PDA

View Full Version : The Manuscript

Black
08-15-2010, 01:55 AM
The Manuscript
By: The People of the World
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay a while and make foot prints on our hearts and we are never ever the same" - Anonymous.

"A mere friend will agree with you, But a true friend will argue." - Russian Proverb.

"You may be one person to the world, but you may be the world to one person" - Anonymous.

"The Road to a Friends House is never ever Long" - Danish Proverb.

"Choose your friends carefully, because your enemies will choose you" - Yassir Arafat.

"A Friend is one to whom one can pour out all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keeping what is worth keeping, and, with the breath of kindess, blow the rest away" -Arabian Proverb.

"A true friend is someone who sees through you and still enjoys the view" - Wilma Askinas.

"If you have not learned what friendship means then you have not learned anything" - Muhamid Alli.

"He whos hand is clasped in friendship cannot throw mud." - Anonymous.

"A friend is a present you give to yourself" - Robert Louis Stevenson.

"Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious" - St. Thomas Aquinas.

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival" - C. S. Lewis.

"He who has not the weakness of friendship has not the strength of the world" - Joseph Joubert.

"To be capable of steady friendship or lasting Love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind" - Paul Aubuchon.

"Love Him, and keep Him for thy Friend, who, when all go away, will not forsake thee, nor suffer thee to perish at the last" - Tomas p Kempis.

"I get by with a little help from my friends" - John Lennon.

"At the shrine of friendship never say die, let the wine of friendship never run dry" - Les Miserables.

"The language of friendship is not words but meanings" - Henry David Thoreau.

"A heart that loves is always young" - Greek Proverb.

"The Hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else" - Anonymous

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams" - Dr Seuss.

"I love you, not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you" - Roy Croft.

"Some of the greater things in life are unseen thats why you close your eyes, when you kiss, cry, or dream..." - Anonymous.

"Without love, I feel no need to obey law, I feel no need to respect life, I see no reason why I should listen to reason. However, add in a little love, and all of this becomes nessisary so that you will be with the one you love as long as you can" - Tyler Gibbons.

"If you love me, let me know. If not, please gently let me go" - Anonymous.

"The best thing about me is you" - Shannon Crown.

"The couple that fights the most is the one most in love... it shows they care enough to notice the other one screwed up and care enough to mention it to the person so they can fix it. When you stop fighting it means you stopped caring." - Shawna Waltemyer.

"If you loved someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back they'd never ask you to" - Anonymous.

"As we grow older together, As we continue to age, there is one thing that will never change . . . I will always keep falling in love with you" - Karen Coldfelder.

"Two souls but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one" - Friedrich Halm.

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out"- Jack Buck.

"Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, hey girl, magenta! and she's like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, no - I want magenta!" - John Mayer.

"Don't let someone be a priority in your life when you are still an option in their life" - Unknown.

"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching" - Anonymous.

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way" - Anonymous.

"Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong" - Greg Evans.

"Fate, is an excuse for why we end up where we do! Our 'Actions' predetermine our Destiny, our 'Reactions' seal that fate!" - Carl Stoynoff.

"It's better to be an authentic loser than a false success, and to die alive than to live dead." - William Markiewicz.

"We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons." - Jim Rohn.

"Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them." - Richard L. Evans.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us" - Walt Emerson.

" Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice" - Bethany Hamilton.

"Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm ... As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others." - Audrey Hepburn.

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all up hill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out. Don't give up though the pace seems slow--You may succeed with another blow, Success is failure turned inside out--The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--It's when things seem worst that you must not quit. " - Unkown.

"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds." Gordon B. Hickley.

"The steeper the mountain the harder the climb the better the view from the finishing line" - Anonymous.

"You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be." - Lou Holtz.

"Don't frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile" - SinVyeSt Tan.

"Don't take life to seriouly because you'll never get out alive" Josh Shippe.

"With high hope for the future, no prediction is ventured." - Abraham Lincoln.

"Hope is the last thing that dies in man; and though it be exceedingly deceitful, yet it is of this good use to us, that while we are traveling through life it conducts us in an easier and more pleasant way to our journey's end." Francois De La Rochefoucauld.

"Those who hope for no other life are dead even for this." Johann Wolfgan Von Goethe.

"You just got to ask because if you don't ask you wil never know" Jess a.

"Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future." - Robert H. Schuller.

"Don't cry because its over, Smile because it happened!" Dr. Seuss.

" The secret to happiness is not in doing what one likes to do, but in liking what one has to do." - Unknown.

"Remember that very little is needed to make a happy life." - Marcus Aurelius.

"I look on that man as happy, who, when there is question of success, looks into his work for a reply." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Happiness is a small and unworthy goal for something as big and fancy as a whole lifetime, and should be taken in small doses." - Russel Wayne Baker.

"We take greater pains to persuade others we are happy than in trying to think so ourselves." - Confucius.

"Happy is the son whose faith in his mother remains unchallenged." - Louisa May Alcott.

" If evolution were true, mothers would have more than two hands. Only God gave us eyes in the back of our heads and the power to tune things out." - Courtney S.

"The pressures of being a parent are equal to any pressure on earth. To be a conscious parent, and really look to that little being's mental and physical health, is a responsibility which most of us, including me, avoid most of the time because it's too hard." - John Lennon.

"Children need models rather than critics." Joseph Joubert.

"You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." - Franklin P. Jones.

"I must study politics and war, that my sons may have the liberty to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain." - John Adams.

" And my parents finally realize that I'm kidnapped and they snap into action immediately: They rent out my room." - Woody Allen.

"Think of stretch marks as pregnancy service stripes." - Joyce Armor.

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box" - Italian Proverb.

"Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life. Funny thing is, once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking, the harder it becomes to know what to say, or how to ask for what we really need." - Unkown.

"In endowing us with memory, nature has revealed to us a truth utterly unimaginable to the unreflective creation, the truth of immortality....The most ideal human passion is love, which is also the most absolute and animal and one of the most ephemeral." George Santayana.

"There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval. The dark background which death supplies brings out the tender colors of life in all their purity." - George Santayana.

"Most people would rather die than think: many do" - Bertrand Russell.

" Every man dies. Not every man really lives." - William Wallace.

I took the time to compile a few of my favorite quotes, and decided to name it the Manuscript, and will continue to add to it until I run out of stuff, then get it published (hopefully) o.o.