PDA

View Full Version : Round 1- Jacogos Vs. max shadow. Judge: Kris

Kris
02-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Fancy that? you are inside a floating rock!!!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/180/0/f/floating_rock__s_waterfalls_by_la_belette-d55agj4.jpg

Shouldn't be this hard to keep your balance right? I mean, it sure is a VERY small landscape, but I trust you know what you are doing.

I mean, if you can keep yourself going in the air, nothing bad will happen... And should you slide down the streams... nothing too bad will happen... as long as you remains under the floating rock's shadow. (You'd be paralyzed for one turn tough...)

Just stay out of the grass. I mean there is a reason there is a floating rock to begin with....

Fight well, you have 5 posts per person and 72 hours to respond between each post.

The first to go is Jacogos

Jacogos
02-20-2014, 12:41 AM
And so we begin... (http://youtu.be/LZus2UozynY)

The sound of someone shuffling nearby broke the silence that had permeated the area for the past few hours. "So do you think you're ready, girl?"

"I doubt I was any less prepared when we started this fool training session."

"So you say... But I think you've at least learned something during this time."

"So will you finally tell me where the hell we are? I'm tired of sitting here blind."

"Patience.... I had to agree to not allow you to see your arena before your opponent gets here for them to even agree to allow me to bring you here myself. He'll be here soon. Or so I was told... Any last minute questions?"

"Will you shut up so I can meditate in peace?"

"Snappy before a fight, aren't we? Alright, I'll leave you to it...." The sense of solitude washed over the warrior, leaving her able to finally focus on her meditation.

After what felt like hours, Uai felt someone else's presence enter the area nearby. The yynglyng monk exhaled slowly as she opened her cat-like eyes, finally getting a first view of the arena she had been placed in. She had figured she was seated on rock or stone, but that had been all she could deduce from her surroundings whilst her eyes were closed. Now, she could see that she was seated upon a large rock, or perhaps a small boulder. Hard to tell. It wasn't a large arena whatsoever, which made Uai concerned if her opponent was a melee-oriented bruiser.

At that point, Uai's eyes fell upon the warrior in question, whom caught Uai by surprise by looks alone. At a first glance, Uai was matched up against a child.

"What is this nonsense? I am to fight this boy in a tournament of death matches? Pah! Surely you gods of Arepeeay have better things to do than watch a slaughter!" Standing slowly, the unclothed woman smirked as she took a better look at the boy before her. Red haired and eyed, he appeared to be little more that what she saw: a worthless, puny human child. Withholding a scoff of disgust, Uai gave him one more look-over before she shook her head.

Don't underestimate any opponent, the Shade said... Well fine, I won't underestimate him. I'll simply end this quickly. Extending her nails, Uai pulled in the middle finger of her right hand and pricked the center of her palm. Blood immediately began to well from the small wound, pooling as she held her hand palm-upwards. Smirking still, Uai immediately took hold of the liquid with her Blood Control. Then, she shoved her hand towards the child, her control of the blood launching it towards him in a trio of crimson needles. The needles were capable of piercing skin, but after impact they would return to their liquid state.

Following this, Uai immediately rushed forward and followed her attack. Press the attack, don't leave room for retaliation. This was what her training demanded of her. However, instead of a straight-forward attack as her approach suggested, Uai instead nearly halted about five feet in front of the boy, leaping skyward with a shove from her toned legs. She cleared the child easily, ending up behind him and facing him in a single fluid turn whilst airborne. However, she didn't press the attack yet; her training also demanded that she allowed her opponent the chance to put up a fight. If she killed him outright, her win would be meaningless.

So she waited, seeing how he would react to a yynglyng in full fight-mode. Few races were allowed to witness her species in combat. He was lucky, this child... well, maybe not, at that.

max shadow
02-20-2014, 03:59 AM
Riku was beside himself with joy looking around the arena, his smile slowly getting smaller as he saw how empty the setting was. When he saw his opponent he was even less happy. "he wont like fighting you..." he saw the three needles with just enough time to dodge two, the third one barely missing his cheek. His heightened reflexes and speed allowing him to jump back and end up still in front of the woman. "...but they promised us candy if we kill you." He smiled happily again, leaping forward with surprising speed, aiming to punch her in the face.

Jacogos
02-23-2014, 03:08 AM
More than meets the eye, here... (http://youtu.be/GtcrWqBrZoM)

Uai's lips tightened in irritation as the child easily dodged her attack. Not only that, but he moved fast enough that her jump was pointless. Turning to face the child, she was further surprised to see him launching his own counterattack.

He was fast, she's allow him that, but she wasn't a pushover opponent who could be surprised by a bit more speed than expected. Smirking, the yynglyng warrior bent over backwards as the punch came at her, hands going back as well to keep her steady as she followed through. Firmly planting her palms, Uai kicked up with her legs, bringing her right leg up first quickly in retaliation for the boy's attack. Her left leg came up next, but it was simply following through, not aimed at him in an attack as the previous leg was.

With little effort, Uai carried through the motion and ended up back on her feet a little less than her height away from her starting position. The smile remained on her face as she surveyed her opponent once more.

"Candy, was it? I'm sure I'm worth a little more than that, don't you think, whelp?" Uai cooed, the smile taking on a sadistic twist. He's using plural pronouns... Any particular reason for that...? she asked herself, eyes narrowing dangerously. She'd have to wait and see.

max shadow
02-23-2014, 06:02 AM
Riku giggled happily bringing his legs up under himself and practically landing on the woman's leg as she flipped, rolling when he hit the ground, still giggling like a child who'd just rolled down a hill and was quickly back up on his feet and smiling.

"They said that they'd give us lots of candy. We need it to keep us active, he gets angry when we get hungry, it hurts us." His mood seemed to darken as he spoke, but the big childish smile returned when he finished, charging in again with open hands, locking his fingers together on his left hand and driving his fingertips at the woman's stomach like a knife. His other hand aiming for the woman's hip, quickly forming a fist to expose his knuckles for a more forceful strike where his left was more to hit deep.

Jacogos
02-26-2014, 03:11 AM
Getting interesting... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX51T-EipOo)

Uai turned quickly to watch the child-thing, who had deftly avoided her attack and used it to, quite inanely, position himself behind her. The fact that such an obviously touched-in-the-head creature had touched her sent a cold chill down her spine that she ignored.

He speaks as if this other person affects him if not sated... Perhaps a possession? It would make sense... Uai thought as if not being beset upon by her opponent. Almost lazily, Uai shifted on her feet and readied herself for the child, making sure to take in for his height difference.

As she saw the dual-pronged attack, she decided to allow a hit in order to help ensure one herself. Raising both hands to her center, she flexed her fingers and elongated her nails, preparing herself to do some serious damage to this boy. Once he was close, she drove both hands downward at angles; her right hand was directed at his jabbing left hand in an attempt to intercept. In addition to knocking it aside, she was aiming to draw blood from it with her claws. Her left hand was aimed at his boyish face, seeking to rake it open with her digits fully spread. This way, if he did not change his approach, she would still take a solid punch to the hip. She had taken worse, however, though the sheer force behind it would surprise her to no end.

max shadow
02-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Riku didn't have time to counter fully, manage to avoid one hand and he thought he felt his punch land but the hand aimed for his face managed to connect, an ear splitting scream emitting from riku as he fell back and crawled away clutching his face. It didn't take long for a reply to the scream to come, a demonic roar coming out of him as black chains forced their way through the skin of his arms, covering his arms as more starting to force their way up through his skin all over his body, the mark on his shoulder glowing red as the boy convulsed as if having a seizure. digging his hurt face against the ground and swallowing mouth fulls of dirt to feed the transformation .

Once the boy was covered in writhing chains the form began to grow to the size of normal human, the chains slowly retreating to reveal chainmeil standing facing the woman. his face an body calm, but his eyes showing his anger at riku being hurt.

Jacogos
02-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Music Coming Soon...

No sooner than she drew blood than did Uai begin to control it, drawing the crimson liquid off of Riku's ruined face even as it seeped from the wound. She managed to get a fist-sized orb before the boy began to... change.

Uai's eyebrow quirked up in interest as Riku's body began to produce chains. His body changed, becoming taller and more adult in build. When the chains retreated, even his face was revealed to be different. Uai smirked in amusement.

"So I was right... A possessed child. The Shade calls demons like you 'parasites'. You cannot truly live without a host... Hehe, this battle is interesting now..." Uai said with a throaty chuckle. Extending her left arm out, Uai slowly stuck her fingers into the orb of blood. With a second of focus, the blood began to move and form itself onto her arm. It made a glove for a moment, then shifted to the 'top' of her arm, forming a spear-like shape that extended a foot or two out from her hand. After the shape was done, the blood visibly hardened and congealed, forming a solid object of dark crimson. The rod ended in a point that looked quite deadly.

Pulling her arm back, Uai shouted a wordless cry as she rushed chainmeil. Instead of using the spear, however, Uai attempted to slash chainmeil's face again with her right-hand claws. However, she expected him to dodge this, as obvious an attack as it was. No sooner than she finished the maneuver, Uai relocated her opponent and pointed the spear at him. Using her blood control, Uai launched the spear from her arm, the inch-thick rod shooting at chainmeil at an impressive speed. It was hardened enough to punch through steel, if it hit directly.

max shadow
02-28-2014, 10:10 AM
Chainmeil focused his eyes on the ball of blood, his eye twitching slightly as he recognized the scent in the air, almost seeming to be ignoring the woman. He spoke slowly, his voice soft and almost musical if not for the undertone of growing rage. "Parasite?....." His eyes slowly rose to meet the woman's "A parasite only feeds off it's host. I am no mere demon peon who suckles at the scraps of energy you humans have.....I'm upper management."

(if you don't get the joke then you're no fun ;P )

He saw the woman's attack and held his ground, at the last second a shiver of energy went down his right arm and into the small fan pendant. The small fan was suddenly gone and in it's place, hovering an inch from the skin of his forearm was a four foot long folded up metal fan, it's mass rectangular with a large curving blade on either side. The fan almost instantly unfolded into a crescent moon shape, easily blocking the attacking hand while allowing Chainmeil to keep his eyes locked with the woman's. He kept the shield up to block the spear as well, making it partly close to catch the spear as it passed through it.

"And to one of my status, there is little more you could do to tempt my urges..." The rest of the shield forced it's way shut, shattering what it had caught of the spear. Chainmeil quickly caught a decent sized chunk as it fell and held it up. "To rip you limb from limb and devour whatever pours out." With a quick flick of his wrist the chunk was gone, quickly swallowed and broken down into energy.

The shield remained folded as he lunged forward into a sudden sprint, his arms trailing behind him as if weighed down, this time a shiver of energy ran down his left arm and a seven foot long spear formed, seeming to grow out of the top of his forearm as he ran. Leaping when he got close he threw the spear as he left the ground, the momentum of the movement started him tumbling in the air, coming at the woman like this to use the shield as a weapon, suddenly opening it when he got close.

Jacogos
03-03-2014, 04:01 AM
We'll fall together! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r1He8lgUa8)

Uai's nails etched fine lines in the fan, but that was about it. She gritted her teeth in irritation, watching as he easily defended her blood-spear as well. The part of the spear he did not immediately devour fell away to its natural form, viscous liquid that splattered on the ground at their feet.

Uai immediately began to distance herself once her onslaught was so easily defended, but the demon proved to be faster. Before she could move far enough away, Chainmeil threw a spear of his own at her. Unable to move fast enough to dodge, Uai felt herself clamp her teeth down on her tongue and inner cheek in order to prevent herself from crying out in pain. The spear cut clean through her left leg, just barely missing her bone. It cut a decent-sized chunk of flesh off of her upper thigh, which bled profusely and forced her down to a knee as the muscles that allowed her to stand on that leg gave out completely.

Not about to give up, Uai focused her pain-strained eyes on her opponent, who was diving out of the sky with his fan held at the ready. There was little Uai could do to avoid it at this point, so she didn't even try. Focusing on her own blood that was pooling rapidly at her feet, she brought it up along her body and melded it around her forearms, making a thick casing of congealed blood around both. Holding this makeshift defense aloft, she took the brunt of Chainmeil's fan attack and stopped it cold, an audible grunt escaping her lips against her will.

"You'll have to do better than that, parasite..." Uai spat, still holding her arms up against the weight of the weapon. Her focus now went to the blood that still lay upon the ground behind the demon, where it had fallen after the spear attack.

Her energy was draining fast from so much use, so it had to be quick and simple. The little puddle of blood twitched as she controlled it, lifting into the air and swirling towards Chainmeil. After a moment, the mass solidified into a single deadly needle, which was aimed directly at the back of his head. A last ditch effort to secure victory.

max shadow
03-05-2014, 01:29 AM
Chainmeil looked down on the woman as the fan vanished, not wasting any time he held out his left arm and waited half a second as a sword formed in his hand. He was about to strike as a sharp pain struck him in the back of the neck, reaching back he pulled the long needle from the back of his neck and growled quietly, snapping it in his hand before grabbing the woman and lifting her up by the throat.

"i hope we meet in hell one day so i can make you suffer for your insolence woman. But for now a lesson in pain will have to do." Letting her go and grabbing her by the arm he roughly dragged her to the edge of the floating rock. "goodbye woman, if you survive i recommend that you ensure we never meet again." With that said he drove his sword through the arm he was holding, essentially cutting her loose and letting her fall to the ground far below.

Kris
03-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Jacogos

Writing Style: 8
-Ideas 2
-Flow 3
-Conventions 3
Effectiveness of Combat: 7
-Character Consistency 3
-Ingenuity 2
-Interaction 2
Control of the Field: 5
-Environmental Awareness 2
-Strategic Awareness 1
-Control of the Fight 2

max shadow

Writing Style: 6
-Ideas 2
-Flow 2
-Conventions 2
Effectiveness of Combat: 7
-Character Consistency 3
-Ingenuity 2
-Interaction 2
Control of the Field: 4
-Environmental Awareness 1
-Strategic Awareness 1
-Control of the Fight 2

A very tight battle which I have enjoyed much.

Yet there can be only one winner.

Jacogos continues to the next round.