PDA

View Full Version : Memories of Onyx: Space Grid.

The Magnan
07-30-2010, 05:54 PM
The humans who lived on Onyx lived in peace lived without fear. They never knew what lurked beneath the surface. The Accelerator was already there when they discovered it the humans discovered numerous catacombs, and chambers connecting to the structure, but one door remained shut. It had a complex lock and after ten years they broke the lock. There curiousity killed them.

"I live in a prison. I live in hell. I live in darkness. In your fear. In your hearts. In your mind."

The deep booming voice of the Energymind echoed around Onyx. Everyone heard it. It was all to late. The spores containing hundreds maybe thousands of energy ghouls were already on a collosion course with Alpha, and Echo District. The Earth Federation's military force tried to drive back this energy enemy while the colony's dreadnoughts evacuated the civilians. One ship however was carrying supplys to the Space Grid. That ship was infected as soon as the first few spores hid the city.

It was small ship and on board were twenty energy ghouls ready to spread the infection to the universe.

The story takes place prior to the landing of the supply ship on the Space Grid. The commander on board Kieth is trying to work out whats happening on the surface as contact is lost and all he can are blotches of orange on the planet. Something was badly wrong.

I hope this is better than my previous roleplay idea. I might add a little more later on. The characters will be human but i will control and play the main enemy Energy Ghouls who take the shape of lifeforms they see. Not completely immune to bullets resistant nonetheless. Then there are the Energy Humans, infected humans these are far more vulnerable. Your goal is defend the Space Grid, i'm afraid to say not all of us will survive. But there are always sequels.

The Magnan
07-30-2010, 05:58 PM
You can use your own style of character lists but include your rank, and maybe some background information.

Sir Manguydude
07-31-2010, 05:17 AM
For some reason, I am feeling a massive Halo reference...of course you wouldn't understand unless you read the books I guess.

The Magnan
07-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Actually your right, my Energy Ghouls resemble the Flood. The Energymind is an energy form of Gravemind. I've read the book where the flood are introduced although i wouldn't mind reading the book set on reach. I also got the ideas from Run Like Hell with the space station being overrun.

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 06:45 AM
The Setting.

The Space Grid like many space stations has numerous decks, with different purposes. Some levels are were the experiments and research is done. There is the shuttle bays. The first deck is the bridge, can only reached an elevator. On the lower decks there is a sickbay, weapons storage for the guards. To keep the station running, engineers regularly check for problems with the engines or propulsion systems. In the middle of the station are the barracks, and the cafeteria.

Auki
08-09-2010, 08:17 AM
Hey there~ C:
If you're looking for members, why not submit this roleplay for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905), put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?
:kailya:

Vendetta94
08-09-2010, 08:48 AM
hi I'm interested in joining your role-play if your looking for volunteers im offering.

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks, when your ready post your character, suppose i should work on mine.

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Oh and thanks Kailya i will probably need help in attracting players.

spirits breath
08-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I can give this a shot.
Though I read the halo books. this is painting starcraft on it for me.
basicly the zerg virus that infects the civillians.(unless your armor has a hole in it, you are safe)

But I have a question. Is there alien races we can play? Or are we restricted to humans. (otherwise you are going to see something not human at all.) Just wondering since I am curious.
otherwise I am interested. (the power of the unicorn in Kailya's post seemed to make me compulsed to join)

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah basically, thats what the energy ghouls are, but it depends on the armour.

I suppose i could allow alien characters. At one point i considered using my Crocodillian/Razerian characters. A specie which scavenges the technology of others. They were also meant to attack at the same point the energy ghouls escape confinement. They are called crocodillian because of uncanny resemblance to crocodiles. But a lot more fierce. If you think i should bring them in, i'll have to edit my first post.

I should also mention the Space Grid is how the story ends, so i'm doing the crazy thing and going backwards. If you know what i mean.

spirits breath
08-09-2010, 09:37 PM
alright. Expect a alien character osmetime later tonight.
I hope some of you know where I got this idea from. Though while it does have some strengths, it also has a few weaknesses to consider.
also low tech aliens rule. I got a good character in mind. (shall you say an escaped specimine?)

The Magnan
08-10-2010, 06:07 AM
What kind of escaped specimen. One from Onyx or one from the station. I guess i need to get my characters up. I'll do it later today.

The Magnan
08-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Name: Commander Kieth Jones.
Hair style/colour: short blonde.
Eye colour: green
Appearance. Tall, and wears a black shirt, and trousers with commander insignia on the sleeve. He also wears a necklace with a shark tooth attached to it. As he sees it as a good luck charm.
Weapons: standard issue Assault Rifle.
Background: Formally a Lieutentant-Commander of the Dreadnought S.T.A.R he took the role of commanding the Space Grid space station after witnessing first hand a planet anhillation. By a specie calling itself the Razerians. The S.T.A.R.S crew was almost wiped out initial attack. The few surviving crew mounted a rescue mission, in attempt to find survivors on the war torn planet. They only rescued thirty six and could manage warp for a few hours at most since the warp drive had almost been critically damaged. The Razerian ship Revenant dissappeared with stolen technology, but not enough information to discover the location of Earth.

Its not much yet but i will try and add more.

The Magnan
08-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Name: The Energy Mind (Truth)
Appearance: A massive energy being part of the Accelerator chamber. It has seven massive tentacle and is capable of spawning many more. It also spawn the energy ghouls
Background information: Formally an Ascender named Truth and was forced into being an experiment was Ascender Solace. The experiment went wrong and the energy being completed merged with Truth, and using his knowledge did it mount an offensive on Onyx, causing the Ascender to fire a beam from accelerator capable of wiping out the energy ghouls. The Energy Mind had already began to completely form, merging with the metal infrastructure. While the blast wiped out the ghouls, he was safely underground and survived, and grew in knowledge over centuries. Until the day when humanities curiosity dooms the universe.

spirits breath
08-11-2010, 03:11 AM
a specimine made by members of the station as a way to make a being able to be resistant to the energy of the energy mind.(think this is right) this being, it would be able to survive if say it had an arm cut off, it would still hurt, but it will grow back in time. (much like a lizard grows its tail back, only a bit quicker.)

However for the regenrative ability, there is a nice set of countering points for weaknesses. As character balance.

have to get to sleep for work, but I can see about trying to get my character up beforehand. if not I will have it up a bit later.

The Magnan
08-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Sounds good, look forward to seeing him.

The Magnan
08-11-2010, 09:01 AM
This is a rewrite of the plot line if i bring the Razerians into it. Tell me which you think is better.

"This is the space grid to Onyx *Static* there is a *static* ship. It can't *static*"

The Onyx field commander ran to the window and looked up to see a massive ship enter Onyx's atmosphere. Without warning it opened fire on the Echo District's Command Center. The plasma charge tore through the wall and sent debris and dirt in all directions. More weapons fire, this time towards Alpha District. The train station was hit first, and then the hospital. The field commander got up off the ground, and stepped to the gap in wall, as the ship deployed drop ships. Some had already landed and engaged the military. Fire fights were taking place everywhere. The Humans won some shoot outs, but this new type of enemy proved resilient with the reptilian like skin, yet they seemed to resemble crocodiles. The ones in charge were shouting out commands in its language. There was no mercy shown, and the enemy killed and killed.

Meanwhile deep with in the Accelerator something was stirring, after the humans broke its seal. It's mind was finally free. The spores were launched.

The first ones were large, and slammed into Echo District, one attaching itself to the Echo Research Centre. The other hit the Command Center, attempting to fill the gap made. The field commander stepped back, this was not possible. The energy wall began bulge and something fell out. It got to its feet and leaped on the commander. More followed, doing exactly the same thing.

Soon both districts were covered in the energy substance, and the humans and aliens began to fight not just each other but the energy ghouls too. However, the ghouls were irrepressible, and unrelenting. It did not take long for the Energy Mind to completely take each district. The Revenant for the time being a safe distance. But it had been hit by a spore....

The only thing that left the surface was a supply ship heading for the Space Grid. A small spore had attached itself, planted infestation and then released its grip. The supply ship was a Trojan Horse, and inside twenty energy ghouls patiently waited to dock on the station.

spirits breath
08-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Name: Sskaleon Jualdnia

Sex: (undecided. Will work this out later for sex balancing.)

Weight: 213 lbs

Height: 6'7''

Appearane: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs38/f/2009/002/2/1/zerg_hydralisk_by_ghost67.jpg
(yeah, fan based. But I figure it could be used since I was looking for some sort of alien and it stood out to me.)

Strengths:
*Regeneration-can regenerate body parts, with a few exceptions, it is near constant for is weapons as they shoot slightly acidic needles made of chiten. This also means that he can live near forever until killed though other means.*

Acid needles- small needles made of chiten that is shot out of a small vacuole in his shoulders. While they may be a bit stronger than an average machinegun, they suffer from targets resistant to acid, via different types of armors and metals.(in example a farmer wearing his leather and cloth suit, well he may be in trouble for a few seconds. Then to a standard marine wearing full metal armor, well the very tip of the needle may puncture some spots of the armor, others may hit go into the targets body. But that soldier is still going to be shooting back a bit more)

Weaknesses: Fire does more damage to him than it would most beings.
Ladders aren't friendly as he isn't quite designed for them.(may end up having nothing to hold onto for the next person)
*Since he can live near forevor with sustinence, as well as able to regenerate his body. If he is captured, he could be there for a while.*

Bio: (will do this part later)

The Magnan
08-12-2010, 07:14 AM
The image scared me. But nice character reminds me of the Alien Xenomorphs.

spirits breath
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
wow, it sorta reminded me of a zerg hydralisk.

but then again that is what they are based on i think.

The Magnan
08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Whats a Zerg Hydralist never heard of them. I'll get the Ic up soon unless you want to wait for more joiners.

spirits breath
08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
well if it is just you and me, I would like to say maybe wait about a week to ten days. if not, then go.

Oh and a zerg hydralisk is from starcraft. anything zerg is from there.

The Magnan
08-12-2010, 02:13 PM
oh sounds interesting, so do you think the Razerian battle fleet with be a nice addition.

spirits breath
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
yeah, they can work in nicely i like additions.

The Magnan
08-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Good good, they my only really well developed race of beings.

The Magnan
08-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Right I'll make the IC. Maybe if people read it they'll get interested.

spirits breath
08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
maybe. worth a shot, though no guarentees as this isnt always the top read category. (sci-fi)

will check it out.

The Magnan
08-18-2010, 01:35 PM
It might take a while.