PDA

View Full Version : Round 2- Jacogos Vs. RedKayne Judge: Kris

Kris
03-12-2014, 04:39 AM
Welcome to the Arena's swamp

http://www.diary.cadenza.org/daniel-rowe/swamp.jpg

What more can I tell about the humidity of the surrounding, or the unusual smell? You might already notice it is hot around the place, but I don't think you want to drink the water or even dive in to cool your bodies.

There are many creatures lurking around. Aside of bugs you may even run into hungry crocodiles... Or something that has yet to be reported to us....

I must tell you that recently there has been a terrible chemical leak around the area, so it may be unwise to breathe the air for too long (For More than 3 posts). You can try to climb up for the sky to catch some fresh air, but that will cost you an attack for one turn. However if you won't do so, you'll freeze for one turn.

Just saying...

And here's some music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bie35r-g3Tw) to cheer you up!

Fight well, you have 5 posts per person and 72 hours to respond between each post.

The first to go is RedKayne

RedKayne
03-18-2014, 12:40 AM
The Emperor Rises (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60IX8zwBeSo)

Blood was splattered everywhere. The Cold Emperor was breathing heavily as the whirlwind of black energy that surrounded him faded away. His forbidden weapon disappeared back into its own pocket dimension after one last dark whisper of corruption into his mind. The Emperor sighed lightly before looking at the remains of his first opponent, T’kam Ar’lok. Blood, guts, and limbs of the alien reptile were scattered everywhere on the ground and polluted the lake nearby.

One step closer... The Emperor raised up his left fist and clenched it, he was victorious in his first round of this inferno tournament. There were many more challenges yet to come, but he was determined to defeat each and every single one of his opponents. This tournament was simply training the Emperor for his final battle, where he intends to enact his long-awaited vengeance.

The next second, before he could even blink, the reality before him shifted and the Cold Emperor found himself within a new battle arena. Immediately, he felt rejuvenated and at full strength once more, as if he never participated in a deadly battle just a few short minutes ago. The Emperor couldn’t help but form a small grin, apparently the gods of this tournament wanted some more bloodshed in this new round. The Emperor examined the environment, he was located in the middle of a wild swamp. Insects flew around his helmet briefly, they examined the invader before quickly losing interest and then flying away. The murky waters of the swamp rippled with life below it, and there was a light breeze that swept over some of the colorful plants nearby.

There were two main things the Emperor took notice about his surroundings. First of all was the corrupted stench that filled his nostrils. He could almost gag from the smell, it was already difficult to breathe in. He noted there were several trees sticking out of the murky waters of the swamp. The Emperor couldn’t trust stepping into the waters, for who knows what horrific beasts lie in wait? However, the trees would be necessary in the near future to climb upon and escape from the poisonous chemical stench. Most likely, his enemy was also suffering from the wretched smell. A small plan began to formulate within his mind from that realization, and the Emperor already envisioned his approach to this battle. He smirks as he glances over at the tall trees again and began to count them, for they would be key to his victory if he acts swiftly in this battle.

The second thing he noticed about the different environment was the intense humidity, and the Emperor growled in annoyance as he realized his ice spells would not be as effective in such a high temperature area. This would prove to be a slight disadvantage against his new opponent, but then again... the Cold Emperor always enjoyed challenges.

His eyes of blue-fire gaze over the area to find his opponent, but then his body slightly tensed at the sound of a low growl behind him. The Emperor slowly turned around to face the source of the noise. He shortly discovered it was a reptilian beast, the deadly crocodile. The animal was only a few feet away from the black knight, the slits of its green eyes were carefully watching the Emperor, as if contemplating whether or not it would be his next prey.

The Cold Emperor chuckled lightly, and the crocodile hissed in response from the ground. The obsidian knight slowly raised up both of his hands, wary of making any fast movements to further alarm the beast. Dark-light flashed upon both of his open palms, before the black energy materialized into his Destructive Dual Blades. The Cold Emperor took upon a cross-like stance with both of his arms held outstretched as his weapons materialized. The crocodile’s body stiffened upon the sight of the newly-formed swords, and its long jaws open wide to roar loudly.

“Heh, hello there, littler gator,” the Emperor cackled as ivy-strands of blue magic began to form and wrap around his blades, until a blue fire ignited and enveloped around the steel. Instead of emanating heat, this blue fire sent out a coldness to the surrounding air. The crocodile prepared to launch its body upon the towering figure of the Emperor, but the dark warrior was faster. The crocodile’s decapitated head went flying with one powerful swipe of the Emperor's right blade that easily sliced through the thick neck of the beast. It landed with a small thud a few feet behind the black knight, but there was no blood in sight. The gaping stumps of the crocodile's head and body were completely frozen, due to the effects of the blue flames surrounding the Emperor's blades.

The Emperor nods in satisfaction from his handiwork before turning his gaze more upon the surrounding area, searching his opponent. He was also careful to be on the look-out for any more deadly beasts, for the Emperor would rather not deal with any more surprises in this battle. “Come out, come out, wherever you are.” The monarch cracked another wicked grin, “I want to have a little fun before decapitating your head as well,” he called out and taunted.

Jacogos
03-19-2014, 04:06 AM
A new foe... Or is it? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOBP9Y8wux0)

The weightlessness of falling left one feeling free, momentarily. With her eyes closed and unaware of how far it was until she hit the ground, Uai felt almost at peace with the fact that she had just lost. I am not yet ready to fight a demon.... This has proven it... she thought grimly, wind rushing past her and flinging her hair about wildly. Sighing inwardly, she accepted the feeling that she was likely about to die.

However, instead of death's embrace, her sense of weightlessness was replaced by one akin to that of when the Shade used his 'Shadowwarp' technique. All of a sudden, instead of falling, Uai was standing. Her breath rushed back into her all at once, and with it came the taste of corruption.

The yynglyng woman opened her eyes instantly. What greeted her was a grimy bog that reeked of the vile machinations of man, the humidity she felt almost tangible because of the waves of heat that drifted upwards from the murky water. Grimacing, Uai shifted her bare feet in the grime and swatted at one of the bugs that sought to drain her of her blood. Blasted insects... Likely they'll be more of an annoyance than my opponent will... Uai thought.

She attempted to breath in again, but choked on the air that seeped into her lungs, coughing violently for a moment. "Blasted humans... Do they not know what they are doing to world by polluting it in such a way?!" she hissed at no one, opening her mouth slightly so that she wasn't breathing solely through her nose. It helped a little, but now she could taste the corruption as well.

Almost sliding through the muck rather than walking, Uai made her way forward in an attempt to figure out where she had been dropped. Then, with a start, she realized something that hadn't hit her immediately when she had taken her first breath. I'm alive. I've been brought back from defeat, yet again... That means I'm still in the Rumble... Which in turn means... Suddenly on her guard, Uai cast about for her opponent. It didn't take long for her to find him.

There was a loud splash to her right, where her gaze was currently resting, centered behind a tall, imposing figure clad in armor as black as night. As he turned towards her, his flaming eyes locked on hers and Uai froze in her tracks, her eyes narrowing dangerously. She only had taken a moment to look at the retile that lay at his feet, and that was all it had taken for a memory to creep up on her like a unwelcome dream.

"Clad in the blackest armor, wielding the power of ice... The Cold Emperor... He will be in this tournament, Uai," Jacob told her, gazing into the fire that lay between them with a somber expression. "If you fight him... I do not expect you to win. He and I were equally matched... And you have yet to prove that you can beat me." He glanced up just in time to see Uai's wince, which she didn't bother hiding after he had seen.

"You either give him too much credit or me not enough, Shade..." Uai muttered.

"It was a straight fight. He overwhelmed me until I managed to even it up just by playing cleverly. You have abilities I do not... That might be your only way to even the fight. If you hope to win... You will need to throw everything you have at him..."

Extending her claws, Uai readies herself for what was to come. "The Shade told me about you, Iceborn... He sends his greetings... And I eagerly await the challenge of an opponent that could match him..." Grinning suddenly, Uai drew on the power granted to her by her god, Ionor.

"Like puppets dancing on their strings,
We sway to the music that no one sings.
For their amusement we stand and fight,
Two warriors are we, they'll see our might.

Your soul is black as the armor you wear,
But your blood is red, this fact we share.
Soon it will spill upon the ground,
And through the air your screams will sound!!"

Instantly, the air chilled (well, comparitively) as the spirits of Ionor began to channel into the physical world. Setting her feet apart and moving so that only one side was facing the Emperor, Uai prepared for the man's oncoming onslaught. She was about to be in for the fight of her life... And she was going to need every ounce of fight she had in her just to survive.

RedKayne
03-22-2014, 01:49 AM
The Beginning of a Legacy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmPH8BTwPKU)

The Emperor’s fiery gaze fell upon his enemy, and was momentarily stunned by her appearance. He half-expected his next opponent to be a gigantic troll that would test his physical prowess. However, the blonde beauty before him completely blew away all expectations he had. The gray eyes beneath his black helmet took notice of the red tribal markings that covered the woman’s pale, stark naked body. The most distinct feature of his opponent were the piercing red-eyes with feline-like retinas that were glaring upon him. The Emperor made a mischievous grin as he took note that most human males would have been driven crazy with lust upon such a beloved sight, and many would have fallen head-over-heels with this woman.

However, the Cold Emperor’s heart was already broken and withered until there was nothing left but a black hole. There was no room left for love... let alone lust.

“The Shade told me about you, Iceborn... He sends his greetings... and I eagerly await the challenge of an opponent that could match him...” the she-devil began to chant, apparently drawing upon her primal powers. A supernatural chill fell upon the air around them, but the Emperor was strangely comforted by this coldness.

She knows the Shade? The Emperor recalled his last battle against Jacob Shu, the Shadow Demon. It was midnight, the only light that comforted the Shade and the Emperor was the crimson eclipse of the moon. Rivers of blood flowed through the streets of the village after its residents were slaughtered during the battle. The two warriors of darkness faced each other, both heavily exhausted from their long fight, and then traded their final blows. The Emperor was barely defeated, and the Shade turned out to be the second strongest opponent that the black knight has faced.

The Emperor was frustrated about his defeat, but admired the Shade for the worthy battle. However, the Emperor swore to himself to rip out the Shade’s demonic heart after being victorious in their rematch. It turned out this new goal may be fulfilled sooner than later, considering that this blonde woman has a connection with the Shade.

The Emperor took an aggressive step forward towards the tribal warrior, his right foot stomping on to the swamp mud and its brown liquid splashed onto his black greaves. “So, you must be the Shade’s whore?” he questioned in a mocking tone. “Is he participating in this tournament as well? I have business to take care of with him,” he attempted to cackle, but was then harshly reminded of the corrupted air. The polluted stench filled his lungs, and he fought to suppress a coughing fit.

Damn this air... the Emperor’s eyes of blue-fire flare with anger and then gazes over the area. It seemed like he may have to discard his original strategy of succeeding in this battle considering he didn’t have enough time to fulfill it before his lungs cave in. Originally, he planned to cut down all of the trees except one which he would climb upon. He would make sure his opponent wouldn’t follow him up, and would then watch from above as she would suffocate to death.

However, a master strategist would always have a back-up plan, and the Emperor had one. He looked back at his opponent, forming a villainous smile. “You stated you have heard of me?” he questions aloud. “Yet it sounds like you still know nothing of me, slut.”

Ice-born... This is the path that fate chosen for me... But I wasn’t born this way... Bitter memories filled the Emperor’s mind as he was reminded of his past life. I wasn’t born as a monster. Several years ago, the Emperor was a warrior of justice, a bastion for hope, and a templar of the most benevolent god. In fact, he held a different title back then because of his crimson-red armor and his holy powers to wield the white-flame. Now, the Emperor forsaken everything in order to achieve his ultimate vengeance.

The Cold Emperor raises up both of his blades, the steel of the swords blazing with blue ice-fire. In one swift movement, he turned the pommels to face each other before smashing them together. A bright blue light flashed upon the ends of the pommels, and then dissipated to reveal newly-created ice surrounding the hilts and effectively combining them together to form a double-bladed sword. The Emperor swings his weapon to his side using his left arm, leaving his right hand free and radiating with blue magic. “Now, let’s get started.”

The obsidian warrior enclosed his right fist and then smashed it against the ground, ice immediately formed upon contact with the floor and rapidly encroached the surrounding area. The Emperor straightened his body and observed how he affected the environment. Twenty square feet of dense ice covered the ground, causing this area of the swamp to be even more difficult to traverse upon. Some of the flowery plants were completely frozen, and little streams of water became solid from the freezing temperature. Some of the ice even climbed upon the trees approximately five to ten feet, freezing many of the branches. The carcass of the crocodile was completely enclosed with ice, sitting upon the ground like a monument displaying the Emperor’s wrath.

However, this spell wasn’t for offensive purposes. The Emperor was simply measuring his powers within the humid environment. The floor of ice only covered twenty square feet, instead of thirty. The mage-knight formed a frown, it seemed his ice abilities were only at two-thirds of its capabilities in this heated zone. This battle will indeed be challenging, but he wasn’t worried at all.

Now, time to enact his backup plan. The Emperor crouched slightly, his leg muscles tensing before using his enhanced strength to leap high up into the air. The wind rushed around him, but it immediately became easier for him to breathe as he escaped from the grasp of the corrupted smell from below. He quickly approached one of the trees, and then outstretched his free hand to grasp on to one of its branches. He was about twelve-feet high in the air, so the top half of this tree was completely free of ice. He was able to grab on to the branch with his one hand before easily pulling himself up with his incredible strength. The Cold Emperor now stood upon the branch, his feet perfectly balancing upon it, and his eyes of blue-fire staring down at his opponent.

Both of his hands enclosed upon the hilts of his double-bladed sword, and the blue flames that surrounded the steel finally faded away. “Well, what are you waiting for?” the Emperor calls out. “Let us take this battle up here,” he made a simple statement to goad the woman to climb upon one of the other trees and participate in a mid-range battle. The Emperor glances at the neighboring trees, most of their bark were covered with ice along with their lower branches. However, the monarch had full confidence that his opponent will discover a way up. He rather not be disappointed that she couldn’t even overcome such a simple obstacle.

Jacogos
03-24-2014, 03:01 AM
Shall we dance, then? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3cXUxMCyjQ)

Uai tsk'd audibly at the Emperor's words, fighting down the urge to dry-heave due to the putrid air. Each breath was a fight for control of her own stomach, a fight she bitterly and stubbornly refused to lose for the sake of the other fight that was about to take place.

"You humans and your derogatory words... Label me all you want, you're still the coward wearing fifty-odd pounds of armor," she hissed with a smirk, noting that her spirits were now beginning to swirl about her, descending from the trees slowly. The bird-shaped creatures (http://paintvrlife.tumblr.com/post/44398865151/by-adams-doyle-biography-shop) that now began to float around her numbered above twenty or so, all colored uniquely and translucent for the most part. Seeing anything through them inverted the color spectrum, leaving the area around Uai a constantly shifting spectrum of shades and hues.

Uai was about to answer the man's other question when he decided to go on the offensive. Or at least, it seemed that way. The Emperor slammed his fist into the ground, instantly transforming the surrounding area into a sheet of ice, despite the oppressing heat that was beating down on both warriors. Instinctively, Uai hopped backwards a foot or two, but the snap-freeze still settled on the ground under her, her hop only preventing her from having to worry about her feet being frozen solid as well. Her feet planted on the ice firmly, not even the barest hint of slipping present in her stance. Her homeworld of Erecia had a winter six human months long, typically worse than Siberia's deepest chill the entirety of the winter. Her feet, callused after a lifetime of walking with no footwear, were perfectly suited to treading the slick surface of ice with little to no slipping, even without the natural training she had in her years growing up.

Smiling inwardly, the yynglyng turned her attention back towards the knight. He launched himself skyward, apparently intent on reaching the treetops as he stuck out his arm to grab ahold of a branch. Now situated at the top of the tree, the warrior called down to her, goading her into following him up into the canopy.

I wonder if the air up there is free of this foul stench... Uai thought to herself, glancing about the nearby area. The snap-freeze that he had performed had also swallowed a few feet of trunk of the nearest trees, effectively increasing the difficulty she would have in climbing up. Furthermore, she would be completely exposed while doing so, as she would have to climb the old fashioned way, considering her lack of the man's superhuman strength. Lastly, once she was up there, melee was out of the question. Considering the man's spineless usage of armor and the rather impressive weapon he wielded, perhaps that was actually a good thing. However, it limited her arsenal greatly.

Either that or back down from a challenge... As if the thought ever occurred to me, Uai thought, picking a tree nearby. Adjusting her claws to an accurate length, Uai sprinted forward and leapt towards a low-hanging branch. The limb was covered in a layer of melting ice, but Uai's talons gave her the needed grip to hang on by simply puncturing through to the actual branch. Flipping herself upright so that her legs stretched upwards, Uai removed her claws from the holes and adjusted them once more, allowing her to cling without lodging them into the ice. Her body came down into a hanging spin and Uai flung herself upwards toward another tree with a powerful kick of her legs. Coming out of the spin like a trained gymnast, she grabbed the next branch with practiced ease and flipped herself upwards to land lightly on the branch, which was high enough to be free of the ice now. Turning on the branch, Uai located her opponent once more.

"Let's see how you like this..." she murmured to herself, gesturing with her left hand. In doing so, the spirits that had continued to spiral around her suddenly shot forwards, screeching in undulating and haunting tones as they aimed themselves directly towards the Emperor. Talons outstretched and a dozen beaks ready to stab, the bird-like spirits would attack in a fly-by swipe, their incorporeal appearance belying the fact that their weapons of choice were as capable as steel-forged swords. Half of them aimed for his head and helmet whilst the rest chose other targets at random on his body.

Now safe from retaliation in her mind, Uai continued her upward climb, still less than halfway up to the canopy.

RedKayne
03-25-2014, 02:40 AM
The Emperor's Wrath (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8w6H2rp9zI)

The little things in life should be more appreciated. The Cold Emperor took note his lungs were now free from the chemical pollution, but never fully appreciated that he was breathing fresh, clean air. The blazing sun was descending upon the landscape, and the sky itself was clear and brilliantly blue. The Emperor stood on the branch that was over ten feet high in the air, and he had a wide view upon the area. Clouds of insects swarmed over putrid piles, the murky waters of the swamp rippled with unknown life, and the plants themselves seemed to be decaying from the poisonous air.

This land may have once been beautiful and full of exotic life a long time ago. However, like the Cold Emperor, it was sadly corrupted by fate’s cruel hand.

The Emperor watched his opponent from the treetop, and raised his eyebrows in slight surprise as he witnessed translucent lights descend from the canopies and surround the blonde yynglyng. The strange lights took the form of small birds and then swirled around the woman. What is this sorcery? the black knight questioned himself since he was not familiar with this kind of strange magic. He was highly intrigued though, and figured this battle would become much more interesting.

The obsidian monarch watched as his opponent began to climb the trees by performing impressive acrobatics and using her unusual claws to grip the branches. Heh, perfect, the Emperor grinned as she took his bait. He tightened the grip on his double-bladed weapon, preparing his next move to enact his back-up plan. However, his movement hesitated upon the screeching sounds of the woman’s spirit birds. The sound was so ghastly, it nearly petrified his core. The birds flung themselves towards the Emperor, and they approached rapidly with sharp claws and beaks.

“Damn it,” the Emperor cursed as he raised his left arm in front of his body protectively. Blue ivy-strands of magic rapidly swirled around his forearm, and then ice quickly formed on his limb. He created a circular shield of ice with a diameter of eight feet which attached itself to his left forearm. The Emperor scowled at his feeble creation, considering he was usually capable of summoning a thick wall of ice to defend himself. Sweat trickled from his brow and down to his cheek, which reminded the human within the cursed black armor about the high humidity that weakened his powers.

The Emperor raised his ice-shield and smashed it against the first wave of birds, sending them down to the ground. He managed to get his shield up just in time to protect his upper body and face as another wave of birds bombarded against his shield, and their bodies crashed against it which began to crack the ice. Then he felt searing pain on his right thigh and left calf as a couple of the birds sliced through his black armor and left deep, bloody gashes on his pale legs. The Emperor growled in annoyance as he once again smashed the group of spirit birds with his shield. They fell to the ground rapidly upon impact, but his fragile shield further cracked from the assault.

He sighed heavily as several of the spirits of Iotor continue to swirl around him. He then glanced at his opponent, who was still climbing and nearing towards the treetop. “I don’t have time to deal with this nonsense,” the Emperor muttered under his breath as he glared at the remaining spirit birds. He released the hold of his ice-shield, as he saw it useless in the current situation and let it fall to the frozen ground below where it shattered into pieces. “I need to act now.”

The Cold Emperor outstretched his right arm and held his double-bladed sword. In one swift movement, the Emperor twisted his arm clockwise so that his palm was facing upwards. His back slightly corked with tension before he swung his blade and released it. He effectively threw the weapon as his double-bladed sword swung like a shuriken that shredded through the air. The Emperor grinned sadistically, as the blade's target wasn't the blonde warrior. The spinning swords descended towards the base of the tree that Uai was climbing, and then struck. The double-bladed weapon shattered the ice that froze the trunk, and then nearly cleaved through the base’s entire diameter. The Emperor’s weapon sliced through the wood and spun towards a small bog, where it splashed into the murky waters and disappeared into its mysterious depths.

The Emperor heard the satisfying groan of the tree as the remaining bark holding it upright began to snap. Uai naively accepted his challenge to take the battle to the treetops. She never realized the ice lord's true intention was to cut down the tree she was climbing, and then let her fall from high up in the air. He knew the fall itself shouldn’t kill her, but it would most likely shatter a few of her bones.

He raised up his right hand and made a small, mocking wave to her. “Goodbye,” the Emperor cackled as he eagerly anticipated to see her scream in agony.

Jacogos
03-27-2014, 04:31 AM
Run, run, run! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro-Gq6hsLUI)

Uai continued her ascent unassailed for the majority of the climb, effortlessly leaping from branch to branch and clawing her way up stretches too far to jump. It was just as her spirits began to return that clean air began to filter into her lungs, rewarding her efforts with cleansing breaths that refreshed her thoroughly. Taking in a few gulps during on of her pauses on a branch, Uai immediately felt as if she had done no climbing at all.

Ahhh, a blessing that the deities allowed us this minor reprise... Uai thought calmly, taking the moment to turn and look at the Cold Emperor, still only about a dozen feet above her. Her gaze brought her a duo of notes worthy of mention. Firstly, his armor was sliced through in places, baring flesh that bled temptingly. However, she knew she wasn't close enough to make the attempt worth it. The amount of drain it would put her through would leave her on the ground in no time. In any case, she would have to return her spirits early if she wanted to make use of that skill, which was not the best idea considering what damage she had already seen them do.

Secondly and more importantly, however, was that the man no longer held his weapon. Instead, he was reeling back as if.... He didn't just...?! A thunk that reverberated through the tree she was crouched in answered her silent question with little room for doubt. Her mind spun as she quickly attempted to find a way out of this situation.

The tree groaned in protest as it began to give way, Uai's stomach leaping up as her body felt itself begin to fall with the massive plant. Tightening her focus, she rose up and dug her left hand into the trunk, facing the direction of the fall. At this point, the tree had not been falling more than a second, a measurement of time that would soon define the rest of this battle. The next second, Uai was moving, leaping up the branches towards the top the tree which was quickly becoming much lower in elevation. Three seconds passed. Uai was now running along the trunk with adrenaline fueling every step. The angle of the tree would soon be below 45 degrees.

Another second. All throughout this time, Uai's spirits were returning from their attack on the Cold Emperor, swirling around her again in a mist of incorporeal bodies. Now fully within her control again, Uai readied them as she planted her feet firmly against the trunk, her eyes resting upon the armored titan that was her opponent. Her mouth was fixed in a silent snarl, focus drawing beads of sweat from every pore, leaving her body glistening in addition to its natural luminescence.

Her upward ascent through the past few seconds brought her on level with the Emperor, the tree he had viciously leveled falling almost harmlessly past his own perch. That was the only thing harmless about it, however. As the tree came to the best position, Uai leaped from the trunk, aiming directly at the Emperor.

Sadly, the yynglyng warrior had forgotten to account for her downward velocity. Her leap was not quite strong enough to overcome the inertia, leaving her short of the Emperor by about three 'levels' of branches. She landed on a branch heavily against her midsection, knocking the wind clean out of her. After a second's pause to recover, Uai barked a wordless command as she once again sent the spirits of Ionor sailing at her opponent. She needed a moment to regain her breath, both from the intense climb she had just experienced and the landing that was less than graceful. After another second or two, she clambered up onto the branch.

RedKayne
03-30-2014, 12:40 PM
The Sly Shadow (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwyDphk-v00)

It was certainly an amusing sight as the Emperor watched his opponent desperately trying to escape her perilous situation. The exotic woman was running across the side of the falling tree, and the man beneath the black armor couldn’t help but form a mischievous smile at the sight of the woman’s every curve jiggling from her rapid movement. This is a complete joke, he shook his head as she approached him.

Although, the Emperor did had to admit to himself that he admired the woman’s determination to continue this battle. However, she is a fool if she still believes that she can defeat me.

The blonde woman took her last few steps upon the falling tree, and ferocious snarl appeared on her face as she neared her target. She leaped towards the black knight, attempting to directly tackle him. Blue strands of magic began to form and swirl around the Emperor’s right hand as he prepared to defend himself, but then there was no need as the woman completely missed her mark. He was shaking his head again, almost disappointed as the woman collided against the branches below him. The cleaved tree finally crashed on to the ground, smashing against the melting ice below and shattering it. The ground shook the surrounding area violently from the powerful collision and the Emperor even had to shift his feet a bit to retain his balance. The searing pain from both of his legs pulsated, almost causing the human inside to cringe. Blood seeped from his deep gashes and on to his black armor, until a few drops managed to drip on to the branch he was standing upon. However, he still kept his cool demeanor and glanced back down at his opponent.

“You seriously don’t get it, do you?” he questioned loudly with a sarcastic tone as he saw the spirits of Ionor charging at him again. Honestly, so far, he has been disappointed with the battle. The corrupted environment itself seemed to be more treacherous than the pitiful bare-naked lady below. He couldn’t even fathom how she passed the first round of this gladiator tournament.

“You cannot hope to defeat me, whore,” he cackled. What he did next would most likely shock his opponent since he didn’t even thought about his next move, but simply reacted. The Cold Emperor took a small hop backwards and his feet completely left the wooden branch he was standing upon. The next second, the Emperor was falling rapidly in the air. The winds rushed around the ice monarch’s armor, and the spirits of Ionor shrieked as they attempted to chase after their descending prey. Uai could not see this, but the Emperor was still smiling maliciously. This fall was a short one, so he had to make every second count.

Blue strands of magic rapidly encircled his right hand, and then he pointed it straight up at the recovering Uai. “Bleed,” he simply stated as the air chilled around his open palm and then razor-sharp shards of ice formulated upon it. The humidity continued to weaken his powers, as he was only capable of creating eight Frost Shards instead of twelve. However, this attack would ultimately still be deadly as each rectangular shard was capable of slicing through most armor like butter. Unfortunately, for the Yynglyng warrior, she had no such armor to protect herself and vulnerable to such a deadly assault. The Emperor flicked his hand, and then all eight shards of ice shot towards Uai.

The Emperor then glanced back down to see he was rapidly approaching the ground. Surely, a large fall would severely injure the Emperor and break several of his bones. If that didn’t end the battle, then the birds of Ionor would tear him apart. If somehow even they couldn't kill him, he would suffocate from the poisoned air that already began to fill his lungs. However, the Emperor was not worried at all whatsoever of the outcome for this battle, and the observant eye would notice that his enlarging shadow began to vibrate.

The Cold Emperor cackled as narrowly missed landing on top of the fallen tree, but his back came into contact with the ground. However, instead of a harsh impact, his body began to sink into his own shadow as if it was dark liquid. The next second, he was completely enveloped into his shadow, and his body disappeared into the terrain. The Emperor’s evil laughter echoed throughout the area as his shadow began to rush around the battlefield. It slid over the shattered pieces of ice, the branches of the fallen tree, and the crocodile’s decapitated carcass. However, the Emperor wasn’t retreating from the fight. He would rather die an extremely painful death than to dishonorable quit a battle. Instead, his shadow began to encircle around the tree that Uai resided on. It was like a shark underwater, waiting for its prey to come down.

Jacogos
04-03-2014, 12:05 AM
NO MUSIC, LATE

Finally managing to clamber completely onto the branch, Uai hissed as a sharp pain shot through her middle. Dammit... I broke something... she thought angrily. True, the landing wasn't quite what she was capable of, but surely it hadn't been enough to shatter her ribs. No use complaining about it now... Where is...? She glanced upwards, hand to her chest, just in time to watch her opponent step off his perch.

At first, surprise was all that registered on her face and in her mind. What is the fool...?! However, she had little time to continue the thought as the Cold Emperor plummeted by her, magical essence surrounding his fist. Uai's spirits futilely chased after him, cawing in rage that they were unable to touch him. They pulled away after a moment, giving up and returning to Uai for further command.

A split second after he passed her, ice shards shot from the Emperor's hand, aimed at her from below. Lucky for Uai, the tree's branch she was standing on acted as a partial shield, taking most of the shards fully and stopping them in their tracks. Two of the outer ones however, one on either side, sliced through her right leg and left arm, leaving bleeding cuts in their wake. Despite that, Uai was more focused on what was happening to her opponent.

Uai's eyes widened as, instead of crashing to the ground or recovering somehow, the Cold Emperor simply melted into the ground, slipping into a pool of darkness that must have been his shadow. Cursing quietly, Uai tried to watch the shadow move as it retreated, but instead of that, it simply began to circle the tree she was in, as if waiting for her.

Sly bastard... I can't hurt him like that, I bet... Looking back up, Uai found something she remembered was there: a bit of the Emperor's blood, which had spilled there from her spirit's first attack. Though her spirits were still out for a little more time, her opponent would likely not come up in time for her to use them. Therefore, her best bet was in her hemokinesis.

Taking control of the Emperor's magical blood, Uai slipped it down the tree in such a way that the Emperor might not notice it, keeping it against the bark and attempting to keep it on the opposite side that his shadow was on. If she could catch him by surprise with this ability, she might be able to pull a win out of this from behind... With that in mind, Uai began to descend the tree.

The first jump to a lower branch caused her to fall to her knee in sheer pain, the recoil of landing sending stabbing agony through her midsection. Recovering slowly, she prepared herself for the next jump and landed much more smoothly. One jump later, Uai was only a single jump from the ground. The Cold Emperor's shadow was coming around from her right, approaching in its continuous orbit at the base of the tree. His blood was still pooled where Uai was controlling it off to her left, away from her opponent's shadow. It was draining her energy quickly, keeping it at a distance like that, but at least he was magical, which made it much much easier to do.

Once the pool of ink was below her, Uai leaped from the branch she was on. Backwards. She still had just enough strength to manage a good distance, about ten feet further out from the tree in the opposite direction the ice mage was coming from. A few moments from landing, Uai sent her spirits one last time to bombard the man's shadow. Perhaps he wasn't invulnerable there, and there was surely only one way to try. Either way, after either a successful attack or a failed one, the spirits would finally return to Ionor, spiraling upwards into the sky and returning a few degrees of heat to the battlefield. This left Uai to land on the swampy ground with an audible grunt, ignoring the pain that was shooting through her chest.

Come on, you son of a bitch... I'm ready for you... This ends here! Uai roared mentally.

RedKayne
04-04-2014, 04:54 AM
The Knight of Destruction (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmtOxvPsFt0)

The Cold Emperor’s shadow slid across the melting, shattered ice upon the ground and watched its prey carefully. Uai descended down the tree, her body was clearly struggling with pain after the harsh impact against the branch from earlier. She was injured, and would soon weaken due to the thickening corruption of the poisoned air. It was just a matter of time before the Emperor would kill her.

His shadow slid under the lowest branch that Uai stood upon, and then she performed an impressive backwards flip. She landed on the swampy terrain and created some distance between herself and the malevolent shadow. The small pool of darkness stopped its movement, and then The Emperor Rises from his shadow. His body erupted from the pool, and his feet stepped upon solid ground once more. His eyes of blue-fire examine his opponent, but then glare at the birds of Ionor as their haunting shrieks echoed into the air. They charged at the black knight, preparing to tear him apart.

His left calf and right thigh seared with pain, reminding the Emperor of the sting of the spirits. The Emperor prepared to create another shield of ice, but then recalled something of this environment that he could use. It may even be a more effective shield then his weakened ice spell. The black knight crouched, his leg muscles tensed briefly before he pushed off from the ground. He jumped into the air, performing a large backwards somersault to dodge the first wave of spirits as they collided into the ground where the Emperor used to be seconds ago.

The Cold Emperor landed several feet behind his original location, his black-armor boots splashed onto the muddy field. Right in front of the ice lord was the corpse of his earlier prey, the headless body of the crocodile. Most of the ice upon the carcass already melted due to the intense humidity and high temperature of the area, and blood dripped from the defrosted stump. He knelt down and reached forth, grabbing onto the tail of the slain creature. He used his enhanced strength to lift up the large body from the ground and held it in front of him as a protective shield. The large carcass effectively covered most of the Emperor’s crouching body, and the slain creature’s back faced against the oncoming spirits.

Most of the birds performed a frontal assault and clashed against the crocodile’s back. They tore into its tough skin and sliced into its thick flesh. The Emperor could feel the carcass reverberate as it was sliced into ribbons. A few of the birds flew around the carcass, and were approaching the Emperor from both sides. He growled in annoyance as he stood up and swung the heavy body of the crocodile to his left and smashed it against the oncoming spirits. However, his right side was completely open, and the dark monarch immediately felt the consequences of his action. Two of the birds sliced against his right forearm, both of them cut right through the metal and made separate wounds upon his flesh. He cursed aloud from the pain. He knew it would be extremely difficult now to hold a weapon with that limb.

He dropped the bleeding mess of a carcass on to the ground, and it landed on to the mud with a loud thud. The obsidian warrior was breathing heavily after the short adrenaline rush. It was difficult to regain his breath, considering that the horrible stench of the air filled his lungs and left him gasping. However, even under the pressing circumstances, the Cold Emperor formed another devious smile. He successfully used the animal carcass and defended himself from the majority of Uai’s spirits, and those blasted birds finally departed as they spiraled upwards towards the sky and returned to their spiritual realm.

“I hope you’re not out of moves now, whore,” the Emperor cackled as he slowly began to approach his opponent. The mud splashed against his filthy black greaves with each step he took. “I would be disappointed if you’re running out of steam... because I’m just getting started,” his eyes flare up with excitement as he paused his steps. “Then again, I must admit... you are pathetically weak,” his wicked grin broadened. “Honestly, I show no mercy to worthless pieces of trash like you. However, there is something I need from you, so lets make a compromise. You never answered my earlier question about that Shade’s location. If you tell me where I can find that damn demon, then you will survive to fight another day. Believe it or not, I am a man of my word. So I will let you live, but only just barely,” he chuckled. “After all, I still need to win this tournament and face opponents who are actually worthy of my time.”

“However... If you refuse to tell me...” he began to speak his alternative option, which he fully expected to occur because of the blonde woman’s determined battle spirit. He was only about fifteen feet away from the tribal warrior, but she would already begin to feel a shift within the air... a new corruption of dark origins. She may have thought that this battle was coming to its end, but she was dead wrong. This battle was far from over, for it truly begun here. The Beginning Of A Legacy of their true battle will commence at this very moment.

It is time...

Dark-light flashed upon the open palm of his left hand, and then it quickly formed an orb of swirling dark energy. The black energy wrapped itself around his hand and quickly attached to his armor. The mass of energy then solidified into his most powerful and forbidden weapon yet. The Dark Gauntlet. The sapphire embedded into the palm of the gauntlet glimmered even under the lack of sunlight, and the Emperor raised up the newly-formed weapon and pointed it towards his opponent. “You will suffer a fate worse than death by the end of this battle,” the Cold Emperor warned with finality, for she was ill-prepared for The Emperor’s Wrath.

Quite a scary threat, I like it.

The Emperor’s body stiffened upon hearing the demonic whisper within his head. He was still not used to the ancient entity of the Dark Gauntlet speaking to him. Leave me be, this is my battle, the Emperor growled as dark memories of his past filled his mind. These memories fueled his anger, driving him towards an even darker path of vengeance. His eyes of blue-fire glare at his opponent, they planned to release his frustration upon the blonde warrior. Massive dark magic began to surround the index finger of the gauntlet, like a tornado of black gales. This ability drew upon the Emperor’s negative emotions and was fueled by his great anger and rage. This was the kind of power he would use to decimate his opponents, for he was The Sly Shadow that will forever haunt their dreams.

Yes, give into your undying rage. Let me take control of you...

I said leave me be! The Emperor roared within his mind, a dazzling blue light appeared from the focusing energy on his index finger. I will finish this battle myself. She is my opponent, not yours! He tried his best to ignore the voice, but instead attempted to pay attention to Uai’s next answer. He even attempted to focus on the pain of his wheezing lungs, if it could distract him from the corrupting whispers in his mind.

However, the memory of that tragic night flashed into his mind. The Emperor’s beloved was crying upon his bleeding chest, and a dark figure stepped behind her. There was a flash a steel, a pool of blood, and then the world fell apart. Ever since that night, vengeance became everything to the Emperor.

A whirlwind of dark energy began to surround The Knight of Destruction, and his vision became red.

Let me spill her blood, and you will be one step closer to completing your vengeance, Kyril...

Jacogos
04-06-2014, 12:15 AM
I refuse to submit; I won't lose my way (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7EcuqVhPE)

Blood was everywhere. The Emperor bled from multiple wounds. Uai had trails of blood down her arms and drawing new temporary tattoos along her body's curves. The decapitated reptile that the man had used as a shield was splattering blood all across the area where her opponent now stood. And even though this weapon was so obviously displayed before her, all Uai could think of was how tired she was.

"Heheheh... You humans all love to hear yourselves talk... Not surprisingly... You do nothing to back up your barking, dog..." Uai managed, her voice ragged from exhaustion and the oppressing air she was breathing. Slowly, she began to walk forward, towards her opponent as he finished summoning his new weapon. A small grin formed upon her lips as she drew the blood she had been holding down and along the ground. It slithered above the swampy water and grass like a corporeal shadow, crimson in color and thick in viscosity. With each step, more blood was added to this pool, drawn from her own body and the flecks that had sprayed outwards from the crocodile.

"I would not tell you where the Shade was even if I knew... Your battle is here, now, and with me..." Uai answered him, spitting the last few syllables. Such cockiness... such confidence... A shame that he would have to be erased.

But by the blood was she tired! It was becoming an effort just to continue moving forward. Faintly, Uai realized that her lack of energy was due to the drain of her controlling such a large amount of blood for so long out of sight. It didn't matter now, however. This was the final stretch, the last push. She would not falter now. Her prize was in her sights... and she wasn't about to let him escape. With all of this on her mind...

Uai began to pray.

Great Ionor... today, I have brought you a most worthy sacrifice... Another step forward. Strong in the body and mind and powerful beyond belief... Magic began to form at the tip of the Emperor's finger. This sacrifice I bring to you has fought many and slain nearly as much, losing rarely and always adapting to the challenges you place before us all... Time began to slow as Uai drew within five feet of her opponent, eyes locked on the burning orbs that were buried beneath that helmet.

She took another step forward.

Ionor, he who bathes in the red of my fallen enemies... I present to you a sacrifice like many others you have received, and yet also unlike them as well. For each sacrifice is unique, no matter how common the foe may be... Uai smiled slightly as she and her opponent drew within arm's reach of each other. The gauntlet descended, aiming for her heart. She knew it would. The Shade had warned her of this one attack, no matter how vaguely he had worded it.

Ionor, bringer of death and giver of bloodlust... I thank you for this opportunity to kill in your name, an opportunity you have given before and have yet to rescind. I thank you for the eternal battlefield you have set me in, for it continues to give me new foes to test my mettle against... Uai's left hand shot forward. In this motion, the Cold Emperor would see a replay of one dark and fateful night, when he fought the very man that he had asked of Uai before.

Even as... even... as my body falters, I feel you lending me your strength to finish. Uai's eyes widened and a cry of pain escaped her pale lips as her arm flash-froze, encompassing the entire limb in solid ice. The pain went away quickly, however, replaced by numbness, adrenaline, and, strangely, contentment.

Oh great Ionor.... I thank you for giving me this chance to fulfill your greatest wish of the yynglyng people... Her right arm was still free. Smiling tiredly, Uai brought up her hand as if grasping a ball, the rest of her energy pouring into one last attempt at defiance.

Even as my body gives way... The blood surrounding the two warriors, a pool large enough to fill an entire human body, began to rise into the air.

I know you are with me... The pool began to separate into different sections, five in total. The sections began to elongate, forming pointed spears that hovered in the air.

Thus, it is with the greatest of pleasure... The 'spears' of blood congealed, hardening into actual weapons that now pointed directly at the two deadlocked combatants.

"... that I present... the greatest sacrifice I have ever give you..." Uai spoke the last words, curling her fingers into a fist and bringing her arm down in a pumping motion.

"Me."

The blood-spears descended, and Uai's world went black.

Kris
04-17-2014, 02:27 AM
It was one of the hardest fights I had EVER had to judge. I needed to read it few times just to try and set my mind and keep my thoughts on it aside.

You two were incredible, but as I was force to take the scores and judge I was left with one winner.

RedKayne moves to the next round

Jacogos- 24

Writing Style: 9
-Ideas 3
-Flow 3
-Conventions 3

Effectiveness of Combat: 8
-Character Consistency 3
-Ingenuity 3
-Interaction 2

Control of the Field: 7
-Environmental Awareness 2