PDA

View Full Version : Koyumi Academy for the Gifted (IC)

manami-chan669
07-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Haruka approached her new school. Her heart began to beat a little bit faster. She was a bit nervous and overwhelmed at the thought of going to a real school for the first time. She took a deep breath and put on a look of determination. No more doubts. It was time to show the world what she was made of. She pushed the doors open and walked inside. She looked around. "So...this is what a real school is like..." She shook her head. "Focus, Haruka! You have something to do." She nodded and pulled the fliers for the badmitten club out of her backpack. She got some scotch tape and began hanging fliers on the walls.

Poison's Beauty
07-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Beatrice sat in an empty classroom. She had her mother's tarot cards spread out in front of her while a candle stood flickering in the darkness. It had been an hour since she started deciphering her own fortune, and every reading she got was nothing more than nonsense. Once, she picked out a pair that predicted that she would marry a tiger in two days and another saying that she would succeed in being a carpenter. Beatrice sighed, tired and annoyed at the meaningless stack. Why do I bother learning these divination techniques, she wondered. I'm just not naturally gifted in these things.

She leaned against her chair and closed her eyes. Why can't I just be a spirit guide? The thought brought her a peaceful silence. Beatrice loved the other realm where the Lost Swamps was full of spirits who took on the form of will-o'-the-wisps, and the ever-present grayness of the sky that never changed. She loved roaming across the meadows full of tiger lilies, and approaching the spirit temples carved into the side of the mountain range. It was her favorite thing to do: turning into a fox and leading frightened spirits to their resting places.

Beatrice looked at the calendar on the wall. She had a little over two weeks until the full moon arose and she would be able to enter the spirit realm again. Just a bit more of this and you'll be away, she reminded herself as she picked up the tarot cards. In honesty, Beatrice was not too fond of school but since settling down with William, her mother's new love, she had been forced to do such tedious things daily. She missed traveling and seeing different parts of the world, a longing that might have influenced a large part of her love for the spirit realm.

After gathering the cards and blowing out the candle, Beatrice entered the school hall. It was still quite early, and barely anyone was roaming about though there were flyers on the wall looking to recruit new members for the Badmitten Club. She'd never been too fond of these clubs, though she was a member of the Literature and Astronomy groups. The Magic Club had been a temptation, but she didn't want to risk embarrassing herself due to her limited magical abilities.

She followed a trail of these flyers with her eyes and spotted Haruka shuffling down the wall posting more of them. Wow she's rather committed, Beatrice thought watching as Haruka posted more on the bulletin board.

manami-chan669
07-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Haruka posted another flier on the door leading out into the garden. She smiled, feeling rather accomplished. She turned around to go another direction and noticed a girl standing. "Oh!" She reached into her bag and pulled out a handout. "Here," she said, handing it to the girl, "We need members, so please consider joining

thesouleater
07-31-2010, 02:47 AM
Jack walked into the near-empty school quietly and the first thing he noticed wes the Badmitten Club fliers that lined the walls all the way up and down the hallway he stood in. He ripped one from the wall and stared at it, then frowned. Sports weren't his thing. It's not that he wasn't good at them, he just didn't like them.

The demon threw the flier into a recycling bin nearby and walked to his locker. He threw in his backpack, took out his electric guitar and slammed the door shut. He then started walking towards the music room.

Once at the music room, Jack unlocked the door with a key he had gotten from the music teacher and flicked on the lights. He then went and opened his case, pulling out his used, red guitar. Plugging it into the loud amp system, he started playing 'Dance With the Devil' by Breaking Benjamin.

((Real song. :3))

Xclbr1
07-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Dax walked down the hallway of the new school, looking at all the fliers for sports on the wall. He never really did like sports, whenever he did though he cheated, making a golf ball go in the hole, getting the soccer ball to go in the net, all using his powers.

Stupid parents, sending me off to school then driving off...

He came up to the locker he was told was his, and put in the combanation that was said to open it, and sure enough the locker opened and it was empty. He unzipped his backpack and put a few things in, a clock, a mirror, a calender, everything any old locker would have in it. His work was pretty boring, and it really was, but for now he had nothing to put in it, so he put his bookbag in the locker and shut it. He looked around, there were a few people following the girl hanging up the badmitten posters, a few kids decorating their lockers, and a few looking around for their homeroom.

Well, i got to make some friends

Well the people going after the badmitten girl were probly wanting to sign up, and he dident like sports. The people by their lockers looked emo, and the kids looking around looked like they wouldent stop to chat for five bucks. Dax sunk to the floor, his back to the lockers, deciding what group he would try to converse with...

manami-chan669
07-31-2010, 06:21 PM
((nobody has come to Haruka yet...))

manami-chan669
07-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Haruka was starting to worry. Nobody seemed to want to join. But then again, it was only the first day. She had a whole month to get this club together. She walked up to a boy (Dax) and handed him a flier. "Here," she said, "W-we need at least five members by the end of the month, so please consider joining."

Poison's Beauty
07-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Beatrice had taken Haruka's flier without uttering a word. She was staring at the piece of paper in her hand, wondering why anyone would be so committed to a rather dull pastime. I guess we all have our preferences, she thought as she threw the flier into the trash bin and continued her walk down the hallway. She noticed that a few more students had arrived, and what appeared to be a new one slumping by his locker.

Her mind escaped into a reverie as she thought about how long the next couple of weeks will be. She'd always been a rather impatient person, and the thought of having to endure fourteen more days of boredom clawed at the sides of her brain. Survive it, just a bit more.

As she passed the music room, she heard someone playing a tune on an electric guitar. The melody seeped through the closed door, filling the hallway with a mesmerizing alternative theme. She listened for a while, leaning on the wall closest to the door and tapping her feet to the beat.

At least I can pass the time by stealing into other people's lives, she thought amusingly as she took out the tarot cards again. She shuffled the deck and picked up the top card. It was the tiger card again. So this is must be a suggestion of how aggressively annoyed I'll be for the next few hours, she concluded as irritation boiled her. Oh well, at least I'm not marrying the tiger this time.

thesouleater
08-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Jack felt a presence outside the music room, but he decided to ignore them. A lot of people tended to stand outside and listen to him playing when they passed by.

As he finished playing 'Dance With the Devil', he switched to playing 'Animal I Have Become' by Three Days Grace.

Xclbr1
08-01-2010, 02:10 AM
(( oh sorry, kinda just skimmed the other posts ))

Dax looked up at the girl handing him one of the badmitten flyers, he took it and stood up,

"Thanks, I'll consider joining" He said to the girl, standing up.

He could have fun joining a team or two, even if he dident like sports. He folded up the flyer and put it in his pocket.

"Im Dax" Dax said, holding out his hand, "Whats your name?"...

manami-chan669
08-01-2010, 03:26 AM
"Haruka," she replied, shaking his hand, "Haruka Murasaki." She put her posters back into her bag. That was enough work for now. "I think I'm going to take a break from taping up posters," she said, "I'm gonna explore the school. Wanna come?"

manami-chan669
08-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Akari arrived at Koyumi Academy, staff in hand as usual. She scratched her furry cat ear and winced slightly. She sighed. "Why am I even here," she muttered, "This is a waste of time..." Shrepushed open the front door and looked around. It was different, that was for sure. But Akari wasn't a fan of change. She decided to look for a library in this school. She would most likely be spending most of her time in her books anyway.

She wandered the corridors in search of a library or study of some sort where she could be alone with her books. She heard Three Days Grace coming from a music room and crinkled her nose slightly. She wasn't fond of that kind of music. In fact, she despised it. Akari beleived today's music was garbage. She found a library a few doors down from the music room and walked inside. She sat down at an empty table and pulled out Look For Me by Moonlight.

Xclbr1
08-01-2010, 04:57 PM
"Thats a pretty name" Dax said, "And sure, I was actualy wanting to get to know the school." He dident really know the school, mabey it would be more fun to learn were all the classrooms were at with a friend. He took out a peice of paper with a map of the school he was given at the front office and unfolded it.

"Were should we go first?" He asked Haruka...

Allan-Hatai
08-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Aena strolled into the school, backpack over her shoulder, and stared down the guy that was looking her over. All of a sudden she realized what she was doing and shoved her right hand into her jeans pocket. She still had bandages where she'd scraped the knuckles on her cousin's teeth. Man, it was so like her family to send her to a school for "special" people. They just wanted to get rid of her. She stuffed her books in the tiny locker, then took a look at the map she'd picked up somewhere. "Alright, music room this way."
Once outside the door to what would probably be her favorite room in the school, Aena heard the unmistakable strains of Three Days Grace and grinned. "Oh, I think I'm gonna like it here." She quietly pushed open the door and closed it behind her, stopping to take a look around.

thesouleater
08-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Jack finished playing the Three Days Grace song and looked at his watch. He had enough time to play another song or two. But before he did he looked up at the girl that stood just inside the door to the music room.

Jack rested his strumming arm against the base of the guitar. "You play any instruments?" He asked.

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 12:11 AM
"Several," she said, walking over to the piano. "But I didn't bring any with me. I did, however, bring a lot of sheet music." She shrugged. "I figured I could borrow someone else's for a while, if nothing else."

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 01:53 AM
"Oh." Jack mumbled. He adjusted how the strap on his guitar sat on his shoulder and stared at his feet. "Well, I have a spare guitar in here somewhere if you play."

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 02:03 AM
"I do, thank you. Mostly I prefer piano, but guitar is a lot of fun as well." She sat down and ran through the opening of 'You Raise Me Up', by Josh Groban. "Do you sing and play?" she asked, turning around to face him. "You'd be surprised how many don't."

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 02:22 AM
"Not often." Jack replied. "Only when I know the song really well." He shrugged. "It's a lot more difficult than it looks."

Jack tuned his guitar to E. "Wanna play a song?" He asked.

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 02:34 AM
"Sure. Got a song in mind?" Well, she hadn't expected to find a kindred spirit here, but it definitely seemed she'd made something of a friend. She'd have to remember to ask his name.

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 03:16 AM
"Do you know 'Never Too Late' by Three Days Grace?" Jack asked. The corner of his mouth twitched up slightly. "I'm Jack, by the way."

((I'm a Three Days Grace fan in real life, so you are going to hear a lot about them. :3))

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 03:25 AM
"Yeah, mostly. I might have to fudge a few parts." She reached into a forgotten bag and rifled through it. "I'm Aena," she said, finally pulling out the right one. "You, me, or both for singing?"

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 03:30 AM
"Eh?" Jack said, tuning his guitar again. "Well... If you want to sing, I don't mind if you do." He shrugged again. "I don't really care."

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 03:59 AM
"Alright. I'll sing, and you can join in if you feel like it." She spread the music out so she wouldn't have to flip pages too much. "Ready?"

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Jack checked the tuning of his guitar once more and nodded. "Alright."

Even though it was completely casual to play music with another musician, Jack was excited. He hadn't played a song with someone in forever.

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 04:28 AM
She grinned, thrilled to play with someone who actually wanted to play with her. "Alright. One, two, one two three four." She started the opening chords, expecting him to play along, and started singing. She had to sing it in a slightly different key, but she'd sung along with it enough to know where to go.

This world will never be what I expected
And if I don't belong who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late

Even if I say it'll be alright
Still I hear you say you want to end your life
Now and again we try to just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it around 'cause it's not too late
It's never too late

No one will ever see this side reflected
And if there's something wrong who would have guessed it?
And I have left alone everything that I own
To make you feel like it's not too late, it's never too late

It's never too late

The world we knew won't come back
The time we've lost can't get back
The life we had won't be ours again

This world will never be what I expected
And if I don't belong

It's never too late

It's never too late
It's not too late, it's never too late

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Jack had been singing along in the background and smirked as they finished the song. It was one of his favourites. 'Never Too Late' had inspired him multiple times. To keep moving on and help fix the problems he was involved in. The only thing it hadn't... he stopped. He didn't want to think about his past right now.

"Your pretty good." Jack commented as his guitar chord finished ringing out. "Do you perform with a band?"

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 05:13 AM
She laughed. "No, but everyone on my dad's side is good at music. They have Gatherings all the time..." Ah, those had been the good times. the Gatherings were her favorite, and ceremonies were fun, but in a different way. At a Gathering, you'd just get up and perform, and people would join in with you. It was full of joy.

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Jack smiled a sad smile. "Sounds like fun. I was kicked out of my home world when I was around 200 years old." He realized that that would have sounded weird to most people, so he shook his head slightly and explained, his eyes avoiding any contact with Aena. "I'm a demon. Apparently attacking a high rank officer in our world gets you kicked out." He chuckled. "But not if your the King's son." Jack rolled his eyes at nothing in particular.

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Aena smiled back. "Yeah, well, I guess beating up your cousin, who's also the clan leader's son, for something he said, is about the same." She held up her bandaged hand. "I kinda got kicked out, too. Only they say it's for my own good."

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Jack blinked, shocked, but then he fixed his facial expression to a blank look. He hadn't expected to meet someone here that also got kicked out of their own species. "Well... then we both know what its like to be kicked out of our families." He smirked.

After a minute of silence, Jack started to put his guitar away. It was getting close to the first class of the day and most of the students were probably making their ways to lockers to get supplies and head to their class.

"I'll see you later." Jack said, slinging his guitar over his right shoulder and leaving the music room.

Allan-Hatai
08-02-2010, 06:00 AM
"Only my mom's side, bur yeah, I'll catch you later." And she was alone again. Oh, well, she'd better head to class anyway. What did she have first again?

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Jack weaved through the throngs of teenagers and finally made it to his locker after being smacked in the butt by a blonde vampire with a fair bit of cleavage hanging out of her shirt. During his first year at Koyumi, he had decided that some vampires had high sexual desires for demons.

After quickly punching in the code on his locker, Jack placed his guitar back in it and took out his math supplies. He shut the door, making sure the lock was locked like it was supposed to and headed to his math class.

Shani
08-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Azkadellia walked through the halls, exploring her new school. It seemed like a normal school with teachers, students, and class rooms. She saw a veriety of people as she walked along. She came to the main room that she wanted to see, the auditorium. Azkadellia opened the door and walked inside, it was beautiful. Rows and rows of seats, red and black velvet curtains, and a large beautiful stage. After she looked around a bit she left the room and continued to look around. Then she checked the time, I'm going to be late for class, it's a ggod thing I didn't stop at my locker. She though as she quickly walked to her class.

manami-chan669
08-03-2010, 04:06 AM
Haruka shrugged. "I don't really care," she said, "Wherever."

((Sorry! Super writers block!))

Xclbr1
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
"Alright then, lets just start walking."

They passed the cafeteria, the library, and the gym before they came accross the music room, they could hear music being played from inside,

"They must be gettingstarted early" He said, looking at the map, "Looks like the next room is..." He tried to finish, and keept walking...

manami-chan669
08-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Haruka peeked over his shoulder at the map. "Can you find the magic training room?" she asked, "I joined the magic team and I feel like practicing."

manami-chan669
08-04-2010, 04:09 AM
After finishing a chapter of the book, Akari bookmarked her page and left the library. She pulled the map out of her bag and scanned it for the magic training room. She sighed. It was pretty much on the other side of the school. 'Well I'm not going to walk all that way. It'd be a waste of time." Akari closed her eyes and cupped her palms together, her elbows straight out. Her black cat ears twitched as a cloud began to form underneath her. Once the spell was complete, she knelt on the cloud, grabbing the front of it and riding it to the magic training room.

Night
08-04-2010, 06:38 AM
Kanika, whose eyes gleamed as she looked at the school with excitement, played with a small piece of her midnight black hair the fell around her shoulder. There was a musical, graceful hop to her step, causing her messenger bag to bounce on her hip as she walked. She was holding onto her violin case with her other hand, as she had vocal music first, and then instrumental.

The whole idea of starting at a school for the gifted tingled the very depths of her bosom, and caused her to skip up the steps of her school. She opened the doors, and seemed to glide and weave her way easily through the late class students. Kanika knew it was late, but the didn't slow or speed her up. She decided to take her sweet time.

When she arrived to her class, it was still empty. With a shrug, she gently set her violin down, picked up a music stand and set it up. She took out a think folder from her bag, and placed it on the stand. The first few pieces were compositions she had made herself, then there were the precious Wiccan songs that she held close to her heart for a moment before putting them back. The next thick set of papers were of all types of genres she had arranged for both violin, piano, guitar, and vocal. With a small smile, she picked one out, a Latin beauty, and set it down on the stand. Of course, she started with a few warm-ups. When she felt she was ready, she set the folder down on her seat, took a deep breath, and sang.

Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam,
Et lingua eius loquetur indicium.

Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem,
Quoniqm cum probates fuerit accipient coronam vitae.

Kyrie, fons bonitatis.
Kyrie, ignis divine, eleison...

Her voice was, for lack of a better word, beautiful. After years of training, she had finally fond her true voice, and everytime she sang she sang to the heavens. It carried out the notes perfectly, having practiced this song for a long time.

Allan-Hatai
08-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Thankfully, Aena had remembered which class she had first before it was too late. It was a good think she liked astronomy, because it seemed like everyone in the class was younger than her by a year or more. It was very discouraging for someone who'd had maybe one friend outside of family, and you really shouldn't have family members for best friends when you're not their best friend. They tend to tell on you.

Xclbr1
08-04-2010, 04:33 PM
"Your on the magic team? So am I!" Dax looked back down at the map,
"Looks like its right around the corner, come on."
He walked with Haruka around the corner and about half-way down the hall they came up to the magic training room and slowly opened the door.
"Hello?" He called into the room...

soulpelt
08-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Looking up at the school James gulped abit. He hoped this place would be a change for him, instead of living up in an attic for his own safety he would be hopefully, making some friends and fit in. He wore a white shirt and black jean along with gray sneakers. On his back was bag that held all he needed, or so he thought. Getting out his class schedule he saw that he had some free time. It was a good a tiem as any to go to the Astronomy Club room. Getting out his map too he soon found his way there, then without really thinking he simply walked through the door of the astronomy room.

When he saw no one was around he sighed, knowing his luck there would be no one in the Atronomy club. Puttign away his schedule and map he started to look at the various star charts on the wall. His bright blue eyes studying start locations for future referance.

thesouleater
08-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Jack was sitting in the near-empty math class, with only one other student sitting in the back. They ignored each other. So, eventually he got bored after waiting in the class for a while. The demon slammed his workbook shut -he had been doodling in it- and decided to skip class. He collected his stuff and headed out.

Jack passed the magic room, ignoring the two people standing in front of it. He also passed the music room again, but didn't go in because of the voice he heard from inside. When he turned the corner to get to his locker, he nearly ran right into a cloud with a neko-girl riding on top. Being a demon, his reflexes were sharp and he avoided being run over by the neko-girl and her cloud. He continued to his locker and, once open, shoved his math stuff in there. In seconds, his guitar was slung over his shoulder, the locker closed and the demon down the hall.

As he headed outside, he passed a nervous looking student. Jack rolled his eyes. Most of the people at Koyumi were nice, there was no reason for the new kid to be nervous. He headed towards the closest Starbucks.

Night
08-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Her song ended, and there was a new atmosphere in the room that made her smile. It was then that the students came in, yawning, and looking very bored. Kanika could not but hold back a pout. If her class would be this boring, and missing energy, then she believed the class would not be worth it. And besides, the teacher was not here yet, it was her first day... it would not be that bad to skip... would it?

She decided, with a shrug and the putting away of her things, that it was not. She walked out of the music room, holding her violin case close to her.

"Let's see..." She pulled out her schedule. "That's right, photography club.." She headed in that direction, humming Lilium. She would be back in the music room for second period, so it would be fine. She walked to her locker, put her violin things in, and took out her favorite camera in it's case and put it in her messenger bag. Kanika walked with excited grace to the photography club, tail curling and un curling.

Tsujiko
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Kei glanced around the school, it wasn't anything like he had seen before. He hoped that it would be okay that he had brought his own kendo shinai as he walked past the dojo where he assumed the practices would take place.

As he adjusted his backpack he shifted his stack of prayer slips. I wonder if this school has a kyudo group? It would help me learn to shoot my ki arrows a lot better... He sighed inwardly and stepped into his first class of the day, History of Shamanism. With a thud he set down his backpack and dug out his notebook, waiting for class to start.

manami-chan669
08-05-2010, 01:51 AM
Haruka looked around. "It doesn't seem like anyone is here," she said. The two were currently standing in a large, gym-like room. I'm the back, there were rooms for one-person training. Haruka turned to Dax. "Wanna train together?" she offered.

Xclbr1
08-05-2010, 02:37 PM
"Sure" He said to Haruka as they walked into the room.

"Now im not sure exactly how this works, so please, explain"

Night
08-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Kanika giggled, quietly conversing with some of the students in the photography room. She was trying her best to stay with the conversation, but it just wasn't working. They were boring. Talking about the scenery around them, when Kanika wanted to hear about rare sights she hadn't seen. They talked about their home countries, mainly around forestry. Sure, a lot of good shots could be taken in the forest, but where was the excitement in that?
She turned her head away with a sigh. Nice people, really, but boring. She wandered to the photo's hanging on the wall, taking them in. But most of them were similar, so she took her stuff and headed out, pulling out her camera and wandered the halls. Kanika wanted to take pictures of students in action. Magic, perhaps? Maybe the fencing team. Was there a fencing team? Whatever. She planned to take a picture and a damn good one.

(Wow, has it died...)

Xclbr1
08-26-2010, 02:54 AM
(( I guess it did, and i have no idea what happened, just in the middle of some pretty fast roleplay, then bam, lights out...))