PDA

View Full Version : The Controllers (OOC)

thesouleater
07-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Story:

The Earth is falling apart. Global Warming, murder, drugs… it all wears down after a while. Small island countries and large amounts of everything else is under water. There’s barely any land left and natural disasters killed almost all of the human race. Almost no animals or plants survived these disasters. The people were desperate and hungry, barely getting by with what they had. There were 16 children left in the world, ranging between 2 and 17. There were 8 men and 8 women between the ages of 20 and 40.

God thought that it was stupid that these humans he created killed the beautiful Earth he created. He knew he could create another, but he loved the planet Earth. So he gave the humans another chance.

God gave the humans the power to control the elements. Each woman, man and two children would control either fire, water, air or earth. Those with higher spirit and good hearts learnt to control more difficult sub-elements such as ice, lightening or metal. Some even learnt healing techniques. The humans recreated the Earth and made sure that they didn’t make the same mistakes as they did in the past.

It’s now thousands of years later and the study of element control is dying out. Only eight students remain. Four of them work for the good of man-kind, the other four use their element control for power.

1) Keep it PG-13.
2) Follow the RPA rules.
3) No god modding.
4) Use proper grammar and spelling. (dnt u h8 it whn ppl tlk lik dis? Its probably against forum rules anyways, but just making sure it doesn’t happen.)
5) Wait for me to accept you before posting.
6) Have fun! :]

Element: Fire
Sub-Element: Lightening

Element: Air
Sub-Element: Healing

Element: Water
Sub-Element: Ice

Element: Earth
Sub-Element: Metal

The sub-elements are extremely difficult to master, so you can’t be all ‘THIS IS TOO EASY’ and be controlling metal. I will absolutely disallow that. You can bend the sub-elements, just not like it’s the most simple thing in the world.

Name: {full name}
Element: {fire, water, earth or air. Only one element}
Side: {good or evil}
Personality: {a brief description of how your character acts}
Appearance: {a detailed description or a picture. But preferably a picture}
History: {a brief history of your character}
Other: {anything else that you want to add}

~Fire
Character: Anita Shawn
Username: Vanilla

~Air
Character: Blake Vayne
Username: thesouleater

~Water
Character: Maya Licenda
Username: Gyrenne

~Earth
Character: Annette Briar
Username: Pompog

~Fire
Character: Serina McKnight
Username: Shani

~Air
Character: Tano Noro
Username: Sir Manguydude

~Water
Character: Valishan Mal'tyr
Username: Nichal

~Earth
Character: Tiberius Golov
Username: Staplers

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
(I'll add more if needed)

Feel free to ask questions. -wttr-

thesouleater
07-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Name: Blake Vayne
Side: Good
Personality: Blake is a nice person overall. He’s outgoing and open-minded. Sometimes he can be a little dense though. When he doesn’t get enough sleep or food he becomes sarcastic and rude. He will do anything for his friends.
Appearance: http://c2.api.ning.com/files/wqAzcbPXfUrYnj2hkW26ZPinTnaZnYSDsD8DGNNE3Ly4VjhOVi 8N-jTM4xvoVhNwAMCzdehaTLRdDpgtIaPJfZRC4BXdmWDx/AnimeGuy16.jpg
(He wears dark grey skinny jeans and black sandles.)
History: Blake’s parents were killed soon after he was born, so he was sent to his Grandfather’s house. There, he was taught air control. He also learnt the moves and patterns for fire, earth and water, but could not bend them. Air had taken over his life. Blake never used his abilities anywhere public unless they were to help someone.
Other: N/A

(I don't own this picture. I don't know who drew it, so I can't credit them. I don't know if its originally an anime/manga character or not, if it is, that was unintentional.)

Pompog
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey could you save me a spot for the good earth user please!

thesouleater
07-31-2010, 06:48 PM
Sure. :]

Pompog
07-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Name: Annette Briar
Personality: Annette can be very outgoing and fun-loving, though is quiet. Because all through her life she has had a lot of instability Annette is not use to making new friends. Annette is a fast learner and can understand somethings that are way beyond her age .She is also not trusting of older people because of being moved from family to family. Annette is very sarcastic and brazen with her words when she is annoyed and when angry, just move out of her way or you might see a boulder going right for your head.
Appearance: http://i865.photobucket.com/albums/ab218/SayonaraAoiSora/39bmp-1.jpg
History: From the very beginning Annette had only known living in an orphanage and wished that she could be adopted and live like a normal child. Her parents were a mystery to her and the orphanage had never told her about them. But as she got older and more people became interested in adopting her, Annette soon found that being adopted wasn't as she had dreamed it would be. The world outside the orphanage was hard for her and on to of that some of the people who adopted her were not ideal members of society. Then after being adopted six times the next person who had adopted her was a kindly old woman who lived far from the city. There the old woman home schooled her and taught her about the ability of controlling the ground she walked on. It didn’t take long for Annette to almost master her new ability. The only thing she had left to learn was controlling her own emotions, but sadly the old woman died before she could truly learn it, upon her death Annette had a even harder time controlling her emotions. And instead of going back to yet another orphanage she decided to run-away.
Other: Annette is a particularly good thief.

[ sorry it's a little rushed, I'm about to go out. -thasmiley- ]

thesouleater
07-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Accepted. ^_^

Sir Manguydude
08-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Name: Tano Noro
Side: Evil
Personality: He takes everything serious. Also he seems to be a sarcastic nice person.
Appearance: http://images.mmorpg.com/images/avatars/Assassin8.jpg
History: Tano lived a poverty stricken life. His father died from disease when he was 8. Before his father died, his mother had also contracted the same disease, and would suffer the same fate shortly. Tano lived in the house for 2 more years, living off robbery. One day he was pickpocketing one individual and was caught. He tried to pull his hand away and run, but an invisible force was holding it in place. This man offered Tano the opportunity of a life-time, to come live with him, and become his apprentice. When Tano turned 17 he murdered his Master. He now lives the life of his Master, even wearing his clothes.

John
08-01-2010, 04:34 AM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

thesouleater
08-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Accepted. ^_^

(I'll edit the 'Bad Guys' section above tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm on my I-Pod right now and its just too frustrating to edit.)

Nichal
08-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Name: Valishan Mal'tyr
Side: Evil
Personality: Valishan is a very manipulative person. If he can get another person to do the job for him, he'll do whatever he can to have it happen that way. Though until he has a person under his thumb, he'll seem like a genuinely sweet and caring person. Really he isn't.

Appearance: http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq163/silverDs0ul/kamina.jpg

History: Valishan is the son of a wealthy mob boss/businessman. He had been spoiled and given everything throughout his life. That was until he turned 15 and wanted to start his own gang. He had gotten some people together and started off by selling some drugs, the problem was he did it in his father's territory. He might have actually been fine if he had told his father. Instead, his father was upset over the act.

The people under his father started to see him weak if a 15 year old boy could be selling right under his nose. His father had to do something, so he froze his son's accounts and sent him out into the world. If Valishan could survive out there until he turned 21, then his father would allow him back into his life and place him in the family business.

Now, Valishan's first year had been rocky to start. Money was low and space to deal was shrinking around him. That all changed when he turned 16 and began to notice something strange. Something very strange to him indeed.

A grunt returned to give word about the purchase of new goods. The news was bad, the shipment was stolen. As Valishan's anger began to rise, his glass began to rattle as the water began to change form. At the height of his yelling, the glass shattered right next to him and all that remained was a block of ice. This cause him to wonder what happened.

As months passed, he tried hard to work with this ability. First just seeing if the act was a coincidence, then actually seeing what he could do with it. With each success or failure, he had the same thoughts linger in his mind. Did his father know all along about this gift? Did he have the same gift?

For now, he just had to work on becoming better at his gift. Once he's invited back into the family...who knows.

Other: Nothing that I know off.

thesouleater
08-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Cool. Accepted for both of you. :>

Vanilla
08-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Name: Anita Shawn
Element: Fire
Personality: Cheerful and outgoing, Anita is never afraid to meet new people and venture to new places. She's also easily curious.
Appearance: http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Onna_Elwood/anime-15.jpg
History: Anita lived a generally normal life. Her family from her father's side had been students of fire element, and she learned the element in her father's steps. Her skills, however, wasn't considered that great, since Anita seldom contented her emotions; her freedom in expressing her emotions often made her fire out of control, and without her father, Anita would have burnt her whole house down, with her baby brother in it, when she was 15. The accident affected her greatly and since then, she had been training really hard to control herself. Now, 2 years later, she's proud to say that she can control her fire better, although sometimes she still accidentally makes things 'spark'.
Other: N/A

Gyre Fate
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Name: Maya Licenda
Personality: Maya is very kind and friendly person, she is usually the first one to give a hand when someone needs help. Her calmness and optimistic mind often makes people to change sides from bad to good.
Appearance: http://www.themesformyspace.com/uploads/images/385049a3f6a326909.jpg
History: Maya wasn't very lucky one, because her parents were poor and they decided to give her away to relatives when she was small baby.
Yet fortunately these family relatives taught Maya everything they knew. Her foster-mother had amazing knowledges in controlling water, so that Maya could learn from her, even though Maya was a good learner, she had to practice many weeks to get the moves right.
When Maya got 14 she had to make difficult choice: to leave and continue learning, to help others or to stay with foster-parents, to live so called normal life without using powers.
Of course, her good will to make a world better won, she just couldn't accept that everyone dies around her and she can't use water controlling such a long time. Now she is one of the good ones who want to change something, searching peace and happiness, making difference.
Other: -

thesouleater
08-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Awesome. Now we just need two more bad dudes (I swear I could not think of a good name for the bad dudes or good dudes. D:). :)

Vanilla
08-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Uhm.. how about heroes and villains?

And if nobody is taking it, maybe I can fill the spot as the Fire bad dude, too? ^^;

thesouleater
08-05-2010, 04:28 PM
.___. That makes a lot more sense, but I think I'll stick with bad guys and good guys. :]

And yeah, if you want to play the bad fire person, you can. Just wait a day or two and see if someone else wants to take up the spot. I want to have the IC up by Sunday. :3

Shani
08-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Name: Serina McKnight
Element: fire
Side: evil
Personality: It depends on who see is around. She is quite the actress. She can be nice, sweet, and understanding. But she can also be coniving, rude, mean. Like I said it depends on who's she around and what her mood is like.*
Appearance: http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll226/BAMFuchan/Anime/Anime_Girl_.jpg
History: Serina had a loving family. A mother, and a father who loved her dearly. But they couldn't help her. The other kids didn't really like Serina. She was different from most of them. In many ways, looks, her actions, her personality, and her religion. You see Serina is a Wiccan, she believes that there are spirits in plants and animals and the power within the four elements. So Serina has almost always been alone. She was a part of the drama club in her school which taught her how to hide emotions and have a wonderful poker face. What made matters worse for her was that her parents had been murdered. They were stabbed repeatedly during a mugging and bled to death before anyone could help. For a while she was in shock. The only ones who liked and loved her, the only people who gave a damn. The only*family she had, were gone. When the police told her the news she was in the middle of setting up a fire pit to boil some remedy. After the police had gone she went out back and continued then she lit a match, dropped it in the pit still burning, and started have a tantrum. Then she noticed something the more emotion she had the bigger and faster the fire grew. Which lead to the research of the past, if others had, had a gift of similar portion. Then realising there is so much she can do with the power she was blessed with. So she began to practice and perfect it. She still has a lot to learn though. *A lot of the ideas, the death of her family, and the horrible ways the kids treated her over the years made her think wickedly and fuelled this power. Now she stays alone living in the same house, stealing what she needs to survive.*
Other: I don't think so.*

I hope this is okay.*

thesouleater
08-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Awesome. Accepted. ^_^ Thanks for joining. :) Just one more spot to go.

thesouleater
08-13-2010, 05:55 AM
Since I'm the GM, this should be useful to know: I will be away all day tomorrow and I might be able to post every once in a while tomorrow evening my time which is Cali/BC Canada time. I'll also be away from this Sunday through next Friday at a stay-over-night camp. I'll be back sometime that Friday, but I won't be able to post often even when I get back because I'll be at a day camp. ;king6; Jeesh. My parents really do like to fill up my schedule...

thesouleater
08-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Alright, since I don't want this to die, I'm going to put up the IC even though we don't have someone to play the evil earth person. Lets say that they go missing and when and if someone signs up for that part, they come out of hiding.

Anyways, I'll post a link when I have the IC up.

thesouleater
08-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Here's the link: http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=308527#post308527

Before you post: My character is in Vancouver British Columbia, Canada. I would prefer if your characters stay in areas close to BC. So, you can go anywhere in British Columbia (preferably in slightly more Southern areas, but anywhere is fine), Northern areas of Washington state and Western areas of Alberta.

This is just what I would prefer, but if you want your character off in the middle of nowhere, thats totally cool.

Staplers
08-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Name: Tiberius Golov
Side: Bad
Personality: A quick temper, and always needs a sense of control over things. Also very greedy in his processions, and always has a hunger for more regardless of how expansive his collection of old-world artifacts. He’s often over-confident and self-absorbed, believing his purpose on the earth surpasses many other’s. Despite these poor qualities, Tiberius is very strong-willed, and fights for what he truly believes in, no matter how misguided he may seem.

Appearance: http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n195/Sedalb_pics/Prince_of_Persia_Warrior_Within.jpg

History: Tiberius was raised in a well balanced wealthy family. Both his father and mother were well respected Elemental controllers of Earth. Naturally, they both trained Tiberius the fine art of bending the Earth to his will, and taught him the ways of being a warrior of the element.

However, when one becomes wealthy, they do not do it without making a few enemies. With that said, the Golov family had many enemies, and all sought their fortune. When they could not beat the family by force since the Golov family was too high profile, they attempted a shot at defeating them economically. It worked splendidly.

Within months, the wealthy Golov family was driven into dept through black-market deals and shady bank receipts, all designed by their enemies to drive them into poverty. With no other choice but to admit defeat, the Golov’s sold their wealthy life-style and fled the country in order to protect their young son. Tiberius however, having a taste of what it used to feel like being wealthy, was not a fan of poverty. He often got in trouble with the local authorities stealing money or items, a life of crime in order to obtain what he used to have.

His parents obviously were displeased with his actions, but their concerns fell on deaf ears. Tiberius’ criminal record only grew when both is parents became sick due to mal-nutrition. This drove Tiberius to do whatever it cost to obtain funds to support his parent’s illness. However, in order to successfully fund their hospital bills, Tiberius needed to lie about his line of work, keeping his double life a secret to save his parent’s the shame.

He didn’t care, he would take one’s life in order to guarantee his family’s safety, and to obtain the life of luxury he once had.

thesouleater
08-23-2010, 04:14 AM
AWESOME!! XD Accepted. :3 No more controller spots available anymore.

Staplers
08-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Is this dead, or is this just a surge of inactivity?

thesouleater
08-30-2010, 09:02 PM
._____. I hope not. Theres only been three of us that have posted entrances in the IC, so.... *shrugs* I dunno.

Staplers
08-31-2010, 03:56 AM
You can probably post again to encourage others that this RP still exists

thesouleater
08-31-2010, 05:10 AM
Whatever you want. Haha. :)

RisingPhoenix
09-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Hmmm, are you still accepting? I have a wondrous idea for a Light Elemental, muhahahaha

thesouleater
09-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah, but I really only want the four elements. =\ We might be able to work it out though. Just PM me.

thesouleater
09-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Alright. I'm getting a little frustrated with the fact that some people that have joined, have not posted in the IC. Its been up for easily over a week people! If you already have, you can ignore this message (but I'm pretty sure that you'll keep reading anyway, just out of curiosity). Anyone that has not posted in the IC a week and a half from now, the user will be sent a PM asking if they are still interested. If that is not replied to within a week, the user will be removed from the RP. If they finally decide to go online and state their interest is still there, they may have their spot back, as long as they agree to frequent posting. If a spot is taken over by someone else if you decide to come back, you will have to speak with the person in hold of that spot. Not me. The person in hold of the spot. If they refuse to hand over that spot, then you may look to see if there is anything else available Sorry if this does not seem fair, but you have one and a half weeks! If you are reading this and haven't posted..... GO POST! >=\