PDA

View Full Version : [M]God-War [Ooc]

Awean8
08-19-2010, 11:11 PM
so this is my first post on this site.....

Rated [M] for intense violence, vulgar language, alcohol, graphic imagery, and possible sexual references.

Terra is a world inhabited by both humans and magic. Aegaia a simple country of mostly farmers and surfs, has been split in half by a devestating civil war when two factions of nobles form to claim the throne when the young Emporer mysteriously dies without an heir.

One of the factions, East Aegaia, is lead by Garius, the Arch-Bishop of the Watcher-God Helios, while West Aegaia is being lead by Szorzi, a great veteran general who has fought in countless battles. Both factions struggle against each other and seek alliances with foreign countries, and in recent years the recruitment of Avatars, rare but immensely powerful mortals who have gained the favor of a specific god.

Strange rumors of disappearances and cults have sprung up only causing more distress to the people of Aegaia. Some even think that the cults were behind the king's death in the first place.

-Helios the Watcher-God of the Sun
-Shroud the Outcast-God of Trickery
-Ares the God of Destruction
-Nethuns the God of the Sea
-Plutus the Gray-God
-Minerva the Goddess of Wisdom
-Innana the Goddess of Love

-humans
-elves
-dwarves
-vampires
-shapeshifters
-other (PM me before you use.)

Note: There are other minor gods you could possibly make up, just PM me first. These gods are based on the Greek Olympian Gods although Shroud is based on Loki from Norse mythology.

Rules:
-post at least 2 sentences each
-if you want to make a major change in the plot please PM me first.
-you CAN be a dick, as long as its apart of your character's design.

Character Template:
Name:
Weapons:
Appearance:
Personality:
Abilities:
Background
Deity:

Note: Feel free to add more or subtract from that if you want, and you don't have to have a Deity. Your character CAN be an atheist.

Name: Rynn
Race: human/avatar
Weapons:Twin daggers he has sheathed on his arms for easy access.
Appearance: Short but messy black hair. He wears black leather armor with a torn up road weary red cloak.
Personality: generally laid-back, clever, usually looks for a peaceful conclusion. He is very lecherous, and can't pass up a good lookng women.
Abilities: he has gained the enormous magical power given to him by Shroud himself.
Background: Twelve years ago he was once a knight for a high ranking noble family, but after most of his family was wiped out, and he left for dead, he has wandered the world without aim or purpose.
Deity: Shroud
I might post a pic of him later.

Note: All types of characters are welcome as long as it makes somewhat sense to the plot and even if it doesn't humor is a good thing.

Auki
08-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Hey there~ C:
If you're looking for members, why not submit this roleplay for Roleplay of the Week (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=905), put it in the Roleplaying Games Directory (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2304) or click here (http://www.role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3975) to help attract players?
:kailya:

Wattz
08-26-2010, 11:52 PM
I really want to join this. I am a bit confused about the Avatars, though. What kinds of powers are they granted, exactly? What are their limits? I know it probably varies depending on the god, but I think that an example list of powers for each god and the limits of the Avatars would really help clear that up.

Hunter
08-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Name: Asuka Vanile

Race: Shapeshifter.

Weapons: A Pair Of Claw Blades.

Appearance: Asuka has long hair that reaches her elbow.It is dull black and straight.Her eyes are bright blue eyes but mysteriously turn red at night and her skin she pail-ish.

Personality: Asuka is a shy but curious woman.Around new people,she is quiet and would mostly do the listening than the talking.She never was very good at socializing and being around with so many new faces.However,when you get to know her more better,she tends to break away from her shy side and come out to be a new person.She always is and will be curious and tends to ask questions in her mind that neve seem to come out.Asuka never was very wise with direction and mostly gets lost.If she isn't lost in a new place or forest,she would be taking a short nap.

Abilities: She could transform into most creatures.She mostly transforms into a Tundra wolf that is a lot bigger than the normal size,

Background Asuka's parents got killed at a young age.She managed to live deep into the forest,training and learning more about her power.She never could read a map and gets lost within an unknown area.
She adapts quickly to her surroundings and usually 'goes with the flow'.

Deity: Nethuns

Not Sure If I Did This Right...

Awean8
08-27-2010, 12:07 AM
@Wattz. I thought out the basic plotline and everything, but i also wanted it to be fluid and change with the characters, so i'm really sorry if its a little vague.

Avatars are kind of like demi-gods. -The choice in powers are completely up to you as long it makes sense and isn't totally God-Modding which is weird saying considering the plot. BTW if you want to actually be an Avatar PM me first so I know beforehand.

@Hunter No, you did absolutely fine. :D

I actually really like your character. Its somewhat different from what I usually see on this site.

Wattz
08-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Aaaah, mmkay, makes sense XD. I'll be thinking up a character, but I might PM you for more questions.

Awean8
08-27-2010, 12:14 AM
cool. i'm excited already! :D

Hunter
08-27-2010, 12:23 AM
^^ Awesome. =3

Awean8
08-27-2010, 12:41 AM
BTW if you'd like you could try to get more people into this since we only have two or three characters so far.

and as a news flash I probably won't be on tomorrow...Friday is my official socialize day. :D

Wattz
08-28-2010, 06:31 PM
I’ve been wanting to use this character for a long time. Glad I found a place where she can fit, because I really like the race XD;;;

But good lord, is this long-winded .__. I think I went overboard.

Name: T’ai Yyelixa

Race: Naiad

Naiads are an underwater warrior race locked in a seemingly never-ending war of clans. Their bodies were practically built for warfare, with tough skin covered in protective scales and fast-twitch muscles built for high stamina and bursts of strength. Their bodies are usually narrow so that they’re more hydrodynamic in the water, and they have webbed hands and flipper-like feet that make for fast and efficient swimming. Since they have legs, they’re fully capable of walking on land, though it’s not often that a naiad is seen up on the surface. If they’re too far away from water, or if they’re in a particularly dry and hot climate, they become excruciatingly weak. A remedy for this would be for them to drink massive amounts of water, but this tactic is highly impractical, especially if water in a particular area is scarce. Opinions of “land-walkers” vary amongst the naiads, for they’re fairly isolated from the outside world. However, there are occasional “land experts” who can help with water/land relations if need be.

Other points:

- They have webbed hands, but they're curved and pliable enough to where they're able to grip most objects. Their hands are also designed with a "gripping" pattern that makes holding things easy.
- The clans are separated into North, South, East, and West.
- Their hair is translucent and jelly-like, though it’s not uncommon for warriors to cut theirs off.
- Naiad skin comes in various sheens, such as blue, green, silver, and light purple.
- Naiads all have eyes that are completely black with white pupils.
- Their blood is scentless, a defense mechanism of sorts to repel fierce underwater creatures.
- Most naiads have water-based magic, in which they can control varying forms of water. The more powerful the naiad, the larger the body of water they can control. However, it takes a lot of energy out of them to do anything drastic, and can be potentially harmful.
- Their scales thin out around their face, beneath their arms, and on their hands and feet.
- Naiads have large gills on the sides of their faces (where the ears should be).

Weapons: T’ai wields a long lance with a serrated blade and semi-flexible staff.

Appearance: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1267/taiq.jpg

T’ai has the natural slim build of the naiad female and stands at 5’ 7’’. Her scales are tinted blue, and she has black eyes with white pupils, flipper feet, and webbed hands. She has a plain sort of look in her eye with strong, prominent facial features. She keeps her translucent hair at about shoulder length. She wears a gray cloth wrapped around her chest and a myriad of necklaces comprised of shells and other underwater assortments. She wears short black leggings beneath two wraps around her waist, one of which is made of net. The edge of T’ai’s left gill is ripped, the product of a happenstance accident as a child while training.

Personality: T’ai is a very no-nonsense sort of individual who doesn’t take kindly to “clowning around”. She speaks succinctly, and doesn’t like to squander words away. However, T’ai does have her moments of weakness, in which extreme frustration can weigh heavily on her ego. She’s fiercely loyal to her people, but is even more so to her family.

Abilities: T’ai’s ability to control water is fairly subdued. She can command small quantities to a certain extent, a common trait of a naiad.

Background: T’ai belongs to a largely extended family with two other siblings: I’ana (her older sister) and Malt’ai (brother, the youngest). Her father is a warrior named Damalat’ai, and her mother is named Fara’ina.

Her twenty-three year old sister I’ana had always been intrigued by the god-war raging overhead. She made claims of being able to hear a deity speaking to her, calling to her, but strangely enough the deity was not Nethus, the usually worshipped god amongst the naiads. I’ana claimed to hear the deity Helios, a strange contrast to their water-like roots. Her family told her she spoke complete nonsense and found her antics and “Helios worshipping” to be more than a little curious.

But one day, T’ai witnessed I’ana going up to the surface, as if in a trance. She followed after, curious and worried about her well-being but lost her in an enormous crowd. In a fit of panic, T’ai went running after her, asking anyone she could if they’d noticed I’ana walking through the streets. It’s been a week or so since then, and she’s currently off searching for her older sister.

Deity: Nethus, the God of the Sea

Awean8
08-28-2010, 06:48 PM
WOAH! you went all out. XD
I love the names you chose, they sound so foreign.

we kinda need more people. (three more would be good for now.)

Wattz
08-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks! I'll be putting a link in my signature. Hopefully that'll help a bit?

yocuri
08-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Name: Cameron
Race: Human
Occupation: Ex-Deity since he's traveled to a different dimension/world. Trying to inconspicuously take up work in a village.
Weapons: A Whip he usually ignites into a flaming ball of death and a small dagger he carries on him, usually for darker rituals involving him offering his own blood.
Appearance: 6ft, usually a pilot's cap with the goggles covers his head of light brown hair, sometimes even hiding his light purpled eyes. Not in warrior's clothes, but a fancy-enough looking jacket, covering his upper body. He is usually wearing pants, but that's not always the case.
Personality: He has heavy fits of bi-polar, he can go from complete jokester to morbidly depressed if you twist his head around the right way.
Abilities: Sorcery (spells and incantations), Necromancy.
Background: I'm not from this world. I left my family as soon as I turned 18. They are filthy stinking rich, but they were so corrupt and I couldn't stand it anymore. I traveled for a long time before I met up with some friends, but then we all fell apart and I found myself feeling dark and depressed so I cut myself open a wormhole and ended up here instead of killing myself. I'm surprised I'm alive to be quite honest. I didn't wake up probably for a month after I got here, that thing drained me of so much energy. I thought I was dead, but something called to me and brought me back to life. A God, I believe. Ares. Called to me and strengthened me with my power, some that I had not known before- even though in past times, I was considered just slightly below a Deity myself, but... that was a long time ago, things are different now and I'm just trying to find a new place in this world.
Deity: Ares the God of Destruction

HarpuiaDangan
08-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Name: Katsu

Race: Human

Occupation: An affiliate of an assassination group ot cult, hunting Naiad

Weapon: A large jagged sword, beartraps, smoke bombs, hooks, poison which brings immense pain over time but does not kill,a dagger.

Appearance: He wears a bloody black bandana over his mouth. His eyes are dark and he covers his head with a brown hood. His left arm is wrapped with chain. Beartraps hang off his belt. While hooks dangle off his dark shirt. He wears heavy pants and carries his sword on his back.

Personality: A killer at heart he has immense anger that he uses on targets. A bit cold, he doesn't seem to care about anything else besides killing. He isn't completely senseless. He will talk to others and is a bit intelligent.

Abilities: Katsu had stolen a power from the Gods. Allowing him to sacrifice his own body parts to unleash power onto his enemies. His body can regenerate but hes on the brink of death afterwards.

Background: His past is unknown besides an assassin.

Deity: Ares

HarpuiaDangan
08-30-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm sorry its short I'm using a ps3 and I hope its not a bother. I also hope this is fine.

Awean8
08-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Greatness! :D

nice characters you guise.
I should have the IC up and running soon. I'll post the link.
probably tomorrow tho......

btw anyone who still wants to join is free to join.

TheEnd
08-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Name: Adan Triae

Race: A Demi-Human (half human half animal)

Weapons: A broadsword made of black stone

Appearance:http://fav.me/d1i7g7t
-He often wears a large black cloak over his armor.

Personality: Adan is most often quiet, keeps to himself, and seemingly shy. He doesn't talk to much of anyone and prefers to not be seen or heard. Although, his large size does make it hard. He also has a strange fascination with mice.

Abilities: Adan is very strong, having the strength of a lion. He is also agile and quick. With Helios' aid, he also has many fire/sun based abilities.

Background: Adan is commonly hired as a handyman or bodyguard, mostly due to his build and appearance. He has traveled as far back as he can remember and hardly stays in one place longer than a couple days. He is a wanderer and an outcast; he has made many allies, but no friends. If you're looking for directions he is always the "man" to ask.

Adan is well known among inn keepers and tavern regulars as well as certain traveling caravans. He was recently hired as a mercenary to help defend a small village against countryside bandits. He plans to offer his services to a side in the war as soon as his commitment has ended.

Deity:Helios

Awean8
08-31-2010, 10:39 PM
HERE'S THE IC PEOPLE! :D
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=314782#post314782

btw you don't have to start out in the tavern with my character. You can spawn your character anywhere in the city. I encourage everyone to be creative, so try to add to the setting that I already put in.

Wattz
09-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Woot! I'll be responding later tonight XD;;;

TheEnd
09-02-2010, 03:13 AM
Hey, I posted! So exactly which faction is perceived as "good"?

Awean8
09-04-2010, 01:23 AM
sorry..guys for not posting in a while....I've been having a bad week...

@TheEnd well....funny story..hehehe......actually none of the factions are "good", but fueled by their own ideas and opinions. much like normal people.
I'll reveal the two factions back story later on, but feel free to still join either faction since it will only add to the plot.

btw you could also just go on your own avoiding any ties to the factions and that would be totally fine.

Hunter
09-04-2010, 01:32 PM
I ,too, Am Sorry For Not Posting.I've Been Busy With School And All.Can Someone Tell Me What Happened So Far Because My Computer Has Some Problems With The Screen And It Turned Pink o_O?
But I'm Going To Buy A New One Soon.

HarpuiaDangan
09-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Same here. Being sick and school hasn't been well for me either.

Hunter
09-05-2010, 05:47 PM
And I'll Be Gone This Week Once Again And Wont Have Time To Catch Up.. -.-"

Wattz
09-05-2010, 07:12 PM
No worries, not much has happened so far, so it should be easy to catch up.

So far, a siege has been laid on the city of Zolvarus. Rynn, Adan, and Cameron have gathered in the tavern, and T'ai is trying to get out of the city by seeing if she can scale the rooftops, but just ran into Katsu.

That's about it so far XD. Plenty of room to catch up!

*runs to post*

Awean8
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
OMG!
I'm finally about to post! :D

don't worry you guys i realize everyone is busy with school and such, so just post whenever you have the time.

yocuri
09-09-2010, 04:37 AM
I'm usually on every night for a few hours, but hah, no one else is around, so I usually end up just doing some quick replies ^^ I hope I'm doing alright...

Awean8
09-09-2010, 09:11 PM
its fine. if your on every night you should some of the other Rps on here while you wait.

there's alot of good ones on here.:vSmile:

yocuri
09-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Oh, heh, well, I don't want to get too attached to people... I get weird commitment things that go on and I'd rather avoid that for the time being. xD

Awean8
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
XD lolz

HarpuiaDangan
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I get on when I can. Glad to see everyone again. :D

Wattz
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Hope you don't mind HarpuiaDangan, but I just made it so Katsu lead them to the tavern to speed it up a bit XD. Also, just for future reference, her sister doesn't know T'ai's looking for her right now. She left in a trance-like state. Just so you're aware.

Awean8
09-14-2010, 10:01 PM
hmmm....I know people are busy but I started another Rp on the sci-fi forum.

just for those who may be interested and actually have the time
here's the link.
http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?p=328014#post328014

Wattz
09-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Hmm.... I'll see if time permits XD.