PDA

View Full Version : Platinum

Paradokz
03-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Chapter 1: Out of Retirement

Oberbegriff Erfunden Lounge, Andermatt, Switzerland, May 19th, 2019, 23:32

Marshall took a drag of his Lucky Strike, "I know you didn't come halfway across the world to see a cover band. What is it?"
Marshall looked over his shoulder then turned, being handed a glass of whiskey. He passed the waitress a ten Euro note then turned back to Alex.
"Platinum Midnight."
"I knew using PPDC software would end up fucking me over. So, why do you need me if you already have the complete blueprint for it?"
"Kynetyk Delta."
"I haven't even written an eighth of it yet."
"Can you finish it in a month and a half?"
"Maaaaaybe."
"Dammit. How much?"

Alex and Marshall walked out of the Lounge, Marshall walking down the street, then Alex spoke, "One more thing..."

Paradokz
03-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Omega Midnight Status as of July 9th, 2017.

Overall Status: Non-Operational/Decomissioned
Damages: Heavy conn-pod and core systems damage.
ETR: N/A
Designed and pilot requested decomission, as well as request of no repairs to be performed. Currently on display of Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
Pilots:Ranger Marshall Rogers(resigned.) Ranger Jessica Rogers(deceased.)

Paradokz
03-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Andermatt, Switzerland, May 25th, 2019, 02:16

Marshall took a drag from the clear joint, speaking out smoke, "I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song... Never. Leave me para-"
Marshall stopped as he heard a buzz, then, "Trust you once my way. Everything zen, everything zen, I don't think so."
Marshall walked back into the bedroom from the balcony. He set his raspberry Arizona on his bedside stand then picked up his phone. He slid his finger across the screen and placed the phone to his ear, "Hello?"
"Is this Marshall Rogers?"
"Yes. Who's this?"
"Ashley Beckman."
"From...?"
"PPDC. So, I'm going to be in Geneva on Tuesday. You should buy me a cup of tea."
"... And why is that?"
"Well, if we're going to be copilots we should at least get to know each other first."
Marshall lowered his phone, "Dammit, Alex."

Paradokz
03-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Starbuck's, Geneva, Switzerland, May 28th, 2019.

Marshall placed the two mugs on the table, along with about 20 sugar packets. He sat down and counted out ten packets and ripped them open.
"I've dreamed of meeting you since Gnasher."
Marshall rose his eyes from the cup as he picked up a black narrow straw, "Turns out dreams can come true."
"Have you seen it yet?"
Marshall picked up another five packets and ripped them open, "Platinum?"
"Yeah."
"Not in real life, no."
"Can you let me know anything about it?"
"Nuclear vortex turbine, 100 milimeter cannon in the right arm, chain sword and sting blade on the left, shoulder mounted 20 inch cannon firing depleted uranium with armour piercing incendiary cores, jump and aerial assist rockets, carbon fiber hand and arm guards coated with a thin film of gold, plus upgraded hydraulics for ease of use. On that note, fluid injection injuries suck so bad. Have some pretty neat scars from those."
"How did that happen?"
"Broken glass at high velocities in conjunction with a shower of over 50 gallons of hydraulic fluid. Barely made the funeral."
"I'm sorry about your sister."
"...Me too."
Marshall took a drink of his tea, "Me too."
"Anyway, we're supposed to be at the IJRDF in about 20 minutes."

Paradokz
03-17-2014, 04:30 AM
o_O

1984 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5L16V, Geneva, Switzerland, May 28th, 2019

"I'm not sure if Alex told you, but I never agreed to be a pilot."
"You need to pilot."
Marshall moved his hand to the ashtray, flicking the ash of his Lucky Strike, then pulling the gearshift backwards, "Care to explain why?"
"Omega Midnight simulation. The OS."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm one of only three people who successfully operated that OS. It either makes perfect sense, or you can't do anything. They say it's about neural structure."
"So, why you instead of the other two?"
"Only one compatible with Moore."
"We'll see."

Paradokz
03-30-2014, 08:37 AM
(Not as high as I usually am when I write, but I'll try.)

Marshall's Office, Inland Jaegar Research and Development Facility (IJRDF), Geneva, Switzerland, June 3rd, 2019, 14:32.

C, D, B flat, F, C, B flat, F, F, C.
There was a knock on the door. Marshall looked away from his computer. He set the guitar down, placing his foot against his desk, then pushed off, slowly spinning 180 degrees in his office chair towards the door. He opened it, seeing Ashley in the doorway. He placed his foot against the wall and pushed off again, not turning this time, "Yes?"
"I got that copy of Nauthlus-4 Zirca Snyc you wanted. And something else."
"And what would that something else be?"
"Nothing much, and late, but I hope you like it. A birthday present."
"And I thought I was the only one who noticed."
Ashley walked across the room, handing a USB drive to Marshall, as well as 8x8x12" box. Marshall set the USB drive down on his desk and opened the box. He smiled as he pulled out the contents, action figures of Blood Tiger, Iron Reaper, Omega Midnight and Stalker White. Marshall turned and placed them on his desk, "Forgot one."
"Which?"
"Platinum Midnight."

Paradokz
04-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Marshall's Office, IJRDF, Geneva, Switzerland, June 20th, 2019. 03:34.

Marshall stared at the percent bar, then leaned back, "Automated function 3."
A model of Romeo Blue on his desk began to do the Hustle. Marshall watched it for a moment, then back to the computer, "Come on."

10:23

Marshall snapped awake, looking up at the computer monitor, "Oh, neat."
He looked next to him at the metallic box next to him, about as big as a minifridge.

Paradokz
04-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Jaegar Bay 2, IJRDF, OS and Pilot Drift Test, June 29th, 2019, 14:42

"Platinum Midnight, all systems are green, preparing for neural handshake."
"Roger that, control. Platinum Midnight ready for neural handshake."
"Initiating neural handshake in 5, 4, 3..."
Both pilots closed their eyes as their two minds merged with eachother's, then merged with the Jaegar, "We read you at 94%, 92%, Midnight, you are coming out of alignment."
Ashley looked over to Marshall, his eyes wide opened and glazed, then the cockpit filled with a electronic voice, "Warning, right hemisphere memory lock, shutting down weapon systems."

Marshall's eyes shifted slightly as he watched the black and teal fist cock back, then the sound of shattering glass, and twisting and snapping metal.

"Aborting test."
Ashley looked over at Marshall again as the jaegar spoke once more, "Terminating neural handshake."
Marshall fell onto his arms and knees as Ashley tore off her helmet, running to Marshall and dropping on her knees.

Paradokz
04-09-2014, 04:49 AM
Marshall's Quarters, IJRDF, June 30th, 2019, 02:32

Marshall opened his door, then turned into his room, downing half a beer mug full of a transparent, cloudy-white liquid, "Wasn't the first time."
MArshall opened his mini-fridge, pulling out a pitcher of the same liquid and refilled the glass as Ashley sat down on the sofa, "What's that?"
"A special protein complex that I need to drink 4 gallons of a week indefinitely. But yeah. About half of the time, Iron Reaper couldn't be deployed. Always a memory lock. After Kayla, before I was inactivated, I just couldn't pull it together."
Marshall picked up a Lucky Strike from the counter and lit it, "And every night, it's Vlad. Every night I relive that moment when my sister, my best friend, died."
Marshall took a long drag from his cigarette, "...And it's all my fault."

Paradokz
05-12-2014, 12:32 PM
Chapter 2: Medical Issues

Oberbegriff Erfunden Lounge, Adermatt, Switzerland, July 30th, 2019, 22:53
Marshall took his right hand from his guitar, placing it on the mic, "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breate out, breathe in."
As he said the final, "breathe in," he strummed all the strings of his guitar, then spoke once more, "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in."
He strummed all the strings, then C flat minor, A, C flat minor, "Tied to a wheel, our fingers got to feel, bleeding through a tourniquet smile. I spin on a whim, I slide to the right, I felt you like electric light. For our love, for our fear, for our rise against the years and years and years."
E, A flat, C flat minor, A, E, then repeated, "Got a machine head, better than the rest, green to red, machine head. Got a machine head, better than the rest, green to red..."
F flat and A, "I walk from my machine, I walk from my machine..."
C flat, D flat, E and F flat, then reached to the mic again, "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in."
C flat minor, A, C flat minor, "Deaf dumb and dirty, started to deserve this, leaning on my conscious wall. Blood is like wine, unconscious all the time, if I had it all again I'd change it all."
E, A flat, C flat minor, A, E, "Got a machine head, it's better than the rest, green to red, machine head. Got a machine head, it's better than the rest, green to red. I walk from my machine, I walk from my machine."
He pulled his right hand from his guitar, waited eight measures, then C flat, D flat, E and F flat, "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe in, breathe iiiinnnnn. Got a machine head! It's better than the rest! Green to red! Machine head! Got a machine head! Better than the rest! Green to red!"
Two measure, "Better than the rest!"
Another two measures, "Better than the rest!"
Two more measures, "Machine head head head head head head."
F flat and A, "I walk from my machine."
Two measures, "I walk from my machiiiiiine."
Marshall's guitar, along with the backup, bass and drums reverberated, as a modest applause was heard. Above the quiet applause he heard one enthusiastic applause, he looked up, a girl with platinum blonde hair with blue and pink highlights.
Ashley.

"Just Bush?"
"Bush, some Statistics, some Intramural, even a couple Owl City songs. Just whatever's fun to play."
"So this is what you've been doing for the past month?"
"Not really."
"Then what?"
Marshall looked around, "Let's go to my place."

Marshall's House, Adermatt, Switzerland, July 31st, 2019, 00:23.

"So why did we come here?"
"Because I wanted to be absolutely sure the PPDC doesn't find out I've been hiding kidney cancer for almost 4 years."
"Cancer?"
"That stuff I was drinking, HAMLET."
"HAMLET?"
"Human alpha-lactalbumin made lethal to tumor cells."
"... Which is?"
"A derivative of human breast milk. It helped make the cancer smaller, then I had to keep it on it and wait for a transplant."
"Transplant?"
"Lost my first kidney completely to it. Had to have it removed before it could spread."
"Do you know what caused it?"
"Radiation from Blood Tiger. Kayla... They couldn't do anything..."

Marshall's house, July 31st, 2019, 10:32

Marshall had a blank look in his eyes as he walked to the refrigerator, opened it, pulled out a 24 ounce red and white checkered, can, shook it, then walked over to the sink, "Good morning to you too,"
Marshall's hand closed, crushing the can slightly, causing raspberry tea to run down his hands, "You scared me."
"You didn't forget I was here, did you?"
"...Maybe."
"I made you breakfast. You should eat, we need to be at the JIRDF. Oh yeah, we're being deployed to Vladivostok."
"When?"
"In about two weeks."
"... Okay."
"Ago."
"What?!"

Paradokz
05-24-2014, 03:05 AM
IJRDF, Geneva, Switzerland, July 31st, 2019, 12:21
"Where the fuck have you been?"
"Busy."
"You were supposed to-"
"Be in Vladivostok two weeks ago."
"And we're not even-"
"We'll suit up."

"This is Platinum Midnight, all systems read green, ready for neural handshake."
"Roger that Platinum Midnight, initiating neural handshake in ten.
Marshall closed his eyes, clearing his mind, "Initiating neural handshake."
The feeling of two minds melding together, but this was different. He heard whispers, "A desire for social interaction, physical contact, affection or support may lead you to make poor judgments of decisions in multiple areas."
"Wasn't you."
"All your fault."
"It isn't."
"She's dead and you're to blame."
Silence for a moment, then he heard a shout, "MAKE US WHOLE!"
Marshall raised his right hand, the jaeger mimicing the movements. Ashley raised her left hand, the left hand of the jaeger rising, "Platinum Midnight, neural handshake at 98% and holding."
"Roger that control. Mark this one up as a successful test."
"Affirmative Platinum Midnight, next test will be in Vladivostok. You'll need to pack up."
"Wilco, Platinum out."

Paradokz
05-26-2014, 02:21 AM
Chapter 4: The Pain

Rangers' Quarters, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 4th, 2019, 01:22.
Marshall looked to his door as he her a knock, then turned his eyes back to the picture in his hand. He wiped a tear from his eye as there was another knock, "Go away!"
"No!"
He looked to the picture again, until he heard a voice from behind the door, "I'm not leaving!"
Marshall set the picture on his bed and stood up, grumbling various German profanities as he walked to the door. He opened the door, seeing Ashley on the other side, "Yes?"
"What are you doing up this late?"
"Not sleeping. Not dreaming. Always the same one and always hurts just as much as the night before. If I don't sleep, I can't dream."
"Can I come in?"
Marshall didn't have time to answer as Ashley walked in. She walked to the bed and picked up the picture, "Is this Jessie?"
"... It's everything."
"What do you mean?"

Andermatt, Switzerland, June 12th, 2010, 15:38.

Marshall opened the door, a police officer standing on the other side, "Can I help you?"
"Do you mind if I come in?"
"Sure."
Marshall stepped aside, letting the officer in. The officer looked to Marshall, "You should sit down."
Marshall sat down as he was approached slowly by the officer, "There's been an accident."

Construction Site, Geneva, Switzerland, April 19th, 2011, 14:57

Marshall dropped the bag of cement and fell to his knees, struggling to keep his eyes open. He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth as he felt intense stomach pains. He opened his eyes and looked to the clock, "Two more hours."
He slowly stood, walking back to the pickup to grab another bag of cement.

Marshall closed the door and dropped his backpack, then heard the sound of soft footsteps coming his way.
He felt a pair of arms wrap around him, "Missed you."
Marshall put his arms around Jessie, "Missed you to."
"How was work?"
"It was work. How about I make you some dinner and you tell me about school?"
"Sure."

"When you're 16 in Switzerland, you don't have alot of job opportunities. Especially ones that pay sufficiently if you're providing for two people.
When my parents died, I dropped out of school to work. Jessie stayed in school. Things were tight back then. Barely making enough to pay rent, and after rent only having the budget to buy food for one person.
I was living on less than a quarter of the calories I needed for four years. I couldn't count how many times I went to bed hungry. But I promised to myself that there would never be a night when Jessie went to bed without a full stomach, and there never was.
That was my life for four years. Get up, work my hands to the bone, come home and do it all again, just for her. But after the first few kaiju attacks, I signed up for a 'military experiment.'
So I joined the military, gave my entire signing bonus to Jessie and entered the jaeger academy. I was making enough to pay for Jessie and myself, but I wouldn't see her very much."
Marshall slowly took the picture from Ashley, it was from a photo booth, Jessie looked as if she was about to burst out laughing as Marshall was kissing her cheek, "Back then, I was happy. I was engaged to an amazing girl, Jessie was at the top of her class, and to top it off, I was a hero."
Marshall put the picture onto his bedstand, "I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for her. After Kayla... After Kayla the only thing I cared about was Jessie... Then she was my copilot.
I was the right hemisphere. I was the one who pulled back, making us open for that hit. I was the fault she died, Ashley. Imagine going to sleep every night and being reminded of what you did. Your best friend, everything you ever cared about, gone. And it's all your fault. I really don't want to do this anymore. Every night since then, every time I've gone to sleep hoping I don't wake up so I don't have to go through another day knowing what I've done. Now I have the entire planet relying on me.
I just don't know what to do Ashley. I've been so lost for so long."
Ashley stepped to Marshall raising her hand to wipe a tear from Marshall's eyes. Aqua eyes locked onto purple eyes, one redder than the other. The two pairs of eyes closed as Marshall tilted his head slightly to the right.

Paradokz
06-07-2014, 10:41 AM
(Not as high as I usually am, but I'll try.)

Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 4th, 2019, 12:35

"You're lucky we need both of you to pilot this, or else you both would be relieved by now."
"I guess I am."
The screen on the chest of Marshall's suit tilted forward, and a small set of arms holding pieces of metal and carbon approached his face. The arms retracted as the pieces of metal and carbon formed into the helmet, then contracted slightly for a seal, "We have a test to do."

Pilot Drift Test 3, Equipment and Weapons Test 1, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 4th, 2019, 13:10

Marshall looked over to Ashley, "Ready?"
"Ready."
Marshall pressed a button on the console, "Platinum Midnight, ready for drop."
"Roger Platinum, dropping in 10."
Marshall moved his hand away from the console, looking through the three slots in his helmet at the front of the conn-pod, then he felt weightless as the pod dropped.
The two were forced to crouch as the pod stopped it's descent. The conn-pod rotated two full rotations counter-clockwise before it locked into place. The turbine in the center of the jaeger's chest began spinning, and began glowing blew as the massive train car, formerly used to transport the Buran shuttle and its Energia booster, began moving forward as the Bay 3 door slid open.

"Platinum Midnight, ready for neural handshake."
"Engaging neural handshake in 15."
Marshall looked over to Ashley again, "Don't dig. You don't want to see what's in here."
Ashley nodded, and the pair closed their eyes.
"Your fault."
"You didn't do anything wrong."
"She's gone and you're to blame."
"It's not true."
"You know it's true."
"Don't listen."
"MAKE US WHOLE!"
The two pairs of eyes shot open.

Paradokz
06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Platinum Midnight DT3-EWT1 Results:
Drift Results: Peak at 99%, low of 94%. Successful
Equipment and Weapon Results: All weapons and systems working near maximum efficiency. Successful.

Rangers' Quarters, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 4th, 2019, 15:23

Marshall passed the clear, burning cone to Ashley, who then put the tip in her mouth and took a long drag.
Marshall stood up, and walked to his bookshelf, "You know we're in a little bit of trouble, right?"
Ashley responded with a coughing fit. After she caught her breath, "Why?"
Marshall pulled a book from his bookshelf and flipped through it, then stopped, "PPDC Guidlines, Section 4, Pilot Interaction, Paragraph 7, relationships. 'Romantic relationships between unwed pilots is prohibited due to possible emotional strain inherent with romantic relationships.'
But they need us."
Ashley took another long puff from the blunt, and went into another coughing fit. As she gained her breath again she handed the blunt to Marshall, "Isn't this illegal?"
Marshall took the blunt and took a puff, "Yes, and possession under 6 grams is punishable by a fine of 500-1,000 rubles."
"Which is...?"
"About $15-$30 US. Which is negligible. Especially if your bank has 11.5% interest."
"By the way, how long did it take you to find this?"
"Don't worry about that. Anyway, leave in a month. And I do have something planned."

Paradokz
07-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Chapter 5: Make a Wish/Redeployed

Rangers' Quarters, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 4th, 2019, 19:38

Ashley banged on Marshall's door. Marshall looked over and shouted, "Go away!"
Ashley sighed, walking across the hall to her quarters.

20:00

Ashley knocked on the door, and it opened, showing Marshall in the doorway, his quarters dimly lit by two candles on a small table in the center of the room. He walked to the table and pulled out a chair, "Have a seat. A fan of wine?""I guess. What kind?"
"2010 Serge Roh Les Ruinettes Amigne de Vétroz Grand Cru."
"What is it?"
"Amigne white wine."
Marshall opened his refrigerator, pulling out a bucket containing two bottles, a bottle of the aforementioned wine and a purplish blue Gazosa Mirtillo soda. He uncorked the wine, pouring Ashley a glass, then uncapped the soda then poured himself a glass. He walked to the kitchen area, picking up two covered platters. He walked back to the table, placing one platter in front of Ashley, and another in front of his seat. He took the cover off Ashley's platter, revealing a chicken-fried steak, mashed potatoes with beef gravy as well as a piece of cornbread, Marshall sat down across from her and took the cover of his platter, "Happy Birthday."

20:43

"There's still more."
Marshall stood up, picking up both empty plates and walking to the kitchen. He closed the fridge, placing the object he retrieved in front of him, blocking it from Ashley's view. He pulled the Zippo from his pocket and struck it. After a few moments he turned around, holding a chocolate frosted cake with 21 candles burning on top. He set the cake down, "Make a wish."
Ashley stared at the cake for a moment, before she smiled and took one deep breath, then blew out all 21 candles.

Paradokz
07-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Marshall's Quarters, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 5th, 2019, 03:04

"Platinum Midnight, Доклад к заливу ноль три. Категория 3 под кодовым названием Kodiak."
Marshall sat up, looking around the room. He looked to his side, "Category 3, let's go."

"Pilot zu pilot protokoll anfangen."
Marshall reached to the control panel, typing in a few buttons, then the electronic voice of the jager spoke, "English applied to commands.
Pilot to pilot protocol initializing."
The hand controllers floated into the pairs hands, "Platinum Midnight, ready for drop."
The familiar feeling of weightlessness as the conn-pod slid down it's rails, then stopped as it was lowered onto the jaeger's shoulders, then made one complete clockwise rotation.
"Neural handshake in 10."
MArshall looked over to Ashley, "This is for real."

"Ваши заказы, для перехвата и нейтрализовать"
"Позитивных, перехода на перехват."

The jaeger walked from the dome, water rising to it's knees, leaving a wake behind each leg as it took a step. The jager then stopped as the kaiju rose. It looked like a massive bipedal alligator, with no visible eyes. Three mandibles then split open, two on the top of the head, one larger on the bottom, showing it's true head. The kaiju then let out a roar as it looked upon the jaeger.
Flat white paint with metallic silver flakes, the conn-pod taking it's design from Coyote Tango, as well as the knees and the forearms. The ends of the elbow were taken from Tacit Ronin. The torso held the same basic shape as Coyote Tango, with the exception of the nuclear vortex turbine. Along it's back were eight rockets, two on the back of either thigh, knee, and feet. The hands were a pale yellow colour, from the gold film covering them.
The kaiju let out another roar and charged, the chain sword and stingblades on the left arm extended, then the arm cocked back.

Paradokz
07-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Marshall's Quarters, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 5th, 2019, 12:19

Ashley opened her eyes, then sat up and stretched. She looked to Marshall, sitting at the small table, with a fifth of Johnett whiskey, a whisky glass with whiskey stones, an ashtray, and a pack of Lucky Strikes. Marshall picked up the glass, downing it's contents in one gulp. He took a drag from his Lucky Strike then propped his left elbow on the table, raising his arm to rest his head on his hand.
He stared into space for a moment, before lifting his head and reached for the glass and bottle.
He was halfway uncorking the bottle when he heard a voice, "Good morning."
Marshall paused for a moment, then pulled the cork from the bottle, and poured himself a drink into his glass. "What's wrong?"
Marshall took a drink from his glass, then set it back on the table, "It was worse last night."
He took a drag from his cigarette before turning to look at Ashley, "I'm not sure how much longer I can do this."

Paradokz
07-31-2014, 03:57 AM
Chapter 6: Never Again

Marshall's Quarters, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 7th, 2019, 04:23"What's going on?"
"All pilots to report to drivesuit room immediately."

"Иначе никак. Категории шесть."
The entire room fell quiet, then the silence was broken, "Категории шесть?!"
Ashley leaned over to Marshall, "What does, 'Категории шесть' mean?"
"Category six."
"Category six?!"
"That's what he said."
A scientist ran into the room and to the Marshall, "Вызов из Лос-Анджелеса."
The Marshall excited the room, the room then filling with voices.
A few minutes passed, and the Marshall returned, "Перемещение и радиации был вызван прототип нам глубокое море подводной лодки. Уволен."
The pilots grumbled as they exited the room, "What did he say?"
"Prototype sub. Back to sleep, yay."

Marshall's Office, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 7th, 2019, 16:35
"Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena, que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena, dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena, Heeeeey Macarena!"
"What are you doing?"
Marshall spun around in his chair to face Ashley, "Programmieren Coyote Tango zu tun das Macarena."
"English?"
"Programming Coyote Tango to do the Macarena."
"Are you-"
"VERY."
Marshall slid to the side, showing a small model of Coyote Tango doing the Macarena, "He's my little buddy. Does pretty much everything."
"Can he roll blunts?"
"NEVER AGAIN."
"What happened?"
"Never. Again."

Marshall's Office, Inland Jaeger Research and Development Facility (IJRDF), Geneva, Switzerland, February 9th, 2017, 17:02

"JESUS CHRISTUS MEIN AUGE!!!"

Marshall's Office, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 7th, 2019, 16:37
"Never. Again."

Paradokz
08-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Marshall's Office, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 13th, 2019, 13:35

Marshall moved the top page to the back of the small stack of papers in his hand. Torn black metal accompanying shattered teal glass. He moved on to the next picture. In the middle of the conn-pod was where Marshall stood when he fought the kaiju, a destroyed pilot chassis towards the back.
There was a knock on his door.

Paradokz
08-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Marshall's Quarters, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 17th, 2019, 10:16

Marshall let the water drip off his face as he looked in the mirror. He looked down to the sink, and a single blue hair caught his eye.
Marshall took a step back, cocking back his right arm.
Large shards of the mirror fell onto the floor, followed shortly after by more shards, the blood on them slowly running onto the floor.
Marshall unballed his fist, looking at his torn knuckles and fingers. He leaned forward, resting his left hand on the bare wall.
Blood dripped into the sink, turning pink as the tears fell.

Undisclosed Location, August 17th, 2019, 08:43

"Initiating solo pilot protocol. Reconfiguring hardware."
Ashley's eyes shot open, she attempted to sit up but was restrained by her bedding. She slowly wiped cold sweat from her forehead, looking to the clock.

Paradokz
08-16-2014, 11:39 PM
Chapter 7: Midnight

Marshall's Office, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 23rd, 2019, 14:58

Marshall's eyes shifted to the side as he heard a knock on the door, "Come in."
He diverted his eyes back to the monitor, taking a drag of his Lucky Strike. He heard the door close and footsteps across the room, "Marshall, I want to-"
"You don't need to. It was my fault. It's just that it's a sensitive subject."
A tall blonde man with blue eyes looked at the monitor, "What's that?"
"Omega Midnight blueprints."
"... It was a great jaeger."
"No. It had great pilots."
Marshall looked to the door as the alarm started to sound, "We need to go."

Paradokz
08-17-2014, 01:57 AM
"400 метрах к востоку."
"Copy that, LOCCENT."
Marshall looked to his right, "Ready?"
Yuri nodded, "Do this."
The jaeger started running, the stingblades and chain sword extending from the left arm. The kaiju exploded out of the water, lunging with it's large tusk. Platinum sidestepped, grabbing the tusk with it's left hand, delivering a blow to the underside of it's head with it's right. The jaeger cocked it's fist back again, delivering another blow. The left hand released as the jaeger stepped back, then there was a slash, digging deep into the kaiju's chest. It fell face down, motionless. Platinum crouched down.
"Right hemisphere error, no pilot detected, terminating drift."
Marshall looked from the piece of glass in his side to in front of him, hydraulic fluid dripping all over the cockpit, "Pale horse."
"Voice command accepted. Require confirmation code."
"...Pale rider."
"Reconfiguring hardware, initiating single pilot protocols."
Platinum slowly rose to it's feet, facing the kaiju. Platinum cocked it's fist back, delivering a hard blow to the head. Platinum grabbed the horn with it's right hand. The massive shoulder mounted cannon pivoted down.
A huge smoking casing fell into the ocean, and so did the kaiju, missing the top half of it's head, which fell seconds after.
Marshall herd an urgent beep and turned around. The ride left side of the torso was torn off by the head of a shovelnose. Marshall screamed in pain, holding his left side, "C-c-catastroph-ph-phic d-d-damage. Shuting-ing-ing down-n-n-n."
The jaeger stumbled backward, then fell, landing in a sitting position against a hill, the right half of the con-podd missing as well as the major damage to the torso.
The kaiju began walking toward the city, then there were two loud booms. The kaiju turned.
A massive splash accompanied by clouds of steam. From the middle of the cloud flew two massive pieces of ceramic. In the center of the cloud there was a bright white light, and under it a circle glowing a dull blue.

Chapter 8: Wish Come True

Paradokz
08-19-2014, 03:11 AM
The two lights slowly began to descend, then streaked away. A rolling cloud of steam, accompanied by the sound of rapid explosions, then silence as water settled, broken by the sound of bones cracking. The jaeger fell into the water and rolled to it's feet.
The shape of Tacit Ronin, with a less pronounced chest and a vortex turbine, on it's right arm was a fangblade, on the left a pair of stingblades attached to what looked like a buckler.
The water on the flat black and teal paint glittered in the sun.
Omega Midnight.

The kaiju stood up and roared, it's bottom jaw swinging freely. Omega crouched again, streaking to the kaiju once again. Omega landed a heavy hit to the kaiju's chest. It pulled it's fist back, the fangblade covered in glowing blood, smoke rising from the blade. Omega stepped back as the kaiju slowly rose. Omega whipped it's left arm, the stingblade launching from it's arm, tethered by a steel cable. The cable swang and hit the kaiju in the neck, wrapping around. The stingblades flipped backward, capturing the cable. It was pulled off it's feet then was dragged toward Omega.
The kaiju stood, then was pulled off it's feet, it's face landing against the right fist of Omega. Omega stomped on the kaiju's chest as the steel cable was retracted. The cable stuttered to a stop, then Omega began lifting it's left arm. The kaiju screeched as blood began to emerge from underneath the cable, then went silent as the cable fell out of the stingblades. Omega looked at the kaiju for a moment then turned, running down the beach toward the downed Platinum Midnight.

Marshall's eyes opened. He slowly rose to his feet, holding his left side. It was a pitch black corridor, a pinpoint of light in the distance. He began slowly walking toward the pinpoint. As the pinpoint grew larger his pace quickened, until he was at a slow run, "Jessie!? Jessie!"
His feet faltered, then he stumble and fell into open arms. Marshall looked up, "Kayla..."
"Hey Marshall."
"...Are you-"
"Marshall, it's what I wanted you to do. She needs you."
"...Jessie..."
Marshall fell onto his knees as his support vanished. He looked up, silky flowing black hair, deep violet eyes, against of backdrop of elegant wings. Marshall stood up, falling into Jessie, "Every day... I'm so sorry."
"It's okay Marshall. It was my idea."
"Wh-"
"Right hook. I thought of it first."
"But..."
"Marshall, you have a world that needs you. I'm sorry, but I need to go now."
Jessie drifted away from Marshall, "No, don't go!"
A sudden white-hot pain across his chest, "No!"
The same pain except more intense, "Please!"
His eyes shot open, his vision blurry. His vision slowly cleared. He was looking at a black and teal drivesuit, the name on it reading, "J. ROGERS"
"...Jess..."
He moved his eyes forward, seeing Ashley, blood flowing from her nose, crying thick, deep pink tears, "Marshall..."

Infirmary, Vladivostok Shatterdome, August 28th, 2019, 15:39

Marshall opened his eyes. He felt someone sit on his bed and grab his hand. He looked to the side, seeing Ashley. Ashley leaned toward Marshall, "Guess what."
"What?"
"I love you."
Ashley kissed Marshall on the forehead, "So Ashley. What the fuck?"

Experimental Orbital Jaeger Launch Platform, August 23rd, 2019, 15:12 Vladivostok Time

"I'm going."
"You're going to kill yourself!"
"I don't care, spin up! Get it ready."

Ashley walked into the conn-pod, "Get out."
The workers looked at her, "We don't have the second set of hy-"
"I don't need them."

The jaeger moved forward, standing on a ceramic half sphere. The jaeger stopped, and was enclosed with two thick slabs of ceramic.
"Code accepted. Enter confirmation code."
"Initiating solo pilot protocol. Reconfiguring hardware."
The jaeger dropped and fell down, straight towards Vladivostok.

Paradokz
08-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Experimental Deep Sea Submarine USS James Garfield, Challenger Deep, Pacific Ocean, August 7th, 2019, 04:23

"Venting."
The hot water rushed out of the submarine into the cold waters. The submarine slowly shook as loud clunking of compressed metal was heard.

Hidden by the presence of the submarine, the shovelnose moved across the ocean floor.

Paradokz
09-01-2014, 03:10 AM
Chapter 9: Memories of a Machine

Ashley closed her eyes, "Initiating Drift."

The black hand scraped lightly against the shoulder, before both hands were place on the jaegers hips, the head turning to the side.

The massive black metal hand slammed into the kaiju's face, the kaiju stumbling.

The jaeger flew through the air, pulling it's right fist back, then slamming into the kaiju.

It was already dead, but the fists kept dealing blow after blow, breaking down the kaiju's skull even more, "Marshall!"

Ashley opened her eyes, then she was forced to crouch as the pod hit the ground. She stood as the sides of the pod exploded away as the cloud of steam engulfed Omega Midnight.
A red box appeared inside the conn-pod, Ashley slowly crouched.
Every time a foot hit the ground it was accompanied by a rocket boost, the jaeger emerged from the steam and launched into the air, pulling it's right fist back.
Omega tumbled into the water then stood, the fang blade on the right arm extending.
The kaiju fell back as Omega pulled the smoking blade.
Ashley stepped back, retracting the fang blade, pulling the left arm back.
The cable traveled in a wide arc, hitting the kaiju in the neck and wrapping around. The sting blades flipped back to catch the cable, and the kaiju was pulled off it's feet.
The kaiju stood, then was pulled off it's feet, it's face meeting a hard right hand hook. The kaiju fell again, and the foot was planted firmly on the kaiju's chest.
"Omega Midnight, come in."
The cable retracted, Ashley's heaving breating pushing blood down her lip. The cable stuttered to a stop. Ashley pulled up her right arm slowly, he breathing intensifying, he vision growing blurry. She gritted her teeth, using all her strength to pull up the right arm, emitting a growl, that slowly grew. As the cable grew tight Ashley screamed as the head rolled down the beach. The cable retracted as Ashley looked at the blurry image of the dead kaiju. It then turned, running towards the downed Platinum Midnight.

Paradokz
09-01-2014, 03:17 AM
"Charging!"
"Wait!"
The tape was pulled tight, then pressed against Marshall's abdomen, "Clear!"
Marshall arced his back, then fell flat, a finger pressed against his neck, "Nothing."
"Charging...Clear!"
Marshall fell flat again, Ashley kneeling down, placing her hand on Marshall's cheek, "Please..."
Ashley fell as she felt a jolt go through her body, placing her hands down in the sand. She started to sob, "Marshall..."
She felt a hand placed against her cheek, "I'm here..."