PDA

View Full Version : Round 1- RedKayne Vs. Thelonewandere. Judge: Kris

Kris
02-15-2014, 11:39 PM
You wake up to find yourself within this beautiful place.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101228095304/monsterhunter/images/4/48/New_Arena_Area_3_MHFO.jpg

There are two huts placed on your each side, which you are allowed to use once per battle to avoid attacks, but if you do, you are forbidden to use your hands for one turn (the one that follows).

The landscape is rather simple. You can climb on the rocks around and swim in the small lake, but you cannot leave this small area.

Whatever you're going to destroy will rebuilt itself in the next turn.

Fight well, you have 5 posts per person and 72 hours to respond between each post.

The first to go is RedKayne

RedKayne
02-18-2014, 11:46 PM
The Beginning of the End (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7lUbWEbqY)

Life was a fragile thing in this cruel world. It can be taken away in an instant... there would be no mercy or warning.. it would just simply be gone.

The Cold Emperor knew this harsh lesson by heart, and the tragic memory of this teaching would forever haunt his soul. He clenches his fists in anger at the bitter thought, the obsidian-black metal of his armor creaking from the tenseness. He entered this infamous tournament, this slaughter, in order to face worthy opponents and become stronger. However, his true main goal was simple... vengeance.

His eyes of blue-fire gaze around his landscape. Before his fall into darkness, the Emperor may have admired this beautiful scenery. Large foreboding cliffs surrounded the arena, and there was a magnificent small lake nearby. However, the Emperor could not appreciate the beauty of this terrain, simply because he no longer cared for such trivial things.

The Emperor turns his head to face his opponent at the opposite side of the battlefield. It was a tall, exotic creature bearing feminine traits. The alien seemed reptilian in nature with its dark scaly skin. The Emperor took note of the ferocious beast's mandibles with razor-sharp teeth, along with the creature being built like a pile-driver with its display of large muscles. This was not an opponent to underestimate.

The black knight cracked a wicked grin beneath his enigmatic helmet, "Well, you certainly are one ugly daughter of a bitch, aren't?" he raises his voice in a taunting tone and calls out to his opponent.

He cackled as he awaited his opponents response before immediately charging towards the creature. His muscular legs propelling his sprint to an extraordinary speed. The Cold Emperor did not want to waste time with this battle and preferred the heads-on approach. When he was within 25 feet of his opponent, his left palm became surrounded by ivy-like strands of light-blue energy. He quickly halts his movement and then kneels on the ground, his left palm slamming against it. The blue energy was sent to the dirt, and ice rapidly formed on top of it and encroached the area in front of the Cold Emperor. The floor of ice would certainly cause his opponent to lose balance with its footing, but the Emperor was merciless and will not give a chance for the monster to escape his wrath.

He raises his right hand, ice energy focusing upon it. A dozen frost shards formed from his palm before shooting towards his opponent like a piercing bullet, each and every one of these shards were capable of slicing through most armor like butter.

Thelonewanderer
02-19-2014, 05:04 AM
(T'kam Ar'lok)

T'kam walked on to the field, looking around. It was small, which she could play to her advantage. Looking across the field, T'kam say her opponent in this tournament she had signed up for, at the Spartan's prodding to join. Still not sure why she listened to him, T'kam was here, and focused.

"The same can be said of you, Frosty," T'kam said, as she moved to avoid the Emperor's attacks. She rolled out of the way of the ice shards, while activating her swords, the heat from the blades of plasma casing the ice to melt slowly.

getting to her feet, T'kam rushed the cyromancer, aiming two diagonal slashes at his chest area. Best to go for center mas early, and head-shots to finish it all.

RedKayne
02-20-2014, 03:42 AM
Clash of Warriors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EMD6eLWp6Y)

The muscular creature proved to be more nimble than the Emperor expected, as she managed to easily roll out of the way of his frost shards while still maintaining her balance upon the slippery ice below her. He formed a slight frown and made a small "tsk" sound of annoyance as the woman pulled out two metallic hilts in both hands. She pressed a button on both of the strange devices, and two rays of sunlight formed upon the hilts hilts.

The Emperor wasn't familiar with this kind of magic, but his mythical aura wavered as it could already sense the bane of his essence. The alien apparently summoned two blades of intense heat, and the Emperor knew that this battle just became exponentially more difficult. Many thoughts raced into his head as he envisioned his next moves. If this reptilian creature was capable of manipulating heat waves, then most of his ice spells would be useless against her.

He growls as he raises his right hand, dark-light suddenly radiating around it. The dark-light quickly faded away and revealed a weapon that materialized into his hand: a scythe with limitless destructive potential. Perhaps later on in the battle, if this opponent proved to be worthy enough, the Emperor would use his forbidden weapon.

Right now, the Cold Emperor planned to take down the beast before him and happily accepted the disadvantage in this battle. This would only push him further into adapting even under the worst conditions against the most powerful of enemies. The experience the black knight will gain from this victory would only cause him to grow stronger, and one step closer to slaying the bastard that took away everything he ever had.

The moment his opponent swung her dual blades towards his chest to deal a devastating blow, the Emperor's shadow began to vibrate. The dark warrior takes a step back, his feet immediately sinking into his shadow as if it was liquid, and then his body rapidly dropped into it. The two superheated blades narrowly missed the Emperor's head as it slightly scathed against the top of his helmet.

Right before his shadow would completely engulf his body, the Emperor raised his scythe with both hands and then swung in a wide arc towards his opponent's abdomen, planning to cleave the monstrosity in half. Whether or not the attack landed, the creature would hear the Cold Emperor cackle as he finally disappeared into his own shadow before it darted away and sped towards the edge of the nearby lake. He had a plan to turn this battle into his favor...

Thelonewanderer
02-20-2014, 04:10 AM
(T'kam Ar'lok)

Seeing the scythe coming at her, T'kam was able to use her left blade to block it, before the thing dissipated into it's own shadow. Not sure what was going on, T'kam sheathed her swords and activated her camo unit before moving off towards the edge of the field, as that's where the shadow retreated.

Maybe I can hit it with a plasma ball next time it pops up? It didn't seem to like the heat of my swords all that much. the Sangheili thought to herself as she moved quietly, her arms up and ready to pop her daggers if needed.

RedKayne
02-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Prologue to Ruin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB4WE6tJbPQ)

As the Emperor's shadow approached the edge of the lake, he suddenly leaps out from the ground and high up into the air. His body was falling towards the center of the small lake, but his free hand was glowing with light-blue energy once again. He leans his body forward just enough so that his glowing hand would be the first to contact with the waters. Just as he was about to splash into the lake and fall into its deep depths, his outstretched fingers lightly grazed against the waters, and then ice immediately formed on top of the surface. The Cold Emperor lands upon the newly created platform safely and continues sending ice energy into the lake below him.

The dense ice rapidly encroached the area around him, until it created a 30x30 floating platform at the center of the lake. The Cold Emperor was kneeling upon one knee at this point, his left hand sending the last of its focused ice magic into the surface of the water. He chuckles quietly before standing up and to face his opponent. However, he was taken aback that she was not in sight. There was still a disturbance within his magical aura, and so she was nearby. Apparently, not only can this creature summon concentrated flames, but also become invisible. Coward... he sighs lightly and shakes his head.

He held out his arms, "Well, what are we waiting for?" the Emperor calls out to his opponent in a beckoning tone. "Let's finish this battle right here, right now, shall we?" He grins wickedly, "Or perhaps you are afraid of this ice?" the black knight begins to taunt the reptilian creature, attempting to bring her out of hiding while also stomping on the ice platform to prove it was stable enough. "Perhaps you are afraid of falling into the water? Or perhaps your lack of combat skills have no hope against an avenger such as myself. You ou are afraid to join me in a close-combat battle at this small arena, aren't you?" he begins to cackle loudly at the creature's fears.

The Mage-Knight was actually planning to even up the odds for this battle. If his opponent could manipulate intense heat, then the Emperor could rid himself of his disadvantage if the creature chose to join him upon the small ice platform. Then, the scaly beast would be fighting upon the Emperor's terms.

The Cold Emperor widens his stance before lifting his scythe between his hands, his eyes of blue-fire carefully watching his opponent's next move. "C'mon you pathetic excuse of a lizard, come over here and fight me already!"

Thelonewanderer
02-20-2014, 07:33 PM
(T'kam Ar'lok)

"Arlight, lets see what you can do Frosty." T'kam shouted as she jumped on to the ice platform,dropping her cloaking. Normally she wouldn't make such a bad tactical decision, but between the taunting and her small ranged abilities, T'kam really didn't have a choice.

Standing on the ice didn't hinder her movement, as her natural weight along with the armor made her heavy enough to keep a grip. Drawing one sword, T'kam shot a quick charged plasma ball at the Emperor of ice, and then charged him, swinging with her right blade, hoping to cut him in half.

RedKayne
02-21-2014, 02:27 AM
Take-down! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etp5N62raho)

The lord of ice's malevolent grin broadened as the reptilian creature revealed itself and launched upon his platform. A dark-light surrounded his scythe, before it disappeared only to be replaced by his legendary Death Claymore. The black steel of the blade glistened under the rays of the sun as he raised it high up into the air and above his head. The foolish lizard took the bait, and now the creature will pay the price for daring to hope that it could stand a chance against the Cold Emperor and challenge him in his own domain. Time for you to bleed, monster.

There was a bright flash of light as the alien-reptile shot forth a burst of heat energy from its hand and towards the black knight. The plasma sphere was rapidly gaining on him, planning to tear through his obsidian armor and landing a direct injury to cripple his body. However, the Cold Emperor's smile never wavered as he sent blue magical energy through his arms and towards the claymore. This next moment probably wouldn't have been capable by ordinary warriors, but the Emperor was anything but...

Farewell, you disgusting piece of existence, He swung down the gigantic blade with surprising speed, the indestructible metal of the sword crushing the ball of plasma beneath, extinguishing its light it upon collision. Before the scaly beast had the chance to swing her blade, the Emperor's claymore crashed heavily upon the ground in front of him. The powerful impact violently shook the ice platform, and even cracked the center of it. Immediately, the blue energy stored from earlier inside of the blade began release its essence upon contact with the terrain.

I will get my revenge, nobody will ever stop me, The combination of the impact and the blue energy activated one of the Emperor's destructive ability, causing the ground in front of him to erupt with six-feet of ice spikes. The deadly spikes shot up in a five-feet radius in front of the Emperor and directly below his opponent. The Emperor believed, without a doubt, he finished the battle and achieved his first victory.

Myra... I will avenge you...

Thelonewanderer
02-21-2014, 04:03 AM
(T'kam Ar'lok)

T'kam had learned many things during her time in the Battle Arena. The one lesson that stuck out the most however, was she learned the hard way. Adapt or Die. Life was preferred, and T'kam, seeing her plasma ball stopped entierly by the metal and the blade not melting, was able to cancel her swing at the last second, jumping back with a bit of a spin.

The spin played to her disadvantage however, as the ice spikes that came up sliced her left hand open, making it no good to wield her left blade. Still, the rest of the attack had failed, and T'kam used it to her advantage as much as she could. Cloaking, the Elite Sword-woman circled the Ice Emperor, getting to his left side, before lunging, her right blade aimed at his side, while her left dagger was aimed at his helmet.

RedKayne
02-22-2014, 04:31 AM
The Cold Emperor's widened in shock as the creature used incredibly speed to move about and dodge his ice spikes before disappearing once more. The obsidian knight stands up, his eyes of blue-fire watching for any signs of movement. His magical aura screamed as the reptile made her move, but it was too late for the ice-warrior. The Emperor immediately felt the searing pain thrust into his left side, and if he didn't keeled over from the sudden attack, his opponent's left knife would have finished the job.

He gasps from the intense pain of the plasma blade that sliced into his flesh. He instinctively jumps away from wherever his invisible opponent attacked from, but unfortunately leaped too high as he went over the ice platform and splashed into the surrounding waters. His body quickly fell into the depths of the lake, he was facing upwards towards the surface as his vision began to blur. The light of the surface began to disappear, and the waves of pain coursed through his body and began to numb it.

This Sorrowful Life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0D17MuWlog)

Damn it... what in the world just happened...

The blue-fire of his eyes were extinguished, and revealed his human pale-gray ones beneath his helmet.

No, I can't let this happen... I have to... I have to stop him... he needs to pay...

The Cold Emperor's vision became black, and then he felt his eyes close for what he thought would be the final time.

Myra... I'm sorry...

She was crying over his mangled body, her tears running down her beautiful face before landing on to his bloodied chest. "Please... please do not leave me!" the woman cried out and sobbed over her dying lover. "I love you! Please, stay with me!"

A dark figure stepped behind the woman, forming a wicked grin. "It is useless, Myra. He is dying... and its time for you to join with him."

The Emperor's past self could feel his wrecked hand rising up and outstretch itself to the dark figure. "Don't... don't you... dare touch her," he weakly croaks his warning, but his eyes were full of determination.

It was too late however, as his reality shattered into pieces and his world turned red...

The Cold Emperor's eyes snap open, a raging blue-fire began to form around his eyes once more. No, I won't allow this! The Emperor roared in his mind as reaches towards the distant surface with his left hand. Forbidden dark magic began to form around his left hand, beginning to create his forbidden weapon.

I won't allow this, I will not be defeated by this coward!

The Cold Emperor's body disappeared into the deepest, dark depths of the lake... but his undying rage could be felt by all.

I will have my revenge. I will not fade away.

Thelonewanderer
02-23-2014, 03:31 AM
(T'kam Ar'lok)

"This isn't the end of the fight, is it?" T'kam asked herself, as she could feel the rage from the bottom of the lake. dropping her cloak, she stood in the middle of the ice platform, sword ready to slice and dice, while her left arm was up, ready to pop her dagger and finish the job it was meant to do.

T'kam wasn't sure where her opponent was going to attack from, so she needed to be ready for an attack from an angle. This reminder her of one of the last raids she did with the Covenant, before she ended up her. The Humans had left three of thier Demons there to take out the Covenant forces. One fell in a hail of needler and plasma fire. The second fell by one of her fellow elites. The third and final Demon, T'kam killed herself, as the rest of her raiding team was killed. This was a similar situation, as the last Demon had tried to surprise T'kam, but failed. She couldn't say it would be the same here.

Kris
03-05-2014, 12:51 AM
RedKayne

Writing Style: 7
-Ideas 2
-Flow 3
-Conventions 2
Effectiveness of Combat: 8
-Character Consistency 3
-Ingenuity 2
-Interaction 3
Control of the Field: 5
-Environmental Awareness 2
-Strategic Awareness 1
-Control of the Fight 2

Thelonewanderer

Writing Style: 5
-Ideas 1
-Flow 2
-Conventions 2
Effectiveness of Combat: 5
-Character Consistency 2
-Ingenuity 2
-Interaction 1
ontrol of the Field: 4
-Environmental Awareness 1
-Strategic Awareness 1
-Control of the Fight 2

I enjoyed the posts very much, thank you both for playing along, but there can only be one winner.

RedKayne moves to the next round!