PDA

View Full Version : Exposition: Part I

Tyanet
08-03-2010, 02:16 PM
It's a cold damp morning in New York, fog prevents anyone from seeing more than a mile and everything is lined with a fine frost. A small crowd gathers infront of the VCSS Fisher in the early morning light, and most of you decide to arrive early. After a quick roll call and everyone is deemed 'Present' a confident looking man walks infront of the formation that you're in and a woman walks up right next to him. If you look at either of their ranks you'll see that they're both majors. He calls out to you
"Good morning everybody."
Everyone in formation responds
"Good morning Major!"
He seems disappointed by the lack of balls in all of your voices, but decides to continue anyways.
"Since we're following a tight schedule, I'm gonna keep this short. Since your luggage is still being loaded"
He points to a group of men with jumpsuits and N.Y.S.P. on the back of orange reflective vests.
"We're gonna kindly wait out here until they're done. While that's going on, you can have a nice meet and greet. Don't fuck around when we board, you need to get strapped into the seats along the walls of the cargo bay ASAP, because once everyone's on, we're leaving. When we get up into space and jump into slip space, feel free to unbuckle and move around, I'll call everyone up to the bridge and brief you. Is that clear!?!"
You respond with a collective "Yessir!" and he dismissed you and walks back up into the ship and beacons Rachel to follow.

Sool777
08-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Michael Simpson was wearing his his standard US Army uniform and cleanly shaven, as usual. Looking back at his girlfriend and parents in the crowd behind he gave them a half-hearted salute with two fingers. Then, looking back at the crowd of marines, he examined each and every one of them. Although most of the crowed was made up by the marines uniforms, he picked out a few spots of the light green army digital camouflage and also spec ops uniforms.
*So im not the only transfer, Army to marines, since when has the military given bullshit like this? Oh yea, always.* Michael thought to himself as he made his way through the crowd.

The Magnan
08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Sgt Warren Young stood amongst his fellow soldiers, he could live in the comfort of the fact that this horrid weather would not be coming with them but still it was first real duty of serving on a ship. He was so used to serving on Earth the whole idea of space travel seemed like a dream. You see it in films and how it easy it seems but from what people had told him. Space could heaven or hell. New species, new enemies, new playing field.

Warren's father had served on a similar vessel now it was his turn. He had said goodbyes earlier to family and friends. His gut feeling told him he was not going to see them for a while. So he made the most of short time before arriving here and preparing to board the Fisher.

AliceMalice15
08-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Maj. Rachel Morgan walked over to Maj. Alexander and sighed.

"Kindly wait," she said, "you know I don't do that. We should be out of here already. What did someone pack more than they should? Probably the scientist. They always pack too much stuff."

Rachel looked disdainfully at the scientist. She really didn't like scientists much. They always held things up.

Tyanet
08-03-2010, 04:20 PM
"Yeah, Yeah, whatever. We have plenty of time and the planetary scouts are always trained for the worse. You know as well as I do that they can hold out for quite a while, but that's not what I called you over for."
He talks a little quieter.
"High command picked something up around 2 am today, at first it just seemed like static, but there was this underlying"
He searches for the right word
"Mumbling, like human speech. Now, you know as well as I do that we tried to contact the ship and were able to tell that it's communication equipment could receive but it would require a week, a good mechanic, and plenty of parts to get it to send even Morse code. HiCom and I agree that there's something else here, I want you to be on your toes the entire time and look for absolutely anything out of the normal."

AliceMalice15
08-03-2010, 04:55 PM
"Strange," Rachel said quietly, "we should be careful then an keep up a com frequency to catch anything that comes in. We can't be sure if anything else is out there until we get there."

Sighing Rachel rubbed her forehead. Just what they needed. A complication. They'd have to deal with it though. That's what they were trained to do. Soon it would be time to leave and they couldn't do anything about the mysterious mumbling. They'd have to figure out what to do when they got there.

Higurashi
08-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Raslen watched the others mill about. He knew most of them regarded him with disdain. He could see one of the Planetary scouts, a woman, glaring at him. He shook his head and walked over to the cargo loading deck. It was infact being delayed by his equipment, but he could care less about the delay. If you didn't have proper equipment, you couldn't do shit in space. Even the idiots surrounding him had to realize that. He practically jumped from crate to crate as they were loaded. He was inspecting that they were properly secured.

With a crash, on of the crates fell of its loader, likely drawing the attention of everyone in the general vicinity. Raslen stormed over to the tech responsible and began to chew him out verbally. "Do you realize! DO, YOU, REALIZE, what you just dropped?! That was the surveyor mech! One of the most importnat peices of equipment! We'll actually be USING that mech! It may seem unimportant to you! But it won't to the man who's going to have to go out into the Zero-G in its place if it's broken!"

Shifty
08-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Parick was somewhat frustrated. He was chosen to go on this mission, but he knew almost nobody here. He knew faces, but as far as friends went, he was all alone. His brother Sylvester was supposed to come, but became sick just after recieving the orders and had to be left behind. He wasn't to happy about it either.

The sudden crash of a crate falling caught Parick's attention, as did the yelling that followed. While others just watched, Parick took initiative. He didn't like to see people yelled at for an accident. He walked calmly towards the loader operator and the man yelling at him, recognizing him as the scientist who was coming along.

"Hey, calm down sir." He said, walking between the two men. "It's not this man's fault that the crate fell. Accidents happen, whether you like it or not, and stuff gets broken." He kept his voice calm and reasonable. "Also, why are you yelling at this poor man when you could check whatever is in that crate to see if it's broken or not. If it is, try and fix it. if not, move on. Okay?"

Tyanet
08-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Alex, who had been talking with Rachel, had seen the crash, but did nothing until people started yelling. He briskly walked over with an infuriated look that couldn't be hidden by his sunglasses and patrol cap. He arrived and started yelling at the three people present at the crate.
"What the FUCKING hell is going on here!?!? Do you know how much FUCKING work I went through to get this goddamn equipment here, and you just go and FUCKING DROP IT!?!?!?!"

Sool777
08-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Wandering through the crowd Michael noticed commotion, then lots of yelling and cursing. *Damn, must be the major yellin the hell outta someone* Michael thought to himself as he walked toward, not away, from his very angry CO. When he got to the scene he immediately stood at parade rest and addressed the Major to see what was going on, "Sir! Second Lieutenant Michael Simpson, US Army, sir! What seems to be the problem here?"

AliceMalice15
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Rachel sighed as she watched Alex make his way to the crate and start yelling. Shaking her head she sauntered over to them as well and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Let me handle this Major," she sighed, "if you are going to work with us then you are going to have to be careful with the equipment we bring. I understand that this fell over without warning, but that just tells you, you must be extremely careful with these crates. Now check what's inside and make sure it isn't broken. If it can't be fixed then we will have to leave it and continue with the mission. We have no time to be waiting for another to arrive. Now get on with it. The scientist can check the equipment."

Rachel waved the people who were loading away and looked at the scientist motioning for him to open the box. It was his fault they were delayed. She wanted to see what they were being delayed for.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Raslen noticed that he had drawn some unwelcome attention. He wasn't pleased, to say the least, when his CO came up and started yelling at him. It wasn't his fault that the damned tech had dropped the crate. Plus, how could it be an accident? The damn thing was as big as several cars and weighed about five tons. You didn't drop something like that on accident. Plus the loaders had magnetic strips which were supposed to hold the crates in place! These clearly hadn't been activated.

Then the CO's second came up, and told him plain to his face that he was wrong and that indirectly he was the cause of this. It wasn't his damn fault that sensitive equipment took a long time to load correctly. Grumbling, he walked up to the crate and tapped in the appropriate code to the lock. A side of the crate swung up, revealing a large spider mech with its legs tucked under it. The Mech was specially outfitted to be able to manuever through space, with short range thruster, grappling hooks, and otherwise.

http://www.ambientart.de/3d/gallery/robots/MECHA-RAC%20(tanker).jpg

AliceMalice15
08-04-2010, 02:22 PM
"See there," Rachel sighed, "it's perfectly fine. Now close it up and let these men do their work please. It's bad enough we have to bring all of that equipment."

Rachel pursed her lips and gave the scientist a look that dared him to argue. It had after all been a scientific instrument that had malfunctioned and killed her parents.

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Raslen narrowed his eyes. He didn't have much tolerance for military folk. Follow orders, move quick, get that research project done in an ungodly amount of time. Thats was it always was. Never a thought for careful study. An hours delay wouldn't harm the overall mission. It could possibly ruin the heroic sendoff, but most of those people had already dispersed. Raslen turned to the crate to shut it again, and came face to visual display with the mech.

Somehow it was standing up on its own, and it didn't look happy. Raslen's superiors had told him that the mech had a limited AI, but that shouldn't enable it to turn itself on. Raslen back away from the crate, and saw that the Mech, manual control plate was broken. He assumed that somehow, in the fall, the mech's manual power switch had been flicked, and the AI activated.

THe mech walked out of the crate. looking at its surroundings, then back at Raslen. It's friend-foe identifier said he was the master. It looked around at the others. It had heard yelling, yelling directed at the master. The AI, didn't know much, but it knew that that was bad. It looked back at the crate, walked over to it, and crushed it like a tin can. It didn't like the box. It had been stuck in there for ages.

AliceMalice15
08-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Rachel frowned when the mech got up on its own. Not good. Sighing she gave the scientist a look.

"Ok shut that thing down before I shoot it," she sighed, "we can't have a broken mech on board. It could become dangerous."

Rachel looked disgustedly at the little mech. Things like that would get them all killed one day, bit they were dependent on them. Disgusting.

The Magnan
08-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Warren watches events unfold and was unimpressed. They were all arguing, and when Alex insulted the robot, he almost felt sorry for it. Warren approahced the commotion and asked, "Is there any way i can help speed things up. I think where getting cold feet sirs,"

He waited patiently for the reaction, but he was wanting to get on with the mission, the equipment was fine so all they had to do was board by the looks of it.

Science!
08-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Kipling watched the unorganized group of people argue, and some unfortunate events occurred. He couldn't help but to think to himself, how most people would see it as an unfortunate workplace, and no one would get their job done. But Kip knew that the fighting group always got shit done.

He couldn't help but to hurry over to the people he was working with, and offer his help. Before he could make it, someone else beat him to it.

Feeling a little less impressive, he still went over, "Private Kipling Dancer" He said sternly with a salute, "Here to assist."

Higurashi
08-04-2010, 11:45 PM
The mech did the best it could to glare at the woman. It was easily apparent, even if it didn't have a face. It walked over to the loading bay and walked in, finding and appropriate place to recharge. It was stiff, as it had been stuck in that position for awhile.

Raslen meanwhile simply stalked off to the boarding ramp. He was in no mood to deal with the stupid soldiers anymore.

Shifty
08-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Parick was quickly shut out of the discussion, and decided it was best to let his superiors handle everything. Even when the mech stood up and started walking around, he let it be, hoping it wouldn't fire some massive cannon and kill them all. He simply wealked back into the crowd, ackowledging a private who had just reported.

"No need, Private. Seems like they've got everything under control now. Carry on." He said, walking right by back to mingle with the crowd in the hopes of finding someone he knew.

Tyanet
08-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Alex, quite frustrated, decided that it was time to go. He called out to everyone still outside to get their asses inside the ship and get ready to take off.

Everyone got buckled in and everything was fastened down. They taxied around until a launching pad was open, then rushed over. The launching pad tilted them to about a 85 degree angle and they held for a couple minutes, until they got a sudden message from the cockpit saying 'Brace for Takeoff'. The ship instantly lurched forward, giving damn near everyone a bad case of whiplash. It was like this for about 5 minutes. 5 long minutes. They began to slow down as they were far above the exosphere. After a little bit of course correcting, an announcement saying 'Brace for Slipspace' goes over the intercoms, and gives you all a little bit of de'ja vu as you are jerked as the ship enters slipspace, and are informed that you are free to exit your seats.

The Magnan
08-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Warren was still sat in his seat, he felt sick, and dizzy. He unbuckled himself, and stood up, and tried to adjust to the surroundings. The dizziness left him and now he had a decent chance to introduce himself.

Higurashi
08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Raslen got out of his seat, unbuckling himself from the crash webbing. He had a cramp from where one of the buckles to his safety harness had flipped arounf to behind his back. He probed with his hands and found an uncomfortable impression in his back. He stretched as far as he could upwards, and that helped a little. He then hads a funny thought. There was no up and down anymore. They were in space. There was no gravity to give them direction other than the ships own atrificial gravity generators.

He chuckled and went to inspect his quarters. They were spacious, encompassing the ship's lab and his own personal rooms. He went about the room, organizing equipment. The loaders had done a good job of unpacking, but they had put some things in the wrong place. For instance, you weren't supposed to put live specimens near the noxious materials.

AliceMalice15
08-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Rachel slipped quietly out of her seat and went to a window. Outside she could see the planet they were going. It was fairly small and the upper atmosphere was covered in a cloud of some sort of chemicals. Making her way to Raslen's quarters.

"Hey," she sighed, "I think we got off on the wrong foot. I just have problems with you scientists and your experiments. My parents were killed by one. Since then I never really have been very fond of scientists."

Rachel leaned against a counter and looked out the window. She liked the moments where she could talk freely. She didn't get them often in her area of work and most people didn't like being around her. In truth she was just a normal person like the rest of them.

"Look," she said, "I understand if you don't like me or even talk to me, but just for this mission I think we should cooperate. Truce?"

Higurashi
08-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Raslen didn't turn when someone entered the lab. He did turn when she started to apologize. He turned to see his commanding officer's second, Rachel. He listened to her case, then nodded. He could understand her point. Having your parents killed by science wasn't easy. Raslen had never gone through it, but his friends back home had. He walked over to her and leaned against the counter next to her.

"I can't say I understand, but I will say I have no problem with you. Its just that certain attitudes of you, and others, can be... aggitating. Some things need proper study, not bullets or action. I believe that we can come to a compromise. You allow me to do my part, and I don't interfere with yours. When our jobs conflict, we reach a compromise such as this one." He got up, and stood in front of her, holding out his hand to shake.

AliceMalice15
08-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Rachel shook his hand and smiled. A compromise. Perfec. That made things much easier. If she had to kill something he couldn't say anything. If he needed a sample she wouldn't tell him it was too dangerous. Good if he got hurt he wouldn't be allowed to complain. It would be his fault.

"Thanks for understanding," she sighed, "or atleast as much as you can. So what can you tell me about that cloud in the upper atmosphere? Looks a bit acidic."

Higurashi
08-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Raslen nodded again. He went over to a console and brought up the scanner. "Planet: Agia sixteen. Composition: Super hard rock. Atmospheric conditions: eighty-three percent Noxious fumes, more specifically methane and acids of various kinds, ten percent oxygen, seven percent hyrdrogen." Raslen said as he scanned the atmosphere. "Formerly a habitable world, with many precious metal resources. Strip mining and over-production of rescources led to ecosystem collapse. So many fumes were put out that the atmosphere was poisoned. Due to certain factors, there is a small breathable layer at the top of the atmosphere, where numerous stations are built to harvest the toxic chemicals below. Current population: 15,703 citizens. There is also a warning about pirates that prey on docking ships." Raslen looked at the screen for a moment, then back at the small briefing report, seeing his mistake. "OH, it seems that that was the wrong planet. My records are corrupted. Willl have to fix that."

Tyanet
08-06-2010, 01:14 AM
NOTICE TO EVERYONE

I updated the rules in the OP, you NEED to read them, and if you don't, it's not my fault if you get kicked from the RP. I posted this in the OOC too, so not knowing that I added a rule IS NOT an excuse. Sorry if I am seeming snippy and dictatorial, but I want the highest quality of roleplaying.

Sool777
08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Michael unbuckled himself and stood up taking a look around and slapping himself in the cheek a couple times. Noticing what he was doing he stopped, he only did it when he was sleepy to wake him up, but right now he wasn't tired or sleep derived of any sort. *Damn, im losing it already.* he thought to himself. Taking another look around him he saw a pale Sergeant a few seats over, his nametag read "Young" and a symbol on the side of his sleeve and also on his collar showed 3 chevrons, the indication of a Sergeant. Walking towards the man he also noticed he was wearing an SAS uniform, not a one of the many United States uniforms. "Sergeant Young, you OK? You look a bit queasy, maybe we should get you to the medical tent, i mean sickbay. Sorry, used to ground ops."

(( OOC : Read the rules, and i dont mind the 'snippy and dictatorial' this is a military role play after all and it sets the mood.))

AliceMalice15
08-06-2010, 02:39 PM
((OOC: sorry Tyanet. That was my fault. Lol I get really stupid When I haven't any idea what to post. -3-,))

Rachel chuckled to herself and patted Raslen's back. It was a test. If the scientist had looked out the window he would have seen the blue and purple of slip space. The planet she was seeing was what she saw everytime she took a trip through space. A trick of the mind. It was kind of like a comfort reaction. If there was a planet there was no worry.

"It's not your equipment," Rachel laughed, "that's just the last planet I was able to scan. Look out the window. We're in slipstream space. No planets to scan. Some people do see a planet, but it's just a trick of the mind. The mind does it for comfort. You probably knew that though."

Rachel stood up and made her way back out of Raslen's quarters to find Alex. When she found him she saluted him.

"Major," she said, "seems the others are doing ok. Sergeant Young doesn't look so good though. How are you holding up?"

Tyanet
08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
"Get the goddamn arm down, I'm not your superior. But I'm just fucking peachy, even though jumping still does push me around a little bit still and make me hungry as hell. Do you wanna collect everyone in the mess? We can have some quality bonding time and get to know eachother."

AliceMalice15
08-06-2010, 04:32 PM
"I only salute because I have respect for you Alex," Rachel sighed, "no need to swear. Yeah let's get everyone in the mess. They'll need to have eaten before we land. Honestly though? Quality time? You've gotten soft Alex."

Rachel chuckled and nudged Alex in the gut. The way she remembered you made friends on the long nights you spent cramped together in tents waiting for something to happen.

The Magnan
08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Young looked towards Michael and smiled, "I'm fine, but thanks for asking. Slip space will take some getting used too. I see your used to serving on the ground too then. When we get to the planet. New environment, and stuff that's when we'll be in our element if you know what I mean."

The sergeant prepared to leave the cargo bay, and hoped Michael would follow him, exploring this place on his own would be like finding your way through a maze. He began to wish his father was here, he knew more about space travel, and space ships and stuff. Young was surprised his father didn't really say goodbye, it was like all his life his father had been for whatever reason disappointed in him. He had never been close to dad and he had strange feeling that if this all went to hell then he may never see him again. He had heard stories of ships being overrun by parasite like aliens and stuff. That was why he never wanted to serve in space. Because you have to expect the unexpected.

Shifty
08-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Parick floated past Sgt. young and Lt. Simpson on his way out of the room, along with several others.

"Hey, Lieutenant, sir," He snapped a quick salute. "Seargent, most of us are going to take a look around the ship. You two want to join us? The others here are cathing up on sleep, or trying not to throw up, which I don't want to be around to witness."

The Magnan
08-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Young nodded, "Yeah, i think i'll catch up on sleep later."

He didn't know when to sleep. After all it was nothing but space outside, how was he supposed to know when it was day or night. He really hoped they were clocks on board. He still felt queasy, a bit like feeling seasick except in space and not actually as bad. He looked towards the others who had thrown up. He felt sorry for them. Mostly because for most this was a new experience for all of them.

Sool777
08-07-2010, 01:13 AM
" I'll join too, and i ain't sleeping on this floating shithole... whether i like it or not, i can't sleep in space. Sergeant Darian, why dont you take point." Michael stepped to the side and did his best to stand at parade rest waiting for Parick to take the lead. * This is goona be one helluva mission. * Michael thought to himself.

Shifty
08-07-2010, 02:16 AM
"I know how you fell, sir. I thought my neck was gonna crack back there." Parick floated to the front and followed a few other soldiers out. "How long do you think it'll be before we get to feel sweet earth beneath our feet again?" He asked, to nobody in particular. "I hope soon. Space flight isn't as fun as I thought."

Tyanet
08-07-2010, 02:45 AM
((I think I'm gonna go ahead and speed this up a little, it's better if it's fast paced and sudden.

If no one objects, I will.))

AliceMalice15
08-07-2010, 04:46 AM
((Roger, Roger ;P))

The Magnan
08-07-2010, 07:31 AM
(sure go for it i don't mind.)

Sool777
08-07-2010, 11:08 AM
(Go for it, Space is Big, Space is Dark, Space is a bigass boring shithole. ;) )

Shifty
08-07-2010, 05:46 PM
(( meh, indifferent. ))

Tyanet
08-07-2010, 07:54 PM
((Well, I guess okay then >.<))

Suddenly, without warning, the ship exits Slipstream space. Under normal conditions it would've taken them a month to get to the planet, but they were only in slipstream space for a matter of minutes. The sudden shift was as if they were in a car and the driver suddenly slammed on the brakes, so everything that wasn't secured flew to the front of the ship, including people. Before anyone could react, a massive explosion came from the engine room and the ship began spiraling down to the surface of the planet, If you though take off was rough, than this is absolute hell. After a few minutes of hanging on for dear life and breathing through oxygen masks, the ship enters the atmosphere and continues to spiral down to the surface. What seemed like hours later, but was only no more than a minute, the ship slammed into the surface, kicking up hundreds of pounds of dirt and sliding a hundred feet before stopping.

----

Alex was probably the first one awake, but he wasn't sure. He had been through hell and back, but crashing in a space ship was worse. He found himself outside of the ship, laying in the grass of a large clearing that they crashed in, if it was clear outside, he would be looking up at the planet's three moons, all in the sky at once, but this was not the case. The jungle was shrouded in a thick fog where you couldn't see further than maybe a mile or two. He felt a stabbing pain on his forehead, and when he reached up to touch it, it hurt worse and he found blood on his hand. He got up and stumbled inside of the ship, shouting out the names he remembered from the roster.
"Morgan! Darian! Young! Simpson!"
He couldn't remember any others, his head was in too much of a fog.
"Is everyone alright?"
Without even bothering to wait for an answer, he stumbled to over to the massive cargo crates in the center of the cargo hold, and began to rummage around in them.
"Bingo"
He took out the field surgery kit, complete with everything you would need to stitch up a guy who got his guts blown out in the field. But he didn't need to do that, steri strips. He began to work on that while the fog in his head dissipated and the adrenaline kept it from hurting too much. Once he was finished, he quickly washed it off with some alcohol and taped it up with gauze. He also popped a few strong pain killers known as, NIDD, and put the bottle in his jacket pocket.

Shifty
08-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Parick coughed several times, with some blood coming with the air and dust he had inhaled. He opened his yees, but could only see darkness. He just waited for a moment, listening. He couldn't hear much, other than some wind rustling tree branches. After what had to be 10 minutes, his head had cleared enough for him to make a check to make sure he was in one piece. He moved his arms, and gratefully found he could. He tried to move his legs and found he could. Everything was in working order, until he reached his chest, and felt a stabbing pain. He tried to ignore it, hoping it was just a bad bruise.

He took a deep breath and reached in front of his face. He felt cold metal, part of one of the ships bulkheads. He pushed, and it moved, and he could see come light through the crack. He pushed harder, and eventually mad an opening large enough to squeeze through. As soon as he made it out, he collapsed in a heap, gasping for air. His lungs felt like they were on fire. He slowed his breathing, and moved slowly to a kneeling position, being careful not to breath too deep. He looked around him, somewhat dazed as to what had just happened. He remembered that just before, he was talkng to a couple of men, A lieutenant and a Seargent. He couldn't remember their names, thought.
"Lieutenant! Seargent! You guys alive?" He said, his voice haorse. He slowly stood, to get a better look around. A gust of wind blew some smoke right into his face, and he fell to the ground, coughing and clutching his chest. When he was done, eh tried to yell again. "Somebody? Is anybody alive?"

Higurashi
08-07-2010, 09:28 PM
When the Slipsapce drive broke, Raslen was thrown into a wall, rollin aside to narrowly avoid a cart for of toxic chemicals. As he rolled, the cart smashed into where he had been, spraying its contents in a wide radius. Some of the mixed fluids hit Raslen, soaking his lab coat. The cloth immediantly began to sizzle, and Raslen tore it off of him. None to soon, as the coat caught on fire.

Raslen was just picking himself up when the engine exploded, sending more debrie his way, He dodged again as a computer smashed into the wall behind him. All around the lab containers were shattering, spilling their contents. These began pouring down and mixing in a giant puddle next to the wall. The mixed fluids instantly caught fire with an inferno of heatless, white flame.

Raslen could already feel the ship falling, and he rushed over to a compartment on the wall. THrowing it's doors open, he struggled to put on a gas and oxygen mask. He had barely got it on when the ship it the atmosphere, causing another jolt. As Raslen held onto a suport bar for dear life, he looked back to see the inferno bearing through solid layers of metal, spreading rapidly.

With one hand, he pulled out an eextinguisher. He pushed both his arms throughthe gap in between the wall and the support bar, using his hand to spray the extinguiser's contents opn the fire as it creeped towards him. It had little to no effect. Raslen was about to give up when the ship hit the planet's surface.

The effect was instant. Raslen was thrown across the room and into the lab's door, which opened as he passed by it. Raslen was sucked through the door by instant decompression, tossing him further into the main ship area. As the ship continued to slide, Raslen grabbed onto a chair that was bolted to the floor, thankfully enough. Fianlly, the ship stopped and came to a rest.

Raslen awoke to see the wall to the lab completely burned through. His precious equipment gone. The fire had petered out aswell, leaving a scorched, black material in it's wake. Raslen stumbled into the lab, walking among the burned ruins. To his surprise, he found one cabinet undamaged. It held some of his more personal effects, A hand scanner and a pistol. Both were customized by Raslen to work more efficiently than normal.

As he walked, or rather stumbled back into the lobby area, Raslen saw no one. What he did see frightened him. There was a huge gash in the hull plating. He wondered if it had come from the explosion or the landing. If it was the former, it was unlikely that anyone else has survived. Raslen looked out beyong the gash, to see a thickly forested planet. More of a jungle really. This was worrying because jungle planets held all kinds of dangerous animals and diseases.

AliceMalice15
08-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Rachel groaned and opened her eyes slowly after the crash. When she looked around she could only see dense brush and trees extending high above her. When she tried to move she felt her movements being restricted. Looking at herself she saw large vines holding her up just above the ground. She had been ejected from the ship not long before it finally came to a stop. When she heard Alex call out she opened her mouth to speak but found herself choking on dirt instead.

Quickly cutting herself free with a combat knife she made her way towards the direction she had heard Alex call from. Quickly reaching the sight she saw him tending to a fair sized gash in his forehead.

"Yeowch," she said, "and to think I only came out with a few on my arms and legs. Here let me help."

Rachel kneeled infront of Alex and began to clean and dress his wound making sure to bandage it just right. When she was done she cleaned her own cuts and bandage them as well then she looked about for the others. They had to stick together. They had been extremely lucky this time. They all could have died. Hopefully they would eventually be able to make it back in one piece...somehow.

The Magnan
08-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Free fall. That was what it was like. One minute everything's normal then all hell breaks lose. Young was caught completely off guard when the ship began its descent. He was holding on for dear life but eventually you have to fall. That's gravity for you. He barely remembered anything else except slamming into something or someone. Maybe a wall. Maybe another crew member. Young managed to crawl to a window as the ship hit the atmosphere. It was like whiplash, he felt himself be jerked upward into the air and for a few seconds was weightless. Before slamming back down onto the solid metal plating. In his blur he saw the ground approaching like a train reaching the end of the line. He saw a metal pole next to him and held on. As the ship eventually hit the ground.

As he regained consciousness he found himself back in the ships cargo bay. The hull had been shredded and torn away. Most of the seats were now out of position. If they ever planned on leaving, it would take a long time to repair. He got to his feet but like before his head ached and there was a strain on his back. He stumbled to were the hull had been mostly torn away and looked through crack. The light was pouring in and from what he saw they had crashed in some jungle.

He spat out a few words, "I... hate... space... travel... so much!."

Tyanet
08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Alex had payed no attention to Rachel, but had accepted her help. Once he was bandaged up, he immediately began sifting through the cargo crates. When he found the crate he was looking for, he immediately began pulling stuff out. At first, due to the extreme lack of light inside the ship, it seemed like he was pulling out indistinguishable shapes. But it was what he did with him that gave away what the objects were. Alex had taken out and put on full combat armor, a VBK-45 Tactical combat suit, suitable for almost any operation. It gave protection all over the soldier's chest, arms, legs, and head (assuming you wore the helmet) from bullets, knives, and bog bites. It is comprised of several ceramic plates that cover key areas and Kevlar covers around secondary areas. Once he was fully armored, you notice what the second and third sets of objects are. A gun and ammunition, as well as a large backpack. He tosses the backpack onto his back and slings his compact assault rifle from his shoulder, then looks to Rachel and says.
"Look for the rest of the crew, I'll be right back"
Without waiting for a reply, he stormed off in the direction of the cockpit.

Sool777
08-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Michael blinked, his vision blurry he tried to remember where he was. * Ship, crash, gym... * That was it, the gym, he remembered he was about to go for a little tour around the ship when it crash landed, he got thrown into the gym and his head hit on the equipment and he was knocked out. He took out the emergency medical kit from the wall of the gym and treated his head injury, a minor concussion, before taking out the medical scanner and scanning for life signs. The scanner showed no one within a 100 foot vecinity inside the ship and a few people 50 feet from the ship, 2 brighter signs indicated that the two majors were in the group 50 feet from the ship so Michael decided he needed to get there. Michael took out his pistol and shot a neat circle in the wall, just big enough to crawl through. Then kicking it as hard as he could the the metal gave way and he crawled through. Walking over to the group he went to the Major, when he got there he stood at attention and saluted, " 2nd Lieutenant Michael Simpson, no major injuries, one minor concussion and a few bruses,both treated. I have class 4 field medic training. I suggest we set up a defensive perimiter then treat the wounded."

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Sgt. Young noticed the crack was big enough to be forced open, well thats what he hoped. He wondered if his samurai sword would be capable of peeling away the metal hull. He placed his hand on the hilt and drew the sword. He then fitted in between the crack and pushed. The metal creaked as he made the gap as wide as he could. It was now bigger enough to probably crawl through. He placed the sword back in its sheath. and crawled through the gap. The light almost blinding him. As he looked up at the jungle, he realised how beautiful it was.

He then made his way around the ship, in some ways hoping found anyone else. Eventually he saw the majors and Michael. Some other people had survived. How many more. He secretly hoped they were not the only ones.

AliceMalice15
08-12-2010, 12:57 AM
"Good idea Simpson," Rachel said, "unfortunately we haven't the time to set up a perimiter. Ah Sargent Young. Good we have another member still alive. How the hell did this happen anyway. I thought that hunk of junk was meant for this type of stuff."

Rachel sighed and rubbed the back of her head. To think all she had wanted was to get in save the other crew and go home. Now they were stuck on this rock and they didn't even know if the other crew was still alive much less some of their own. Just great.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Raslen looked around the ship, looking for someone. He found no one. That was bad, really bad. If everyone else was dead..... Raslen was stuck on this world.... alone. Raslen hated being alone. Well.... more like he hated being so totally alone that it was likely that he would never see anyone again. He finally reached the cockpit, and found a rather disturbing scene.

It seemed, that at som point while they were still in space, the cockpit window had broken. This had caused a rapid decompression in the cockpit. The pilots had been strapped in, but that hadn't helped them. They had been sucked against their restrainst so hard that their bones had shattered, causing massive internal bleeding. They were now bloated and misformed in their chairs, heads lolling to the side.

Raslen tentively stepped arounf the bodies, looking for something, anything that could help him. He found a locked cabinet, labeled 'Only use in case of emergency'. Raslen quickly unlocked the cabinet, showing an Auto-Rifle, a fire extinguisher, and a medical kit. Raslen took the first and last of these. He didn't need the exctinguisher. He then continued his search of the ship, finding a backpack, which he then packed with those things he had found, except for the weapons. When he came to the armoury, he foudn the door stuck shut. He had to scavenge around the ship for ammo.

The Magnan
08-12-2010, 07:12 AM
The Seargent was just as puzzled, "I could not tell you, i'm just glad to be alive"
He noticed there were a quite a few of them alive and well. There was no sign of the scientist he had seen before Raslen. Dead or Alive. They would find out soon enough. He took the time to check his weapons were intact. His sword had not really been affected, still as strong and sturdy as ever. There was no problem so he waited for what the Major's orders would be.

AliceMalice15
08-13-2010, 01:12 AM
"In that case we'll need to search the ship just incase. Lieutenant Simpson, Sargent Young I want you two to search the ship if you find anything useful be sure to pick it up. Any survivors send them out here. If you have to blast an entrance. It's not like you'll be doing anything that will affect us much now. That is all. Carry on."

Rachel turned away from the two soldiers and set about finding some source of food for them to eat. There had to be something for them to fill their stomachs on.

Shifty
08-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Parick heard people, but couldn't see people. He crawled on his hands and knees to stay out of the smoke from a nearby fire, and in this position his hand hit something. He looked at what he hit, and saw a pistol. He picked it up, checked the clip, and made sure there wasn't a round chambered. No use if it goes off while crawling.

Parick finally made it out of the smoke and stood up, slowly. He heard someone talking, and recognized one of the Majors' voices. "Hello!" He said, his voice hoarse from inhaling smoke. "Someone, help!" He began to walk towards the voices, hoping he wasn't hallucinating. Just in case something unfriendly was waiting for him, he loaded a bullet into the pistols chamber, and held it, unsteadily, in front of him with both hands.

Sool777
08-13-2010, 03:11 PM
" Yessir!" Michael saluted to the Major and started walking toward the ship motioning for Young to follow. Then Michael heard a voice, at least he thought it was a voice, but it was hoarse and he didn't recognize it. Hearing a pistol being chambered he drew his own pistol and clicked the safety off. Michael held his pistol at ready, finally seeing someone in military uniform he recognized as Sgt. Parick Darian he lowered his gun, put it on safety and holstered it in one swift motion. " God dammit sergeant, almost scared the shit outta me when you chambered the gun. Report to the Major over there, they've got medkits, they can treat any injuries you should have." After telling the sergeant where to go Michael started at a jog toward the ship, expecting Young to follow.

The Magnan
08-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Young said swiftly major,"Yes sir!" and followed Michael, one hand grasping the hilt of his samurai sword. He didn't like going back on ship. It was bound to be falling apart, it was now a death trap. But it was what he was trained for. Recovering things, and who know there maybe more survivors trapped on board.

AliceMalice15
08-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Rachel stood as Patrick emerged from the woods and Michael greeted him. Good that ment there were probably others who were still alive. Rachel picked up the strange melons (http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo7/ashtonsimmonds/DSG-1460-Still-Life-BOWL-OF-ALIEN-F.jpg) she found and made her way over to Patrick.

"Good to see your still breathing soldier," she said, "how are you feeling? Any injuries?"

Rachel looked Patrick up and down incase there were any obvious injures. Seeing none she awaited his reply.

Tyanet
08-14-2010, 04:38 PM
After a while, Alex came back down from the Cockpit and before doing anything else, tucked something away in a pocket below his ceramic chest plate. He went over to where everyone was.
"Alright everyone! Grab a pack from inside on of the crates and load it up with food, water, medical supplies, ammo, and tools. We're headed out ASAP!"
Alex did what he told everyone to do, took a large rucksack and filled it with tons of food and water, in addition to ammo, a field medic kit, and other things that would be useful in a hostile alien planet.

AliceMalice15
08-15-2010, 01:50 AM
"Right away Major," Rachel said, "we still need to wait for Sargent Young and Lieutenant Simpson. I just sent them in to check for survivors elswhere in the ship. The scientist is still missing. I believe he may still be alive as well."

Rachel also grabbed all the required materials and handed the same to Patrick. They'd needed everything they could get.

Sool777
08-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Michael looked at the ship, it was nothing more than scrap metal now and was falling apart at a dangerously fast rate. " Sergeant, i think we've got 10, 15 mins at max. We'd better word quick, lets enter through the gym, i have a hole made there alredy, besides its next to the armory and i have my gun stored there." Michael started to move towards the hold he crawled out of. * I really hope its big enough to get into. And i really hope that goddamned ship holds up long enough for us to find any survivors.

The Magnan
08-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Young followed close behind Michael, while he had the samurai sword, an assault rifle but mean he would not have charge in and slice down an enemy. He nodded in agreement and said, "Best make those minutes count then."
When they reached the Gym, he saw the hole was big enoufgh for both of them, all the sharp edges would no doubt could into their clothing. He signed and crawled through, the sharp hull plating tore into cut his left shoulder. However, it had open sliced open the uniform, there was no damage to the skin.

Sool777
08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Michael made it through mostly unscathed except for a few scratches on his exposed forearms and face. When they got into the gym he picked up the medical scanner he had used to locate the group outside the ship. " Its good for a 150 foot range, scan for life signs." Michael said tossing the scanner to Young. Then he ran out of the gym to the room next door, the armory. The doors were sealed shut but that wasn't a problem for him, he entered his 5 digit code and the doors hissed open, shuddered then stopped. There was a 1 foot space in between. " Shit. Well this'll be fun." Michael turned sideways and tried to get in, managing to get himself stuck half way through, then he saw it. It was like any other standard issue rifle, but this one had a army digital paint job and a shorter barrel. " Oh yea baby! Thats the one! " Seeing it seemed to give his strength and he pushed on through bursting into the armory. He picked up the gun, just holding it for a second then strapped in to his back taking a few boxes of ammo and putting it in his pocket. He entered his 5 digit code again and the door spluttered back to life, then died again leaving the a space of 1.5 feet, plenty of room. Michael squeezed out of the armory and jogged back to Young. " Got anything? That scientist should be around, i dont remember anyone else that isnt out there."

The Magnan
08-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Young caught the scanner and followed Michael. He looked at him in a strange way, he then looked up at his own shoulder, where his samurai sword's sheath was strapped too. "I guess thats your favourite," he smiled. "I'm not picking up any yet," he continued looking down at the scanner. He felt the hull buckle a little. "It's getting more unstable. Any longer and we'll be crushed."

Tyanet
08-17-2010, 04:37 PM
((Does anyone ever read the OOC?))

The Magnan
08-17-2010, 06:01 PM
(Sorry Tyanet. I'll change my post)

Sool777
08-18-2010, 10:20 PM
( Tynet sorry if my post doesn't fit with your specs for the ship, i can change it if you want, but i figure a small armory next to a gym, or a gym at all wouldn't make much of a difference, just notify me if you want me to change my posts. )

Michael looked at Young with a grin, " You bet this is, this is my personal gun, i purchased it from the Army after my first tour. Its the gun i used on the first tour, and its got a special paintjob and shorter barrel."

"It's getting more unstable. Any longer and we'll be crushed."

Feeling the hull buckle Michael returned to his old serious self, a happy reunion with the gun could wait, this couldn't. " Roger that. I got an idea, lets see if the intercom system still works. Start up the emergency generator in there." Michael pointed at a panel in the wall next to one of the bench treadmills that was bolted to the floor. Michael then walked over to another panel and started up the touchscreen, it was cracked and the lights were quite a bit dimmer that they were supposed to be, but it still worked, he just needed to get more power to it now, thats what the generator would be used for.

The Magnan
08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Young set to work, he carefully removed the panel, and prepared to put the emergency generator online, he scratched his head confusingly, but he pressed a few buttons, and it whirred into life. He was relieved but he knew it wouldn't last long, and he would have keep feeding power into the system. Sooner or later, his luck, would run out. He looked at Michael, and said, "I've got it working but I don't know how long it can last."

He briefly thought of Earth and wondered if they would ever get home. He then remembered it was a rescue mission, so who was meant to be rescuing who, now that they had crashed. Would another ship be sent out. He knew it was likely. But there was a chance they could find the other ship, and then work together to get back home.

Sool777
08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
" Good, good, good, ok lets try this out. I really hope this works." The screen lit up to its full brightness, flickering for a second then returning to its previous brightness. He tapped in another code and a flashing red button. " Got it!" He tapped a blue button on the lower right corner of the screen and the intercom started up. " This is 2nd Lieutenant Michael Simpson, if there is anyone else out there please make it to starboard section 14c, the gym. I repeat, any survivors should report to starboard section 14c. If you are unable to get here please get to the nearest panel and enter an emergency code." Michael tapped a few more buttons to turn the intercom off and turned to Young. " So now we wait.."

Tyanet
08-21-2010, 12:03 AM
((Sorry for being inactive, school is starting back up and I have quite a bit on my plate. Alice, I'm looking to you to help keep this active. Feel free to move my character if I haven't been on for more than a day or so. I'll also try to whip up a post here soon, but I'm feeling really tired today... :c ))

The Magnan
08-21-2010, 08:34 AM
(Don't worry Tyanet we'll keep this roleplay alive.)

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Raslen heard the voice over the intercom. He identified it as one of the other crew. At that moment, a great groaning could be heard from the infrastructure of the ship. The floor around Raslen began to crumble, and he jumped to grab the nearest object connected to the wall. Unfortuneatly this didn't help. Raslen, along with the rest of the cockpit, fell to the forest floor. When he awoke again, Raslen was surrounded by at least a dozen predatory animals.

Sool777
08-21-2010, 05:21 PM
The ship shuddered as the cockpit crashed down, Michael felt the hull weaken even more. " Young, ill go check the debris of the cockpit, maybe someone was in there. Repeat my message on the intercom a few more times and if at any time you feel the ship is about to collapse I want you out of here, survivors or not. Got it?" Michael walked over to the hole to and smashed the butt of his rifle into it a few more times to widen it. The metal was hard, very hard so it didnt do much but he at the least had to have tried. Michael turned back around to hear Young's response.

Tyanet
08-21-2010, 06:27 PM
When he awoke again, Raslen was surrounded by at least a dozen predatory animals.

((Damn you! Consider this a warning, there are no animals, or even signs of animals unless I say so. The point I was trying to make earlier is that you [The players] only control yourselves, as in you only really control your bodies and minds. I'll let it slide this time, but it won't work once the story starts to really progress, because it's very linear and I can't have you guys trying to change the path.

Now, I don't wanna sound impatient, but can you guys try to speed it up a little? The only ones that have something to do are you three, so finish up this business with the ship then get outside with the rest of us. That's also a big reason why I haven't posted, since there's nothing to do.))

AliceMalice15
08-23-2010, 02:36 AM
(lol you people. 1) Roger that Tyanet 2) everyone else be careful about what you post. 3)if you have some thing you want to put in your post [animals, the planet, etc.] pm me or Tyanet most likely me since Tyanet won't be replying much. I should be on nightly so I'll reply then. 4) IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!!!! That is all.)

Rachel heard the cockpit crash and went to go check it out. Seeing the animels she pulled aout her assault rifle and shot a few rounds in the air to scare them off. The creatures ran off and left the area fairly devoid of life save for her and whatever the animals had been after. Walking slowly over to it she found the prone form of the scientist.

"Well well," she said passively, "so you did make it. I never would have guessed. You alright? Any inquires?"

The Magnan
08-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Young nodded, "Yes sir. But i can't leave and watch you die. Not now"

Young looked around, he would miss the ship. It was on the verge of collapse his life sucked away in an instant. He sighed. He noticed gap in the wall. He wanted to leave. But he would not leave Michael to his fate. Young waited, he doubted there was noone else left. He made his way carefully to the hole, and looked at Michael, "You better not die," he said quietly preparing to leave.

Sool777
08-23-2010, 03:29 PM
"Oh you bet i won't, but if i do you better make sure my body gets back to our own god damned planet." Michael grinned and went back to the intercom panel repeating his message. The roof creaked as if was going to fall, the walls buckled and then a pipe burst through the metal ceiling bringing down panels of the heavy ceiling with it. One of the panels hit Michael's forearm, the panel sliced his skin down to the bone and Michael cried out in pain. Quickly walking over to the medkit he poured a sterilizing liquid over his wound. Letting out a whimper of pain again, the sterilizing liquid was making his wound feel like it was on fire. Wrapping his wound in gauze wrap and injecting himself in a pain killer he went back to the intercom panel for a last message. " This is 2nd Lieutenant Michael Simpson, the search and rescue team has to evacuate now, the ship is about to collapse on itself. This is your last chance to get to an emergency panel, otherwise you should evacuate this ship now. 2nd Lieutenant Michael Simpson. Over and out." Michael waited for 30 seconds for the screen to signal a emergency signal, it didnt. Michael made it over to his hole and crawled out. Just as he did so the gym collapsed, the roof's panels falling in on it and the bulkheads crumpling as if they were made of tin foil. Michael got up checking himself for any other wounds and jogged over to the cockpit. Finding the major there he stood at attention, " Sir! No survivors reported to our escape zone, Sir!" then looking down at his gauze he noticed the previously white bandage was now soaked in red where his cut was. This was bad, very bad, the bleeding should have stopped by now. Looking back up he waited for the Major to say something.

AliceMalice15
08-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Rachel nodded at Michael's report and then looked worriedly at his injured arm covered in gauze.

"Good work soldier," she said, "that's a nasty cut you got. Is it deep? We may need to stitch it up. I expect you sterilized it at the least?"

Higurashi
08-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Raslen looked up, dazed, at Rachel. "Ah. Major. So nice to see you. Thank you for the save. By the looks of it thy would have eaten me." After saying this Raslen carefully got himself to his feet, gripping his right arm with his left. In his hand he still held his custom pistiol, though his hand wouldn't move. Upon further inspection, his entire arm had locked up at the joints. In a swift set of jerks, he reset his arm into its proper place. "Shall we be going then?" He asked.

Tyanet
08-23-2010, 11:30 PM
((Disregard the part about the ship collapsing if someone else is inside it))

The heavy fog was starting to lift around the jungle, allowing you so see for several miles in every direction. If you knew the directions, you would know that the crash site is directly to the north, while a large ocean is a few miles to the west and a massive mountain range is approximately 40 miles to the east, while there is hundreds of miles of coastline to the south. The ship is in a large clearing that was at one point covered with 4 foot tall grass, but most of which was burned down from the crash. The ship left a massive dark scar in the earth that is wider than the ship and longer than a football field. The rest of the ship collapsed into a pile of metal that looked like a dump truck full of scrap metal just came and dumped it load here, anyone inside would surely be dead.

----

Alex watched as the ship became a heap of rubble, and decided that there was nothing they can do for Miller, Dancer, and Darian, who were surely still inside. He looked up in the sky and noted the location of the suns. It was getting dark, they needed to get moving. He spoke to everyone, in a monotone but strong voice;
"Okay, let's get going, there's nothing more for us to do here. It'll be dark in about 4 hours. That should give us enough time to get to the wreckage, setup camp, and hopefully find some food. We'll come back tomorrow and pick through the wreckage and see if we can't find anything useful. I'll take point since I seem to be the only one with a weapon, and Rachel, I want you up from with me, with my pack. Young and Simpson, take up the rear. Now, Let's move out"
He handed his pack to Rachel, and also gave her a handgun. He then started to walk off into to jungle, to the north. As he was nearing the edge of the clearing, he noticed a large tower-like thing that looked someone took a large rectangle and sharpened the top. He couldn't make out anything special about the thing, and it was very obscured by the fog.
Damn, that crash must've done a number on me. I think I'm seeing shit
He then walked off into the jungle

Sool777
08-23-2010, 11:53 PM
"Yessir!" Micheal said taking up his orders and waiting for the rest of the line to proceed. " And Major, sir, yes ive sterilized it, but it hasn't stopped bleeding, if you happen to find anything to stop the bleeding, a type 3 hypospray or somthing of that sort, could you please inform me? I'll keep my eyes on the lookout to." Michael said to the female Major. * God damn why can't i remember her name. * Michael looked back down at his arm to make sure it wasn't bleeding to freely then unstrapped his firearm and brought it out in front of him. Taking out the empty magazine he took out a full one from his belt. He always kept two 30 round clips that were compatible with the Army's assult rifles in his belt. After putting the magazine in the magazine well of his rifle Michael placed the empty one upside down in the pouch he had taken the full magazine from. As Michael started walking toward where the male major was , the one Michael remembered as 'Alex', he pulled back on the charging handle of his assault rifle, loading a round into the chamber. When Michael released the charging handel the bolt slammed into place, the resulting sound was loud and shouted at anyone that could hear it that it had power and lots of it. Michael could have released it much slower but he wanted to show the leading Major that he also had a weapon and was able to use it. It may have been a self centered thing to do for Michael's reasons but it was also a important thing to let the Majors know he had a weapon, they were now on a survival mission on top of a search and rescue mission, anything and everything would be important now.

Tyanet
08-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Alex yelled out over his shoulder
"Rachel, there's a combination first aid kit and field surgery kit in the bag, feel free to use it if you think it's bad enough. And Simpson, being at the back of a formation is just as important as the front. Don't make me tell you a war story!"

((Might as well post while I can :p))

The Magnan
08-25-2010, 03:27 PM
he eventually crawled out of the soon to be a wrecked ship. Young stood up, and silently followed the others. He awaited his orders, all the while not letting the grip on the hilt of his sword slip. He was more focused, but still he was probably the lowest ranked soldier so if he made a mistake, they'd come crashing down on him. Not that he wasn't used to it.