PDA

View Full Version : Escape from Pandora instalation

Kimmolito
07-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Experimentation on people has become exceedingly common, naturally, officially it’s still illegal, and nobody is doing it. It’s all a lie, the imperial government is doing it, snatching undesirables, homeless people and criminals, people who won’t be missed and take them to the Pandora installation.

The Pandora installation is a space station circling Pandora, a planet which is essentially a barren rock. The Terran Empire established it as a research base, it has slowly developed into acting as a high security prison. That is the official story but the people taken there aren’t there to serve their sentences, they’re there to be human test subjects.

Everyone knows, that people who go to Pandora don’t come back. What goes on inside that place… there are wild speculations of course, but anyone expressing these publically, are usually soon found guilty for a crime or another.

The scientists and security personal sign a contract to never disclose anything they see or hear inside and are paid accordingly. The standard is working for five years, this would leave you financially independent for the rest of your life.

Well, there we have the background. The idea for this RP is that the players will be test subjects, who have in one way or another been experimented on, which has given them some abilities. You can go wild with these, I’ll allow almost anything.

In any case, I’ll take on the role as head scientist and security chief and act as antagonists towards the players.

At the start of the RP you’ll be in your respective holding cells, suffice to say, shit will go down and then get heck out.

Name: (Do… I really need to explain this one?)
Specimen number: (Any random three digit number)
Appearance: (This is what you see in the mirror)
Ability: (What ability has the doctors horrible poking given YOU?)
Personality: (Don’t worry, anyone would turn crazy in this place, I don’t judge)
Background: (Who were YOU before you were kidnapped, drugged and turned into a monster?)

Yeah, I sort of tossed this together on a whim, if it’s a pile of smoking shit, please inform me of it…

The Magnan
07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
This looks interesting finally a roleplay where i could use my E-Humans.

Auki
07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey there~ C:
If you're looking for members, why not submit this roleplay for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905), put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?
:kailya:

Higurashi
07-22-2010, 08:37 PM
(WHole sheet is a mass effect refference)

Name: Jack
Specimen number: 666 (yah, I know)
Appearance: http://pageeks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/wallpaper-13-1280x1024.jpg
Ability: Telekenisis
Personality: Not insane... barely. She hates everything and everyone with a vengence. She does still have a thing for powerful guys, but she doesn't have any opprotunity to express that. (Sorry, thats sort of a sum up.)
Background: Jack was a homeless girl, living in streets of the Mega-city, previously name Chicago. She was born homeless, and throughout her life, until she was sixteen, she left not impact on the world. Then, she was taken by the men from Pandora. All other historicla records are non-existant except for her birthdate, which is a closely guarded secret.

Kimmolito
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Ok, nice, now, at the start, you'll be wearing a collar restricting your abilities, forgot to mention that...

Higurashi
07-22-2010, 10:55 PM
You think I don't expect that :P?

The Magnan
07-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Name: Jericho

specimen number: 765

Appearance: Jericho wears a short sleeved torn brown shirt, and baggy trousers. He has little hair, and his face is covered in purple blotches. His skin is is pale and his eyes are dark red.

Abilities: Resistant to Temporal or Telepathic gifts. And like most of his kind can infect those he seriously wounds or in most cases kills by producing Element 765 in his saliva or hands.

Personality: He is extremely violent however due to being severed from the Hive he has regain some of his human self. Scientist have managed to help him remember how to talk. He is no longer a mindless E-Human Mutant.
Background: Formally known as Walter he served on the Xscalibur a Research Vessel before the outbreak of the E-Virus. When the Hive Mind gained control of the ship and transformed it into the Hive Ship. Walter and a few survivors tried to regain control. They suffered the same fate as their fellow crew. Walter did not know how he got severed from Hive only the voices in his head stopped. He slowly remembered his past, and when the scientists captured him they named him Jericho.

Is that good enough.

Kimmolito
07-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Yeah, very nice, I like it

The Magnan
07-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks, I can't wait to roleplay.

Kimmolito
07-23-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm working on my characters now, so as soon as those are ready we can pretty much get started I guess.

Kimmolito
07-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Here are my characters.

Name: Dr. Dietrich Hess

Appearance: Short cut black hair, thin black framed glasses. Wears a lab coat at all times. His facial features are sharp and his grey eyes betray his sadism in an instant. He’s got thin lips and always seems to be smirking. His build is very thin and he’s got big bags under his eyes since he rarely eats or sleeps. Caucasian.

Personality: A methodical sadist who takes an almost perverse pleasure in the experiments he’s conducting. He’s a competent scientist in the field of genetic engineering. He thinks of the test subjects as nothing more than their specimen number. He’s very full of himself believing himself to be the greatest scientific mind of the century. He’s also a coward and would gladly sacrifice the entire facility if it meant that he would get away.

Background: He was deemed unfit to be a doctor after having gone through a psych evaluation labeling him as a dangerous sadist. Despite this, he had an impressive score from university and was contacted by the government. He was given a job as a simple researcher on the Pandora installation. Over the years he worked his way up until he acquired the position as head of research.

Name: Chiquita Espinosa

Appearance: Military cut brown hair, green eyes. Wears a black combat suit and body armor. Knife in left boot, gun holster on right hip. Her build is muscular, like you’d expect from a merc, her facial features are pretty rough. Latin American.

Personality: Very professional, doesn’t give jack shit about who she’s working for as long as she’s getting paid. She likes a challenge, so she isn’t too happy about her current occupation, but she’s paid enough to put up with it for a while. She’s somewhat fascinated with the test subjects, having stated several times she’d like to kill one. An expert marksman and close quarters fighter, she’s a very capable soldier.

Background: A career mercenary, she’s taken part in many conflicts and has earned quite a reputation. The Terran Government contacted her with a contract as chief of security at the Pandora Installation, at first she hesitated, but when they mentioned her fee she accepted. Arriving there she got to know what they were doing, since then, she’s been waiting for something to go wrong so she could put some holes in a few of those freaks.

Well then, I don't know if you want to start right away, or if you want to wait for any more players before starting, I'm fine with either.

iamaninja
07-24-2010, 02:35 AM
I'll whip up a CS for this, it looks pretty good

PantsTheReaper
07-24-2010, 03:27 AM
If I may:

Name: Tepin

Specimen number: 724

Appearance: Messy dark hair and slightly pale skin. Usually wears a dull-green jumpsuit. Eyes are a dark brown. The pockets carry several lighters and batteries tied with a highly conductive thread.

Ability: His body constantly creates an easily convertible energy. The energy must be expelled at regular intervals, or else his body will overload and give off an extreme discharge that will kill him. He can convert the energy at will. As a defense mechanism, his body will instantly discharge energy in the form of a concussive blast when it is attacked in the direction of the attacker.

Personality: Due to several deaths in his presence, Tepin acts cold to everyone he meets to give them no reason to come back. He's lost almost all social etiquette because of this and has become socially naïve.

Background: In the Pandora installation, he was used as one of the generators. His collar was hooked up to storage tanks and central wiring for the facility. The jumpsuit he wears was issued to him for storing excess energy; up to twenty-four hours worth. Through testing, it was discovered that he can turn the energy into a highly flammable gas that he can breath, and is capable of overloading batteries to the point of explosion. After this, Tepin has also been put through weapon testing for military use.

iamaninja
07-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Name: Tomas Aquila

Specimen number: 158

Appearance: http://tomopop.com/ul/9857-dcuc-batman-figures/killercroc-550x.jpg(Disclaimer: Killer Croc belongs to the DC Universe, I am merely using this image)
He has been mutated horribly, courtesy of gene splicing reptilian DNA into his own and his collar is more to keep him in check then null his ability, you wouldn’t want an angry mutant trying to tear your arm off and beat you to death with it, would you?

Ability:
He heals at a much faster rate then normal and can even re-grow teeth, can hold his breath under-water for up to two-and-a-half hours and is extremely strong. His skin is hardened to the degree that it is nearly impenetrable to ordinary forms of abrasion including (some) high caliber weapons fired from a (long) distance. He possesses a degree of super strength; for example, he is able to tear a heavy steel door off of its hinges with near-minimal effort. He possesses superhuman reflexes and speed, especially while he is moving underwater. Aquila also has an enhanced sense of smell.

Personality: Tomas used to be a calm and tolerant guy, careful not to cause other harm, now, well he’s still careful but only so he can get close enough to tear his tormentors apart. He is withdrawn but aggressive, rarely speaks, preferring to snarl or growl at nearly anyone. He is very territorial with his cell and will quite often try to attack those outside it. He prefers to eat fresh meat if he can get it and nearly killed a rookie guard once.

Background:
Tomas was an all-round nice guy, he had a family a good job and his size generally meant he was not bothered by street toughs or the like. That all changed when he overheard something he shouldn’t have, you see, Tomas has had a history of being in the ‘wrong place at the wrong time’, usually he was able to go on without too much fuss; but this time what he had overheard had dire repercussions.

Suffice to say, his entire family, uncles, cousins, wife, kids and anyone of them who had been in contact with him for the past two years tended to die in horrible freak accidents, of course, no-one was blamed; they were just accidents after all, if tragic.
And during the fuss, not a soul noticed when Aquila just vanished, people went on with their lives and no questions were asked.
---
That’s it, if I need to change anything in it, say so

Kimmolito
07-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Very nice! I like those two, they'll do marvelously.

iamaninja
07-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Hells yeah! Cant wait to get started

Tarent
07-24-2010, 02:32 PM
A nice one to get me started on this forum. Just give me a few to whip up a character.

Tarent
07-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Name: Simon "Sypher" Bollgard

Specimen number: 406

Appearance: A slender and non-threatening look, dark dreads to his waiste, clouded brown eyes, tan skin, usually found in urban wear.

Ability: The ability to see as he was blind, along with all other senses heightend. A small side effect makes him slip into fits of speaking in a diffent language, though he only knows English.

Personality: Usually calm, and very sensible, but can be annoyed easily.

Background: Sypher was a leader in one of the most violent gangs in England. He was born blind, and yet still ran the gang with an iron fist. Bank heists, drug dealing, murder, kidnapping, and many other things to rip off people for money. A truly evil man, and his calm and centered smile even while killing is haunting.

Kimmolito
07-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Nice one, he'll do just fine

Kimmolito
07-25-2010, 01:54 PM
So, what do you say guys, are we getting this show on the road?

thesouleater
07-25-2010, 04:27 PM
OOH! *sticks up hand* May I join first? o_o Wait, another question, is it against rules to participate in two RPs at once? That would be kind of stupid. =\ If it isn't:

Name: William (preferably 'Will') Halt

Specimen number: 604

Appearance: (I'll eventually draw a picture for this) Will has shiny black hair that (if worn down) sits on his shoulders. It's pretty much just a shaggy mop of shiny black hair. He almost always wears his hair up in a small pony-tail, his bangs left down. His eyes have been changing colours since he was taken away from his life, but the original colour was a bright blue. He wears a destroyed black suit, ripped and torn over the time he has had to wear it as his only outfit. ([I]kind of based[I] off of Allen Walker from D. Gray-Man and Sebastian Michaelis from Kuroshitsuji, but not the same. But just in case, I do not own these characters)

Ability: Will can form any part of his body into a blade, sharp or dull. He can move extremely quick and can slightly morph himself to look a little bit different from his original look, but he can only hold a new look for a little over an hour.

Personality: Will has already gone crazy, but in the beginning it was an act that turned into reality. Other than his craziness, he's a nice guy that enjoys mathematics and science.

Background: Will's family was running low on money after he lost his job, so went to a bank and stole some money a year back. He would never had done it out of pure greed, he had a reason. But bad things always happen to good people and he was caught by the police a month later during his brother's wedding. He's been at the Pandora facilities since then.

EDIT: I edited a little bit of the background and added Will's abilities.

Kimmolito
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd really like it if you put in the power there, since the scientists would know. I can wait until you've figured out one unless it takes too long.

And I can't imagine there being a rule against being in two RP's at the same time.

Insanity
07-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Name: Nouma Sai

Specimen number: 002

Appearance: http://tokala.deviantart.com/art/Whisper-Insanity-73621315?q=boost%3Apopular+Insanity&qo=127

Ability: Alter reality. He can to an extent change matter around him, for example make things appear from nowhere, or change the shape of objects. His powers usually doesn't work on humans, except for on himself, but a few unlucky scientists have had their arms changed in to tentacles, their legs in to solid steel, or other things.

Personality: He's usually very calm, cooperative, and seems pretty happy with his current life. He can, however, have bad days, where he will do whatever damage he can to his surroundings.

Background: Before he was taken he was a pretty normal kid, though slightly misunderstood by his parents. He didn't really like hanging out with other kids his age, and because of that mostly spent his time inside, usually reading books or watching TV. After multiple failed attempts to get him to do something with his life, except just study and be by himself, his parents began blaming each other for his reclusive behavior.

They soon divorced, and Sai began living with his mother, since his father had taken up drinking and was seen unfit to take care of him. He still saw his father every other weekend.

After about a year his mother met a new man, and soon after he came to live with them. Sai had felt uneasy from the start, but seeing his mother happy again was enough to push those feelings aside, and all seemed fine. But the happy life didn't last long, the man began to show his true self, and started abusing both Sai and his mother. The abusing escalated, and Sai pleaded to his mother to leave, and report it to the police. But she refused, and said that she loved him too much, and that he was just having a rough time, that things would change.

One night, the man punched Sai's mother so hard that she passed out, and Sai who had held back all his rage just couldn't take it any more. He grabbed a large knife and stabbed the man sever times in the back.

Sai, who at the time was 18 years old, was found guilty of first degree murder, and sent of to Pandora.

((is this ok?))

Trance Kitsune
07-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Name: Chestel Slekhov
Specimen number: 525
Appearance: http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/Julez_Kitsune09/Human%20girl%20anime/65.jpg
Ability: While the process blinded her, Chestel gained power over her hair, which had become prehensile.
Personality: She's kind and sweet most of the time, but the second something sets her off, it's like she's gone insane.
Background: She believes that the spirit of her sister has bestowed her these gifts. She believes this is all her sister's planning. Before this point, she was in a psych hospital, but she killed one of the assistants using a knife she had stashed away, claiming her sister told her to do it.

Kimmolito
07-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Alright! Nice, these are all great, well, I'm starting it now any people who join later can just dropp in.

Insanity
07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
I would like to apologize if my writing seems a bit irregular, I'm still sort of in the process of figuring out how I want to write this character.

Tarent
07-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Ah, started already, let me just get a post type out.

Higurashi
07-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I ish sorry D: I wasn't here and will be gone till the 31st D:

The Magnan
07-28-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry for my late post my laptop's broken so i have not been on.

Boss-Lolita
08-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Ooo, can I still join? Sounds like FUN. :D

Name: Vissen

Specimen number: 000

Appearance: Vissen has long dark blue hair, its underside dyed black. It falls over her eyes in a manner that shades them completely, though they are a light golden color. Her skin is pale, almost transparent, and horribly scarred. She is a tall 5'11", and slim, almost to the point of anorexia. She wears a ratty old grey tank top, with swimming fish drawn all over it and a pair of loose skinny jeans, at one point bright orange. She is always barefoot.

Ability: She has the ability of illusion. Meaning while you might see a small girl innocently in front of you, its actually Vissen, sitting back and waiting for her chance. Along with that comes extreme agility and charm.

Personality: Vissen is all but a mute, speaking very little and using her hands a lot. Besides that, she is usually very kind, choosing people by random to hate and love. But beware, if she hates you, you will be treated like scum. She is also a little violently insane. She'll suddenly stab you for the reason that you looked at her. Her views on the world are very black and white and its mostly pointless to argue a point with her, you'll never persuade her and might end up on her side.

Background: Vissen use to own a cupcake <3 shop, till someone robbed her one day. She hunted them down, and killed them, and their family execution style.She willingly went with the police.

PantsTheReaper
08-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Hm, I've been quiet for quite a while. Welp, time to get back in this thing.

iamaninja
08-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Hey, Boss-Lolita, you need to be Accepted by th GM, Kimmolito, befroe you can post. I advise PMing Kimmolito to get your CS Approved.

And, yeah, getting this back into gear'd be a good idea

Light Yoshiru
08-25-2010, 01:04 AM
you people still accepting?