PDA

View Full Version : The Belle Recipes

Froggy
07-18-2014, 05:25 PM
As I begin the process of cooking healthy again, I'm beginning to write more and more of my recipes down and tweak them each time I cook them. I have a small journal filled with a few recipes from my old days, and some recent potato recipes that I have come up with...I find myself amused each time I review the oldest portions of this journal, seeing all the fried recipes inside it...I don't even use my deep fryer anymore, so now I'm doing my best to revamp those "old" recipes and making them more health-friendly.

Thus, I've decided to recreate a food thread filled with recipes galore. Feel free to use them as your own, and if you have any recipes that you think I would be interested...please post them here. I will rep anyone who posts a recipe, whether I use it or not.

With that said, I will try to update this as often as possible!

Froggy
07-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Here I'll be posting some of my older recipes from my deep-fryer days, and further along the thread I'll be posting newer versions of them in which I attempt to make them that much healthier <3 ...and for those that I can't figure out ways to make healthier...I'll put them in a different style later down the line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12-3-2012

Fried Pork Chops with Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Pork Chop Portion-
Ingredients:
1. Onion mix (such as French's or great value)
2. Eggs
3. Garlic and herb spice mix (any brand, I use McCormick's Perfect Pinch)
4. Parsley Flakes
5. Three tablespoons of flour per three tablespoons of onion mixture.
6. Ground black pepper
7. 4 Lean, boneless pork chops

Directions:
1. Chop onion mix in a blender to a fine crumble.
2. Add flour and seasonings to crumble, stir well.
3. Place pork chops in egg mixture, then coat with onion mixture.
4. Place pork chops into the deep fryer at 350 degrees F and cook until the crust is a golden brown color.

~Recipe notes:
I have a horrible, horrible habit of eyeballing everything- so you will see many of my recipes will say "such and such seasoning" but no exact amount...because I don't use measurements. So, given four pork chops I believe three eggs would be enough- and if not? Use more. Three tablespoons of flour per three tablespoons of onion mixture...add seasonings as you would like. Also, another thing I've learned since creating this recipe...try adding a few dashes of Tobasco sauce (or regular old hot sauce) to the eggs and stir it in for a hotter flavor profile.

Homemade Garlic Mashed Potatoes-
Ingredients:
1. Four Yukon gold potatoes, medium size
2. One large spoonful of minced garlic, canned or fresh
3. Butter
4. Milk
5. Pepper
6. Parsley flakes

Directions:
1. Peel potatoes and cut in halves, then cut halves into fours.
2. Place in pot and fill with hot water, set to boil. Add garlic.
3. Cook potatoes until tender- usually at least 20-30 minutes, but check frequently by poking with a fork.
4. Drain water from potatoes.
5. Add butter and mash butter into potatoes, add milk and stir until they are smooth.
6. Add pepper and parsley flakes as desired, stir together.

~Recipe notes:
Again with the eyeballing. I've seen some people use heavy cream instead of milk. Essentially it begins with ABOUT 1/4 cup of milk, adding until the potatoes are smooth. I believe we use about 2-3 tablespoons of butter, again until it's the desired texture for the preparer.

Froggy
07-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Here I'll post some of my newer recipes, such as my lemon shrimp tacos, my lemon pepper chicken and a few other recipes. I'll have to add a recipe later today, but keep an eye out!

June 2014

Lemon Shrimp Tacos

Ingredients:
1. Two lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
2. One small lemon
3. One package of taco shells
4. Medium Picante/ Pace/ Taco bell sauce...any brand will work, as long as it's chunky
5. 1/4 Cup diced onions
6. 1/4 Cup diced cherry tomatoes- I use red, dark red, yellow, and orange for added flavor
7. Any kind of lettuce, if desired
8. Mexican flavored shredded cheese to sprinkle on top
9. 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
10. Spices- Parsley flakes, Roasted bell pepper and garlic (I use McCormick's Perfect Pinch, but again any brand will work), and ground black pepper
11. 2 Tablespoons butter

Directions:
1. Place the butter in a non-stick skillet to melt. Add the onions, cook until they soften. Add the shrimp, seasonings (as desired), and garlic, cook shrimp until they turn pink on the outside...you'll know they're done when they all turn change color on the outside. Slice one in half to verify the inside is cooked. Roll the lemon against a hard surface to release the juices, slice in half and sprinkle half of the juice over the mixture.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the taco shells until they are warm and crispy.
3. Remove taco shells from the oven, place cheese first so that it'll melt. Add the shrimp, onions, and tomatoes on top. Then add the hot sauce. Add more lemon juice if desired.

July 2014
Lemon Pepper Chicken

Ingredients:
1. 3 (6oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
2. 2 small lemons
3. Pepper
4. 1 clove garlic
5. Olive oil cooking spray

Directions:
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, and then in half lengthwise.
2. Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray to prevent the chicken from sticking.
3. Season the chicken generously, on both sides, with freshly ground black pepper. No exact amount, just enough to provide an outer layer of seasons. I use finely ground black pepper as opposed to coarsely ground black pepper.
4. After each quarter has been seasoned, place it in the baking dish. Roll a lemon to release juices, cut it in half and sprinkle half of the lemon juice on the chicken. You should have twelve pieces total, if needed you can use the other half of the lemon.
5. Slice the lemon into quarters and scatter it around the chicken, with the inner part of the lemon laying on top of the chicken. Dice up some garlic, sprinkle it on top of the chicken as well.
6. Place in 350 degree F. oven for roughly 45minutes- 1 hour, until juices run clear and inside is white. There should be NO color in the chicken whatsoever, use a thermometer with temperature guides if you aren't sure.

~*Recipe notes: I don't measure the pepper, rather I take a fine grinder and just season the top until it looks like enough pepper on each side. You can add more lemon than just one half of it if you like the lemon flavor, and another hint is to cut up a whole lemon into quarters and scatter the pieces on top of the chicken along with the used lemon.

March 2014

Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1. ½ Red bell pepper, finely diced
2. ½ Yellow bell pepper, finely diced
3. ½ Orange bell pepper, finely diced
4. ½ Onion, finely diced
5. ¼ Cup green onions
6. ½ Cup cherry tomatoes (red, dark red, orange and yellow)
7. ¼ Cup finely chopped carrots
8. ½ Cup small Yukon potatoes
9. 1 Cup rice
10. 2.5 Cups chicken broth
11. 1 Jar soup base
12. Seasonings
- Roasted bell pepper and garlic
- Basil
- Parsley
- Chives
- White pepper
- Sugar

Directions:
1. Take all three bell peppers, Julienne them and then dice them finely.
2. Cut ends off onion, peel it and then dice half of it.
3. Take ½ cup cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
4. Cut green onions into bite-sized pieces.
5. Peel carrots, chop finely.
6. Add ½ cup chicken broth to a skillet, turn skillet to medium-high and add diced vegetables. Season generously with all seasons.
7. Place one cup rice into a pot, add remaining two cups of chicken broth, heat to boil and cover. Turn heat down to low, cook for fifteen minutes or until soft. Uncover and let rest for five minutes. Fluff, don’t stir.
8. Add jar of soup sauce to vegetables, stir in sugar to taste. It helps with the acidity of the tomatoes.
9. Mix in rice and stir together.
10. Cook until all the vegetables are soft, add more seasoning as needed. Take off heat and let sit for five minutes to cool.

~Recipe Notes:
The carrots typically take longer to cook than anything else. Add them in first, for about ten or so minutes, then add the onions for another minute or two before adding the rest of the vegetables. Also, if you don't like it quite so chunky you can also send this through a blender once it's all been cooked...Add the rice after it's been blended. With all of my recipes, add the seasonings to taste. Cut the vegetables as finely or as chunky as you want them, use any brand of soup base. I typically stick with the tomato and basil flavored soup bases as they are a bit sweeter for me.

Recipe Created: August 30th, 2014
Oven Roast Chicken- Whole
Ingredients:
1. 1 Whole chicken
2. ½ Large onion
3. 2 Cloves garlic, fresh
4. ½ Cup butter
5. Low sodium chicken stock
6. Seasonings
- Basil (fresh and dry)
- Cilantro
- Parsley
- Black Pepper

Directions:
1. Take as much fat off of the inside of the chicken as possible prior to cooking, allowing easier access to the exterior skin. If you aren’t a health nut like me, you can skip this step.
2. Cut ½ onion into ¼ pieces. Dice two cloves of garlic, set these items aside.
3. Melt the butter in a measuring cup (easier to pour), add parsley, basil, and a little black pepper to taste.
4. Add basil, parsley, black pepper, and cilantro to the inside of the chicken. Use your judgment as to how much or how little, I used around ¼ teaspoon each eyeballed. Then, get as much of the seasoning under the skin as possible, making sure to get each area…breasts, wings, legs…thighs. You get the idea. Flip the bird over, get the other opening with the seasonings. Sprinkle them over the top (especially if you intend to keep the skin on) and return it to bottom side down.
5. Take the seasoned butter, getting as much of it underneath the skin as you possibly can. If you want to get really creative, you can puncture holes into the meat and pour butter into those holes. Make sure to get butter into both sides of the bird, and under as much skin as possible.
6. Tie the legs together with cooking string if desired, promotes juice retention and preserves the flavor a little more. I usually just pour about ¼ cup of chicken stock into the pan and let the bird cook in that, it usually helps with the juiciness.
7. Cook the bird at 350F for about 1 hour. Check at the end of the hour, puncture a hole in the top and the juices should run clear. If they don’t, stick it back in for another ten minutes and check repeatedly until done. You can also check the temperature, it should be around 165F.
8. Let it rest for about ten to fifteen minutes before carving. After it rests, you would cut the skin off and proceed to butcher the chicken.

Froggy
07-18-2014, 05:53 PM
For those recipes that have healthy aspects, and unhealthy aspects. I'll post them here and if I can update them healthier, they'll be referenced in the Recipes of New post as well. Again, I'll have to update these later today, but keep an eye out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chicken and Rice Casserole

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/57fe49d0-169f-41ef-af25-a7ad438cc0ad_zps6335ddc7.jpg

Ingredients:
1. 4-4 Oz. Chicken breasts, skinless
2. ½ Red bell pepper, finely diced
3. ½ Yellow bell pepper, finely diced
4. ½ Orange bell pepper, finely diced
5. ½ Cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
6. ¼ Cup to ½ cup onions, finely diced
7. ¼ Cup green onions
8. ½ Tablespoon parsley
9. ½ Tablespoon basil
10. Several dashes of seasoning
-Roasted bell pepper and garlic
-White pepper
11. 2 Tablespoons butter
12. ½ Cup of desired shredded cheese
13. ½ Cup tomato sauce
14. 2 Cups rice
15. 2.5 Cups chicken broth
16. 2 Cups water

Directions:
1. Cut chicken breasts into equal 1-inch cubes.
2. Take ½ of each bell pepper, Julienne them and then dice into smaller pieces.
3. Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
4. Take ends off onion, peel, and dice half of it finely.
5. Melt butter into skillet, add vegetables, cook vegetables for five minutes before adding chicken. Generously add seasonings and stir. Add ½ cup chicken broth into mixture. Cook for an additional ten minutes before starting the rice.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/1bdef5c2-1aeb-4551-9d31-7fba9428bc13_zps82aff428.jpg

6. Place two cups rice into pot, add 2 cups chicken broth and 2 cups of water and ¼ cup green onions. Heat until boiling. Cover, turn down to low heat, cook for fifteen minutes or until desired texture. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for five minutes.
7. Pour in dish and spread out evenly, stir chicken, vegetables, and rice together. Add sauce on top. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and then cheese and place dish into oven at 375F for 20 minutes.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/3834ef74-d417-41cb-8e60-db505e0b1546_zps68b81463.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/5f5829e6-2f69-4b89-ad44-8bc47fee7f6d_zps95a2b6f2.jpg

8. Cook until cheese is a golden brown color, let cool for five minutes before serving. Sprinkle with either chives or green onions if desired.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/6ec7bc88-6b17-44c6-bff4-6c3ca357f963_zpsffa0b516.jpg

Parmesan Bread Crumb Crusted Chicken Breasts (7-19-14)

Ingredients:
1. 3- 6oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. 5 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs, any brand
3. ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
4. 2 eggs
5. Seasonings- pepper, paprika, parsley and basil
6. Olive oil (cooking spray and liquid)

Directions:
1. Begin by cutting the chicken breasts in half width wise, and then in half again length wise resulting in four pieces.
2. Mix about ¼ cup of Italian bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon of parsley, 1 tablespoon of basil, ½ tablespoon of ground black pepper, ½ tablespoon of paprika, and parmesan. Add more if desired.
3. Mix eggs, season eggs with about ¼ tablespoon of each seasoning for added flavor if desired.
4. First, use one hand to dip the chicken breasts into the egg mixture and drop it into the breadcrumb mixture. Use the other hand to coat the chicken breasts in the seasoned bread crumbs and coat generously. For extra crispiness, dip the seasoned chicken back into the egg mixture and then again back into the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat the process for the rest of the pieces, placing them into an olive-oil sprayed baking dish.
5. Drizzle the top of the chicken breasts with olive oil. Be careful not to put too much as it will make the breadcrumb mixture soggy, but a light drizzle will make it crispier.
6. Place into a 350 degree oven for twenty minutes. Turn chicken breasts over at the ten minute marker for extra crispiness on the bottom side. Let sit for five minutes to cool.

~Recipe notes:
Chicken should be completely white when you cut into it, and juices should be clear. At this point the chicken is finished and ready to be served.

Smashed Potateos July 2014
Ingredients:
1. 1 lb of Yukon gold potatoes, the smaller the better
2. ¼ cup of grated Italian cheese
3. Seasonings
- Garlic and herb seasoning to taste
-Ground black pepper to taste
-Dill weed to taste
4. Olive oil cooking spray
5. 3-4 cups of water, or for extra flavor use instead 1-2 cups water, 1-2 cups chicken stock.

Directions:
1. Wash the potatoes, leave the peel on. Place a pot of water (or water/ chicken stock mixture) on boil. Add fresh or pre-minced garlic (however much you want) to the water as it boils. Cut the potatoes into quarters (or halves, depending upon the size) and boil until fork soft.
2. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a cooking sheet with olive oil.
3. Drain the potatoes, place on baking sheet. Spray with olive oil, take a fork and smash the potatoes downward to form a small ‘patty’ like shape. Sprinkle with seasoning. Spray smashed potatoes again.
4. Cook in 425 degree oven until the potatoes begin to crisp up (they won’t be super crispy, but you can tell when the skin tightens up). Add the cheese, cook until the cheese melts.

~ Recipe notes: These things are addicting, more so than potato chips. The cheesy flavor rocks. It wouldn't hurt to sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top of the potato smashes before you put the cheese on, bake it and then add cheese on...adds a bit of nice texture to it!

Froggy
07-18-2014, 05:58 PM
As the title suggests... these recipes hold my deepest desires in the food world. Recipes of unhealthy proportions, things that I crave on a regular basis...things that I will splurge on, in exchange for an hour of exercise later that day.

The ultimate comfort food.

Ingredients:
1. 1 ½ Cup All Purpose Flour, or regular bread flour
2. 1 Teaspoon salt
3. 1 Teaspoon fine sugar
4. 1 Teaspoon active dry yeast
5. ½ Cup warm water
6. 1 Tablespoon olive oil

Optional Ingredients:
• Spinach
• Cherry tomatoes
• Mozzarella
• Onions
• Green Onions
• Red, orange, and yellow bell pepper
• Various seasonings

Directions:
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, sugar, and yeast. Make a large well in the middle.
2. Pour the water and olive oil into the middle of the well.
3. Combine ingredients until it forms a dough, kneading several times in the bowl before transferring to a well-floured surface (flour on top of wax paper works fine).
4. Add your seasonings, knead for ten minutes straight.
5. Place into a well-oiled bowl and cover. Let rise for one hour or until dough doubles in size.
6. Cut dough in half, place each ball onto a well flour surface and knead until smooth. Each ball can make up to an eight to ten inch pizza. Roll out the dough and transfer to a well-oiled pizza pan. Stab with a fork in several areas to prevent further rising.
7. Pre-bake pizza crust for three minutes before removing, add your toppings and cook for an additional seven minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.

~Recipe Notes:
I have learned through making pizza that the crust will always turn out better if you season it while kneading it...it adds more flavor in the end. When it comes to the toppings, I'll leave those up to you, but as you can see by my optional ingredients I like mine similar to a Margarita style pizza...only with a few more veggies. It also works really well with Italian sausage and ground beef.

Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1. 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. ½ Red bell pepper, ½ yellow bell pepper, ½ orange bell pepper
3. ½ Medium sized onion
4. ½ Cup chicken stock
5. Mexican flavored cheese
6. Seasonings – White pepper, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, cilantro (fresh), paprika, cumin, chili powder, minced garlic.
7. ½ Tablespoon vegetable oil
8. ½ Tablespoon all-purpose flour
9. Tortillas
10. Butter cooking spray

Directions:
1. Slice the chicken strips into small, thin strips length wise.
2. Spray and heat a skillet with the cooking spray. Add the thin chicken strips, seasoning immediately with black pepper, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and a little paprika as desired. Cook until the chicken is white all throughout (usually no more than 7-10 minutes). Place on a cutting board and let rest for about five minutes.
3. Dice all the veggies into small pieces. Re-spray the skillet and cook the veggies for about 10-12 minutes, until they soften. You can also add some black pepper and fresh cilantro to the veggies. Take the veggies and put them aside.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/ce967ee3-b93b-4825-b106-8860276accb9_zps7e7fac26.jpg

4. Using a medium skillet, add ½ tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat. Have a whisk read, add ½ tablespoon of flour to the oil and whisk quickly. Similar to making a gravy, but this is making a roux.
5. Slowly add in the chicken stock, pouring a little at a time.
6. Once the chicken stock has been poured, add all of your seasonings. The more chili powder you add, the deeper color you get. Add the rest of the seasonings to the mixture to taste.
7. Turn heat to low, let simmer for until the mixture thickens and reduces.
8. Spray a large casserole dish with butter spray and place tortillas in it in a taco shape. Don’t add too many or you won’t be able to add the fillings.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/4001d70d-ad66-470a-9bce-53241ab92000_zps175c8da1.jpg

9. Add the peppers, onions, and shredded chicken to the sauce; let cook for another three-five minutes for the flavors to mend together. Turn off, let cool for a few minutes.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/a015ccf5-b773-47db-b76c-a0dadca3942f_zpsaddd3839.jpg

10. When the sauce is cooled, take a large serving spoon and pour the mixture into each of the tortillas. Be careful not to add too much, just enough to coat the bottom and a little more. Leave a little sauce left to pour over the enchiladas when they’re assembled.
11. Next, take one side of the enchilada and roll it to the other, putting the seam side down. Continue this through the rest of the enchiladas.
12. When all the enchiladas are wrapped and seam side down, pour the remaining sauce over each of the enchiladas. Then, sprinkle as much cheese as you want over the top.
13. Pre-heat oven to 350 and bake until the cheese melts, usually about 4-6 minutes.

~Recipe notes: This recipe works best if you follow my previous recipe on how to cook a whole chicken, and then shred the meat. It's also easier as it's a great make-ahead recipe!

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee360/GodsOfDeathLoveApples/4b47508f-46ba-40dd-b840-77f2b6a8d34e_zps587c9076.jpg

Grilled C.O.B.- Chicken, Onion, Bacon!

Ingredients:
1. 2 slices of whole wheat bread
2. ½ chicken breast
3. 2 slices of tomato
4. ¼ white onion
5. 3 strips bacon
6. ¼ cup monterry jack cheese
7. Seasonings
- black pepper, paprika, basil
8. 2 tablespoons butter
9. Butter cooking spray

Directions:
1. Slice the ½ chicken breast into halves; then slice the halves into small, thin lengthwise strips.

2. Add 1 tablespoon butter to a nonstick skillet and add the chicken. Season the chicken with the desired amount of black pepper, paprika, and basil. Allow to cook for at least 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, it should be white on the inside. The time will also vary depending on how thick your slices are.

3. Remove the chicken from the skillet, set aside to cool. Add 3 slices of bacon and cook as directed from the package or until it reaches the desired texture. Remove the bacon and set aside.

4. Take ¼ of a white onion, slice them into thin, Julienne style strips. Add the other tablespoon of butter to the same skillet that the chicken and bacon were cooked in. Add the onions, season with black pepper. Allow the onions to cook until they begin to change color and turn soft, they should have a darker, opaque appearance when finished.

5. On a flat skillet, spray butter cooking spray on the skillet itself. I don’t like crust on my sandwiches so I usually remove the crust, then spray both sides of the bread with the butter cooking spray. Set the bread on the skillet and toast one side until the desired texture. When the first side is done, flip it and add cheese to both pieces of bread. Allow enough time for the cheese to melt. Add chicken, onion, bacon, and tomato in that order. If you want you can add additional ingredients such as lettuce and a sauce.

6. Slice the sandwich in half on a diagonal cut, these things are MESSY! Have a napkin handy!

Kris
07-19-2014, 07:32 PM
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/annebonny10/rpa/fb-1.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/RoleplayAdventures)

Froggy
07-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Updated to include Parmesan Breadcrumb Crusted Chicken Breasts (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144203&viewfull=1#post2144203)

Recipe creation date: 7-19-14

Kris
07-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Yay! More Food!

Mihkul
07-21-2014, 01:51 PM
I did the garlic mashed potatoes over the weekend.....totally awesome! Thank you, JB

Froggy
07-21-2014, 02:22 PM
Yay! So glad to hear!

One of my favorite potato recipes ^.^

Froggy
07-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Updated to include Lemon Pepper Chicken (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144196#post2144196). Simple, tasty, and full of flavor.

Recipe creation date: July 2014

Froggy
08-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Updated to add Smashed Potatoes (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144203&viewfull=1#post2144203). Soooo addicting!

Recipe created July 2014.

Mihkul
08-06-2014, 07:43 PM
And I can testify to this. Just follow the recipe as directed and you will love them.

Froggy
08-06-2014, 11:33 PM
<3

Fingerline potatoes are also wonderful to use in this! ^.^

Just sooo much more expensive! I just use small yukon potatoes and cut them up instead.

Froggy
08-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Vegetable soup (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144196#post2144196) makes for an easy weeknight dinner...

Froggy
08-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Reserving this post for herbed potato medley and chicken quesadillas!

Should be up either today or tomorrow <3

Kiki
08-30-2014, 08:40 PM
You have a new avid follower! All of these sound wonderful so far!

Froggy
08-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Brand new recipe! Oven Roast Chicken- whole chicken (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144196&viewfull=1#post2144196)! This will have your house smelling from the aromatics... soooo yummy!

Recipe Created: August 30th, 2014.

Also, I'll have directions on how to butcher a chicken as soon as I get this bird cooked...learning experience! And, and... I actually have pictures to come with this recipe! Bear with me, it will happen!

Froggy
08-30-2014, 09:05 PM
So, inspired by the bird in my oven, I'm making a new post giving recipes for what to do with a whole chicken. These are some of my favorite recipes, and oven roast chicken is very versatile with the recipes.

Chicken Stir-Fry
Chicken Quesadillas
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chicken Tacos
Chicken Salad
Chicken and Potato Medley
Chicken Philly...yum!

Just a few of them to name off the top of my head. Of course you can always go simpler, chicken and mashed potatoes, chicken sandwich...things like that. All these recipes require is a little extra love after the bird is finished, but the end results are so worth it! Will get to work on posting these wonderful recipes as soon as I can! :)

Mihkul
09-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Sounds delicious. Will have to try the bird cooked that way

Froggy
09-04-2014, 04:09 AM
On the menu tomorrow: ooey gooey cheesy chicken enchiladas. With leftover whole bird of course!

And therefore, hopefully a recipe tomorrow or Friday as well. :)

Cicada
09-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Reading through this thread is inspiring me more and more to attempt to cook a whole chicken, and then use that chicken in some of your different recipes.

I've never even attempted at doing a whole chicken before. Might do it this weekend.

Froggy
09-08-2014, 01:56 AM
Updated to include: Ooey Gooey Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144206#post2144206). They are delicious and prove to be a great make-ahead meal, with plenty of leftovers.

Recipe created: September 5th, 2014.

Mihkul
09-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Looks like I'm having Ooey Gooey Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas for dinner tonight. This one is a GOTTA TRY. Thanks, JB

Froggy
09-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Awesome! I'll upload some pictures for them today when I get home :)

Mihkul
09-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Look forward to seeing you next season on The Next Food Network Star

Midori-Hime
09-08-2014, 09:34 PM
My dad just made this tuna salad with cannellini beans and I think it's really good. It's really simple and healthy too.

I don't think there's anything you have to be too exact with.

Just 2 cans of tuna, cannellini beans (which I think are aka white kidney beans)
Then you add a good bit of olive oil, and just a little bit of red wine vinegar.
Just mix that with thinly sliced green onions, celery, and whatever spices you like (we just added salt and pepper)
And finally, squeeze some lemon juice on it.

I think it's pretty refreshing, but I love tuna so...

Froggy
09-08-2014, 09:45 PM
I bet that would be really good with some fresh tuna too! I love it when Tuna is in season <333

Thanks for the recipe!

As far as the pictures are concerned, having some technical issues...trying to get them uploaded -_-

Midori-Hime
09-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Ooooh yeah. Probably :D

Mihkul
09-09-2014, 02:59 PM
I tried the enchiladas last night and they were excellent. I'm sure your pictures will look a whole lot better than mine did, but it was awesome. Thank you, JB

Froggy
09-18-2014, 01:25 AM
Check it out guys, I was -finally- able to upload pictures for the Chicken Enchiladas! :)

Froggy
09-18-2014, 02:33 AM
Updated pictures for my Chicken and Rice Casserole (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144203#post2144203)!

Mihkul
09-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Gotta say, your enchiladas look soooo much better than mine did. Nice work, doll.

Froggy
09-19-2014, 07:58 PM
That's because I use lots of cheese and lots of extra sauce on the top of mine :XD: <3

Will try to come up with some beef recipes, although you could use beef enchiladas instead of chicken if you wanted to. ;loves;

Mihkul
10-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Oh yes.....have to admit I am more of a beef/pork fan than the dead yard bird

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608019351961141653&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Froggy
10-02-2014, 02:38 AM
Well, the primary things that I cook beef/pork wise...don't really have exact recipes to follow. Things like slow cooked beef tips with rice and gravy, steak and a side, surf and turf, slow cooked pork roast, baked pork roast, spaghetti with ground beef, beef tacos, beef roulade...it's either a very complex recipe or a very simple recipe.

Thereinlies my delimma as the slow cooker recipes are all eyeballed, right down to the gravy. They also vary in time depending on the kind and amount of product being used.

So...I can post ingredients for the slow cooker recipes, guesstimates for the quantities of ingredients used, and general directions...but I can't give you an exact recipe. I'm willing to do that though, if you really want some recipes :)

I've also never made the roulade, it's just something I've been wanting to try so I can't give you a recipe for that at all... XD

Mihkul
10-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Oh yes, yes...pretty please? Slow cooking is so much simpler for me as I can just throw it in the crock pot and hi-ho,hi-ho, off to work I go

Froggy
10-03-2014, 07:09 PM
I'll see what I can come up with. It won't be anything exact, but it will give you an idea of what to do to get started <3

Mihkul
10-03-2014, 08:15 PM
You da best, JB -excited-

Froggy
10-05-2014, 12:07 AM
Your requested recipes are coming, Mihkul, but until then I bring you:

The grilled C.O.B. sandwich (http://role-player.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63477&p=2144206&viewfull=1#post2144206)! And I'm not talking about corn on the cob either :)

Mihkul
11-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I just noticed this and it looks awesome. Thanks for finding me dinner for tonight, JB