PDA

View Full Version : Midnight at Mirnon Manor [IC - Rated M]

G
05-05-2014, 05:51 AM
Rated M for content including but not limited to violence, supernatural themes, drug references and murder.

The Likely Suspects

Alice West (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2011879&viewfull=1#post2011879) by G
Kayli Maine (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2011879&viewfull=1#post2011879) by G
Dolor Discordia "The Fiend Fondler" (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2012002&viewfull=1#post2012002) by Minkasha
Robert Dowling (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2012709&viewfull=1#post2012709) by Weble
Kerney "Indiana" Jones (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2013422&viewfull=1#post2013422) by Gnggrn
Doc Harrison F. Jefferson (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2013487&viewfull=1#post2013487) by Hoef
Aiman "Ai" Connor (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2022347&viewfull=1#post2022347) by Keyface
Shay Law (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&p=2023371&viewfull=1#post2023371) by Siksta
Kyle Stephens (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&page=2&p=2024610&viewfull=1#post2024610) by Epostle
Lora Fuschia Quentinelle (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59220&page=2&p=2030035&viewfull=1#post2030035) by Sy23
-

Mirnon manor was deathly silent, but for the loud ticking of the grandfather clock that stood in the hall, somehow having survived the long years of the house's emptiness. A fine layer of dust covered the antique furniture that still filled the house, and the thick curtains were drawn shut over huge windows that ran almost from wooden floor to high ceiling.

The lamps, though full of oil and undamaged, were unlit, had been this way for years. The food in the cupboards had long since rotted, and crumbled to dust. But somehow, the manor retained a lived in state, probably due to the reluctance of the people who lived nearby to visit it, let alone remove things from inside. The floor was still swathed with thick rugs, the beds still made, the dining table still laid out with silver cutlery and fine china, in readiness for the evening meal.

In the master bedroom, where the Lord and Lady Mirnon had slept beside each other with their infant in the crib alongside the bed, the curtains had been opened, the red-gold glow of the sunset falling on the bed and laying a bloody orange tint on the white-blonde hair of the girl who lay there. Her blue eyes were wide and glassy in the light, staring up at the ceiling, frozen in their last, horrified expression. Her mouth was open, as though she was about to scream, or had been. Fingers, stiff with rigor mortis, were curled into fists, the arms bent oddly at the elbows were they had dropped to the bed. Her blood, fresh and brightly crimson, mingled with the old, dull orange stains that still covered the sheets unmoved from years before. The origin of it as apparently clear; multiple puncture wounds marked her stomach and chest, the thin cotton shirt she wore having offered little protection against the assault.

The bedroom door stood just slightly ajar, closed enough to hide the body from any person walking down the hall until they actually entered the room.

The house was still, silent but for the ticking of the clock. One, two, three beats, and then the chimes cried out eight times, the house filled with a cacophony of sound for just that minute as eight o-clock struck, before the monotonous ticking resumed.

Soon, very soon, the house would be filled with life again, if only briefly. Something in the air spelled anticipation, as though the walls lay in wait for the events of the night. Little did the comers know what awaited them in Mirnon Manor.

Dire Hoef
05-06-2014, 12:25 AM
The Arisen Neurologist

As the night faded amongst the clear blue sky, I felt rather compelled to take in the majestic nature of the world around me. Nothing really felt right about the town I was staying in for some Authors Convention. This idea lead to me trying to process the type of authors and book mongers that would appear at such a confined convention. During this time I was sitting amongst others within a rather small coffee shop that was sitting on a corner of a four-way street. The people who were with me at the time didn’t really understand the type of processing needed to create such a detailed book. I was talking with a friendly author about certain book he was making and was going to showcase at the convention. “So,” I said after a moment of conversing, “You made this book all because you saw Casper the Friendly Ghost?”, I asked him in a friendly yet joking manner. The author chuckled lowly given his deep tone, “Of course not, but surely you can understand the type of situation I had at the time. I thought it might have been inspiration to write the ‘Glory of the Undead’.”

The entire group erupted into joyous laughter at the author’s strange yet stupid inspirational story. The author only gave a grim look before standing from his seat, but something must of hit him making him sit back down once more. It seemed that something within that man’s head got him thinking of something important about this conversation. “You chaps are something else” said another man as I looked towards him with a small smile. “Well I must be going, Carlen will surely be furious if I don’t arrive home for dinner tonight...”, I said with a strong tone. The men gave a large ‘Yeah!’ towards me as I stroll out of the corner restaurant.

As I was moving towards my car something gripped my mental throat, and I fumbled my keys which fell towards the sidewalk. As I bent down to pick them up I heard something rustling in a nearby alley way. I looked over with a sense of fear of not really knowing what was really within the alley way. “Hello?” I called out towards the noise which seemed to vanish with my hoarse voice. I moved closer, “Whatever you are… This isn’t very humorous” I said towards the quietness of the alley way. I stopped within ten feet of the alley way trying to gain a sense of what was actually within the alley way. Then I saw something; it seemed to be large in shape but was lean in fatness. It was like I was staring into the face of white death, and then suddenly the figure from within the alley way stood to its hind legs. Because it was night, I could hardly see what the full texture of the creature’s skin, but I thought it looked almost of human texturing of skin.

I gulped down some saliva, and kept my voice silent as the figure turned its head towards me. Its eyes I shall never forget; with them being solid black with some kind of neon energy emitting off of the pupils. At this point I felt fear creep up my throat feeling nothing but the emotion as my stomach began to churn and twist into knots. I shifted my footing to where I was in a running position and took off fearing for my own life. I couldn’t see if the creature was pressuring my movements keeping its eyes locked on my moving body as I heaved and breathed nearly falling to my feet. Once I reached my 2013 Subaru Legacy Sedan I immediately began to fish for my keys that were within my pocket at the time. I quickly gave a glance seeing nothing there but the creature staring at me from the alley way. I felt more fear as it began to move towards me, but suddenly began to pick up the pace. I dropped my keys reluctantly, and therefore I was tackled by the creature as a result.

Doc. Harrison, closed his book as the sun began to arise amongst the clear dark sky. Doc. Harrison wasn't the type of man to stray away from a good story. Though he had been writing all night during his waking hours, trying to put together this book for his eagered fans. He shook his head as he stood to his feet setting down the glasses that he had been wearing for the pass eight hours. He wondered what sort of upbringing would get him through the day. His thoughts were interupted as a maid, of his estate, appeared peering through the doorway wondering if Doc. Harrison was asleep. Apparently she had been spooked by Doc. Harrison's broad figure.

"Excuse me Docter.. What are my manners..", said the maid as she receeded back into the hallway.

Doc. Harrison lifted up his hand in gesture to his thoughts, "It is quite alright. What is it that you have intruded upon my natural environment?"

The maid stepped into the room and closed the door, "It is about the Mirnon estate.. Some of the workers wish that you take a day off from your.. writing.. and explore what the Mirnon estate has to offer knowledge-wise."

Doc. Harrison gave this idea some thought before dismissing it, "I must finish my work.. As you can plainly see dear, I have a dead-line that I must complete this book before such a time is met. I can not risk my time for some deing estate that doesn't have the necessary knowledge that I need to capture within my novel."

The maid stepped forward, but stopped herself knowing that was crossing the line, "What of the knowledge? You told us several days ago, that you would go anywhere that included knowledge of its existence..?"

Doc. Harrison rubbed his beard recalling such a time when he had spoken those words, "Though. I have received word that the dead-line has been pushed to a month from now to two weeks from now. I must stay productive and finish this book."

The maid tried her best to confince him, "I was told there was some great inspiration.."

Doc. Harrison raised a brow intrigue by such words, "Oh? Is that so.. Then it is certainly worth considering."

The maid sighed, "Just go.. Please.. Me and the others are here begging at our feet here.. We don't want see you wither away your age all because of a story."

Doc. Harrison sighed deeply planting himself within his swivel chair, "Fine. If that is what you wish. Prepare my vehicle. I will leave when the time is right.. For now, do leave my presence."

The maid nodded with a smile upon her and left without a single word. Doc. Harrison smiled at the sight of that womand knew this would be an interesting day.

G
05-06-2014, 05:24 AM
"So what do you think it'll be like inside? I wonder if it's still furnished. I wonder if there's jewels, or pretty, old-fashioned dresses. I wonder..."

Alice sighed, long and low. With her free hand, she lifted the lit cigarette she held to her lips and drew back, gently expelling the smoke through the open window of the car a moment later.
Jesus H Christ, does she ever shut the hell up! the girl thought, her other hand making a minor correction to the steering wheel as the road veered to the right. Tall, slender trees lined the roadside at either edge of them, and the sky was growing dimmer as they drove, the sun drifting away behind the lofty branches. They should reach the Manor soon, and then, Alice hoped to god, she would get a break from her endlessly chattering workmate.

Why had she agreed they could carpool, again?

"I wonder if they cleaned up after... you know," Kayli's voice dropped to a dramatic whisper at the last words, her eyes wide as she turned to look at Alice, "you know it took the maid a whole day to get to the town, they say. They say she had no shoes, feet were torn to shreds. Panicking, half out of her brain..."

Alice's response was another long sigh. She'd heard the stories. They both had, or what would have compelled them to come out here in the first place?

"I think there's gonna be another body out there soon, if she doesn't shut up!" she muttered, the words directed at her brother, who was (as far as Alice was convinced) sitting in the back seat, behind her. Sam just laughed, the red-haired, freckled boy a slightly more masculine image of his twin, and petted Alice on the back of the head, a placating gesture which she hated.

"What was that?" Kayli asked, adorning a confused expression.

"I said, we're here!" Alice's smile was genuine as they pulled up at the iron gates, "want to get that?"

Kayli just looked more puzzled, following the direction of Alice's pointed finger.

"Get...?"

"The gate."

"OH! Sure," the brunette chirped, clicking off her seatbelt and opening the door while Alice lifted a hand to press against her forehead, stifling a groan.

"God, she's a fucking idiot. Why did we agree to let her come with us?"

"You agreed. Don't put this on me," Sam laughed. "Besides, she's not so bad. Just a little... slow."

"If that's the nicest way you could put it, it's just a testament to how bad she is."

There was a high-pitched squeal as metal scraped on metal, and then the gates were open. Alice was tempted to leave the girl to walk up the long drive, but Sam would have chided her for it. She paused for Kayli to hop back in the passenger seat, then continued up the slight incline that led to the Manors' front door.

It was an impressive sight, to be sure. The old building had obviously been built sturdy, and from the outside looked to have managed well through the years, unkept. Alice felt her heart begin to beat as she left the car, slipping her keys into the pocket of the cardigan she wore.

"Wow, it's so beautiful!" Kayli piped up behind her, and Alice had to agree. The front door resisted for a moment when she pushed it, and then gave, grating against it's frame slightly as it opened to reveal a long, wide hall beyond, a door leading off either side and stairs beyond. Choosing the left, she made her way through to stand in the lavish lounge, eyes wide as she absorbed her surroundings. Kayli strode past her, plonking herself into a plush armchair, and setting off a cloud of dust as she did so. Alice giggled as the the other girl spluttered, following suit - though she was careful to sweep a hand over her cushion first.

Keyface
05-08-2014, 01:41 PM
"Where did you say you were going again, Ai?" The voice of her father rung through the hall as the blonde was grabbing the keys to the family's car off the wall. She was the only one who used the vehicle, but it was still labelled a 'family car' because her parents wanted an excuse to know where she was going with it.

However, the footfalls of the young woman had already faded into the corridor that lead down to the garage. Thin, pale lips pursed in disapproval; the light haired gentleman distressed by his daughter's disregard to his concern. Slim fingers touched him on the shoulder comfortingly, Ai's dainty mother appearing behind him, as if from the air. The sudden presence of his wife did not seem to daunt Kris, seemingly used to this behavior. Soft words rung through the air, not even a mummer reaching Ai as she descended into the basement. "I think it was some sort of job interview... She said that she might not be back for a few days. Don't worry, she's a grown girl now. She can handle herself."

"Her rushing off like that worries me-"

"Just leave it. She'll be back, just you wait and see." As usual, the wife won the argument and Kris backed down reluctantly with a sigh.

~

Meanwhile, a certain blonde woman was turning out of her house's driveway. Gloves on and a small camping bag keeping her company on the passenger seat, Ai was navigating her way towards the Manor.

"In fifty meters, keep left. Keep right." The electronic voice of a GPS was crashing the solemn silence of the car with its constant direction and beeping sound.

"Do you want me to keep left or keep right?" Another voice interrupted the digital one irritably, directed at neither the GPS or the dark bag still seated beside her. Of course, Ai had understood the instruction, but the tension seemed to be building within the car's confined space and she did not have anywhere to vent it; aside from the rather unfortunate air. Was it really a good idea to go to this meeting thing? Muted voices often conversed inside Ai's head, and this was one voice that hadn't neglected to speak before. As ever, she chose to respond verbally. "Yes, it is a good idea. My parents probably won't appreciate it, but it'll be interesting... One can only have so much of school."

There was a pause. For once, the GPS didn't seem to have anything to say either as Ai drove down a small straight. "Besides, who said that my parents will find out? I think the job interview was a good enough cover." Making excuses wouldn't make anything better, the blonde knew quite well, but there seemed to be nothing else worth doing. Driving in silence was boring; and hearing her own voice resonate within the space was better than the annoying chirp of the GPS. It was too bad that Ai had no idea where the Manor was, and would need the device to get both there and back. "Otherwise you'd go straight out the window." Glaring words, directed at the GPS, were not answered.

~

The driveway to the Manor seemed not to approach fast enough. Light, nearly invisible, eyebrows raised in appreciation at the sight of Mirnon Manor; but also at the fact that the iron gates of considerable size were already open - seeming to admit entrance. Shrugging lightly to herself, Ai drove her car into the estate; noting with mild interest that there was already one such vehicle there. "I hoped that I would either be the first or the last... But no problem with being the second." She muttered, unaware that two had come in the car. Parking her suiting dark colored car, she slipped out of it and strode up to the doorway. Once again, the door seemed to be open. Waiting for her.

Long strides took her from the entrance into the Manor, hearing sounds to the left and shrugging. The door was open once again. Inside, she spotted two figures. "Oh... hello." It wasn't like Ai hadn't known that there would probably be people in the Manor already, she just figured it suiting to act in surprise. It wasn't like she could think of anything else to say at that particular moment. "I'm sorry if I'm intruding?" She said warily, prepared to back away and go in another direction. The two girls that presented themselves - a dark haired girl, then a red one - didn't seem particularly threatening at first glance; but it was at first glance. First impressions told nothing.

SikstaSlathalin
05-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Looks like a storm might be rolling our way. Awesome, checking one more thing off the bad horror movie check list. Bad history, deserted location, big creepy house, and now possible thunderstorm. All we'll need is a creepy butler, a scream in the distance and a dead body. This is was Shay Law thought as she roared down the backroad towards the Manor where she was going to spend the night with a bunch of stranger who were probably not all right in the head.

"Damn this thrill seeking personality sometimes." She said inside her red closed face motorcycle helmet as she rounded the last corner that would take her to the manor. She arrived in the area a few days ago so she could scope everything out ahead of time. Planning escape routes, talking with cops and local townies, even sneaking peeks in at the place. She wasn't sure how much of it would help her, but she'd do her damnedest to keep anyone from catching her by surprise. She reached the gates of the estate and found them to already be open. Hmm softly to herself she rode up and parked her old school Indian Motorcycle behind the two cars nearer to the driveway and swung off the vintage vehicle.

She pulled her helmet off and shook her head a few times then settled her hair in place. Adjusting her knife she walked to the door and pushed it open absorbing everything she saw even the three women who were there before her. None of them looked particularly made for living through a horror movie, but she would hold all verbal judgement until all was made clear.

"So this it?" She asked crossing her arms under her breasts looking the women over.

Gnggrn
05-09-2014, 08:28 AM
The evening was much earlier than usual. The sun was already setting. Kerney sat pompously on his horse as he trotted through the village, puffed up with his dumb arrogance and having a rather proud smirk in his way. A freshly round orange came rolling his way. "SQUISH" Kerney purposefully maneuvered his horse.

"What on earth?" said a women. "Can't ye haff just picked it up?" A slight Scottish tone went on with her voice.

"Sod off!" answered Kerney. "You won't dare to be talking like that to me once I get the fortune in Mirnon Manor."

"Mirnon Manner? Feh! I bet ye be shot off scared like a scalded cat upon entry" she replied, though in vain for Kerney had already trotted off.

Upon reaching the village's exit, he turned his horse around yelling,

"Hear ye, hear ye, I, Kerney "Indiana" Jones, the world's most handsome, most skillful and most adventurous treasure hunter is leaving your midst now to find the fabled treasure the is said to be in the Mirnon Manor. Anyone wants any autographs before I go off?"

To his displeasure, no one answered. "Fine." he thought. Kerney went on his way through the windy roads and the blustering winds. Dull colours with leafless trees lined the way. Not long after, he reached the gate of Mirnon Manor. Getting of his horse and kicked the iron gate opened. Walking with an aura of pride with his step, he took out his pistol, aimed it at the wooden main door and let off 5 rounds.

Kicking the door down, he announced his arrival. "KERNEY INDIANA JONES HAVE ARRIVED!"

Weble
05-11-2014, 06:10 PM
"I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it till my fingers bled
Was the summer of '69

Me and some guys from school
Had a band and we tried real hard
Jimmy quit, Jody got married
I shoulda known we'd never get far

Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life"

Read more: Brian Adams - Summer Of '69 Lyrics | MetroLyrics

The radio blasted out a song which Robert was very familiar with, heck he even sang it in his shower. Simply put it was his favourite song.
He nodded his head to the beat of the music and occasionally joined in at the chorus, he was just doing the masculine way of singing along. However he has the the odd time where he sings high pitch.

His car journey continued on like this until he came across a part of area where he wasn't familiar with so he had to stop at some parts of the road to discuss with the map.
During his car trip his mind would often drift back to a conversation which spurred him to go to the manor. It was in the afternoon and his editor called him into the office.

" Robert, great to see you!"
"Same here John"
"So can you guess as to why I called you here?"
"Ah...nope"
"You should kiss my feet and worship me, I think I may have found a suitable inspiration for you. You're muse"
"Great who is it?"
"It's not a who but where"
"Then where is it?"
"Mirnon Manor, a gothic story behind it. Google it and I want you to be on that road ASAP"
"Still searching for those ratings then?"
"Robert ever since you published that book of yours it has been popular with the public. We want that to happen again, just like Rowling. Just look at her, all of her books has been made into a film and is considered a classic"
"I'll try, you won't be disappointed"

Yeah that conversation happened a few hours and one day ago. The Manor had an interesting story behind it and seeing that there is this supposed buried treasure it made it more appealing to him. Maybe metal detectors might help.

Eventually he arrived at a small town near the Manor. He figured he might as well have some meal and then scope out some local knowledge which means a visit to the library might be in order before going to the Manor.

Minkasha
05-11-2014, 07:23 PM
The manner was rather creepy, but then again, it did set the mood for some adventure within the fold. Kyle has been in the manor for close to an hour now or so, expecting more people to show. Kyle was pretty good at getting to places that most other people couldn’t from time to time. He always liked to beat people to the punch, so to speak. Within the manor was pretty dusty, old, and quite gloomy. It would have set up a perfect scene for others to be scared out of their wits if they were to stay the night alone in this place, but Kyle didn’t care. He was comfortably placed upon the couch with a few accommodation to help ease the time by.

Kyle was set up for whatever would come, whether people would show up or not. He brought with him a couple of peanut-butter cheese crackers that would curb his appetite for a while in case he got really hungry later on. He also brought a bag of cheese chips and a soda. The cheese chips were some of Kyle’s favorite foods, mainly because of the ease of access and they just tasted so freaking good. The soda was like a mountain dew, only a bit stronger. He began to open the bottle of his drink and when he did, it spewed over a bit. Some of the soda began dripping off the bottle and partially into Kyle’s lap. He quickly brought it off of his lap and over the floor as the sizzling of the carbonated beverage continued for a bit. “Damnit… I really didn’t want that to happen.” He said as he shook his hand dry of the soda.

At this point, he was leaned forward, taking minor sips of the drink and indulging on his crackers. He looked left and right a bit, as there was till a trickle of light that was still shining through the windows of the manner, giving the manor a little bit of light. “I wonder how much creepier this place can get. I mean, I love scary things, but the fact that this place was home to a murder…” He then paused for a second. He decided to shake the thoughts off just in case he were to scare himself a bit.

"Murder surrounds all, it cannot be contained in old wooden walls. The heart is its beating home" The voice dripped in charisma, pulling to it all those who would be captivated by the truth

Dolor Discordia stepped from the shadows of the aged room. Black velvet cloak kept his form concealed, spare his voluptuous blood red lips and darken beard. White specks kissed the facial hair, bestowing an image of wisdom. The moving night crept closer, only to pause for a moment to stretch its legs after hours of perfect stillness.

Kyle suddenly felt cold and creeped out a bit. There was a random man that came from the shadows as if he was there all along. Kyle had never remembered anyone entering the house, nor did he hear anyone. Was this guy here before he was? Kyle was thinking about this as he slipped in another cracker into his mouth and then said with his mouth full, "So... I take it that you're staying here to eh?" After he asked the question, he took a drink out of his soda in order to wash down the cracker he had eaten.

Kyle was feeling a bit offset about the man. If he had to put it into perspective, it reminded him of the Adam's family almost. The man was elaborately dressed but had an incredible dark and wise image about him, which made Kyle wonder. "Well, I'm pretty sure you already answered my question by just being here... so maybe I'll ask a better question. How long have you been here and are you the only one here?"

"Not long enough" the mysterious man answered, keeping himself shrouded. But a smirk came from his well decorated lips "But we are not alone. Lord Mirnon's soul still lingers...his desire for death intertwined with his very existence. Be careful young one, you are not safe. Innocent, yet blessed with the Dark Lord's gift. Yes, he would be most interested in your demise and that would be a waste" Dolor stood near the couch Kyle was eating at, but kept his distance. He was hard to see in the darkness, his lips the easiest thing to witness.

The man was keeping himself in the dark which interested Kyle, but creeped him out at the same time. "So... why you hiding in the dark?"

"It comforts me, it harbors my Dark Lord"

Do you want a cracker?" He offered the man as he just continued eating his food rather quickly. "They're good... though they are a bit smashed..." He then saw the pack of crackers that he had kept in his pocket. They were still edible of course due to the seal not being broken, but then again. It would be a messy way of eating none-the-less.

The cloak shook with the head. Dolor watched the youth with a great curiosity.

"No thank you young one. I've already done my lips for the night."

"So, what's your name? Mine's Kyle..." He said looking left and right of his position, seeing if anyone else was near him that he couldn't see.

"Greetings Kyle. The name my Dark Lord has bestowed upon me is Dolor Discordia" He finally stepped closer to the couch, standing behind it. The cloaked man loomed over the teen. "Do you explore the darkness?"

"That's an interesting question, Dolor." He said as he put his hand up to his chin as he smiled. "To explore the darkness... I guess the darkness that we explore can be in the same... but different." That was the best way that Kyle could answer with such an odd question. Though it was odd, it was understandable because darkness comes in many shapes and forms, and is not limited to be just the darkness. "I guess you could say I explore the darkness within, but that's more of a concept than something real. I do like scary places such as this. They're just fun to hang around with. Do you explore the darkness, Dolor?" He question Dolor back, intrigued by his questioning.

Dolor finally decided to sit on the couch, at a distance from the youth.

"Darkness has been my home for many years now..." slowly his red and black acrylic claws raised the hood of his cloak and revealed his jet black hair and magical eyes. "And it has taught me much about reality. Often young one, it is the things we cannot see that are truer than the things we can"

He noticed how Dolor was being a bit more safer around Kyle than being preserved. It was a good sign to Kyle because all Kyle wanted to do was make friends in the long run. Dolor's words also rang true along with the wisdom of his voice. What he said was indeed true and deep in many respects. "Maybe the reason why the things we can't see are truer is because we don't want to see them?" He questioned Dolor. The man smirked and looked to Kyle.

"You truly are gifted young one"

The man was in an odd outfit, which was completely visible now that he finally came out of his shadows and sat on the couch. Kyle leaned back against the couch with one arm propped upon the arm rest while the other took a hold of his soda. He then rolled his neck, making a bunch of popping noises as he decided to listen on what Dolor had to say after this next question. "I mean, it only makes sense that we can't see what we don't want to right?"

"Such a young age, and already so wise" a small sound escaped from his lips, in admiration. He turned his gaze away and looked around the room. "The true test in life is seeing the things we don't want to"

"Haha, wow... that's pretty awesome if I have to say so myself." He said with a smile on his face and began scratching his chin a bit. For now, Kyle didn't know what exactly the meaning of what Dolor was, but he did comprehend the jist of it. Maybe there was something hidden that they both couldn't see? Until then, Kyel was going to remain friendly with everyone, but to also make sure that he didn't become too friendly.

"There are hidden things in this house, Kyle. The Dark Lord would only be saddened with your wasteful death. You must leave, when I exorcise and give the spirit to my master, then you may return"

"Alright, that's cool." Kyle said at the odd response. Did Dolor know something he didn't? Even if he did, it probably would be Kyle's best interest to follow someone's advice, even if they were a bit obscure like himself. "Hey, maybe after while we can talk more and maybe meet some new people." Kyle said encouragingly to Dolor as he finally got up off the couch, grabbed a few of he things, and began walking near the entrance, leaving the living quarters. As if he were Kyle's shadow, Dolor followed behind. He was going to keep an eye on the boy, ensuring his safety. His hood was pulled back on, the light bothered him.

G
05-12-2014, 02:16 AM
Alice could have cried out in relief at the entrance of the newcomer; a girl whose skin was almost as light as her shock-white hair. Kayli had been nattering on incessantly since they'd arrived, a nervous habit her workmate had (or possibly compulsion might be a better word, since she seemed to talk just as much when comfortable as nervous) and as much as Alice tried to limit her topics of conversation with short, brittle answers, the dark-haired girl seemed to have an endless supply of shit to dribble.

"I'm sorry if I'm intruding," the stranger spoke, and Alice shook her head almost gratefully, smiling at the girl. Of course, Kayli got the first word in.

"No, no! Of course not. I'm Kayli, and this is my friend Alice. Isn't this place just gorgeous!"

The roar of a motorcyle engine drowned out Kayli's welcome, and both girls looked up instinctively as the fourth (or fifth, if you asked Alice) arrival, a beautiful, albeit rather intimidating woman, strode into the room, crossing her arms as she appraised them.

"So, this is it?"

"It? Why, what were you expecting?" Kayli didn't break stride, a vapid smile on her face as she spoke, "As I was just saying to her," she indicated the blonde, "I'm Kayli, this is Alice. We were the first to arrive..."

"Or not. Shut up for a second, Kayli."

"Well, that's a bit rude Alice, I was just..."

"Oh, for fucks sake, just be quiet, will you? I heard something."

Trickling down the hallway to reach their ears, Alice had sworn she had heard voices. She looked at Sam questioningly, and he nodded. So he had heard it too - though she knew the most likely scenario was that it was other guests, arrived for whatever reasons they had come to the Manor, like they, it didn't stop the redheads' heart from skipping a nervous beat. They were in a murder house, after all. Quietly, she stood, making her way past the two women standing between her and the door to the hallway, and peered around the corner in the dim light. Footsteps echoed down the large room, and Alice gulped.

"I was right, Sam. I knew I heard something!" A figure was approaching, down the hallway, the shape of it's head strange and distorted in the gloom. It was larger than a human head should be, and Alice could feel her pulse hammering behind her ears. She didn't believe in ghosts, or monsters... but what on earth...

"Oh." As the boy came closer, and into clear view, Alice grinned, feeling a little silly. Though his hair was strange, styled as it was to an impressive volume around his pale face, it was in no way inhuman.

"Uh, hi..." she started to greet the latest addition to the party, before a truly frightening sound cut her off mid-sentence. Gunshots. And from right behind her, just outside the door! Alice spun in place, her eyes widening; and the door crashed toward her, narrowly missing the girl as it was kicked from its weakened hinges. A dark-skinned man, strangely dressed, burst through behind it, announcing himself with a flourish.

"Well, Kerney 'Indiana' Jones, I'm all for making an entrance but destruction of property is a crime, you know!" Anger at being startled overtook her better judgement (the man had a gun, after all, perhaps pissing him off wasn't the best idea) as Alice rounded on the man, hands on hips, "what the fuck was that about?!"

Sy23
05-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Lora Fuschia Quentinelle had finally stopped trembling.

That girl at the party, she felt, had no right to be so arrogant. So aggressive. So... so damn rude! Marc had smiled at her. He had. And... and it had been that special kind of smile, the kind a guy gives a girl when he's... interested.

How dare that little bitch have done what she did. Coming out of nowhere, taking Marc by the arm. Didn't she know the rules? The code? Horning in on a man, when another girl's already claimed him. And then, making it worse by that cock and bull story claiming she was Marc's partner. The hide of the girl! It would have served her right if Lora had trashed her, in front of everyone. Oh yes, the little cow was so lucky that Lora just happened to believe that brawling was undignified. Not that she was scared, or anything. She just... just didn't think it appropriate, that was all. Which was why she'd sneaked out of the window, hopped the first long distance bus that was passing, and ridden it until her fare was exhausted... simply in the cause of peace, to avoid a nasty, unladylike scene.

Her trembling was from rage, suppressed fury. Only a fool would say it was from fear. She'd left to avoid a scene, purely and simply.

But what she did admit to fearing was getting soaking wet. The ominous crackling and rolling in the distance had been portentous. Being dressed in her best Armani suit and Jimmy Choos, she had no desire to see them ruined. So when she'd seen the manor, she'd knocked timidly on the door... and, receiving no answer, and finding the door unlocked...

Well, to add to the other indignities of that evening, her bladder, never especially reliable at the best of times, was ready to burst. It was humiliating enough having to stand with one leg twisted around the other waiting for someone to answer her knock. If she hadn't found a bathroom soon, it would have been too late.

So, after relieving herself in a small water closet she'd found attached to the kitchen, she'd just been putting her attire to rights when she'd hard the cars. And voices...

How mortifying. The owners had come home. So now, she had either to make the embarrassing admission she'd been caught short and had to use the bathroom right now, or be up in court facing a charge of trespassing.

What started as a sigh soon turned into a sniffle, then a full-fledged howl. Life just wasn't fair!

G
05-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Lora's loud, distressed sobs drifted through the house, bouncing from the grimy tiles that lined the kitchen floor and echoing into the hallway. If she hadn't been so distracted, first with the events of the night leading up to this point, and then with her dishevelled attire, she might have heard the soft shuffle of footfalls on the wooden floor behind her. But preoccupied as she was with the injustice done to her, and the sound drowned out by her loud lamenting, she was unaware... until it was too late.

A hand snaked around the girls' suited shoulder, reaching up to firmly cover her mouth and stifling the sobs. The other curled around her arms, holding them in place at her sides with surprising strength, so that try as she might, Ms. Quentinelle would find it impossible to break free.

"Shhh," the sound, uttered uncomfortably close to her right ear, was little more than a hiss; it was impossible to guess who'd made it, male or female, old or young... and then her assailant was dragging her backward, her heels scraping uselessly against the cold floor. Still she struggled, and for a moment it seemed she might break free - her mouth was released for a mere moment as the attacker reached behind them, hand moving with complete surety to its goal - a smooth, porcelain vase made fierce, sudden contact with the young womans' skull, and her cries for help abruptly stopped.

If the houses current occupants were to make their way through the dining room and the kitchen, morbid stains of dull maroon still covering the tiled floor, and into the cramped personal rooms beyond, the only trace they would find of what had occurred would be the shattered remnants of the vase, wet with a small amount of fresh blood, and a single, abandoned Jimmy Choo, the heel semi-blunted where it had dragged along the floor before tearing away from the womans' foot.

When Lora awoke, it would be in complete darkness, her hands bound roughly with a short length of woven rope. Her hair would be matted with blood, though clotted and dried in place before too much was lost - the wound shallow, and not life-threatening.

The silence that followed was broken by the chiming of the clock - once, twice, thrice... until it had reached nine, and resumed its solemn ticking.

SikstaSlathalin
05-17-2014, 04:27 PM
As the two girl introduced themselves Shay nodded to them.
"Name's Shay Law, my brother Shax was here before. I'd like to see if everything he said was true." She was about to continue when someone moron fired a gun through the door and nearly took out the chatty ginger when some asshat with a whip kicked it in and pranced into the house announcing himself like his name meant something. As he entered the survivalist ripped her knife from it's sheath and threw it at the door whizzing past the nutcase's head.

"Listen here you crazy fuck! Save the cowboy antics for your movies! Shit like shooting guns off without knowing where you're shooting is about as dumb as you can get!" She snarled at the idiot of a man before easily ripping her knife from the door with one pull and sheathing it. Just then pitiful and pained screams seemed to erupt from every corner of the house causing her to instinctively pull her knife out and get into a combat stance with it trying to locate it's source.

The wailing and cries for help lasted only a few minutes until it stopped the sound of something shattering announcing it's end. Keeping her knife out Shay walked towards the kitchen.
"Come on, the sounded like someone getting attacked. And as much as I hate following the cliche Horror movie plot, we should see if we can help. Stick together and we may all live through this movie."

Minkasha
05-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Kyle undoubtedly knew that Dolor was beginning to follow him, and therefore, allowed it. He liked Dolor a bit, even if he was a bit different, though Kyle didn’t have much room to talk. As he arrived in the room, he noticed a few people near the entrance. Out of the people that he saw, there was one that he seemed to notice out of the rest, mainly because she introduced herself. It was weird though, but he knew that look that she gave him. Most people were not impressed with Kyle’s sense of style, mainly because most people didn’t understand it. Though admittedly, she was pretty cute, but then again, he didn’t really know how to address himself. It seemed like they were kind of apart when it came to lifestyle acceptances and tendencies.

“Hehehe, hi.” He said back as he scratched the back of his head and smiled at her. He turned a bit red, though he didn’t really show his nervousness through facial features. He sucked at talking to girls, even if they were being friendly. “Do you live here?” He ask as he then heard a gunshot through the door. He saw a guy that had apparently lost a costume contest. Apparently, it was Raiders of the Lost Ark all over again as Kyle kept his smile and said startled, “Now, I know everyone gave you a bunch of crap about what you did… but THAT WAS AWESOME!” Kyle’s inner boy spoke out. He decided not to be the butthole and try to make friends with the Indiana Jones impersonator. “Just don’t do it again haha!” Kyle said trying to discourage the gunfire, especially in a creepy mansion where paranoia could play a factor on someone’s sanity.

Dolor had kept quiet, only watching the actions of those around him. It was fascinating how life was celebrated in this culture, yet they carried guns so casually, death in their hands. Under the cloak he moved his eyes back to Kyle. The young boy did not need to be in such weak company, they would pollute the mind with their culturally gifted fog.

The sounds of violence began to sing within the house. The athletic woman among them wished to peruse it.

"And so Lord Mirnon begins to sate himself" there was a sound of amusement in his voice.

It wasn't soon after that Kyle had heard a scream. He was wondering what it was because usually screams in a haunted mansion are usually people just trying to play a joke. That's what Kyle thought it out to be though in any case. There's no real way that anyone could be starting to come into the house, just to murder them all, though the superstition of the house was creepy. It was especially creepy how the sounds of the screams abruptly ended with the crashing of some kind of glass. it may have been a vase or a lamp of some sorts. "Dolor... that was creepy what you just said. You think we should check it out? I mean, there's no way that anyone could be really hurt right? I know the history of the place... sort of, but that doesn't mean anything for now right?"

Dolor's face was neutral.

"It means everything. History repeats itself young one" he turned away from the boy looked deeper into the house, not in the direction of the scream. "Now would be the time for you to leave this place. I need to begin my work"

"What do you mean leave this place? And history is repeating itself? How do you know these things?" He asked Dolor in concern. "Where are you wanting me to go exactly? I mean... leaving wouldn't be the smartest decision right?" Kyle was starting to panic a bit while trying to get answers out of Dolor. He walked up to Dolor and stated silently saying, "Do you know what's going on and if I can make it out alive or not?"

Kyle at this time was thinking things through. What if he did leave? I mean, Dolor was behind him the whole time, so Dolor may have been behind some of it, whether it was true or not. Kyle was about to follow the other guy into the room when he stated that everyone should check it out. Kyle wasn't going to leave Dolor until he got an answer.

Dolor looked to the youth, hearing the fear in his rambles. This is where the Dark Lord could begin shaping him "You have three options" he gestured one of his draped arms elegantly to the door. "Walk out the front door" the arm dropped. "Follow me, or follow the screams. Now pick, and may the Dark Lord watch over you" Dolor finally began to walk away to the stairs that were in the hall.

"But..." He said as he stopped himself. Kyle was considering what Dolor was saying because he didn't know whether or not to trust him. The only thing Kyle knew for sure is that Dolor couldn't have killed the girl because he was behind him the whole time. The girls were in front of Kyle, so they didn't do it. The Indiana Jones wannabe didn't seem like he had the capabilities of executing something like that. So what in the hell was going on? There was someone else in the house that had not shown themselves.

"Damnit..." He thought to himself as he was starting to become shaken a bit. Dolor showed him options that he could take, but then again, there were 3 options he could take. If Kyle were to have went out the front door, then most likely someone would be waiting for him. To be sent on his own with no help would probably end up in his demise. If Kyle followed the group, who was in shock and awe, he would have a better chance at living, but then again, it would be like sheep to the slaughter. In many scenarios, Kyle could end up being dead even with the group. And then there was Dolor's options. Following Dolor was a risky choice. For one, Dolor could lead to answers of what is going on. On the other hand, Dolor may be playing a part in the others demise.

"Shit... I need something to calm me..." He said as he desperately wanted to reach for some of his calmers that were in his pockets. He had to give this decision some serious though. In the worst case scenario, he was going to be dead either way. Dolor seemed to be his best option in his mind because if Dolor wanted him dead, he would have done it hours ago when Kyle first arrived. Kyle looked at the others for a moment and back to Dolor. He knew his options. "Yeah... I'm not going to be picked off like that. You guys do what you want, I'm not following you guys. You could be in on this crap, and I want no part of it." Kyle quickly turned to Dolor, who was at this was a little bit away, but quickly run to him and said "If you wanted me dead, you would have done it already wouldn't you?" Dolor's hand was on the railing, a foot on the steps when he was stopped. He turned to look at Kyle and smiled.

"Yes. If the Dark Lord had willed it. But you are infinitely precious, your mind open and not turned into mush by society."

Kyle listened to the man as he gave him reassurance in his decision. He was still to be careful of Dolor just in case things may happen, but for now, Kyle had no other choice but to trust him. Things were about to get intense around this area. Kyle felt as though as he was constantly being watched. He looked behind him a bit as the party was off in a distance. He hated that he had to leave them, but then again, he didn't want to bring himself to die so quickly, even if it meant having to leave a few others to save himself. It wasn't that he didn't care for them all, he just didn't want to have any part of their deaths.

From his purse he pulled out a taser, the electroshock gun had a flashlight built into it. With two additional cartridges, he grabbed Kyle's hand and placed them in his grasp. The purse put Kyle at an odd position, mainly because he didn't see many men carrying a purse. Then again, what came out of the purse put Kyle on guard, though he was keeping a good composure. It was a taser that seemed to have a flashlight built into it. It seemed as though everyone came self prepared except for him, but he knew that he could use his environment to his advantage.

"The threat of death invokes more death." his wisdom began to come forth. "When the fear begins to settle in their souls, trust none of them. Even children are capable of murder, it is in our nature, a gift" The black velvet figure turned and began to move up the steps

As he heard Dolor's final wisdom, he knew that maybe he would be in capable hands. 'So... I know you know something of this place. I'm going to find out what.' He spoke in his mind, trying to rationalize his viewing. Slowly, Kyle began to follow Dolor, keeping an eye out behind them while keeping an eye on Dolor, though it was secretive.

Dire Hoef
05-18-2014, 01:22 AM
Circumstances

Doc. Harrison, to his surprised, hadn't really put into thought of what others might think of his presence. He wasn't the one to question logic that had no meaning what so ever. Doc. Harrison, off to the corner of his eye, saw the maid in which had conversed with him before appear in the doorway once more. Doc. Harrison gave a quick look, as would an old man would seeing something off about the situation at hand, at the maid before standing to his feet packing his things. He had input a few books and a blank book with a pencil so that he could jot down any sort of informational detail that pertain to Mirnon's Family History. Doc. Harrison heaved himself through the door stepping pass the maid who had a worried look upon her face. In Doc. Harrison's stories there were always times where those that had the faintest of souls would always feel worried towards the main protagonist within the story. What Doc. Harrison witnessed was something out of his stories. It made him wonder if his life was starting to merge with his own stories. Though he doubted the horror aspect of his stories would appeal to that of his own reality.

Doc. Harrison stepped into the foyer after moments of walking down a long and quiet hallway. The walls of such a hallway were lined with priceless items such as paintings, sculptures, etcetra. Doc. Harrison stood before two brown colored wooden doors that had structural detail within both doors. It had appealed to Doc. Harrison that the doors themselves gave him sympathy towards his characters knowing that each character had a different cause in his stories. Doc. Harrison, after minutes of examining the door, stepped out those doors into the sunlight of what was day. Doc. Harrison silently stepped towards his vehicle that was prepared for him. A bulter, who was named Gregory, stepped aside for his master step into the vehicle. Doc. Harrison wasted no time bickering towards Gregory and with this stepped into the vehicle settling himself within the driver seat of the vehicle itself.

Doc. Harrison realized the vehicle itself was already turned on a specific radio station played his most favorable genre of music... Classical... Doc. Harrison smiled as he saw maids and bulters alike wave to Doc. Harrison as a means of departing from his natural estate. Seconds after receiving his departing wave he sent the same sort of wave but it was more of a lift his right hand than an actual wave. Doc. Harrison pulled on the clutch of the vehicle and put it into drive and with this pulled out of the estate's driveway before taking on mid-speed down the road.

From where Doc. Harrison lived was basically country-side. Doc. Harrison loved the country-side and its beauties since, to him, he can become inspirational without having to do much thinking-wise. Doc. Harrison settled back in his seat as he wondered what sort of information the Mirnon estate held. Doc. Harrison always dreamed of conquering the world's intellectual knowledge and wisdom of its own history and social personalities. From the time of the Greeks to the early traces of Humanity, he has been wanting to know such information.

After taking in the majesty that was the country-side it had successfully been an hour since he had left his estate and made way for the Mirnon estate. Doc. Harrison began to digest what sort of people would be there and with this he gripped the steering wheel tightly. He had accepted the fact that he was Neurologist in which studied the brain for numerous amounts of years. Doc. Harrison sighed knowing he was over-thinking things and with this backed off letting go the grip he had recently equiped. Doc. Harrison looked forward with his forty-seven year old eyes he caught a glimpse of the Mirnon estate. He had finally reached seeing distance of the manor itself.

Doc. Harrison pulled into the estate seeing several other cars that had already pulled into its driveway. Doc. Harrison sighed as he found a suitable area to park his vehicle before stepping out into the twilight. He seemed rather interested at the large size of this manor, but what intrerested him the most was the information it held. He wanted to investigate such information to make sure his maid wasn't taking him for a fool. Doc. Harrison closed his drive-side door before locking it and making his way up the drive-way [due to him parking near the gate] and to the doors that were set before him. It had seem he was late, but that wasn't the problem. He witnessed others that were either older or younger than him, but this didn't bother him.

Doc. Harrison, after stepping into the home, looked around at the vast structural difference from his estate to theirs.. This was going to be an interesting night.

Weble
05-18-2014, 05:23 PM
When he finished scouting out local knowledge about the Manor he realised that his stomach has been growling for a while. He looked at his watch and was surprised to know he was late already for his usual dinner time.
"Ha ha so that explains why I'm hungry" he said to himself as he went around asking the locals for a place to eat. They recommended a restaurant just a few blocks away called 'The Marauders'. Interesting name but the food was delicious.

When he had his fill he walked to his car with a satisfied stomach and carrying a plastic bag full of food stash for his snacks. He settled into his car and took a flash light from his breast pocket to see the route to the Manor, which isn't indicated on the map unfortunately but it's closet landmark was a old church a few meters away.
You would be surprised as to why a bestseller author is in a old car with no GPS well the reason was simple his cousin wanted to impress some foreign girl from France and begged Robert to use his sports car.
He relented on the condition that the car wouldn't scratched and no personal items to be found in there, cleaners would question as to why a bra is there.

He then drove for a couple of miles then stopped so that he could scout around for the old church, once he saw it just beyond a thicket he knew he was close. A few meters later he saw the Manor in its' vacated rundown glory and what surprised him even more was to see other cars there. They were probably here for the same reasons as he was, the thrill and the supposed fortune.
"Damn where am I supposed to park the car." He muttered to himself as he was somewhat annoyed to the other car owners. Eventually he decided to park beside Doc. Harrison's car, his gonna have to leave early since his parked there.
He got out of the car, took out his sports bag filled with clothes and knickknacks as well as his food stash, he locked the car and made his way to the front door.
Robert debated whether to knock to announce his presence but decided to just poke his head in to see of anybody was in the hall way, if not he'll knock.
When he opened it he was surprised to see an elderly man standing there observing the interior. It took awhile for him to recognise the man but when he did he suddenly dropped his bags and exclaimed "Are you Doc. Harrison? I'm Robert, I'm a big fan of your books" he said with excitement worthy of a teenage girl fan girling.

Dire Hoef
05-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Universal Vendetta

"Are you Doc. Harrison? I'm Robert, I'm a big fan of your books!"

Exclaimed a rather ambitious male who seemed to be fond with his books. Doc. Harrison eyed this strange male as it would seem he was fan-girling over his oldish exterior. Doc. Harrison wasn't the one to take fame so seriously though it was quite surprising to find one person who seemed interested in his books that weren't teenagers and young adults. Doc. Harrison stood before this man with great posture taking advantage of this stardom. Doc. Harrison stared at this man before speaking;

"Yes it is me. Now do please mind to keep your voice down, for I am on important business venues with the Mirnon estate."

Doc. Harrison turned his back towards the male and slowly stepped his way into the lounge area where he would investigate the given uses of books that seemed to line some of the walls within the large room.

Epostle
05-19-2014, 01:56 PM
As Kyle followed Dolor up the stairs, his heart was racing. The area was almost pitch black to where he couldn’t see. It was at this time that Kyle finally figured out how the flashlight worked on the taser and turned it on. The direction Kyle had it facing was in his face, which temporarily blinded him in pain. The light was incredibly bright and was of a clear white coloration, indicating that the light was of high caliber and wouldn’t waste as much energy as a normal light. As the blindness went away, even though it was only for a few short seconds, he quickly turned the light around and pointed it to Dolor’s back.

“Phew… that sucked…” He said aloud as he rubbed his eyes a bit, seeing that Dolor was still in front of him. Kyle was shining the light on the ground to where they could both see in case if anything was to happen to the floor. Sometimes old places like this where often problematic with hanging nails, tearing wallpaper, loose boards, and sometimes even loose ceilings. It was evident that this house was old, hearing the creaks and cracks as they both went up the stairs. Kyle was careful about each step, gently pressing upon each board just in case one were to break.

“So, do you live here… or are you here for another reason? What’s your story if you don’t mind me being so blunt.” He asked nicely yet in a sense of anxiety. Though Kyle was more calm than what he was, he was still feeling the anxiety of the whole situation at hand. Kyle at this time turned his flashlight around to make sure no one he didn’t want to follow him up the stairs. Kyle was checking every little bit of space and every section of the wall as he climbed further up the stairs.

Minkasha
05-20-2014, 12:42 AM
"No. But much like shadow, I can be anywhere. The Dark Lord tells me where to go, and I follow" His eyes had to ignore the flashlight, it made him squint somewhat. Dolor Discordia did not favor light much. However he knew it would give the boy some sense of comfort.

Now at the top of the stairs he looked at the far right wall south east of him. Approaching the bathroom he looked inside carefully. The ghost could be anywhere...

"Story time is for slumber young one, stay focused"

G
05-27-2014, 05:00 AM
Kerney seemed a little dumbfounded at the response his entrance garnered - clearly, it had not been the awestruck gasps of excitement, or impressed swooning he'd been hoping for; in fact, no one seemed remotely impressed with his manly display save the teen boy who had been approaching from the hallway. His gaze flickered from the redhead who stood glowering at him to the fierce woman whose knife was still vibrating slightly from impact in the wood of the door behind him.
"Uhh," he started to respond, to try and regain the heroic stance he'd planned to arrive on, but was cut off by the panicked scream that echoed through the house. His expression changed at once from confusion to petrified fear, then he put on a brave face and puffed out his chest, his hands going to his hips.

"Yes, right. Everyone stay behind me, now, let's investigate!" he spoke as though it had been his idea, rather than Shay's, and entered the dining room, hoping no one had seen the girlish look of terror on his face when the cry had rung out.

Alice rolled her eyes as the 'adventurer' strode off, ignoring their indignant responses to his entrance.
"Right. So we're just pretending that didn't happen, then? Well, if this idiot wants to go first, fucking let him, I say."

It wasn't clear who she was speaking to, for none of the others could see the slender boy that, in Alice's perception, stood beside her. Kayli nodded in agreement, happy to assume her 'friends' words were directed to her, and the two girls started after Shay, falling into step behind the commanding woman.

"If this is your stereotypical horror plot, I guess that makes you the leader," Alice remarked to Shay, casually. It made sense to her, anyway. She doubted Kerney 'Indiana' Jones would agree.

-

At the sound of the scream, echoing even to the manor's exterior, Kerney's horse reared in fright, it's front legs re-meeting the earth as it kicked out in panic with it's powerful rear legs, hooves striking the closest thing - Alice's car. With a bang, the impact of hoof and tire left the latter destroyed, air leaking from a gaping tear in the rubber. Startled further by the sound of the blowing tire, the horse turned to canter frantically back down the drive and away up the road.

SikstaSlathalin
05-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Shay snorted letting the goon take point. He was a fool, if something was gonna happen she'd let it happen to him first. She just hoped he'd lose the gun before it happened. Gun are always helpful in horror movies as long ass the one holding it wasn't some kind of screaming bimbo or the purest of idiots. As Alice commented on her being the leader of this horror movie band she laughed keeping her eyes roving around the house.
"Ha, well if that's the case. I'd say we call the cops once we find the body then either stand in the middle of the foyer all night with all the lights on and each of us armed with a weapon of some kind."

She heard voices entering the house behind them asnd turned slightly looking back to see some figures in the doorway. Rule 1 of surviving a horror movie stick together.
"Hey you guys best catch up to us and stick with the group, we're going to find a murderer."

RisingPhoenix
05-31-2014, 05:18 AM
Alas he was running late yet again. How hard was it to find a decrepit old building they called a mansion? Apparently it was rather hard considering he was just arriving to the place. He was sure there weren’t any others here. No one else was stupid enough to go there and do what he was going to do. Antonio sighed as he drove his car down the driveway and up to the building as close as he could get before parking and grabbing his jacket. This was hopefully the one and only time he had to come to this place. It gave him the creeps, but his job was to investigate it and he would do just that. He had his normal gear with him whenever he went on an investigation, and he double checked to make sure. There were vehicles of various shapes and sizes parked out front, but he was certain none of them were here to “investigate” but more so to find either the rumored treasure, or to see if the rumors about this manor were actually true.

Sighing, he made his way towards the lifeless building, but halted when he heard a scream. This scream was one of pure unadulterated fear. It was so strong that the horse that had been parked so lovely and carefully outside was spooked and went into a frenzy bursting someone’s tire and rushing off down the road from whence he came. Antonio had placed his hand on his gun and for a second waited to see if anyone or anything came into view. Luckily nothing showed, but he rushed up the stairs of the manor and entered in without a second thought. His hand still expertly placed on his gun as he moved through the house.

“IS ANYONE HERE?” he called, “I HEARD A SCREAM!”

It was crazy for him to yell out like this. How did he know that the one responsible for the scream wasn’t simply trying to lure him in and trap him? How did he know that the one who caused the scream wasn’t still lurking about for their next victim? He rubbed his blessed amulet with his free hand, kissing it quickly before making his way in further. Someone was here, that much was certain, but he was hoping to find life here, not death.