PDA

View Full Version : Lithium Madness[M]

Pastel Apathy
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Welcome to Lithium Mental Rehabilitation Center!

Lithium Mental Rehabilitation Center, commonly referred to LMRC by everyone including the patients and staff, is not your average rehabilitation center. You see, it's pretty much an insane asylum. It takes on the cover of a mental rehabilitation center to hide the fact that it's patients are a little more than... mad. Even the staff can verge on being mad here. But, recently, there has been disappearances. Both staff and patients are disappearing, although the patients disappearing is normal. But, what really worries the staff at LMRC is that when the patients and Staff show back up, they're... well, a little too crazy. They react violently to small things, and they talk funny. LMRC has recently had to stop accepting patients, and staff in order to figure out what's going on.

One particular Staff member has been deemed clinically insane, and has been put into a straight jacket. He started going on about how “The Jester” will come for everyone at LMRC, and how he'll make everything better. He also went on about how everyone's trapped, and no one will get out. He was put in a special, padded white room that was designed for people like this staff member. He lashed out violently several times from his madness, and several staff members got wounded trying to straightjacket him, and put him into this special room. They thought things were all fine and dandy, so they were preparing to open to applications the next day. But when they went to check on this... madman, the walls were painted red, and messages were written all over the walls. Messages talking about how Jester would come for them, and those that resisted him would be killed.

So now there is a madman on the loose, and the disappearances have to be stopped before things get really out of hand. The staff can't do it themselves, so they might just have to ask the ones who were deemed insane to help.. Will they ask in time? Or will everyone be doomed to insanity?

Synopsis

Pretty much, in this RP, you'll be playing a patient, or a staff from LMRC. There's a madman on the loose at LMRC, and somewhere, there's a person behind the disappearances. There's a cause for the madness, but no one knows what it is yet. The idea of this is pretty much a horror/suspense/thriller. I will be messaging those whose characters will disappear with an explanation and I will need a response back from their character. It will be role-played through PM's what happens when the characters disappear. They will then be allowed to resurface in the RP, but as a more insane version. They will keep the secret to themselves, for if they reveal it to anyone, the character will be killed off, and the user banned from the RP.

Outside the asylum. (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/3285087526_4e816b2e28.jpg)

Inside the asylum. (http://www.liv.ac.uk/vets_med_images/psychiatry/win1.jpg)

Rating
This is rated M for possible gore, coarse language, nudity, and fuck know what else.

Rules
Because every land must have them.

Obey me.
Follow the board's rules.
Stick to the rating.
Two paragraphs would be loved. Paragraph and a half at the least.
Use proper English please!
These rules can, and will be updated if necessary.

Profile Skeleton

Patient;

Name
Nickname
Age [ Should be no younger than eighteen. ]
Appearance [ Either a link, spoilered picture, or detailed description. For the pictures, REAL people only. ]

Diagnosis [ Why your here.]
Disease [ Everyone will have at least one disease. ]

Personality [ Bullet points are fine. ]

Other

Staff;

Name
Nickname [ Doctor Name. ]
Age [ Can't be younger than twenty-nine. ]
Appearance [ Either a link, spoilered picture, or detailed description. For the pictures, REAL people only. ]

Patient(s) [ What patient(s) you take care of. ]

Personality

Other

Characters

10-15 spots maximum.
Spots available; 7 [ Will add more if needed ]

Annabelle Marie Goldstein
Quentin Raphael Ambrose
Jayson Gillespie
Daren James

My Profile;
Name Annabelle Marie Goldstein
Nickname Belle, Annie, Anna.
Age Nineteen
Gender Female

Appearance
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/193/0/d/You_are_so_Scene_by_MistressSinner.jpg

Diagnosis Belle up an snapped one day. She took the nearest sharp object, which happened to be a pencil, stabbed someone's shoulder, took another, stabbed her own hand and then started going 'Crazy'. She bit people and took small chunks of skin off them, she clawed them, and the room was quite bloody and several people were injured by her.
Disease Schizophrenia

Personality Annabelle thinks shes normal. She'll talk to the wall like it's talking to her, and she talks kind of funny sometimes. She does have random outbursts where she thinks everyone is out to get her, and she start thrashing around, and throwing anything within reach. She's injured several people by this, and she has to be put in a straightjacket occasionally. She thinks that the people she sees are real, and will talk to them as if they are.

Other Annabelle carries around a ragged stuffed bear with her at all times.

John
08-04-2010, 10:01 PM
This looks like a great game. Why not submit it for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905) or put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?

Neon
08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Name ~Sonya Larson
Nickname~ Ms. Larson
Age ~ 29
Gender~ Female

Appearance~ http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=3079563

Patients~ Ones In Need Of Medical Care.

Personality~
Sweet, caring and loving and could never try and perilously hurt someone. People say she picked the wrong job and that she should have been a vet or something but she disagrees and says this is the perfect job for her....

Other~
She is the nurse that helps the ones in medical need or gives them shot and there pills.

Pastel Apathy
08-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Welcome aboard Neon! :D

Neon
08-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Yay! :>

AeRaShin
08-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Name Quentin Raphael Ambrose
Nickname Q
Age Sixteen
Gender Male

Appearance Q (http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh76/militarygurl92/Emo/th558195362.jpg)

Diagnosis From the time Quentin was young, he had been afraid of germs and "that guy". He claims "that guy" is going to torture him, and he sent out his minions (germs) as a warning.
Disease Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

Personality Quentin is usually a nervous wreck. He can't breathe without his mask on (see picture), and someone has to taste his food before he eats it. If he feels even the slightest bit sick or uneasy he makes himself vomit, and he absolutely will not touch other people. He constantly watching his back, like he can see the germs coming for him. He rarely speaks of "that guy" for fear he would come get him.

Other Q won't take even a single breath without his mask, and he doesn't wear shoes, only socks.

Pastel Apathy
08-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Welcome AeRaShin!

Now we need a few more members before this can start. >.< I need at least two more characters. :3 One patient, and preferably a doctor. <.<

thesouleater
08-15-2010, 12:52 AM
May I join? The only thing is that I'm leaving tomorrow for camp, will be back on Friday and after that I'm going to a day camp and probably won't be able to post for a while (a little more detail in my sig). *sweat* Busy parents and their business trips...

If thats okay, I would like to request a patient. ^_^ If I can find a disease for them. *sweat*

Neon
08-15-2010, 01:35 AM
I wont be able to get on going camping. :D Ill be gone for three days. But i might be able to get on Sunday so Ill be gone till Wednesday or Thursday so see you then. ;)

Pastel Apathy
08-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Soul, that is okay in my books. I just needed to get on. I've been at my family friend's house for the last week almost, and I needed time to get on RPA.

thesouleater
08-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Name Jayson Gillespie
Nickname Jay
Age 21
GenderMale

Appearance http://www.m-drum.com/gallery/photos/Artists%20and%20Drums/large/1250905666_Neil%20Sanderson%20(3%20Days%20Grace).J PG

Diagnosis Jayson was brought to LMRC when he nearly killed himself and his parents. His eye sight had been muddled while he was showing a magic trick to his parents with knives and he accidentaly threw a knife at his Dad, hitting him in the right shoulder and a knife at his Mom, hitting her in her thigh. They were close to dead when Jay realized what had happened. He quickly phoned the hospital and got his parents to safety. They sent him off to LMRC when they diagnosed him with ACHOO Syndrome and Paranoid Type Schizophrenia.
Disease Photic Sneeze Reflex (Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helioophthalmic Outburst Syndrome/ACHOO Syndrome), Paranoid Type Schizophrenia

Personality Jay is paranoid, but he is also quite nice when he's not being annoyed by his diseases. He is sarcastic too.

Other N/A

I couldn't find anything else to use for diseases. *sweat* I hope this is okay. ^_^

Also, yes, I know the picture is Neil Sanderson from Three Days Grace. I just wanted to use that picture. I didn't take the picture, nor do I own anything related to that picture. I just decided to use it.

Pastel Apathy
08-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Soul, you are accepted. Welcome aboard the madness. :D

thesouleater
08-22-2010, 01:26 AM
COOL! XD

Pastel Apathy
08-22-2010, 03:04 AM
I need a couple more doctors, and then I can get the IC started!

AeRaShin
08-22-2010, 04:17 AM
Yay! Soul is here too!

Lidrelina
08-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Victoria Rea Beardson
Nickname Dr. Beardson or Dr. Victoria
Age 30
Gender Female

Appearance Victoria has thick light brown hair that falls to her shoulders, though it is normally up in a tight bun. Her eyes are blue with a faint trace of brown circles around the pupils. She is around average height and very slim. She does, however, have the look of an athlete to her and you can see that she could do some serious damage if she wanted to. Victoria stays away from makeup, preferring the natural look.

Patient(s) Victoria handles the more... agitated patients. The ones that are more violent and crazy.

Personality Victoria has a very kind and caring personality, but can be very intense when the need arises. She knows how to handle herself in situations, which is very important in this kind of job.

OtherTo other staff, Victoria prefers Tori. She grew up with a little brother who was severely autistic and who would lash out, much like some of these patients. This sparked her interest and is the reason that she is working here.

Nethouroboros
09-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Damn...What a perfect opportunity. I believe i have your doctor~

Name Frank Heid
Nickname Dr. Heid
Age 41
Gender Male

Appearance (Well, i know you said photos only, i'm assuming to avoid getting a hundred links to images of Japanese anime school girls covered in blood...but i simply can't find a satisfactory human being who looks like Frank...So i sketched up a quick portrait, as realistically as my style could muster.)
http://a.imageshack.us/img196/9283/frankprefacesc.png
(If this does not appropriately suffice, then i suppose the following will have to do...blergh.)
http://www.malextra.com/image-library/port/376/c/christian-bale-awi-6.jpg

Patient(s) ( I'm thinking the already tampered-with ones? or perhaps he's the "good" doctor, trying to figure it out and help the patients...Whichever fits your plot better! )

Personality
Given he plays a "bad guy": Madman. Bent on nothing more than mentally and sometimes physically torturing his unfortunate patients, Frank is a manipulative bastard. While calm and collected in the appropriate presence of other doctors, he becomes unpredictable and malicious in the company of his victu-er, patients.
Given he plays the "good guy": While a tad on the strange side, Frank is at the core a good man. Perhaps it is his similarity to his unstable patients that causes him to help them so. Nevertheless, he is inquisitive and fast-thinking, a habit that is endlessly supportive when dealing with the chaos of insane-addled minds.

Other Frank has a small gimp in his left leg; origins of the injury are unknown.

Malkavian
09-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Name Victor E. Flowers
Nickname Victor
Age 22
Gender Male

Appearance Victor (http://i52.tinypic.com/sno18o.jpg) has short black hair generally parted in the middle that frames dark eyebrows and hazel eyes. He has a decently large frame, and stands at six feet, but his torso is mostly emaciated with visible ribs at any angle.

Diagnosis Victor was arrested at the tail end of a series of murders. Every victim was found with missing organs, peeled skin, disfigured faces, and many of them were in so many pieces that officers had trouble figuring out how many bodies they were looking at. Every corpse was prepared in some way... from hands being sewn together to stuffing their insides with their outsides. It was all part of the 'master plan' that Victor had to carry through to prevent the end of the world.

Disease Schizophrenia

Personality Victor doesn't love, like, trust, accept, agree with, or tolerate anyone or anything. He can and occasionally does, however, pretend to do so. All he really wants is a way to get outside again, to escape and finish his work. He's prone to going on long tirades that most people would have trouble following.

Other Victor really hates green eyes.

Neon
09-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Im back! Finally. xD

AeRaShin
09-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Are we still on?

Elyon_Daine
09-17-2010, 07:41 PM
(( Ill post my Doctor and Patient later on. Unfortunately i dont have time at this moment. This is going to be fun >x} ))

Elyon_Daine
09-18-2010, 02:54 AM
(PATIENT)
Name Constantine Elsian Cride
Nickname Elsian
Age 21
Gender Male

Appearance http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm195/samachik/G-Dragon.jpghttp://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr137/esya_pinkygurl/e-pop/G-dragon.jpg

Diagnosis
Personality disorder,

Schizophrenia,

Nightmare disorder,

Disease Personality disorder,

Schizophrenia,

Nightmare disorder,

Pain disorder

Personality Much like his illness says he has a rather odd Personality disorder. Often keeping to himself and isolating himself people find him to be distant and cold. With Schizo as another amp he tends to talk to himself... often resulting in bizzare reactions and seemingly fearful views.

Other Both he and Pathos are oddly connected

(STAFF)
Name Pathos Bleu de Chanel
Nickname Dr. De Bleu
Age 30
Gender Male

Appearance http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q252/Elyons_Blood/Decorated%20images/17heyman-gaspard-tmagArticle.jpg

Patient(s) A variety of patients.

Personality Being a Sadomasochist give's him a twisted way of thinking. Though it never shows which helps him lure in patients and oddly keep them without a word being said. Very outgoing and laid back Pathos seemingly pours out safety and security. Though often the opposite of what his intention's are which has labeled him as a liar. Though its not known. He gets to your way of thinking so that he can lure you in and mark you as his own.

Other Has Sadomasochism.
Both he and Constantine are oddly connected.

EDIT: Would you like Bio's added to that? ( it would give a background on how my character's developed this way )

TheDarkness
09-29-2010, 07:16 AM
is this still open to new members?

Sunakira
10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
>w> *shyly peeks in*

Pastel Apathy
12-08-2010, 11:46 PM
This is Open for requests! Gonna message the people who had signed up and see if they wanna do this still. :D

AeRaShin
12-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Yay! It's still continuing!

DensetsuEX
12-09-2010, 04:01 PM
This does look really interesting =D here's one of my newer characters:

Name - Daren James
Nickname - Dare
Age - 18
Gender - Male

Appearance http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/ReaperEX/IMG_0608.jpg

Diagnosis The amount of information Daren was learning became too much for him, driving him insane. He said he began to hear voices telling him to do horrible things, strange dreams depicting more gruesome ordeals, and sometimes having random seizures, paralyzing him for a few seconds.
Disease Asperger's Syndrome and maybe Schizophrenia

Personality Daren is actually a kind and caring teen, loving nothing more than to help others. He rarely shows emotion however and suffers from anxiety (a side effect of his Asperger's Syndrome) but he tries hard to not let either of those stop him from talking with others.

Other Daren is very artistic and loves to draw random doodles depicting on how he feels.

Pastel Apathy
12-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Welcome Densetsu! :D Welcome aboard the Madness Express! :D

Pastel Apathy
12-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Double post, but it's a new character. :D

Name Alexander Nathaniel Wynters

Nickname Doctor Wynters or Doctor Wyn.

Age Thirty-seven.
Gender Male

Appearance http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/204/0/5/on_the_fire_escape_by_scottchurch.jpg

Patient(s) Most any while on call.

Personality Alexander is strict, and knows how to deal with most of the patients who tend to lash out at random. He prefers to stay all business with co-workers, and has been working with the staff to figure out what has been going on.

OtherAlexander is an ex-cop

DensetsuEX
12-13-2010, 02:57 AM
Is this still happening? LM is something I'm really looking forward to.

Pastel Apathy
12-13-2010, 03:00 AM
It is. I just need a couple more characters. ><

DensetsuEX
12-13-2010, 03:02 AM
We must find them! I'll put it in my signature, even though I'm not in a lot of other places on here.

Elyon_Daine
12-13-2010, 04:28 AM
I've finished my character's finally. ( im sorry it took so long >~< ) . Would you like me to add the Bio's so that you will know how their uhhh personalities developed?

Pastel Apathy
12-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Elyon ;; It's fine. I don't need the bio's. :D

Elyon_Daine
12-13-2010, 04:36 AM
Alrighty ^_^ Whenever you want them though i have them already pre-set up. I cant wait to start >x} *evil laugh*

Pastel Apathy
12-13-2010, 04:39 AM
I will start this tomorrow. I can't do it tonight as I have school in the morning.

Inky
12-13-2010, 10:53 PM
Name Annette Spencer
Nickname Annie
Age 27
Gender Female

Appearance Her short "dead" hair seems to have had several years of mistreat and has been cut haphazardly, but is beginning to grow out despite the clumps which regularly fall out. She has pasty freckled skin and wild green eyes that are always darting around nervously. Her face has prominent cheekbones and a sharpness to it. Her teeth look like they've seen better times and a few are missing. She is petite, at 5'2" and with a thin frame which gives the impression of fragility. Her nails are bitten and worn away and pale scars coat from her hands and upwards, also appearing in other places which aren't so visible such as her inner thighs.
Diagnosis She had kept under the radar, living by herself and quietly letting her disorders ruin her life until she snapped one day, getting into a fight with a stranger in the street for no reason other than thinking they had given her a threatening glance. She was ruled as mentally unwell and sectioned. She hasn't been in the asylum long so hasn't been fully diagnosed.
Disease Bulimia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, OCD, possibly schizophrenic

Personality Quiet and mistrusting of others, she just wants to be left alone most of the time but will begrudgingly interact when given no other choice in the matter.

Other -

Pastel Apathy
12-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Inky ;; Welcome to the RP. :)

AeRaShin
12-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Yay! Exciting! We start soon!
:D

Pastel Apathy
12-14-2010, 02:38 AM
As soon as I get the IC typed up, we will start. :D

Inky
12-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Are we starting soon? :O

DensetsuEX
12-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Twi hasn't said anything so I'll say it on his behalf:
He told me on his other roleplay that he's been busy with school, so he'll try to get them started when he has some free time.

Pastel Apathy
12-19-2010, 07:01 PM
I finally have some free time! :D And I am a female for future reference Den. ;)

EDIT ;; Here is the IC IC. (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=422735#post422735)

DensetsuEX
12-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Perfect timing Twi! I'm working on my post right now =D.

Edit: I shoulda guessed when I saw your character is a female XD my apologies.

Pastel Apathy
12-19-2010, 08:25 PM
It's quite alright. But thank you anyway. xD

DensetsuEX
12-19-2010, 08:27 PM
XD.
I'm still right pumped for this rp. My mind is racing with all kinds of ideas for Daren. They won't stop ><.

Pastel Apathy
12-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Lol same. I have an idea for the torture to put every one through! :D

DensetsuEX
12-19-2010, 08:34 PM
You're eeeevil... But deviously amazing too. Muahahahaa I can't wait.

AeRaShin
12-20-2010, 03:10 AM
Hmm, I nearly hyperventilated when I saw the IC link. Hooray!
>.<

Pastel Apathy
12-20-2010, 03:14 AM
LOL Aerashin. :D I got it put up earlier today. :D