PDA

View Full Version : {M} Harvest Moon: Life in Twilight Valley (In-Character)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Crow
08-09-2010, 02:11 AM
A sun rose from atop the valley hills as the smell of morning dew wafted in the air. The sun began to illuminate the small town of Twilight Valley, Roosters crowed to announce the sun.

Within the Leaf Hotel, an elderly couple woke up in their bedroom and walked down the steps of the 3 floor hotel to the front desk. The woman, named Yunaki walked into the kitchen and began to cook breakfast for the empty Hotel... Well, it wasn't empty per-say, only four people lived in the building.

The man, named Nobu walked into the kitchen and gave his wife a kiss on the cheek "Mornin' Hun" he said smiling before he took a seat at the table built for four and began to read the paper. "Shall I wake up the children?" Yunaki asked plainly "Be my guest" Nobu said as he turned a page of his newspaper as she left the room to call up the steps "Kids! time to get up!" she yelled up the stairs.

The first of the two up was a purple-haired boy with a mop haircut, covering one eye. His name is Hanajii, The youngest of the two. "Coming mom" he said as he went down the steps and took a seat near his dad "Morning" he said as he flipped a bit of hair out of his face. Meanwhile, the elder of the two remained asleep in her bed with her long red hair surrounding her... Her name is Sera.

"Sera!" Yunaki said as she entered into the pink bedroom "It's morning. Get up!" she said as the red-head turned in her pleasent dream "Sera Tetsaru!" she said giving her a large nudge "Ow!" she said as she sat up "I was having a really good dream" she said rubbing her head "I'll be down in a bit, ok?" Sera said softly as her mother nodded and left the room to head downstairs. Sera looked out her window to the moutains and sighed.

Higurashi
08-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Caedan was tired. He had been walking all night. His motorcycle had broken down a few hours back, and he had been miles from anywhere. Now he ccould see a town in the distance. He thought it might be the place he had been looking for, but he wasn't sure. He could never tell with these country towns. They all seemed the same to him.

After another few minutes of walking, he finally made it into town. It seemed very small to him. Possibly only two dozen people, maximum, could be living in it. He continued walking, foot-sore, until he saw a sign stating "Hotel" on a rather large building, possibly the biggest in town. He had just made it through the door when his energy ran out, and he collapsed.

((Sorry for the small post D: ))

Crow
08-09-2010, 06:34 PM
[[It's alright. A small post is better than no post :P]]

Hanajii was walking out of the kitchen when he saw a man thump on the welcome mat inside the hotel "Father, Come quick!" he said as he went close to the passed out man. Nobu hurried into the room to look at them man "Let's get him upstairs, fast" the elderly man said as the men picked him up and began to carry them up the steps to a vacant room.

Sera was walking out of her bedroom wearing her favourite blue and white dress and walked down the third floor steps and ran into her father with a small startle "He passed out in the lobby" Hanajii said softly as they carried him into the second floor and put him into the bedroom and layed him on the bed "Hanajii, I want you to look after him until he comes to" Nobu said as he went back downstairs to meet with his wife and daughter. The young boy sat in a chair next to him and watched him.

Higurashi
08-09-2010, 06:47 PM
As Caedan lay asleep, he dreamed. His dreams were odd, always shifting, and never quite comming into focus. The best he could make out was shadows, what looked like a forest. As he continued to dream, the visions became nightmares, with twisted beings tormenting him. He broke out in a cold sweat, and began to trash around in his bed. His eyes were tightly closed, and he was now soaked in sweat.

After a couple of minutes, he stilled, and went into a deep, dreamless sleep. After another while, he awoke. As he blinked the sleep out of his eyes, he looked around the room, seeing a boy sitting in a chair near the bed. He wondered who he was. He didn't think about this for long, as he went back to sleep.

Crow
08-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Hanajii looked over at the man before seeing him fall asleep. He shifted his fringe a bit before standing up and moving close to him "You are an odd one..." he said softly as he then left the room to go for a walk.

Sera finished eating breakfast and then bowed before making her leave upstairs and starting her chores of making the beds. She entered into an empty room not too far away from the mysterious man as she began to change the linen and replace it with new sheets and fluff the pillows.

Wil Grieve
08-09-2010, 09:03 PM
The last dregs of winter still blew through the valley, with cool breezes disturbing the leaves and branches of the tall evergreens flocking the landscape. In his green striped shirt and brown slacks, the slender young man approached the looming hotel, his freshly washed hands carrying the mixed scent of flour and loosely applied hand sanitizer. A pink box rested in his palms, his thumbs wrapped up around the sides feeling the frozen air oscillating inside the container. It was a feeling he would miss as the temperatures rose and he was no longer able to deliver his famous ice cream cakes, which melted quickly in the valley's normal climate.

The day looked to be a slow one at the shop, but he didn’t mind. The day seemed to be slow in general, so the customers he did receive were more than happy to stick around for a while. He was glad that his shop was perceived as such a comfortable little hole-in-the-wall. He was certain that he saw every townsperson at least twice a week. The new coffee seemed to be a hit, as well; the nutty taste resonated well with the shop’s rustic charm in this small country town. He’d been surprised that morning by his father and sister, who rarely ventured over to this side of town in the winter due to a now-diminishing flu epidemic. They ordered the same thing as usual, a slice of his carrot cake that they liked to split, and each had a cup of the fresh brew. Vowing to visit more often, they left satisfied.

He walked into the hotel lobby with the ice cream cake balanced in his left hand, his characteristic awkward-yet-charming smile playing over his face in expectance of the family’s greeting.

“One chocolate rocky road ice cream cake for the Tetsaru family!”

Crow
08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Sera finished changing the sheets and set a little orange-flavoured mint on the pillows. She then walked past the room currently occupied by the passed out man and took a peek to see if he was alright... She then noticed that her brother left post as she rolled her eyes and shut the door, it was a bit louder than she should have shut it. She then walked down the steps to go for a walk around town.

"Ah-Ah-Ahh, Just a minute" Yunaki said as her son almost took a step out of the front door "It seems that it's Sera's day for a break. She already made the beds, All you have to do is the laundry" she said as her son frowned "No fair! how come she get's a break?" he sad with a pout "Well, she finishes her chores early" she said with a smile as her daughter began to walk to the front door "Oh, Sera. I need you to go and pick up some berries on your walk... I'll need them for making jam. Your father has been bugging me to make it all year" she said as her daughter then nodded and picked up a basket and stepped outside to walk.

PantsTheReaper
08-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Alan rubbed his eyes. The worst part of being a bartender was always kicking out that last guy who refused to go home. With him, it was the fact that they always seemed to be avoiding their trouble. Some were reasonable, some were much less so. Today, the avoidance was reasonable. One of his regulars had just come back, shot down by a girl he'd been crushing on for months. Alan had chatted with him and comforted him. Then given him a bottle of wine as a gift.

But he refused to leave. To force him, Alan decided to call his tab a week early. Like everyone else, it cleared him out without issue.

((This post was mostly irrelevant. I'm just trying to establish my place.))

Crow
08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Sera took a breath of fresh air into her lungs as she walked along the well-kept street. She was on her way to the forest to get the berries her mother had requested, which you had to walk through town to get to it. The older residents smiled as she walked by, She bowed to them with a smile "Why good morning young Sera" The mayor said smiling as he tipped his hat to her "Good morning Mayor Jesthford" she said softly as she curtseyed "Lovely day, isn't it?" she said as the mayor nodded "Well, I must be going. Mother is expecting me to gather berries to make jam with" Sera said as she held her basket in front of her "Oooo, my wife and I will have to come by later and taste it" he said smiling as Sera giggled "Have a good day!" the mayor said as he waved to her as she smiled and walked towards the forest.

Higurashi
08-10-2010, 01:53 AM
Caedan blinked the sleep out of his eyes again. He had been awoken by a rather loud noise. At least, it had seemed loud to him. The blood was pounding in his head, and his ears were oversensitive. AS he rolled out of bed, he forgot to put his feet down and landed on the floor rather hard. Groaning, he stumbled to his feet, looking around the room as he did so. He remembered tthat there had been a boy sitting next to his bed earlier. Caedan wondered where he had gone.

He shakily walked over to the door, noticing that there was a peircing pain in his feet. He shrugged the pain off. He figured that it would be worth it to make it out of the room at least. When he reached the door, Caedan practically had to pull his hand up to the door handle. It felt like he was dragging cement bricks on his arms. He placed his handle and turned it, opening the door.

He continued walking until he came to the stairs. Those were going to be a problem to say the least. He could barely walk, let alone climb down stairs. But, he had to try. Cautiously, one step at a time, Caedan stumbled down the steps. He nearly fell a couple of times, but was saved by a guide-rail. He thanked silently whoever had been so decent as to put a rail there during construction. Finally, he reached the bottom of the stairs.

Crow
08-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Nobu turned around at hearing some stumbling as he looked over from across his desk "Ah, I see you have come to..." he said with a smile "If you like, you can have a seat in the kitchen and my wife will make you a bite to eat" he said as he stood up to try and help the man out.

Crow
08-10-2010, 03:09 PM
An alarm clock went off in the twins bedroom as they both hit it at the same time "Morning" they both said as they got out of bed in unisin, got dressed and went to the bathroom to go and brush their teeth "Do you think we'll have lots of people today Julia?" Julie said softly "Well, of course we will" Julia said softly "We are the only general store in town that sells seeds" she sais before swishing some mouthwash "Hmm, Good point" Julie said as she finished and began to brush her hair while walking downstairs "I'll go and open up shop" she said as she then unlocked the door and flipped the sign to open.

Sir Manguydude
08-10-2010, 05:48 PM
"YAWN!"

Joe knew what day it was, and he was glad. It was the day he designated for mining, as he grabbed his Gold Hammer, and grabbed his closed sign.

Closed for Mining, if needed I will be in the Maluus Mine

Joe turned around, locking the door, placing the sign on the door, his hammer over his shoulder, and began to walk towards the mine.

Crow
08-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Sera walked along the forest path, her basket in tow as she looked ahead and hummed a sweet tune, the mine was located within the forest and she figured it would make her dress all dirty if she went down there. So she continued down the path spying a full berry bush as she knelt down and began to pick a few and stick them in her basket.

PantsTheReaper
08-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Alan locked up his shop and made his way through town with a large sack in hand. One of the few things this town didn't grow was grapes, all the vines growing in the forest. Wine was expensive, usually running at about 50G a bottle for the better ones. So making his own was cheaper, albeit time consuming. It didn't matter to him if it took time, though.

Inside the forest, Alan walked with a leisurely pace, looking about for grapes. Along the way, he spotted a familiar face. "Well if it isn't little Sera," he called. "How're you doing? Staying out of trouble?"

Crow
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
Sera looked up when she heard her voice and turned around "Oh! Hello Mr. Remanti" she said with a curtsey "I'm good, just collecting some berries for making jam with" she said as she swayed her basket back and forth with a sweet smile on her face.

Sir Manguydude
08-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Joe entered the forest, not much longer till he got to the mine now. He saw Alan and Sera talking to each other, and approached them. Joe's eyes flicked up and down Sera's body, "checking her out" so to speak.

"Top of the morning to you both," Joe said.

Crow
08-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Sera smiled "Good morning Joe" she said with a smile "It's a lovely day isn't it?" she said as she held her half full basket "If you guys will excuse me, I have to get back to picking berries. Mother is expecting them" she said as she curtseyed and walked away further into the forest.

Crow
08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
[[Remember folks, you have to let me know when to add hearts to the relationship-o-meter ^ ^]]

Higurashi
08-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Caedan stumbled over to the counter, leaning against it. "Y-yes.... that would be nice." He stuttered out. As the man helped him into the kitchen, Caedan quessed that he was the owner. Sitting, or rather falling down onto a barstool Caedan leaned against the island in the middle of the kitchen.

Crow
08-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Hanajii looked up from reading the comic section of the newspaper for a sec before looking down again at his paper. Yunaki walked in "Oh, hello there" she said smiling "You must be the man my son was talking about" she said softly as she tied on an apron "Yup, that's him" Hanajii said as he didn't even look up from his paper "My name is Yunaki Tetsaru, The man that lead you in here is my husband Nobu" she said as she cracked 2 eggs into a frying pan and added some bacon into it. "That boy over there is my son, Hanajii" she then put some toast in the toaster and set out some of her famous berry jam on the table before pouring him a cup of tea.

PantsTheReaper
08-10-2010, 07:33 PM
"Well hello there, Mr. Mohr," greeted Alan. "Can't be easy being the miner and blacksmith. How are you holding up?"

When Sera said goodbye, he gave her a lazy wave. "Goodbye, Ms. Tetsaru." He inspected the bush she was picking from and popped a berry into his mouth. He noted the good flavor and began picking them. "So I noticed you were seeing if the fruit was ripe, Joe, if you understand me."

Sir Manguydude
08-10-2010, 08:55 PM
"Pretty good, though there are more pros then cons in this line of work," Joe Replied. "Our mine is so safe, that even kids could play around in it, though I do not recommend, with all the cracked flooring, who knows what could happen."

Joe waved at Sera, smiling all as she walked away.

"Uh....sure....I guess." Joe's face was flustered, obviously embarrassed. "So...what are you up to today Alan?"

Crow
08-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Sera walked along the path and found another bush full of strawberries and smiled "Jackpot" she wispered to herself as she bent down and picked the strawberries off the bush and put them in her basket "Mom's gonna love this" she said as she looked up to a tree and found a shiny apple, Her favourite!. She went up on her tippy toes to try and reach it even lifting one leg a bit as her fingertips toched the edge of the apple.

PantsTheReaper
08-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Alan laughed. "Changing the subject, are we? If you must know, I'm picking grapes and berries to make wine and juice. The good stuff is expensive to import. Not to mention I had to bribe my final customer with a free bottle to get him out." He stopped to take a look at the bush. It still had plenty, but his sack was getting too heavy for the berries. Any more and the bottom ones would probably be crushed. "Well I'm just about done here. I'll be heading back. See you around, Joe."

He started walking but stopped. "Oh, one more thing. I suggest buying her something sweet. Ice cream, candy, even fruit. Doesn't look like the type to like sour stuff, though. She's still a kid after all, but God help you if you tell a woman that." Alan laughed again before walking off.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Caedan stared at the cup of tea, not realizing what it was for a few moments. When it finally got into his head that it was a warm drink, he gratefully cupped it in hiss hands and took a draught from it. Mumbling a horse, "Thank you." The warm liquid poured down his throat, easing some of the soarness. He had run, and walked, a long way in the cold air. It might have even given him a cold. He took another small sip of the tea, liking the tase.

Crow
08-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Sera leaped a bit as she grabbed the apple in her hand and placed it in the basket. She smiled like a kid on christmas as she gently placed it in the basket and began to walk along the path heading towards the other end and walking home with her full basket in tow.

Crow
08-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Yunaki finished cooking the bacon and eggs and put them on a plate with the two slices of toast, she then grabbed a fork and a knife and placed them on the table with the breakfast she made for the man "Try some of the Jam" Hanajii said as he flipped the page in his newspaper "It's mom's specialty"

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Caedan stared at the food for a second before heartily digging in. It tasted great, especially the toast and jam. He said as much. "This is fabulous." Was all he could get out between bites.

Crow
08-11-2010, 01:43 AM
Yunaki giggled "Thanks, the Jam Is homemade" she said softly as she began to clean up a bit "In fact, I'm planning on making some fresh jars of them today once my daughter get's home" with that statement, the door opened "Ah, there she is now" she said as her daughter walked into the Kitchen "Hello Mother, I found some really good berries today. I even found some strawberries" she said before she looked down at the man as he shoveled food into his mouth and couldn't help but smile and giggle a bit "These look wonderful, Thanks" Yunaki said softly.

"Here, you have a bit of egg on your cheek" Sera said softly as she pulled out her Lilac-scented hankerchief and gently wiped his cheek clean "There we are" she said smiling before setting the Basket on the counter and making her leave "Oh" she said turning around "I'm Sera, by the way" she said with a sweet smile as she then left the kitchen and went upstairs to change the man's bed sheets.

Sir Manguydude
08-11-2010, 02:57 AM
"Thank you, and have a nice remainder of your day."

Joe smiled and continued into the forest. He approached the mine entrance and quickly began going through the mine. He knew a secret to getting down quickly, where all the rare gems were.

He pulled out his hammer, and began pounding on rocks, once he got to the 63rd floor. He pulled out a bunch of Gold Ore, and three pieces of Rare Metal. His pack was hefty, as he approached the stairs. He stepped up the first flight, and miraculously was back at the first level. It was as though the Harvest Goddess had blessed this staircase.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 03:24 PM
Caedan blushed when she wiped the peice of egg off his cheek. It was only a faint redness around his cheeks, but it was still apparent. As he watched the girl, who said her name was Sera, move away, he noticed that she was rather pretty. He blushed more and stared at the now empty plate.

Crow
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Sera walked up the steps and got out some fresh linnen for his bed, she gently opened the door and began to change the bedding for him. Humming a sweet tune in her head.

Yunaki smiled as she gently took his plate and untensils and put them in the sink. "So, What brings you to Twilight Valley?" she said as she leaned on the island.

Allan-Hatai
08-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Mel stretched as the sunlight coming in her window touched her face. Mother had let her sleep in this morning, knowing she'd been up late re-cataloging books in the library. She hadn't been librarian long, and the last one had clearly had no idea of how to sort books. The shelves were a mess! Thinking of which, she really should get out of bed, grab some sort of breakfast, and go to work. She grinned at the ceiling, then eased out of bed to make sure her two cats weren't thrown to the floor.
She thought about them as she dressed and went down the stairs. As kittens, she'd been unable to resist those eyes and let them sleep with her. After that, they always managed to get in her room at night, even if she locked the door. She finally stopped trying to keep them out.
"Any word from Liero?" she asked as she walked into the kitchen, grinning again as she saw her mom on her dad's lap.
Tiala jumped up, flustered. "Um, no, not since yesterday. Let me get you your breakfast."
Mel shared a glance with Kaethar, whose eyes were twinkling. For sure, Mel and Lieto had never doubted that their parents loved each other. Now they wanted Mel to find someone for herself. It was right there in the look her dad gave her. He wanted to talk about potential guys, but she pretended not to notice as she ate her breakfast.
"Bye!" she said, finally able to escape to her job of cleaning up the library. She complained about it, but really she reveled in the disorganization. It gave her something to do in what would normally be a pretty empty library. She was working on getting books that people actually wanted to read, instead of the dry, dusty self-help books, biographies, histories, and manuals that littered the shelves now. But that would have to wait for money.
Mel inhaled deep as she unlocked the door and opened it. She loved the smell of books, old and new. For a time, she'd been afraid she'd have to work at the bar, and who knew what would happen there? No, she was much happier here with her books, but it could also be a little...lonely.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Caedan stared at the island, embarresed. "Well." He said tentavely. "I came to start a new life. I was tired of life in the city... and I thought I might try my hand at cattle ranching." He cotinued staring at the island's counter top. It probably sound like a stupid idea, he thought to himself.

Crow
08-11-2010, 04:41 PM
"Oh wonderful" Yunaki said smiling "We could use one of those... The old rancher passed some time ago, and his plot of land it a bit old and decrepid." She said softly "I'll get Sera to take you to it later on today once she is finished changing your bedsheets" she said smiling sweetly "Can I come with?" Hanajii said as he set down his paper "Well it's up to... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name" she said as she lightly smacked herself on the forehead.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Caedan looked up when she mentioned the plot of land. Could I buy it? he wonderedd to himself. Wait.... the old man died awhile ago.... that means nobody owns it! "My name is Caedan." He said with a smile. "It would be wondeful if she would be willing to take me up there." He then looked at Hanajii. "Sure, you can come."

Crow
08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
"Oh, I'm sure she would be. Caedan" Yunaki said softly as she stood up and began to do the dishes.

Sera finished changing the sheets and left an orange flavoured mint on his pillow and then put the dirty sheets into the laundry chute leading to the basement. She then walked downstairs and into the kitchen "Alrighty" she said with a smile "Chores are done" she said as she took a seat at the island "Ok, Good" Yunaki said something "Caedan here was wondering if you could take him out to the old Twin Rose Ranch" she said softly as Sera smiled "Sure thing" Sera said smiling sweetly.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Caedan smiled and got up from his seat. After the rest and the meal he was feeling much better. He was still a little shakey however, and unsteady on his feet. He gribbed the side of the island to steady himself.

Crow
08-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Sera smiled as she offered her hand to help the man out, she had a sweet smile on her face. "It's not to far away from here" she said softly. Hanajii stood up and then walked beside Sera.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Caedan gently took Sera's hand as they walked out of the hotel and up the road. he didn't lean on her for support so the say, but rather used her hand to balance himself. He noticed that it was quite soft around the palms, but had caluses at the fingertips.

Crow
08-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Sera blushed a bit as they walked, some of the older residents looked on at them a bit, some awed... And some wispered amongst themselves "Should we tell Nobu?" an old man wispered to his wife "I'm not sure, I don't want to see the poor girl sad" the wife said to the husband.

Up ahead was an unlocked wooden gate with two roses on the top "Well, here we are" Sera said as she slowly opened the gate, "The house collapsed last month... But the Barn and the Bird Coop are ok" she said as she looked on at the feild filled with weeds, stones and tree stumps "The old Rancher really did go out of his way to make sure his animals were in perfect condition... Though it doesn't look very good today, A few years ago it was the most beautiful Ranch in the area"

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Caedan did in fact notice the people watching him. He wondered what was wrong. It never entered his head that the girl who's hand he was holding could be totally off limits to guys in the area. When they reached the ranch, it was as bad as he hoped it wouldn't be.

Scratching the back of his head with his free hand, he inspected the farm. It was of suitable size, big enough to hold an entire heard of cows and other livestock. As he looked over it, he could see that everything would need to be repaired or totally rebuilt. The barn for instance needed some internal repairs, the roof replaced, and a new coat of paint. Nodding his head, he let go of Sera's hand walking up to the gate. he pushed it open, making it creak with age. "Sure, this'll work... but can I stay at your family's hotel until I get the house rebuilt?" he said.

Crow
08-11-2010, 06:33 PM
"Oh course" Sera said smiling "If you want, Hanajii and I can help out too" she said softly "Hanajii is really energetic and can pull out weeds" she said with a smile "And Sera is good at painting, not to mention cooking too" Hanajii said with a determined nod "Her Snow Bunnies and Riceballs are to die for" he said as his sister blushed a bit.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Caedan smiled back at the two of them. He was glad that they were willing to help. It wasn't often that people actually offered something to him without being asked to. He let go of the gate and walked back to them. "Sure, we can get all of this done. But I'll need to get some supplies. It'll take time, so let start as soon as we can."

Crow
08-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Sera and Hanajii nodded at the same time. Hanajii smiled 'Maybe he'll be the one to change Papa's mind...' he thought "Well, I think we should first make a checklist of what we need to do so we can prioritize... I know the Twins won't mind giving us a hand" he said as he made a thinking face "Well, we first have to ask them" Sera said to Hanajii before she looked over to Caedan and smiled before her bunny-shapped watch went off "Oh my! I gotta go and get started on dinner with mom. Hanajii, Can you show him around the rest of the town?" she said as her brother nodded.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Caedan watched as Sera walked off. She's very pretty. he thought to himself. He looked back at Hanajii and waited for him to lead the way.

Crow
08-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Sera waved before rushing off towards the house. Hanajii then nodded before walking on the well kept streets, Approaching the seed shop "I'm sure that Papa will allow you to borrow his tools until you can afford your own" he said as he opened the door of the seed shop as a little chime went off.

"Oh, Hello Hanajii-kun" Julia said softly as she looked up from behind the counter as Julie looked down blushing before closing her book and going upstairs "Oh, don't mind her" Julia said rolling her eyes.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 08:02 PM
As Caedan walked into the shop, he imeadiantly noticed stacks and stacks of seeds everywhere. They were of all kinds, shapes, and sizes. He was fascinated with all the diffent types.

Crow
08-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Hanajii smiled "This is Caedan, He's going to be the new Rancher of Twilight Valley" he said softly "Oh, that's very good" Julia said smiling "Then I guess you'll be a regular, eh?" she said as she blushed a bit "I'm Julianna, and my twin upstairs is Juliette" she said as she walked over to the stairwell "Julie, will you at least come down and say hello?" she said as no response was said "Well, She looks just like me, but has blue hair and blue eyes" she said giggling to herself as she pulled out two bags of grass seed and 2 bags of fertilizer "Here, have this as a welcoming gift to Twilight Valley. You'll probably need it" she said as she bowed.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Caedan walked over to the counter and accepted the gifts. "Thank you very much." Was all he was able to say. The bags were very heavy. It wasn't that Caedan couldn't hold them, but rather that he was saving his breath.

PantsTheReaper
08-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Work was done, the bar was closed, and Alan had nothing left to do. He had no business with the seed shop, he didn't live at the hotel, he already had baked goods, and what would he do in a mine? All that was left was the library, possibly the only source of entertainment for him outside of work hours. TV could only do so much with four local channels.

Once he was inside, Alan noticed something. Someone had organized the shelves. Usually it was keep looking until you find the fiction book you want next to the twenty-eighth encyclopedia. He shrugged and took the book to the front desk. It was empty, but he had time to kill and just waited.

Crow
08-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Sera walked into the hotel and stepped into the kitchen "Ah, Sera! you're just in time" Yunaki said as she got out some potatoes that have yet to be peeled "Tonight we are making Stew and Noodles" she said as Sera smiled "Oooo, sounds yummy" Sera said as she went over to the pot and washed the potatoes before cutting them up with some carrots and onions. Her mother worked on making the noodles by hand.

Hanajii took the bags of grass to help out "You can keep them in our shed for now" he said with a smile as Julia got the door for them "Bye now" she said as she waved off the two men.

Higurashi
08-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Caedan nodded to her as they walked out the door. THe bags were really getting heavy, and he was glad when they reached the hotel. He set the fertilizer and seeds down in the shed then walked back into the hotel.

Crow
08-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Nobu sat at the desk with an expressionless face as the boys walked in "Hello Papa" Hanajii said as the old man remained expressionless. Hanajii then looked down and away, this meant that papa was mad about something... He then rushed downstairs to get started on the laundry.

Yunaki heard the door open and tensed up a bit "Oh boy" she said as she continued to make the noodles "Your father isn't going to be too pleased..." she said as Sera rasied an eyebrow "Why is he mad?" Sera asked curiously "Well... It's Guy-Talk, Dearie. And we'll leave it at that" Yunaki said softly.

"Caedan, can we have a talk in my study?" Nobu said as he stood up. For an old man, he was strong and tall... He then opened the door to his private study.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Caedan got a bemused (Something akin to confused but lesser) look on his face. He had no idea that he had done anything wrong. He simply nodded and walked into Nobu's study. It was very neat and organized. He stood int he middle of the floor, waiting for Nobu to come in.

Crow
08-12-2010, 01:12 AM
Nobu closed the door and stood near the middle of the room, admiring his weapons collection on the wall "Oh, please do have a seat" he said as he directed his hand to two dark green victorian-esque chairs, He slowly took a seat and folded his left leg over the other "So..." he said as he looked up at his collection of various weapons "What exactly are your intentions?" he asked very plainly.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Caedan sat down on the edge of the seat, waiting for Nobu to speak. He was in fact very surprised at what he said. It took him several moments to reply. "I-I'm not sure that I understand sir." He said. "I came here to start a new life." It was obvious that Caedan had no idea about what Nobu was actually talking about.

Crow
08-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Nobu shook his head "I meant what are your intentions with my daughter, young man" he said as he was getting slowly peeved. He then stood up and began to spy for something in his liquor cabinet.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Caedan blinked. He really hadn't been expecting anything related to Sera coming into this conversation. "I... uhm...." Caedan stammered out, blushing profusely."I know what you mean sir.... but why do you ask this? All I know is that your daughter is pretty... but I don't think of he in that way."

Crow
08-12-2010, 02:22 AM
Nobu found some Innis&Gunn and opened it before pouring it into two highball glasses "Hmmph" he said as he turned around and handed Caedan his glass before walking towards the door "Any funny business with my daughter... And I'll be sure to have your head for it" he said as he opened the door and Hanajii spilled into the room. Nobu's expression was angry as he left the room. He would have a discussion with his son later on about privacy.

Hanajii looked down at the floor before getting up and leaving the room with a skinned knee. He then walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table "Hanajii, what happened?" Sera asked as she looked at his knee and went to grab the bandages "I fell" he said as he looked down at his knee as his sister cleaned up his scrape.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Caedan blinked looking at Nobu as he walke out. He then took the drink and gulped it down. He didn't care that Hanijii was listening. But what Nobu had said got him thinking. Why is the man so overprotective of his daughter? He wondered. I didn't even do anything.

Crow
08-12-2010, 02:34 AM
Sera finished cleaning up Hanajiis scrape and put a band-aid on it "There you go, All better" she said softly as she smiled sweetly "Now, you can go and wash up for dinner. It'll be ready soon" she said with a smile as Hanajii went off to go wash his hands.

Yunaki stirred the stew and added the noodles to it to absorb some of the water "Here, you can go wash up too" she said softly as she got out some bowls. Sera then walked over to the washroom and began to wash her hands with lilac-scented soap.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Caedan exited the study, wondering what he should do. Was he still supposed to stay at the hotel? He honestly didn't know.

Crow
08-12-2010, 04:10 AM
Yunaki finished putting the bowls on the table filled with the noodles and stew. She then stepped out of the kitchen and saw Caedan "Oh, Hello there. Dinner is ready and on the table" she said softly as she looked over at her husband sitting at the dinner table with his un-lit pipe sticking out of his mouth and then back at the new guest "Don't worry about him" she said with a wink "He's just a grumpy old man" she said as she held her hands to her lap "I heard that" Nobu said from the kitchen as she then giggled.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 04:11 AM
Caedan sat down at the table, still not sure that he was still supposed to be here. He pulled out his cell, seeing if he could phone his family. When he flipped it open, the cell gave a beep and a 'no signal' symbol appeared on the screen.

Crow
08-12-2010, 04:20 AM
Sera and Hanajii walked into the kitchen and took a seat, Sera sat beside Caedan and smiled. As soon as his daughter walked in, Nobu put away his pipe and his anger turned to happiness. His wife sat down next to Nobu giving him a cute smile "So, Caedan will be staying with us tonight" Yunaki said with a smile as Nobu looked on "Oh! oh yes" he said as he then picked up a fork and began to eat. Sera and Hanajii's faces both turned to smiles.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Caedan took his own utensils and dug in. Despite having eaten a large breakfast, he was really hungry.

Crow
08-12-2010, 04:44 AM
Sera giggled a bit before she picked up a fork and began to eat. She loved her mothers homemade noodles, but the stew she made really added to it in a good way. Hanajii ate with a smile, he loved his sister's cooking alot and couldn't wait to start on Caedan's ranch so he could have more of it.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Caedan quickly finished his meal. It was almost like he was a vaccum, sucking up every last bit of food pushed his way. He wasn't really thinking about the possibility that he looked stupid at this point. Food came first.

Crow
08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Yunaki smiled "There is more in the soup pot if you are still hungry" she said before she finished eating "So, how did your trip to Twin Rose go?" she said softly as Hanajii put his fork down "It went well! Sera and I were wondering if we can go an help out with getting the ranch up and running" he said smiling as Nobu smiled "It's good to see you having initiative, Hanajii. I don't see why not" he said as Sera's face lit up with happiness "Oh thank you!" she said happily before she finished eating.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Caedan shook hiss head. While he had eaten quickly and with vigour, he wasn't hungry anymore. He quietly got up from the table and collected the dishes once everyone was done, putting them in the sink.

Crow
08-12-2010, 04:00 PM
"Oh thank you Caedan" Yunaki said with a smile as the rest of the family stood up. Hanajii smiled "Well, If you want to Caedan... We can get started on a priority list up in my room" he said with a smirk, Sera then walked over to the sink and began to do the dishes. Blushing a bit as she stood next to Caedan.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Caedan nodded to Hanajii, then turned his attention back to the dishes. He washed them quickly, as he had had much practice at home.

Crow
08-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Sera smiled as she then began to dry the dishes and put them in the cabinets. Hanajii then nodded and began to walk out of the kitchen, but not before Nobu gave a look saying 'I'm watching you' to Caedan. "Here, my room is up on the third floor" he said as he walked up the steps to the third floor, it had 4 doors to it "My room is across from Sera's" he said as he entered into a blue room with a desk and papers scattered on it "Sorry about the cluttered desk" he said with a smirk as he took out a few sheets of paper and a pen that had little sheeps on it.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Caedan left the sink and went into Hanajii's room. He thought is was painted a nice color. He simply nodded amd walked over to the desk. "Well.... the first things I can think of would be wood, nails, a couple of hammers, and a saw. We would to get the house built and the barn repaired first.

Crow
08-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Hanajii nodded as he wrote them down "We can get most of that from the Blacksmith. Wood, I think we can chop some of the stumps and branches on your feild for that" he said with a nod. Sera walked up the stairs and opened the door to her pink bedroom, but looked back at Caedan and smiled before closing her door and sitting at her desk and pulling out her journal.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Caedan smiled back, then thought for a bit. He then recited a number of things neccesary to building a house off the top of his head. After he finished that he began to think about working the land. "I suppose we'll also need some tools for farming."

Crow
08-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Hanajii nodded "We have an axe, a sicle, a hoe, a watering can and a hammer in our shed" he said softly "I guess Papa won't mind if you used them" he said as he smiled "Sera can use the broom to help clean up in the coop and the barn to get it ready for the animals"

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 05:43 PM
"Hmm. That makes me think. Where am I going to get the animals? Of course thats not an issue at the moment. But I still need to figure that out. Its not like they're going to magically appear out of thin air."

Crow
08-12-2010, 05:55 PM
"Well, I know that The Shippery can place an order for them for you when the time comes" Hanajii said as he thought a bit. Sera layed back on her bed, thinking of what the ranch will look like when it's done.

Nobu stood up and began to walk out to the front door "I'm going to the bar" he said softly as his wife nodded and waved him off before walking down and across the way towards the bar.

PantsTheReaper
08-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Alan glanced at his watch. He'd been waiting for half an hour and still nothing. With a grunt he turned and left the book on the desk. The bar was supposed to open five minutes ago.

When he made it to the bar, it was ten minutes past the open time and a few of his regulars stood outside. "Hey, Alan," said one, "what took you so long?"

"I got caught up with something," he said. "Don't worry about it. One time thing."

"It better be. I was this close to breaking your windows!" The customer gave a hearty laugh.

"Do that and I'll double your tab," shot Alan, unlocking the door. The people pushed in behind him and gave his multiple orders as he went up to the counter. Tonight seemed like it was going to make up for lost time. Nothing amused him more than the tall tales constantly told by patrons trying to one-up each other.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Caedan nodded, and after a couple of minutes, he couldnj't think of anything else. "One last thing." he said. "How much will it cost to stay here?"

Crow
08-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Nobu stepped into the bar about 10 minutes after it opened he took a seat at the end of the bar. it seemed very busy tonight... But hell, it was the end of the day after all. "Hey Alan" he said with a smile.

"Don't worry about that" Hanajii said with a smile "It's rare that we ever have people stay, so it's on the house... Plus i'm sure that Sera would appreciate it too" he said with a wink.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 06:39 PM
"Oh..... okay." Caedan said. "Well, I suppose thats all for now." After he said this and went over to his own room. When he walked inside, he saw that his sheets were freshly changed. Smiling, he sat down on the bed and promptly fell asleep.

Crow
08-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Hanajii nodded and waved off Caedan as he left his room. He then pulled out another peice of paper and began to sketch out the inside of the barn and the coop... He also began to draw the different animals. Cows, Horses, Sheep, Goats, Llamas, Alpacas, Ostriches, Chickens, Ducks, Silkworms, Honeybees... it made him slip into daydreams as he then went to lay down on his bed where he quickly fell asleep.

Sera began to quietly stand up and sneak down the hallway, taking a peek inside her parents room to see her mother asleep... Then looking into her brother's room to see him surrounded by his drawings dead asleep. She began to walk down the stairs and outside to the shed where she grabbed a lanturn and began to walk out of the backyard and towards the old Twin Rose ranch.

Higurashi
08-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Caedan woe up when he heard someone walking through the hallway. He got up from his bed quietly, opening the door a crack. He saw Sera going out the front door. He wondered what she was doing and followed after her. He walked through the dark, stumbling a few times, but keeping quiet.

Crow
08-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Sera looked around the area before opening up the gate and slipping inside. When she was out of view from the street, she turned on the lanturn and entered into the barn... The light then Illuminated the barn as she set it down and wistled lightly as a sheep with pink-tinged wool and a red ribbon around it's neck and a black dog with a green bandana around it's neck came out of their hiding spot "Hey guys!" she said happily as she gently gave them both a hug. The dog licked her face happily and the sheep snuggled into her happily.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Caedan continued walking. He saw the light turn into the Twin Rose Ranch, and disappear from sight. He hurried to the gate, and sae a light coming from the barn. He quitetly crept over, looking through a crack, seeing Sera, a sheep, and a dog.

Crow
08-13-2010, 12:12 AM
"I'd thought i'd never get to see you guys today" Sera wispered as she pulled some fodder out of her pocked and began to hand feed the sheep "I'll have to smuggle the clippers from the house tomorrow, Isalea" she said as the sheep baa'ed in agreement "It'll be alot cooler without your coat on" she said happily. She then took out some of the stew she had made earlier and poured it into a dog bowl with the name 'Lupo' on it, the dog ate happily.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Caedan watched in confusion. He wasn't sure what was going on. Why would the girl sneak out of the house to go see a dog and a sheep? he had positively no idea. But, he made a mistake. He placed his foot in the wrong place, slipping, and banging his head against the barn.

Crow
08-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Sera jumped as the dog then growled, the sheep then cowered backwards in fear. She then began to step forward to see what was going on outside before Lupo walked in front of her. Lupo continued to growl and he then barked, Sera then sat down next to Isalea to try and calm her down.

PantsTheReaper
08-13-2010, 12:29 AM
"Why hello there, Nobu," greeted Alan. "Some pigeons tell me that you've adopted." He laughed. He stopped cleaning the glass in his hand to inspect it. "So why don't you tell me and your good buddy Mr. Alcohol all about it, eh?" He put down the glass. "What'll it be?"

Crow
08-13-2010, 12:35 AM
"I'll have a shot of wiskey" Nobu said with a smirk "Oh boy" he said as he shook his head "So this boy comes in from the big city, passes out on our front stoop... He wakes up and then get this, he begins to eye my little Sera!" he said with a ticked look on his face "He wants to become the new rancher, he's gonna be staying with us 'till his house is done being built..."

PantsTheReaper
08-13-2010, 12:55 AM
"I may not be as old as you," said Alan, pouring whiskey into a shot glass, "and I may not have kids, but I can see where you're coming from. Had something link that happen to my sister one. New kid in town, she thought he was all that while I hated his guts. So what did I do? Well, I'll tell you when you figure out this little problem yourself.

"You have to remember that Sera's eighteen now. If I remember, you scared off more than half of her boyfriends. Come on, she's bound to find someone. Hell, I found Joe checking her out earlier today, so you can hardly be surprised.

"But either way, it'll be good having a rancher around. Won't have to import all my milk and cream. Expensive stuff coming over from Mineral Town, I tell ya."

Crow
08-13-2010, 01:02 AM
"I know, I know... But they were smug and only wanted her body" Nobu said before taking the shot "I don't even think she likes him" he said before a bright idea popped into his head "I know! can I trust in you to watch her to see if there is any funny business going on?" he said with a smile "I just don't trust these city folk"

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Caedan froze. He wasn't sure what to do. He had revealed his presence, and they knew he was here. He didn't think he could just run away. That would be cowardly. But would showing them it was him be a good idea? He honestly didn't know. After a few minutes of hard thinking, he walked around into the latern light, smiling sheepishly. "Sorry if I scared you.... I saw you creeping out of the hotel.... and I wondered what you were doing."

Crow
08-13-2010, 01:38 AM
"Oh! Lupo calm down, he's with me" Sera said softly as she stood up and gently restrained the dog as he let out a small growl before giving Sera a lick on the cheek. She then smiled "Well, thank you for your concern" she said softly "But i'm fine" she said with a blush on her cheeks. Isalea began to walk up to Caedan and sniffed his hand a bit before cuddling against his leg.

PantsTheReaper
08-13-2010, 01:46 AM
"Yeah, yeah, sure," laughed Alan. "You're such a worrywart." He put the bottle of whiskey on the counter. "Here, forget about that new kid for a while. Just try not to pass out; it's a pain in the ass to wait around after closing for pick up.

"By the way, you know who the new librarian is? I was there earlier today and waited half an hour at the desk. Nothing. Obviously it's someone new; the old one was always at the desk."

Crow
08-13-2010, 01:52 AM
"Hm? No idea" Nobu said as he took out his wallet to pay for his drink. "Well, I wish you a good night" he said as he stood up and put the money on the counter.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 02:04 AM
Caedan kneeled down and petted the lamb. Its coat was soft and fluffy, but it would need trimming. While it was still winter, sumemr was creeping up fast with the heat and humidity.

Crow
08-13-2010, 02:12 AM
"I think Isalea likes you" Sera said smiling "Lupo and her were originally owned by the old Rancher here. But when he died 2 years ago, a big-time man from the city came in and bought the land... He had no interest in ranching and he sent the other animals off to be slaughtered" she said as she looked down "Isalea and Lupo hid over here in this dug-out area and were saved, one day I heard Lupo howling while I was on my walk. So I ran in here to see them both shivering and looking in terrible shape... I managed to keep them alive by giving them food and love" she said as she gave Lupo a pat on the side "And I have been sneaking out of the house daily to visit them and make sure they are ok..."

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 02:15 AM
"Its okay. I completely understand. Theres a problem though. If someone owns the land, how am i supposed to start up a ranch here?" The problem was an unsettling one. If Caedan couldn't start his ranch, what would he do. "Wait..... what was the buisnessman's name?" he asked excitedly.

Crow
08-13-2010, 02:19 AM
"I think his name was Myron-something" Sera said softly "All I know is, he is obviously a man with no heart..." she said as Isalea walked over to Sera and smiled as she cuddled into her owner's lap. "If Father ever found out about me raising these animals... I don't know what would happen to them" she said with a bit of worry as Lupo walked over and licked her cheek to try and reasure her.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Caedan's blood drained from his face. "Myron.... is my father's name..... I heard that he bought a farm out in the country..... he was going to give it to me.... in his will..... then he died.... so I own it now....."

Crow
08-13-2010, 02:30 AM
Sera was speechless "I-I'm sorry" she said sofly as her cheeks turned red and she looked down at the floor. She then looked up to see a pale Caedan "Are you alright?" she asked as she stood up and looked into his eyes before gently feeling his forehead.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 02:39 AM
It wasn't like Caedan hadn't liked his father. They had never been close rather. However, it was still painful to think of the man who had raised him. Now he was in the one place his father had given him. He shook his head and stood uP firmly. "I'm definetly going to rebuild this place."

Crow
08-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Sera smiled as she heard his statement. Finally, Isalea and Lupo will have someone who can care for them 24/7. Her watch then went off and her eyes widened "Crap! Father usually get's home from the bar in 5 minutes..." she said as she began to panic, She grabbed the lanturn and gave the Sheep and the dog a hug before grabbing Caedan's hand and moving as fast as she could to get back to the hotel before Nobu did.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Caedan ran with Sera back to the hotel, thankfully making it there before Nobu did. he gave her a polite. 'Good night.' Before hurrying up to bed.

Crow
08-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Sera smiled and nodded before rushing up to her room and closing the door. Her heart was beating fast, not from the running... but rather the exhileration. She then quickly wrote something down in her diary before falling asleep.

Nobu walked inside the hotel and walked up the steps to his bedroom and crawling into bed next to his wife. he began to fall asleep with a reassured sense of protection.

Crow
08-13-2010, 02:54 AM
NEW DAY

Crow
08-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Sera woke up as the birds sung outside. She smiled as she got up and got changed into a cute green sun dress and walked out of her room and knocked on Hanajii's door, He then woke up and opened the door with a new set of clothes on "Are you set to work today?" Sera said smiling "Once i've had breakfast... Sure" Hanajii said as he walked downstairs. Sera then followed him and stepped into the kitchen to cook.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Caedan woke up with the sunshine streaming in through his window. He blinked and rubbed his eyes, thinking, Man, morning came to fast. He got up to change when he realized he had no clothes with him. All his possesions had been left with his motorcycle. He sigheda and looked around the room, finally finding just enough clothes to be suitable. He put these on and went downstairs.

Crow
08-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Sera finished making the oatmeal and poured it into 3 bowls before chopping up some strawberries and putting them on top. She saw Caedan come downstairs "Good morning" she said with a smile as she set the bowls on the table and grabbed some spoons before sitting down "Are you set to work today Caedan?" Hanajii asked with a smirk.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 03:23 PM
"Sure I am." Caedan replied. "We're going to get alot done today." He sat down at the table, and ate a spoonful of the oatmeal. "This is good." He said when he had finished swallowing.

Crow
08-13-2010, 03:28 PM
"Thanks" Sera said smiling before taking a bite. She knew her cooking was good, but the fact that she had a good comment from a guy other than her father and her brother... It made her blush.

Allan-Hatai
08-13-2010, 05:06 PM
((I'm so sorry I didn't post! I was unexpectedly away from home and a computer for over 24 hours...))

Mel came out of the back room, having found herself asleep next to a box of new books. Great. Her hair was a mess, she needed to go home and change clothes, and she'd missed the one person that had come into the library yesterday. Yeesh. She looked at the book. Well, hopefully whoever it was would come back for it, then she could apologize.

She went into her office to change into the spare clothes she kept there for nights like this, then came back out and started shelving newly categorized books in the proper places.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Caedan finished his oatmeal and looked up to see Sera blushing. He looked down at the bowl again, blushing himself. When the redness faded from his face he got up, saying, "Well, we had better get started." He took up the dishes, putting them in the sink, then went out back to the shed.

Crow
08-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Sera nodded and then gave the dishes a quick rinse so the remnants wouldn't be stuck on the dishes. Hanajii walked out to the shed and began to grab some of the tools, Sera then joined them and grabbed the other half of the tools left.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Caedan gently took the tools from Sera. He preffered to carry the tools he'd be working with. He then began the walk to the Twin Rose ranch. When he arrived, he pushed the gat open and set the tools down. "Where shall we begin?" He asked the others.

Crow
08-13-2010, 06:06 PM
"Hmmm, how about the Barn and the Field?" Hanajii said as he looked on to the decrepid-looking feild. Sera bit her lower lip a bit as she looked away, she didn't even tell her brother about Isalea and Lupo.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Caedan thought for a moment, considered revealing Isalea andd Lupo, then came to a conclusion. "Lets start on the feild. Me and Hanajii can chop a couple od stumps while you pick some weeds Sera."

Crow
08-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Sera nodded as she then took out a bin and began to pick the weeds out of the ground. Hanajii then grabbed the stronger of the axes and handed it to Caedan and grabbed the other for himself "I'll take care of the small logs" he said with a smirk, that was the only thing his axe could handle anyways.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Caedan went up to the nearest stump and brought his axe down upon it, sending the axe halfway in. He took the axe out and continued copping until the stump was roots an a neat pile of logs. He then went to the next stump to cntinue, and went from there.

Crow
08-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Sera continued to pull the weeds from the ground, humming a sweet tune to help her work quickly. By now she had about 1/4 of the field de-weeded. She then glanced slightly over at Caedan to see him chopping logs, it made her blush as she then turned her attention back down to the ground.

Hanajii noticed Sera's glance and raised an eyebrow before continuing to chop the smaller logs.

Higurashi
08-13-2010, 06:56 PM
After a awhile, Caedan was completely wiped. He had sweat running down his head and back. The result was that atleast half the stumps in the feild were now wood in the shed. He looked at his watch. It was past lunch time.

Crow
08-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Sera heard her watch go off and looked down at it before she stopped pulling weeds and then stood up "I'll go make us some lunch. You guys can go and chill under that tree for a bit" she said as she began to walk back to the house to make some riceballs.

PantsTheReaper
08-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Alan woke up and rubbed his eyes. Running a bar until five in the morning wasn't the best thing for a sleeping schedule. He peaked at the clock. It was already past noon. After getting up and going through the everyday morning regimen and having a quick lunch, he went to the hotel, hoping to catch Sera and the new boy.

Instead, he saw Sera on her way back from where ever and caught up to her. "Hey there, Sera," he greeted. "What's up for today?"

Crow
08-13-2010, 07:51 PM
"Oh, Hi Mr. Remanti" Sera said smiling "Well, I'm just doing some work" she said with a slight blush "How are you today?" she said as she continued to walk down the street towards her house.

Hanajii sat beneith the tree and chilled out for a minute as the shade began to cool him off.

PantsTheReaper
08-13-2010, 08:05 PM
"I'm fine," replied Alan. "So someone tells me that you have a house guest. Can you give me a few details about him? Name, age, etc.? That blush on your face tells me it's a cute boy." He gave a light chuckle.

Crow
08-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Sera couldn't help but giggle as her cheeks turned red "Well, his name is Caedan" she said softly "I don't know how old he is... but he is definitely older than me." she said as she made it to the front door of the hotel "Why are you asking me?" she said curiously.

PantsTheReaper
08-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Alan raised an eyebrow. "So suspicious?" he asked. "How about this: I've heard of him, but have no idea where to find him. All I need to know is his name, age, and who he is. If he's a troublemaker, I don't want him anywhere near my bar. I might as well hang a sign on the front door that reads 'Warning: Fighting may occur. We are in no way responsible for any injuries you may sustain. Thank you for understanding.' Would you go to a bar with a sign like that?"

Crow
08-13-2010, 08:26 PM
"Hmm... I guess not, I don't go to the bars anyways." Sera said softly "It's a bit too crowded for my tastes" she said with a sweet smile on her face "Well, Caedan is definitly no troublemaker... He's really sweet" she said as she smiled sweetly "He plans on re-opening the Twin Rose Ranch once he finishes fixing it up" she said smiling.

Higurashi
08-14-2010, 03:53 AM
Caedan sat under the tree, looking up at the blue sky. There were a few clouds drifting across the view, it looked like it might rain later. Caedan reached over and plucked a long gras stem fro the ground and began sucking on it between his teeth. It was a bad habit he had had since he was little.

Crow
08-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Hanajii looked up at the clouds, thinking about his sister. He didn't know exactly was was going through his sister's head, but apparently it was something to do with the man sitting next to him.

PantsTheReaper
08-14-2010, 04:42 AM
"Well, I'll leave you to whatever you were busy doing," said Alan. "Goodbye." He gave a lazy wave and walked away, figuring out what to do next. I have a few hours to kill, he thought, let's try the library again.

Walking through the door, he found his book again and made a short trek through the building. Seeing no one else, he walked back to the front desk and shouted, "'Ey! Someone's here! Waiting! I don't want to be standing here for another half hour!"

Crow
08-14-2010, 04:56 AM
Serra nodded "See ya" she said with a sweet smile as she gave him a wave. She then walked into the hotel and began to cook some rice to make rice balls, she then began to make a fresh salad and some fruit juice. She hummed an upbeat tune as she moldes the rice balls in her soft hands

Higurashi
08-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Caedan soon fell asleep as a small breeze came up. He was quite comfortable under the tree, and he was still tired from his long trek. It honestly felt like his feet had either caluses or blisters on them from the walking.

Crow
08-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Hanajii looked over to see Caedan asleep, he then relaxed as he looked up at the clouds.

Sera finished cooking the riceballs and put them in a small box and wrapped it in a pink cloth to keep them warm, she then put the salad in a container and wrapped it in a blue cloth. She put the juice into a bottle and then set the parcels into a basket with 3 plates and chopsticks then grabbed a cozy green blanket before rushing out the door. She then opened the gate slowly to the tree to see an asleep Caedan "Caedan..." she said softly as she sat close to him.

Allan-Hatai
08-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Mel popped out from behind a bookshelf. "Oh, good, you came back. I'm really sorry about yesterday." She continued talking as she checked the book out. "I was just so excited about the new shipment of books that I was oblivious to the rest of the world. When I came out this morning after realizing I'd fallen asleep in the back room and figured out you'd got tired of waiting, I was hoping you'd come back for your book." Oh goodness, she was babbling. Mel hated babbling, but it seemed to be uncontrollable.

PantsTheReaper
08-14-2010, 05:43 AM
"I see," said Alan. He shrugged. "Well it's forgivable. No harm done. Can't help it if you're caught up in your job." He looked at her for a bit. "I don't recall seeing you here before. New job? What happened to the old librarian? Most people I know would kill themselves for all the quiet. Then again, most people I know are drunk by the end of the night."

He peered at her face. "Do I know you from somewhere? School? You ever visit the bar? Maybe I've seen you there. I'm sorry, but having a job during one's school years doesn't exactly allow time for making friends."

Allan-Hatai
08-14-2010, 05:47 AM
"Well, the old librarian seemed to suddenly realize she wasn't cut out for the job, since she didn't really understand the difference between any of the genres and had no idea what people actually wanted to read." She handed the book over. "As for me, I grew up here. My mom worked as a maid over at the inn, and my dad still makes furniture. Maybe you remember them. Kaethar and Tiala Vendara? Or my brother, Liero. He left for the city a few months ago." Maybe he was a regular, and that's why he was so curious? She shrugged to herself. At least she was seeing someone come into the library.

Higurashi
08-15-2010, 01:59 AM
Caedan blinked and looked over at Sera. He wasn't sure when she had got there. To say the least he was surprised, but he didn't act on it. He simply looked back to the sky and sat up a bit against the back of the tree. Without thinking, he reached over and laid his hand on Sera's.

Crow
08-15-2010, 03:24 PM
Sera blinked a bit as her cheeks turned a bright crimson. She looked around to see if this was all real, she looked at Hanajii for a little bit of help as he nodded "She brought us lunch, Caedan" he said as he unfolded the blanket and set it out on the ground. Sera then began to try and maneuver her way to taking the food out of the basket.

Higurashi
08-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Caedan blinked and removed his hand from Sera's. He sat up straighter again and watched as she removed the food from the basket. He scooted forward to the food, looking over what she had made. "This all looks very nice." He said with a smile.

Crow
08-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Sera blushed "Thanks" she said softly as she got out 3 plates, 3 glasses and the copsticks and set them out on the blanket "I made juice to go with it" she said as she poured it into the wine glass looking cups, she then took out some tongs for the salad "Alright, dig in" she said with a sweet smile.

Higurashi
08-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Caedan nodded, and took a pair of chopsticks. He then took small samples of everything to see how it was. He had never eaten with chopsticks, but he had been taught to earlier in his life. he was still really clumsy with them, and got food on his face.

Crow
08-16-2010, 01:58 AM
Sera grabbed a pair for herself and grabbed a riceball and put it on her plate, she then grabbed a bit of salad and put it on as well. She looked up to see Caedan struggle a bit with his and giggled a bit before pulling out her hankercheif and moved a bit closer to gently clean off the small food marks on his face, she caught a glimpse of his eyes whitch caused her to blush.

Hanajii simply grabbed a few riceballs and began to eat them, completely oblivious to what was going on in front of him.

Higurashi
08-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Caedan blushed and looked at the ground, then smiled. it was nice to have a friend like Sera. He continued eating, more carefully this time. The food tasted really good to him. He continued smiling and ate everything that he could, within the rules of politeness.

Crow
08-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Hanajii finished eating and was quite satisfied, he loved his sister's cooking alot and it always filled him up. He then took a sip of his juice and layed back on the tree in a pleasant state as he dosed off.

Sera finished eating and felt quite refreshed. She let out a small hiccup and giggled afterwards as her cheeks had a tinge of pink to them, she then began to clear up the picnic area and put the dishes in the picnic basket so she could wash them later. She then took the leftover rice ball and gave a wink before standing up and walking towards the barn.

Higurashi
08-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Caedan sat back against the tree for awhile, then got up and picked up his axe. He was energized by the meal and was ready to start again. He started hacking at the nearest stump with great energy.

Crow
08-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Sera peeked into the barn and let out a soft wistle as Isalea and Lupo came out of their hiding spots. She gave them both a hug and gave Lupo the riceball and Isalea some feed "Don't worry guys, soon the ranch will be up and running again" she said as she pet Lupo on top of the head "We were clearing out the feild today, so we can plant fresh grass" she said with a smile "Ahh, I can just imagine the ranch now... it'll be so beautiful" she said as she began to daydream a bit... The grassy feilds blowing in the wind, the chickens and other animals... her standing with a baby boy in her arms within the feild, a shaded man coming up from behind her and giving her a kiss on the cheek... She turned around to reveal Caedan. This freaked her out causing her to snap back into reality "I-I don't know how to say it... But I think i'm in love" she said as a blush appeared across her cheeks.

Higurashi
08-16-2010, 03:28 AM
Caedan was sweating again, but he was fine now. He felt like he could keep going all day, no matter what. The food really had helped, and soon he had gone through a number of stumps.

Crow
08-16-2010, 03:40 AM
Sera then stood up "I'll see you guys tomorrow" she said as she gave them a hug and they went back down into their hiding spots. She then walked out of the barn to see Caedan chopping away at the stumps, she blushed profusely as she tried to keep it hidden and continue to pull weeds from the feild.

Allan-Hatai
08-16-2010, 04:05 AM
((Kamikazekid, I posted. Here's the post if you missed it: http://role-player.net/forum/showpost.php?p=301846&postcount=142))

PantsTheReaper
08-16-2010, 04:10 AM
(Sorry, been caught up in things. Mostly work and overdue sleep.

P.S. Your post belongs in the OOC)

"Hmm, not sure if I know those people," said Alan, "but my parents probably did. Either way, it's nice to meet you." He extended his hand. "Alan Remanti: Barkeep down at The Bottomless Keg. I come here pretty often, so you'll probably see me a lot even if you don't visit the bar."

Higurashi
08-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Caedan soon was sweating so much that he took of his shirt so that it wouldn't get soaked. He didn't notice that anybody was watching him. He simply kept chopping at the stumps. There weren't very many left but Caedan kept up his work.

Crow
08-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Sera continued to pick weeds as she glanced up to see Caedan take his shirt off, she blushed so much that she actually had a small nose bleed from it. She quickly took out her hankercheif to cover it up and try to wipe the blood away 'Stay focused on the floor, don't look up...' she repeated in her mind as she continued to de-weed the feild.

Allan-Hatai
08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Mel took the proffered hand. "Meliahren Vendara. Most people call me Mel for short. No offense, but I think I'll stay away from the bar." She nearly jumped as she realized she was still holding his hand, and pulled away, straightening things on the desk. "Mostly I'm just glad there's at least one person in town that comes to the library. I'm trying to expand the fiction sections, and basically everything else that was neglected in the name of science, history, and facts, but I need more input from people on what they want to read."

PantsTheReaper
08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
"Ah, that's a shame," said Alan. "Most of the books I come here for are finished series and the occasional reference book, so I'm afraid I can't offer much input. Oh well, what can you do? See you around." He waved and left the library.

Higurashi
08-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Caedan sat down on the final stump. Sweat glistened on his body like morning dew. He was breathing heavily, and he wasn't sure if he would be able to finish. He knew that he had to. If he didn;t he would simply have to come back tomorrow and finish. He got up and turned towards the stump, raised the axe, and started chopping. When he was done, he wiped the sweat from his forehead and went to go sit in the shade.

Allan-Hatai
08-16-2010, 09:48 PM
"Bye," Mel called, waving as he left. Now that was a nice man, she thought to herself. Wait, was she mooning, just a little? Crap. "Oh my gosh, I missed lunch!" And the absent minded librarian locked up and went looking for sustenance.

Crow
08-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Sera saw him chop the last stump and continued to pull weeds, she finally finished pulling the last weed and stood up to sit underneith the tree. Hanajii woke up and scratched his head a bit "Well, I'll till the feild enough for the grass seeds" he said softly as he stood up and grabbed a hoe to walk over to the feild.

Sera sat on the other side of the tree, not near Caedan and layed back against the tree. The cool breeze beneith the tree felt good, but she didn't want to have another nosebleed by sitting beside him.

Higurashi
08-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Caedan stared up at the sky as the clouds went overhead. He was unsure about how long he was going to lay there. He did notice Sera going to the other side of the tree. After wondering about it for a few moments, he got up and went over to sit down next to her.

Crow
08-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Sera looked up to see him sit down next to her, causing her cheeks to turn a light pink. She pulled he knees to her chest and glanced in the opposite direction at the small rose bush, she saw a small rustle and was curious to investigate it... She sat up and crawled close to it and took a peek and smiled as she pulled out a cute little white and tan bunny rabbit.

Allan-Hatai
08-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Mel quickly decided, and headed for the bakery. Oh, what delights there were hidden behind the glass! She looked around the shop, trying to decide what to get.

Crow
08-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Julie began to sort some of the flower seeds out of boredom as Julia played solitare on the nearby table "I-I'm going to go out for a bit to water the flowers" she said as Julia nodded and gave her a wave as Julie grabbed thw watering can and began to water the lovely flowers in front of the store, humming lightly to herself.

Sir Manguydude
08-18-2010, 05:34 AM
Joe had ventured back home after exiting the mine. It was all ready awfully late when he arrived above ground, as he grabbed several pieces of fruit, and returned home. He passed out on his bead and completely forgot to place his Rare Ore pieces in the Delivery Box.

"YAWN."

Joe checked his watch as he rose from bed, and began to freak out. He had overslept again. It was just about noon. He cut up an apple and ate it, before venturing downstairs to check and see if anyone had come to the shop.

He checked for any notes on the door, and saw none, so he assumed no one had been by yet. Another boring day at the blacksmithery. Joe walked outside, and basked in the warm glow of the sun above, venturing to a nearby tree, and climbing up into it. There were several nice ripe apples in its branches as he plucked them, and dismounted the tree.

He walked back into his blacksmithery/house and placed the fresh fruit within his refrigerator.

Mary Sue
08-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Cody stretched and smiled as he took in a deep breath. Each day was getting warmer than the last and spring, his favorite season, was drawing nearer and nearer. A few brave flowers had already begun to bloom, as he headed down the path to one of his favorite places. The seedshop's garden always seemed to have flowers blooming, even in the winter. The twins who ran it were excellent at raising flowers in any weather. The picket fence surrounding the garden stopped his trek. Like a small barrier that barred him from it's wonders, Cody simply stood and stared at the garden...when he noticed a familiar blue head bob up from the flowerbeds.

"G-g-g-good a-a-afternoon Juliette." Cody stuttered with a smile. His bright green eyes glinted as he watched Julie. While she was definately shyer than he was, they shared a few things in common, and he considered them friends.
"Th-th-the garden looks luh-lovely already." He said. His hands came to rest on the fence gate, but he didn't move to open it. Always the gentleman that he was, he waited for Julie's invitation to enter her special place.

On the beach, Payton was stopped as she pulled off her jacket. It had been much colder at sea but the essence of Spring was on it's way. She tied her jacket around her waist and reshouldered her pack. Her massive pack carried clothes, a sleeping bag, toiletries, and non-perishable food since Payton preferred to travel on foot.

Her last stop had been Mineral Town, where she loaded up on supplies. From there a ferry had taken her across the water to a small island town. From there she crossed by water once again...and landed in Twilight Valley.

"Gee..." Payton said to herself as she looked at the town from the beach.
"Ain't this depressing...looks pretty desolate around here.... Guess I won't be staying here very long...."

She adjusted the straps of her pack and continued up the beach and into town, searching for a place to temporarily stay for the night.

As she spotted the sign for the inn, Payton grinned and pushed open the door jubilantly.
"Howdy y'all!" She beamed as she looked around for any employees at all.
"I hope y'all have a room I can rent. Hello? Y'all?"

Higurashi
08-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Caedan looked over at Sera as she moved away again. He wasn't sure why she kept doing that. It was starting to get a little annoying. THen he saw the bunny. Caedan didn't have a particular fondness of bunnies, but he had had one exactly like the one Sera now held when he was little.

Crow
08-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Sera smiled as she went back to sit over by Caedan holding the bunny in her arms, it seemed to like it there. She seemed to feel a bit calmer now that she had something to focus her attention on. Hanajii finished tilling the area for the grass seeds and figured it could wait a day "I'm going back to the Hotel for today... I still have to make the beds" he said as he gave a wave and began to walk towards the hotel.

~

"Oh! H-Hi there Cody" Julie said softly as she smiled, it seemed that she felt a bit calmer around him since they had so many things in common "H-How are you?" she said as she walked over and opened the gate to let him in.

~

When the door opened, Nobu looked up and bowed "Hello there" he said smiling "Yes we do have a room available for you" he said softly as he stepped out from behind the desk "Here, I'll show you to it" he said with a smile as he began to lead the way to a room "Breakfast is at 11 and it's complementary, all we ask is for no pets and no smoking indoors... You may choose to smoke on your personal balcony only" he said as he walked up the stairs.

Higurashi
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Caedan walked over to Sera, and reached out to touch the bunny. It shied away from his hand, snuggling into Sera's arms. Caedan wondered if it didn't like him. He then looked up into Sera's eyes, remembering that he still didn't have a shirt on. He blushed a little in his ears and went to put it on again.

Mary Sue
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
"I'm g-g-good," Cody said with a smile as he stepped inside.
"Auntie Lyla's st-still recovering from the flu." He said and shrugged. "I w-was hoping to bring her a bouquet of flowers. Th-th-that is, if you don't m-mind. I would pick flowers for her in the forest b-b-but the nice ones haven't b-bloomed yet. I can pay you."

Cody plucked the sleeve of his long tunic and waited patiently. The twins' shop specialized in seeds, but the garden was their special place.

Payton made a face.
"I don't smoke. Thanks anyway though." They made thier way to the room and Payton dropped her massive bag next to the bed.

"Ain't this swell," She said with a large grin. "How much'll I be paying you?"

Crow
08-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Sera giggled a bit when the bunny snuggled into her "I think I'll keep you" she said smiling as she pulled a yellow ribbon out of her hair, causing her hair to fall and gently tied the ribbon in a bow around it's neck, the bunny hopped happily "Hmmm.... now what to name you..." she said softly as the began to think. She looked over at Caedan putting his shirt on and smiled.

~

Julie gasped a bit "Is-Is she ok?" she asked with a bit of worry as she then went over to a small patch of peautiful light-coloured flowers and began to gently cut them "N-No worries, it's on me" she said softly as she tied the light violet and baby blue flowers into a bouqet with a green ribbon.

~

"It's 45g a night" Nobu said with a smile.

Higurashi
08-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Once his shirt was back on, Caedan walked back over to Sera. "So, what now?" He said with a smile. He wasn't sure what to do now. They didn't have the supplies to build or repair.

Crow
08-18-2010, 04:40 PM
"Hmm" Sera said thinking "First, I gotta put Rosaline with Isalea and Lupo" she said softly as she stood up and walked over to Caedan. Rosaline gently sniffed Caedan before snuggling into his chest "I think she's starting to like you" she said with a sweet smile.

Higurashi
08-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Caedan reached over and petted Rosaline on the head. The bunny nuzzled his hand. Caedan smiled. The tan and white bunny he had had as a child were some of his good memories. He liked the little bunny.

Crow
08-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Sera giggled as she then began to walk towards the barn and slowly opened the door "Hey guys, looks like you'll have a new friend" she said as the sheep and the dog came out and Sera set down the bunny as it cautiously hopped over to Isalea as the sheep gave a reassuring look and Lupo gently licked Rosaline's forehead.

Sera then walked outside of the barn and walked back towards Caedan "So... What shall we do now?" she said softly as she gently blushed.

Mary Sue
08-18-2010, 04:55 PM
"Oh, she'll be f-f-fine," Cody said as he accepted the bouquet graciously.
"It's j-j-just a flu....happens to the b-best of us. I pray to the Harvest G-g-goddess for her health, b-but the town could really use a permanent doctor."

He rested the flowers in the crook of his arm and smiled at Julie.
"I need to get b-b-back to Auntie Lyla. Th-thank you for the f-f-flowers again, Juliette. Will you be at Service this Sunday?"

"That sounds reasonable," Payton said. She fished her coin purse out of her pocket and placed the money in Nobu's palm.

"I don't think I'll be staying more than a couple of days anyways."
She then looked down at her dirty jeans and worn down t-shirt. "Uh...y'all wouldn't happen to have a shower would'ja? The ferry wasn't exactly built for a lady."

Crow
08-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Julie nodded "I will be" she said smiling. Her sister wasn't much of a church-goer, but that didn't stop her. She gently waved to him "I wish you and your aunt the best of luck" she said softly with her sweet smile.

~

Nobu bowed after he received the money "Thank you" he said softly "There are washrooms at the end of the hall, left is male and female is on the right" he said with a nod.

Mary Sue
08-18-2010, 05:17 PM
"Th-thanks. See y-you around," Cody said with a smile as he gave Julie a small wave and departed down the street.
The whole way home, he gazed at the flowers in his arms and thought about Auntie Lyla's smile when she woke up to see them.

Today's visit with Julie had been pretty nice too. He thought as he ascended the steps to Twilight Valley's chapel. He pulled out an old gold key and inserted it into the lock. The large doors swung open and Cody closed them gently behind him.

He passed through the service hall, to a door that revealed a staircase. He climbed up the stairs to the small apartment above the church. Auntie Lyla was asleep on the couch, and wrapped up in a warm blanket. Her cheeks were still pale, but when Cody kissed her forehead he felt sweat on her forehead and smiled. Her fever had finally broken.

Quietly, he placed the flower bouquet in a vase and set it on the coffee table for her to see when she woke up. He then headed for his room to find his violin.

"Thank you much!" Payton said as she fished a clean set of clothes out of her bag and headed down the hall to the girl's washroom.

A minute later, the sound of running water hissed through the door and Payton's audible sigh of happiness came with it.

Higurashi
08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Caedan scratched the back of his head. He wasn't sure what to do. "Lets go look around the town." He said after awhile.

Crow
08-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Sera smiled and nodded with a sweet look on her face. She then began to walk along the path leading to the gate of the ranch, she looked back and Caedan and smiled.

Crow
08-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Julie went back into the shop with a smile on her face as Julia glanced up "Why the happy face?" she said curriously "W-well" she said with blush on her cheeks "The pastor in training came and talked to me in the garden" she said in an excited tone. Julia rolled her eyes "Really? he isn't even that cute" she said aloud as she continued to play solitaire. Julie frowned "He is so!" she said with a pouty face "Religious folk just turn me off, that's all" Julia said not even looking up.

Mary Sue
08-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Payton turned off the shower and stepped out with the towel around her waist. She dried off and slipped into her overalls and hiking boots. She then pulled on a clean white shirt and fastened the suspenders before she dried out her wet hair and braided it into a pleat.

With the loose braid hanging over her shoulder, she walked downstairs and took a seat at one of the tables to watch the owners.
"So, how many people live in this little town? I didn't see anyone at the beach, or around town really... Where is everyone?" She asked.

Crow
08-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Yunaki looked up and smiled "Only a bucket-full really" she said softly "It's a small town, but we have a big heart" she said as she got up and began to cook dinner. Tonight was going to be sushi and yakisoba "Well... We have a chapel, a seed shop, a beautiful forest full of berries and the moutain too, it's the perfect place to go to get a view of the town." she said as she took out some tofu and cut it up to add to the noodles "We also have two farms. there is one at the end of the road that is ready to go, and there is the old ranch that's now owned by that cute young man my daughter seems to take a liking to... What was his name again?" she said as she began to think, she felt her old age catching up to her.

Nobu grunted and cleared his throat "It's Caedan, and I don't like him eyeing my daughter." he said not looking up from his paper.

Mary Sue
08-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Payton whistled.
"Shame. Seems like this town could hold a lot more people. I bet with two fully functional farms, you guys'll attract a lot more business. Shoot, should the Harvest Goddess bless it, I betcha this town would really grow." She smiled widely and inhaled. The smell of yakisoba had her mouth watering.

She listened to married couple discuss the other newcomer.
"Caedan? Sounds like a city name... You think he'll make a good rancher? Guess it doesn't matter if he's good with animals....but you gotta be fit. I've been traveling on foot for two years almost and that alone is hard enough..."

Crow
08-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Yunaki smiled "We can only hope, another popular thing in town is the festivals we have. In fact, we have a festival coming up in a few days" she said softly "If you want, we can show you the farm first thing tomorrow" she said smiling "I'm sure my son would be more than happy to show it to you"

Higurashi
08-19-2010, 03:00 AM
Caedan went and followed after Sera. As they started walking, Caedan looked around the town, taking it in. He still hadn't really studied it last time he had been through. The buildings were old but well built.

Crow
08-19-2010, 03:31 AM
Sera smiled as she held her hands to her lap, she loved Twilight Valley... It was her home after all. She looked around at the beautiful greenery within the town, causing her to smile.

[[Sorry for such a late reply, I was working on something D:]]

Allan-Hatai
08-19-2010, 04:15 AM
Mel walked out of the bakery with a yummy chocolate doughnut, and stopped to people watch for a minute. Hey, was that Sera? Who was she with? He was kinda cute...But it looked like the two might be on their way to "together". Hmmm. For a moment, Mel thought about stopping by the bar, but what would she do there? She didn't drink alcohol, and she wasn't 'that' kind of girl. Nope, no reason but one, and she wasn't about to admit that anytime soon.

Mary Sue
08-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Payton shrugged.
"Sure. Why not? May as well explore the place. I need to go buy the store and gather more supplies before I head out on my way..." She explained.
Although Payton couldn't say for sure, there was a type of warmth that resonated in her chest. She kind of liked this little town, and she actually felt sad that it was barely hanging on.

A successful ranch would definately help turn this town around....and a farm too... A farm... I could do that.... Payton shook her head and patted her cheeks as if to wake herself up.

Cody found his violin resting inside his case and caressed the wood. He smiled as the polish glided beneath his fingers before he wrapped his hand around the neck and lifted it from it's cozy bed.

His other hand grasped the bow gently. Quietly, so as not to disturb his Auntie, Cody left the chapel and proceeded out to the graveyard. Surrounded by gravestones, Cody walked over to the tomb stone of the late Pastor Michelle. He stared at the still glossy marble for a few minutes, then he smiled and placed the Violin on his shoulder.

The first note, was long and haunting and the violin hummed as it warmed up. Then slowly, Cody's fingers danced along the fingerboard as his other hand controlled the bow. His music drifted slowly and methodically with a few mistakes here and there.

Allan-Hatai
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Was that...music? Who played music in this town? Mel wracked her brain, but found no answers. Curious, she went to investigate, and found the new pastor in the cemetery with a violin. The song was beautiful, but a little sad. Mel wasn't sure whether to delight in the music or cry at its message.

Mary Sue
08-19-2010, 06:10 PM
As the song finished, Cody opened his eyes and smiled at the tombstone. Just over the carved marble, however, Cody spotted another figure.

"Hello." He said softly with a smile. He walked carefully through the graveyard and stepped out onto the road where Mel was standing. The pretty librarian was taller than he was and he had to tilt his head back slightly to meet her gaze.
He clasped his hands together over her instrument and cocked his head to the side.

"C-c-can I help y-you today, Mel?" He asked brightly.

Allan-Hatai
08-19-2010, 06:19 PM
She blushed. "Oh, I'm sorry. My curiosity got the better of me, and I just had to find out where the music was coming from." Mel shoved her hands in her pockets. He looked so young. "It was beautiful."

Mary Sue
08-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Cody's smile grew a little wider.
"Th-thank you. It wasn't p-p-perfect, b-but I'm still l-l-learning anyway. I w-wanted to show Father Mitchelle h-how f-f-f-far I've p-progressed," He said and frowned.
"S-sorry. My stutter's b-b-been really b-bad lately."

Allan-Hatai
08-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Mel smiled. "I don't mind. Hey, I think I might have some violin books in the library... You should come look sometime," she said, looking at her watch. "Speaking of which, I should get back. It was nice talking to you!" She waved and headed for the library.

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 05:22 PM
After walking for a bit, Caedan stopped. "Hey Sera," He said. "Why don't we go out for a walk in the country? Even with it being a little barren I';m sure that its really pretty." In truth Caedan wanted to get out of town and be alone with Sera.

Crow
08-21-2010, 05:35 PM
"Sure" Sera said with a smile as she turned around to head towards the mountains. While she walked, a light breeze blew through the air and the birds were singing... It was the perfect spring day.

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 05:53 PM
As they walked into the mountains, Caedan lookeed around at the scenery. When he finally looked back, the town was far below them.

Crow
08-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Sera walked up to a ledge looking over the town far below them, it was a great view to the town as she stood and looked down at the town for a moment before looking at Caedan and smiling. A light blush appeared on her cheeks before looking back over the town as the sun began to lean towards the horizon.

Mary Sue
08-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Cody stood in front of the chapel, violin in hand, as he watched the sun paint the sky with strokes of orange and pink. The clouds all gathered towards the sun as if being drawn to a giant magnet and his big green eyes sparkled under the last remaining light of the day.
Cody thought about his Auntie laying on the sofa asleep, and how she would be getting better soon with the warm weather. He thought about Mel, and her music books. He thought about Julie and how lovely her garden would be looking in a few weeks. He thought about Twilight Valley, the little town where he practically grew up, and as the sun began to set he closed his eyes.
Oh great and gentle Harvest Goddess, He prayed.
Please shower Twilight Valley with your goodness once again. Give us a way...any way...to strengthen us. Make this town into all it could be. The townsfolk have fallen on hard times. Please, Harvest Goddess...please help us.

A hoarse cough made it to Cody's ears, and he realized he had left the window open upstairs by mistake. With a start, he hurried into the chapel and up into the little apartment.

Auntie Lyla was hacking on the sofa and when Cody placed a hand to her forehead she felt feverish again. Guiltily, he closed the window and turned up the heater.
He then poured her some warm tea and sat quietly beside her as she drank it sleepily.

"I'm so sorry, Auntie Lyla... I'm so s-sorry," Cody appologized over and over. he couldn't beleive he forgot the window! Lyla smiled and placed a clamy hand on his shoulder.
"Thank you for the flowers," She said and smiled.

((Didn't feel any reason to post for Payton yet.))

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Caedan walked up to stand beside Sera. It was a beautiful ending to a day like no other. He looked over to her and smiled. He then reached over and hugged her. "Thank you for all your help today Sera." He said quietly.

Crow
08-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Sera's eyes went wide in shock when she was hugged. She then relaxed and smiled "Your welcome" she said back as she blushed and looked out at the sunset. It was a beautiful orange-gold colour with purple and magenta highlights around it.

Julie finished cooking dinner and began to set it out on two plates for herself and her sister. She couldn't get the thought of Cody from her head, his kindness really touched her. Julia rolled her eyes and then began to eat.

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Caedan pulled back from Sera a little bit so that they were face to face. He was smiling broadly. He leaned in so that their forheads touched barely. He was really happy, and it was apparent.

Mary Sue
08-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Payton sat in the common area on the first floor, listening to the sounds of cooking from the kitchen as she stared out the window.
It wouldn't be so bad...staying here... Payton thought as she watched the sun sink down.
Shoot. It wouldn't be bad at all....

And in her head she could hear another voice different from her own. It promised her that if she stayed she would find great happiness. It promised her friendship and love. It promised a fresh start...everything Payton wished for and had not yet found....

Suddenly, Payton jumped to her feet and walked into the kitchen.
"I want to see the farm tomorrow," She told the lady at the stove in a very final tone.
"And if it's everything I'm looking for...I want to figure out how to own it."

The response inside of Payton was a compounding feeling of joy that was both her own and more. Someone was glad of her decision...and Payton had decided to stay.

Crow
08-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Sera's cheeks were blushing profusely, she looked into his deep eyes with nervousness. Her watch beeped causing her to look down "I have to go and help out with dinner" she said as her blushing went away "I know a shortcut from the moutains to my house" she said as she nodded.

Yunaki smiled "I'll be sure to send Hanajii along to guide you to it" she said with a nod as she stirred the soba noodles "I wonder where Sera is... She usually isn't late." she said with a bit of concern.

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 07:09 PM
"Okay." Caedan waited for Sera to lead the way, then followed her down the mountain to the Hotel.

Crow
08-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Sera reached another ledge and stepped down and grabbed onto a strong oak tree and began to climb down until she touched the bottom "Climb down, it'll lead to the backyard" she said softly as she looked up at him from below, her strapless sundress and her long light red hair blew in the gentle breeze.

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Caedan easily climbed down the tree. He was soon standing next to Sera in the backyard of the hotel. "Well, shall we go in?" He asked.

Crow
08-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Sera nodded as she stepped into the house through the back door "Sorry I'm late, mother" she said softly before stepping into the kitchen and helping her with dinner "Sera, I'd like you to meet Payton. She's going to be staying here for a bit" she said smiling as Sera turned around to see her "Nice to meet you" she said softly as she smiled sweetly.

Nobu took a sip of his coffee and Hanajii sat at the table and drew. The old man seemed a bit calmer now that there was another eligible female in the house, maybe he wouldn't go after his daughter. "Payton is planning on running the new farm not too far from here" Yunaki said softly as she set the yakisoba on 6 plates.

Higurashi
08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Caedan walked in and sat down at the table. "Hello." He said with a smile to Payton. "Nice to meet you..... So, you're planning on running the farm? I'm going to work the ranch, so maybe we can work together." After he said this he gave thanks for the food and dug in.

Crow
08-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Sera giggled and began to eat "So, how was work today?" Yunaki asked with a smile "It was really good" Hanajii said before eating "We got alot of the feild cleared out" Sera added "That's good" Nobu said with a smile.

Allan-Hatai
08-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Mel floated through the door of her house. What a lovely day... Someone had actually come into the library, and she got to listen to Pastor Cody's beautiful music. And yet... she was ready for something, anything, to happen. Something special and magical. But that could take a long time.

Mary Sue
08-22-2010, 02:59 PM
"Nice to meet y'all both!" Payton said with a grin as she sat down. She thanked Yunaki for the meal and began to dig in. When Caedan mentioned that he was going to be the new Rancher, Payton nearly choked.
HIM? HE was the one they were talking about?

Payton coughed and smiled appologetically. He just looked so...unfit for physical labor. Still, his smile was friendly and Payton had a good feeling about him.

"So maybe we can work together," He said and Payton nodded.
"I hope so," She said with a wide grin.

Crow
08-22-2010, 03:42 PM
[[Ok, so this is meant for everyone to hear]]

"Warning, Warning" a voice could be heard over the radio "Storm warning for Twilight Valley and surrounding area. Severe winds, rainfall and thunder is to be expected... Residents are advised to lock all doors and bring your animals inside" the voice said "I repeat, storm warning for Twilight Valley and surrounding area"

Higurashi
08-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Caedan looked up sharply from the food, then looked at Sera. His eyes said it all. What would happen to the animals in the barn? They likely wouldn't survive on their own, out in the storm.

Crow
08-22-2010, 10:52 PM
"Oh my..." Yunaki said softly as she stood up "Everyone, we may have a crisis on our hands. I'd ask that you would shut all the windows and pull the little silver handle that is over all the windows down to the ground, it will sheild the rooms in case the glass breaks." she said calmly as she then clapped her hands "Come on, we must be ahead of the storm people" she said as she began to pull down the steel barricade over the kitchen windows.

Sera stood up and immediately rushed outside "Sera! where are you going?" Hanajii asked as he stood up, by the time Sera could hear him... She was gone. Hanajii tried to follow but his father stopped him "Don't go, we need you here" he said before looking up at Caedan and giving a nod.

Higurashi
08-22-2010, 11:29 PM
As soon as Nobu nodded, Caedan rushed off after Sera. The storm was approaching fast, and Caedan could feel the wind picking up. He didn't catch up with Sera until they reached the Twin Rose ranch.

Crow
08-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Sera quickly entered into the barn to see the three scared animals "It's alright, I'm here" she said softly as she bent down and hugged them. She quickly picked up the rabbit and placed her in her bosom, she then wistled as she got two leashes from off the side of the barn and put them on Isalea and Lupo, then tying them to her waist "Alright, We're going to the cellar ok?" she said softly as she stepped backwards, she could hear the wind blowing through the small holes in the barn and it began to scare her.

Higurashi
08-22-2010, 11:51 PM
Caedan rushed over to Sera and said, "What are you doing?! I know they're important but you can't just rush off like that!" After a few moments he calmed down. "We have to find some place safe. Have any ideas?"

Crow
08-22-2010, 11:58 PM
Sera was a bit frightened by Caedan's tone before he calmed down "The cellar back home is their best bet" she said softly "The family usually stays within the house since we have the new steel barricades" she said softly as the bunny popped her head out of Sera's bosom. The sound of thunder caused her to jump and the bunny tucked her head back into Sera "We've gotta hurry" she said as she looked around and began to head towards the barn door "Whatever happens, stay close to me ok?" she said to the animals as she opened the door and began to quickly walk towards the house. The wind was picking up fast, but the rain wasn't there quite yet.

Higurashi
08-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Caedan walked off after Sera, making sure that the animals weren't too frightened. As they reached the Hotel, Caedan opened the cellar door and ushered them in, closing it after them. He flicked on a light, and sat down on a box.

Crow
08-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Sera walked down the steps carefully and quickly she then unstrapped Isalea and Lupo before going up the stairs and locking the cellar door to make sure it didn't open during the storm. The rain began to fall hard, she could hear it pouding on the metal doors. She then walked down the steps and walked over to a shelf and pulled out a blanket and set it on the ground for the animals to sleep on "It's alright guys, you'll be safe down here" she said softly as she gently pet them as they calmed themselves and layed down. She gently pulled the rabbit out of her bosom and layed it down next to Isalea. She sighed lightly "Looks like we'll have to stay here until the storm goes away" she said softly.

Allan-Hatai
08-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Mel nearly dropped her fork when she heard the announcement. "The library! I have to lock it up!" She rushed out of the house, against her parents' wishes, to save her precious books.
It was lucky she'd come. One of the windows had been left open, right next to the fiction section. Mel quickly closed it, then tried to close all the storm shutters. Why were there so many windows?! She wasn't sure she'd be able to get them all by herself.

PantsTheReaper
08-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Alan looked up from his book at the announcement. He snapped it shut and set it on his coffee table. After closing his windows, he set out for The Bottomless Keg to lock it down and wait out the storm in the cellar.

He passed by the library and saw Mel frantically closing the storm shutters. There were a ton of windows left to go. He changed course and stepped inside. "Need any help?" he called.

Allan-Hatai
08-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Mel popped out from behind some shelves. "Alan! You're a life saver. If you want, I'll help you at the bar when we're done!" Even though she'd sworn to herself earlier that she wouldn't step foot in there, she figured if she was helping him it didn't count.

Sir Manguydude
08-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Joe's counter was covered in drool. He had fallen asleep on his counter again.

I swear, I should just build a pillow into this thing.

His stomach growled loudly as he ventured outside of his shop, placing his sign on the door again. He then noted the heavy storming.

Crap, not this again, I just finished pumping out my basement from last time.

He promptly reentered his shop, shutting all the shutters on the windows. He stepped back outside, and ran around the town, making sure that everyone had things locked down.

He ran by the library and skid to a halt, noting that their were windows left unshuttered, and stepped inside. Seeing Alan, and the new Liberian Mel frantically closing them.

"I guess I am late for the party. Haha."

Joe shivered a little, the rain was freezing, and he was completely drenched, dripping on the floor.

PantsTheReaper
08-23-2010, 03:29 AM
"It's not a problem," said Alan. "And I'd appreciate the help. Here, I'll take care of the East half of the library, you take the West." He got straight to work made absolutely sure that each and every window was closed.

Allan-Hatai
08-23-2010, 04:21 AM
They almost act like I can't do anything... Mel thought, watching them work for a second. She shook her head and went back to closing the shutter. If I watch them any more closely, they'll think they're right. Finally, all the shutters were closed. "Thank you so much. Do you need help at the bar, Alan?"

PantsTheReaper
08-23-2010, 04:34 AM
"That's up to you," said Alan. "If you want to help, you're free to; I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll see if I can take care of the bar with what time I have left. Same to you, Joe." He opened the door and took note of how hard it was raining. Not much time left. Without further pause, he backtracked his way to the bar.

Allan-Hatai
08-23-2010, 04:45 AM
Mel shrugged. "It's a fair trade. You coming, Joe?" She locked up the library behind her and headed for the bar, glad she'd grabbed a jacket when she left the house.

Crow
08-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Julie had a scared look on her face as the weather warning came over the radio. Julia stood up and began to close all the windows, Julie joined her until all the windows were shut on the shop floor and the apartment above them. "I-I gotta check on Cody..." she said softly as she opened the door and began to rush out towards the chapel "Julie, wait!" Julia said before her sister was out of range to hear her.

Higurashi
08-23-2010, 09:12 PM
(Wow. Its getting popular in here :D )

Caedan settled down on one of the small chairs around the room. He could hear the storming outside, and it sounded ferocious. He looked over at Sera in the dim light, and smiled. "Well, since we're stuck here, is there nything you want to talk about?" He asked in a polite and welcoming voice.

Crow
08-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Sera blushed a bit "N-nothing in particular" she said before turning around and taking a seat on a blanket and pulling her knees up to her chest and hugging them, it was pretty cold down in the cellar... And her summer dress didn't do her much justice.

Higurashi
08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Caedan thought for a bit before going over and sitting down next to Sera. He pulled the blanket up around them, to heat them up a bit. He noticed the animals sittinf really close together for warmth, so he scooted right up next to Sera.

Crow
08-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Sera's cheeks went alight as he sat really close to her "Thanks" she said softly, the blanket and his body warmth really helped alot. She closed her eyes for a bit until her shivering stopped, her long red hair trailed over her shoulders, covering her blush marks on her face. Lupo looked up and rolled his eyes before snuggling close to Isalea and the rabbit.

Higurashi
08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Caedan looked over, and was face to face with Sera. He could see the faint blush marks even through the dim light and flowing red hair. Looking away quickly, and blushing himself, he made a mistake. "You're very beautiful..." He said, staring holes in the floor.

Crow
08-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Sera's blush intensified alot as she smiled "R-Really?" she said softly as she looked up at him slightly "I think..." she said cutting herself off before closing her eyes tightly "Ithinkyourprettytoo...." she said running her words together before turning her head in the other direction with her eyes closed tightly.

Higurashi
08-23-2010, 09:53 PM
"Th-thank you." Caedan stammered. He wasn't sure how to proceed from here. He hadn't really ever been alone with a girl. There had always been other people around him. Now Caedan wasn't sure how to interact. His blush went to a deep cherry red at her compliment. He leaned over close and whispered in her ear. "You know.... I really don't think I've ever seen someone as beautiful as you. Its like gazing at a blazing star, always out of reach to someone like me." With that, he pulled away.

Crow
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Sera's eyes widened a bit as he wispered into her ear, when he was done and looked away. She nervously leaned in close to him, stopping herself momentarily before giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek. Her cheeks were still red as she looked down at her lap and then stood up and began to walk away "I shouldn't have done that..." she said as she began to tend to the animals, not facing him.

Higurashi
08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Caedan got up and walked over to stand behind Sera. With a sigh, he turned her around to face him. Pulling her close, he whispered into her ear once more. "No, what you did was perfectly fine....." He hesitated, and gathered his courage. "The thing is Sera, I think that I love you." After saying this, he leaned in and kissed her on the lips.

Crow
08-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Sera's eyes widened as he kissed her. She blinked a bit to see if it was real, she finally became subdued to his ways and her eyes began to close. Isalea had a sort of awe-like face to her, Lupo rolled his eyes and covered the rabbit with his head.

Mary Sue
08-23-2010, 10:27 PM
"There! That's the last one!" Payton said as she shuttered the last window. She tossed her braid over her shoulder and grinned at Hanajii.
"What's next?"

Cody was kneeling in the chapel before the altar statue of the Harvest Goddess. The windows upstairs were safely shuttered and Auntie Lyla had finally moved to her bedroom. All he could do now was wait and pray...

Allan-Hatai
08-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Mel shut the door behind and looked around to see what she could do. She'd never been in a bar before, so it was rather fascinating. Alan must have a lot of business, she thought. "So what needs done?"

Crow
08-23-2010, 10:43 PM
"Well, we wait it out" Hanajii said a bit nervously, he was really worried about his sister and if she was alright.

Julie ran in the rain towards the church, her hair and her dress was soaked. She approached the front door of the church and opened it, breathing heavily as the rain dripped from her hair and clothes.

Mary Sue
08-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Payton frowned at the look on Hanajii's face.
"Hey," She said, kneeling in front of him and clasping a hand on his shoulder. Her hands were slender, but the skin was calloused and her grip was strong. Payton never farmed in her life, but from the look of her hands one could tell she was not a stranger to hard work. Her brown eyes sparkled reassuringly.
"You're sister's a big girl. She'll be alright," She said.

Cody opened his eyes and stood when the door slammed open. His eyes widened when he realized a person was actually standing there and it hadnt just been the wind.

"Juliette!" He exclaimed with such surprise that his stutter vanished for the moment. He hurried over and closed the door behind her.

"Come inside! My word....You're soaking wet," He led her into the chapel and up into the apartment upstairs. Once they were upstairs, Cody sat Julie in front of the fire and threw a towel around her shoulders before going to make tea.

"Why did you do that?" He asked quietly as he stood over the stove."What if you get sick like Auntie Lyla? Do you want that?"

PantsTheReaper
08-23-2010, 11:08 PM
"Well first we need to lock the windows," said Alan. "Then we have to barricade the door and pull the tarps up from the cellar and cover everything." He walked behind the counter and opened the door. The stairway to the cellar was dark, but Alan knew his way. He carefully stepped down and turned on the light. Everything was where it was supposed to be. He picked up the tarps, tied neatly like a package, and brought them up before going back down and returning again with three large boards.

Without another word he got to work. Alan untied tarps as he threw them over the tables and counter. There were too many for him to get to. He picked up a few still-tied tarps and tossed them to Mel at the front of the building.

Crow
08-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Julie was a bit nervous about his tone. She looked down at the fire with her knees to her chest "I...I was j-just wondering if you and your aunt would be a-alright in this storm..." she said softly as she began to fiddle with her long blue hair. Her cheeks had a tinge of blush to them.

Hanajii gave a nod and tried to keep his senses about him "Still, she gets a bit frightened in thunderstorms..." he said softly.

Staplers
08-23-2010, 11:16 PM
“Of all the days for a gale!” a man seated on a travel wagon groaned, pulling his hood upwards to shield his face from the pounding rain. “Bah! Curse my luck to be traveling in such conditions…”

The man encouraged his mule, the poor beast was treading in thick mud with a heavy load to pull. As the wind another strong push of needle-like rain against his face, the man decided to speed up his travels.

Jumping from the driver’s seat in his cart, he reduces the weight of the cart and also aids his mule in pulling the cart filled with supplies.

Squinting his eyes to shield them from the piercing rain, he sees a structure with lights in the distance. “Finally!” he gasped in relief, “s-shelter!”