PDA

View Full Version : It's a Bitter War

AeRaShin
08-12-2010, 11:31 PM
It's a Bitter War

IC Thread (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6528)

She ran like mad, avoiding branches, boulders, or anything else that could potentially slow her down. The girl wanted to look over her shoulder, but she knew she would only end up dead doing so. After what seemed like forever, she stopped. No longer could she hear the padding of its footsteps behind her. No longer could she smell its putrid breath down her neck. No longer could she see it. Perhaps it was gone?

She regained her breath and made her way to the lake. The full moon shown brightly on the surface, and not a single ringlet ruined the image. The girl was fascinated by the view, but her heart was racing far too fast for her to regain her breath without a quick drink. As she neared her face to the water, she suddenly felt dizzy. The image in the water became blurry, but she couldn't rip her gaze from it. Silky hands reached out to her from the darkness of the lake. Gently stroking her face, the hands slowly pulled the girl closer to the water. Then the smell was back. The awful feeling of being watched crept over the girl, but before she could be ripped to pieces by that horrible monster, she was pulled into the lake by the silky hands.

It's been at least two hundred years since then. The girl had been returned home, but the priest deemed her as possessed, and she was burned on a cross. They say she had been spouting nonsense about a beautiful man who transformed into a giant wolf. She said the woman he had beside him was also a wolf, but she didn't transform. The girl spoke of an underwater kingdom, but you could breath there. They weren't fish people, they were nymphs or elves. The priest merely took it as hallucinations from the devil, but in secret, they were panicking about these supposed werepeople and water elves.

The records of such an event were burned or buried and never to heard of again until now. It wasn't until the great grandchild of the girl's younger brother came into this world. He believe in his great aunt, and went to search for some answers, and he came back with the truth. However, he was killed in the process. He and a team went to search in the Forbidden Forest, and only one man came back. He told a tale of werepeople and water elves.

And this is where we begin.

The people became frightened after hearing a very similar tale. It came to conclusion that the werepeople and water elves would become a menace should they be allowed to roam free for any longer. The people took up arms to fight. The werepeople had no ill intentions of hurting the humans. They killed the couple humans because the men screamed when they saw them. The werepeople didn't want them to run back and spread horrible tales of their race, but alas, it happened. The water elves, did not surface when humans were near. They don't want to become involved with the humans or the werepeople at all.

Over the years, history had become corrupted and distorted, and no one really remembers the truth anymore. The werepeople don't know why, but they are fighting both the water elves and the humans. The water elves are protecting themselves from both the humans and the werepeople without knowing the reason why. And the humans haven't a clue why they are attacking the werepeople and the water elves.

Races

Humans - The humans hate the werepeople and the water elves for attacking their people. However, they don't really know the whole story, and whatever they did hear was surely distorted. Most of the humans live in a large city called Ceciline, located fifteen miles from the Forbidden Forest. I hope you know what a human looks like.

Water Elves - The elves are a very intelligent race. They have inventions the humans do not, and they are more battle strategic than the werepeople. They rely on ancient stories to solve their problems and their way of life. They live in an underwater city called Aquarika that is connected to all the water bodies of the world. The elves are small and slender. They have eyes that reflect their personality and pale skin. They are the most beautiful of all the races.

Werepeople - The werepeople are a rowdy bunch. They aren't very smart, but they excel in speed, strength, and agility. Their senses are sharpened, and they transform in a matter of second. They are unsure why they are attacking the other two races, but because the idea to hate them was drilled into their minds, they don't care. They live in the Forbidden Forest. They are very athletically built, and they are very tall. They have darker hair, and sharper teeth. Their human forms are known to be dangerously gorgeous.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Sexuality:
Race:
Appearance: [picture please, link form]
Personality:
Short Bio: [like two paragraphs, three max]
Weapons:
Alliance:
Other:

Shani
08-13-2010, 02:05 AM
This looks like fun I'd like to reserve a wereperson spot. Maybe a werecat. :)

thesouleater
08-13-2010, 02:59 AM
This looks cool. :D Can I reserve a spot for a human? Also, are anime-type pictures acceptable? I can only really draw like that. *sweat*

And just to let you know, I'll be away all day tomorrow and this Sunday through next Friday.

AeRaShin
08-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Yay! People are interested!
You guys don't have to reserve a spot.

Anime type pictures are allowed, and that's fine if your going to be gone.

thesouleater
08-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Alright. I'll try and have my character up tomorrow. :D

AeRaShin
08-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Well, might as well put up my character!

Name: Anatu
Sexuality: Straight
Race: Human
Appearance: Anatu (http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/AquaFlame21/Fantasy%20Girl/anime-1-1.jpg)
Personality: Anatu is straight forward and serious. She hates playing around, and is always the first to speak her mind. She is indifferent to others feelings, believing she should worry about her own first. She is honest and tries to be level-headed, but she finds herself panicking in tight situations.
Short Bio: Anatu grew up in a home of five boys and herself. Her mother had been killed by a water elf. Her brother wished to seek revenge, but their father, who was a simple blacksmith, was against their vengeance. Anatu adopted his pacifist way of thinking, but insisted she learned how to fight for self-defense. Her brothers all learned with her, but they wanted to put the elves to their deaths, and so they joined a faction of humans against the elves.
Anatu didn't hate the fighting, but she certainly didn't want anyone getting killed over it. Her father was growing old, so she tried learning a thing or two about the blacksmith trade, but in the end, she chose a different path. Anatu became a body guard to protect those who wished to leave the city and travel elsewhere. She became a body guard to put a stop to the fighting, however, she knows one person cannot do it alone.
Weapons: Long Sword
Alliance: Neutral (Against the war)
Other: Anatu is a body guard for hire.

Shani
08-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Name: Camillia McKnight
Race: Werecat
Appearance:
http://london.jollypeople.com/files/2008/10/helenabonhamcarter01_original.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1714692_f520.jpg

Personality: She is nice, compassionate, loyal, she can be aggresive, and she will stand up for what she believes is right. She is quite intellagent for her species.
Short Bio: Camillia was born a werecat, as were her parents. She grew up with three other siblings, one brither and two sisters. Her father was killed in the war between speices. Her mother die of depression, due to the loss of her mate. She was born first, so she took responsiblity for her siblings until they were old enough to care for themselves. Her and her family has always lived in the Forbidden Forest, and has never been outside of the forest.

Camillia would fight with her brother for training pruposes. No one knows how long this war will last so it always good to be prepared. Though they didn't use their full strangth on one another, but they would race to test their speed. She doesn't like the war, or really remembers why there is a war in the first place. But she has to fight for whatever reason, because of her tribe. She preferes her human form over her animal form. It's something different, as long as her people can identify her scent, so she isn't attacked by mistake.
Weapons: Her Claws
Alliance: Werepeople
Other: Nothing at this time.

I hope she is okay.

AeRaShin
08-14-2010, 02:04 PM
She's accepted!

thesouleater
08-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Name: Kai Nakamura
Sexuality: Bisexual
Race: Human
Appearance: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7934013848/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/07/17/Punk_guy.jpg
(He wears dark grey skinny jeans and old, beaten up, unlaced military boots)
Personality: Kai is normally pretty calm. He is easily angered and hates it when people make fun of his height (he's 5'4")
Short Bio: Kai lived a normal life. He had a sister, who died of a plague while she was visiting another city. He didn't blame her, as news often didn't have a way of making it to his family. His Mom was often sick, so he had to find odd jobs around town to help out the family. His Dad sold flower pots and paintings when he could.
As Kai grew older, he became more talented with the bow and arrow. He had amazing aim and after a while longer of practice, he could shoot nearly anything with an almost dead-on aim. His favourite weapon to use is the bow and arrow. He also learnt some martial arts, though he isn't very good at it.
Kai's mother died when he was 18. She had been attacked by one of the werepeople when out looking for some new clothes. It was one of the few days where she was able to stand up and walk on her own. Ever since Kai hasn't liked the werepeople. He hated them. But he had no problems with the water elves, as they had actually saved his father from being choked to death by a wereperson. No one knew why.
Weapons: Bow and arrow, any weapon that shoots and his physical abilities.
Alliance: Humans and if wanted, the water elves.
Other: N/A

I hope this works. :D

AeRaShin
08-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Looks good!
More people join so we can start! I'm so excited! >.<
Is that nerdy?

thesouleater
08-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Cool. :D

And, no, it isn't. I went to an anime convention yesterday and went nutty over almost every cosplay I recognized. XD That's nerdy. XD

[anime = Japanese animated shows, cosplay = costume play]

AeRaShin
08-15-2010, 03:38 AM
Yeah... well I own a cosplay. Nerdy plus!
Which con was it?

thesouleater
08-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Ahah. I was L. :3 I saw a lot of Lavi (D. Gray-Man), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji) and Link (Legend of Zelda).

It was Anime Evolution in BC Canada. :D I saw Fighting Dreamers Productions (a popular cosplay group based in Vancouver). They did a wutchamahcallit thing on how to cosplay with a budget. XD I forget what its called. It was my first con. ^_^ Definataly going next year, but I have to remember to pre-register. Stood in line for 3 hours just to get in. *sweat*

I got a Sebastian doll for $25. XD I'm obsessed with him. Also got a mini-Deidara (Naruto Shippuden) doll.

AeRaShin
08-15-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm posting up another character since there are no water elves yet.

Name: Nanaea
Sexuality: "Who cares about women?"
Race: Water Elf
Appearance: With eyes fiery orange to match his personality, and pointed ears of his race. (http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq47/stripeddevil/Originals/Darren.jpg)
Personality: Nana is a bit rebellious to his kind. He likes to explore the Forbidden Forest and sneak into the city. He loves a little adventure, even though his parents reprimand him for it. He's arrogant, naive, and a little low on intelligence, even though compare to that of a wereperson or a human, he's still above average in the knowledge field. He craves attention, and he can't sit still for more than a minute.
Short Bio: Nanaea was raised in a Noble family among the Water Elves. His father became the commander of an army to protect the elves from attacks, and his mother was a well-known healer. Magic was rare nowadays, so his family was considered high-class. Nanaea was supposed to inherit some of his father's war strategy and his mother healing magic, but he got neither. At the most, he got a little bit of fighting skill, and whatever simple first-aid his mother taught him.
He was known at first as the let-down of the Water Elves. However, he started roaming on his own and sneaking into the Forbidden Forest without permission. The rest of the elves came to know him as the rebel elf of the nobles. At times, he would sneak out and warn his people about a surprise attack by the werepeople or the humans, and save the elves from an ambush. However, at other times, he would be caught and kidnapped, only to be saved by his parents.
Weapons: Only a small knife for protection.
Alliance: Water Elves
Other: Nanaea is pretty agile, and he's very good at running away.

Vampirequeen
08-27-2010, 03:42 PM
May I please join as a water elf? Sadly, I don't think I have time to create the character's info right now since I'll be going shopping with a friend soon. I just wanted to see if I could get a spot.

AeRaShin
08-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Sure! I need some water elves and more people! And take your time with the profile.

Anyway, I think after we get her profile we can start. More people may join after the IC is up.

Vampirequeen
08-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Come to think of it, I probably could have posted some of the profile. The person that I was going shopping with needed a little down time before he came to get me. I just didn't know that. I'll think of something tomorrow.

Shani
08-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Yay I can wait to start

Vampirequeen
08-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Name: Lynn
Race: Water elf
Appearance:http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=486513&id=1610644474&ref=fbx_album&fbid=1187339856241 (If you want a full body shot, just let me know)
Personality: Lynn is a very calm individual. She is also fairly curious and very smart.
Bio: Lynn lives with her mother and her aunt. Her father was killed in a battle with either the humans or the werepeople, but no one really knows which group was responsible. As a result, her mother and her aunt don't trust the humans or the werepeople.
Surprisingly, Lynn is friends with two human girls who she met in a village one day while she was exploring. She is also friends with a human boy named David, who saved her from an angry mob that tried to kill her in the market after someone noticed that she was a water elf. David had grabbed her wrist, pulled her down an alley, and hid her in his family's barn until the mob had dispersed and everyone had returned to what they were doing before. After this happened, Lynn's mother began to realize that not all humans are bad, but she doesn't want her daughter to be alone with any of her friends' families when the friends aren't there.
Weapons: Two knives
Alliance: Water elves

AeRaShin
08-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Okay, accepted!

I'm gonna make the IC now. When it's up, I'll put the link in the first post.

Vampirequeen
09-04-2010, 09:28 PM
When will the RP start?

AeRaShin
09-06-2010, 12:34 AM
You can post whenever you want now. The link is in the first post of this thread.

Vampirequeen
09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I realized yesterday or a few days or so ago that people may not be able to see my picture since it's on Facebook so I was wondering if anyone wanted my to put up a better picture after my dad puts the software on my laptop to download pictures from my camera onto said laptop. If no one wants or needs to see a picture, I'll just leave things as is.

Dirzrahel
09-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Hmmm, might join. Thinking about it. >.>

AeRaShin
09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
@Vampirequeen: I would like to see your picture, but if it's too much trouble, I understand. (:

Dirzrahel
09-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Name: Anton Destang

Sexuality: Enjoys the women.

Race: Elf

Alliance: Neutral (He's been a vagabond for a while. He's got friends in all races.)

Appearance:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g236/Darius234/hielo_429.jpg

Personality:

Anton is a fool-hardy and arrogant Elf of only thirty-four years. When he was old enough to walk he did so, walking right out of his village and exposing himself to the northern ice. His families branched away from the Water Elves, and thrived in the cold environment of the frozen tundra. He contains an icy edge on his voice when speaking, and speaks sharp as an icicle. Although when someone is able to melt past his exterior shell and get to his core, he is a loyal friend, and would kill for anyone in need of help.

Abilities/Weapon:

Being from the frozen north, Anton is resistant to ice-based attacks. He can reform water into ice and manipulate the crystals at his will. His sword, Diamond, acts as an amplifier for his ice-based magic. The sword itself is a frame of metal with ice sitting in between the steel lines. Anton uses this in combat by reforming the ice within, widening the blade, or using the ice as a ranged attack. Seeing as how the blade is mostly frozen water, it is actually quite light, and Anton is able to wield it with one hand effectively. He practiced his swordsmanship constantly while he lived in the wilderness, and has come up with both unique offensive and defensive skills that meld with his ice-based power.

Background:

Born in the age of war and turmoil, Anton decided early as a youngster that he needed to get the hell out of the confinements of his home and out into the world. Secondly, he wanted to learn more about himself. The Destang clan followed strict rules, one of them being that the practice of magic was forbidden. He was an Elf! This was ridiculous. His ideas swirled in his mind and finally came up with a solution.

Escape.

He waited until his twelfth winter to get out of the place. He had secretly been honing his skills away from his family, experimenting with the glaciers and tundra to refine his basic ice control. He had realized early on that a focusing tool was needed badly to amplify his control, and thus, stole a spoon from his family's kitchen. It was the dead of night when he left the hut, spoon in hand. The village elder was sitting by a fire, his eyes trained on Anton, his mouth curling up into a chortle.

"So there, little Anton. You've finally decided, have you?" the Elder inquired, tapping his fingers on his knees in a patient rhythm.

Anton looked the Elder up and down, then stashed the spoon into his pocket.

"I know you've been practicing that magic. I knew you'd be doing this one day, you know. When you were born, it was during the worst snowstorm of our village's history. I swear, it ripped apart five huts as if it were nothing... but the hut your baby self was all wrapped up in next to your mother; untouched. In fact, the hut was perfect. Hehe!" the Elder continued, getting up as the creak of his old bones echoed across the camp.

The Elder reached into his pocket and pulled out a roll of parchment, wrapped in a light blue piece of twine. He stuffed it into Anton's chest, winking.

"That right there is the treasure of our clan. There's no use keeping it hidden anymore, and you might just be the only one who can use it nowadays, y'know. Our clan's magic is weakening thanks to that rule, but your magic seems to be just as strong as the Founders. With times as they are, it's only a matter of weeks until the war finds our peaceful home. I'll tell your mother you fell off the cliff while poking around, boy. Go make yourself a name." the Elder finished, patting Anton on the shoulder.

Anton watched the Elder leave in absolute bewilderment. It was accepted that he was leaving? Ridiculous. But why question the works? He just got freedom given to him on a plate, along with a map to some sort of clan heirloom! And the boy left, trotting quickly away at the age of twelve.

Many, many years had passed. He had been oppressed, he had been discriminated against, he had even been attacked once or twice. But he survived. Sick of the land, he dived down to join back up with his ancestors, the Water Elves. After a few months, they accepted him. Though, they did extensive studying about him; after all, he was unique.

Other: Anton is in the Water Elven military at the moment, for the money.

AeRaShin
09-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Love it! You're accepted and you can start posting.

I'll post when I'm done with meh homework :P

Shani
09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
I feel so alone unless I missed someone I'm the only wereperson. Wah!!! Hehe. ;)

Dirzrahel
09-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Posted. =O

AeRaShin
09-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Yay! This is win!

Dirzrahel
09-07-2010, 01:18 AM
And posted. ;)

AeRaShin
09-07-2010, 01:38 AM
ack! I must sleep...

but i'll post in the morning XD

Dirzrahel
09-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Okies. Posted. =D

Shani
09-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Posted.

Vampirequeen
09-07-2010, 11:49 PM
I have a slightly random, but RP related question. I want Lynn to possibly have a crush on a human boy, but I don't know what his name should be. Which leads to my question. What should the boy's name be if I go through with this idea?

AeRaShin
09-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Uhm, I recommend a site which I have always used:

http://www.behindthename.com/

However, I'd like to say, if your are going to have your character crush on someone and eventually fall in love with, it would sort of be like roleplaying with yourself. The best thing I can recommend at this point is hope others will join and make a human character so you don't have to be lonely.

In the meantime, find a situation where your character can interact with my second character, Sou'ls character, or Shani's character. My first character and Dirz's is in the city, which prohibits other races. So it would be difficult for you character to come in contact with them.

Vampirequeen
09-07-2010, 11:58 PM
My plan was to just have him show up occasionally and not be a huge character. He was honestly just a random idea that I had so I would have something to post about, without that idea, I'd still be thinking about what I should include in my next post.

AeRaShin
09-08-2010, 12:08 AM
Okay that's fine, but I just don't want anyone to be roleplaying by themselves.
It's kinda defeats the purpose. Y'know?
XD

Vampirequeen
09-08-2010, 12:22 AM
I understand completely. Plus, I'd probably have Lynn just walk by him and possibly say hi or just start a conversation with him. As I said before, he's not going to be major to the point where I make him a second character. Well, actually, he won't be a major character unless someone by some chance decides that they want to use him as their character, which I don't really see happening.

Vampirequeen
09-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Hey AeRaShin, would it be ok if someone sent my character to try to find your water elf character? I need something for Lynn to do so I can post again.

AeRaShin
09-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Sure! That would be perfect.

Dirzrahel
09-09-2010, 03:43 AM
Posted. =3

AeRaShin
09-09-2010, 07:50 PM
posted!

Vampirequeen
09-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Hey AeRaShin, could you please post something about Nanaea when you get a chance?

thesouleater
09-22-2010, 05:45 AM
Sorry if I'm slow getting posts up. I just restarted school (as most of us probably have) and I've been busy with extra activities.

@Shani : I'll try and get a post done soon.

AeRaShin
09-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Vampire: Posted!

Soul: Don't worry about it! I know how it is. I am in five after school activities. It's hard.

Vampirequeen
10-07-2010, 05:01 PM
By the way, I posted a few days ago!! I just felt the need to write something, which is why this post is here!! lol

Shani
10-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Okay soul don't worry about it, take your time.