PDA

View Full Version : [M]The League.

Ace of Hearts™
08-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Rated M for intense violence, graphic violence, graphic language, and graphic displays of Ass Kickery.

"You really want to dress up in a costume and fight hard asses? Your funeral."-Every apathetic person ever.

With the downfall of Frank D'Amico at the hands of Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass, New York was at peace for a short time. Drugs were of the streets and the crooks either killed or, well, lets face it, they were just killed. The exploits of Kick-Ass have left a mark on society, bringing forth a new band of heroes to fight for those who cannot fight for themselves across the country. But peace would not last. D'Amico's son, Chris, otherwise known as 'Red Mist' plots and schemes against Kick-Ass and the city that took away his Father. Drugs were on the street like gum on sidewalks. People were mugged and beaten for no reason, in order to draw Kick-Ass out of retirement. He did not.

The fate of the city rested in the gutters, until, one lone man decided that he would follow his hero's footsteps, and become a costumed hero. He could not do this alone, tackling the biggest crime lord in the city's son was no small task. He could do nothing but wait for his hope to come into reality. And so it did, as many new heroes arose out the basements and into the streets, donned in spandex and capes, they fought crime to no end. The banded together and formed the The League, a team determined to bring down Red Mist's empire, and save the city they loved, at least for a short time, until the next threat rears it's head. But not everyone wishes to be heroes. Some take up arms with Red Mist. They are The Covenant. They are the sworn enemies of The League and will stop at nothing to protect Red Mist.

This is the The League and The Covenant, as they became the men and women they are today. These are their stories, the humble beginnings to the intensified end. They can't fly, they can't see through walls, and they can read your mind, but they can Kick. Your. Ass.

The League hasn't formed yet, we are all still nobodies with high aspirations to save the city from certain doom by the hands of Red Mist and his crooks.

Gotta have a theme song to The League! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9yfMW1y4o&feature=related)

Name:

Alias: (Your 'Superhero' name)

Appearance:

Costume: (Picture or description)

Equipment: (Nothing Lethel...yet.)

Skills: (Are you acrobatic? Good with tech? know any form of martial arts?)

M.O.: (How people know you were there)

Personality:

Bio: (Please say why you decided to begin to fight crime, be it seeing one take place, or murdered parents of whatever, along with basic bio stuff.)

I'm hoping to have at least 7. Four (including me) for The League, 4 for The Covenant.

Rules:
What I say goes.
Follow all RPA rules.
You can co-op post, and are encouraged to.
If a League member and a Covenant member meet and deiced to duke it out, it must be in a co-op post, as to make it fair.
We aren't Superman, you person can't be a very skilled fighter.
Two paragraph minimum.
You feel like being a prick and you're out.
Have fun kicking ass!

The Cast:

Psycho C :The Avenger.

Dr. Dream
08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Name: Joshawa Schultz

Alias: The Avenger

Appearance: http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/5500000/SODAPOP-CURTIS-the-outsiders-5590591-362-529.jpg

Costume: Upper Body (http://www.reallyleather.com/image_manager/attributes/image/image_98/1097192724_4240041503.jpg)
Lower Body (http://www.bikersden.com/public/ProductImages/2211/Image1.jpg)
Gloves (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2005_Olympia_340_Vented_Kevlar_Protector_Glove_Bla ck.jpg)
Shoes (http://images.sneakernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/10942-627092-3.jpg)
Ski Mask (http://www.ehatmania.com/images/ski/face/WNFM009.jpg)

Equipment: Baseball Bat

Personality: Joshawa is a nice guy when you get to know him, he may come off as a meany bo-beanie when you first meet him. He does not get angry often but when he does, he really gets angry.

Bio: Joshawa lived a normal life, going to school on the weekdays, hanging out with friends of the weekends, virtually never getting into trouble. School was always boring to him, but he did well in it always getting B's in fact, he has never gotten an A, never gotten a C, never gotten a D or F, always B's. Josh always was interested in Biking and when he was 16 he was given a Dirt Bike for his birthday and when he got it he went out to his Uncles Farm for the Summer. When he was out there he rode his Bike every day, he got many injuries but all of them minor, at the end of the Summer he had mastered it. Once he returned home he had to go back to School, but luckily it was his final year.

Later on in the year he was walking his dog after School, while walking the dog it ran off, Josh chased it down but realized that he was not in such a safe part of town. Once he started to walk back he was approached by a mugger. The mugger told Josh to give him all his money but unfortunately Josh had no money on him. When the Mugger found this out he got pissed off and attacked Josh, and his dog, the mugger killed his dog in the process. Once Josh recovered his dog's dead body was in front of him it, he started to cry once he saw it. That dog was his best friend. Once Josh got back home he vowed to take revenge on the bastard who killed his dog, and to all the other scum in the city!

Ace of Hearts™
08-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Could you expand on the Bio a bit, the dog should have been killed for him to go on a rampage against crime like that. Maybe, since he wears a lot of Motorcycle armor, he could be called The Cyclist! Switchblade is a little borderline. The only thing I think you should change is the weapon, he seems like a strong fellow, he could use fists for the time being. Everything else is optional.

Dr. Dream
08-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Could you expand on the Bio a bit, the dog should have been killed for him to go on a rampage against crime like that. Maybe, since he wears a lot of Motorcycle armor, he could be called The Cyclist! Switchblade is a little borderline. The only thing I think you should change is the weapon, he seems like a strong fellow, he could use fists for the time being. Everything else is optional. His dog did die. I guess I forgot to add that. :P. And the Cyclist sounds so..... well..... weird.

Ace of Hearts™
08-19-2010, 02:26 PM
His dog did die. I guess I forgot to add that. :P. And the Cyclist sounds so..... well..... weird.
But The Avenger sounds kinda generic, ya know? Again, these are just suggestions, and you are not obligated to do anything. 'Cept for the Switchblade.

Dr. Dream
08-19-2010, 02:30 PM
But The Avenger sounds kinda generic, ya know? Again, these are just suggestions, and you are not obligated to do anything. 'Cept for the Switchblade. Yeah, can I have an X-Acto Knife (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Acto)?

Ace of Hearts™
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Nothing that could kill a man. I know a lot of things can, pipes, 2x4's, but nothing that obvious. Try a bat or something.

Dr. Dream
08-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Nothing that could kill a man. I know a lot of things can, pipes, 2x4's, but nothing that obvious. Try a bat or something.KK I made it a bat.

Ace of Hearts™
08-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Bladed weapons are just too lethal right now. Wait until we get into the real shit.

Dr. Dream
08-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Bladed weapons are just too lethal right now. Wait until we get into the real shit. K. Later on I want a Steel Bat with Nine Inch Nails in it. lol.

EDIT: I hope some more people join, this RP has so much potential.

Ace of Hearts™
08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Name: Marty Matthews.

Alias: The Silver Shadow.

Appearance: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v311/64/76/26717756196/n26717756196_1220449_810.jpg

Costume:http://www.costumesofnashua.com/CNWebSite105/Active905/Pages/CostumeRental/Celebrities/PicCelebrities/CelebrT7901.jpghttp://www.fastfancydress.co.uk/templates/imagedirectory/zorro%20mask%20lg.jpg

Equipment: Brass Knuckles. Spray paint.

Skills: Knows how to handle himself in one on one fights, but gang fights between him never work into his favor.

M.O.: Silver Shadow prefers to work a night, hence the 'Shadow' part of his name. The walls will have The Silver Shadow written upon them, with criminals blinded by spray paint in the eyes.

Personality: Marty loved to help people, he just helps them in the wrong way. He'll save a womens purse, but ask for a five dollar reward or some TicTacs or something. When he can, he is hard on criminals, unless their bigger than him, which most of the time they are.

Bio: Marty was your average teen, he went to school, went home, ate and went to bed, only to repeat the process over and over again. He was a machine it felt like. He'd only read a few comic books in his life, and was never a fan of many of them. He was beaten up a lot in school, so he learned how to fight back, at least to hold his ground, and show them he wouldn't be pushed around so easily. The Kick Ass storm swept though his school and back out, with even the jock wanting to be him.

Once he graduated, he took a photographers job at the Newspaper, trying to earn money. One night, while taking photos of a parade, he heard a woman being mugged in an alley. When he went over, he saw that she had been physically and sexually assaulted. He ran over to help her, throwing his camera at the man. He stumbled, but tackled Marty to the ground. They had a fairly one sided fight, with the man knocking Marty out cold. The last thing he saw was the the man fleeing, paying no more attention to the women.

When he came to, he saw the women propped up on a wall, when he stumbled to her, she whispered 'Thank you' with a smile on her face. She fell into a stress slumber, having already called the cops. Marty heard the sirens and began to book it. As he was running, he felt a strange sense of accomplishment, while feeling a little cheated at the same time. When he got home, he found his Father's old Rock Band outfit, and a zorro mask. He put these on. It was then The Silver Shadow was born...

Dr. Dream
08-20-2010, 05:02 AM
More people need to join. Or C will be angry.

Ace of Hearts™
08-20-2010, 05:05 AM
Well, I don't need 7, I could cut The Covenant and just make it The League. If interest doesn't pick, I'll have this closed and switch to my Monster Hunters idea.

Dr. Dream
08-20-2010, 05:06 AM
Well, I don't need 7, I could cut The Covenant and just make it The League. If interest doesn't pick, I'll have this closed and switch to my Monster Hunters idea.
!!!! OPE DAT DUN APPEN!!

Ainina
08-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Holy shit, a Kick-Ass roleplay? Seriously?

I have GOT to try this. I've loved Kick-Ass ever since my friends dragged me to watch it in theaters. I've already got a character in mind, I just need to smooth out a few traits and work out her profile.

Ace of Hearts™
08-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Yes, but don't expect to see Kick Ass. Speaking of which...*Goes to watch on PlayStation*

Dr. Dream
08-20-2010, 07:31 PM
*Goes to watch on PlayStation*
Pshh.... 360 is better...

Anyways sorry for my such... nooby responses.

Ace of Hearts™
08-21-2010, 04:59 AM
Maybe, if all goes well, I use my poor art skills and truly write a comic book based on the League, and get sued for copyright infringement.

Dr. Dream
08-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Maybe, if all goes well, I use my poor art skills and truly write a comic book based on the League, and get sued for copyright infringement.
Pshh... Suing, its so fucking overrated, I miss the good ol' days when you just got people whacked!

mcstringer
08-24-2010, 03:31 AM
All I've got to say is...... mmmaaayybe. *looks about in his towel cape and bandana mask*

Monster Hunter idea?

Ainina
08-24-2010, 04:59 AM
Sorry to keep you hanging, but I finally have a character. I experimented a lot with Penelope so if you think something about her is too weird, I can change it. Since the profile came out pretty long, I had to hide it too.

Name: Penelope Wong
Alias: Crown (Crown is very androgynous and it's hard to tell which gender they are, so they're referred to with gender-neutral terms.)

Appearance: Penelope Wong (http://asianhairdye.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/asianhairdye09.jpg) is a young lady with clear Asian features: almond shaped brown eyes and dark hair. As a young girl, she used to wear her hair long but she now prefers shorter, trendier styles. Her body is willowy but flat-chested which makes it easier for her to masquerade as a boy. Penelope is far from a tomboy though. She likes to dress in a feminine manner with skirts, dresses and heels.

Costume: Penelope isn't a huge comic geek but she's seen enough movies to know that female vigilantes can't really be taken seriously. Her alias and costume are gender-neutral for that reason.

Instead of a traditional mask, Crown hides their true identity by wrapping a gold scarf around their face. With a formal white shirt layered under a black vest, the entire outfit makes Crown look very regal.

Penelope didn't forget to give her alter-ego's costume some practicality either. Crown's black cargo pants are easy to move in and have tons of pockets for their gear. Their gold hairband not only looks like a crown, but it keeps Crown's hair out of their face. Finally, a pair of steel-toed boots finishes off the entire outfit.

Equipment: Crown's weapon of choice is trusty old Guì zú, an old golf club. When Penelope's father noticed his favorite 7-wood was losing paint, he quickly dumped the old thing in the attic and forgot it. Penelope found it while hunting around the Wong estate and took it as her own. She didn't forget all the stories of Guì zú whacking golf balls across the green, even if her father did.

Other things Crown never leaves the house without are a pencil and a pad of sticky notes. Odd, but it's how Penelope marks her deeds and communicates without giving away her gender. Crown also carries a cellphone and a can of pepper spray, just in case of emergencies.

Skills: Penelope isn't much of a fighter. She's smart but not street-smart and she's hardly a walking encyclopedia. Like Kick-Ass, all she can really boast are good intentions.

But Crown learns fast and adapts even faster. After two weeks of nightly trips to the streets, Crown went from lucky idiot to a semi-capable street fighter. It must be the Asian in Penelope or something like that. It doesn't hurt that Penelope has started exercising under the pretense of losing weight.

Penelope also wields the same power as the infamous Batman himself: money. It shouldn't be hard for her to order more equipment but she can't depend on her wealth to completely support her. She's afraid of her strict and observant parents finding out about her 'hobby'. They surely won't approve if they find bulletproof vests on Penelope's shopping list.

M.O.: Crown might want to do away with the scum of New York city, but they still have a heart. Crown is merciful, so they always call 9-1-1 for their victims. Penelope also leaves notes with her signature (as Crown, of course) and a list of how she inflicted their injuries so the doctors know what to do right away.

Personality: Penelope Wong is a girl in the middle of two worlds. At first sight, she's a very quiet and meek girl. She is easily frightened and intimidated whenever anything goes wrong but she wants to change herself for the better.

Penelope is trying to be independent and assertive, but it's hard to change a personality you've had for eighteen years (she graduated from high school one year ago.) She really has luck and adrenaline to thank for her successful crimefighting so far. But if Penelope made it this far without chickening out or dying, maybe she really has the stuff to be a real hero.

Bio: Penelope was born the second child to a rich and ambitious businessman and an equally rich and ambitious entrepreneur. She grew up just fine with almost everything she wanted (after all, her parents were Asian) but she was very sheltered. She became very wary of life outside of high society, especially after hearing about New York's notorious rise in crime. It doesn't help that even her friends in high places harass Penelope for being horribly naive and ridiculously delicate.

By the time she graduated high school, Penelope hated being meek all the time. She decided to be more assertive to stand up for herself and others. But when she tried helping others, she was so bad that she usually ran away and called the police instead. Even her friends laughed and told her stop making a fool of herself.

Embarrassed and at her limit after a few months of many failed attempts, Penelope came to a crazy alternative. What if she stood up for herself and others in disguise? It was insane but to Penelope it sounded much better than humiliating herself further or being a pushover for the rest of her life. With a few choice items from her (and her brother's) closet, Penelope hit the streets.

That night, after two hours of running into thug after thug, Penelope's priorities switched from 'helping others and being more assertive' to 'get the hell back to the car because there's no way she was going to survive'. But after three more hours of fighting her way through the alleys, she started feeling strangely satisfied. Sure, she was beating criminals bloody with a golf club and the few people she guarded often fled from the sight of some nutjob in a gold scarf.

However, Penelope found that it felt great to protect the innocent and fight back against people she's been afraid of her entire life. After noticing that her signature (An underlined 'W') looked like a crown, Penelope quickly adopted a new alias. From that night on, Crown continued making nightly trips to the shadows of New York from the spacious Wong estate.

Ace of Hearts™
08-24-2010, 05:47 AM
Very good, accepted. I was actually hoping for the sort of 'rich kid' character.

Dr. Dream
08-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Very good, accepted. I was actually hoping for the sort of 'rich kid' character.YAY! So... does this mean we only need one more person?

Ace of Hearts™
08-24-2010, 06:05 AM
It means we wait and see if Excalibur will join, and if anyone would like to.