PDA

View Full Version : [M]The Elven Gardens Home for the Mad.

Lord Tully
08-14-2010, 04:41 AM
This is something a bit new, we're all familiar with the medieval fantasy settings, but we rarely see any of the, less pleasant, aspects associated with such a time period. This will give us a peek at life inside the world of an insane asylum: The Elven Gardens, it's a pretty name meant to give off the perception that it is a happy place for those unfortunates stricken with an illness of the mind. But there are many dark and evil aspect of the Gardens, one such aspect is that those who speak of the Royal Family in a way that could cause trouble (claiming over taxation, that their child was assassinated by the king, such things are never allowed to be said in public) are imprisoned with labels of some form of mental disease placed on them and are treated as any other within the walls of the Gardens.

Rules:
All forum rules apply

I am GM what I say is law

This is a mature RP set in an insane asylum, expect lots of blood, swearing and everything else that makes life fun.

This is a fantasy setting so Elves, mages, lizard people, they're all allowed. You can be just about any humanoid you can think of as long as they aren't space aliens or monsters (So no ogres, orcs or Darkspawn).

Do not kill any player character, or major NPC without permission.

You are allowed to have an actual condition but I want those characters to be kept at a minimum.

Magic users are confined to a special area of the Asylum

Feel free to ask me anything.

(May be subject to change)

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race: (Must be humanoid)
Appearance: (Pictures are allowed, text is also welcome)
Personality:
Diagnosis: (What illness your character is said to have)
Crime: (The actual reason you've been sent to Elven Gardens)
Years in Elven Gardens: (if your character has just been admitted put "New Arrival")
Other: (Anything else you want us to know about your character)

soulpelt
08-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Expect my completely mad human Mage CS to be up shortly. Of course he wasn't always mad......

Bravado
08-15-2010, 12:32 AM
Oh God, it's medieval One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Count me in!

bluemoon
08-15-2010, 02:43 AM
Character Sheet:
Name: Marlow Decarte "Mari"
Race: Half-elf

Appearance: 5'8"/120 lbs. Mari's ears are elven in appearance. Her eyes are brown and her skin is pale.
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk257/winskunas/Women_curly_hairstyle_red_hair.jpg

Personality: Mari has become hardened and bitter after two years of being beaten, starved and subjected to countless blood-letting. She is seen as stubborn, uncooperative and belligerent. Before her imprisonment she was a very care-free person, full of life and energy. On occasion, this side of her makes an appearance, usually viewed by others as part of her other "demonic" self.

Diagnosis: Demonic possession

Crime: Mari was in the employment of the king as a gardener. She was caught fraternizing with the prince in a carnal manner. When she threatened to disclose their relationship and her delicate condition (pregnant) she was sent to Elven Gardens.

Years in Elven Gardens: 2 years

Other: Born of a human male and elven female, Mari appears human except for her pointed ears. Her skin is paler than that of a human and her expected longevity is 180 years. She has a sense for magic and a love of nature.

------------------
sir hatless, I did not describe her clothing because I wasn't sure if there was going to be a "uniform" manner of dress for inmates. If I need to add this, please let me know. :)

Lord Tully
08-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Oh no, that's fine, this isn't like hospitals of today, there's no sort of 'hospital clothes' here, just whatever sort of clean clothes they have avaliable that day.

TwinDeath
08-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Kindly ignore this post.