PDA

View Full Version : Athena vs. Ares (Bunnybearbird vs. Cfavano)

Cfavano
05-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Athena's first realization was that, from halfway down her calf, she felt wet. Looking down, she realizes she's standing in the ocean. but not on the beach. Looking around, she can see she's standing next to a cliff, and it only goes up to her knees. From behind her, she hears a splash, and turning around, she sees someone she had never hoped to see again. Her very own half-brother, Ares, the God of War (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100909174048/godofwar/images/5/55/Ares_2.jpg). "Greetings, sister dearest. Did you miss me? Your champion failed to kill me, and now, I'm here to repay you. And I assure you." He points his flaming sword at her. "You will get your reward."

Bunnybearbird
05-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Athena's heart raced as the only rival that has ever come close to besting her stood in front of her. Her mind went back to the times they'd fought before, to his strategies and his weaknesses. On the inside her mind and heart were running out of control...

But in the outside she wore a cool and collected demeanor. "You're my half brother Ares. And what is a little fun between siblings? But alas if you want something done..." She said as she extended her wings and raised her sword. "Do it yourself!" She ran at him with her shield in one hand and sword pointed at him in another.

Cfavano
05-07-2014, 10:26 PM
Ares also rushed his sister, his massive sword trailing steam as he tailed it through the water, and with his first upward diagonal slash, he also dragged several hundred thousand gallons of boiling seawater, which would splash Athena. He would then bring his sword down in an overhead chop.

Bunnybearbird
05-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Athena took the splash of boiling water to her chest with a small cry out so that she could lift her shield to block his downward slash. She swung her sword across his exposed torso. "You're getting stupid in your old age Ares."

Cfavano
05-07-2014, 10:52 PM
That attack would have hit, had not one of his spiked appendages blocked her sword. Another one on the opposite side curled around her and stabbed toward her kidney. "You were saying? At least I was born in the normal way, not like a freak like you.

Bunnybearbird
05-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Athena pushed his appendage away with her wing before shooting up in the air and coming down sword down at his back her wings pressed against her back for maximum speed. "At least in battle I'm wise enough to not let my anger control me."

Cfavano
05-09-2014, 03:46 AM
Ares hops back, his jump making a tidal wave and flooding a nearby fishing village, to dodge his sister's clumsy attack. "Says the cowad who sent a mortal to kill her brother in cold blood. Kratos was my champion, Athena. You and the others had no right to steal him from me and turn him against me." Fire forms in his empty fist. "Now, burn in the fires of war!" He sends a large wave of fire at her. Within this fire, she can see the forms of howling barbarians and rampaging cavalry.

Bunnybearbird
05-09-2014, 07:54 AM
Athena quickly knelt down in the water and used her shield to block the fire waiting for it all to pass. The fire had singed her back as it went over making the ties on her clothes become burnt. She glared at Ares as she stood. "I actually liked this outfit." She let out a battle scream and quickly flicked open medusa's eyes.

Cfavano
05-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Ares swung his weapon and severed the head of Medusa from her shield, and it fell into the ocean and disappeared. "You claim to be a better warrior, and yet you rely on tricks. This is why father respects me more than you as a warrior. You're nothing but a silly woman who needs to go back to the kitchen where you belong, you spinster."

Bunnybearbird
05-11-2014, 06:04 PM
"You bastard!" She yelled as she stepped forward and hit his elbow with the but of her sword trying to dislodge his sword from his grasp. She quickly then swung her sword at his neck aiming to end his life. She stepped back panting heavily from her burns and gashes as the pain started to get to her.

Cfavano
05-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Ares easily parried her rage-driven blows, before countering with a vicious headbutt, which even dented her helm, and caused her to stumble back towards the cliff. She then fell, hard, onto her back, and her helmet bounceed away In a second, he was on top of her, bashing her in the face with his fist repeatedly. Athena could feel the crunching of her nose breaking, and cracks as a few of her teeth get broken. "Do you see, Athena? You are the lesser of us. You play at war, but you are bound by 'love' and 'kindness', and they weigh you down. You will never best me." Thunder rumble overhead, and Ares looks up. "It seems the fates have decreed that you shall not die today. I am being called, but before I go..." He gets off of her, and kicks her hard in the side to flip her over, and she can feel a few ribs cracking. He the puts his foot on her back as a brace, and then grabs on to her wings. With a mighty tug, he rip her wings clear off of her back in a gout of blood. Athena would likely scream. "I'll be taking these. If you want them back... Learn how to become a real warrior." A pillar of flame surrounds him, and he disappears.

Athena is beaten, battered, and broken. But the Guardian is no longer there, so she is a victor. A hole opens underneath her and she falls through it.

Victory?