PDA

View Full Version : Tetsuya's Characters

Tetsuya
06-27-2014, 06:10 AM
Currently being reworked slightly. Expect a few reposts soon.

The amount of creativity in that title is truly astounding

I'd been trying to keep all my characters organized in one document, but naturally that hasn't been working out very well. So I've decided to attempt to keep them organized here instead.

Characters were initially organized into one post per setting, but I got tired of not having anything new posted so I decided to just give each character their own post and have decided to use the Table of Contents for setting organization. If there's a certain character you want to know about, then click on them and read away.

Table of Contents

Original Settings

Blood Red Sunrise/Of Once and Future Kings
Brand 'Blade' Carpenter (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2116173&viewfull=1#post2116173)
Dezz Lowborn (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2777896&viewfull=1#post2777896)

Paradoy/Fanfic

Pathfinder
Max (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2680256&viewfull=1#post2680256)

Pokemon
Haru Corbel (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2114511&viewfull=1#post2114511)
Abel (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2115662&viewfull=1#post2115662)
Kevin 'Vin' Hayes (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2569229&viewfull=1#post2569229)
Isaac (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2569235&viewfull=1#post2569235)

Final Fantasy
Arya Smith (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2216192&viewfull=1#post2216192)

Fire Emblem
Edgar and Egbert (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62781&p=2228632&viewfull=1#post2228632)

Tetsuya
06-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Name: Haru Corbel
Pokemon: Meganium (♂)
Hometown: New Bark Town
Appearance: Haru stands at 5'8, with untidy dark brown hair, emerald green eyes, and slightly tanned skin- though who doesn't have that, what with the sun constantly bearing down on the land? He usually wears a simple black T-shirt covered by a red leather jacket and now tattered, faded jeans. He also has a pair of goggles with him in case of sandstorms.
Bio/History: Haru was born in New Bark Town, where he lived a relatively normal life- he went to school, had a few friends, and spent his time playing Pokemon video games when he wasn't involved with either of the above. He dreamed about becoming a Pokemon Trainer, taking on the Pokemon League Challenge, and eventually becoming Champion....but his parents insisted he finish school first. It seemed as though he would never get to leave New Bark...

That is, until the Change.

Ever since then, Haru has been roaming the wastes with his Meganium, which he found not long before The Change as an injured Chikorita. He is seemingly searching for something, though what for, no one knows. If one were to encounter him, they would see him as a reclusive, almost depressed man, possibly even suicidal for only having one Pokemon and no other weapon. In reality though, Haru is a very brave and determined man, who wont hesitate to help anyone who needs help.
Other Weapons: None

---------------

Roleplay: Pokemon: The Change
Staus: Active

Ah, Haru. Originally made for a fanfic in 2009 that would eventually become the RP Pokemon: The Change, Haru is my oldest character in terms of creation date that I can find and feel is worth sharing. Unfortunately, he's probably my weakest in terms of development. After life happened and the RP had a change (heheheh) in management, the original idea for his entire character arc had to be scrapped, so he's sort of just been floundering around ever since trying to be more than Plot Device Bearer with varied results. But the RP isn't finished quite yet, so maybe he'll get...somewhere eventually.

Tetsuya
06-28-2014, 04:47 AM
Name: Abel
Pokemon:

-Noctowl (♂)
-Pawniard (♀)
-Venonat (♀)
-Ariados (♂) (deceased)
-Typhlosion (♂) (deceased)
Hometown: Cherrygrove City
Appearance: Abel is somewhere between 5'6 and 5'7 in height. He has jet black hair, which tends to drift between messy and well kept- he does try to keep it in some sort of decent state, but given his line of work, that tends to be somewhat difficult. His eyes are a cold, piercing blue, but one would think they were grey unless they got right up in his face. He wears a suit of light leather armor, which he wears a cloak over when he's not working.
Bio/History: Abel lived in Cherrygrove City with his mother and older brother. His father was a Pokemon Trainer, and was rarely ever at home. This never bothered Abel or his brother- in fact, they both greatly admired him. Needless to say, Abel was incredibly jealous of his brother when he finally turned ten and thus became old enough to set out on his own journey, but there was nothing Abel could do about it- he would simply have to wait. And so he did...

...until the letter came.

Abel never found out exactly what the letter said. His mother simply told him that his father was dead after reading it, which he accepted- after all, Trainers DID occasionally die out there. They managed to get in contact with Abel's brother, but he was unable to make it home before yet another tragedy occurred- their mother passed away. As far as doctors could tell, she had been perfectly healthy- the only thing they could come up with was that the death of her husband had been too much for her to take, and she had been so depressed that she had eventually just...died.

The two brothers moved to Violet City, where their aunt and uncle lived. Ken's brother practically became walking hatred- he grew to hate Pokemon especially, blaming them on the death of his parents. It eventually got to the point that he took all of his Pokemon out into the woods and killed all of them one by one with a gun that he had somehow obtained. Eventually, he came to his Quilava. Abel had found them by this time, and tackled his brother, completely ignoring the fact that he held a gun.

And then The Change hit.

Once the light cleared, Abel didn't have any time to take in the change of scenery- his brother had recovered, and judging by the fact that he now had his gun aimed at Abel, it didn't seem like he cared too much about what had just happened.

What Abel did next was completely on impulse. He didn't even think about it, he just did it- he ordered Quilava to attack. There was a roar, and suddenly his brother went up in flames. Abel turned to find not Quilava, but a recently evolved Typhlosion...whose eyes were now turning a shade of red. The flames on its back were now at full blast, but after a moment it calmed itself, though it growled at Abel. Abel slowly went over to the Pokemon's discarded Pokeball, oblivious to his brothers slowly fading screams of agony, and called back Typhlosion.

It was on this day that Abel learned a lesson he would carry with him for the rest of his life- never hesitate to kill.
He eventually grew to be a skilled mercenary, relying less on Pokemon and more on his own skill. He is often hired by Team Rocket, who seem to be rather fond of his skills...a fact that he keeps to himself, of course.
Other Weapons: He always carries his rifle and a combat knife with him. He's also somewhat skilled in hand-to-hand, should the need ever arise.
Other: Due to the unstable nature of his Typhlosion, he almost always keeps it stored in the PC. As for his Pawniard, he obtained this on a mission for Team Rocket- the target was apparently some sort of dealer/breeder in the more dangerous foreign Pokemon and was on his way to deliver a shipment. Abel's job was to intercept and kill him, and bring back all the Pokemon that he could, if possible. It hadn't been- in the end, Abel had to fight the target, which led to the death of all of his Pokemon. All except for one- Pawniard. Pawniard thought of Abel as its master the minute it was released from its Pokeball, and Abel soon found that it followed his every order to the letter. Seeing no need to give such a thing up, he reported that all of the Pokemon had been killed in the struggle, and Team Rocket seemed none the wiser. Or if they knew, they didn't care- Abel didn't get paid for that job, anyway.

---------------

Roleplay Staus: Active

Abel was a complete accident. He initially wasn't even meant to be a full-fledged character, just a GM created NPC meant to help in another player character's development, but once the RP changed (hehehehokayI'llstop) hands and Haru became...indisposed due to plot, I decided to do something more with this guy instead of having him eventually be killed off or whatever fate that would have eventually befallen him. Probably helped that I had a rough idea for a similar character for the fanfic that The Change was initially going to be.

Cut to today and, although I can't say that I've quite hit all the notes that I've wanted to with him (yet), he's one of the most enjoyable characters that I've played.

Now he just has to not get himself killed, which he's slowly made more difficult for himself.

Tetsuya
06-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Character Name: Brand "Blade" Carpenter

Race: Nephilim(human father, Nephalim mother)

Class: Rogue

Weapon and Capabilities: He wields a single majestic longsword (http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/b/ba/RW_Anastasia.jpg) that he claims was given to him by the Crafter Himself, though in reality it was taken off the dead body of a Follower that he killed.

Though he favors his own sword, is capable of wreaking havoc with any other blade that might find its way in his hands during one of his "spells". However, outside of those, he is a little less than average as a fighter.

Appearance: Brand is extremely short for his age, standing at 5'4. He has greasy shoulder-length silver-blonde hair which he keeps tied in a ponytail, and has pale-white skin and brown eyes, although they seem to almost turn red when he has one of his "spells".

Brand is usually seen in filthy, torn rags, which end up in that condition due to his constantly getting into fights. When he needs new clothing, he will usually take the clothing from his victims (assuming they aren't badly torn) or will simply steal some clothes from a local vendor.

History: Brand was born in a small, humble village in the far corner of Arekstur. His father was well known as the town drunk and a worthless layabout, so it came as a surprise when one day he married a beautiful woman that hadn't even been in town long enough for anyone to know her name. The two then built a small cabin not too far from the village, and nearly a year later the woman gave birth to a child- Brand.

Not long after this, however, the woman left mysteriously, never to be seen again, bringing Brand's father back to his old drinking habits. Over the course of the next seven years, Brand would develop into a silent loner, avoided by all because of his father. He also served as the outlet for his father's drunken rages, which occurred often. And it was after one of these rages that, while Brand lay in his bed, to tired to shed any tears, bandits broke in and killed Brand's father, butchering him right in front of Brand, leaving him alive and taking nothing- or at least, that's what was believed. The truth was that Brand had been the one to kill his father, having heard voices telling him to do so- a portion of his Nephalim side briefly surfacing. But, due to his child-like manner of speaking at the time, it sounded to others like he had heard the voices of the bandits and witnessed a grisly murder.

So, with no one left to take care of him, Brand was sent to the nearest church, where he spent the rest of his childhood. Over the next few years, his outward mannerisms would change- but only slightly. By the time he was in his twenties, Brand was a firm believer in the Crafter and was very outspoken on the subject. In secret, however, he often went out in the wild and spent large portions of time torturing animals. He was never seen in the company of others, though, and was often avoided completely by even the priests.

At the age of 22, his Nephalim side resurfaced, this time for good. In a fit of madness, Brand took up a blade and slew everyone in the church. It was at this time that he found his current blade, which he believed to be a gift from the Crafter but was actually taken from the corpse of a dead Follower.
Brand fled the church, and ever since has been roaming the land, killing most who are unfortunate enough to cross his path, and becoming known throughout Arekstur as 'Blade' due to his constant use of blades in his killing. Naturally, no one has actually lived to see him and never knows who he is when they see him.

It is worth noting that Brand still claims to be a Follower, and usually attacks any who claim to not believe in him or who he judges 'unworthy of the Crafter's love', and may even appear perfectly sane at times.

---------------
Roleplay Status: Long dead, unfortunately

In all the time I've spent RPing, Brand has been one of my greatest disappointments. Not because he was a terrible character, but because I never actually got to use him; the RP died before he could be introduced. I've been trying to find a way to retool him so he can fit in another RP, but the problem with that is that his mental state comes from being part Nephilim, so without that there wouldn't be much of an explanation for it other than "he's insane because why not lawl". Hopefully I get something figured out someday.

Tetsuya
09-12-2014, 04:55 AM
Name: Arya Smith
Race: Hyur
Class: Red Mage
Height: 5'5
Weight: 138 lbs

Appearance: Arya usually keeps her just past shoulder length bright red hair tied back in some form, leaving her green eyes free from obstruction. When traveling, she wears the typical Red Mage garb (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Mage?file=Ff11-red-mage.jpg) with a suit of leather armor (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Armor?file=Leathergear.jpg) underneath for better protection. Otherwise, she is usually seen wearing her blacksmith outfit, revealing her rather muscular form that she obtained by working in her family's forge and training to use the weapons made there.

Distinguishing Features: At a glance, one might notice her eyes seem to have an odd glow. This is particularly noticeable when she casts a spell- though being close enough to her to notice this while she's casting generally isn't recommended.

Origins: Arya is the daughter and only child of two blacksmiths originally from Limsa Lominsa.

Personality: Arya is a highly analytical person, thinking her actions over very carefully before executing them. However, Arya is also extremely stubborn; once she sets her mind on something, it WILL be done. This often causes her to be rather careless at times, despite how well thought out her ideas are. It is not unknown for her to go into a fight and come out slightly more banged up than she should be because she thought that allowing herself to take a few blows would lead to victory.

Biography: Shortly after turning ten, Arya's family decided to move to Ul'dah due to the decline in the Limsa Lominsa's economy. However, Arya does not remember anything from this journey- or from the first ten years of her life, for that matter. The ship that had been transporting them to land was caught in a storm, which inevitably led to the ship's destruction and sinking, though Arya and her parents survived with the help of a Sea Wolf Roegadyn, eventually making it to Ul'dah. Arya faded in and out of consciousness through the final leg of the journey, only fully waking up once the group reached Ul'dah. It was here that Arya would reveal that she had lost her memories, completely unaware of where she was- or who she was.

Arya refused to let this hold her back, however. She was eager to learn her parents' trade, putting aside the loss of her memories that, as far as she was concerned, would have simply faded away with time anyway. And learn she did- not only did her parents teach her the art of smithing, but also how to use the weapons she created. Arya also taught herself in the magical arts, although she tended to venture outside Ul'dah for that. Now, Arya has become a skilled enough smith to open her own shop, leading her to finally leave Ul'dah and head back to Limsa Lominsa to do just that- at least, that's what she's told her parents. While she does hope to one day accomplish that goal, Arya has found that she has a craving to travel the world and put some of her other skills to use...

Needless to say, when she heard there was a need for adventurers, she was eager to accept.

Extra Info: Arya carries a rapier, specifically a Scarlette (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Advance_Weapons#Scar lette), which she forged from Fire Crystals herself.

---------------

Roleplays: Final Fantasy: The Crystals Without, Final Fantasy CXIII: The Guardians of Time
RP Status: Both long dead

geddit Smith because she's a Blacksmith

Arya happened because The Crystals Without was in need of female characters and I realized I'd played very few of those before, so I decided to try and fix that.

And then things happened and I disappeared. The RP died soon afterwards.

Enter Guardians of Time, where I decided to not only reuse her since I didn't really get to do much with her before, but give her a full backstory...which never got to be executed because the RP died. I'm hoping to get a chance to use her again at some point (third time's a charm and all that), although a large part of her backstory was reliant on the plot of Guardians of Time, so that would need to be reworked when the time finally comes.

Tetsuya
09-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Name: Edgar
Appearance: Edgar stands at 5'10 and is easily identifiable by his curly blonde hair that stays in a constant state of disarray despite his best efforts. He is rarely seen without a smile and a mischievous glint in his brown eyes, but it is fairly easy to catch him out of his red armor and instead in his brown tunic that he wears underneath, exposing his slim yet well-built form- and leaving him almost defenseless should an enemy attack, a fact that Egbert is almost always quick to remind him of.
Class: Cavalier
Weapon(s): Iron Lance
Biography: Edgar grew up in an orphanage, and as such never knew his parents or if he had any true siblings. During his time in the orphanage, however, he became fast friends with Egbert, and as well as the two got along they may as well have been brothers.

However, both boys were restless and would often leave the orphanage for long periods of time, almost always getting themselves into some sort of trouble that was usually of Edgar's making, being the more hot-headed of the duo. The two would slowly begin to make a name for themselves for their mischief, the two eventually resorting to petty crimes by the time they were in there adolescent years, though they somehow managed to avoid being caught during this time...until the one time they were. It would be this incident that changed both boys lives- one day, the two spotted a seemingly defenseless old man walking along by himself, and after making sure their faces were hidden, the two attempted to mug the man, only for the man to defeat the both of them with ease, though not for lack of effort on their part. Rather than kill them or turn them over to the guards, though, the man instead declared that doing either one of these would be a waste and insisted on taking the boys in himself. Adopt them the man did, and it was then that the boys would learn that the man was Aston, a former general for House Erstil.

The first year or so following their adoption was not pleasant- both boys, Edgar especially, still had a tendency to get into trouble, and as such there were many nights when they would go without food and go to bed in pain from the multitude of tasks Aston put them up to as punishment, leading both to wonder if they should have just turned themselves into the guards that day instead. Eventually, however, the two would eventually grow to respect the man, although Edgar took a bit more time to warm up to him. The menial tasks that they dreaded doing soon turned into competitions between the two boys, and soon enough Aston was teaching them how to fight properly and how to ride. Their little competitions would slowly turn into sparring matches, and before they realized what had been happening, Aston had turned both former street urchins into soldiers in the making.

Once they were both 16, Aston insisted that they both enlist and serve House Erstil as he had. Being the adventurous type, Edgar was not particularly fond of the idea, but once he stopped to think about it, he realized that he didn't have many other options; looking back, there was very little to life on the streets, and seeking a regular job and life didn't appeal to Edgar at all. Of course, he could instead become a mercenary, but he couldn't deny that the skills that Aston had taught him and Egbert lacked a certain edge, and serving in an army would indeed be a great way to hone those skills. So begrudgingly, the boys set off to House Erstil, where they were welcome with open arms upon learning just where they had come from, though there training had been anything but warm. Regardless of that, though, Edgar came to see House Erstil as his home, and was devastated upon his failure to protect Lord Erstil and his two oldest sons, and had it not been for Egbert's intervention, he would have ignored his orders to accompany Elminster and fought and died alongside the rest of his comrades. He has since vowed revenge against those responsible, though he tries hard to not let the pain and guilt he feels show, masking it all behind his usual cheery and mischievous attitude that remains even after all these years.

---------------

Roleplay Status: Dead

Meant to be the Cain of the obligatory Cain and Abel FE archetype, though I think I may have gotten the personalities mixed up...but FE has done that on occasion, so whatever I guess. The RP died about two pages in, so I never got to do much with him and his counterpart. May give them a cameo in The Forgotten Seal just because I can.

Name: Egbert (Bert to those who are close enough to him to call him that without earning a glare)
Appearance: Standing at 5'11 with short, dark brown hair and light blue eyes, Egbert remains ever vigilant and is almost always seen in his green armor with a serious expression on his face. Like Edgar, he is well built from his time spent serving House Erastil, but chances are high that his body is far less scarred than his reckless counterpart.
Class: Cavalier
Weapon(s): Iron Sword
Biography: Like Edgar, Egbert spent the first part of his life in an orphanage, though unlike Edgar, Egbert knew that his parents had been killed by bandits that had left Egbert alive for one reason or another. Egbert is the more level headed of the duo and is quick to call Edgar out on his foolishness, though chances are he will be right behind Edgar regardless of the trouble he gets into. It wasn't always like that, however; Egbert was quite willing to go along with Edgar's schemes during their time in the orphanage, though this didn't stop him from advising caution in their actions. The one time Egbert vehemently protested was the day they attempted to mug Aston, with Egbert feeling right about attacking a seemingly defenseless old man. Edgar ran ahead of him before he could talk any sense into him, though, and so Egbert followed him in order to at least stop Edgar from going to far and killing the man. Of course, the entire plan failed, and before they knew it both were living with Aston and going through what they were later learn to be training. Not that this stopped Edgar from getting into trouble, though, but even still Egbert was there to try to help his friend, some times even taking full responsibility for Edgar's actions himself, though Aston still punished both boys.

Egbert instantly agreed to serve House Erstil when Aston suggested it, and after Edgar also hesitantly agreed, the two set off to train under Erstil's banner. The place soon became a home Egbert as he served alongside Edgar and their various comrades they would come to meet over time, even if they would often joke at Egbert's fierce devotion to those he served. None were joking when Lord Erstil and his two eldest sons were killed, however, and it was with a heavy heart that Egbert set out with Elminster in order to raise a proper army to take back what had once belonged to them, with Egbert vowing to not fail Elminster as he had his father and brothers.

---------------

Meant to be the Abel to Edgar's Cain, but again I'm pretty sure I got the personalities mixed up. Not much else to say that hasn't been said about Edgar.

Tetsuya
07-27-2015, 07:24 AM
Name: Kevin 'Vin' Hayes
Height/Size: 5'3/Medium
Weight Class: 4 (115 lbs)
Description: Vin is scrawny and borders on shortness, but he doesn't think too much of his height and is just thankful he's managed to grow as much as he has. Despite the fact that he spends a good portion of his time indoors, Vin has moderate toned skin with dark brown eyes and a head of messy moderate length black hair that he keeps mostly covered with a dark green bandana with a silver PokeBall logo in the center. His outfits vary, though you wont usually see his clothes underneath his brown work apron. The only other thing in his wardrobe that may be considered a constant would be a pair of black boots or black and silver tennis shoes.

Background
Name: Breeder in Training
+ Skills: Pokemon Edu, Intuition
- Skills: Athletics, Intimidate

Stats
Level: Exp: 0/10
Action Points: 5
Hit Points: 55/55
Injuries: 0

Base Stats
HP: 10, Atk: 5, Def: 5, SpAtk: 5, SpDef: 5, Spd: 5

Class / Edge / Feature Stats:
0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Level-Up Stats:

Total Stats:

PhyEva: 1 SpcEva 1 SpdEva 1

Abilities:

Body: 1
Acrobatics: Untrained 2d6+1, Athletics: Pathetic 1d6+1, Combat: Untrained 2d6+1, Intimidate: Pathetic 1d6+1, Stealth: Untrained 2d6+1, Survival: Untrained 2d6+1
Mind: 2
General Edu: Untrained 2d6+2, Medicine Edu: Novice 3d6+2 Occult Edu: Untrained 2d6+2, Pokémon Edu: Novice 3d6+2, Technology Edu: Untrained 2d6+2, Guile: Untrained 2d6+2, Perception: Untrained 2d6+2
Spirit: 2
Charm: Untrained 2d6+2, Command: Untrained 2d6+2, Focus: Untrained 2d6+2, Intuition: Novice 3d6+2

Capabilities
Overland: 4 Swim: 2
Power: 3 Throwing Range: 5 Jump L/H 0/1

Classes: Chef, Hatcher
Class Features: -Chef: (Prereq: Basic Cooking. Static. You Learn Salty Surprise, Spicy Wrap, Sour Candy, Dry Wafer, Bitter Treat, and Sweet Confections Recipes.)

-Hatcher: (Prereq: Breeder. Static. When an Egg that you have cared for hatches, add +1 to each of the Pokemon's Base Stats, or add +2 to different Base Stats, or add +3 to a single Base Stat)
-Birthright (Prereq: Hatcher. Static. Effect dependent on Pokemon Edu rank. Novice: You may pick the hatched Pokemon's Ability from its Basic Abilities)

Edges: Basic Skills (Medical Education), Basic Cooking (Create Candy Bars or Baby Food with cooking ingredients casting ¥50. May fluff food in any reasonable manner you like) Breeder (Give two compatible Pokemon 4 hours of time alone and make a Pokemon Education Check with a DC of 12. If successful, the Pokemon are guaranteed to produce an egg if you give them an additional 4 hours)
General Features:

Moves: Struggle - At-Will - 4 - Normal - 1d8+6 +5 - Melee, 1 Target - Doesn't Apply STAB - N/a

Equipment and Inventory
Head:
Body:
Main Hand:
Off-Hand:
Feet:
Accessory:

Items:
-Cooking Set (¥1000)
-Sleeping Bag (Single, ¥1000)
-Bandages (¥300)
-Water Filter (¥500)
-Potion (x4, ¥800)
-Enriched Water (x2, ¥150)
-¥1250 leftover

Notes:

Bio: Kevin, or Vin as he prefers to be called as he thinks his name sounds too plain otherwise, comes from a long line of Pokemon Breeders, his mother being a Breeder and his father being a Capture Specialist. As such, most of his life has been spent around Pokemon. Over time, his interest in the creatures would grow and gradually begin gravitating towards Pokemon breeding, much to his mother's delight. Of course, his interests didn't stop there- Vin wasn't content with simply becoming a Breeder- no, he wanted to surpass his mother and those who had come before her and become one of- no, THE best Breeder out there. All he needed was an opportunity to leave home and go out on his own- after all, you can't become the best if you sit at home all day.

Vin would eventually get his chance, in the form of the disease epidemic that hit Puce Village. His father, an acquaintance of Professor Hawthorn's, had been planning to assist in investigating this phenomenon, but for whatever reason decided to allow Vin to go in his place. Vin didn't need to be told twice, and he eagerly agreed without a second thought, accepting the Pokemon that Professor Hawthorn offered him. However, Magby would not be his only companion- his mother had been breeding Swablu for someone, and one of them had become quite fond of Vin and insisted on going with him. Vin was hesitant at first, but he eventually gave in, seeing that he wouldn't be winning this argument and allowed her to come with him.

Personality: Most of Vin's entire life has been devoted to Pokemon, and as such he prefers the presence of Pokemon rather than people, even remaining indoors to study the creatures rather than go out and interact with other people- a fact that drives his father crazy. However, this doesn't mean that Vin avoids people entirely; he makes sure to make himself known frequently within groups, though if he gets distracted then he may only speak when spoken to, though even this may prove difficult.

Vin has also picked up a trait over the years that worries both his parents- he believes that any Pokemon caught in the wild are vastly inferior to those who are bred by professional breeders, which is likely why he prefers to stay indoors rather than go out and actually interact with Pokemon in their natural environment. His father has made attempts to squash this attitude of his, but due to his line of work frequently taking him far from home, he hasn't been very successful, and as such Vin continues to look down upon regular caught Pokemon to this day.

Name: Magnus
Species: Magby
Type: Fire
Level: 5
EXP: 0 / 40
Held Item:
Loyalty: 2
Nature: Quiet (+SpAtk, -Spd)
Abilities: Flame Body
Height / Size: 2'04/0.7 m (Small)
Weight Class: 47.2 lbs/ 21.4 kg (2)

Capabilities: Power 3, Intelligence 3, Egg Warmer, Underdog, Firestarter

Skills: Athl 2d6+1, Acro 2d6, Combat 1d6+1, Stealth 1d6, Percep 2d6, Focus 2d6

Hit Points: 40/40
Base Stats
HP: 5, Atk: 8, Def: 4, SpAtk: 9, SpDef: 6, Spd: 6

Trainer Feature / Edge / Bonus Stats:
0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Level-Up Stats:
0, 4, 1, 7, 2, 0

Total Stats:
6, 12, 4, 17, 8, 6

PhyEva:1 : SpcEva:1 SpdEva:1
Injuries: __________

PokéEdge / Tutor Item and Cost

Remaining Tutor Points: 2

Inheritance Moves: Move - Freq - Ac - Type - Damage Roll/Type - Range - Special Effect - Contest Effect

Thunder Punch - At-Will - 2 - Electric - Damage Base 8: 2d9+10 / 19 +12 - Melee, 1 Target - Paralyzes target on 19+ - Cool, Exhausting Act

Focus Energy - At-Will - None - Normal - Status - Self - User becomes Pumped. While Pumped, user's critical range is extended by 3, or 17-20 if critical range is not otherwise extended. Being switched causes effect to end - Cool, Get Ready!

Screech - EOT - 4 - Normal - Status - Burst 2, Friendly, Sonic - All targets have their Defense lowered by 2 Combat Stages - Smart, Unsettling

Vitamins: _____________________________

Beauty: ____, Cool: ____, Cute: ____, Smart: ____, Tough: ____
Poffins: ______________________________

Moves: Move - Freq - Ac - Type - Damage Roll/Type - Range - Special Effect - Contest Effect

Struggle - At-Will - 4 - Normal - 1d8+6 +5 - Melee, 1 Target - Doesn't Apply STAB - N/a

Smog - At-Will - 7 -Poison - Damage Base 3: 1d6+5 / 9 +17, Special - Line 2 - Poisons target on even numbered roll - Tough, Steady Performance

Leer - At-Will - 2 - Normal - Status - Cone 2, Friendly - Target's Defense is lowered 1 Combat Stage - Cool, Excitement

Ember - At-Will - 2 - Fire - Damage Base 6: 2d8+ 6 / 11 +17, Special- 4, 1 target - Grants Firestarter - Beauty, Exhausting Act

Name: Blu
Species: Swablu
Type: Normal/Flying
Level: 5
EXP: 0 / 40
Held Item:
Loyalty: 2
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
Abilities: Natural Cure
Height / Size: 1'4/0.4m (Small)
Weight Class: 2.6 lbs/1.2kg (1)

Capabilities: Overland 2, Swim 1, Sky 5, Jump 1/1, Power 1, Intelligence 3, Guster, Underdog

Skills: Athl 2d6+1, Acro 3d6, Combat 1d6, Stealth 3d6+1, Percep 2d6+1, Focus 2d6+1

Hit Points: 30/30
Base Stats
HP: 5, Atk: 6, Def: 6, SpAtk: 2, SpDef: 8, Spd: 5

Trainer Feature / Edge / Bonus Stats:
0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Level-Up Stats:
2, 2, 4, 1, 5, 1

Total Stats:
7, 8, 10, 3, 13, 6

PhyEva:2 : SpcEva:2 SpdEva:1
Injuries: __________

PokéEdge / Tutor Item and Cost

Remaining Tutor Points: 2

Inheritance Moves: Move - Freq - Ac - Type - Damage Roll/Type - Range - Special Effect - Contest Effect

Steel Wing - At-Will - 3 - Steel - Physical, Damage Base 7: 2d6+10 / 17 +8 - Melee, 1 Target, Pass, Spirit Surge - Raise User's Defense 1 Combat Stage on +15 - Cool, Steady Performance

Roost - Daily x2 - None - Flying - Status - Self - User regains Hit Points equal to half of its full Hit Points. If user is Flying Type, it loses Flying type until the start of their next turn - Cool, Safe Option
Vitamins: _____________________________

Beauty: ____, Cool: ____, Cute: ____, Smart: ____, Tough: ____
Poffins: ______________________________

Moves: Move - Freq - Ac - Type - Damage Roll/Type - Range - Special Effect - Contest Effect

Struggle - At-Will - 4 - Normal - 1d8+6 +5 - Melee, 1 Target - Doesn't Apply STAB - N/a

Astonish- At-Will- 2 - Ghost - Physical, Damage Base 3: 1d6+ 5 / 9 +8 - Melee, 1 Target - Flinches the target on 15+. Once per scene, if target is unaware of user's presence, Astonish flinches target automatically.

Peck - At-Will - 2 - Flying - Physical, Damage Base 6: 2d8+ 6 / 11 +8 - Melee, 1 Target - None - Cool, Steady Performance

Growl - At-Will - 2 - Normal - Status - Burst 1, Friendly, Sonic - Lowers all legal targets 1 Attack Combat Stage - Cute, Excitement

---------------
Roleplay Status: Never heard anything else about it, so I guess dead

Vin was planned to be an in-universe take on the thought that Pokemon who are bred are far superior to anything caught in the wild. In the main series Pokemon game, each Pokemon is assigned an Individual Value, or IV, rangng from 0-31 for each of its stats. While it's possible to catch a Pokemon with high IVs, it's not particularly easy unless you use some sort of cheating device (which would be very, very bad), which is where breeding comes in as it's a bit easier to control there and thus leading to the ever popular belief mentioned before. I decided that there had to have been some people in-universe who feel the same way, and thus Vin happened. He was also made to be more of a support character than my usual tanks or jacks of all trades.

Unfortunately, lack of interest prevented the RP from going anywhere (it was a Pokemon Tabletop United game, so using a relatively unknown tabletop system will do that), so I never really got to use Vin. Fortunately, it should be relatively simple to rework him for another Pokemon RP at some point, so he probably has the best chance out of all of my characters who were unfortunate enough to be in an RP that died of coming back at some point.

Tetsuya
07-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Name: Isaac

Appearance: Isaac stands at 5'5 and weighs around 135 lbs, with a mostly fit body gained from his constant travel. He has wavy dark brown hair and light blue eyes, and his skin is lightly tanned from a recent large amount of sun exposure. He tends to favor moderately light clothing, usually a light brown t-shirt under a dark blue hoodie if the weather allows for it and jeans and sneakers, though he also has a pair of black boots for rougher terrain. He also carries a large hat made from leaves and silk made for him by his Leavanny to shield him from Hoenn's more tropical weather.

Personality: Isaac is a mostly pleasant person to be around, kind and willing to help out anyone who might need assistance and generally talkative. That being said, if anyone gets him talking about the many things he's experienced on his journey then they may find they have difficulty getting him to stop talking. He can also be a bit reckless, making seemingly rash decisions for the sake of trying something new and stubbornly not listening to any warnings. He will only stop to reconsider a decision if his actions would put his Pokemon in serious danger, as he cares for them greatly and will do just about anything to protect them. This also extends to the battlefield; even though he still loves to battle and will gladly take any challenge that seems feasible, he has gotten far better at picking and choosing his battles.

Bio: Isaac was born in Unova's Castelia City. Both his parents are office workers, so Isaac didn't get to see much of them growing up. They spent as much time as possible with Isaac, but not wanting Isaac to grow lonely they got him his first Pokemon- a Lillipup which he named Blue. Their timing was good, as like many children Isaac was slowly becoming interested in Pokemon battles. Unfortunately, this ended up not working out particularly well. Isaac lost almost every single Pokemon battle he was in, which led to him becoming more aggressive towards the Pokemon. This eventually lead to Isaac losing a battle to a member of Team Plasma and having Blue stolen, leaving Isaac furious with himself as he realized the true problem was himself, as he was Blue's Trainer- he had been giving the orders, and he had admittedly made little effort to help her become stronger, instead expecting her to be strong enough right off the bat. Months went by, and Isaac slowly began to lose hope of ever getting his Pokemon back, although after the way he'd treated Blue he doubted she would even want to come back even if she was found. However, not long after news of Team Plasma's defeat got out, Isaac found a note and a single Poke Ball in his family's mailbox one day, the note encouraging him to go out into the world in order to see what it had to offer and the Poke Ball containing his Lillipup. Isaac set out to do as the note said the very next day and spent over a year traveling around Unova, capturing a few more Pokemon and training their physical strength as well as his own. He wasn't content with just becoming stronger, though, as he knew that that alone wouldn't be enough. Instead, during his journey he sought to grow closer to his Pokemon and to enjoy life and to experience as much as possible. It was this goal that lead him to Hoenn once news of Ho-oh and Lugia got out; having explored most of Unova by this point, the call to explore another region was already enticing, but the possibility of meeting legendary Pokemon was far too much for Isaac to pass up.

Pokemon:
-Herdier (Blue, ♀)
-Crobat (Kite, ♂)
-Leavanny (Leah, ♀)
-Eevee (Aria, ♀)
-Riolu (Sig, ♂)

Pokémon Move List:
-Herdier (Blue): Crunch, Roar, Retaliate, Work Up
-Crobat (Kite): Wing Attack, Acrobatics, Confuse Ray, Cross Poison
-Leavanny (Leah): Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Protect
-Eevee (Aria): Tackle, Sand Attack, Swift, Quick Attack
-Riolu (Sig): Quick Attack, Endure, Force Palm, Copycat

Home Region: Unova

Other: Blue is always outside of her Poke Ball. Aria and Sig are recent additions to his team, having been captured not long before Isaac left for Hoenn.

---------------

I had ideas for two other characters for this RP, but I decided against them due to their nature and the small amount of characters (three excluding Isaac), so I put them aside with the intention of reworking them into one single character and made Isaac instead. Truthfully I wasn't even sure I was going to use him since I honestly didn't have much for him at first, but as I typed up his CS more and more ideas came into my head and now I'm looking forward to the executing my ideas for Isaac later on...assuming the RP stays alive, anyway, which it hopefully will. Maybe in some other RP.

Tetsuya
12-13-2015, 09:59 PM
Name: Maxwell Cedric Carlisle Bravleolin II, or Max the Magician, or Max

Level 1

Race: Human

Class: Magus (20 levels)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Ability Scores:
*=+2 added for racial trait

Strength - 14 (+2)
Dexterity - 14 (+2)
Constitution - 12 (+1)
Intelligence - 16 (+3)
Wisdom - 13 (+1)
Charisma - 13 (+1*)

Cantrips: A magus can prepare a number of cantrips, or 0-level spells, each day, as noted on Table: Magus under “Spells per Day.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again.

Arcane Pool: At 1st level, the magus gains a reservoir of mystical arcane energy that he can draw upon to fuel his powers and enhance his weapon. This arcane pool has a number of points equal to 1/2 his magus level (minimum 1) + his Intelligence modifier. The pool refreshes once per day when the magus prepares his spells.

At 1st level, a magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant any weapon he is holding a +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute. For every four levels beyond 1st, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +5 at 17th level. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon enhancement to a maximum of +5. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves.

At 5th level, these bonuses can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: dancing, flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst, speed, or vorpal.

Adding these properties consumes an amount of bonus equal to the property’s base price modifier. These properties are added to any the weapon already has, but duplicates do not stack. If the weapon is not magical, at least a +1 enhancement bonus must be added before any other properties can be added. These bonuses and properties are decided when the arcane pool point is spent and cannot be changed until the next time the magus uses this ability. These bonuses do not function if the weapon is wielded by anyone other than the magus.

A magus can only enhance one weapon in this way at one time. If he uses this ability again, the first use immediately ends.

Spell Combat: At 1st level, a magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If he casts this spell defensively, he can decide to take an additional penalty on his attack rolls, up to his Intelligence bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on his concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A magus can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if he has more than one attack, he cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks.

2 + Int Modifier (3) = 5
Acrobatics: 0 (2)
Appraise: 0 (3)
Bluff: 0 (1)
Climb: 1 (6)
Craft: 1 (7)
Diplomacy: 0 (1)
Disable device: 0 (2)
Disguise: 0 (1)
Escape artist: 0 (2)
Fly: 0 (2)
Handle animal: 0 (1)
Heal: 0 (1)
Intimidate: 0 (1)
Knowledge (Arcana): 1 (7)
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 0 (3)
Knowledge (Engineering): 0 (3)
Knowledge (Geography): 0 (3)
Knowledge (History): 0 (3)
Knowledge (Local): 0 (3)
Knowledge (Nature): 0 (3)
Knowledge (Nobility): 0 (3)
Knowledge (Planes): 0 (3)
Knowledge (Religion): 0 (3)
Linguistics: 0 (3)
Perception: 0 (1)
Preform: 0 (1)
Profession: 1 (5)
Ride: 0 (2)
Sense motive: 0 (1)
Slight of hand: 0 (2)
Spellcraft: 1 (7)
Stealth: 0 (2)
Survival: 0 (1)
Swim: 0 (2)
Use magic device: 0 (1)

Feats:

Persuasive: You get a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.
Lightning Reflexes: +2 bonus on all Reflex saving throws

"Max the Magician", or Max to his friends and comrades, is a traveling (what else) magician, making a small living by putting on displays of his magical abilities to entertain the masses. When that isn't enough for him to get by on, he takes on the occasional odd mercenary job, much like a certain job dealing with bandits that has recently come up.

But there is much more to Max than meets the eye. Max was born Maxwell Cedric Carlisle Bravleolin II, the first and only son and second and last child of the Bravleolin family, a family that wasn't necessarily nobility, but they were a very well off, highly devout military family. It was tradition to train their sons to be soldiers in the service of the most illustrious army they could possibly join and their daughters to be paladins of Gerana, and as such Max and his older sister Alexandria spent much of their childhood being taught all of the necessary skills to accomplish these goals...or at least, they were supposed to. Much to the chagrin of the family, Max was far from cooperative and often escaped from the estate to the nearby village to cause various kinds of mischief, ranging from pulling pranks to small theft to getting into scuffles with the local children. Alexandria, while far more cooperative than her brother, would accompany him on occasion, which was about the only comfort his family had when he would sneak out since Max never did anything too terrible while Alexandria was around...if only because she was often the one to stop him. Despite all the yelling and beatings he took from these actions, Max looks back at this part of his life fondly.

That time would end when Alexandria turned ten and was sent off to a church far away to begin her paladin training. This drove the then eight year old Max to act out further, especially when the guard was increased in a mostly successful attempt to keep Max from running off to the village. This only intensified his home escapades, and during the next two years Max's antics would create a large divide between Max and his very strict parents, especially his father. Once Max had turned ten his own training began, though unlike Alexandria he was not sent off; that time would come when he turned fifteen and was old enough to join the military.

The next five years would be the most formative for Max. In addition to his lessons which he would continue to avoid where possible, he would also endure harsh physical training and long sermons on Gerana and the accompanying religion, something Max already resented as that and his family's stupid traditions were the reasons for Alexandria no longer being there with him. This didn't stop him from pulling pranks and still managing to sneak out on rare occasions, and it was on one of those adventures that he would discover another interest- magic. A traveling peddler was in town that day, and one of the things he was selling was a book of very simple spells. Only the females of the Bravleolin family were allowed to learn magic, so the curious and ever defiant Max decided to purchase the book. His harsh lessons continued through the next days, but by night he poured over that spellbook and gradually began to gain a grasp on its teachings. Naturally, he just had to show off his new found powers and eventually began incorporating magic into his pranks. It wasn't long before Max's parents figured out what he was doing, and they were livid at his disobedience.

"A Bravleolin does not need to succumb to trickery!" "To use magic in such a manner is to succumb to weakness!" "Where is your honor, boy?"

On and on the rants and the insults went. This didn't stop Max from using magic; no, it only accomplished the opposite and made him learn more of it, crave more of it. By this point Alexandria had begun to send letters, but even when she said that she was approaching the end of her paladin training and would be allowed to come home Max found his patience with his parents and their damned traditions growing thin. Finally, just days before Alexandria was to return home it all came to a boiling point. Max argued with his parents so often that he no longer remembers what exactly set him off that day, but he does remember saying one thing in particular to his father in a blind rage:

"If you want glory in battle so badly, why don't you find a battlefield and die on it!"

After that, Max stormed out of the house and off the estate, beyond even the village. He was done. He could take no more of his family, no more of the sheer arrogance. He had never been any farther than the small village near the estate in his life and he was about to find out what exactly lie beyond. He would also soon learn that his last words to his father would truly be the last ones he ever spoke to him. Max had nearly used up all of his remaining money when he heard that the Bravleolin estate and the village had not just been attacked, but had been utterly destroyed, and there were no survivors. Max suddenly found his earlier feelings of disdain replaced by feelings of terror and sickness as he rushed back to the place he had called home, all the while ridiculing himself for believing such wild rumors. His family was made up of highly trained soldiers, surely they couldn't be defeated so easily, let alone killed? And the village- his family would have protected it as well, so while there may have been some injuries here and there and some damage may have been done, surely it wasn't anything terrible?

But not only was it true, it was far worse than Max had imagined. Max didn't just find smoldering ruins of houses, but he found what few bodies were not burned beyond recognition were rotting and being picked at by various birds and vermin, many of them hanging from trees or what remained of whatever buildings were not burned. Max felt numb as he approached his home, still clinging on to the small hope that everything would be okay only for that one light to be snuffed out as he saw his old home in complete ruins as well, accompanied by heads skewered on spears. Exactly whose heads he didn't see; he didn't dare get close enough to find out. Instead he vomited and collapsed into a crying heap when he was done, his final words to his father repeating themselves over and over again in his head.

He wasn't sure when he finally got up and walked away and back into the wilderness, nor was he sure how long or how far he had walked when he finally ran into a traveling band of performers. In the end he took up with them and joined them in their travels and work, using his magic to aid in their work and earn a living. Over time he came to be more like his old self, his hatred of arrogance that, ironically, made him seem more arrogant himself the older he got coming back in full force, though his experiences out in the world made him slightly more understanding. He also returned to his magical studies with the help of the other magic using members of the troupe, using a combination of his powers and his love for trickery and mischief to develop what his comrades noted to be a rather sadistic fighting style of luring his opponents into a false sense of security or sometimes outright victory only to quickly take that away from them and almost too vigorously cut them down as they realized far too late what had happened.

Not long after he turned 21 he left the troupe and set out to perform and search for even the slightest clue of the identity of those who destroyed his home on his own and for the power necessary to destroy them, a search he continues all these years later.

Equipment:
-Longsword
-Dagger
-Studded Leather armor
-Patchwork Cloak

-Waterskin
-Compass

93 gp

Spells:
0-Level Magus Spells
-Acid Splash
-Arcane Mark
-Dancing Lights
-Daze
-Detect Magic
-Disrupt Undead
-Flare
-Ghost Sound
-Light
-Mage Hand
-Open/Close
-Prestidigitation
-Ray of Frost
-Read Magic
-Spark

1st-Level Magus Spells
-Vanish
-Blurred Movement
-Silent Image
-Darting Duplicate
-Blade Lash
-Shocking Grasp

Other: In addition to Common, speaks Elven, Draconic, and Undercommon

---------------

Roleplay Status: Apparently dead

I have very little experience with tabletop type things and I know next to nothing about Pathfinder, but I do know that the Magus class sounded cool and it isn't in D&D (as far as I'm aware, anyway), so I decided to go with this particular class rather than my other two possibilities (ranger or monk). The RP just started so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to be doing with him yet, but hopefully there will be plenty of time to figure that out.

Tetsuya
05-15-2016, 12:25 AM
Name: Dezz Lowborn

Job: Soldier

Skillset: As a soldier, Dezz is trained in the art of several weapons, though he favors the classic sword and shield style of combat and is also rather proficient with a bow. Having lived on the streets for most of his life he can also be sneaky, something he uses to his advantage from time to time when the situation calls for it.

Training Motivation: As he hopes to climb through the ranks as quickly as possible, Dezz trains every single day, usually taking time to hone his skill with a blade but he is sure to put some time aside for other areas as well. He also keeps a very close eye on the political activities within the city, something that he hears quite a bit of as a soldier, though he sometimes wonders if it's enough.

Birthplace: Dezz is unsure of where his exact birthplace is, but his earliest memories are of living in the slums of the capital city.

Social class: Dezz comes from a lower class background, but as a soldier is now in the limbo between the lower and middle classes.

What's your characters story: Dezz lived in the slums of the capital with his parents, and that along with what his parents called him thus supposedly making that his name is all he remembers from his early years. It was at the very young age of four when his parents simply disappeared; whether they abandoned him or met with an unfortunate fate somewhere, Dezz doesn't know. After a few days alone hunger began to take its toll on Dezz, prompting him to leave home in search of food. He didn't get far before he was stopped- not by guards, but by another boy who was a bit older than him. Finding it odd for a child as young as Dezz to be wandering about, the other boy asked where Dezz lived and offered to take him home. When Dezz refused and explained his situation in the roundabout manner of a small child, the boy instead decided to take Dezz to his own home instead.

This "home" turned out to be on the streets, living among a group of orphaned and homeless children. And so Dezz lived with them and grew up with them, never giving his parents much thought over the years as he had no time to dwell on them- he had to focus on surviving. He had quite a bit of fun for the first decade or so, but soon cruel reality began to take hold and Dezz slowly started to become aware of the gravity of not just his situation, but of the political atmosphere of the city. Despite the king's efforts, the higher class still treated commoners such as Dezz like dirt, and their adopting of a commoner boy didn't help on that front much. His peers even mocked the idea, claiming that it was all a move to gain favor with the commoners and that the king had no real intentions of changing anything, and even if he did the other nobles wouldn't allow it. This was hardly the only harsh opinion they held about the situation, either. Dezz would often hear them mocking not just the king and the nobles, but the soldiers that served them as well.

Which was why they laughed at Dezz when he casually suggested enlisting one night.

Over time, the group's situation worsened. Many of them died of disease. Others were killed, too weak from hunger to fight in the streets. Several simply left, striking out on their own and leaving the city entirely in hopes of finding a better life. And still more of them, usually the older ones, would end up executed for committing crimes of various degrees against nobles in the city. It was rough, but those that remained refused to do two things- go to an orphanage or join the military. Both would put an end to their freedom, and the military would simply be helping the very people that led many of them to be in this situation in the first place.

Eventually, Dezz had had enough. Despite what his friends said, he saw only one way to fix this- join the military and work his way up through the ranks and enforce change from there. Dezz was 14 on the morning he woke up and left their hideout to become a soldier and was given the last name Lowborn upon signing up, but by this time none of his friends remained; all were either dead or otherwise gone. He kept them in mind in the following years, hoping that his efforts would one day pay off and he would prevent further cases from happening again.

However, time will tell if that was truly the best path to take...

Character Description: Standing at an average 5'7 with brown eyes and auburn, short cut hair and the fit build one would expect of a soldier, Dezz's initial appearance isn't especially noteworthy. He isn't usually seen out of his armor, and on the rare occasion when he is he keeps his outfits fairly simple, usually a simple tunic and boots and maybe a grey cloak for the winter months. At this point in time, his body has the occasional bruise and a small scar across his left hand from an accident with a knife during his time on the streets, but otherwise he so far he remains unscathed.

---------------

Roleplay Status: Active

I wanted to bring back Brand since this particular RP is a remake/reboot/whatever of the RP he was originally made for, but he didn't seem to really fit with the overall theme of this particular version so I made another character who did. Will he reach his full potential? Only time will tell.