PDA

View Full Version : Wonk_Sauce Alpha: Boom! (OOC/Signups)

Biophysicist
07-28-2010, 09:03 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/161gzt.jpg

In the year 9001 A.D., war was begun. It seemed that we would not survive make our time. The war between the Generic Union and the hellish Defilers had drained our resources to the point where even getting a kitten to make a sandwich with was becoming hard out in the Far Zones, and even harder in the Fart Zones. Exactly 314 days after First Contact with the Defilers, the Union flagship went down, wiping several star systems off the map as it exploded - into very pretty colors, I should add. And, 1337 days after that, the Psionics Wing, our strongest dudes, seceded from the Union and fled, lead by their leader, Sir Robin. Simultaneously, the High Admiral of our postal service accidentally discovered that the reason we were being pwn't so badly was because the Union's leader was, in fact, dead, and had been replaced by a lot of very not-good-at-strategy dudes. Realizing that the Union was gonna get borked soon, he and his postal workers also seceded and fled. Now, over half of the Union's warships, battleships, combatships, duelships, and fightships were gone, and it quickly fell as the Defilers moved in with their 900133742314270713 demon-ships, of which we had borked only 123456789, and killed all the Union people and feasted upon their brains. This is the state of the Universe now: 58.74858576699004324% is controlled by the Defilers, and the rest is divided between the Psionics Wing and the Mailmen. These three factions are locked in endless struggle for the win.

lul backstory

Greetings. This is the first episode of Wonk_Sauce, an RP set in a universe originally designed for a StarCraft mod. ;o You are crew members on the MMS Knee Infarction, a duelship (which is a small fightship (which is a small combatship (which is a small battleship (which is a small warship)))) constructed by the Mailmen for the Defiler War. (It also happens to be the ship in that banner image.) That's all that I'll tell you for now, besides that you will see a lot of combat, both in space and hand-to-hand. I'm not putting up my bio yet, because I don't want to take a position that someone else might want. There is no bio format that you need to adhere to.

EDIT: I am apparently aboard the failboat... I forgot to mention that there will be future RPs also set on the Knee Infarction, and any major characters (that is, the captain and chief medical officer and so on) will be carried over. If the player who created one of these characters does not join the next Wonk_Sauce RP, then the character will be either converted into an NPC, given to another player (if anyone wants the character), or removed from the RP somehow.

BallsofIce
07-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Bro. It's a mech riding a space ship.

I'm in.

Biophysicist
07-29-2010, 12:03 AM
That it is... (Actually, it's a Thor riding a Medivac - both of which are StarCraft 2 units.)

But I'll need a bio from you.

Also, I forgot to mention something important... I'll edit it into the end of the first post.

Shifty
07-29-2010, 02:15 AM
two things:
#1: Awesome to see another starcraft maniac out there. What is your opinion on the change of the zerglings from SC1 to SC2?

numero dos: This RP looks ridiculous, over-the-top and just plain mad... I believe I shall join.

Biophysicist
07-29-2010, 02:23 AM
#1: I loved the SC1 ling. They were awesome. Now they just look like really stupid dogs. Banelings are nice, though.
#2: Yay! Two dudes in less than six hours!

This RP looks ridiculous, over-the-top and just plain mad...
I try.

Shifty
07-29-2010, 04:52 AM
Name: Ivan Frunkle
Position: Chief Medical Officer
Height: 5' 8 "
Weight: 245 pounds of solid muscle.
Appearance: A somewhat portly man with a large beard and a large, curly moustach. His hair is a bright coppery red, and he often wears a monocle over his left eye, with both eyes a deep blue. He often wears a black suit and purple tie normally , or, on special occasions, an expensive purple robe. He does have medical apparel as well.
Info: Despite his stately appearance, Ivan is a very effective fighter, especially in hand to hand combat, and knows at least one form of karate. His skill with a gun isn't much to scoff at either. Otherwise, not much is known of him, other than he is very intelligent in some things, knows medicine to a degree, and dislikes eating military food, often giving advice to the ship's chef as to what he should cook.

If there's anything else I need, please tell me. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Biophysicist
07-29-2010, 01:06 PM
knows medicine to a degree
You made my day. Which isn't saying much, seeing as I've been up for all of ten minutes, but still. Lulz.

Approved, on the condition that you're okay without having much to do during space combat scenes.

Shifty
07-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Sweet, can't wait to start!

John
07-29-2010, 09:07 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) to help attract players?