PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 - Water Nymph vs Cfavano. Judge: Nazgul

John
02-18-2014, 01:39 AM
Dearest Nazgul;

I am so tired of you and your antics on the forum. There is work to be done and you do nothing except shirk your responsibilities time and time again. This time I am at my wit's end and I am telling you in no uncertain terms to stop being a donkey and get the arena constructed or I will feed you to King Kong.

Love and Kisses

Kris

-xXx-

That was the letter which Naz now held in his hand. A lovely sentiment full of kindness form his dear friend Kris. At least that's what he assumed it was. You see Naz was a little distracted having just dropped his clean thongs into a mud puddle while coming back from the laundromat. As such, his full attention was not on the letter. In fact as he skimmed it's contents, his eyes welling up with the thought of those now mud stained thongs, he only managed to make out two words on the page.

"donkey Kong"

"Alright then." Naz shouted to no one in particular as the empty space he was in now technically didn't exist. He thought about this for a moment and started to ponder his own existence. How was it, the something could exist between two realms and then on top of that exist in a place that technically didn't exist itself. It was something to be pondered at length. And that's what Naz would do, though he felt like he was forgetting something.

"Oh right. The arena." Naz spoke allowed again. This time more to himself than to the nonexistent people that were not in the place he currently inhabited which didn't exist.

Nazgul motioned with his hand and what was once devoid of light now was lit up a white light that seemed to emanate from all around. Another wave of the hand and a large structure appeared. The structure was made up of long metal girders that were slightly slanted allowing objects to roll from the top and down the multiple levels. The bottom level was about fifty feet long and the invisible walls which would keep the combatants trapped in there gave it a width of about ten feet.

On the top level of the structure, which looked kind of rickety, a stack of barrels appeared along with a gorilla that looked like it came out of an 8 bit video game. The gorilla proceeded to take one of the barrel;s and then rolled it down the girder. Naz watched as the wooden barrel rolled down and across the bottom before smashing against the imaginary wall which was created by default to keep the combatants from leaving.

"That won't do at all, Naz sighed, and the gorilla frowned. "Won't do at all. It's just not evil enough."

And with that, the scene began to alter and twist. Long metal spikes grew out of the girder which lay above the bottom level. Each of the spikes were about five feet apart and dripping with a green substance which caused the floor to smoke when the substance dripped upon it.

Next the gorilla at the top began to morph and howl as it's formed changed to much bigger and much meaner looking gorilla that seemed to have been mutated. It roared with an intensity that caused the whole structure to shake.

Next were the barrels. Sparks began to fly from them as the wood changed to metal and each of the barrels seemed to be electrified. Next he waved his hand and flames emanated from the barrels. Naz's lips curled into a particularly evil smile as he viewed his handiwork. It was good. It was evil. But there was still one thing missing. The combatants.

Naz waved his hand to open the portals and watched with disappointment as only one opened on the bottom level of the structure. Waving his hand again, and with a little more intensity, he sighed loudly as the second still did not open.

"What the hell?" Closing his eyes, Naz peered thorough the dimensions and saw the one who he had chosen to fight and immediately understood what the problem was. Smiling even more evilly than he did before; if that was even possible, Naz snapped hi fingers and the second portal on he bottom level of the structure appeared as well as a third one beside him. And then, using all of his will, he pulled the two combatants through their respective portals on the bottom level of the structure. Through the portal next to him, a jetbike emerged.

"Sorry bout your bike," Naz's voice hissed loudly at the combatants. "But you won't be needing it here. Anyway, welcome to the arena! The two of you will fight for my amusement, and for your own survival. At the end of the fight, one of you will be allowed to go back through the portal. The other will be fed to my monkey." At hearing these words, the monkey on the top level howled and started to throw barrels down the structure.

(Welcome to my game of evil Donkey Kong. In each round, barrels will reach the bottom platform where your characters are confined. The number of barrels each round will be the same as the round number. One in the first, two in the second, etc. There is enough clearance between the floor and the ceiling to jump the barrels, but watch out for the spikes. Should anyone come in contact with the stuff dripping from the spikes, it won't kill you but it will hurt like hell. It should be noted that the girders are indestructible. The battle will last for five rounds and by the toss of a coin, Water Nymph has first post. Each of you has 72 hours from the time of the last post to get yours in. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Good luck to both of you

Note: I did not mention the surroundings of the area as there are none per say. Everything outside the structure is just an infinite space of white. )

Vampirequeen
02-19-2014, 06:09 PM
"Really?" Zelda asked out loud when she appeared in the arena. This was the arena that she was supposed to be fighting it. Why couldn't the arena be somewhere a little more "normal"? A rumbling noise above her head brought the young witch out of her confused thoughts.

She might have wanted to burn the judge to a crisp for not giving her anything that she could work with, but she'd have to settle for her opponent. Zelda stared at her opponent with a scowl as she tried to look for any kind of weakness. She shook her head. Nothing visible from this distance. She would figure things out as she battle progressed.

Fire, she thought to herself. Almost immediately, her right hand was engulfed in a small flame. She cautiously approached her opponent.

"Good day. My name is Zelda," she said to the woman. It was crazy, but Zelda liked knowing the names of her opponents. Someone once told her that in rare cases, a person's name could reveal things about their personalities or abilities. It was a long shot, but it couldn't hurt.

Cfavano
02-20-2014, 12:00 AM
It begins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeWyN2nRr-I)
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Meliana takes a quick gander at the arena she's been thrust into. "Not a typical one, but it can serve my purposes. Less space for my prey to run. Her gaze quickly turns to her opponent. "So, I'm to fight a mon-keigh waif, how disappointing." She seems relaxed, almost lethargic even, for one who is supposed to be fighting to the death. "They couldn't get me anyone more suited to my skill and worth? Oh well, perhaps this will be a good warm-up." She stretches, and she shows off her half-naked and lithe form to her opponent, showing her her flexibility and sensual form. "You jealous, little mon-keigh girl?" She blows Zelda a kiss, winking at her.

But when Zelda asked her for her name, Meliana just laughed. "Me, tell an insignificant and filthy mon-keigh my name? Ha! Not in a million of your lifetimes. Although, it pleases me to know yours." Meliana draws her pistol and sword in a blur of movement. Where her hands were empty, an eye-blink later, she was armed. "Well then, let's not keep our crowd waiting, Mon-keigh." Suddenly she springs forward, dashing with speed greater than any Olympic sprinter could ever hope to achieve. All while in heels. "Here I come, little mon-keigh." To start off, she aims her splinter pistol at Zelda, and fires off a few pot-shots, the razor sharp crystalline fragments hurtling toward Zelda's chest with Meliana not far behind.

Vampirequeen
02-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Zelda rolled her eyes as her opponent spoke.The flames still swirled around her right hand and began to cast a nagging heat on the side of her leg. For a quick instant, she had tuned out her opponent's voice.

She was brought out of her distraction by a sharp pain in her left arm. The pain was immediately replaced by swelling and numbness. She quickly realized that she had been hit by something from the woman's gun. A barrel rattled above her head, followed by the distant sound of one from way above her head. She turned away from her opponent, who had lunged at her, and watched as the first barrel fell onto the level that the two of them were on. She had an idea.

When the barrel got closer, Zelda kept into the air in an attempt to clear it. As she flew over the barrel, she shot a quick jet of flame over her left shoulder before she closed her fist and put the flame out. Unfortunately, the tip of her right boot scraped against the barrel, sending a quick jolt of electricity through her body. She hit the ground hard and stayed down for a few seconds before she managed to stand up again. She turned in the direction of her opponent as she waited for some indication of whether or not the fire had made contact.

Cfavano
02-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Meliana grins and continues running at Zelda. She gracefully pirouettes around the jet of fire and easily leaps over the barrel as if it were a hurdle. "Here I come, mon-keigh, ready or not." She lands once more on her feet, not losing a step in her charge. Licking her lips, she winks once more at Zelda. "If you give up, I promise I won't be TOO rough on you, and you might even enjoy it, too." But by the time she finished her sentence, she had neared melee range. It was clear that Meliana wanted to engage in melee as soon as possible. It would be what would end this fight the quickest. And would also be more fun.

Vampirequeen
02-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Zelda smirked as she heard the sound of more barrels overhead.

"Me, give up? Never," she replied as a horrible smell filled her nostrils. She glanced down at her arm and saw that the wounds from her opponent's gun were starting to ooze some kind of pus.

She was about to try to clean it off with some water when she realized that her opponent was quite close to her. Zelda drew her sword.

"Ice," she muttered to herself. Almost immediately, her sword was coated in a cold layer of ice.

"I'm ready," she said as she stared at Meliana and held her sword in front of her and waited.

Cfavano
02-25-2014, 07:32 PM
She's a psyker, Meliana thought. Gotta play this careful. But then she heard the barrels. She smiled, and made it look like she was going to attack Zelda, but instead rushed past her as the barrels approached. She easily springs over them, before turning back to fire on Zelda with her pistol. She wouldn't fire right away, but she would shoot at her while she's in the air, and unable to effectively dodge. She would then grin and wait to see what happened. She would also keep her guard up in case her attack didn't finish Zelda off. "Having trouble with your arm, little mon-keigh?" She would say, in a playful tone.

Vampirequeen
02-28-2014, 04:29 PM
Zelda was surprised when Meliana ran past her and leapt over the barrels.

Oh, damn! The barrels! she thought as she ran away from the barrels. As she ran, the young witch began to feel numbness in her left hand.

Damn, it's spreading," she muttered angrily as she put her ice-covered sword away and turned to face the approaching barrel. She suddenly had an idea.

"Let's try this again, shall we?" she muttered as she ran towards the barrel and jumped. She had just made it into the air when her opponent fired her pistol. One of the bullets struck Zelda in the foot, instantly numbing it. She gritted her teeth as her straightened her legs so she was parallel to the ground.

Air, she thought as she raised her right arm in front of her as another bullet flew towards her. Sh was taking a big risk by using her good arm to defend herself, but what choice did she have?

A breeze wrapped itself around her hand. In one quick movement, she swung her arm, sending a gust of wind towards the approaching bullets, which were blown to the side. She closed her fist as she came down hard on the floor. She laid on the ground for a few minutes before the stood up again. Unfortunately, she stood up just as some of the green stuff that was dripping from the spikes landed on her right shoulder, barely missing the shoulder part of her breastplate.

"Damn it!" she shouted as her right shoulder began to hurt. She needed to defeat her opponent before the poison and green stuff took a major toll on her bruised and somewhat damaged body.

Cfavano
03-02-2014, 05:30 AM
Meliana grins. "Feeling it now, child?" She points her gun at Zelda. "It's a very special blen of poisons I've come up with, oh yes it is. Already your body is being wracked with exquisite pain, is it not? I can taste it from here." She licks her lips sensually. "Soon, your limbs will be paralyzed, and your lungs will cease to draw breath. Eventually, your heart will stop. But that's no fun, is it?" She says with a giggle, holstering her sword and replacing it with a knife. "Scream...SCREAM FOR ME!" She would attempt to tackle and pin Zelda to the ground while wildly stabbing at her with her mono-blade knife. "Scream! Howl! Wail! Beg for mercy! Let me hear you SCREAM!"

Vampirequeen
03-07-2014, 05:00 PM
"Never!" Zelda shouted as she caught a whiff of a familiar and unpleasant odor. Without warning, Meliana dove at her. The witch awkwardly dove out of the way.

"Missed me!" she taunted with a smirk. Suddenly, she saw a barrel rolling towards her. The young woman had another idea. As she did earlier, she half ran, half stumbled away from the barrel.

Zelda skidded to an awkward and painful stop before she turned and ran towards the barrel.

Lightning, she thought as she leapt into the air and managed to avoid the spikes. Her right hand was surrounded in electricity, which he shot at the barrel as she flew over it. She closed her fist and prepared to land on the floor.

Her landing was far less awkward as she had lowered her head towards the floor. She hit the floor hands-first and tucked her head to her chest and rolled on the ground.

Zelda struggled to her feet and turned to watch as the hopefully extra-electrified barrel rolled towards her opponent.

Cfavano
03-08-2014, 01:07 AM
Meliana growled as she realized that her lunge had missed. "When I get my hands on you, Mon-keigh..." She gets up and turn to face Zelda. She then notices the barrel barreling toward's her, and leaps over it as she did the others. But it was not enough. the extra electricity added by Zelda managed to reach her, and the shock caused her to be stunned for a half-second, and she fell embarrassingly to the ground. "Mrgrgr. I'll get you for that." She growled as she began to get up. But perhaps it was fate, for as she stood up, a dollop of that green liquid fell onto the left side of her face.

The pain was intense, she howled and screamed as her hand went to the damaged area, and when she pulled it back, blood, hair and skin followed her, and she could not see out of that eye. She was injured, she was scarred. "My face...look what you've done to my face..." Anger built up inside her, fierce and boiling. "I'll kill you...I'LL MAKE YOU SUFFER!"

Leaping at Zelda, Meliana brought her full strength down on an overhead downward chop. "YOU'RE DEAD! I'LL RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS OUT! I'LL BATHE IN YOUR BLOOD AND EAT YOUR HEART!" Meliana had lost it, pure and simple. Gone was her sensuality, gone was her 'class' as it were. She was primal. Rage was her entire being at this point. All other emotions were forgotten. She would not stop until Zelda lay at her feet, dead and in pieces. Logic and reason were beyond her, as well as tactics.

John
03-11-2014, 03:36 AM
Nice job to both of you. I found it to be an enjoyable read. However, there can be only one. And that being said...

Cfavano

Writing Style: 8
-Ideas 3
-Flow 3
-Conventions 2
Effectiveness of Combat: 9
-Character Consistency 3
-Ingenuity 3
-Interaction 3
Control of the Field: 7
-Environmental Awareness 1
-Strategic Awareness 3
-Control of the Fight 3

Water Nymph

Writing Style: 9
-Ideas 3
-Flow 3
-Conventions 3
Effectiveness of Combat: 8
-Character Consistency 3
-Ingenuity 2
-Interaction 3
Control of the Field: 8
-Environmental Awareness 2
-Strategic Awareness 3
-Control of the Fight 3

Congratulations Water Nymph and good luck in the next round.