperately trying to follow.

He remained in the room, pacing back and forth nervously, waiting for any information on Kate.

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 12:40 AM
After what seemed like hours to Owen, the doctor finally came out and made his way to him. He put a hand on his shoulder. "Katherine is stable for now. Her body temperature was so low from before that hypothermia had started to set in, but we didn't notice until now. It looks a bit like a space blanket that we've put over her, but that will generate heat and hopefully heat her body. She's got a mask on, but it's only oxygen. You can go and sit with her if you like, talk to her, it will help." He smiled weakly at Owen and let the nurse take him in.

Notty
01-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Owen nodded and followed the nurse in. He could feel his throat tighten when he saw her. She looked so small and pale beneath the blanket. Moving to her side, he sat down and took her hand. "My caped crusader," he said softly, then smiled a little more, his eyes watering. "Now a masked wonder, hmm?"

Leaning down, he pressed a kiss to her forehead, a tear spilling down his cheek and onto her. "Kate, you big idiot, always gotta show me up, don't you." He said softly, rubbing her arm. I can't lose her. I can't bear the thought of not having her. She may not be ready or know, but I do. I love her.

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 01:04 AM
"Is she your girlfriend then? She's very beautiful...Looks like she's got a touch of the Irish beauty about her." The nurse smiled and tucked Owen's blanket around his shoulders. "Keep warm yourself, and if anything happens, there's a buzzer here that you can press." She showed him before she left.

Notty
01-14-2014, 01:14 AM
Owen smiled and stuttered a bit, "she's erm...well she's not exactly, I mean we haven't been on a proper date..." He mumbled, going a bit red in the face, but never looking away from Kate. "Yeah, she's perfect," he whispered, stroking his fingers over her cheek.

He waited, unwilling to move from his spot. He had to be there when Kate woke up. But he was getting so tired. Laying down beside her, he pulled his arm around her and held her close.

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 02:50 AM
The nurse came back a little later to check on Kate and smiled at Owen lying next to her. She put her hand on his arm. "I hate to do this, but I'm afraid you can't stay there. Don't want you over heating. There's a bed near the relative's room that's for relatives. Go and sleep there. If there's any change, I'll come and find you. It's looking good though. Her temperature has increased but still not as high as we'd like it."

Notty
01-14-2014, 03:04 AM
Owen leaned up, frowning a bit. "I can't....I can't leave her..." he said softly, a bit disoriented. He slid off the bed and stood, stretching a bit. Glancing around, he saw a chair. "I'll just sit here," he said with a bit of a smile. "I can't leave her, you don't understand." he said, his voice breaking a bit, thinking of his nightmares of Kate being alone. "I can't." He reached out and took her hand, pressing a kiss to it as he closed his eyes. "Please ma'am, you have to understand. I cannot leave her."

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 08:03 AM
"Okay, okay...You can sit there, it's just you need sleep too....I'll see if I can find you a travel cot that we sometimes use for relatives." She smiled and disappeared. She felt sorry for this young couple. Eventually coming back, armed with blankets and the such, she put the cot together. "You keep in there with all those blankets on. You need to keep warm. When this young beauty wakes up, she's going to need you there warm and healthy." The nurse smiled and disappeared.

Several hours later and Kate was beginning to wake up. "Owen?" She whispered but with the mask on, his name wasn't really audible. Her hand moved to the mask and took it off. "Owen?" Kate whispered again, her eyes still shut.

Notty
01-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Owen smiled gratefully to the nurse and took no time in climbing into the cot and curling up under the blankets. How was he so tired? He had just spent the night with Kate, and all they had done was go for a walk? He glanced up at Kate, a small smile on his lips as he closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

Hearing his name, Owen slowly roused from his sleep. "Hmm? What?" he murmured, slowly opening his eyes. When his eyes were fully open and he realized where he was, he sat up, turning to Kate. He smiled a little wider, climbing out from underneath the blankets and moving to the side of her bed. "Hey beautiful," He said softly, brushing some hair back from her face. "How do you feel?"

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Kate managed to open her eyes and it felt like she'd been asleep for days. Her body was stiff and achy all over, but at least she was warm now. Oh those eyes..That smile...That touch.. She cared for Owen and she was glad that he was okay it seemed, her insides melting as he brushed some hair from off her face.

"I'm okay. I'd just like to go home though. Please can I go? I don't like hospitals.." She whispered, her green eyes looking into his, almost pleading with him to get her out of here. Kate moved her hand and found his, linking her fingers with Owen's. "I'm guessing you've been here all the time right? Thank you...For not leaving." She smiled softly and tried to sit up.

Notty
01-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Owen smiled more when he felt her fingers lace with his, nodding slowly. "I told you I wouldn't leave you." he said softly, sitting on the edge of her bed. He cupped her cheek and brushed his thumb over it, the rosy color finally coming back. "I'll ask the nurse when she comes back, hopefully they'll let you go home."

He thought for a moment and then forced a weak smile. She wants to go home. Her home. Not mine. "If you tell me where it is, I'll take you home," he said softly, wondering if she would correct him, or ask to go home with him again. He couldn't help but hope. His eyes scanned her face, not wanting to let her go, not wanting to think of going to sleep tonight without her near. Owen leaned down and kissed her forehead, holding his lips there for a moment before he leaned up. I love you.

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 04:13 PM
She pulled the weird blanket off her a little, it was getting a little too warm being fully underneath it and leant back against the head rest of the bed but so that she was sitting up. "I know, and I knew you wouldn't..." Kate leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips; smiling as she pulled away.

"Can I stay with you again tonight? This caped crusader needs some help from the human heater!" She grinned, turning it into a joke. "Seriously though, you are so warm and I kinda don't want to be on my own again tonight. It won't be so fun calling work and telling them I'm not going in, but they'll have to lump it." Kate closed her eyes briefly as he kissed her, letting out a soft sigh.

Notty
01-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Owen smiled wider when she asked to stay with him again tonight. He chuckled and nodded, "The Caped Crusader and her trusty sidekick, the Human Heater!" he said with a grin, kissing her again gently. "Of course you can," he brought her hand to his lips and kissed it. "To be honest, I'm not sure if I could sleep alone. It'd be weird without you beside me."

A nurse came in a little bit later and checked over Kate and Owen. "You both look pretty good, but you'll need a doctor to sign your release forms. I'll send the next available one in." She smiled and looked to Kate, "you've got a wonderful boyfriend there, wouldn't leave your side. I'd hang on to him if I were you." she nodded and turned and left the room, leaving a smiling, but blushing Owen next to Kate.

EnglishBelle
01-14-2014, 10:58 PM
She smiled and blushed at the same time as Owen took her hand. "I kinda feel a little safer when I'm next to you...Sounds silly I know but it's true." Kate moved a little to press a gentle kiss to his cheek.

"Aw thank you, that would be great." She blushed and shut up when the nurse said about Owen being her boyfriend, yet she didn't try and correct her before she'd gone. "Well I guess that answers that then." She smiled and looked at Owen's puzzled face. Rolling her eyes and grinning, Kate shifted a little so that she was facing him. "What did you ask me earlier silly? And then add a yes to that question." She laughed a little and shook her head.

Notty
01-15-2014, 12:15 AM
Owen's brow was still furrowed, not exactly understanding her. Well, he thought he did, he just didn't want to get his hopes up if it wasn't in fact what he thought. Letting on a slight smile, he looked to her. "You'll uh, you'll be my girlfriend?" He asked, unable to hide the growing smile.

He laced his fingers with Kate's and kissed the top of her hand again, feeling as though his insides would burst. Did he dare hope that this is what she meant? That she wanted to be with him too?

EnglishBelle
01-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Kate smiled and nodded. "Yes I will silly...But you have to let me do things, I don't like being cooped up. Don't rush me either and just don't be clingy. I don't like guys who are clingy and possessive, not that you are - just that I don't want you to turn like that."

A few minutes later and a different doctor appeared, this one a little less friendly than the first one they'd seen. He mumbled a little and checked them over before signing both lots of discharge forms. Even though there was still a couple of hours of daylight left, Kate was ready to go back to Owen's. She could quite do with the whole curling up in front of the television, quilt over her and food. Oh, and of course Owen for company.

Notty
01-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Owen grinned and nodded, pulling her close before kissing her gently. "Just, be honest with me, okay? If I am getting to be too clingy, give me a good smack, huh?" he smiled and kissed her again.

Pulling on his now dry clothes, Owen ran a hand through his hair. "Golly, go out for ice cream and end up saving the world." he said as he pulled on his tshirt, smiling over at Kate. "Do you feel like cooking or should we just order take out? I don't feel like cooking myself, more like just curling up and watching a movie or something."

Once they were both dressed, Owen called for a cab to pick them up at the hospital. He waited out front with her, his arm around her, keeping her safe and warm.

EnglishBelle
01-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Kate smiled and nodded. "Of course I will...Well not a smack, but maybe a clip round the head." She grinned and kissed him back.

Kate got dressed behind a curtain in her clothes that had been dried whilst Owen talked to her. "Normally I would offer to cook, but to be honest, maybe take out. I'm not hungry right now, but curling up and watching a movie sounds good. What about you? You hungry?" She pulled the curtain back and put her jacket on, her long auburn hair slightly curly now from the water but dry.

"We could have walked you know, but I don't know how far it is to your apartment..I'm paying for the cab this time." She smiled, leaning against him as Owen put his arm around her.

Notty
01-16-2014, 04:35 AM
Owen pulled his arm around Kate and rubbed her side, keeping her warm. When the cab pulled up, he opened the door and helped Kate in, sliding in beside her. He told the cabbie the address and then leaned back with her. "What a day huh?" He chuckled, leaning his head back and closing his eyes.

He laced his fingers with hers and squeezed gently, leaning up and opening his eyes. He pressed a kiss to her temple, "I'm glad you're safe Kate," he said softly. "I was really worried about you." He grinned a bit, "besides, sidekicks don't usually make it on their own."

EnglishBelle
01-16-2014, 07:09 AM
"Yep, it certainly has been....Some super heroes don't even see this much action in one day, but I did.." She smiled and sighed, resting her head on Owen's shoulder, closing her eyes briefly throughout the journey.

"Oh you...Thank you though. For worrying about me. It's been a long time since anyone did." She whispered up to him and finding his hand, held it in hers a little tighter than normal. "I just want to relax when we get in, movie, take out..maybe even a bottle of wine just to wind down with? Sounds good to me..." She smiled and opened her eyes when the cab eventually stopped. She paid the driver and they both got out.

Notty
01-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Owen pulled his arm around her and walked to the front door of his house. It felt comfortable, entering with Kate, as if it had always been this way. He smiled and pushed the door open, letting her in first and then following behind. He slipped off his shoes and sighed. "Home again."

"I have some wine here," he murmured as he began padding off towards the kitchen, rummaging around in a few cabinets before he pulled out several bottles. "Always got them, then never wanted to drink alone." he said with a bit of a smile. "Anything in particular sound good to you? Chinese, Italian? Pizza?" his eyes moved over Kate's face, smiling a little wider.

Before she could answer, he moved over to where she was, picked her up and spun her around a few times before kissing her deeply and then letting her down. Owen went red in the face, a boyish grin, "sorry, always wanted to do that..."

EnglishBelle
01-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Kate undid her sneakers and put them neatly by Owen's, following him through into the kitchen where she just stood behind him whilst he looked through cupboards, eventually pulling out a few bottles. "Whoa...I think just one bottle will do tonight..." She grinned and laughed a little. "Don't want to get too sloshed.."

She picked a white and went over to the fridge where she put it to cool. "Can't have warm wine, tastes like paint stripper unless it's red." She slipped her jacket off and put it on the back of a chair, not sure really what to do.

While she was thinking about what to have food wise, she felt Owen pick her up and spin her around. She squealed a little as he picked her up, laughing a little as he spun her and then felt her insides melt as his lips met hers. Kate didn't know what to say when he put her down. "Wow.." She whispered, feeling her cheeks redden. "That was something else.." She moved so that Owen was leaning up against the counter, and standing up on tip toes, pressed her lips firmly to his again.

Notty
01-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Owen smiled, pulling his arms around her and letting his hands rest on the small of her back as he kissed her back. Maybe it was just him, but something felt different this time. He pulled back for a moment, cradling her face in his hands as he kissed her again. I don't ever want to kiss anyone else. Just Kate.

He let his thumb brush over her lips as he pulled back, pressing a kiss to her forehead before he put his arms back around her and hugged her tightly. "Now then my dear Kate," he said softly, and in one swift motion, he picked her up into his arms. "Let us go lie in bed and watch movies," he grinned as he carried her into his bedroom and laid her down on the bed.

"If you want to change, I'm just going to go out and grab the phone and ordering menus for a couple places," he kissed her again quickly. "Feel free to use my clothes," he said with a smile as he turned and walked out of the bedroom.

EnglishBelle
01-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Kate loved the feel of Owen's touch, of his lips on hers and his hands on her skin. You're falling for him aren't you? No. No, I can't. Yes you can. She thought for a moment but before she had time to register or protest anything, he had picked her up into his arms and had put her down upon the bed.

She smiled and shook her head. "I'm surprised you managed to do that with the amount of food I eat..Can't imagine I'm that light." She grinned. "Movies sound like fun right now. Sure, that would be great thanks.." She smiled and watched Owen walk out. She peeled off his shirt that she had been wearing along with her jeans and stood in her underwear. She pulled on her shorts that she had been wearing for bed but found another t shirt of his to wear instead of her small tank top. Before pulling on the top, she stared in the mirror at her body; especially the jagged scar that ran just under her bra.

Hearing Owen coming back down the hall, Kate yanked the t shirt on over her head, ran her brush through her hair and then sat down on the bed. "Mmmmm food...What do you fancy?" She smiled as she spread the menus about.

Notty
01-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Owen smiled when he saw Kate in his shirt, settling down beside her and placing a quick kiss to her cheek. "Well I'm always up for pizza or Chinese myself..." Owen said with a smile, leaning against her slightly. "But you can pick, honestly, I'll eat anything sweetheart." He said with a smile.

Once food had been ordered, Owen leaned back in bed, pulling the blankets over them and shifting the pillows a bit so it was easier to sit up and watch tv. He motioned to the movies near his tv, "I'm afraid I don't have many chick flicks..." He said with a smile, "but we can always see what is on tv if you want..." He turned on the tv and began mindlessly flipping through the channels. "Here, you pick," he said as a knock came at the door, "I'll go pay for dinner."

EnglishBelle
01-17-2014, 01:41 PM
She smiled as she felt the gentle kiss from his lips as he sat down beside her. "Well seeing as how we've already had pizza, I'm good for Chinese..I'll pick a few things then.." She grinned, her stomach growling in agreement at going with Chinese. Kate didn't have take out very much back at hers as she couldn't really afford to eat out a lot and more often than not, was too tired to eat.

Kate felt a yawn escape from her lips as Owen pulled the blankets over the two of them but Kate was too hot right now. "Chick flicks? I like guy films too you know." She grinned and rolled her eyes. Rolling onto her stomach, she looked through the few films he did own and then picked one out. Stretching to the television, Kate flicked the channel over and put the movie in. "Mmmmm food!" She sat up, realising how hungry she actually was right now.

Notty
01-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Owen smiled and settled back into bed with the Chinese, opening the bag and distributing the food among them. He glanced up, grinning when he saw what movie it was. "Never pegged you for an Indiana Jones fan," he said, taking a bite of some rice and settling back in the bed.

This is perfect. This is exactly what I have been hoping and dreaming for. This is what I want. A lazy Sunday night, eating dinner in bed with the woman I love. Hmm. Love.

Barely able to watch the movie, Owen kept glancing over at Kate, smiling as he watched her. Once they had both eaten their fill, he boxed everything back up and put it in the fridge. Coming back, he laid down in bed, gently pulling his arms around Kate as they watched the movie. Owen pressed a kiss to her arm, his eyelids heavy now, but fighting so hard to stay awake.

EnglishBelle
01-18-2014, 01:21 PM
"Well there's a lot of things you don't know about me.." She grinned and started to eat. "Mmmmm, this food is goooood." She laughed a little and started to tuck in as did Owen. They managed to eat a fair bit between them, but Kate had ordered a lot of food though. She knew that Owen would never let her pay for it, so when he went to put the left overs in the fridge, she slipped a few notes into his wallet that he'd left on the bed.

Don't push him away. This is what you deserve right now. Prince Charming in bed with you eating Chinese, and watching a movie. Perfect!

Kate snuggled closer to Owen as she felt his arms wrap around her. She looked up and knew that he was tired, so tired that he could barely keep his eyes open. Without saying anything, Kate pulled him down a little into the bed, wrapping him up in the covers before switching the film off. "I'll be in soon..." She whispered as she watched him fall asleep. She sighed, heading to the kitchen to make herself a drink, knowing that she had to go home tomorrow. Would she see him again? After finishing her glass of water, she slipped into bed, curling up on her side and falling asleep.

Notty
01-19-2014, 06:19 AM
Owen slept soundly through the night, holding Kate close to him, surprisingly still exhausted. The morning dawned bright and clear, the sunshine gently creeping its way in to Owen's room. He sighed softly, shifting a bit in his sleep as he slowly opened his eyes.

I love waking up beside her. I always want to wake up beside her. If I didn't think it was too soon, I'd ask her to move in with me.

Owen smiled and laid there beside Kate, his fingers gently running through her hair, watching her as she slept. Finally, he leaned over and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Breakfast love," he whispered, then climbed out of bed. Making his way into the kitchen, Owen started a pot of coffee and then rummaged through the kitchen, looking for something to eat. Deciding upon eggs, toast and a fruit salad, he set to work on it, the kitchen beginning to fill with a delicious aroma.

EnglishBelle
01-19-2014, 06:28 AM
"No....five more minutes..." She mumbled in her sleep, rolling over and pulling the quilt with her so that she ended up covered. Five more minute came and went and Kate woke up. Still sleepy and her hair all messed up around her, she grabbed a sweater of Owen's that lay on a chair in the bedroom and slipped it on. It swamped her but she loved wearing something that belonged to him. Heading into the kitchen, she smiled at the breakfast that he'd done.

"Aw, you didn't have to do this.." She yawned and grabbed a cup of coffee that lay waiting on the table. "I don't usually eat breakfast...So are you just trying to fatten me up?" She grinned and walked over to him, leaning against him and closing her eyes. "You're such a sweetheart.." She whispered and then moved, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

Notty
01-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Owen chuckled and pulled his arms around her, kissing her gently. "I think you are perfect just as you are," he said with a smile. "Come on, look at this..." He said, gently turning her. "Can't pass up lovely toast and fruit salad, can you?" He teased, leaning down and kissing her neck affectionately.

Taking a seat at the table, Owen glanced over at Kate. He didn't want to think about what today meant for them. That Kate would undoubtably go home, and things would go back to how they always were. After a while, Owen spoke. "Were you thinking of going back to your place today?"

EnglishBelle
01-20-2014, 01:42 AM
"Nope, guess I can't.." She smiled, putting a small portion of fruit salad in a bowl and grabbing some toast along with a cup of steaming hot coffee. Her stomach was actually growling for once, probably because it all looked and smelt good. After eating a bit, she listened to Owen and nodded.

"I kinda have to...I have work tomorrow, and my boss won't be too happy if I don't turn up again. I've got so much I need to catch up with. I've enjoyed it here though..." She smiled softly and caught Owen's eye. After they'd both eaten, Kate went and got dressed, packing up her few things. It was early, but she didn't want their goodbyes to drag. "Well I think it's goodbye from here. You've got my email address and phone number for work and personal." She pressed a kiss to his lips softly before picking up her rucksack.

Notty
01-20-2014, 01:58 AM
Owen nodded, unable to keep his eyes off Kate as she picked up her things and packed them away. He couldn't help but feel his heart sink, knowing that tonight he would sleep alone, that he wouldn't have Kate beside him.

"Yeah, I understand." He said softly, taking her hands in his. Owen smiled weakly, brushing his thumbs over the top of her hands. "Want me to take you home?" He asked, not ready to say goodbye just yet.

EnglishBelle
01-20-2014, 02:02 AM
She looked down as she felt him take her hands. Don't you dare cry now. You're a strong woman. Don't cry in front of him. Kate smiled and nodded. "That would be lovely...You have a car? I'm quite a way...It's about an hour's drive away, if you don't mind that is."

Notty
01-20-2014, 02:13 AM
He smiled and leaned down and kissed her gently. He reached up and tucked some hair behind her ear and then kissed her again. "No, we can just take a cab, I'll just ride back."

Leading her outside, he pulled his arm around her and waited. I don't want her to go. I don't want her to leave. Owen kissed the top of her head, swallowing hard. "I guess we do have to get back to reality, huh?" He finally said, keeping her close as they waited.

EnglishBelle
01-20-2014, 02:22 AM
It had been a week since Kate had gone back to her own apartment and own life. She missed Owen and had been disappointed that she hadn't heard from him since to be honest. Her boss, David, was still trying to flirt and hit on her any time and chance that he could but Kate had told him that she'd got a boyfriend. He didn't let that stop him though.

It was late Friday night and about 8pm. Kate was tired and just wanted to go home, but she was still catching up on work that she'd missed whilst being away and being ill. Nobody else was really around, just her. She'd slipped her shoes off and put her head in her hands. Her coffee had gone cold now and a few strands of hair fell from where she'd styled it up. She wore a turquoise pencil skirt teamed with a cream blouse and black pumps.

Notty
01-20-2014, 02:34 AM
Owen sighed softly, standing outside the building that matched the address of where Kate worked. Was he crazy to be here? Was it too much? He knew that he had dropped the ball this past week, not calling her or anything, but he too had been swamped with work.

He glanced down at the bouquet of wildflowers he had picked up and straighten the khaki jacket he was wearing. He pushed the buzzer on the door and was let in by a security guard. He smiled at the older man, "hey, uhm, I'm looking for Kate..." He smiled a bit, hoping the guard would let him in. He glanced at Owen and then the flowers, "Kate..." He said, thinking, "young gal, green eyes?" Owen smiled and nodded, "yeah, yeah that's her." The security guard went over to his desk and dialed a number, "yeah I've got a young man to see you Kate..."

EnglishBelle
01-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Kate heard her phone ring and groaned. Who wanted her now? "Katherine James. Oh hey Jimmy, sure that's fine send him up.." She said softly down the phone, hanging up and carrying on with her work. If she carried on, she'd be done by 9 and then she could go home and have her weekend to herself. Maybe she'd even go to a bar for one drink just to unwind.

She heard the lift ping halfway across the office but didn't bother to look up and see who it was. She pushed the half drunk cold coffee across her desk, along with the half eaten sandwich she'd gotten from the machine for her dinner. Even though she could eat what she like, she never ate much when working, she was always too busy and too stressed to even think about food.

Notty
01-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Owen stepped out of the elevator and glanced around. He ran his hand through his hair as he stepped out and glanced around the office. "Kate?" He called out, beginning to wander through the maze of offices and cubicles. He finally saw a light ahead, it was late, and so it was mostly likely her. He moved closer, smiling nervously.

"Hey you...." Owen said softly when he saw Kate, placing a hand on the small of her back. "These are for you," he said with a small smile, handing her the bouquet of wildflowers. His eyes scanned her face, trying to gauge her emotions, to see what her reaction was to him and the flowers.

EnglishBelle
01-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Kate jumped a little when she felt a hand on her back and looked up, a few strands of hair falling down by the side of her face. Her face lit up when she saw Owen. She beamed, she'd missed him a lot and thought she'd never see him again. She blushed a little as he gave her the flowers.

"Oh Owen, they're beautiful...I've never been given flowers before." She closed her eyes and smelt them before putting them down, standing up and putting her arms around his neck, hugging him. "I've missed you. I thought I wouldn't see you again." She whispered. What are you doing woman? He turns up after a week with a bunch of flowers, no emails or calls....You should be angry with him!

Notty
01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Owen smiled and pulled his arms around her, hugging her tightly. He pulled back and kissed her firmly, tenderly. God, I've missed those lips. He pulled back and rested his forehead against hers. "I'm sorry Kate, I dropped the ball, I really did. I'm sorry." He whispered, kissing her again gently.

He pulled back slowly and tucked the loose strands of hair behind her ear. "Still working?" He asked, glancing around. He let his hand rest on her side as he stood near, a smile on his face. "Want to let this wait until Monday? We could go get some dinner or something?" He let his hand gently rub her side. Unbelievably happy to be back with Kate, to have her near. Suddenly it became so obvious to him how lonely he had been the past week. And how badly he wanted Kate in his life.

EnglishBelle
01-20-2014, 06:48 PM
She shook her head as he rested his forehead against hers. "You don't need to apologize Owen...You already have. By coming here." She smiled and kissed his lips softly again. "Yeah, my boss gave me everything this week to do that I missed when I was away." She rolled her eyes.

"He's such a lech. I was actually gonna finish up in the next hour, but now seems like a good enough time. Dinner sounds great. I've got a few things in so I could cook? I've got some beers in too." She smiled, shutting down her computer, slipping her pumps back on and her work into her bag.

Notty
01-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Owen smiled and nodded, "that sounds perfect." He gently rubbed her back and waited for her to gather all her things. "Anything I can carry for you?" he asked, gently taking her bag from her and shouldering it. He pulled his arm around her waist and walked with her to the elevator. "How has your week been?" Owen asked as they stepped in and the doors shut. He pressed a gentle kiss to the top of her head, inhaling her perfume.

"I missed you Kate." he murmured softly, hugging her to him again. The elevator moved slowly, and Owen was grateful for their moments of quiet intimacy before the doors were opened and they stepped out onto the main floor. He smiled and nodded to the security guard, waving with his free hand, his other around Kate. "Have a good night sir!" he said, opening the door for Kate and leading her out onto the street.

EnglishBelle
01-20-2014, 08:51 PM
"Ace that's sorted then. Chicken Carbonara for two." Kate smiled, putting her coat on and wrapping a cream silk scarf around her neck, tucking it into her coat. "Er hey!" She grinned and raised an eyebrow at him as Owen took her bag from her. "Why did you ask that question if you're going to take my bag anyway?" Kate pushed her handbag up onto her shoulder as they stepped into the elevator.

"Busy. Apart from work, I haven't done much. Going out next Friday though. Some of the girls from the office downstairs are going out and invited me for drinks after work." She smiled and nestled against Owen as they went down in the elevator.

"I missed you too Owen." She whispered against him before the doors pinged open out into the reception on the ground floor. "Goodnight Jimmy." Kate smiled as she went off with Owen. The air was cold and fresh and Kate huddled against Owen. "You okay walking? Or we can get a cab, up to you. It's quite a walk."

Notty
01-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Owen shrugged a bit, pulling Kate closer. "Doesn't matter to me. What would you prefer? I'm not the one in heels." he chuckled, then leaned down and kissed just below her ear. "I could always carry you though." he said with a smile. Reaching down, he intertwined his fingers with Kate's, waiting for her response. "How about we start walking, and then if we get tired, we can catch a cab?" he suggested, kissing the top of her hand. "How does that sound?"

He couldn't wait to spend the evening with her, and potentially the weekend. It had been a miserably long week without her, he could hardly believe how much he had missed her. He leaned down and kissed her deeply, not caring that they were in public or how many people passed by. He had to kiss her. To feel her lips on his. Pulling back slowly, he grinned sheepishly, "couldn't help myself."

EnglishBelle
01-21-2014, 01:05 PM
She stuck her tongue out at his comment about her wearing heels. "Nothing wrong with wearing heels...Makes me a little taller." She grinned, still a little shorter than Owen though. Kate shivered a little when she felt his kiss just below her ear and felt her cheeks redden. "You are not carrying me.." She smirked and smiled as he linked their fingers together.

"Oh screw it. Let's get a cab. I hardly ever do, so this time I'll make an exception." She smiled and hailed a cab, a few whistles coming her direction from passing men. She rolled her eyes and settled against Owen as they waited for the cab to pull up beside them.

A few people cheered when Owen kissed Kate and she melted into it. She had never been kissed in public before but right now, she couldn't care less. She wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him back a little passionately. When Owen pulled away, Kate felt so warm and a smile spread across her face. "You can do that anytime.." She whispered before noticing the cab and climbing in after Owen.

Notty
01-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Owen grinned, "good to know," he murmured as he climbed into the cab and settled in. He pulled his arm around her and scooted her close, kissing the top of her head as the cab pulled away, starting towards Kate's apartment. "How was your week?" he asked, gently rubbing her arm to ward away the cold of the night.

They talked happily as the cab weaved in and out of traffic, taking them to Kate's apartment. Owen couldn't have been happier. He didn't care where they were going or what they were doing, as long as he was with Kate, everything seemed to be fine.

He gently laced his fingers with hers and brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. "I missed you," he murmured, then leaned over and kissed her gently. "And I'm glad we are having dinner." His eyes moved over her in the semi-darkness of the cab and he grinned a bit, "I can't promise how much of a help I will be, but you can always put me on dish duty."

EnglishBelle
01-21-2014, 07:27 PM
She rested her head against his shoulder as the cab started to move, feeling the tiredness set in already, but then again Kate was pretty used to it. "My week? The same as always. Busy, busy busy. No rest for the wicked." She grinned and looked up at Owen, pressing a soft kiss to the underside of his jaw.

It usually took her about an hour to walk home, so the cab drive should have taken them less but not this time due to the traffic. She lived a little way downtown in an old apartment building. Her apartment was small but she found it suited what she needed and it was just what she could afford.

"Dish duty hey? You can be the human dishwasher..." She grinned. "That's another super power of yours." She laughed a little and kissed his cheek. Soon enough they were outside of the apartment building where she lived. She would normally feel a little embarrassed about taking anyone here, but not Owen. Paying for the cab, she led Owen into the building. "Hope your legs are up to it. I'm on the top floor. Only three floors up." She grinned, taking his hand.

Notty
01-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Owen was happy to see how much affection Kate was showing him, and was more than willing to give it back. He laced his fingers in with hers and nodded, "I most certainly am" he said with a smile, leaning over and kissing her gently before following her up the stairs. He climbed slowly with her, glancing around and taking in the building.

"You know, I always imagined you in some high story, skyscraper kind of building." He said with a smile, gently squeezing her hand. "But this....fits." He kissed her quickly, "not to say that you don't deserve a skyscraper penthouse...because you do..." Owen groaned softly and ran his hand through his hair, trying to recover. "Sorry, you know what I mean, right?" he said with a boyish smile, his face reddening a bit.

EnglishBelle
01-21-2014, 11:12 PM
"Oh you did huh? Yeah I did ask for one of those, but they had none left." She grinned as she searched for her keys in her handbag. "At the time when I moved, this was one of the only places I could afford and I've grown to like it. I know most people would turn their nose up at it, but I don't care. It's home for me now." She smiled as she found them, opening the door and letting him in.

"You look cute when you blush, must remember to let you dig yourself into a hole more often." She laughed, and kissed his red cheeks. "I know what you mean sweetie, don't worry about that. You make yourself at home whilst I get on with dinner...Want a beer?" She asked as she slipped her pumps off, leaving them by the front door along with her bag and coat. Kate disappeared off into the kitchen and came back with two beers in her hand, one for Owen and one for herself. "See if there's anything on television if you like or put a film on, I shouldn't be too long." She smiled and went back into the kitchen.

Her apartment was.....cosy. Most people would say small, but Kate would say cosy. There was the main room with the television in, a small kitchen, bathroom and bedroom down the hall. A few messy charcoal sketches were laid out on the coffee table that she'd forgotten to tidy away, but apart from that, the place was pretty tidy. She'd put the flowers that he'd given her in a small blue glass vase and put them on the windowsill.

Notty
01-22-2014, 04:35 AM
Owen smiled and took the beer from her, "thanks babe." he murmured, kissing her cheek before she turned and went back into the kitchen. He stepped into the living room, glancing around it with a smile. Settling down at the coffee table, he glanced through the sketches, shaking his head in awe as he looked over each one. So carefully drawn, tended to by the artists loving hand. He smiled, brushing his thumb over the edges of them.

After a few minutes, Owen stood and walked into the kitchen, leaning against the doorframe for a moment, just watching her. She moved so easily and fluidly in the kitchen, and he couldn't help but smile. Coming up behind her, he put his arms around her and kissed her shoulder. "Need any help? I'd rather be in here with you than watching the tv by myself."

This place was perfect, exactly what he would have imagined for Kate. And to be honest, he would be completely happy being somewhere like this. His hands gently rubbed her sides as he held her while she cooked.

EnglishBelle
01-22-2014, 07:17 AM
Kate smiled as he kissed her cheek back. She was liking this. The whole being around someone and having someone around. It had been too long and even though Owen was in the other room, Kate didn't feel lonely. She hummed to herself, the radio on as she started to cook. She was still dressed in her work clothes and would get changed after this. Maybe he'd want to stay? That would be lovely. She smiled, taking another swig of her beer.

She giggled as she felt his kiss on her shoulder, not able to help her cheeks going red. "Nope, it's nearly done. Hope you're hungry tonight." She grinned as she reached up into the cupboard and pulled out a couple of plates. "Actually yes. The dining table still has some stuff on, just move it for me please? And then dinner will be served." She turned to smile, her green eyes sparkling.

Kate served up the food onto plates and carried it through, going back for her beer. "I hope it's alright for you, one of my favourites." She smiled and began to eat, the question of him staying weighing on her mind until she couldn't wait. "Owen, would you erm...would you like to stay here tonight? It's cool if not.." She played with her pasta while she waited for him to answer.

Notty
01-22-2014, 12:26 PM
"Sure thing," he said, planting another kiss on her shoulder before setting his beer on the counter and starting to clear off the table. Taking the plates from her, he set the table, rummaging through drawers until he found the silverware. Putting their drinks on the table, he sat down across from her, a smile on his face.

He took a bite of the food and smiled, "this is amazing Kate. A lot better than the cooking at my house." He chuckled a bit and took another bite. When she asked if he would stay, he grinned widely, reaching over and taking her hand in his. "I'd love to." He murmured as he brushed his thumb over the top of her hand and continued eating.

Once dinner was over, Alex stood and took their plates. "You cooked, I'll wash up." He said with a smile, carrying everything over to the sink and starting the dishes. This feels so natural. So comfortable. I want it to be like this the time.

EnglishBelle
01-22-2014, 04:36 PM
"Well I'm glad you think so. I love to cook but I just don't have the time. It's nice to have somebody to enjoy my cooking for once." She smiled and took a bite, looking down at her hand in his as he answered her. "Ace! I even have a spare toothbrush you can borrow.." She grinned and continued eating until her plate was clear.

"Aw you're such a sweetheart. Well I'm going to go change if that's okay? Help yourself to another beer if you want!" She called as she walked down to her bedroom. Once there, she pushed the door closed a little. Sitting down on the bed, Kate took her skirt off and blouse before peeling her stockings off. She stood in just her underwear now and threw on an old band t shirt and a pair of red plaid pajama bottoms. Her long hair she pulled the pins from and let it uncurl down her back.

Notty
01-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Owen smiled and nodded, working on the dishes in the sink until they were all finished. He wiped the table and pushed in the chairs. Glancing around the small kitchen, he couldn't help but smile. Visions of him and Kate, cooking like they had earlier filled his mind. He ran his hand through his hair and walked into the living room, settling back down on the couch.

A toothbrush, huh? he thought to himself as he glanced through her sketches again. Maybe I should get a toothbrush for my place when she comes over. Or...we could get a place.... he grinned wide at the thought, looking like a love-struck schoolboy.

EnglishBelle
01-23-2014, 12:03 AM
Smiling, Kate came from her bedroom after tidying it slightly, not wanting Owen to think she was that messy. Heading into the kitchen, she grabbed a couple more beers and handed one to him. "If you don't want it, it's cool but after the week I've had, I could do with one." She grinned, sipping on it and sitting on the couch the other end to him.

Kate noticed the sketches that were out and quickly pushed them all together and put them underneath the table out of sight. "Sorry, I should have tidied, but I didn't know that you were just going to turn up. You could have let me know via super hero communication." She grinned and settled down, her neck and back were in agony from sitting down all week for longer than normal.

Notty
01-23-2014, 12:38 AM
"No no no," Owen said, reaching down for her hand after she pushed away the sketches. "They're very good." he said with a smile, scooting over closer to her. "I looked through them," then blushed a little. "I hope you don't mind. But... they're very good Kate. Really." He smiled and put his arm around her, gently hugging her to his side.

"So, tell me about Kate." he said with a smile, "what is an English beauty like you doing in New York?" gently rubbed her side as his eyes moved over her face, tucking some hair behind her ear. "or if you'd like, I can tell you a little about me." Opening his bottle of beer, he took another drink, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

EnglishBelle
01-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Kate found herself blushing at his compliment. "You think so? It's just a little hobby of mine that I enjoy. I did used to want to do art, but found that photojournalism would be more useful." She took a sip of her beer, and smiled. "That's kind of you to say so Owen..."

"There's not much to tell really...You already pretty much know about me." She felt herself pull away a little from him. She didn't want to tell him about her family or the scar just under her breast. None of it. It wasn't that she thought he wouldn't understand or anything, just that...she didn't want to. "English beauty huh?" She grinned and raised an eyebrow, sipping again on her beer. "Sure, tell me about Owen." She smiled and settled against the sofa, turning to sit cross legged to look at him.

Notty
01-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Owen smiled and kissed her forehead, "yep. English beauty." He smiled and rubbed her shoulder slightly. "Hmm, well let's see. I teach English. Always wanted a dog. Don't have any siblings, and my mom passed away a while ago." He cleared his throat a bit, "Dad ran off when I was real young, never knew him." He smiled and kissed her forehead again.

"Can't say I'm too exciting, just me." He took a drink of his beer and smiled, staring out into space for a while. "Always wanted to travel, never had much of a chance to do it though." He shrugged a bit and then laughed, "dig myself into holes, but you already knew that."

EnglishBelle
01-24-2014, 12:44 AM
"I'm sorry to hear that about your family. I...I know how that feels. I lost my family when I was younger. I lost my parents in a car crash. That's why I was kinda antsy about the whole driving back thing." She felt sorry for him that he'd never really known his dad. She'd bet everything that he looked like his dad, but was probably more like his mom personality wise.

"Well I like just you." She smiled and shifted slightly, sipping on her beer. "I'd love a dog too, but I don't have the room here and my Landlord isn't the most friendliest of guys so wouldn't want to do anything to piss him off. You? Dig yourself into holes? Never!" She laughed and rested back against the arm of the sofa. She was about half way through her second beer. "How sleepy are you?"

Notty
01-24-2014, 02:46 AM
Owen shook his head and smiled, lacing her fingers with his. "Don't worry about it, and I understand." He kissed her temple, letting his lips linger there for a moment. "I'm sorry about your parents, I bet they were great just like you."

Raising an eyebrow, Owen smiled. "I don't know, I'm not exhausted...why?" He couldn't help his growing grin, wondering what Kate had up her sleeve. "Do you have something in mind?" He laughed a bit and turned more towards her, "is there some weird English ritual I have to go through to become your proper boyfriend?" he teased, his smile ever growing.

EnglishBelle
01-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Kate raised an eyebrow at him and then grinned; shaking her head. "Errr no. Well not one I've come up with anyway..." She stood up, putting her beer down and pushing her hair over her shoulder. "I hope you're not scared of heights." She grinned, going over to a shoe rack and slipping on a pair of sneakers and a grey zip up hoodie.

Kate moved over to a window, opening it wide enough so they could fit through it. She grinned and took his hand. "Follow me!" She was like a kid at Christmas. She headed up the fire escape until they were both on the roof. There were a few seats dotted about and one was an old wooden bench. She led him over to this and made him sit down. The air was fresh, fresh enough so that your breath was visible.

The sky was so beautiful at night and that's why she'd brought him up there. "Look! Look up at the sky! Isn't it beautiful? All those stars...." Her eyes lit up as she gazed upon them, her hand still holding his.

Notty
01-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Owen chuckled and pulled his jacket back on as Kate dragged him over to the window. He glanced down at the street below and swallowed a bit, forcing himself forward, not wanting to lose face in front of Kate. Climbing the fire escape just behind her, he stepped up onto the roof with her, grinning a bit.

"This is amazing..." he breathed, settling down next to her with a smile. "How did you find this place?" Owen asked, pulling Kate closer and rubbing her side, keeping her warm. His eyes danced over the night sky, taking in the stark difference of the city around them, and the stars above them.

After a few minutes, Owen turned to Kate, gently turning her face to his and kissed her deeply, trying to tell her, to explain to her through his kiss, how much he loved her.

EnglishBelle
01-24-2014, 03:00 PM
"Well you know me..." She grinned and shivered a little. "I like to explore and one day when I finished work early, I decided to see if there was anything up here. The bench and chairs were already here, but I love coming here. It's so beautiful when all the stars are out at night and I can come here to think." She let Owen pull her close and felt his hand on her side.

"I'm glad I met you Owen. You're different you know? From everyone else and that's what I like about you..." She whispered, looking at him before she felt his lips on hers. She moaned softly as he kissed her. She moved her arms to wrap around his neck, running her fingers through his hair and then over the back of his neck.

Notty
01-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Owen smiled against the kiss, pulling her closer, his arms wrapped around her back. He loved how she felt against him, warm, small, a perfect fit. He slowly pulled back, but stayed close, letting their noses touch. "I'm glad I met you too Kate, even if it wasn't in the best of circumstances."

It was strange, he hadn't really thought about the crash in a while, it seemed like it was a thousand years ago, some distant memory. But really, it had only bee a few weeks.

He smiled a little more and nudged her nose with his. "Next time we come up here, we should bring some hot cocoa or something." he whispered, feeling how cold her nose was. Leaning down, he kissed her again, his hands toying with the ends of her hair, twirling and curling them around the ends of his fingers.

EnglishBelle
01-24-2014, 03:59 PM
"Hot cocoa sounds great...Although you'd need to make it, I'm no good at it." She grinned and just enjoyed his hands playing with her hair. She was glad she'd had a shower that morning before work, meaning that her hair was silky soft. "I'd love to stay up here for longer, but the cocoa sounds tempting and it's getting pretty chilly up here right now.." Kate stood up and wrapped her arms around. Compared to him, she was only wearing a thin hoodie.

She led the way back down and slid into her apartment again through the window. Going over to the radiator, she put the heating on. It was a little chilly in here, she had to admit and she didn't want Owen to get cold. "How about you make us some cocoa then before bed? There's stuff in the cupboard...Help yourself." Kate smiled, closing the window and tidying up a little.

Notty
01-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Owen clamored back down the fire escape with her, making sure the window was locked well before nodding. "Sounds great babe," he murmured, kissing the top of her head as he stepped into the kitchen.

Pulling the ingredients from the cupboard, he started a pot on the stove, stirring it slowly, a slight smile on his lips as he thought about what his weekend with Kate might hold. Ladeling the cocoa into two mugs, he carefully carried the steaming liquid into the livingroom, handing her a mug. "Here you are my dear," he said, settling down slowly onto the couch so not to spill it.

Stretching out a bit, Owen waited for his cocoa to cool, his eyes on Kate. He liked this. Just them, in the apartment on a Friday night. They didn't need to do anything special or fancy. This was perfect.

"I start back to teaching next Tuesday." he said softly, taking a hesitant sip of his cocoa, not wanting to burn his lips.

EnglishBelle
01-25-2014, 03:13 PM
"Aw thanks sweetie, it smells so good.." She smiled and took the steaming mug of cocoa from him. Waiting for it to cool a little, she stretched out on the sofa but was careful not to kick him. Taking her mug, she took a small sip of it and smiled.

"Mmmmm. That is just delicious. I think you shall have to teach me how to make cocoa and then I can make it for you one day.." She grinned, moving to nestle against Owen. "Oh yeah? That sounds good...Maybe I could come visit you one day at the university, hope I wouldn't put you off." She winked and laughed.

After finishing her cocoa, Kate was beginning to get sleepy and she shivered a little bit; yawning. "Hmmmm can we go and snuggle in bed? I'm getting sleepy..."

Notty
01-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Owen smiled and reached down, rubbing her leg a little. "I'd like it if you came to visit me." He grinned a bit more, "most people who come to visit me are either asking how to not fail my class, or telling me to do more work." He chuckled a bit and finished his cocoa, gently taking her empty mug from her.

"Yeah, let's go to bed baby," he whispered, standing slowly and going into the kitchen rinsing out the mugs. Meeting Jess in the living room, he took her hand and pulled her close, walking with her into the bedroom. He laughed a bit and ran his hand through his hair. "Didn't think about pajamas..." He said, "and I don't think I'd fit yours...."

He began slowly peeling off his clothes until he got down to his boxers and an undershirt. "Is this okay?"

EnglishBelle
01-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Kate get settled into the bed, pulling down the covers on the other side for him, blushing a little as she realised she was watching him get undressed.

"Um yeah, yes sorry that's fine with me..As long as you'll be warm enough? Maybe next time you could leave a pair of pajamas here and then you wouldn't forget?" She grinned as he slipped into the bed beside her. Kate wasn't used to sleeping in a bed with someone and didn't know if you were supposed to cuddle with that person or just go to sleep. She didn't want Owen to think her rude.

She turned on her side and noticed he had his eyes closed. Guessing he's asleep then. She smiled as she watching him breathing, not saying a word. Kate wanted ever so much to run her fingers over his soft skin, to press her lips once more with his. Careful not to disturb him, Kate snuggled down, still lying on her side and closed her eyes.

Notty
01-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Owen opened his eyes and smiled a bit in the darkness, then turned his body and gently pulled Kate against him. "I've missed you," he whispered, kissing her shoulder. His bed had been too big, too cold since she had gone home. "It feels good to be here...." Then he kissed her shoulder again and gently rubbed her side, letting himself slowly drift to sleep.

It was the best night of sleep Owen had got since she had left. Holding her gently, keeping her safe and close. He loved her. He knew it. He was sure of it. He wanted things to be like this all the time.

EnglishBelle
01-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Kate started to drift off, waking a little when she felt Owen pulling her close to him and the heat of his body next to hers. A smile appeared on her soft lips. "I've missed you too.." She whispered back, yawning and falling asleep in his arms.

The next morning Kate slept in longer than normal. She hardly ever slept in, but had switched her alarm off the night before, wanting to stay in bed with Owen for as long as she could. Kate mumbled a little in her sleep and rolled over and out of his arms, kicking the covers off at the same time.

Notty
01-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Owen groaned when he felt the cool air hit his legs, reaching blindly down for the blankets. "Kate..." He mumbled, feeling the absence of her warmth. Sleepily, he opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Kate still beside him. "Hey..." He whispered, scooting over in bed and pulling the blankets over them again and taking her in his arms. "You trying to freeze me out?" He chuckled.

He was in no hurry to climb out of bed, so he stayed there, holding Kate and keeping her safe and warm. He was vaguely reminded of their time after the crash. When they had found the cabin and shared the bed for the first time. Then, it was out of survival, but now- it was love.