PDA

View Full Version : [M] Fable: Albion Adventures

Dr. Dream
08-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Lucius had just finished his day of work, it was now time to get a drink from the Cow and Corset and then stumble home. On the way to the Cow and Corset Lucius noticed a crowd of people in front of the Town Square, they were all listening to a man talking about a threat that is coming to Albion, The Guards were quick to remove him from the streets once he began shouting. Lucius thought that the mad man could be on to something but quickly scraped the idea, there was nothing coming to Albion and if there was King Viktor would be able to stop it. Lucius has arrived at the Cow and Corset, it smelt of booze and was full of chatter, Lucius could hardly imagine how two people could maintain a conversation with all this chatter. The bar was much rowdier then it usually was but Lucius did not mind, he sat on a stool in front of the Bartender.

"A pint of Bowerstone's best please?" Lucius asked with a smile, the Bartender was not the usual man. The Bartender grabbed a key from his pocket and opened a cabinet in a corner, he grabbed a bottle and put it on top of the cabinet and then locked the cabinet up. He walked over to Lucius and placed it on the bar counter.
"That'll be fifty gold coins." The Bartender said with little emotion.
"Alright, hold on a second, I forget where I left my coin purse......" Lucius said as he rummaged through his pocket, he eventually got it and took it out, he counted out fifty coins and placed them on the counter. "There you go sir." Lucius said.

The Bartender turned around and started to polish some beer mugs, Well, that man is not in the greatest mood!, Lucius opened the bottle of beer and began to drink it, it tasted a hell of a lot better then Bowerstone Brown, but it was very expensive, in fact it was the third most expensive beet in Albion.

StormWolf
08-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Gasping vainly, his mouth agape in a useless attempt to suck more air in to those blood-filled lungs, the bandit's life slowly drifted away. The stubby hands that clasped the gleaming steel penetrating his chest went limp and useless, his last breath escaping chapped lips.

The steel blade was extracted from the man's body in a slow drag, the bone and muscle making the blade sing as they grated against one another. The wielder of the blade wiped the blood soiled steel clean on the bandit's jacket before returning the sword to its place on the wielder's hip.

The wielder turned with a rough-yet-regal kind of grace, walking back towards the wagon train he had been marching with for the better part of the week. He said nothing, only pulling the lead horse's reins to make it start trotting up the paved road towards Bowerstone. Many of the merchants in the caravan looked over their shoulders, seeing the surgical and brutal handiwork of the guard they hired back in Bloodstone. They then looked back to him, his dark cloak billowing in the gentle breeze, hood concealing his eyes. The man was something of a mystery, an enigma. How a man with clothes so fine could hide away in a filthy cespool like Bloodstone was but a minor testament to his skill. He said that the merchands did not need to buy other guards, mostly because if they wanted to buy his services, they wouldn't be able to afford more guards. What the man said was true, but he backed up his smugness with results like the bloody spectacle that was vanishing around the bend.

The gates to Bowerstone yawned before the caravan, the single dark and mysterious guard leading the wagons to the cargo offloading station. The leader of the caravan, an honset old man with more hair on his chin than his head, dropped a leather purse in to the mysterious guard's outstretched and expecting hand. The purse was heavy and full. With nothing more than a nod, the enigmatic blademaster turned for the town square,

"Wait! Master Thorin!" one of the younger merchants called out, and the blademaster stopped to look over his shoulder, dark hood still ceeping his eyes cast in shadow.

"W-will you still be here at the end of the week? We will be taking a shipment down to Oakvale and would be more than willing to pay for your services again..." The blademaster held his pose for a moment. Even though the young merchant could not see the man's eyes, he could feel the stare. The hooded figure merely shrugged and walked away.

"Who is that man?" one of the other merchants asked, partly in fear and partly in wonder.

"Rand Thorin. A blademaster and a bloody entrepeneur, literally speaking."

Rand stepped in to the Bowerstone tavern, his fine leather boots making hollow thuds on the floorboards. He had earned some good, heavy coin today. He saw no reason not to start spending it now. He removed his cloak and set it down on the stool next to him, folding it neatly before tossing fifty gold coins on the bar like it was nothing to him. When the drink came, Rand nodded his thanks to the bartender and sniffed the stout lauger before taking a draw.

soulpelt
08-05-2010, 10:57 AM
In the Dark alley ways of old Bowerstone ran a woman who was obviously pressed like a prostitute. She stopped looking around when she heard a click behind her. "Goodbye......bitch...." Said a lone figure in dark clothing as he pulled the trigger of his turret rifle, which sent the bullet into her spine and out of her. When she collapsed the figure saw that she had gotten blood on his shirt, "Even before dying you can not but help to make a mess......" Then he put the barrel of the gun to her head and sent the final shot into her skull

Soon the figure was in the streets of Old Bowerstone everyone who saw him ran into their houses, as if they could protect him from this man. This man whose name was James Crane, know better as 'The Fiend'. Making his way into Bowerstone Plaza he went into the Tavern and ordered him. looking over at hte Bartender he said, "I'll have the best also....but if you wish to live I can only pay forty gold coins." The man soon reconized his face and paled viasably. James put the forty coins down on the bar and whenever he got his drink he took small sips, not wanting to get drunk today. Then his bright blue eyes looked at a robed man and James smiled ever so slightly, so the Blademaster WAS here after all, even he would have a hard time killing that man, but unless he was hired to kill him he would not try to kill him, atleast unless the man buggered him like an arse.

Getting up from the bar he sat down at a table farthest from the bar, but he did not relax, he hadn't relaxed ever since he was three years old. His bright blue eyes looked over the patrons of the bar, He reconized a few of them as potentional assassination victims, particually one of the shop keppers who semed so drunk booze was practically coming out of his ears, and he was starting tl smell like a swamp Troll. The only reason James did not shoot the man was becuase he didn't want to be over whelmed by drunkards and guards.

Dr. Dream
08-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Lucius had finished his beer and watched as two more people walked into the bar, as if it was not crowded enough, it was around eleven pm which was the time where the riff raft of Bowerstone liked to come out. Reaching into his pocket Lucius took out his coin purse once again, he counted out ten coins and placed it on the counter, "There is no need to be afraid of bastards like this man, next time I suggest you use that Blunderbuss under your counter and make the bastard pay for his drink!" Lucius said with anger. Lucius walked out of the bar purposely bumping into the man who payed less for his drink.

soulpelt
08-05-2010, 07:39 PM
James laughed at what the man said but when eh ran into him on purpose he very well near shot him on that spot....but something stopped him, whatever it was he did not know. his bright blue eyes watched the man as he left and said, "I would watch your back tonight my firend.......for a Fiend may come after you." He chuckled abit and sighed, these were times he wished he was in Bloodstone, where everyone feared and respected him. Taking a deep gulp of his beer James left, and started for the front gate. The person who hired him said he would meet them there.

Dr. Dream
08-05-2010, 07:58 PM
That bastard thinks I should be afraid! I have half a mind to go back to that Tavern and slit his throat were he sits! Lucius thought to himself as he walked to 'Swords & Guns' which was Lucius's Weapons Shop, it was not always his though, he used to work as an assistant Blacksmith to Ogler. Ogler passed away three months ago and in his will he left the Blacksmith Shop to Lucius. Ever since Lucius became the head Blacksmith he started to save the majority of gold coins he made, he was hoping to get around ten thousand. Once he had ten thousand he would move the Weapons shop out to Oakville and buy a farm and try to make a family, but that was all a dream, but it seemed as if the dream would come true soon enough. Lucius arrived at the shop within minutes, he unlocked the door and walked in, the shop was also his home, once Ogler passed away his house went on sale because there was nothing about it in his will, that house was where Lucius had lived, so he bought a bed and used the spare room of the shop as his bedroom. Lucius locked everything up before heading to bed, he was to tired to undress so he just collapsed onto his bed closed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

The man ran through the woods of Brightwood, nighttime was coming. Using all his energy the man ran as fast as he could, but as he ran he was not paying attention to the ground, he tripped over an old log. Three tall men in dark robes ran towards the man as he tried to get up off the ground, but they got there before he did.

"ALBION IS OURS! NOTHING WILL STOP US!" Yelled one of the cloaked men as he grabbed a dagger from his hip, he shoved it towards the man but before the dagger hit Lucius awoke, sweat running down his face, he was panting, as if he was the one running, but it was a dream.

"It was just a dream... just a dream... dammit!" Lucius said. He rested his head on his pillow and tried to fall back asleep, as his eyes Lucius heard massive amounts of gunshots, he jumped out of bed and looked out the window, he saw Bandits attack Bowerstone. Lucius quickly ran downstairs and grabbed his rifle, he ran out into the Town Square in effort to help fend off the Bandits.

soulpelt
08-05-2010, 08:08 PM
James watched the man walk off to the blacksmiths. If he ever got a contract o nthat man he knew the best way to kill him was to go up the stairs and into the bed room. Shrugging he made his way into the darkest part of Bowerstone Plaza and there he saw the perso nwho had hiredh im, a man in a black robe. "I took pleasure in ending herl ife....though she got my shirt dity." He laughed abit and took the money as the man handed it to him and walked off.

Closing his eyes he started to go over the various contracts he had yet to complete and were pending. Atleast three would be ready by tomarrow. His musings were soon cut short by the gunshots. Opening his bright blue eyes he heard even more. He knew the sound of those guns all too well, Bandits......but how had they gotten in? It didn't matter, James might have been a Fiend but even he didn't want to see Bowerstone fall to a bunch of nitwits.

running into the Plaza he ran into three bandits, all of whom were dead before they knew he had stumbled into them. One he stabbed through the neck while the others the stabbed them throug the gut, leaving his sword covered in gore. His bright blue eyes searched the Plaza, there were atleast fifty more bandits, and likely more on the way. Puttign away his sword he took out his clockwork turret rifle and started to kill bandits are far range, his creed was 'One shot, one kill." Though soon eh realized even he would be overwhelmed by the sheer number of the bastards.

Dr. Dream
08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Once Lucius had ran out into town he saw the man that was at the Cow and Corset earlier, he was fighting the Bandits also. Maybe he is not so bad after all Lucius thought. He began to shoot at the Bandits dispatching four of them within thirty seconds, as Lucius and the other man took out the Bandits Bowerstone Guards arrived along with some members of the Military, once they arrived the Bandits began to flee, but the Military followed them.

"That's right run you fucking Bandit scum! Stay out of Bowerstone!" Lucius yelled.

He turned around and began walking home, as he walked home a woman in red robes appeared out of no were.

soulpelt
08-09-2010, 06:13 PM
James laughed as the bandits ran away. He shot three with their back turns before they were out of range. his bright blue eyes watched as the man fro mthe tavern left to go into his house, but he saw that he was stopped bya strange woman in robes. This would be interesting.

Approaching slowly he said to Lucius, "Who is this?" He might have disliekd the man already but there was something about this woman who was...disconcerting. She seemed oddly familiar, but he couldn't quite place it.

Dr. Dream
08-11-2010, 09:37 PM
"I have no idea." Lucius replied. The woman began to speak, but Lucius was slightly distracted, the woman seemed very familiar.

"Hello Lucius, James, you may not know who I am but I know who you both are. I have known you your whole life, I have watched over you, I have got you out of every dangerous situation you have been in. I am Theresa, and you are heroes." Theresa said.

"Heroes? There has not been a hero in thirty years!?" Lucius said with shock and wonder.

"You may be shocked but you must believe me, you are heroes of the first bloodline. You are descendants of the first Archon. You will be the ones to defeat the force that threatens Albion. That old man you may have believed to be crazy was indeed telling the truth." Theresa replied.

"Descendants of the first Archon? What's an Archon?" Lucius asked.

"Archon's were the rulers of Albion in the Old Kingdom, there were very few Archon's because only four hundred years after the destruction of the Old Kingdom Albion became free, and instead of Archon's Albion was ruled by Kings." Theresa answered.

"You must be telling the truth. No one is mad enough to come up with a story like this, and if you really think we will be the ones that have to stop this threat attacking Albion then so be it." Lucius said.

"Good. But what of you James?" Theresa asked.

soulpelt
08-11-2010, 09:44 PM
his bright blue eyes studied the woman and said, "I know of some anciet history like that...so i know it's true, but I am the excact opposite of a 'Hero'...but I'd rather not see Albion fall to band of nitwits if it involves bandits. So count me in."James studied the mysterious woman, unsure on what do to now. The thought of him beign a 'Hero' was rather ineresting,

StormWolf
08-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Rand had been taking it easy in the Cow and Corset. Sure, bandits made their way in to the town; probably some idiot guard sleeping on duty. It was not of any concern to him. He had done his fair share of killing today, now he just wanted a nice drink.

The man that leapt in to the fray, the "Fiend", was obviously a very insecure individual. Every serial killer was. Rand's guess was that the man either had abusive parents or a small penis complex. Both got volitile with enough anger and a weapon in hand. Rand watched the fight with a critical eye, not missing a twitch. This Fiend was also a very sloppy man. He was swinging with anger, like he was chopping wood or forging iron. Ameteur.

What did pique the Blademaster's interest, though, was the apparation of a woman in a red hood. He could have sword he had seen that very woman in a dream several times, perhaps once as a child, as well. Whatever it was, it pulled Rand from his stool and brougt him over, but his hand was resting on his blade. He was able to hear the last several tones of the conversation.

"James? That is the true name of the infamous "Fiend"? Why am I not surprised." Rand aproached, walking with a serpentine kind of grace. He had a stride that spoke of sophistication and danger. The kind of stride that was part dancer, part scholar, part businessman, and part killer.

"My next guess was going to be Sloppy, because after seeing you fight, that is all that comes to mind."

Dr. Dream
08-12-2010, 02:59 AM
"Hello Rand, out of all the people here I thought you would be the one to be in battle. Nonetheless, Rand, like James and Lucius you are a hero. A great force is coming to Albion, you will have to stop it, along with three other heroes." Theresa said.

"Three other heroes? Where is the third?" Lucius asked.

"He has not arrived yet Lucius, he will be here soon though. I have already notified him of his heroism, but the awakening ceremony is impossible to do without all four heroes." Theresa said.

"So? Us four are the only heroes in Albion?" Lucius asked.

"Yes and no. There are only eight heroes that belong to the original bloodline. The other four are far to old to save Albion from this upcoming threat. There are also other heroes, they are able to use the life force of heroes that being will but they are not able to use it, or any other power as good as bloodline heroes." Theresa answered.

"Ah.. Well... I guess that clears everything up." Lucius said.

"Yes, indeed it does." Theresa replied.

soulpelt
08-12-2010, 02:26 PM
"And you Rand......I would call you Hobbe-Knocker, Small-croch, and Troll-Arse, and those aren't the only ones that come to mind." James said with a surprising calm vocie. As Theresa went on about Heroes he listened carefully, knowing his luck this 'Awakening' ceremony included making love to a Troll or some other nasty bugger.

"So....there are eight of the Archon bloodline, the others are ancient and decrepit, it figures Fate would do this. She is a nasty bich." James laughed abit and waited for Theresa to go on about their quest or whatever it was. If Rand was going to come then he couldn't have any 'fun'.

Ringman
08-12-2010, 09:10 PM
River walked amounst the path to bowerstone, it had been days sense the women in his dream told him to go to bowerstone. He was about half a mile to the entrance when he heard loud yeilling from te citys direction, he kept walking along the road to bowerstone when he could see the entrance. The only problem was that bandits were flouding out of the city. They went in all directions and didnt seem to notice River, exept for three of them who were the last to escape. The men were muscular and covered in leather armor and swords which looked like toys in their hands.

"Look at what we got here! HA HA well boys if we cant get from the citizens of bowerstone then we can take from this chump. Now hand us your money or else" One of the men said in a loud tone

River stood their, no expression on his face and his hands were at his sides. The bandits were baffled why he didnt respond to them so one broke the silence.

"Hey you moron! Did you hear us Give us the gold OR WE WILL SLICE YOU IN TWO" The bandit yellled

As before he stood their. One of the theives ran over to him and raised his blade. When he was about to strike River grabed the blade with his hands from each side. The bandit kept pushing down with all his might but the blade didnt budge in Rivers hands. After a few short seconds River laid a kick to the side of the bandits head, knocking him out. Another bandit ran over to River but he whiped behind the bandit and grabed his arm and came down on his elbow. The force of his punch made a part of his bone pop out of his arm. The last bandit stood their in terror, River walked over and raised his foot infront of his face. The bandit ran away in terror into the woods.

After he was done with all the bandits River walked over to the bowerstone gate and walked inside. He was suprized to see how the district was intact as it was after the large scale attack. When he walked over the bridge there is were he saw the women from his dream. He walked over their and found she was with three others.

"Your the one from my dreams" He quietly said to the woman.

Dr. Dream
08-12-2010, 11:19 PM
"River. You have arrived, we can now get on with the ceremony. Once we have arrived at the Chamber of Fate I will explain some things, and then we shall do the ceremony. Now hold my hand." Theresa said.

"Alright lets do this." Lucius said. He placed his hand on Theresa's hand and so did the others, once they all put there hands together they disappeared into a blue light. Not even a second later they were in a very poor lit cavern, Lucius looked around and saw old paintings on the wall.

"So...this is the chamber of fate?" Lucius asked.

"Yes, this was once the place were apprentices graduated from the heroes guild and officially became heroes, this is were your blood will awaken.'' Theresa said "Now, you must all be thinking why you have seen me in your dreams, this is because I to am apart of the Archon's Bloodline. Our blood is the same, we are family." Theresa said.

"What? We are related to each other... and you?" Lucius asked.

"That is correct. Now step on one of the circles you see on the ground." Theresa said to the group. Lucius obeyed and stood on a circle.

soulpelt
08-13-2010, 04:53 PM
James nodded and went over to the circle. If this involved kissing a Troll then he would kill Theresa. However he had to admit that the portiats were interesting, 'specially those with The Jack of Blades in them. He had read the legends on that demon and fro mwhat he understood that Jac kas some kind of demon or something, that or his 'mask' was a living thing, and if it was then he wasnted to find it, over power it with his will and use its power as his own.

"What does this ritual involve?" James asked the woman while he stood on the circle. He could sense great power here, and if wouldn't have surprised him if the a Troll popped out from the wall.

Dr. Dream
08-14-2010, 02:52 AM
"The ritual is nothing more then an awakening, once everyone steps in the circles you will feel pain then nothing at all, then more pain, then finally you will feel normal. And do not worry, there will be no Troll kissing." Theresa said.

Ringman
08-14-2010, 04:01 AM
River looked around the room, he looked over to one of the circles. It gave him a feeling like he was ment to stand on it. He walked over to the circle and steped on top, closing his eyes and taking a deep brethe

Theresa spoke of what the ritual would cause, an awaking of sorts but what kind. There would also be pain and then nothing but more pain after that. He knew that this was worth the pain that it would cause. For if the heros of albion are being summoned then a great threat must be afoot.

Dr. Dream
08-16-2010, 04:57 AM
Lucius, River, James, and Rand had all stepped in the circle and as soon as they were all on them a blue light engulfed there bodies, Lucius felt the pain running through him, but it was making him stronger, he could feel it, moments later the light went away, same with the pain. Lucius walked over to Theresa.

"So.. that was the awakening. It was not pleasant to say the lest. Well, enough of this what are we to do first?" Lucius asked.

"You will have to travel to Oakfield, there you will meet a hero, he reminds me of you Lucius. Once there you will have to recruit him, and get the weapon he used during his days as a hero. Currently he is a bard who tells the tales of his adventures." Theresa said.

"If that is what we must do first, then so be it." Lucius replied.

soulpelt
08-16-2010, 03:13 PM
The pain was nearly unbearable, but James knew worse pain than this. After it had ended, he didn't feel any different really, save for the aching in his arms and legs now. "So we go to get a crazy old bard......those guys annoy me so bad." He laughed abit and popped his neck, which crack loudly.

"When do we meet the other 'heores'?" James asked as he studied the portiat of Jack of Blades in his dragon form, it seemed that a hero had just barely defeated him and whoever it was their name had been lost to time.