PDA

View Full Version : •OOC•The Succession of Shifters

Biophysicist
08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6182/gurl.png
My child, listen to what I say, for the delivery of this message was triggered by my passing to the worlds beyond the worlds. I am curious as to how my death will affect reality. On one level, nothing will happen. The infinite worlds will survive, as will the Eternal Stair linking them. But on another level, everything will happen. Due to the bizarre natures of time, I have been unable to dictate a successor to my empire across the infinities, so I find myself forced to leave the issue up to you and your siblings. I have my preferences as to who will claim my now-vacant throne, but will they be followed? An interesting question.

The Final Message of Tasmos Imr, First Lord of the Eternal Stair

So, what is this? That's a question with a very simple yet simultaneously complex answer. This is The Succession of Shifters (or just Shifters, for short), an RP which tells the story of a power struggle between the many children of Tasmos Imr, a patriarch who died rather suddenly, leaving his interdimensional empire without a leader - and nature abhors a vacuum. Note the word "interdimensional". Tasmos was not a great Earthly king - you won't hear of him in any history books - but a king of a much grander empire. He was given the power to Shift between the various existences using a magical and mental construct known as the Eternal Stair. With this power, along with others such as nigh immortality, and assisted by his children and allies, Tasmos carved out a dominion for himself stretching from Earth to the existences at the bottom and weirdest point of reality, stopping just short of the ones where raw Chaos reigns supreme - for to Shift into one of them would be instant destruction.

Now that Tasmos is dead, our characters (collectively known as the Shifters) will be fighting for his throne. There are no rules to this war, not even the ones of physics - except a few OOC rules affecting character design and so on, which I will list now. In other words, the next part of this post will outline the various rules you, the player, must adhere to.

1) The universal rules. Anyone breaking one of those rules shall find themself being devoured by a rabid crocodile.
2) Your character has the following powers:
---Shifting. Your characters have the ability to travel between universes using the Eternal Stair, in the same way Tasmos did before he died. Entering the Eternal Stair requires a Shifter to be currently traversing stairs. After entering it, Shifters simply move up or down the Eternal Stair until they reach the world they want to depart at, and then materialize on any staircase, with the option to choose either any staircase at random (that doesn't pose immenent danger if used) or one that they have seen before.
---Extended lifespan. Shifters live for centuries, and Tasmos himself was 1337 years old when he died.
---Disguise. This ability is not instrinct to Shifters, but given to them by artifact-level magic rings crafted by Tasmos himself. Each ring gives its bearer the ability to blend in with the native population of a world, as long as said population is humanoid, and to talk to them, even if they are not humanoid.
---Domination. Any non-Shifter may be commanded by a Shifter, assuming the creature in question is friendly with the Shifter and that they can communicate. The commanded creature will want to obey the Shifter's orders, though any orders which go against the creature's instincts or values will be disregarded, with varying effects. Note that I am using the word "creature" to refer to any life-form capable of understanding a Shifter, not in the usual sense.
3) Character design has the following limitations:
---Each character must have exactly one artifact-level item, not counting their Disguise ring.
---Characters MUST be ridiculously powerful. I'm talking the sort of stuff that would be considered minor godmoding in other RPs. If you can't imagine your character single-handedly taking down twenty armed and well-trained enemies at once, the character is probably too weak (unless he/she has some other ability of comparable potency, such as being able to fire four arrows from a bow at once and having each one hit and kill a target).
---Each Shifter has a copy of the Guide to the Infinite Realms, a magical book written by Tasmos and his children. Anything written in one copy will appear in all other copies. The purpose of the book is to record information on the various worlds the Shifters visit.
---Shifters are children of Tasmos. If your character isn't descended from him, instant dis-approval.
---Lastly, you will have to give your character some way to contact other Shifters.
4) Don't be afraid to ask for rule clarification and so on.

This RP is still accepting new players for a while.

Auki
08-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey there~ C:
If you're looking for members, why not submit this roleplay for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905), put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?
:kailya:

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 01:41 PM
For some strange reason my character Ghost might be suited for this. Would be ok if she called herself Ghost, even though she is descendant of Tasmos.

soulpelt
08-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Mwhahahaah!!!! Phase shifting and invisably here I come! My person can qute litteraly reach through your body and tear out thine heart. I might also give him and air of Decay, which means flesh melts from non-shifters, or is that too powerful?

Biophysicist
08-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Both of you, post full character sheets and I'll tell you what I think. There's no specific format that needs adherence.

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Name: Helen 'Ghost' Imr
Hair Style/Colour: Long to the shoulder grey hair
Eye colour: White
Appearance: Ghost wears a long white robe with golden engravings on the sleeves . The robe is enchanted and can allow Ghost generate a form of white noise capable of bursting ear drums. She also wears silver boots which are not enchanted.
Equipment: Disquise Ring. Vengeance Blade (An enchanted dark/fire sword capable of incinerating and absorbing the soul of the victim), Ghost necklace (Allows her to fade between her realities and the one shes in)
Abilities: Capable of forging her own dark reality and trapping people permanently in them. Some say this is worse than hell itself. However, the side effect is the bleed out which can cause her reality to merge temporally with one she's in. Eventually it fades. But when it happens death is swift and without mercy. Her other gift is red lightening.
Personality: Has trained herself to supress her emotions but not completely as she does feel certain pleasures and pain.(Might be difficult to do so bare with me please)
Background: Helen spent most of her life away from family from friends. She grew up in her own world. Her own mind. The fiery place known only to her as Nightmare. It trained her, it allowed her to master her abilities. She then travelled to her Earth where she tested out this power on unsuspecting humans. She trapped them in her own reality or twisted theirs. One way or another they died. It was only afterwards did she notice the small side effect. Sometimes she and the humans were unable to completely leave the dark realm. It began to merge with Earth! until Ghost stopped it and resumed her training elsewhere. In the darkness. The Vengeance blade was forged in the fires of the nightmare realm itself. It was unstable but powerful. As for the ghost necklace, Helen has no understanding on how it came into her possession. Helen or Ghost as she became known as ventured to the bottom of the Eternity Stair, where she found a portal directly to Nightmare. Her creation was more than real. It existed, but only she could take people into it. As time passed Nightmare became her main source of power. She rose a palace, a city. An Army. Nightmare was ready to fight back. She planned to use her abilities to begin the merge. In the same way she nearly merged Nightmare and Earth.

soulpelt
08-09-2010, 06:03 PM
We need to put the hybrid race incase we are not fully human?

The Magnan
08-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Good point, but since there shape shifters the original look may not be needed.

soulpelt
08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Name: Hiro 'Decay' Ragnor
Hair Style/Colour: Long black 'hair' that is actually bone.
Eye colour: Black as the deepest darkness
Appearance: He is always seen wearing a black robe with it's hood up and a black featureless mask. hiro is always wearing his Hands of Decay no matter what
Equipment: Disquise Ring. Hands of Decay. (Titanium gauntlets that make anything he touches to quicky rot or rust away. Used for breaking into rooms with wall too thick for him to Phase through.)
Abilities: Phasing: Can pass through most known materials, the excepetions being lead, diamond, and granite. This can be used to rip organs straight out of enemies bodies
Invisibility: He can become invisible to most forms of detection, including magical detection. The only way to detect Hiro is to use thermal imaging, or use heat detecting magic. Psychic detections works some, but oen can only detect a 'void' of thought where he is.
Air of Decay: Hiro naturally gives off a pheromone that causes most biological materials to simply wither away, though normally it surrounds his skin he can make it extend as far a twenty feet out and with concentration, one hundred feet out.
Personality: Though he is quiet most of the time Hiro can be quite maniacal when he is in the heat of battle. Out of battle he is like The angel of Death, quiet and slow to anger, but once angered he is like maelstrom.
Bio: Hiro was born in one of the many alternate universes of Earth, where every human is born a a naturally occuring zombie who call themselves The Bone. Even though being half Bone, half human, it was obvious that hir owas different than any other hybrid, this was due to the fact that he could make the alread rottong zombie like Bone decay away with ease and that he could sneak into virtually any building. He lived on this alternate Earth for three hundred years before discovering his abilities to 'shift' through other dimensions. It was in one of these dimensions he learned of his father and the artifact the man had left him. 350 year later Hiro received the letter and learned of his father death, and natturally he wants the throne for himself.

Shifty
08-09-2010, 11:27 PM
This looks pretty cool. I may join, but I may not, as my schedule is convoluted as of late. I'll see if i can't get a profile up first.

Shifty
08-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Name: Zekael "The Illusionist" Imr
Hair Color: long, curly brown hair about shoulder length, with a matching goatee.
Eye Color: Changes between red, orange and yellow, plus everything in between.
Appearance: Wears a simple bussiness suit with loafers and a yellow tie . The outfit is always different every day, with the only constant being the color of the tie.
Equipment: Disguise Ring, Hell-forged Gauntlet. (A black steel, left handed gauntlet that gives the wearer the ability to ignite anything up to 200 yards away on fire. Can also be used to manipulate fire.)
Abilities: Matter Manipulation- Can manipulate matter on the sub-atomic level, allowing him to turn stone to vapor to create a doorway, or solidify air into a walkable platform. Can create implosions or explosions in thin air. The more complex the action, however, the more difficult it is to do, or maintain. I.E., it is much harder to create even a small living, breathing organism than it is to create a massive wall of steel. Still, this ability allows nearly endless creatvity, bounded only by the strength of the creator.
Energy Manipulation: Allows the Illusionist to manipulate pure energy, to either create a beam of light capable of burning through nearly any material to bending light around hiself to turn invisible, although this creates some distortion, like a mirage. Much more difficult to do than manipulate matter, even with basic actions. Can also engorge objects with more energy than they are capable of handling, causing a violent explosion.
Personality: Very flamboyant, but reasonable. Rarely angers, and is quick to forgive, unless given reason to do otherwise. Acts on rationality and logic rather than emotion, but loves to laugh and have fun. Enjoys to make random, often useless objects, either for fun or to entertain in his alternate persona, The Illusionist.
Bio: Zeakel was born as Zekael Ishgran Durbosk, in a world where one person in about one million is born with the ability to change their surroundings to their will. These special people are called "Illusionists" And often became generals in armies and, with practice, could wipe out entire armies in a matter of hours, singel-handedly. When he discovered his ability to shift, and who he was, Zekael changed his name, and began to travel the different universes, finding that his powers were weakened outside of his home universe. He enjoyed going from universe to universe, trying out his powers with different laws of physics and different elements, constantly growing more proficient, and constantly learning to create different things. When he recieved word of hif father's death, he resolved to try to take the throen, if only to prevent anyone with malign intent from taking it over.

Hope this works, and hope he's not too powerful. And yes, I know I used the word 'manipulate" at least 6 times.

Biophysicist
08-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Magnan, Shifty, approved. soulpelt, I'll need dome background information, and your invisiblity would be a tad too strong, imo. (I could probably be convinced otherwise.)

Magnan, they aren't really shape-shifters... Disguise is just an illusion, and it can't even be controlled except to turn it off. Re-read the Disguise ability description.

The Magnan
08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
i get what you mean, and thanks. I can't wait too see how this turns out. Been along time since i done fantasy.

soulpelt
08-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh okay! His invisabily leaves a heat signature that can never be hidden, this dye to his molecules moving so fast he appears invisible. If it's too string I'll make it so that heat detection spells and detect him and I'll shall make a history shortly. :D

Biophysicist
08-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Meh, I guess that's okay, then. Everyone should have SOME magical abilities... At least enough to detect you if they have a reason to look for you. ;o

Own bio coming up soonish.

Submitted this to RPotW... Let's see how this goes.

soulpelt
08-11-2010, 03:31 PM
There I fixed it. :D hope it's better now.

thesouleater
08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Name: Joeseph Anderson
Nickname: Joe or Black Reaper
Height: 5'10"
Race: Human
Equiped: A disguise ring, recurve bow (w/ arrows), multiple metal cords with clips on the end and multiple knives. Occasionally he will take out a scythe that is completely black.
Abilities:
Electric Manipulation: Joe is able to generate and discharge electricity through conductive media (ie. he cannot discharge it through air or concrete). He can control the ammount of electricity he pushes through a person or object, from the point where he could just shock someone to being able to kill them. If he wanted to, he could control lightning.
Hand-to-Hand Combat Expert: Joe is a master at the majority of martial arts and is an amazing acrobat.
Great Physical Condition: Joe is in great physical condition. He has great speed, endurance and strength.
Appearance: Joe has medium-length, white hair that is held up by a dark blue head band. His eyes are black. He often wears a dark grey coat that reaches his ankles and underneith he wears a tight black long-sleeved shirt. His pants are also a dark grey and the ends sit inside his loosely-tied, beat up military boots. His bow and arrows sit in a quiver that hangs off of his belt, along with the metal wires on the opposite side. His knives are hidden around his body. A cellphone sits in his back pocket. He also wears multiple plain rings on his fingers.
Occasionally Joe will change his outfit to a black ankle-length coat, black pants and military shoes that are taken care of. When he wears this outfit, he preferably uses his scythe that stays folded up in the backpack he carries. He takes off his headband and replaces it with a mask. The mask is white and appears similar to a cracked skull.
Personality: Joe is often calm and hard to anger. He is kind and doesn't like to hurt people, especially his friends and family. (Sorry if the personality is undescriptive. I like to work at it while the RP continues and not have to follow a specific personality the whole time.)
History: Joe learnt of his ability to shift fairly quick, as the planet he was born on was abusive and mean. Naturally, he wanted to leave as soon as possible and thats how he found his ability to shift. He travelled around to different worlds and when he was attacked in one world, he learnt of his ability to manipulate electricity. He had killed the man and was horrified of what he had done. He left instantly and hid on a small planet for a while. There he learnt how to use a bow and arrow and throw knives. He had only chosen those weapons specifically because you could shoot/throw them without killing. As he continued to wonder the worlds, Joe realised that he couldn't just live off of the small pocket-change he carried with him as he did odd jobs. He put together an outfit that he wore occasionally when he stole small ammounts of money and food. He didn't like stealing, but it was required if he wanted to keep travelling. By wearing this outfit he gained the nickname 'Black Reaper'. Some years later he recieved word that his father had died and he wasn't truly interested in the throne, but he didn't want a person with bad intentions taking over it either. He quickly learnt how to use his abilities to manipulate electricity and learnt to use the metal cords he found in a shop. He then set off to fight for the throne.

I also just want to mention that I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow at an anime con and gone Sunday through next Friday at a camp. Unfortunatly at the camp I'm not allowed any electronics except for a camera, so I won't have any internet access. :|

EDIT: I forgot to add why his other nickname is 'Black Reaper', so I just added that. *sweat*

soulpelt
08-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Have fun souleater! XD don't get snake bit.

thesouleater
08-12-2010, 06:02 PM
XD I'm going to miss my poor internet. ;-; I went to a similar camp last year and I got the 24-hour stomach flu. *sweat* Atleast it was on the last day.

The Magnan
08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
So when will IC be made.

soulpelt
08-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Soon i hope. :D

Biophysicist
08-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Sorry about my absense... I've been busy.

I may throw up the IC soon, but I'd rather wait for more dudes.

Allan-Hatai
08-20-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm kind of interested, but it might take me a while to get a sheet up. I'm moving into dorms the next couple of days and starting classes after that. 'Sides, I think you need girls, since you have three guys and ONE girl. No worries, I'll probably pull up a character Sunday or so.

Biophysicist
08-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Don't worry, this isn't moving too fast (yet) so take your time (but not too much). ;P

Biophysicist
08-22-2010, 06:41 PM
It appears that I've forgotten to put up my own character sheet. This is unflailtacular. >.>

So, here goes:

Name: Deanna Imr
Gender: Female (mostly because we don't have many girls yet)
History: Deanna was born - illegitimately - on a world known as Aquos which is nothing but water, with the only inhabitable areas being massive air pockets which are effectively (tiny) self-contained worlds. Tasmos left her mother when he found out that she was pregnant, and she was unaware of Shifting, leaving Deanna to discover her powers by herself when she used them unintentionally while sleeping. When she found her way to Earth and met her father, she hid her feelings of bitterness quite well, at least until she left Earth. She roamed the multiverse, seeking a world for herself, and eventually found an unnamed one which holds a massive supercomputer, called the Fate Core, which Deanna was intrigued by. She was eventually able to connect her Shifting powers to it, allowing her to perform quite powerful feats of science-magic.
Appearance: I wasn't originally intending to do this, but she's the girl on the right of the banner image.
Equipment: Lux Tenebrae, a sword composed of pure energy. Otherwise, she relies on the Fate Core. She can access its powers anywhere, and use them to carry out complex spells much more easily - though this always has unintended side-effects, because the Fate Core was not supposed to be used this way, and its security software freaks out each time.

Anyway, once Allan-Hatai gets a character together, we'll have six people... Not as many as I was hoping for, but close. I'll start in a few days, though I'll leave signups open for a while as well. :awesome:

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this will be RP of the Week whenever it's updated, which should get us some more people.

Vampirequeen
08-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Name: Persephone Luna Imr
Hair: Silver, falls to the bottom of her shoulder blades
Eyes: Gold
Clothes: Dress or skirt and shirt, boots or gladiator sandles, hooded cloak made of black velvet.
Equipment: Disguise ring, Knife of Poison (see description below)
Knife of Poison: The Knife of Poison is a knife that is permanently coated with a quick and deadly poison. Persephone can either stab people with it or throw it. When thrown, the knife will always make contact with someone. If it is thrown at a person, it never misses, but if it is thrown randomly, it will hit the nearest person. When Persephone extends her hand in the direction of the knife after she has thrown it, it will return to her hand after spinning around and hitting nearby people with poisoned blood, which is beneficial is the blood on the knife makes contact with a person's wound.
Abilities: Controlling the elements and their other, for lack of a better word, aspects, like lightning, ice, etc. She is capable of combining two or more elements and has been known to shoot one or more elements from one hand and different elements from the other hand, although she has only done that in training.
History: When Persephone was born, her mother sensed that there was something unique about her. When she began to walk and tried to get out of her crib, Persephone would try to get out normally. After a few failures, and unhappy Persephone managed to set said crib on fire. She also tends to freeze all of certain parts of males who make inappropriate advances towards her. After a while, the people in her hometown got tired of Persephone's fairly common and defensive antics with her element control, so she and her mother left town and moved to the place where Persephone lived when she found out that her father had died.

Allan-Hatai
08-28-2010, 05:26 AM
Name: Aylanna Feliandar
Appearance: Aylanna, or Lann as her mom calls her, has very distinctive red hair the color of a rose that's usually worn in a braid that reaches the backs of her knees. Her eyes seem a normal 'whatever' grey, until her emotions get involved; when she's sad, or angry, or even happy, her eyes turn brilliant, reflective silver. As part of the warrior class on her home planet, Lann usually wears simple clothes: a simple sleeveless shirt with a belt around the waist and shoulders that holds her claymore with dark breeches tucked into worn brown leather boots.
Equipment:
Disguise Ring
Claymore of Conscience (amplifies Lann's truthseeking abilities to make peoples' consciences louder and encourage them to tell the truth. If it touches a person without drawing blood, they are compelled to talk about anything they feel guilty about. It sometimes will actually speak to people about their actions and recommend punishment to Lann.)
Abilities:
Truth'seeking': Lann is a truthseeker, someone who settles arguments by ferreting out the truth. They can hear a lie, and know precisely when the truth is being told. This is all instinctive, but Lann's power goes past that. When Lann asks for the truth, those in hearing distance are usually compelled to give it to her. It varies, though, with the power their conscience has in their psyche. Unless she focused specifically on him and commanded him to tell the truth, a mentally ill serial killer would feel no compunction to tell her anything.
Hair: Her hair is actually something of an entity, to be truthful. Lann's mother thought her genetics must be something altogether new, since her hair never had to be cut and...did things. For instance, while in a fight Lann can use her hair as a whip to harm as well as to fetch. (think of the witch in The Forbidden Kingdom) It can never be cut by anything made of iron, though, or it will lose its magic.
History: Lann was basically a cross between a detective and secret agent on her planet for the first fifty years of her life. She learned to use a sword, as well as hand to hand combat, and eventually became very well known. After a while she got tired of seeing those she cared about die, so she spread her efforts to find the truth to include other places, using the Stairs. Now Lann is looking for another kind of truth. She wants to meet each of her siblings to decide who would be the best ruler, and back them. If none of them meet her criteria, then Lann will take the throne herself. But that's her very last plan of action. She'd rather be the right hand person than the actual ruler, after all.
Personality: Lann is very straight forward, but she tends to play mind games if she thinks you're too sure of yourself and enjoys making men think she's a brainless fluff, then beating them to a pulp if they try anything, or just showing them up in their best area. She tracks the truth and rule breakers, but sometimes likes to "bend" the rules just a bit to include anything she does that might be questionable.

If there's anything that needs fixing, just let me know. I feel like she's not quite finished for some reason...

John
08-29-2010, 02:38 PM
This RP has been featured as Roleplay of the Week (http://role-player.net/forum/site.php)

Biophysicist
08-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Well, I guess it's time that this wonkiness gets started. IC thread coming up when I get a first post written.

EDIT: Thread is up; everyone is approved. Still accepting dudes for a while.

RisingPhoenix
09-01-2010, 01:00 AM
OH I think I may have a character in my archive that will relate well to this RP, however, if I can't find it I'll have to work from scratch.......*sigh*.....Hope I find it...........

Biophysicist
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
gl hf d00d

Just don't take too long... I'll be closing signups pretty soon.

The Magnan
09-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok and by the way, i added a second ability to Ghost. Red Lightening. Thats about it, and a background.

RisingPhoenix
09-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I'll be posting it when I get home around 3/4 pm today

RisingPhoenix
09-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Change of plans since Hurricane Earl is pounding the coast, I am busy getting things together in case we have to evacuate, if I have time I'll log back on and post the character, this is just an update.

Biophysicist
09-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I've been waiting for soulpelt to post for a while and have decided to go ahead without him. He's still in the RP if he posts soon, though.

The Magnan
09-04-2010, 02:01 PM
ok, well i'm waiting for the others, you don't mind Ghost, being almost queen of Nightmare.

Allan-Hatai
09-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I as actually wondering if they know each others' names, or if they just know they have siblings...

The Magnan
09-04-2010, 04:34 PM
They probably should. Otherwise it would be a strange family. they might forget what they look like, but they should know eachother by name.

Biophysicist
09-04-2010, 04:42 PM
They probably should. Otherwise it would be a strange family. they might forget what they look like, but they should know eachother by name.
This.

Posting sometime today. Probably within the hour.

Biophysicist
09-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Excuse the abysmally-long delay, but my post is up... I was waiting for soulpelt and Phoenix, but have given up. They can jump in at any point if they do so soon, though.

inertia1
09-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Name: Merham the Destroyer
Height: 7'8"
Items: Disguise Ring, Amulet of Power, and an unenchanted--but huge--steel warhammer. The amulet of power looks like a brass inverted hammer hanging from a brass chain, and grants its wearer the ability to manipulate inertia. Wearing this amulet, Merham can make his fists supernaturally resistant to a change in momentum, turning his punches--which could go through several feet of concrete unaided by magic-- up to a beyond-superhuman level of power. He can also use it to jump farther and resist being knocked down, and he can also manipulate the inertia of objects--like his hammer.
Appearance: Hulking, huge, brutish. Huge muscles. His head is clean-shaven, and he has small black eyes. He tends to wear heavy black armor, which thanks to his amulet doesn't impede his movement at all, but also wears regular black combat clothing underneath and when he's not in battle.
Biography: Born on a war-torn planet where pure strength is supreme, Merham watched his surrogate family be brutally murdered, only surviving himself by slipping into another world. He hated his cowardice, and wandered the worlds until he found something that would guarantee his victory when he returned to his home. With the Amulet of Power, he returned home and massacred the clan that had killed his family. Supradimensional affairs never really concerned him; he was perfectly happy to live as a god of war on his home planet. He relishes in the war he wages, not wanting to rule but to conquer and destroy.
Personality: Not exactly stupid, but lacking in guile and subtlety. He speaks little, and enjoys spreading suffering throughout his warlike home world.

OOC : A question occurred to me while writing this: when using the Eternal Stair, can Shifters have companions along with them? For example, could Merham use his power to attack enemies by leading his entire army into their fortress, as long as it has stairs? Just sort of curious. I hope I didn't make him too powerful or do anything wrong, it's been a really long time since I've done this. :D

Dr. Dee Men Cha
09-06-2010, 07:10 PM
OOC : Very interesting role-play, I'll be getting a character sheet up shortly if new members are still being accepted. Fun to take not of Tasmos' age, did he have 1337 skillez or somefin'?

Biophysicist
09-07-2010, 12:54 AM
inertia1: Approved. And yes, you can bring dudes with you through the Stair.
@DDMC: Yah, I'm still accepting players, though you'll probably be the last one (unless Phoenix gets a bio in soon).

Dr. Dee Men Cha
09-08-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm almost done with my character (just need to finish the bio), apologies for taking awhile, I've been rather poorly lately.

Dr. Dee Men Cha
09-10-2010, 07:24 PM
((OOC : Apologies for the rather slow creation of my character, I have been feeling rather poorly over the past few days. Oh yes, and the double post. 'orry about that!))

Name: Ezekiel Isambard Brouner (Imr)

Abilities: A sharp shooter that has a just-about 100% accuracy with his custom-handmade revolver and rifle. Can leech the life out of any unsuspecting or torture victims (which he only did once or twice when trapped in a barbaric and uncivilized world). (Refer to “Equipment” for more information).

Equipment:
Simple gold ring used for disguising himself, and a present from his father. Worn on Ezekiel’s chubby right pinky.
“Leech Cane” – Get hit by this cane and per every contact and additional second of contact one receives from it, is a year lost in the life of the victim. This leeching effect is unknown whether it can extend Ezekiel’s lifespan or not. The cane is crafted from the finest ironwood and Ezekiel is never seen without it. Discreetly carved along the cane are arcane symbols and lucky totems from tribes and people Ezekiel has met throughout his travels. This cane is rarely used, and is generally for a last-ditch resort. (He prefers his guns).
Hand-made revolver and rifle: Durable and reliable weapons, Ezekiel has spent much of his life fine-tuning his shooting skills. A master of quick-draw duels and sharp shooting, his affinity to his guns are uncanny.
Pocket-watch: Under the lid of Ezekiel’s golden pocket watch and compass is a mirror that could be used to communicate with other shifters.

History: Ezekiel Isambard Imr was born 158 years ago to a wealthy and highly successful business lady in a steam-powered world much akin to the 19th century Earth. He grew up knowing little of his paternal family, save for the occasional birthday visit from his father and what Ezekiel would describe in his journal as “encounters with my siblings”. As a young child, he was particularly interested in gunfights and gunmanship, joining the local rifle club and hunting from the comforts of his automobile (given to Ezekiel from his dear mother). During his youth, Ezekiel rarely traversed between worlds and only did his travels begin after his mother’s died.
For a short period of time, Ezekiel did become relatively fit in comparison to his current girth, due to his extensive travels that required a physical strain upon his being. Eventually the man settled down to look after his mother’s dying business dealing with mechanical items and robots of the sort (which had sharply declined after his unexplained departure). Settling into the comfortable life, Ezekiel continued a life in excess and has become fairly unrecognizable from his former youth.

Appearance: Ezekiel is perhaps not the fittest of Tasmos’ children being fairly overweight and dumpy in appearance. His attire is smart and business-like, generally seen in his signature tweed suit, tie and dark-brown gibus. His chubby hands are usually encased in a pair of silken gloves. Ezekiel’s face is of ruddy complexion and is oftentimes compared to a tomato by his acquaintances and hosts a double chin. Ezekiel is a short and stout man, standing at 5’3” but posture-wise, has a tendency to lean back in such a manner that would allow him to look at even the tallest man down his scooped nose.

Biophysicist
09-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Gah. I thought I'd said your bio is fine but I apparently didn't post it.

Go post, and then I'll move things along if possible.

Vampirequeen
09-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Is this dead?

Biophysicist
09-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Way to threadomance... Yes, it is.

Vampirequeen
09-24-2010, 02:17 AM
I don't know what that means, but I apologize. It just seems like the majority of the RPs that I've joined have died.

Allan-Hatai
09-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Well, I really wish it hadn't died... Maybe if someone posts, it will come back?

Vampirequeen
09-24-2010, 02:59 AM
I don't know. I just wish that the RPs that I've joined stop dying.

Allan-Hatai
09-24-2010, 03:37 AM
I know how you feel!

Darkshadowmist
09-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Are you still accepting people

Biophysicist
09-25-2010, 11:50 PM
This has been dead for a long time.

Darkshadowmist
09-26-2010, 12:00 AM
oh..... ok then ^.^