PDA

View Full Version : [M] Skahvnlyn Tale IC

spirits breath
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM
A small home pushed back from a lip of a unnatural cave. the entrance seemed to hold some standard life, a few bats and fungus's, a cool breeze from the back of the cave's depths. The all too familier sign of a ice dragon was more than prevolent in the cave. Small stream that lead out of the cave from melting ice, ice pracicly surrounding the walls and ground. Light breathing is heard from deep withing the cave.

A human female child began to run away from captors. Slavers, bandits, theives, just about any sort of dasterly folk. The four males chased the female up the hill, knowing that she would have no other place to go, on the other side of the hill lied their army, and knowing the lands, she would have to choose between being captured or freezing to death. Her light footsteps began to pad in the wide opening of the cave, looking back to see her would be captors outside the caves mouth.

She walked deeper, her leather shoes slidong across ice and using small grooves as grip. Voices called out behind her almost sadisticly. "You have nowhere to go girl. Freeze or come back to us and be fed as well as warm." She pushed deeper, her body enduring the chilling breeze, her heavy breathing masked that of the unknown beast that her grandmother told tales of. Well many of them were old wives tales, but a few of them were true.

As she lost sight, the light far behind her, she felt around with her hands, stumbling on some rosk and leaned against it, her legs slowly slid out so she was sitting against what she beleived was a large rock. She sat, letting her body have a chance to recover. Her head went back against the rock, she started to think. Would she be captured, or freeze? And then she stopped, an audible "eep" escaped her as she felt the rock behind her move, breathing heard as well.

Haid'Ku's front right leg twitched, moving upright to lift him up into a lying but not sleeping position. His eyelids peeled open audibly as a thin layer of ice formed on his membranious flap of skin that covered his eye. As his neck turned, more pieces of ice cracked off of his body, some chunks of ice and some small specks moved into the air. A lazy groan showed his annoyance of being woken up, his eyes narrowed almost glowing in the darkness.

The girl shreiked in terror, her grandmothers tales of the cave were true, but she couldn't be sure. She backed away, ready to run out of the cave. She was told of the ferocity of the beasts and that they would mulch them, even use them for their own evil deeds. Slaves even, except bound through life to serve and be with their master.

A soft grumbling emmitted from Haid'ku. His form standing up tall, wings speading a little to break any other pieces of ice that may have gathered. With a turn, he faced the human child and moved his snout by her. He sniffed in, confirming that she was running, sweat had it's own scent. He spoke, rather plain, with a hint of wearyness and aggrivation. "Why have you come?"

She stood almost stunned with fear as she conflicted over what she would choose to do. She spoke quickly, fear held high in her tone. "sorry beast,dragon, sir. I was running from bad men and they wanted me as slave, but then I ran here. Then I woke you up, I am sorry. Just don't eat me or make me your slave!" She gasped as she had to breathe in to recover.

Haid'ku simply moved his long tail over to her side, the spaded end resting behind her. His head moved in closer, he bared his teeth. He snorted dissagreingly. "You eat a few humans and thats how they see you. If I might add, you humans would be too high maintnence." He pulled her close to himself, holding her against his front left leg. "Slave you say? As much as I wouldn't mind one, think of this you would have to sleep practicly under my legs and under my wing, and stay there all the time lest you freeze to death. Now I would advise you leave before I have to do something that you humans will make yet another tale about." He gradually stepped forwards to the mouth of the cave his leg meeting some resistance as she clung onto him. He sighed, shaking his head feasably."You humans are odd beings you know that. Need some consistancy."

The mouth of the cave grew in sight, the four humans that chased the female were sitting by the mouth. A small shout to the others "Dragon!" Each of them scrambled to their feet, pulling out varied weaponry, one held a crossbow, two a sword, and one a hammer.

Haid'ku looved down at the female who clung for her life on his leg. He gave a light kick forwards, only to result in her holding tighter. A sigh escaped his nostrals. He thought to himself. She would rather try and live with me? I think I need to establish that I don't want to be bothered. That was our agreement. I wouldn't bother humans if they don't bother me, we both won. Though I may have to see the king and queen of that kingdom. As he moved his snout against her, he urged her forwards. He spoke quietly. "How about this, you let go of my leg and I will get these humans away. then you can direct me to where you live so I may, 'speak' with your king and queen."

The female slowly moved off of his leg, though quickly ran behind his right thigh. Only to be pulled into his tail and back to the cave. She watched as the dragon moved forwards to the four bandits.

a strong growl grew in his throat and out of his mouth as Haid'ku looked at the bandits. "May I suggest you leave now before I have to show you why you don't walk into the doorstep of a dragons home and try to cause trouble."

A coy "Why" came up from a sword weilding bandit.
"Think! I can step on you, freeze you, cut out your entrials, and well there are many more things. I would rather not have to clean up your blood in the end." The bandits sheathed their weapons, swearing that one day the onyx dragons army will come for Haid'ku and be sure make a nice slave out of him.

As the bandits walked away, the ice dragon turned to face the human female. "A deal is a deal. But I don't need you back as a corpse so unfortunatly we have to walk." Unfortunatly for the dragon, he felt something dangling by the end of his tail. A hemp necklace with amythese jewel dangled from his tail. Too small to fit around the spade end of the tail, and to tight to fit a claw into and rip it off. "Remove it."

She simply skipped next to the dragon, getting in front of him. She spoke innocently. "It is a gift of gratitude dragon." She simple skipped ahead of the dumbstruck dragon, soon becconing for him to follow.

NOw how do I explain this to other dragons? I saved a femal child after she woke me up in my home, and then I kept her alive? How about when I tell them I have no plans of starting a war between myself and a neigboring kingdom? Though I hope that there hasn't been other dragons that came in and attacked this kingdom. Then I have even more to deal with. He walked casualy, quickly catching up to the child. His strides were slow, much slower than he would have liked to be going, except he had to constantly look down so that he wouldn't scratch her with his claws.

After roughly ten or so minutes of him walking and the girl in a fast skip, near running with joy, did the two arrive at the kingdom. The dirt and rocky streets cleared as Haid'ku entered, he looked around curiously, trying to appear that he was comming in peacefully and not for a fight. A small turn lead him to a small hut where she lived. He stuck his head in behind her to hear a shreik of terror. "Calm down human, you can thank me for the safe return of your child." He blinked slowly, eye focusing on the childs mother. "I would watch her a bit more carefully and keep her out of my home." His head left the hut and turned to face a few guards pointing their weapons at him.

"By royal decree, you are to leave based on our treaty." The guards moved aside showing him the way out. Each looking slightly afraid and confident in the treaty.

Haid'ku rose his head up. "Unfortunatly for you, that treaty was nullified this morning. Now if you would move out of the way, I am going to have a word with your king and queen." He gave a step forward, gently pushing a few soldiers aside with the top of his paw.

"Sorry, but we cannot allow you to go there. If the treaty is nullified, then we are sorry but we must use force." They readied their weapons to strike. The ice dragon exhaling a small jet of ice that solidified over their legs and waist.

"I know you don't want to attack. I am not interested in starting a war. A blood oath was made, and there must be another to set up the treaty again. Or did you not hear of what I did last time? Now leave me be." With his parting words, the ice dragon stepped over the trapped guards and proceded into the main royal grounds where a simple throne room lied.

The ground had an elegant maroon carpet with a gold carpet embroidery. Large marble pillars with a few statues of past kings and queens lead to a line of gueards and the royal family. The king and queen stood up, and walked toward the ice dragon. The queen looked at him, and walked to the side as he gave a light flutter of his wings. Her voice caried a thick paumpous tone. "Greetings, Haid'ku is it? My mother told me stories of you. But you look much different than I pictured. Far different from that statue. Now, what brings you here? We have gotten some strange things lately and I feel a councel meeting is in order."

Haid'ku looked at her questionably. "Like the onyx dragon? We are to reinact our treaty at once. A human, female and a child has entered my home and woke me. Only to have four men with weapons apparently try and capture her." He held out his left clawed paw and pinted out a single claw. "I trust your mother has told you about the treaty yes?"

She nodded and held out her left hand. "I guess I wasn't the only one who listened to the people. Legends tell that centuries ago, the onyx dragon was sealed away. Only his followers have figured out a way to break the seal. It is only a matter of time before we are all doomed. And can you make it quick?"

He gave a light snicker. "Do not worry, you will be fine by the morning. I will be seeing the wound much longer." His claw pressed against her hand, slowly sliding it across her hand so that a trail of blood would follow, quickly pooling in her hand. As he brought his leg to his mouth, he bit down hard so that his teeth would puncture his scales and his skin. Once his blood touched her hand, he held on to her. Allowing his blue tinted blood to mix with her crimson colored blood. His blood helped for her wound to close rapidly, his wound still remained open, gradualy closing. "Not so bad was it?"

She glared at him. "Yet you cut my hand near in half! And what is your blood going to do to me? I better not sprout scales or a tail."

He scoffed lightly. "Trust me, you will not. there are ways to, yes. But that would be through your children. Then you have to explain that to them. but my blood acts as a healing agent. Only it is a double edged claw. While your wounds heal faster, mine heal slower. Now relax and carry on."

She turned away, walking angrily back to her throne. "My children? You are surely a lonely dragon."

"I would need some sort of potion to make any fusion occur. A potion I do not possess. Do not worry, I have standards, and you are much too small." With a light laugh, he turned and began to walk out the door.

Before the ice dragon could leave the palace and royal grounds, the king tapped at the dragons neck. "Haid'ku. Don't tell her I am from the councel, but we are meeting in two mornings at our clearing on top of the mountains in front of you. The Rialtnia mountain range. I would like you to be there as a token of good will. I have also sent messengers to a few others about the lands that should be of help. I do hope you join us, or else we have to summon you. Take my word, it isn't fun. Was carried up by a pair of wolves and followed by some large bird who later carried me up the mountain."

Haid'ku slowly made his way out of the kingdom of Danask, heading to the forest to gather himself a meal. Before he left, he used his tail to flick at the ice of the guards, freeing them from the melting ice.

Approaching the city gates, the one child from earlier and her mother held hands. The child was giddy as ever, the mother wastrying futily to calm her child down. The child broke free of her mothers grip, running off towards the leaving dragon. "Dragon!" She quickly covered ground as she soon found her mark, her mother running after her terrified.

A shout of a all too familier voice this day rang out. Two figures running at him. Well one running at him, the other running at the one running at him. He looked away before spreading his wings once they were clear of the gate and obstructions. He felt a pull on his tail, not such a good greeting from a human to a dragon. The pulling was weak, but it was enough to call his attention. His snarled angrily, turning his head quickly to face the one who pulled his tail. "What is the meaning of this!" A sudden realization of who it was and her mother who caught up, going to her knees.

The mother of the child pressed her head by haid'ku's rear legs. "Please forgive Mariana. She is young an knows not what she.." Her statement was cut short as Haid'ku lifted his rear legs to turn his body.

He brought his claw to his own wound, lifting off a little bit of blood before it closed itself. With his claw, he smeared his blood over the girls forehead. He looked at the mother and moved in closer. "I reather enjoy my tail, and it is not a toy." He freed his tail from Mariana's grasp. "I have one thing that you should know. My home is not to be entered under any circumstance. Unless there is a dire emergency. Consider yourself lucky that I didn't take your girl as a servant." He indicated lightly at Mariana by flicking his head. "Now, if you would excuse me, I would rather get on with my day, can go for a meal."

He turned around once again, his wings started to pump as he went from walking to a jog. These lead up to him leaping up into the air, already with speed. Two hard flaps pushed him into the air four more to bring himself above the tree line.

Tsunami
08-02-2010, 04:54 PM
The raven watched the blood transfer between the dragon and the human, only vaguely interested. The other birds on the palace roof avoided it, knowing that it was not what it seemed. Abruptly, the raven became airborne, beating it's wings and leaving the palace grounds, which the other birds noted with some relief. The bird followed the dragon, until it came to the forest. The bird lit down on a tree, and began to fly down slowly, reaching the ground in a few minutes. There, its body warped and changed, becoming a human with brown hair and green eyes. As an afterthought, a simple leather jerkin and pants formed on the man, who began to make its way to the dragon's den.

StormyNyte
08-03-2010, 02:01 AM
The oppressive desert sun had finally began its slow decent toward the western horizon as Hysvaer lounged on the wide cliff that spread out from the entrance of her lair. She was indulging herself on the dried spoils of a camel, remnants of payment for the most recent job completed. The portion of her fees that were not edible was amassed in a large hoard piled in the deepest chamber of her lair.

As she peeled a large strip of meat off of the heat-withered camel, her ear frills twitched, picking up the faint, yet unmistakable sound of wing beats. A sudden jolt of anger surged through her, bringing her instantly to her feet. Who would dare cross into this area to chance staring their own death in the face? Spreading her leathery wing wide, she loosed a mighty bellowing roar, but before she managed to surge skyward to meet this intruder, her warning vocalization was met with a thundering laugh.

Hysvaer's eyes widened, a faint tinge of fear began to override her anger. She recognized that laugh, and knew well the being that it belonged to. Drawing her wings back to her flanks, she gazed out over the barren horizon, watching the great she-wyrm, Marook, approach until her powerful wings brought her to rest on the ledge in front of her.

Hysvaer had to back up until she was almost pressed against the outer rock wall to make way for Marook's massive size. She dropped her scaled head slightly in a show of respect before voicing her puzzlement. "What business is there great enough to bring the demi-mother of the desert herself knocking at my door?" With a rolling growl of an exhale, the much larger Marook arched her massive neck until Hysvaer's face reflected in the greater wyrm's large, pupiless eyes. "Great business indeed, Hysvaer. It has been long since your name was called upon in our great courts."

After Hysvaer had laid waste to her own territory, the Grand High Wyrm, oldest of her race, Suurax, the Father of the Desert, had decreed that Hysvaer was no longer a fit candidate for breeding. He felt that the main cause for her destructive behavior was caused by a mind sickness more than by anger and grief. In his eyes, no dragon in its right mind would willingly destroy its own territory and the resources housed within it. Perhaps he was right, after all, Hysvaer had to travel for miles to even get a drink of water, let alone enough food to keep her going. In Suurax's eyes, she was no longer living as a true dragon should, relying on humans and other lesser beings for hand-outs and treasures in return for her services and so he had deemed her no longer recognized as a dragon of their kind.

But now, she was looking face to really big face at Marook, the one who would soon take Suurax's place once he entered his twilight and passed on. The worried confusion must have shown on her face, for a deep chuckle rumbled from Marook's throat. "I have not come to rid our kind of you once and for all, Hysvaer, even though Suurax would've perfered it. There has been great upset over the apperance of an unknown, yet powerful dragon. He is not of our kind, but his ruthlessness and thurst for terror threaten to turn even our most trusted humanoid allies against us."

Marook then turned her gaze out over the desolate landscape and gave a heavy sigh. Before Hysvaer could manage to speak, the demi-mother turned once more to face her. "We have discussed the situation in depth and have concluded that if you show care for more than yourself by willingly aiding in the defeat of this mysterious malevolence, we shall once again recognize you as one of our own.”

The sudden rush of hope was soon washed away by a threatening growl and Marook’s next biting statement. “That does not mean you regain your right to mate, Hysvaer.” Then the anger in her voice seemed to roll away, giving way to a more maternal tone. “However, Suurax is nearing his twilight; it’s only a matter of time before I assume the role as Mother of the Desert. Should you survive your quest and allow your territory to return to its former glory, I may just consider granting you clemency, provided that you seek my council to learn how to better control your emotions. Self-destruction does not befit a dragon of our caliber.”

Hysvaer could scarcely believe her ears. For nearly a century she had resigned herself to her sentenced fate of bareness and isolation, and now a second chance had been laid at her feet, all she needed to do was accept her role in obtaining it. Nearly forgetting herself, she finally snapped out of her momentary stupor and dropped herself to her belly, pushing as low to the ground as she could with her wings outspread in a gesture of submission and gratitude. “Thank you, demi-mother, I shall not disappoint you.” Marook tisked at the motion, snapping the end of her tail like a lion tamer would their whip. “Don’t grovel yet, Hysvaer, just come back alive.” And with that, she turned and lunged skyward, leaving Hysvaer to contemplate the crossroads of her fate.

Lord Tully
08-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Olthon had been riding hard for at least a week trying to reach the palace of a King or even a minor lord. He had caught word of something unimaginable, the Great Onyx Dragon was raising an army against Skahvnlyn and was intent on destroying all of it. He had even heard that the army's scouts had already reached the borders. Olthon felt that it was his duty to spread word of it so that army may be raised against them. He eventually found himself looking over a rather impressive castle and hurried to reach the gates before night fall. As he approched the end to the forest he caught sight of a large blue dragon flying above the tree line. ~A dragon this close to a human castle, this can never be a good thing.~ he thought to himself bringing his horse to a full stop. The elf dismounted and lifted his mace from his pack before making his way towards the beast, when he got close enough Olthon fired a bolt of lightning into the air, making a very loud cracking noise, to get the dragon's attention. "Hail lord Dragon, might I inquire as to what you are doing this close to the palace of a human king?"

spirits breath
08-03-2010, 06:52 PM
The wind made small swirls under hs wings, gently pushing against the thin looking membrane. Near the bones, the skin was taught, and more than ready to make a nasty tear if a small hole was put into them. His eyes looked for openings down for his meal.

Standing there, grazing on the lush forage of the forest was a deer. The fur was a soft looking brown with an occasional white spot to match it’s tail. This has grown to be one of his favorites, though he had also grown a taste for some green fruit called pears they were about the third or so down the list of his favorites.

Haid’ku breathed in deeply, filling up a side compartment that stored a liquid that combined with air turned into a freezing mist, easily manipulated through his lips and pressure. Be it a small jet, a cone, or just a small burst, it was made possible through unnamed organs. He was about to exhale to encase the deer in a freezing mist, if anything snap freeze it in a few seconds. A large bolt of lightning swept past his eyes, easily electrifying the air around it to give a sense that it was more than intentional. Though he could only wonder, why did they miss?

The light blue body moved up higher to the sky as it turned with a short flap of his right wing to face his assiliant. He exhaled a soft mist, to show that he easily could have aimed for a kill to the elf. Wings spread out wide as air friction helped to slow his decent. Lightly he fluttered his wings to land with a light thud.

Each leg moved independantly as they made small cautious steps towards the elf. His head moved in closer as it moved lower than usual. A tenative snort of annoyance showed his aggrivation. “ you let me lunch escape elf. Now if I may add, shooting lighting into the sky at a dragon is not such a wise move, and questioning where I live as well.”

Gently moving his tail to his right, he pointed at the village. His voice relaxed a little, in a cautious calm manner. “If you want to know why I am so close to a human king, I will answer it with another question. Why did they make a kingdom close to my home? As well as why we are both in a neutral position with each other? “ His head cocked to the right questionably as he moved within a swiping distance with his claws.

With a bit of the unexpected, he lied down on his stomach. “Let us talk without worrying about being attacked by the other shall we?” He moved his claw out in front of him, showing the wound that only recently closed up. “We have a blood treaty, each queen must make one with me. Our agreement is simple, they don’t go in my home or attack me, and I don’t do the same to them. Think of it as a peace treaty. Hence why I am letting you live, I expect you to honor that treaty unless if you want the village to suffer for your misdoings.”

His head snapped up as he sensed some sort of magic, quite foreign in and of itself. While he couldn’t tell what it was, except that whatever it was carried something with it. His head followed it momentarily before he had figured out that he did not recognise the smell, only that it was small and got larger. The scent quickly faded away as he was not much of a dragon to track scents over a small distance of roughly thirty feet on some odors. His home was the exception to his ability. His head moved slowly to the elf as he moved up to stand proudly. “You may call me Haid’ku. Being called dragon enough is disrespectful, especially if it is from one who tried to hit me with lightning. His snout moved close to the elf before sniffing him. His head moved away as he turned to walk to his home. His tail made a swish for the elf to follow.

Lord Tully
08-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Olthon felt like a right idiot when the Dragon explained himself, ~Exellent work Olthon you try and save a king, but instead you may have doomed him.~ Olthon lowered his stance as a sign of humility, he had respect for Dragons but in his travels he had also learned to be wary around them, "I did not know my lord, I simply wished to ensure the safty of the people the the castle town. Do not make them suffer for my foolishness." When the Dragon, Haid'ku, sniffed him, Olthon did not resign himself to being a meal for the creature and tightened his grip in his mace. Much to his relief however Haid'ku did not eat him, but instead motioned for him to follow, Olthon gave a shart whistle to summon his horse and to do as the Dragon wished.

spirits breath
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
He took slow steps, watchful of how slow the elf walked and mindful that the size difference made that the reason behind it. He looked over his right wing. " I do not find your actions unreasonable. Not many dragons would actualy have alliances with a human kingdom. Better to be loved than feared. Ever read about a kind king overthrown?"

Haid'ku paused, letting the elf catch up to him. His tail gently went across the horses thigh. His long tongue worked its way along his lips before he shook the thought out of his head. His voive came out unnaturaly soft. "Don't fear, I already had a human run into my home and I just came from the kingdom. Not all dragons are human eating beasts. I find you beings a bit too bland and chewey for my taste. Now we are going to head towards the mountain, near my home. Though I hope you understand I am not going to take you to my home of course. "

His large, semi-transparent wings flexed out a little and then folded in a more comfortable position. His rear bounced up a little with each step as with his tail. Gradually his body sped up and then stopped to allow the elf and his horse to catch up.

spirits breath
08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Slow teetering steps limped a man forward up the mountain, with him was a long violet box, its contents known only to him and the man who made what was in the box. Each step pushed his frame forward up the hill that was on the outskirts of his home kingdom. Left foot, then the right as he pushed himself further and further in a task he could have given to one of his loyal students to do for him. His cane made soft indents into the soil as he began to see a small figure ahead of him.

With cane in one hand, a violet box in the other, the old man made a steady pace up to the man, a smile on his face to see that he was human, though it seemed as he was heading into the dragons den. His voice called out enough to note the distance. “Oye! Youngster, you don’t want to be going in there right now. the dragon, he is coming. Best if you wait outside me says.”

The old man soon made it within a level height of the human. There he made a motion to the cave. “ I cannot let you doom us all, if you break our treaty this soon, then it will be your life, not ours.” He moved closer to the human, following him to the mouth of the cave. His long case in hand. “This cave gets cold you know lad? Though you must turn back now for your own sake. He takes in slaves and they are forced to be practicly under him to survive. They live off of him. Others aren’t so lucky, they are gradually injected with ice so their blood freezes over and then fed to insects as they can see what is happening but cannot do anything to stop it.”

Light flaps of small wings propelled a small canary in the air, her body gliding along the air with enthusiasm. a light caw came from her out of happiness. Flying was one of her favorite things in life that could put a smile on her when it is sunny, and a frown when it was a bad thunderstorm. Light turn of her tail caused her to ‘swim’ to the left in a wide arc to continue her path.

Large wing beats filled her ear slits as she saw a large dragon heading towards her with a speed fast enough that she couldn’t get away in time for the gap. He wings pumped quickly, fuels by fear and adrenalin to try and gain as much speed as she could. Around her, her wings made a near solid appearance as she could already start to feel fatigue settling in. A glance over her shoulder showed the dragon still closing in to her.

Careful movements brought the canary to land and grip a small spike on the dragon, a stunning thud surged through her entire body and back again. A pained caw erupted from her. Cautiously she pulled herself closer to the dragons head. Her voice sounded tender and sympathetic. “I am sorry, but if I didn’t land on you I would surely be dead. Great dragon, please forgive me. My name is Xero and I am, well was heading in this direction. Better area for my chicks when they leave me as eggs.” She gained a solid grip, on a small spike near her ears.

A small moment passed as she waited in silence to observe the view. “Are you searching for another dragon? There is one in this direction, not like you at all. And he must be an oddity considering I saw him walking with humans and nothing happened at all.”

She looked up at the sky as the sun, it was beginning to set.

Tsunami
08-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Ar'lune listened to the old man's warnings, and smiled as he finished. "Your concern is touching, Honorable Elder," it replied, bowing slightly, maintaining eye contact, "but I am more than I appear to be. Not even the coldest ice will freeze me, nor the hottest flame burn me. I thank you for your warning, but I must go. It appears the dragon approaches over yonder," it declared, pointing as he did so. The old man turned around, searching but when he looked back, the man was gone, and only a small mouse was in the clearing. It darted off quickly, running into the cave as quickly as the old man noticed it.

StormyNyte
08-06-2010, 12:38 AM
It took nearly no time at all for Hysvaer to collaps the tunnel leading to her hoard chamber and melt the rocks together to hide the entrance in prepairation for her departure. If, by some twist of fate, another tried to make their home here, her hoard would go undiscovered until she returned. Stepping out onto the cliff ledge infront of the lair's intrance, she crouched for a split second before the thick, corded muscles of her legs hurrled her toward the vast blue heavens.

With stonge, rhythmic strokes, her mighty wings steadily propelled her east. The thick leathery canvace was taught with air tension when she held her wings steady, gliding high over the great city of Ethoria. It was the last major city, built around an oasis, before the end of the desert. Until now, Ethoria marked the farthest distance she had ever traveled from her desert home. Shaking off the longing to turn back, she snorted in disgust at herself and began pushing onward once more.

The sun was begining to set behind her as her fearful shadow passed over land that grew steadily more lush and green. This was an odd sight indeed for the desert dweller and a feel of unease slowly threatened to take hold. What strange creatures would this alien land pit against her? As she pondered the thought, her good eye caught sight of a small spot flittering in the distance. Quickly closing the gap, she recognized the frantic figure as a brightly colored bird.

Ordinarily, Hysvaer would be eager to test her flight agility by a deadly game of chase, but given the fact that the bird flittered to her left and the fact that she had something more pressing to do, she decided it would be best not to waist the energy. Suddenly, she felt a small weight on one of her smaller neck spikes and she growled in aggrivation. The bird had actually landed on her!

She would've given the feathery offender a right good shock, but before she did the bird had moved closer to her earfrill and spoke. “I am sorry, but if I didn’t land on you I would surely be dead. Great dragon, please forgive me. My name is Xero and I am, well was heading in this direction. Better area for my chicks when they leave me as eggs.” Since the little offender seemed to recognize her greatness, Hysvaer desided to forgive the offence for the moment. "Very well, ladybird Xero, I will permit you to travel with me for the time being; but only because you are laden with your unlaid offspring."

She then fell silent and was happy to continue on in silence, but the bird spoke again. “Are you searching for another dragon? There is one in this direction, not like you at all. And he must be an oddity considering I saw him walking with humans and nothing happened at all.” This caught Hysvaer's attention enough for her to want to continue to converse with the lesser creature. "Another dragon, you say? Traveling willingly with a human? Hmm... they could be part of the force contacted to fight this dark-spirited dragon, then again, they could be working with him.... Perhaps I will seek them out and question them on their intensions, but for now I need to seek a safe place to rest." She heard Xero tweet in agreement and rumbled with a laugh, it seemed that she would see a fair bit of excitement sooner than expected.

With a keen eye, she spotted a suitable clearing and banked slightly, circling the area to make sure there were no threats before bringing herself in low and landing. As her clawed feet hit the ground, it sunk slightly beneath her weight, much different than the hard baked landscape she was use to. With a snort of distaste, she began to release the pharamones responsible for instilling fear in lesser creatures, causing her ladybird companion to panic and fly away.

This dragon fear continued to roll outward from her as she strode across the soft ground, giving a sudden feeling of unease or panic to any lesser creature within a fourth of a mile's radius. She was looking for a suitable place to den for the night, finally settling on a rocky hillside surrounded by trees. It wasn't ideal, but it would have to do. She didn't like having to travel on the ground at night with only one good eye to rely on.

With her powerful fore-arms and stronge, sharp claws, she began digging until she excavated a den just large enough to accomidate her size. Slipping into her temporary lair, she turned so that the right side of her face was the only thing exposed. It was hard to make out the form of her siluette in the darkened hollow, the shadows hid the color of her scales and her horns looked like just another rocky outcropping unless one got dangerously close to inspect them. It was unlikely due to the ammount of dragon fear she continued to put off, but if it did happen, the intruder would likely get a face full of fire or a body full of electricity. After all, it was a storm dragon's nature to attack first and ask questions later.

With one last cautious glance over the surrounding area infront of her hollow, she shifted her body and settled in to sleep. As she began to drift, a steady thrumming tingle leeched into the air.

spirits breath
08-06-2010, 04:21 PM
The old man looked into the mouth of the cave, oddly, a small mouse was making it’s way into the den. Though he never did think that mice would knowingly enter a dragons den. Must only be at the beginning, common knowledge that there would be a few bats, mice, as well as the inevitable rare fungus.
The man waited near the opening of the cave, leaning against his cane.

He had a little history with dragons, in fact the one secret he held to himself was his own history with Haid’ku. While he was one of the few who had the opportunity to spend a month in the home of Haid’ku. A long scar ran from his back up to a three way marking of where he was carried. The truth was, he was once a servant to the dragon as payment of saving him from being made into a sacrifice. Well being held up on a pole under claims of treason.

Haid’ku had reached a small lip of the mountain, his home awated on front of him. A sudden stop, his tail moving in front of the elf to stop them. slowly he walked forwards to the old man. His voice gave a light, almost releived tone to it. “You have returned. May I gain the reason why?”

The old man looked up, walking slowly to the dragon. “ Haid’ku, it has been a while since we last meet. Even longer that I was indebted to you.” He gently held up the violet case.

“I remember that clearly, but what does that have to do with this?” He stepped up closer to the man, his head moving up next to the mans chest. A soft hand laid itself on his cheek. “Mind letting me know what is in that case of yours?”

The old man opened it slowly, a large chain and dark blue pendant. “I thought you would like to have a little something to give to another dragon when the time comes. Have you found one yet?”

Haid’ku shook his head with a light chuckle. “I would be indebted to you if I took that, must have cost you everything. I got a little stash of my own belongings that I can give to one.”

The man quickly slung the pendant over the ice dragons neck. “ This has something special about it, just you see. Who knows she just may enjoy it.” The old man began to walk towards the mouth of the cave. “A human was looking for you. Not sure if it was old age, but I looked in your direction and then he was gone.”

“Haid’ku bowed gently, spreading his wings a little before he walked towards his den. “Thank you. I will make sure you are present when I do.”

The man shook lightly. “ There is a human who entered my home so soon? I will figure this out at once. thanks again.” Steady steps brought him into his home, searching for a human. His voice echoed in the cave with anger. “Who dares to go in my home? Leave now!”

The old man gave a quick look at the elf, and then shook again. His mind had a sense of fear, but nothing he knew to be afraid of. Only he was a very curious sort and he soon found himself biting himself in the rear towards the source of it all. His mind near panic as he made himself determined to figure out this strange phenominon. Though he also knew it wasn’t such a great idea.

Lord Tully
08-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Olthon watched the dragon and the man exchanges words, and was astonished when he saw the pendent the man gifted the dragon with, ~That must be worth at least a thousand sovereigns, hw did such and old man get that?~ Olthon thought to himself. He did not have long to ponder before Haid'ku's massive voise echoed throughout the cave, he drew his mace and prepaed a low level bolt of lightning, "I guess you don't like intruders, if you like I could fill this entire cave with lightning, that should scare them out."

spirits breath
08-12-2010, 07:45 PM
The dragon flashed his head back to Olthon. He looked at him silently before stepping forwards into the cave. A light flick of his tail followed him. With a light inhaling sound, he pushed out a soft cloud of ice. Cooling the air around him. He after exerted force to enlarge is cold aura.

Haid’ku made a quick few steps forward before he turned behind him to face the elf. His voice came out proud. “It is my home. I will be the one in control of it. Plus I don’t need you thawing my reserves or destroying some of my precious ores. Yes I horde, every dragon does.” the long taill moved back to a near straight swaying path to allow the elf entry. “Come in. though If you need to, use the end of my tail to help guide you. Though if I feel any thunder, you are going to end up impaled on any part of the cave. “ This he spoke flatly.

A few minutes of slow motions and scanning every part of his cave. As well as chilling it a little lower than the already frozen temperatures deeper within. Then he stopped. “I would advise you to take caution. You don’t look prepared to be deeper than this. there is one way but I am not sure how much you would like it. Well two ways depending where you go. Though the second way is more of as legends say. But you are not yet able to yet.” He gave a small movement of his wings to open up the center part where a rider could go as a show of what he was talking about. The dragon slowly weakened his aura to allow Olthon to get closer to him for warmth if he wanted to see what an ice dragons den looked like.

Lord Tully
08-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Olthon's breathing became a touch labored when he realized what Haid'ku was talking about, ~By the gods how did I get myself into this situation?~ In an effort to calm himself he remembered the great tales of men and women who rode on the backs of dragons to save to world. "I think I will accpt that offer Haid'ku, I am honered that you would offer such a thing to me such as me." Olthon answered him now thinking that this might be for the best, if he befriended an ice dragon he might help against the Onyx army. Olthon returned him mace to his belt and walked over to the ice dragon to hoist himself up onto the creature's back.

StormyNyte
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
As the old man forced himself slowly closer toward the unseen source of his fear, he would notice the forest floor coming alive with several small animals scurrying for safety. If that weren't an odd enough sight, deer and even a few preditory animals seemed to ignore each other as they fled the area.

spirits breath
08-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Haid'ku moved around uncomfortably, a few grunts and a short growl seonded this. His wings tucked in against Olthon in reflex. He soon pushed out his aura in fear. "This isn't what i had in mind. though going to need you to relinquish your mace and also to keep your lightning magic to no use. you may like it, I don't."

Softly he moved forwards, letting a small amount of frost build up along his body, straining to control his body to not have the elf freeze to his back. The dragon shook his back in another attempt to rid the weight from his back. " Your body heat feels odd, and realize this is for your survival, not out of kindness." He paused. "well they are similar, but I am letting you be one to see my home."

Gradual steps brought him closer to where he slept. His soft motions moved a small rock, exposing faint green glowing gems. this he did to three more to allow the room to be filled with a light glow, very dim, but better than pitch black for Haid'ku.

Upon realization, he had to wonder why a mouse was so far back. Didn't seem normal. Slow steps brought him to the center where he would lie. "You going to the councel meeting in the morning? Should be about the onyx dragon and the army that is comming to see about enslaving all of us. You may be lucky to be killed, i would be turned into a slave used to repair any injuries and be begging for death. Of course that won't happen."

four small thuds came from his legs clinking together and hitting the ice, a fith as his body collapsed to the ground. His voice grew comical. " I hope you enjoy this place. Most don't usually see my home and live. Even fewer ride on my back. By the way how are you feeling up there?"

Lord Tully
08-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Olthon tried positioning himself so as little of his body came into contact with Haid'ku's as possible, "I was in fact planning on doing that, or at the very least alert some of these border kingdoms to rally their armies. I am not one to sit on my hands while a threat to the whole the world exists, if I do fall in the coming war then so be it, but I assure you that a great many of their soldiers will die myhands before they will be able to best me." He replied in answer. he stayed on Haid'ku's back until they reached what seemed like a nesting area, once there Olton jumped off of the dragon's back onto the floor of the cave. "This seems like quite a grand place to reside, if a touch dark. Riding on your back was quite an interesting experience, most beings that one would ride do not posess even half of a dragon's intelligence, as well as the difference in size. Also I think I may be the first of my kind to ride a dragon in at least a dozen generations." He looked around the cave peering into the darkness, allowing Haid'ku to settle into his home, when a thought occurred to him. "If you would permit a question my lord, why have you brought me here? If I remember, we just met a few hours ago and that was only when I shot a bolt of lighting at you because I thought you were about to attack a nearby village. Speaking for myself, I would not trust someone to enter my home after an introduction like that."

spirits breath
08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
A slight chuckle eminated out of the dragon. " While I want to say I can agree with you, I know enough that I can't just fly into another kingdom and try to warn them. Even I can be captured with simple rope."

Haid'ku began to make small scratches in the ice, turning to better face Olthan. A question asked its way through the elf, sinking into the slits called ears. Small cracks of ice came from him as he leaned forwards, his voice seemed moy of a serious coy. " Ask me of my intentions? Well, isn't it plain to see?" He licked his lips lightly before continuing. " A rough introduction for my taste, little respect at all. But if you wanted to kill me, you would have hit me out of the sky. Then,since we share the same goal, we should at least be more comfortable with each other."

Standing up, Haid'ku turned to face a small stream making its way though the ice. There he lapped up a little bit of the cold water and then dipped his lower jaw into it to allow the water to trickle down into him. This he did for a near minute before turning back to get closer to Olthan, and moving his hip near him and parted his leg slightly out.

A gentle caugh rose from the silence. The dragon moving his head in a light shaking position that allowed i to follow through his neck. Raising his front right claw, he soon rested it on Olthan's shoulder, holding most of his weight off of the small elf. His voice came out rather proud as he turned it so the rounded part would slide along the arm. "I permitted you entry to my home for a sole reason. You and i are going to be with each other more than we would like. Yes there will be a time where we may want to just rip out your small throat or pluck your limbs off, but i won't. Now then, i wouldn't take my things, my kind isn't one for giving our posessions away. With the exception of this amulet. I can tell you the story if you wish, but it is simple."

Haid'ku began to walk over to a faint pile of of horde. "you must know, I have not taken any of this, they are willing donations and offerings for services. Other than that, I am no theif." Gradual feet passed as he went near his small reserve of frozen food. " About a week or so's reserves on case the hunting is bad. lovely thing about being an ice dragon, I can freeze meat and store it in the same way I enjoy it."

Haid'ku made almost a ramp-like decent as he neared the center of the room. His tail making wide swishes. He sounded much like a gentleman. "I beleive you should start with some of your reasoning of if the concel has you be my.Ahem. Rider... It will never sound right. A rider controls every aspect of its say, your horse. you feed it, push it, care for it, and what you may also do to and for it. And well, it isn't the same. Almost dishearting as well." He made a small indication at himself.

spirits breath
08-15-2010, 01:50 AM
A soft breeze came through the cave, made by the flux of temeratures. With it carried the remenents of some intoxicating pheremone. Pleasent, yet strong at the same time ti the dragon. While he couldn't place a snowflake on it, he felt a small tingle in his chest. A soft and quiet voice came from Haid'ku. "Why did you shock me?" He looked over at the elf lazily. "Wait, if you didn't shock me, then what is going on?"

Quickly he made a posture to indicate alarm and readiness to lunge. There was nothing, yet he felt some unfamilierity on his chest. He moved forwards a step and then winced in pain suddenly. Whats going on? I feel as if I was just stabbed. Yet Olthan is behind me, and he has no sword. He stood, resisting the urge to clentch his chest to figure out more about what was happening, when as quick as the pain came, it disipated.

Turning to walk closer to the mouth of the cav, Hiad'ku streatched his neck to look back at Olthan. His voice came out with a happy tone, one that tried to cover up his shame. As much as he hated it, he knew that they would be together for a while, and in order to go anywhere he would have to be flown. Much like getting up the mountain. " You wanted to know why I brought you to my home, now here it is. I neededd you to feel the coldness of my home, know what I eat, some signs of who I am. If we are to be with each other because of the councel, then we should know that we can at least trust each other. Even just a little." His voice dropped, his shame and loss of pride seemed to fold over his voice. "I sense a presence. I want to say another dragon, but it cannot be right. And I can't trust you in my home in my absence. You have two options, I can carry you with my talons or...my back." He lowered his head in shame. Being a mount based on what the councel tended to do when there were any flying creature capable of carrying a human or elf.

A quick cracking and swishing sound came from the abnormaly large wings, followed by the short rain of a few ice slivers and the thuds of clumps of ice. The light made its way through his semi transparent membranious wings. Light shimmering from the sun reflecting off some of the ice.